PDA

View Full Version : Build a team around Lebron that could beat this Warriors team in the finals!

lol, please
06-19-2015, 05:32 PM
Realistic teams please. Current team rosters, you can either propose realistic trade options by the Cavaliers, suggest a new home (i.e. the Bulls, etc) or just take an ideal squad with players from around the league to put around Lebron that could beat this Warriors team at full health.

bucketss
06-19-2015, 05:48 PM
kyrie
shump
lebron
love
mozgoz

Vee-Rex
06-19-2015, 05:49 PM
C Mozgov
PF Love
SF LeBron
SG Shumpert
PG Irving

Thompson/Varejao/Delly/JR off the bench.

Thompson and Delly could still get significant minutes to set the tone defensively. Thompson/Love is much better than the Thompson/James Jones lineup we ran. Thompson/Love played so well together. Irving/Delly played really well together too.

All the Cavs players would be fresh from having much more depth. LeBron with more energy would've been able to close out games much better. Irving would do decent defensively when healthy (he did fair when hobbled). Love has been average defensively this year despite lots of ignorance from people who didn't watch much of him.

The combination of offensive power, fresh players, and heavy minutes to our defensive players would've been enough. We were only two games short, there's no reason to believe the above team couldn't take two more.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-19-2015, 06:04 PM
C Mozgov
PF Love
SF LeBron
SG Shumpert
PG Irving

Thompson/Varejao/Delly/JR off the bench.

Thompson and Delly could still get significant minutes to set the tone defensively. Thompson/Love is much better than the Thompson/James Jones lineup we ran. Thompson/Love played so well together. Irving/Delly played really well together too.

All the Cavs players would be fresh from having much more depth. LeBron with more energy would've been able to close out games much better. Irving would do decent defensively when healthy (he did fair when hobbled). Love has been average defensively this year despite lots of ignorance from people who didn't watch much of him.

The combination of offensive power, fresh players, and heavy minutes to our defensive players would've been enough. We were only two games short, there's no reason to believe the above team couldn't take two more.

No lie that cavs roster is scary deep when healthy. I'm just glad They weren't fully healthy in the finals because that would have been unfair. It's sickening to think how stacked Lebron has gotten his rosters these past 5 years while in his peak.

MonroeFAN
06-19-2015, 06:05 PM
^that was just stupid

5ass
06-19-2015, 06:15 PM
^that was just stupid

He's just dellusionist. He'll say anything to discredit LeBron. Already prepping himself for next year's excuses as you can see.

SportsFanatic10
06-19-2015, 06:28 PM
kyrie
shump
lebron
love
mozgoz

This, since the question is posed as a team that could beat them. Not saying they would of but they certainly could of.

Vinylman
06-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Dubs fans feeling their oats...

gonna be fun when 3 of their key players go down with injuries next year and the excuse making begins.

Enjoy your chip

Kyben36
06-19-2015, 06:43 PM
I have a hard time with this, simply because honestly, I think Lebron is a problem, never have a heard of a player defying a coach like he has over his carear, he is a great player, but i dont think he has respected one of his coaches in the nba. surely not blatt, and surely not Spolstra, the truth is, he ran both those teams, and its ridiculous.

at the same time. I will try and complete your goal, but at the same time i have some problems doing that, the truth is, a healthy cavs team might have beat them, but there are 2 things, 1, when 2 of your stars play little to no defense, its going to hurt you, and 2, both Kyrie and Love are 2 of the most injury prone players in the nba. this is very dificult because its very dificult to win when one of your starters goes down, much less starters of their caliber.

I think a healthy cavs could have won, but the truth is, lebron on any team can drag their sorry ***** into the playoffs and possibly thte Finals, he is that good.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-20-2015, 02:53 AM
^that was just stupid

He's just dellusionist. He'll say anything to discredit LeBron. Already prepping himself for next year's excuses as you can see.

What excuses do I need? Lmao. You guys have been piling the excuses up, and I'm loving every minute of it.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2015, 03:26 AM
No lie that cavs roster is scary deep when healthy. I'm just glad They weren't fully healthy in the finals because that would have been unfair. It's sickening to think how stacked Lebron has gotten his rosters these past 5 years while in his peak.

except the warriors were the better team even if love and kyrie are healthy... do you ever not have hate in any of your posts?

