PDA

View Full Version : Kristaps Porzingis

spreadeagle
06-20-2015, 01:23 AM
What an intriguing prospect, when I first heard about a euro skyrocketing up draft boards I rolled my eyes but after watching a bunch of vids on him kid looks like the real deal, what a shooting stroke for 7'1 and looks athletic too, where do you think he goes in draft?

NBA draft workout video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjzdm1pSqjk

Every day, front-office fascinations rise with Porzingis. Every day, he’s moving himself closer into contention to become one of the top three picks in the NBA draft on June 25. Los Angeles Lakers officials conducted a workout of Porzingis on Monday night at the franchise’s El Segundo, Calif., practice facility, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Suddenly, Porzingis is pursuing the Lakers’ pick at No. 2, along with spectacular Ohio State guard D’Angelo Russell and Duke’s Jahlil Okafor. Suddenly, Porzingis is changing this NBA draft.

Kevin Garnett: “I love his face-up game. He’s got that mid-range shot. I’ve seen a lot of tape where he plays against guys like Shaq [O’Neal], a guy he can’t bang inside with. So faces up, does his little step-back move … Amazing.”

LaMarcus Aldridge: “That step-back he has, how he uses his body to get a little contact – he’s a master. He steps back to get the distance, to get his shot off.”

Anthony Davis: “When he gets the ball, he’s already making his move. He’s so aggressive going to the basket, getting fouled. And he’s extending his range.”

-- http://sports.yahoo.com/news/meet-the-euro-prodigy-who-seems-unlike-the-flops-who-came-before-him-193427860.html

bucketss
06-20-2015, 01:34 AM
next andrea bargnani? hopefully hes closer to dirk.

PraiseJesus
06-20-2015, 01:35 AM
Not my type of player. 7 footers should be blocking shots and protecting the rim

Minimal
06-20-2015, 01:40 AM
Not my type of player. 7 footers should be blocking shots and protecting the rim
Or you can be like Dirk

SportsFanatic10
06-20-2015, 01:42 AM
I think the Knicks take him at 4

SportsFanatic10
06-20-2015, 01:43 AM
This guy is way more athletic then Bargs or Dirk.

Cal827
06-20-2015, 01:44 AM
Or you can be like Dirk

For every Dirk, there's about 40-50 Bargnani's

:laugh: Just Kidding, Bargnani is his own kind of bad.

5ass
06-20-2015, 01:44 AM

Apparently he can do that.

ewing
06-20-2015, 01:54 AM
well he looks good without defenders on a yutube

Sadds The Gr8
06-20-2015, 02:08 AM
I wouldn't take him in the top 4. Orlando at 5 would be interesting tho.

ewing
06-20-2015, 02:13 AM
it will be interesting regardless of where he goes. no one has watched him play basketball

allSUAVE
06-20-2015, 02:14 AM
He fits todays NBA ,you probably would never find a 7 ft who dominates the paint and block shots any more ..Centers are Guards now..hopfully philly takes him up

5ass
06-20-2015, 02:44 AM
I wouldn't take him in the top 4. Orlando at 5 would be interesting tho.

Orlando needs shooting and rim protection. If porzingis is as good as advertised, he'll be a great shooter, good shot blocker, mobile enough to switch on small forwards on defense, and a decent rebounder. Basically, he's a perfect fit for the Magic. I'm not sure if he's even available at 5. He's not even my first draft choice, but it will be very interesting.

sixer04fan
06-20-2015, 02:53 AM
I really like his upside. Arguably best upside in the draft, seriously. The more I watch the more I like. I think he could be a more athletic Dirk. He's got that ability.

He's got serious question marks too. Body/strength, rebounding, post defense (although he's got serious shot blocking ability). He's gonna be a big risk whoever takes him, but there are risks with everyone in this draft, with the exception of Towns depending on who you listen to. He's probably the biggest risk though of the tom tiers.

After Town, Okafor, Russell, Mudiay... I'd probably take a shot on him over anyone else in the draft. If I were sitting at 5, that's the guy. With Hezonja/Winslow close behind

Rivera
06-20-2015, 08:43 AM
Magic at 5

GiantsSwaGG
06-20-2015, 08:52 AM
http://youtu.be/Fjzdm1pSqjk

Dude shot is ****ing wet, I'm torn between him and Mudiay at 4. Tough decision

xxplayerxx23
06-20-2015, 08:52 AM

Bargs is fantastic. #mvp

xxplayerxx23
06-20-2015, 08:55 AM
http://youtu.be/Fjzdm1pSqjk

Dude shot is ****ing wet, I'm torn between him and Mudiay at 4. Tough decision

I think he goes at #3

GiantsSwaGG
06-20-2015, 09:00 AM
I think he goes at #3

I still think the Sixers take Russell, another player that's growing on me is Devin Booker, looks like Klay Thompson 2.0

xxplayerxx23
06-20-2015, 09:12 AM
I still think the Sixers take Russell, another player that's growing on me is Devin Booker, looks like Klay Thompson 2.0

