PDA

View Full Version : Would LeBron win this year had he stayed at Miami?

Alan Shore
06-19-2015, 10:33 PM
I think he probably would.

I'm not sure if Dragic or Whiteside would have arrived in that case or if Bosh would go down to this mysterious illness, but I think the experience and better offense that he'd have in Miami would help him against the Warriors. He'd win the East easily no matter where he played.

Now he may realize why Riley was so pissed off. Heat would give him a better chance of winning rings even after last years finals loss. He hates losing in the finals, that's why the first thing he did last year after losing was finding a way to be on a better team immediately, but injuries ruined his plans.

I think he missed out on an easy ring, because next year he'll have to face either GSW, OKC or Spurs who will be better than his Cavs or a team that has successfully gone past those 3 which automatically makes it a better team than even a full healthy Cavs. This year's GSW was beatable for an experienced side.

Phantom Dreamer
06-19-2015, 10:38 PM
If Lebron stayed in Miami, Bosh wouldn't have blood clots in his lungs? There probably should be a moratorium on LeBron threads. This is getting ridiculous.

bucketss
06-19-2015, 10:39 PM
fully healthy cavs would demolish gsw.

tredigs
06-19-2015, 11:10 PM

Certainly a comforting storyline for Lebron apologists. Though completely unfounded and very likely untrue, it's nice for the theoretical story.

In that same vein I'd argue the Cavs don't make it out of the 2nd round if they played in the West and had to work through the grind of that many more tougher games all season. Very possibly ousted in the 1st round if they went up against the Clips, Spurs or Warriors.

@The OP, no, I highly doubt it.

Sadds The Gr8
06-19-2015, 11:18 PM
nope

Bruno
06-19-2015, 11:27 PM
no because of Bosh.

but if bosh was healthy adding Whiteside to what the heat were last year would have been very interesting.

Dade County
06-20-2015, 12:08 AM
If Lebron stayed in Miami, Bosh wouldn't have blood clots in his lungs? There probably should be a moratorium on LeBron threads. This is getting ridiculous.

There's nothing wrong with Bosh. Miami gets the dragon and Bosh has blood clots...smh anyway

I don't know if Whiteside oe Dragic is wearing a HEAT uniform if Lbj is here; but I do know that soft *** gasol might be in Miami, and whoever else that we would have gotten discounted.

So of course I say yes. But Cav's would have a title right now if it wasn't for the basketball gods; but Leborn couldn't have known that Pat Riley is owed favors by those same gods.

#Dawn

Supreme LA
06-20-2015, 12:15 AM
Fully healthy Cavs team or a Miami team with a Lebron and a healthy Bosh would beat GSW. The Dubs are so overrated it's not even funny.

bgdreton
06-20-2015, 12:21 AM
67 wins in the West. Best in almost every offensive category best in every Defensive category. 8th highest winning margin in NBA history but Warriors overrated. Comedy! Haters going to hate.

kobe4thewinbang
06-20-2015, 12:22 AM
Well, there are some variables. Would Bosh have resigned with ballhog LeBron still in town, or does he sign with Rockets instead? Do Wade and Bosh injuries apply to this scenario? How about the Dragic trade?

Regardless, I think they would've at least made the playoffs, dunno what seed since bottom of east is pretty unpredictable and a bunch of .500 teams or worse, maybe even get to #4/#5 since Cleveland would perhaps be battling for #8 or maybe #6 with Love & Irving. Without knowing what variables apply, I say definitely second round appearance since LeBron is so powerful.

ThePlayoffs
06-20-2015, 12:33 AM
Fully healthy Cavs team or a Miami team with a Lebron and a healthy Bosh would beat GSW. The Dubs are so overrated it's not even funny.

I disagree 100% the Warriors are not over rated at all. They won a championship and have the league MVP on their team.

Also stats point out that the warriors were not just a major offensive superpower but also hosted the #1 ranked defense in the NBA.

67 wins is in the talk of best single season teams of all time as well.

Why do people even hint that they are over rated?

TylerSL
06-20-2015, 01:43 AM
We'll never truly know, but I say absolutely yes. While I find it extremely doubtful we would have ever traded for Dragic and Bosh would have still likely gotten blood clots, I truly believe we would have signed Pau Gasol to the MLE last summer like we tried if Lebron had committed back to the franchise. Josh McRoberts ended up getting the MLE after Gasol chose the Bulls.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2239547-pau-gasol-trevor-ariza-reflect-on-heats-failed-pursuit-amid-lebron-uncertainty

Basically Gasol didn't choose the Heat because they couldn't offer certainty about Lebron. Wade was also healthier this year than he had been for several years. I also find it likely the team would have still signed Hassan Whiteside because we would have still had need for big bodies. Aside from that we would have probably had the team we had last season so had Lebron stayed in Miami the 2014-2015 Miami Heat probably would have looked a lot like

PG. Chalmers/Cole/Napier
SG. Wade/Walker?/Ennis
SF. Lebron/Beasley/Jones
PF. Gasol/Haslem/fill
C. Bosh/Whiteside/Birdman

