PDA

View Full Version : NBA draft predictions and surprises

jerellh528
06-18-2015, 03:34 PM
I know there's an NBA draft forum, but nobody goes there. So with the draft about a week away, what are your draft predictions or surprises, maybe even your mock top 10 or whatever. Basically just a thread to talk about the draft while we wait.

bucketss
06-18-2015, 03:36 PM
knicks pick stein at 4, knick fans go crazy mad because they were expecting mudiay

2-ONE-5
06-18-2015, 03:50 PM
so many smokescreens, i really dont think the top 4 has changed. But im sure someone will get over drafted in the top 5-10.

jerellh528
06-18-2015, 04:14 PM
knicks pick stein at 4, knick fans go crazy mad because they were expecting mudiay

If I were a Knicks fan of be pissed if this happened. Would you rather have stein or porzingis?

FraziersKnicks
06-18-2015, 04:21 PM
If I were a Knicks fan of be pissed if this happened. Would you rather have stein or porzingis?

Stein looks like one of the best defensive college players in recent years. He's the kinda player that makes good teams great (Tyson Chandler in Dallas '10 and Draymond Green this year).

Hopefully Russell falls to 4. If not, my preference goes like this.

Mudiay
Winslow/Porzingis
WCS

I think WCS will be an elite defensive player in the league, but he's a full 2 years older than Mudiay, Winslow and Zinger and has a limited offensive game. I feel like he's a reach at 4.

bucketss
06-18-2015, 04:29 PM
Stein looks like one of the best defensive college players in recent years. He's the kinda player that makes good teams great (Tyson Chandler in Dallas '10 and Draymond Green this year).

Hopefully Russell falls to 4. If not, my preference goes like this.

Mudiay
Winslow/Porzingis
WCS

I think WCS will be an elite defensive player in the league, but he's a full 2 years older than Mudiay, Winslow and Zinger and has a limited offensive game. I feel like he's a reach at 4.

lol apparently he can shoot the three as well. idk knicks might get too excited and take the gamble.

RLundi
06-18-2015, 04:43 PM
1. Wolves- Towns
2. Lakers- Okafor
3. Sixers- Russell
4. Knicks- Mudiay
5. Magic- Porzingis
6. Kings- Cauley-Stein
7. Nuggets- Winslow
8. Pistons- Hezonja
9. Hornets- Booker
10. Heat- S. Johnson

Disclaimer: after pick number 5, I really didn't care and put no effort into it.

SportsFanatic10
06-18-2015, 05:09 PM
My personal top 10 mock has looked like this for the last week or two (Barring any trades, since I'm not going to try and guess at what trades will take place):

MIN - Towns * they go the safe route and take the mostly consensus and deserving number 1 *
LAL - Okafor * with Randle already in place they could go another direction but I doubt it *
PHI - Russell * Philly has enough bigs, they take the top guard in the draft to replace MCW *
NYK - Porzingis * they seem to like him and his stock is rising pretty high *
ORL - Cauley-Stein * well stocked on the perimeter they add a great defender to go with Vucevic's offensive game *
SAC - Mudiay * not going to fall further than this and plays a position of need for them *
DEN - Winslow * the rebuilding nuggets take the best player available and stop his fall *
DET - Hezonja * the Pistons happily jump on a needed wing player here *
CHA - Booker * for a team in great need of an outside shooter and more offense, i could see this happening *
MIA - Johnson * for perimeter defense and wing depth, as well as best player available at this spot *

KnicksorBust
06-18-2015, 05:23 PM

I plan on pretending we got a huge steal at 4 no matter who it is. The easiest would be Mudiay. As long as PJ doesn't do something insane like trade it for Rondo.

Scoots
06-19-2015, 01:05 PM
Okafor is a 5 and is being under-rated.

I think Russel is so high because of Curry's success this year finally putting emphasis on PG play again.

Porzingas and Hezonja are typical Euro mysteries but both look like big talents that may pay off big in a few years.

No matter who the Knicks take they won't reach their potential with Jackson still in charge.