Raps08-09 Champ
06-20-2015, 03:34 AM
His team healthy.

nastynice
06-20-2015, 03:40 AM
Dubs fans feeling their oats...

gonna be fun when 3 of their key players go down with injuries next year and the excuse making begins.

Enjoy your chip

lol, I enjoy my chips EXTRA salty!! ;)

Avenged
06-20-2015, 05:01 AM
For Lebron? 2 superstars at least. Let's say Durant and CP3. Maybe he can finally get a .500 winning percentage in the finals with them.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2015, 05:18 AM
For Lebron? 2 superstars at least. Let's say Durant and CP3. Maybe he can finally get a .500 winning percentage in the finals with them.

2 of the other best players in the game... How many rings do they have? How many finals appearances do they have? Seems like Lebron is the only one that gets Judged on wins/losses. This isn't a knock on either game because both guys have played insane in the playoffs but their team stunk it up for that am as whole. If James had any of the help that other players I shall not name had.... He would have 5 plus rings right now... The only finals loss that is actually on him his the mavs one... He was terrible. The rest he was amazing and carried a bunch of scrubs as far as he could take them including a bosh/wade last year where they decided to take the playoffs off.

smiddy012
06-20-2015, 05:32 AM
Lebron's crazy teammate diddles his mother... CHECK.
Lebron becomes the first man (let alone, black man) to flash his wang on live national television... CHECK.
Lebron shoots 40% in the finals, sucks in the clutch... CHECK.
Lebron throws his teammates under the bus for the world to see... CHECK.
Lebron talks to Wade about getting back together, a year after leaving him, as if they were x lovers or some ish... CHECK

FACTS HURT!!!

Lebron thinks his team is going to win because "he is the best player in the world?"...
Not even MJ was that cocky.... (but what would he know about making his teammates better? he only went 24-0 with HCA)

With that attitude the Cavs were doomed the moment they steped on the floor with a real NBA playoff team (which will always be greater than any one individual), something they did not see in the East (Shump and JR looked like beasts against Chicago).

smiddy012
06-20-2015, 05:36 AM
Lebron doesn't need more talent than the other team, he needs enough talent to get over his lack of leadership.

smiddy012
06-20-2015, 05:43 AM
He needs teammates good enough to put the child he is in his place, so he doesn't walk all over them. Really he is just a giant douche.

smiddy012
06-20-2015, 05:51 AM
I hope Clevelands glad they got their spoiled brat back.

/endrant

sep11ie
06-20-2015, 07:28 AM
Why does anyone even entertain this dipshit?

Vee-Rex
06-20-2015, 09:29 AM
I hope Clevelands glad they got their spoiled brat back.

/endrant

Ha. I like that post.

We had no choice. I'm not a huge LeBron fan but I won't stop supporting my team because of him. And that means supporting him too. :-)

Scoots
06-20-2015, 12:47 PM
LeBron is a special special player ... but he is on a team that is flawed and I don't see a way to fix it in the short term without players making significant monetary sacrifices ... but it's not going to happen.

TylerSL
06-20-2015, 02:31 PM
If Irving and Love were healthy he probably would have won this year, but I'll say

PG. Chalmers/Cole/Napier
SG. Wade/Walker?/Ennis
SF. Lebron/Beasley/Jones
PF. Gasol/Haslem/fill
C. Whiteside/Birdman

With Bosh's bloodclots I didn't mention him, but basically that is a lot of what Miami would have looked like if he didn't go back to Cleveland. They would have searched for more depth on the perimeter and tried to acquire other, better 3 point targets in free agency and through trade as well. You can't convince me the Heat wouldn't have signed Pau Gasol to the MLE (starting at $5.3 million) to play with Lebron/Wade/Bosh when he took barely over $7 million to go to Chicago. That would have really made a "Big 4" of Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Gasol and we still would have taken a flier on Whiteside because we just expected him to be a big body anyway. If Lebron had stayed in Miami I really don't believe he would have lost this year. Wade was healthier this year than he's been in years, and Gasol/Whiteside would make up for the loss of Bosh, assuming he still goes out with clots.