That's not a complete roster because Ray Allen would have likely retired still and Miami would have looked to sign or trade for 3 point shooters on the perimeter. Once Bosh went down with the blood clots the lineup would have likely been

PG. Chalmers/Cole/Napier
SG.Wade/Walker?/Ennis
SF. Lebron/Beasley/Jones
PF. Gasol/Haslem/fill
C. Whiteside/Birdman

While that's probably the weakest perimeter depth Miami would have had in the 5 years of Lebron/Wade/Bosh, that's also easily the best front court they've put up. I believe this team would win a Finals series against Golden State. Miami wouldn't get killed by not going small because Gasol can stretch the floor himself and Whiteside is much quicker and more athletic than Mozgov. Seeing as how Lebron took Golden State to 6 games with average to below average role players, I'd say Lebron could beat Golden State with Wade/Gasol/Whiteside/Chalmers/Birdman/one or two other 3 point shooters. I would predict the Heat would win the series 4-2.

Not only would his legacy be even greater, but the Big 3 Miami Heat would easily be seen as one of the greatest teams ever. It would have made an unprecedented 5th consecutive NBA Finals and won their 3rd title in 4 years. When he went back to Cleveland it was debated if Lebron left rings on the table because of what he was walking away from. I believe he WILL win a championship with the Cleveland Cavaliers (I would almost bet money the Cavaliers win next year), but I really believe he left at least one ring on the table by leaving Miami. In the end though, if he was ever going to end the Cleveland Championship drought he had to go back in his prime like he did.

Note-And IF they would have made the Dragic trade, the league would completely screwed. Dragic/Wade/Lebron/Bosh/Whiteside with Gasol as the 6th man. :drool:

nastynice
06-20-2015, 06:20 AM
This year's GSW was beatable for an experienced side.

lol, yup!! That's what's so funny, we mostly played like **** n we still ran thru the ****in league, muhaha!!! Umm, can't wait to see dubs actually play their a game THROUGHOUT the playoffs, if that happens could afford to lose two starters even and still compete with anyone!

NWO *****es!!!! The new order has arrived! And it ain't leavin til these clowns recognize!! lol

nastynice
06-20-2015, 06:21 AM

lol, just how we played like garbage and got demolished in game 1? If that's what u called demolished, I hope we get demolished every round next year!! (Unless ur suggesting cavs are better off with love than TT, or varajo than mozgov...?)

That's the best part man, we didn't even ****in play good!! haha

The only time this squad was legit locked in we slapped the **** out these grizz n cavs 3 games in a row. I'd say what, 90% in control during those 6 games?? Something like that? If people are this bitter about it this year, can't even imagine how they gonna feel moving forward, lol

ManningToTyree
06-20-2015, 06:37 AM
Nah it was the Warriors year

GoferKing_
06-20-2015, 07:00 AM

Good one. hahaha. With Irving and Love Cavs would get more points but would loose a lot more of them on defence. Delly + TT def > Irving + Love def.

Big Zo
06-20-2015, 09:05 AM
If healthy, yes. Heat would have won last year if they faced anyone other than San Antonio.

WaDe03
06-20-2015, 09:50 AM
If Golden State played the first 3 games like they did against the Cavs they would've been down 3-0 and probably lost in 4 in Miami after giving up hope.

FOXHOUND
06-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Uhh... no. Was Miami better than last year or something? Not sure what I'm missing here, but the Cavs roster after LeBron is better than Miami's roster. They have the talent to be an elite defensive and rebounding team without 2 of their 3 best players, where as Miami is complete garbage at both no matter how healthy they are.

Also, nobody would know who Hassan Whiteside was, because Miami would still be playing LeBron ball with Bosh at center and he would have never gotten the touches or role opportunity to play as he did. Miami couldn't even make the playoffs in the garbage east and were struggling to stay in the picture even before Bosh's injury. They're not good.

Big Zo
06-20-2015, 11:19 AM
Uhh... no. Was Miami better than last year or something? Not sure what I'm missing here, but the Cavs roster after LeBron is better than Miami's roster. They have the talent to be an elite defensive and rebounding team without 2 of their 3 best players, where as Miami is complete garbage at both no matter how healthy they are.

Also, nobody would know who Hassan Whiteside was, because Miami would still be playing LeBron ball with Bosh at center and he would have never gotten the touches or role opportunity to play as he did. Miami couldn't even make the playoffs in the garbage east and were struggling to stay in the picture even before Bosh's injury. They're not good.

No one on Cleveland had made the playoffs before LeBron came back...

blahblahyoutoo
06-20-2015, 12:10 PM

no, leFlop knew bosh had clots in his lungs which is why he left.

FOXHOUND
06-20-2015, 12:31 PM
No one on Cleveland had made the playoffs before LeBron came back...

