PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce to decide between Wizards and Clippers this week

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 12:00 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/wp/2015/06/19/the-wizards-potential-plan-if-paul-pierce-doesnt-return/

He has decided not to retire. He can either take 2 million more to stay with Wizards or take pay cut and start for Clippers in his hometown with Doc. He's showed he can still be a great role player the last couple years. I think as a 4th option vet he would be great for Clips.

TrueFan420
06-20-2015, 12:08 PM
Clips should look for a more long term answer there but yes he would be nice for a season

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Clips should look for a more long term answer there but yes he would be nice for a season

Well cap increases in 2 seasons. If Pierce can hold fort this year, should be able to get one. I wish dumb Doc would play Jordan Hamilton. He's been good the few times he's played.

BKLYNpigeon
06-20-2015, 12:21 PM
He's definitely going to the Clippers.

TheNumber37
06-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Pierce has made enough dough. 1 more season and a chip in LA would be Icing on Cake

IBleedPurple
06-20-2015, 12:25 PM
He's definitely going to the Clippers.Yep. Going back to Doc and the Pirus.

Scoots
06-20-2015, 12:35 PM
It won't get him another chip, but I'd guess the Clippers will be his choice.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 12:51 PM

Yes because the Clippers were so far this year with Matt Barnes.. another year of development from Blake and DJ+ shoring up wing a bit with Pierce/Stephenson and hopefully trading Crawford for something, Clippers will be right there in the end. At least if they are lucky enough to be as injury free as your Warriors team this year and especially if every team they play is missing starters or they avoid bad match ups all together like the Warriors. They went to game 7 of round two and we're up 3-1. With more depth, they won't be forced to play 40 mpg and burn out. Pierce will help.

GiantsSwaGG
06-20-2015, 12:55 PM
That's easy, the Wizards

ThePlayoffs
06-20-2015, 12:58 PM
Can't see pierce going anywhere other than the clips. Paul loves winning more than money.

YAALREADYKNO
06-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Yes because the Clippers were so far this year with Matt Barnes.. another year of development from Blake and DJ+ shoring up wing a bit with Pierce/Stephenson and hopefully trading Crawford for something, Clippers will be right there in the end. At least if they are lucky enough to be as injury free as your Warriors team this year and especially if every team they play is missing starters or they avoid bad match ups all together like the Warriors. They went to game 7 of round two and we're up 3-1. With more depth, they won't be forced to play 40 mpg and burn out. Pierce will help.

3-1 and choked. How do you know a team like Houston wont get better as well?

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 01:20 PM
3-1 and choked. How do you know a team like Houston wont get better as well?

I don't. How do you know they or others won't get worse? The bottom line is the Clippers have been in the mix the last 4 years, especially last year. So it's dumb to say "Not like he will win a title there anyway" as if the title is preordained. I have no clue who will win, nobody does. But they will be in the discussion most likely. He's an upgrade over Barnes even at his age.

Scoots
06-20-2015, 01:22 PM

So you think Pierce makes the Clippers favored to win the title next year? Because all I said was that it doesn't. I didn't say anything about the Warriors. Clippers fans have a big sense of injustice.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 01:34 PM
So you think Pierce makes the Clippers favored to win the title next year? Because all I said was that it doesn't. I didn't say anything about the Warriors. Clippers fans have a big sense of injustice.

Warriors fans have a big sense of dishonesty? Your post is right above, comon man. You didn't say Clippers won't be favored (I would have agreed). You said "It won't get him another chip" as if to suggest it's preordained that the Clippers can't win the title. I brought up the Warriors because it seemed like a cocky response and you're a Warriors fan. We all know champions get lucky breaks every year. If the Clippers stay healthy, Stephenson turns out well, Blake+DJ improve again is a title out of the question with Pierce?

YAALREADYKNO
06-20-2015, 01:42 PM
I don't. How do you know they or others won't get worse? The bottom line is the Clippers have been in the mix the last 4 years, especially last year. So it's dumb to say "Not like he will win a title there anyway" as if the title is preordained. I have no clue who will win, nobody does. But they will be in the discussion most likely. He's an upgrade over Barnes even at his age.

they've been the most underachieving team the last 4-5 yrs. Every yr I hear about how the clips have the talent to get over the hump and they always fail each and every year. Pierce is an upgrade offensively for the clips but that to me still doesn't put them over the warriors IMO. Being in the mix is at least getting to the west finals. They always choke away 2nd round series for some reason