Yeah soon we will see, yeah I like booker too if we were to trade down I would be interested in him at like 8-13 range

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-20-2015, 09:49 AM
Ill be excited to get him at 5 ... but ill also be excited to get Mario or wcs so its tough

I just don't see the sixers taking him over russell and the Knicks will take a more flashy name like mudiay or winslow or WCS or russel if by chance he fell to 4

Minimal
06-20-2015, 10:06 AM
But seriously how many future Dirks we had in the drafts lately? It seems like in every draft we have a "future Dirk" and where are they now? All fail.

DemarDerozan
06-20-2015, 10:24 AM

For every KG there are 40-50 Kwame's. So what's your point?
Should NBA teams just stop drafting bigs in the top 5?

FOXHOUND
06-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Of all of the "future Dirk's" in recent years, I feel like he is the only one who actually looks like he can be a future Dirk. I feel like the comparison is often just lazy for Euro bigs who can shoot, ignoring just how amazing a shooter Dirk is. This guy, he's an amazing shooter and moves around with the catch and shoot ability that you can really only find in one big... Dirk.

Having said that, he's definitely a project. Year 1 will definitely be a rough transition year for him, and maybe year 2 as well. The big advantage he has over Dirk coming in is the current state of the NBA. It's much more mobile and skill based than it was when Dirk came in, and depending on the situation he ends up in that may allow him to utilize his skill set more quickly.

IndyRealist
06-20-2015, 11:15 AM
He loads up to shoot jumpers, that hitch is going to let defenders recover to him. Hopefully being 7'1" he can just shoot over them, but you never know. He also telegraphs that side-step fadeaway pretty hard. If he puts the ball on the floor you can predict whether he's going to fade to his left or his right.

Knick_Fever
06-20-2015, 12:16 PM
He handles the ball pretty decently at his size, and actually has a crossover. Moves well laterally and is explosive. His shot is the most smooth and accurate of all current and previous prospects before him. Gaining weight and how fast will be the biggest concern.

BKLYNpigeon
06-20-2015, 12:17 PM
he's going top 5

BallIsAll
06-20-2015, 04:44 PM
All the knicks fans wishing he goes 3rd to the sixers so they could have one of okafor towns or russell lol

BallIsAll
06-20-2015, 04:45 PM
He handles the ball pretty decently at his size, and actually has a crossover. Moves well laterally and is explosive. His shot is the most smooth and accurate of all current and previous prospects before him. Gaining weight and how fast will be the biggest concern.

he handles it well with the right but so does every righty i saw no dribbling with the left thats kinda scary..

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-20-2015, 06:57 PM
I deff think zinger and Mario will not be like other hyped euro guys

They both seem legit

beasted86
06-20-2015, 07:14 PM

More like Jan Vesley's and Yi Jianlian's.

I wouldn't risk a top 3 pick on that mold of player.

Bruno
06-20-2015, 07:48 PM
Orlando needs shooting and rim protection. If porzingis is as good as advertised, he'll be a great shooter, good shot blocker, mobile enough to switch on small forwards on defense, and a decent rebounder. Basically, he's a perfect fit for the Magic. I'm not sure if he's even available at 5. He's not even my first draft choice, but it will be very interesting.

Orlando should probably try to walk away with Winslow or Porzingis with #5. who would you pick?

5ass
06-20-2015, 07:51 PM
More like Jan Vesley's and Yi Jianlian's.

I wouldn't risk a top 3 pick on that mold of player.

I'm thinking he'll be Bargnani-like on offense, but a much better finisher in the paint. On defense I think he'll be somewhat like Vesley but more consistent, which is not bad at all.

Yi actually could've been something in the NBA. He just had a cancerous attitude and didn't know how to adjust and improve in the NBA. Even Yao didn't like the guy. Porzingis moves and shoots better than him anyway.

5ass
06-20-2015, 07:56 PM
Orlando should probably try to walk away with Winslow or Porzingis with #5. who would you pick?

I don't know man lol, maybe porzingis, but I've been higher on Winslow than most magic fans it seems. I would love either. Check out the magic forum, we have a poll and basically no one can make up their minds on one guy. Lol

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-20-2015, 08:11 PM
I really don't care for winslow he just doesn't excite me.

mike_noodles
06-20-2015, 09:03 PM
next andrea bargnani? hopefully hes closer to dirk.