That's true, but they didn't have Mozgov, Shumpert, JR Smith, Dellavedova and Kevin Love or even vets like Mike Millers and James Jones either. They're not remotely the same Cavs team they have been the past couple of seasons beyond just LeBron James. This Miami core has made the Finals the past four seasons and won two championships, didn't help them making the playoffs this year.

nastynice
06-20-2015, 12:46 PM
If Golden State played the first 3 games like they did against the Cavs they would've been down 3-0 and probably lost in 4 in Miami after giving up hope.

True. We all know how dangerous d wade is on those crutches...

Miami would prob roll thru gsw as is, so throw lebron on there and it's a no brainer. It's too bad they weren't able to get past the first round in the east.

lol, wait, read that out loud, it's kinda funny. "It's too bad they weren't able to get past the first round in the east"!! lol

Big Zo
06-20-2015, 01:54 PM
That's true, but they didn't have Mozgov, Shumpert, JR Smith, Dellavedova and Kevin Love or even vets like Mike Millers and James Jones either. They're not remotely the same Cavs team they have been the past couple of seasons beyond just LeBron James. This Miami core has made the Finals the past four seasons and won two championships, didn't help them making the playoffs this year.

Still, most had never been to the playoffs before going to Cleveland. Miami's core had been there without LeBron, and were overall better.

c.c.
06-20-2015, 02:07 PM
He would of won if he would came to the Rockets for sure!

PowerHouse
06-20-2015, 02:57 PM
All these Lebron threads are old and tired. :oldguy:

nastynice
06-20-2015, 03:14 PM
He would of won if he would came to the Rockets for sure!

who would get the ball tho?

One run first unit, one run second, lol, that'd be sick!!

WaDe03
06-20-2015, 08:10 PM
True. We all know how dangerous d wade is on those crutches...

Miami would prob roll thru gsw as is, so throw lebron on there and it's a no brainer. It's too bad they weren't able to get past the first round in the east.

lol, wait, read that out loud, it's kinda funny. "It's too bad they weren't able to get past the first round in the east"!! lol

Wade is better than Klay and would've definitely outplayed him. Klay was very disappointing in the finals. We all saw what LeBron did by himself so give him Wade Dragic and Whiteside and he would've won. Not including Bosh since he had those blood clots.

I don't really see how you could argue that the Warriors wouldn't have been down 0-3. They were down 1-2 against just LeBron lol. Don't get me wrong I'm very happy yall won and kept LeBron from getting a ring but had LeBron had Wade and the rest of the Heat with him they would've tore the Warriors apart playing the way they did the 1st 3 games.

c.c.
06-20-2015, 10:34 PM
who would get the ball tho?

One run first unit, one run second, lol, that'd be sick!!

When we made a push for him last off season I was just thrilled just because he showed a little interest and listen to the Rockets offer but I knew he wasn't coming.

nastynice
06-20-2015, 11:02 PM
Wade is better than Klay and would've definitely outplayed him. Klay was very disappointing in the finals. We all saw what LeBron did by himself so give him Wade Dragic and Whiteside and he would've won. Not including Bosh since he had those blood clots.

I don't really see how you could argue that the Warriors wouldn't have been down 0-3. They were down 1-2 against just LeBron lol. Don't get me wrong I'm very happy yall won and kept LeBron from getting a ring but had LeBron had Wade and the rest of the Heat with him they would've tore the Warriors apart playing the way they did the 1st 3 games.

Aside from the fact that ur just trying to make everything good stick and discard anything bad (would dragic be on heat had lebron stayed?, would whitesides have shown himself to be the same player or even be on heat?), the main thing ur forgetting here is that it's very unlikely the Warriors play the way they did had they lost game 1. Twice we lost a series lead, and twice we answered in convincing fashion. If heat take game 1, we'd a reeled off 4 straight, woulda ended in 5 games.

Hey, that IS fun!!

lol, it's all good Tho, ur confident in ur team, good, so am I, that's sports huh

Munkeysuit
06-20-2015, 11:55 PM
He wouldn't have won a title this year with Miami if they played the Golden State Warriors.
I think Cavaliers have a better chance next year as they will be a little bit tougher and hungrier and will have Verajao, Irving and possibly Love back and healthy.
No disrespect to the champs but I just don't see the Warriors repeating if the Cavs are fully healthy.

GoferKing_
06-21-2015, 05:41 AM
How are you so sure they will be healthy?

nastynice
06-21-2015, 06:18 AM
They're dangerous for sure when fully healthy. Some of the earlier injuries which lead to pick ups which will make them better moving forward

WaDe03
06-21-2015, 05:36 PM
Aside from the fact that ur just trying to make everything good stick and discard anything bad (would dragic be on heat had lebron stayed?, would whitesides have shown himself to be the same player or even be on heat?), the main thing ur forgetting here is that it's very unlikely the Warriors play the way they did had they lost game 1. Twice we lost a series lead, and twice we answered in convincing fashion. If heat take game 1, we'd a reeled off 4 straight, woulda ended in 5 games.

Hey, that IS fun!!

lol, it's all good Tho, ur confident in ur team, good, so am I, that's sports huh

Exactly lol. There's no way to really prove any of it so its just two fans going back and forth pulling for their team.