If Lebron took Golden State to 6 games with average to below average role players, he would beat Golden State with Wade/Gasol/Whiteside/Chalmers/Birdman/Haslem/and one or two other 3 point shooters. If that was the case I'd pick the Heat to beat Golden State in 6 games.

joedaheights
06-20-2015, 02:34 PM
If he played like he can play at his best more consistently? He at the very least could have gone down the wire in game 7 with his current team. I can easily make a no star team that w

joedaheights
06-20-2015, 02:35 PM
If he played like he can play at his best more consistently? He at the very least could have gone down the wire in game 7 with his current team. I can easily make a no star team that would have killed GSW with lebron

nastynice
06-20-2015, 02:45 PM
what if I say lebron ON the warriors? Is that against the rules? Keep our starting 5, iggy stay x factor, let lebron run the second unit. Kerr would teach him how to pass early in the shot clock and how to play off the ball. Like how he did with Curry.

PhillyFaninLA
06-20-2015, 03:04 PM
kyrie
shump
lebron
love
mozgoz

With what was done without Love and Irving can't see how the Warriors win if they were healthy.

nastynice
06-20-2015, 03:13 PM
With what was done without Love and Irving can't see how the Warriors win if they were healthy.

meh, if we beat a superior lineup in kyrie, shump, lebron, TT, mozgov, its def conceviable we could beat an inferior lineup of kyrie, shump, lebron, love, mozgov.

DanG
06-20-2015, 03:19 PM
beverley
courtney lee
lebron
tristan thompson
mozgov

patty mills, jr smith, birdman off the bench.

beverley and lee are just as good as shump and delly defensevely, but they're better shooters and both can put the ball on the floor + i'm sure they can do more than play hot potato on offense with bron. mills and birdman coming off the bench just adds more experience and clutch play.

lebron would get it done assuming the dubs play as bad as they did. the original series should have gone 5 games max considering how much more stacked they were, but they just had little experience. i'm sure even this cavs team would get swept by the current spurs.

nastynice
06-20-2015, 04:00 PM
beverley
courtney lee
lebron
tristan thompson
mozgov

patty mills, jr smith, birdman off the bench.

swap jr smith with jamal crawford, would look much more deadly imo...

king4day
06-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Warriors were fortunate to not play a healthy Cavs team. Kyrie and LeBron would have tired out the defenders for sure. LeBron had 0 help on offense outside of a solid Delly game. The D only had to focus on him. If all the players were where they were supposed to be in the rotation, this could have been one of the greatest finals ever. After game one, I was certain the Cavs would have won if Kyrie didn't get injured.
I could def see a repeat finals next season and depending on health, a different result.

Bostonjorge
06-21-2015, 02:48 PM
PG Irving
SG Wade
SF James
PF love
C Bosh

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-21-2015, 03:09 PM
PG Irving
SG Wade
SF James
PF love
C Bosh

Lawl

Gander13SM
06-21-2015, 06:29 PM
A healthy Cavs squad could beat the Warriors (doesn't mean they would though).

But just for fun...

- Love opts out.
- Sign Marc Gasol.
- Trade Irving, a first and Mozgov for CP3. (Or whatever else you need to trade).
- Sign Wes Mathews in free agency.

CP3 - Mathews - Shump - LeBron - Gasol

High caliber shooters. A PG that can create for others as well as he creates for himself, plus can defend Steph. Two way wing players. A big man that is an elite defender and high caliber post scorer that also has a decent mid range game.

8 man rotation would then extend to; JR Smith, Delly and Tristan Thompson.

Scoots
06-21-2015, 06:37 PM
Doesn't LBJ hate playing the 4?

Munkeysuit
06-21-2015, 07:09 PM
PG - Kyrie Irving
SG - JR Smith
SF - Lebron James
PF - Kevin Love
C - Timofey Mozgov

PG - Mo Williams
SG - Iman Shumpert
SF - Tayshaun Prince
PF - Tristan Thompson
C - Andersen Verajao

xxplayerxx23
06-21-2015, 07:42 PM
Seriously add a consistent 16 ppg scorer

Bostonjorge
06-21-2015, 07:46 PM
Seriously add a consistent 16 ppg scorer

James had a 25 ppg scorer and a 16 ppg scorer but he still found away to lose.