Haha, glad we're nowhere near the top of the draft.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2015, 09:27 PM
Id rather have him over Oka/Mudlay.

Towns would be my number 1
Rus my number 2
Winslow my number 3
Por my number 4
Oka my number 5
Mudlay my number 6

What I think Happens and its 2 of my worst fears...

Wolves pick towns/Lakers pick Russell and we pick OKA.... The worst thing would be wolves grab towns/Lakers grab OKA and we pass on rus and pick mudlay: ( Those are my 2 most feared things.

I like OKA over Mudlay and that isnt saying much

KnicksorBust
06-20-2015, 09:40 PM
All the knicks fans wishing he goes 3rd to the sixers so they could have one of okafor towns or russell lol

Yup.

GiantsSwaGG
06-20-2015, 10:04 PM
Id rather have him over Oka/Mudlay.

Towns would be my number 1
Rus my number 2
Winslow my number 3
Por my number 4
Oka my number 5
Mudlay my number 6

What I think Happens and its 2 of my worst fears...

Wolves pick towns/Lakers pick Russell and we pick OKA.... The worst thing would be wolves grab towns/Lakers grab OKA and we pass on rus and pick mudlay: ( Those are my 2 most feared things.

I like OKA over Mudlay and that isnt saying much

I would pick Mudiay over Okafor, I thought I was the only one that hated Okafor

GiantsSwaGG
06-20-2015, 10:10 PM
Now they're reports Russell doesn't want to play for the Sixers, maybe that's why Prozingis is projected at 3. Still think the Sixers draft Russell if the Lakers don't draft him

More-Than-Most
06-20-2015, 10:15 PM
I would pick Mudiay over Okafor, I thought I was the only one that hated Okafor

I dont see it with OKA like others do... He is offensively legit but who knows how that will play out when he comes to the NBA against bigger talent.... His defense is beyond lackluster and even when he actually tries he looks beyond lost... He doesnt even know how to use his size to defend either.

Jarvo
06-21-2015, 12:28 AM
I think The Magic would be sick to their stomach picking him over Winslow.

IBleedPurple
06-21-2015, 12:34 AM
He should go 4-7. Love what I've heard from scouts online, can't trust youtube because I could get hyped about most first rounders that way.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-21-2015, 12:38 AM
I'd rather have Mario and porzingis Then winslow

Sadds The Gr8
06-21-2015, 01:39 AM
I dont see it with OKA like others do... He is offensively legit but who knows how that will play out when he comes to the NBA against bigger talent.... His defense is beyond lackluster and even when he actually tries he looks beyond lost... He doesnt even know how to use his size to defend either.

At least you know what you get with Oka. Porzingis is a complete question mark

More-Than-Most
06-21-2015, 03:14 AM
At least you know what you get with Oka. Porzingis is a complete question mark

oh agreed but I think he actually has more upside to be honest but could much easily bust

Also his work ethic would make Kobe proud where OKA seems like he will rely on talent and size over actually going hard all the time

ThePlayoffs
06-21-2015, 03:34 AM
What position does he play... center?

If this kid is a center that would be unbelievable, a 7"1' center who can shoot the three? Sounds good to me.

TheNumber37
06-21-2015, 04:48 AM

In the game of Basketball there are no shoulds.

Dirk is 7 foot, where is everyone griping about the former NBA MVP, Finals MVP top 25 player of all time's lack of shot blocking capability.

Toronto Homer
06-21-2015, 09:30 AM
That's the scary thing about drafting a guy like Porzingis based on potential. He could turn out to be like Dirk, but he could turn out to be like Bargnani. Odds are he will probably end up somewhere in between, but do you take the risk drafting him if you are in the top 4 or 5? It is a really interesting draft. Should be fun to watch.

xxplayerxx23
06-21-2015, 09:53 AM
oh agreed but I think he actually has more upside to be honest but could much easily bust

Also his work ethic would make Kobe proud where OKA seems like he will rely on talent and size over actually going hard all the time

Lol what makes you say oakfor isn't a hard worker

kingkenny01
06-21-2015, 09:53 AM
I only buy American bro

Gander13SM
06-21-2015, 11:25 AM
Toronto and San Antonio will be wetting themselves over this guy.

I'm completely on the fence about him.

Sadds The Gr8
06-21-2015, 11:42 AM

Maybe but I wouldn't care about Kobe's opinion too much since he's gonna retire next year. I'd take the sure thing. I'd be shocked if oka doesn't average at least 18 & 10 in his prime.

Lol what makes you say oakfor isn't a hard worker
Coach K said he needs to improve his work ethic. A lot of other anonymous ppl from duke staff say the same thing