PDA

View Full Version : Dragic to get 5 year 80 million?

Stunner
06-21-2015, 12:25 AM
RT @NBA_Updates15: NBA Report: Goran Dragic to revive contest extension from the Heat. 5 year more than 80 million.

jerellh528
06-21-2015, 12:44 AM
Yes!

hotdalton18
06-21-2015, 01:00 AM
In a nba where Tristan Thompson and deandre Jordan will get the max then you have to give dragic the max

Good move

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2015, 01:03 AM
Nice contract for him.

SportsFanatic10
06-21-2015, 02:07 AM
If he takes a 5 year 80 something deal I'd be pretty happy with that since his 5 year max would be over 100 m. And I've went into this offseason pretty much expecting him to get a max.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-21-2015, 02:09 AM
He a legend.

IBleedPurple
06-21-2015, 03:08 AM
Dragons aren't cheap

Iron24th
06-21-2015, 03:22 AM
Great move by the heat, then my Lakers will not give him that stupid contract.

ThePlayoffs
06-21-2015, 03:30 AM
Dragic deserves it, such a good player.

TheNumber37
06-21-2015, 04:48 AM
Bledsoe Money

TylerSL
06-21-2015, 05:11 AM
This just states the Heat will offer 5/80. I expect him to want 5/108 (a max), they will probably meet at around 5/90. 5 years $90 million for Dragic will look pretty decent when the cap explodes in a year. It would also mean Bosh/Dragic will be less than half the cap in 2016 and the Heat will be able to take care of Wade while still retaining flexibility for 2016. Wade will probably opt out of his $16 million and sign a new 2 year deal with an option for the 2nd and he will get some of that $11 million he left off the table when Lebron left back. I would expect it to be something around 2 years $40 million.

So that could mean Bosh/Wade/Dragic could make anywhere between $63-$65 million in 2016, when the cap is $89 million, giving the team enough space to try to lure a star player to the franchise. Whiteside would be taken care of after a star would be acquired as that's been the plan all along. We'll go way into the tax after Whiteside's probable max, but if Miami could acquire someone like Durant to play along side these guys it would be worth it.

I know I'm going way ahead, but that's the plan. The first step is retaining Dragic, which Miami looks poised to do. :D

GoferKing_
06-21-2015, 05:37 AM
Seriously? 5/over80 mil for an old guy?xD

GoferKing_
06-21-2015, 05:39 AM
"Whiteside's probable max" o.O

MonroeFAN
06-21-2015, 07:45 AM
I don't even know how to respond to heat fans anymore. 43 games = MAX. Top 5 center, a piece that is currently off the table.

When Wade leaves and brings his 50 games a season to Cleveland, the dragon + the goat center should be good for a couple of 20 win seasons.

SportsFanatic10
06-21-2015, 08:19 AM
I don't even know how to respond to heat fans anymore. 43 games = MAX. Top 5 center, a piece that is currently off the table.

When Wade leaves and brings his 50 games a season to Cleveland, the dragon + the goat center should be good for a couple of 20 win seasons.

You think we would want to pay Whiteside a max? No, but if he has a good year this season as expected then we will have to pay to keep him. He will be an unrestricted free agent and we won't even have his bird rights. Just google it, plenty of articles are stating that he'll likely get max offers next offseason if he has a good year. We aren't coming up with that out of nowhere.

And the Cavs can't sign Wade, they have no money. It would mean no Thompson and no Love for starters lol. Besides he's highly unlikely to leave for anywhere regardless of posturing during negotiations. Also the Dragon and Whiteside would also have Bosh alongside as well if he were to leave, plus Miami would have some cap space next year. Nice objective post though, maybe try worrying about your own team who have a much better knack for 20 win seasons.

Raidaz4Life
06-21-2015, 08:29 AM
That would be an amazing deal for the Heat if he signs for that.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-21-2015, 08:58 AM
It was reported way before trade deadline Dragic wanted 5 years $100M.

Dade County
06-21-2015, 01:58 PM
It was reported way before trade deadline Dragic wanted 5 years $100M.

Naw.

He was never getting that. As a organization you don't outbid yourself. No one but the HEAT can offer over 80mil, so why pay him 100mil. He'll get 89-91mil for that extra year and call it a day.

I think he'll be 34 or 35 when that contract is done.

TylerSL
06-21-2015, 02:10 PM

Well Whiteside's next contract is going to be based on what he does next season. But how can you just say "43 games" when, if we're being technical, it was 48 and he wasn't just playing well, he was playing great? At the same time, I realize his numbers may not have held fully over the course of an entire season, but he was 5th in PER. I'm sorry but it would be a huge feat if he was even top 25 in PER, and he was good enough for 5th. I find it alarming that you would so quickly disregard his accomplishments and act as if it's a fluke. If he was "just" top 25 in PER that could have fallen off in the final 30 games or so he didn't play a lot more than top 5.

But Whiteside wouldn't get a max if he can't repeat what he has done next season. Yet what indication has been given that he will not? When I say "probable max" I am guilty of making the assumption that he will basically do this again next year, or at least be similar. I can't say, or even imagine, he will be 5th in PER again or average average 18/15/4 per 36 again, but if his anything close to that given his age and what he does on the court, a max will be on the table. That's just a fact. Hate's a strong thing.

As to the Wade leaving, I guess we'll find out. I'm confident though so I'm too worried about it. On the flip side, by your name I take it you are a Pistons fan. Well it's far more possible that Monroe walks comparative to Wade. I would almost say it's likely at this point. So what would you do if he walked? Stay a Pistons fan or follow Monroe? Just a thought.

beasted86
06-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Dragic max with Bird rights from the HEAT is 5yr/$112 if I'm not mistaken.