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 01:48 PM
they've been the most underachieving team the last 4-5 yrs. Every yr I hear about how the clips have the talent to get over the hump and they always fail each and every year. Pierce is an upgrade offensively for the clips but that to me still doesn't put them over the warriors IMO. Being in the mix is at least getting to the west finals. They always choke away 2nd round series for some reason

Last year was the first time they choked or lost to a perceived inferior team. So that sheep mentality of "Clippers choke every year" is BS and will get you nowhere. In 2012 they lost to a superior Spurs team. In 2013 they lost to a much healthier Grizzlies team that is a match up problem and won 56 games too (4 seed vs 5 seed). Last year they lost to OKC with some very controversial reffing, Sterling fiasco and were EXPECTED to lose as the lower seed. Hell this year... Rockets won same amount of games, were higher seed, had HCA, no Paul first 3 games. If not for a 3-1 lead it wouldn't of even been bad.

IndyRealist
06-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Great to be optimistic, but I wouldn't count Stephenson as a plus just yet. From a Pacers fan.

BKLYNpigeon
06-20-2015, 01:50 PM
Can't see pierce going anywhere other than the clips. Paul loves winning more than money.

its always about the money. ALWAYS.

if Pierce didn't care he would have signed last year when Doc offered vet minimum.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 01:57 PM
Great to be optimistic, but I wouldn't count Stephenson as a plus just yet. From a Pacers fan.

I'm not counting on him to do anything big. He just needs to be more productive than the other scrubs on our bench. Do you want to bet something that he won't be as bad as guys like Hedo?

IndyRealist
06-20-2015, 02:04 PM
I'm not counting on him to do anything big. He just needs to be more productive than the other scrubs on our bench. Do you want to bet something that he won't be as bad as guys like Hedo?

He's either really, really good and fills the highlight reel and stat sheet, or he's really, really bad and kills your team morale. When he was getting praised for triple doubles I was the naysayer pointing out how he disregarded the offense and detracted from his teammates. All I can say is, good luck.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 02:06 PM
its always about the money. ALWAYS.

if Pierce didn't care he would have signed last year when Doc offered vet minimum.

Not too sure. As players are in their final years, money is almost always a lower priority. Just because he didn't accept 900k vs 5.5 million doesn't mean he values money more than winning/fit. Wizards are a contender in their conference, so that's why the winning gap wasn't worth sacrificing that much money. But for 3.5 vs 5.5, winning and role will almost always win out for a vet who's already made 100+ million IMO.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 02:09 PM
He's either really, really good and fills the highlight reel and stat sheet, or he's really, really bad and kills your team morale. When he was getting praised for triple doubles I was the naysayer pointing out how he disregarded the offense and detracted from his teammates. All I can say is, good luck.

No doubt he comes with risk. One key difference though is the Pacers had a mediocre offense and Lance was expected to do more. With Griffin at say 24 ppg, Paul at 18-20, Redick at 15-17... Clippers will use him more like Iggy. To crash glass, lead fastbreaks and defend. He said in his press conference he just wants to follow CP3's and BG's lead. I don't see him trying to do as much as with Indy given our offensive firepower. But Time Will Tell :)

IndyRealist
06-20-2015, 02:21 PM
No doubt he comes with risk. One key difference though is the Pacers had a mediocre offense and Lance was expected to do more. With Griffin at say 24 ppg, Paul at 18-20, Redick at 15-17... Clippers will use him more like Iggy. To crash glass, lead fastbreaks and defend. He said in his press conference he just wants to follow CP3's and BG's lead. I don't see him trying to do as much as with Indy given our offensive firepower. But Time Will Tell :)

The offense was mediocre BECAUSE of Lance, tbh. At one point we had a top 10 offense (7th I think) predicated on ball movement and hitting the open man. But to maximize Lance's abilities we put the ball in his hands all the time and let him freelance (no pun intended) and disregard the system. When Lance ran things the bigs never got touches until really late in the clock, which destroyed the spacing.

I really hope he learned his lesson in Charlotte, because he's extremely talented. He's just a nut case.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 02:23 PM
The offense was mediocre BECAUSE of Lance, tbh. At one point we had a top 10 offense (7th I think) predicated on ball movement and hitting the open man. But to maximize Lance's abilities we put the ball in his hands all the time and let him freelance (no pun intended) and disregard the system. When Lance ran things the bigs never got touches until really late in the clock, which destroyed the spacing.

I really hope he learned his lesson in Charlotte, because he's extremely talented. He's just a nut case.