LA_Raiders
06-21-2015, 09:14 PM
More stacked team? Realistic, Wade or

Irvin
Wade
LeChoke
love
Mozgov

That is a stacked team

Sanjay
06-21-2015, 09:15 PM
James had a 25 ppg scorer and a 16 ppg scorer but he still found away to lose.

Irving and Love did not play in the Finals?

JordansBulls
06-21-2015, 09:22 PM
This is a dumb thread. How about someone like build a team around Anthony Davis to beat the Warriors

Bostonjorge
06-21-2015, 11:51 PM
Wade averaged 26 ppg and bosh 18 ppg against Dallas. So the James needs a consistent 16 ppg scorer to win is a false statement.

IBleedPurple
06-22-2015, 01:39 AM
Lots of teams/players. The Warriors aren't some juggernaut.

Gander13SM
06-22-2015, 07:10 AM
Doesn't LBJ hate playing the 4?

Maybe. But it makes sense against the Warriors. They can't beat them playing big imo (by big I mean a traditional 4&5). No one can. Not 4 times.

xbrackattackx
06-22-2015, 08:50 AM
Irving/Mo Will/Delly
T. Allen/Brandon Knight
Lebron/Prince
Love/TT/Landry
Mozzy/AV/Brandon Wright

Mike Miller and JJ IR.

MinnesotaFtw
06-22-2015, 05:33 PM
PG: Kyrie Irving
SG: Arron Afflalo
SF: Lebron James
PF: Tristan Thompson
C: Timofey Mozgov

Bench:
Shumpert, JR, James Jones, Anderson Varejao, Delly, Boris Diaw.

Just tried to make it interesting.

OlivaThor
06-22-2015, 06:40 PM
Kyrie
Wade
LeBron
Love
Mozgov
Bench: TT, JR, Shump, AndyV, Jones, Allen, Mo, Deva .. 2015-16 roster book it

b-eazy19
06-23-2015, 07:13 AM
Westbrook
Harden
durant
Lebron
Duncan
....thats the only way...

Tony_Starks
06-23-2015, 12:33 PM
Mozgov
Thompson
Lebron
Shump
Delly

They were up 2-1...up 2 games to1 playing at home to be precise.

b-eazy19
06-23-2015, 07:16 PM
Mozgov
Thompson
Lebron
Shump
Delly

They were up 2-1...up 2 games to1 playing at home to be precise.

They were but then lebron turned iggy to FMVP and GS torched cavs like charizard torched team rocket every time

OlivaThor
06-23-2015, 07:19 PM
They were but then lebron turned iggy to FMVP and GS torched cavs like charizard torched team rocket every time

You must be ultra beta irl

b-eazy19
06-23-2015, 07:25 PM
why? can you explain that?

OlivaThor
06-23-2015, 07:28 PM
why? can you explain that?

You donīt add any value to this forum. All you do is writting nonsenses about pokemons. Are you 12?

b-eazy19
06-23-2015, 07:35 PM
You donīt add any value to this forum. All you do is writting nonsenses about pokemons. Are you 12?

i dont think so :) no i am not 12 :p ...oh wat is your value to this forum?...hating some bball fans who want to write about their favourite players?...dude get a life

Jamiecballer
06-23-2015, 08:19 PM
Jeff Teague
Wes Mathews
Lebron James
Tristan Thompson
Timofey Mozgov

joedaheights
06-23-2015, 09:53 PM
Bulls have to deal with a couple realities. Butler will command the max, and Noah and rose, despite being shells of their former selves, combine for 30+ mill next year and then Rose is back at 20+ the year after.. So they can forget a cap room strategy. Best bet is to get the best bodies at C, PG and SF they can get and hope they land a star. If they don't, they probably weren't going to beat Lebron and GSW with all that dead money anyway.

You don't move mountains with the 22nd pick. If they got justin Anderson I'd be happy

joedaheights
06-23-2015, 09:55 PM
Bulls have to deal with a couple realities. Butler will command the max, and Noah and rose, despite being shells of their former selves, combine for 30+ mill next year and then Rose is back at 20+ the year after.. So they can forget a cap room strategy. Best bet is to get the best bodies at C, PG and SF they can get and hope they land a star. If they don't, they probably weren't going to beat Lebron and GSW with all that dead money anyway.