If this report of 5yr/$80M is true, then this is huge. Allows cap space to resign Wade and Whiteside and add a new starting SF.

SportsFanatic10
06-21-2015, 04:32 PM
A 5yr/115m deal would be the true max for Dragic according to Heat beat writer Ira Winderman. But I doubt Dragic takes 5/80, even the report says the offer is "in excess of 80m". Probably just a starting point for negotiations, but if he were to take a deal in the 80s that would help the Heat out a lot.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-21-2015, 08:44 PM
Hilarious how some people view this as a bad deal lol. This would be AMAZING for the Heat. However, "excess" of 80 million could mean 100 million so it's a pretty pointless rumor.

buck4493
06-21-2015, 08:49 PM
It's a bargain compared to the comical money they gave bosh.

buck4493
06-21-2015, 08:50 PM
Another team may offer him the max, then what will heat do?

MTar786
06-21-2015, 09:06 PM
i think he is worth 13-15m max per year. but at the same time i wouldnt want to have to spend more than 15m for any point guard in the nba. theres a cap and id rather dispurse more money on other positions

MonroeFAN
06-21-2015, 10:13 PM

You think we would want to pay Whiteside a max? No, but if he has a good year this season as expected then we will have to pay to keep him. He will be an unrestricted free agent and we won't even have his bird rights. Just google it, plenty of articles are stating that he'll likely get max offers next offseason if he has a good year. We aren't coming up with that out of nowhere.

And the Cavs can't sign Wade, they have no money. It would mean no Thompson and no Love for starters lol. Besides he's highly unlikely to leave for anywhere regardless of posturing during negotiations. Also the Dragon and Whiteside would also have Bosh alongside as well if he were to leave, plus Miami would have some cap space next year. Nice objective post though, maybe try worrying about your own team who have a much better knack for 20 win seasons.

Sorry to busy spoiling the playoffs for your maxed out roster.

SportsFanatic10
06-21-2015, 10:53 PM

LOL...Ya we missed the playoffs by 1 win, but we had 6 more games left after the loss to Detroit. The Raptors actually played spoiler there. But if that's the best accomplishment your sorry team has lately then go ahead and take credit for it. You must be so proud! Either way it worked out better for the Heat since they get to keep their pick now.

BKLYNpigeon
06-21-2015, 11:10 PM
haha, slap in the face for Wade. he can't even get hall of that offer from the Heat.

hotdalton18
06-21-2015, 11:16 PM
Dragic does not play athletic so his skill won't go so fast with age

beasted86
06-21-2015, 11:32 PM
LOL...Ya we missed the playoffs by 1 win, but we had 6 more games left after the loss to Detroit. The Raptors actually played spoiler there. But if that's the best accomplishment your sorry team has lately then go ahead and take credit for it. You must be so proud! Either way it worked out better for the Heat since they get to keep their pick now.

^I don't understand this recent trend of fans bragging about teams that lose.

If your team beat another team on their way to a championship, yeah... maybe you have something to brag about THEN!

MonroeFAN
06-23-2015, 07:53 AM

We were the hottest team in the league at one point last season before BJ went down, and we were better than you with RJ. Want to bet that we will be better than you next season? Let me know what you would like to wager.

My sorry team, lol. Sorry we don't have some manufacturered superstar that gets to cry every time he doesn't get his way.

MonroeFAN
06-23-2015, 07:55 AM
You are Bragging about a team that is a loser, lol. Why is it ok for you to do? Wade had his healthiest season in years, and you guys sucked.

I would much rather have the Pistons roster and coach moving forward. Have fun with your maxed out Hassan Whiteside.

Dade County
06-23-2015, 10:04 AM
You are Bragging about a team that is a loser, lol. Why is it ok for you to do? Wade had his healthiest season in years, and you guys sucked.

I would much rather have the Pistons roster and coach moving forward. Have fun with your maxed out Hassan Whiteside.

Pat will have a full offseason to shape the roster for this upcoming season...

Are you trying to say that Miami wont be in a better position going forward then this past season? (because that would be crazy)

Also do you really think that Miami wont be in a better position to fight for a top playoff spot (even though Pat doesn't care about that, he only cares about titles), the your Pistons?

The combination of Dragic, Bosh & Whiteside alone will be a little too much for mid to lower eastern conference teams; and when you add in Wade from time to time healthy, and the shooters Pat will bring in (1 to 2); and hopefully Deng can come off the bench like Iggy.

But whatever, just stay focus on your team, and let Pat Riley do his thing. Miami is heading in the right direction; just worry about your team going forward.

MonroeFAN
06-23-2015, 10:16 AM
Fair enough. I don't agree at all. At least you're not shoving CRAP down my throat.

But yeah, you guys serious under-rate Reggie Jackson & SVG. It's fine, we'll see what happens.

Stunner
06-25-2015, 11:25 AM
@basketballtalk: Report: Goran Dragic camp expects Heat to offer contract worth between $90 million and $100 million http://t.co/36UFLJ4Dgu

Dade County
06-25-2015, 03:34 PM
@basketballtalk: Report: Goran Dragic camp expects Heat to offer contract worth between $90 million and $100 million http://t.co/36UFLJ4Dgu

I say he signs for 5yrs, 92mil.

Miami trades 1st rd pick, Rio, Birdman & McRob for something nice.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Great move by the heat, then my Lakers will not give him that stupid contract.

This. I'm sorry but dragon is not worth 80 mil. Then again most players aren't worth what they get paid

Stunner
06-25-2015, 03:51 PM
Moore / Bairstow / 2016 2nd for Perry Jones