Do you think skillset wise IF his head is screwed on right he can be a poor man's Iggy for us? Play 1-3 off bench, start in a pinch and do a little bit of everything?

Scoots
06-20-2015, 02:36 PM
Warriors fans have a big sense of dishonesty? Your post is right above, comon man. You didn't say Clippers won't be favored (I would have agreed). You said "It won't get him another chip" as if to suggest it's preordained that the Clippers can't win the title. I brought up the Warriors because it seemed like a cocky response and you're a Warriors fan. We all know champions get lucky breaks every year. If the Clippers stay healthy, Stephenson turns out well, Blake+DJ improve again is a title out of the question with Pierce?

So if I don't think they will win because the odds are WAY against it just by adding Pierce I have to spell all that out rather than say I don't think they'll win the title? Dude, calm down. I didn't mean any offense or arrogance.

Of course any team could win it all any year and Pierce will be a good addition to the Clippers no doubt. I don't think it's enough. Lance is a good addition on spec, it will be interesting to see how that works out. But it's not enough yet, that's all.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 02:41 PM
So if I don't think they will win because the odds are WAY against it just by adding Pierce I have to spell all that out rather than say I don't think they'll win the title? Dude, calm down. I didn't mean any offense or arrogance.

Of course any team could win it all any year and Pierce will be a good addition to the Clippers no doubt. I don't think it's enough. Lance is a good addition on spec, it will be interesting to see how that works out. But it's not enough yet, that's all.

Maybe I haven't been clear. "Don't have enough" is a narrative that can easily change and isn't reliable. Had they swept Houston like they easily could have with a few bounces or won after 3-1 lead when many were saying they looked more dominant than the Warriors (when Warriors were struggling vs Memphis) and advanced, who knows what would happen. I agree they lacked depth and they aren't done with the roster obviously, but so far so good. They aren't by any means far. Maybe 1-2 more role players from not having to play CP3/BG/DJ 40 mpg.

Also the odds aren't "way" against them really. Cavs are at 3-1, Warriors 4-1, Thunder and Clippers 7-1 last I saw. You're exaggerating the gap between the Clippers and the other top teams maybe.

Scoots
06-20-2015, 02:42 PM
Do you think skillset wise IF his head is screwed on right he can be a poor man's Iggy for us? Play 1-3 off bench, start in a pinch and do a little bit of everything?

Absolutely ... his D won't be as good, but his scoring is probably better. One thing I wonder about with the Clippers and Warriors offense being so similar (thanks Gentry), I can see Lance really killing the movement as he just won't see the advantage of running and cutting and passing and screening ... he's never played that way before. But like I said it will be interesting to watch.

Scoots
06-20-2015, 02:48 PM
Maybe I haven't been clear. "Don't have enough" is a narrative that can easily change and isn't reliable. Had they swept Houston like they easily could have with a few bounces or won after 3-1 lead when many were saying they looked more dominant than the Warriors and advanced, who knows what would happen. I agree they lacked depth and they aren't done with the roster obviously, but so far so good. They aren't by any means far. Maybe 1-2 more role players from not having to play CP3/BG/DJ 40 mpg.

Also the odds aren't "way" against anything. Cavs are at 3-1, Warriors 4-1, Thunder and Clippers 7-1 last I saw. You're exaggerating the gap between the Clippers and the other top teams.

Okay, but before the collapse they showed a lot of flaws against the Spurs and the Rockets were TERRIBLE to start that series ... not the same team that played to close out the Clippers and in the next round.

The West was REALLY tough this year which lead to a lot of players playing high minutes and breaking down late in the season ... It's going to be even worse next year as several teams that didn't make the playoffs are legitimate contenders to do so. I don't think the Warriors will win it all next year either even though they just won, are losing nothing, and should get better ... it's just crazy how rough the West is.

OKC should be a LOT better.
Utah will be tough to beat and they will punish teams.
Phoenix, Sacto, Denver are interesting teams capable of going .500.
Even Minnesota will be tough to beat on any given night.

PowerHouse
06-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Pierce/Stephenson is such a big upgrade over Barnes/Jones. Clippers would be so stacked.

mngopher35
06-20-2015, 02:56 PM
I really want CP3 to win (or at least make) the finals so I hope he chooses Clippers.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 02:57 PM
We agree there Scoots. Which is why I'd never try to guess the western conference champ right now. Lucky or unlucky break here and there and 5 or 6 teams could win the west arguably. It's insane.