You don't move mountains with the 22nd pick. If they got justin Anderson I'd be happy for now. Bulls fans are gonna realize that this thing has really deteriorated to the point where it might take two years even if you are Paxson and only really care about regular season wins and giving your fans a fools gold team

lol, please
07-24-2015, 01:26 AM

You don't move mountains with the 22nd pick. If they got justin Anderson I'd be happy for now. Bulls fans are gonna realize that this thing has really deteriorated to the point where it might take two years even if you are Paxson and only really care about regular season wins and giving your fans a fools gold team
If the roster is healthy the Bulls contend this next season

5ass
07-24-2015, 04:49 AM
Teague/delly
Butler
Bron/Korver
Millsap/Thompson
Horford/Mozgov

Win in 5 max.

Badluck33
07-24-2015, 07:47 AM
This is an easy question to answer

PG: Lebron
SG: Lebron
SF: Lebron
PF: Lebron
C: Lebron

Bench: 5 guys named Lebron

Coach: Lebron

mascot : Lebron

This team might be good enough for a 73-9 season

goose15
07-24-2015, 10:38 AM
Rik Smits
Anthony Davis
Lebron
Mitch Richmond
Irving

mrblisterdundee
07-24-2015, 11:18 AM
This is kind of a silly thread, open to wild interpretations that could have any number of stars joining Cleveland. But for the sake of reason, I'll stick with the strategy of sending away so-so players in exchange for the rookie contracts of future all-stars.
I sent Mike Miller to Milwaukee for Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Timofey Mozgov to Utah for Rudy Gobert. Thus you have:

PG - Kyrie Irving, Mo Williams, Matthew Dellavedova
SG - Giannis Antetokounmpo, J.R. Smith, Joe Harris
SF - LeBron James, Iman Shumpert, James Jones
PF - Kevin Love, Tristian Thompson, Shawn Marion
C - Rudy Gobert, Kendrick Perkins

Obviously, you could take this further, and trade someone like Kevin Love for Anthony Davis, or Kyrie Irving for Stephen Curry.

Dade County
07-24-2015, 11:39 AM
Rio
Wade
Lbj
Bosh
Whiteside

Tony_Starks
07-25-2015, 10:12 AM
Rio
Wade
Lbj
Bosh
Whiteside

You know what had Lebron stayed I think even without Bosh him and Wade could've beat the Warriors. Would've took the pressure off him to do everything because Wade can still take over for stretches.

If Wade and Lebron are up 2-1 on the Warriors no way I see them coughing the series up

deadman8586
07-25-2015, 12:53 PM
You know what had Lebron stayed I think even without Bosh him and Wade could've beat the Warriors. Would've took the pressure off him to do everything because Wade can still take over for stretches.

If Wade and Lebron are up 2-1 on the Warriors no way I see them coughing the series up

They did it in 2011 vs the Mavs anything is possible.

Tony_Starks
07-25-2015, 01:01 PM

They did it in 2011 vs the Mavs anything is possible.

Yeah but that was young deer in the headlights freeze up when it gets tough Lebron. Grown man Lebron ain't having that, been through too many battles.

prodigy
07-27-2015, 09:39 PM
kyrie
shump
lebron
love
mozgoz

This...

I mean Lebron almost beat the warriors all by himself and 1 good game from Delly. Shoot if Lebron hit the game winner in game 1 I think cavs would've won the ship in 6.

So a healthy Cavs team in my opinion no question beats the warriors and i don't think its even a close series sorry. I'm not trying to be a homer or anything, I just watched the games and saw the warriors struggle against Lebron an a bunch of depth players.

prodigy
07-27-2015, 09:42 PM

Well thats saying Wade is healthy for the finals which is no sure thing. But Irving or Love with lebron would've beat the warriors too.

lincecum=future
07-28-2015, 11:24 AM
I can't wait until a healthy Cavs team makes the finals next year and the Warriors/Spurs beat Lebron again.

prodigy
07-28-2015, 01:56 PM
I can't wait until a healthy Cavs team makes the finals next year and the Warriors/Spurs beat Lebron again.

ehh, Not very likely. Spurs would have a better shot.