Alan Shore
06-20-2015, 03:05 PM
I was starting to like that Wizards team because of him, but anything that pushes Clippers to not choke in post season is appreciated.

IndyRealist
06-20-2015, 03:06 PM

If he were 3 inches taller and not crazy, he'd be Lebron. He's really that good. I won't derail the thread any further, supposed to be about Pierce ;)

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 03:13 PM
If he were 3 inches taller and not crazy, he'd be Lebron. He's really that good. I won't derail the thread any further, supposed to be about Pierce ;)

Fair enough. Thanks for info. PM me more when you have time brother. Anyway back to Pierce I don't think he's enough to move the needle a lot, but he will be a nice clutch, calming presence. I don't see Pierce allowing 19-0 runs by other teams while hoisting brick after brick like Jamal or Barnes who disappear every single year in the playoffs. Is Pierce at least an OK defender at 37 years old? Or more liability?

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 03:23 PM
In the Playoffs.
Pierce averaged 14.6/4.2 - 48% FG/ 52% 3FG
Barnes averaged 7.6/5.1 - 38% FG/ 26% 3FG

Scoots
06-20-2015, 03:34 PM
We agree there Scoots. Which is why I'd never try to guess the western conference champ right now. Lucky or unlucky break here and there and 5 or 6 teams could win the west arguably. It's insane.

Cool. Odds are massively that neither of our favorite teams win ... I hope they meet in the WCF next year regardless :)

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Cool. Odds are massively that neither of our favorite teams win ... I hope they meet in the WCF next year regardless :)

Yup. Should of been this year man. But TBH by end of Rockets series our guys were so worn out that Warriors would of crushed them, so the result would be the same. No title. It just would of been nice to finally say we at least made WCF, win or lose :(.

papipapsmanny
06-20-2015, 04:19 PM
Need him to stay on the Wiz.

I think one more year with him and a even more improved Wall/Porter/Beal and they could be very good.

Really just need him for 25 min. a game, leadership, and clutchness

Cracka2HI!
06-20-2015, 05:32 PM
Lance Stephenson is very polarizing to say the least. Every Clipper thread turns into a Lance thread. I want Pierce on the Clippers but I'd rather have Wilson Chandler if I had to choose. Maybe they can get both.

Iron24th
06-20-2015, 06:29 PM
He'll choose the clipps

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 06:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13120622/paul-pierce-definitely-playing-next-seasonwashington-wizards-los-angeles-clippers

Pierce just opted out, which makes the Clippers heavy favorites if they weren't already. He turned down 5.5 million dollar Wizards option.

Bruno
06-20-2015, 07:53 PM
Paul/Rivers
Redick/Crawford
Pierce/Lance
Blake
DeAndre

thats an excellent eight man rotation, all they need is a 4/5 who can back up Blake and DeAndre at about 24 mpg. if they can get that guy on a discount like the Lakers got Ed Davis for $1M last season, it'd be ideal. if that can't happen maybe you trade Jamal for that guy and give Lance his minutes.

Scoots
06-20-2015, 09:25 PM
maybe you trade Jamal for that guy and give Lance his minutes.

That's pretty much what I was thinking ... but without Crawford the bench scoring is anemic.

Also you have 96 minutes and 2 and 3 of which you want to limit Paul to minutes in the 20s which means you are going to need 35+ from Lance and JJ.

Also also, I don't know that's I'd feel great with Austin getting 20-25 minutes a night.

j-bay
06-20-2015, 09:27 PM
Thanks for everything Paul. You taught Wall and Beal how to be better players. And as an added bonus, you improved OPJR's game when it looked like he was going nowhere. I loved you when you played for Boston, and the same can be said for DC. You put us in a better place for the future. Next season will be a huge test for us especially If we want KD. Let's put what we learned to good use.

KnicksorBust
06-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Paul/Rivers
Redick/Crawford
Pierce/Lance
Blake
DeAndre

thats an excellent eight man rotation, all they need is a 4/5 who can back up Blake and DeAndre at about 24 mpg. if they can get that guy on a discount like the Lakers got Ed Davis for $1M last season, it'd be ideal. if that can't happen maybe you trade Jamal for that guy and give Lance his minutes.

How you split the wing minutes? Can Lance play SF full time?

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 09:48 PM
Bruno it won't work. Crawford needs to go. Lance is 24, Rivers 22. Those guys should be developed because they defend and rebound. Rivers improved quite a bit last year and won us 2 or 3 games in the playoffs. If these two guys pound out the shooting all summer... the bench will be promising with them leading. But if you keep Crawford you have THREE super ball dominant guys who like playing PG basically. None are off ball players, so they won't mesh. I'd trade Crawford for a backup big or another SF.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 09:49 PM
Crawford will always win us 5-7 games during the season but he will disappear every single fu**ing time in the playoffs when it counts.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-20-2015, 10:04 PM
Clippers might be better overall, but with another year of growth from Beal and Wall to go along with Porter's potential, the Wizards may be the best team in the east outside of the Cavs.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Clippers might be better overall, but with another year of growth from Beal and Wall to go along with Porter's potential, the Wizards may be the best team in the east outside of the Cavs.

No doubt. They were my sleeper pick in the east. I know they had injury problems though and Wall went down.

Scoots
06-20-2015, 10:24 PM
I think teams are going to have to just let some losses happen and give they key guys a few nights off and severely limit their minutes in order to be more effective late in the year.

PGs work so hard every minute they are on the court limiting their PT is critical to the efficiency of their games in May and June.

j-bay
06-20-2015, 10:30 PM
No doubt. They were my sleeper pick in the east. I know they had injury problems though and Wall went down.

Oir problem was freaking Nene. We would have been in the ECF if it wasn't for him. Which is why I hope Bobby Portis drops to us. If we pick pick him and develop him correctly imagine a line up of

Wall
Beal
Durant
Portis
Gortat

Porter

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 11:44 PM
Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball 2h2 hours ago
Now CP3-Redick-Truth-Blake-DJ-Lance-Jamal/Whatever They Get For Jamal-Austin?

NOW WE ARE TALKING.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2015, 11:45 PM
Oir problem was freaking Nene. We would have been in the ECF if it wasn't for him. Which is why I hope Bobby Portis drops to us. If we pick pick him and develop him correctly imagine a line up of

Wall
Beal
Durant
Portis
Gortat

Porter

Yea Nene was uncharacteristically punked by Horford. Never seen him wilt so bad. Wall's hand situation surely didn't help.

Munkeysuit
06-21-2015, 12:00 AM
Pierce has a lot left in the tank! I am pretty sure he's going to the Clippers though, no East team is going to be beating Cleveland for at least 3-4 years.

LakersIn5
06-21-2015, 12:04 PM

Yeah because everyone expected and predicted the warriors to win the ship last offseason. anything can happen. Hell the blazers can win it all next year theyre just in the same position as the warriors were last year. And celtics can have the best record in the east too just like how to hawks became 8th to 1st in east. This season just proved that anything can happen that quickly and unpredictably.

with the lakers and okc out of the playoffs i was rooting for the clippers to make the finals against cleveland but the clippers choked so ****ing hard vs the rockets. Would have been a nice finals vs the cavs. And with paul pierce on board i think they make the wcf next season along with a HEALTHY okc team.

Vinylman
06-21-2015, 12:18 PM
Not too sure. As players are in their final years, money is almost always a lower priority. Just because he didn't accept 900k vs 5.5 million doesn't mean he values money more than winning/fit. Wizards are a contender in their conference, so that's why the winning gap wasn't worth sacrificing that much money. But for 3.5 vs 5.5, winning and role will almost always win out for a vet who's already made 100+ million IMO.

You guys really don't understand PP ... dude is playing because he knows he will be broke in 5 years after leaving the league...

I am gonna LMFAO when the PP is broke thread hits PSD...

Scoots
06-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Yeah because everyone expected and predicted the warriors to win the ship last offseason. anything can happen. Hell the blazers can win it all next year theyre just in the same position as the warriors were last year. And celtics can have the best record in the east too just like how to hawks became 8th to 1st in east. This season just proved that anything can happen that quickly and unpredictably.

with the lakers and okc out of the playoffs i was rooting for the clippers to make the finals against cleveland but the clippers choked so ****ing hard vs the rockets. Would have been a nice finals vs the cavs. And with paul pierce on board i think they make the wcf next season along with a HEALTHY okc team.

Again, I didn't say ANYTHING about the Warriors winning next year, just that the odds are the Clippers won't win it next year in the incredibly stacked and still improving west.

Scoots
06-21-2015, 12:29 PM
Pierce has a lot left in the tank! I am pretty sure he's going to the Clippers though, no East team is going to be beating Cleveland for at least 3-4 years.

You know Pierce played 26 minutes per game last year right? And that he'll need to play less than that this year since he's a year older? The Clippers need to save the minutes of all of their starters for the playoffs. I don't know that seeding in the west matters all that much so as long as you win enough to qualify for the playoffs you need to rest your guys.