8kobe24
07-28-2015, 04:30 PM
Allen Iverson
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Karl Malone
Shaquille O'Neal

Since lebron loves to pass...he needs guys that will have no problem scoring.

lol, please
07-29-2015, 03:25 AM
Allen Iverson
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Karl Malone
Shaquille O'Neal

Since lebron loves to pass...he needs guys that will have no problem scoring.
Iverson probably costs them that series.

mightybosstone
07-29-2015, 09:02 AM

I can't tell if you're trolling or actually serious. I'd expect more out of a mod.

mightybosstone
07-29-2015, 09:04 AM
Like others have said, I think this current Cavs team when healthy is capable of beating the Warriors in a 7-game series. They pushed them to six games with Love out the entire series and Irving playing in a single game, which was a loss. I think that would still be a coin flip series, but with a gun to my head, give me this Cavaliers team over the Warriors if both squads are healthy, especially now that the Cavs have one season together under their belts.

Arch Stanton
07-29-2015, 07:08 PM
LeBron, Kyrie, Shump, Delly, Mozgov, TT, James Jones, Mo Williams

I'd include Love but I don't think they need him to beat the Dubs.

xbrackattackx
07-29-2015, 07:24 PM
Lebron/Mo Will/Delly
Kay Thompson/Tony Allen
T.Harris/Brewer
Cousins/TT
Dwight/VareJao

lol, please
07-30-2015, 02:57 PM
Lebron/Mo Will/Delly
Kay Thompson/Tony Allen
T.Harris/Brewer
Cousins/TT
Dwight/VareJao
Is Klay going to switch teams at halftime or something? :confused:

FlashBolt
08-01-2015, 03:31 PM
The only knocks on LeBron was that Mavs atrocity. All his other Finals were clearly not in his favor. That Spurs team that beat Miami won fair and square and played the best team basketball ever. That's not a knock on anyone. Bosh after the game simply acknowledged that the Spurs kicked their butts and that it was the best basketball he saw. There is no shame in losing to that. But let's blame that on LeBron when Wade/Bosh scored 29 PPG collectively. But they are "superstars" huh? That's what irritates me most about these trolls. Duncan+Gino scored more PPG than Bosh+Wade and were more impactful by every measure; yet, LeBron was the one who lost that for his team. Like I said before, you won't hear any excuses against the Mavs. That was just awful and he rightfully so deserved to be bashed. 2007 NBA Finals, give me a break. 2015 NBA Finals, really? He took a bunch of nobodies in which he was the only STARTER from the beginning point of the season (Mosgov/Thompson/Delly/Shump/JR were not starters originally) and won two games. He overachieved more than anything. Let's just think contently instead of just carelessly bashing players. There is a poll here that many said Jordan wouldn't have beaten this GSW team with that exact same Cavs roster James had for the Finals but we're going to knock James for not doing so. Yeah...

And to answer the OP, their team presently last season with a 100% healthy roster would have beaten the GSW. I don't think it would be farfetched to say that they would have beaten them handily. Cleveland needed players to score. When Delly starts pulling up for a three, you know the team is desperately relying on some scoring. Delly couldn't score but the Cavs forced him to become one because of the lack of options. J.R. Smith was a no-show until the show was over. Tristan is just a great rebounder with hustle. Mosgov was just too big for the GSW. Put Kyrie/Love in, yes, you'll lose that defensive tenacity but what I saw from the last two games of the series was that the Cavs were just out of energy. Those guys aren't the type of players to be able to carry that much of a load that Kyrie/Love would have been able to provide.

goingfor28
08-01-2015, 09:29 PM
Is Klay going to switch teams at halftime or something? :confused:
He didn't say Klay, he said Kay, who I assume is his long lost twin brother.

Bigbadmoffo
08-01-2015, 10:26 PM
Iggy winning FMVP proves that Lebron couldn't even beat the warriors when nobody showed up to play. Wait till the whole team shows up hahah. It doesn't matter if Love of Kyrie are playing as Lebron controls the game so all he needs is people who play hard d and shoot high percentage. In my opinion his team was better suited to defend Gsw then Kyrie and Love where out. I think with those guys in Gsw has a much higher offensive outing.

SLY WILLIAMS
08-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Irving-PG
Eric Gordon-SG
Lebron-SF
Thompson/Love-PF
Mozgov-C