I think the lack of depth hurt all year and the payoff on that was the physical collapse in the playoffs ... it all adds up and after playing moderately more minutes all year DJ and Blake just ran out of gas. Pierce can play PF in a small lineup, but like Washington did you want to wait for the Playoffs to use him that way because his body can't take that pounding all year.

CP3, JJ, Lance, Pierce, and Blake could be a devastating small lineup when it really matters.

Brandon Wright would be perfect for the Clippers to replace Big Baby ... he's going to want more than $5M is my guess though.

Clippersfan86
06-21-2015, 01:22 PM
Again, I didn't say ANYTHING about the Warriors winning next year, just that the odds are the Clippers won't win it next year in the incredibly stacked and still improving west.

You admitted the Warriors are in the same boat though, so it's kind of needless to say. Given what we agreed on it's obvious that 5-6 teams have a chance to win the west, so nobody has GOOD odds. It's pretty much a crapshoot between a few teams with a little luck, good health, matchups, moves made this summer.

Scoots
06-21-2015, 01:40 PM
You admitted the Warriors are in the same boat though, so it's kind of needless to say. Given what we agreed on it's obvious that 5-6 teams have a chance to win the west, so nobody has GOOD odds. It's pretty much a crapshoot between a few teams with a little luck, good health, matchups, moves made this summer.

Yeah, you and I have an understanding ... I was replying to another poster who took the same original post of mine and had what looked like the same problem you had with it :) Clearly he didn't read the whole thread.

BTW, your sig is mesmerizing. :)

Clippersfan86
06-21-2015, 01:53 PM
Yeah, you and I have an understanding ... I was replying to another poster who took the same original post of mine and had what looked like the same problem you had with it :) Clearly he didn't read the whole thread.

BTW, your sig is mesmerizing. :)

Oh okay. Lol yea it's random and I saw it online somewhere and thought it was funny.

Stunner
06-22-2015, 10:02 AM
@basketballtalk: Report: Paul Pierce opting out of contract with Wizards http://t.co/1eZjieM0Fr

Stunner
06-22-2015, 01:07 PM
@CBSSportsNBA: Report: Paul Pierce 'will wind up in L.A. with the Clippers'
http://t.co/PkMEct90gV http://t.co/1PsAo2h8z3

OlivaThor
06-22-2015, 01:41 PM

Not shocking. Hes from LA, Doc already here..

j-bay
06-22-2015, 11:09 PM

Read the article. Title is misleading.
Also Pierce could still return. There is a salary exception. In fact we could pay him more than what he was going to make on his last option. It's not like Pierce doesn't like DC.

j-bay
06-30-2015, 03:28 PM
@ESPNSteinLine
Washington Wizards, I'm told, are quietly but increasingly optimistic about their chances of hanging onto Paul "I Called Game" Pierce

Very possible Jordan doesn't come back.

j-bay
07-01-2015, 02:49 PM
@SpearsNBAYahoo
Wizards offered Paul Pierce 2-year deal paying $6.6M next season w/team option for 2nd season, source said. Helps in KDurant chase next year

Your move LAC

Scoots
07-02-2015, 02:02 AM
Clips made that move ... 3 years $10+

Munkeysuit
07-02-2015, 02:34 AM
Good luck double P! hopefully DJ stays and you get another crack at a chip!

Scoots
07-02-2015, 02:38 PM
If DJ leaves who can they get to replace him?

goingfor28
07-02-2015, 03:41 PM
If DJ leaves who can they get to replace him?
Big Baby. They'll only have the minimum available.

Scoots
07-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Kanter, Koufos ... and as bad as that is it gets even worse behind that ... Larry Sanders? Bismack Biyombo? JaVale McGee?

Clippersfan86
07-02-2015, 09:45 PM
Griffin will play center worst case. Statistically he doesn't suffer when he plays there and very few centers give him problems in post. He's guarded Cousins and Dwight successfully for quarters at a time. Can run Warriors style small ball absolute worst case.

tredigs
07-02-2015, 10:09 PM
Griffin will play center worst case. Statistically he doesn't suffer when he plays there and very few centers give him problems in post. He's guarded Cousins and Dwight successfully for quarters at a time. Can run Warriors style small ball absolute worst case.
The beating/stress he'd take from a year of that would absolutely thrash him. Draymond can pull it off for a few games, but he's a far better defender and obviously doesn't have near the offensive load relied on him. That would never work for GSW all year, and definitely not for LAC. They need a C.