PDA

View Full Version : Cousins to the Nuggets?

Stunner
06-18-2015, 12:24 PM
@Raj_Sharan: Per Joe Kotoch of @sheridanhoops, #Nuggets & #Kings have engaged in trade talks involving Boogie Cousins for Ty Lawson & Kenneth Faried.

IBleedPurple
06-18-2015, 12:30 PM
Nuggets have to do something or it's a long rebuild. Might as well get value for players that have had bumps in the road or will leave soon anyway. With Cousins/Nurkic/Gallo, it would seem like a good start. I'd like them to draft Hezonja and play SG despite being 6'8.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-18-2015, 12:31 PM
Why the hell the Kings would do this awful trade?

IBleedPurple
06-18-2015, 12:35 PM
Why the hell the Kings would do this awful trade?Karl, George Karl. He likes it shaken, not stirred.

jimm120
Ibleedpurple says this wih a serious face.

If cousins is going to be traded, you offer everything you got for him. Lawson is good but not great. Faired is ok but nothing otherworldly. Even if they get the nuggets 7th pick, it is still not enough IMO.

Stunner
Sacramento Nuggets

IBleedPurple
06-18-2015, 12:36 PM
Ibleedpurple says this wih a serious face.

If cousins is going to be traded, you offer everything you got for him. Lawson is good but not great. Faired is ok but nothing otherworldly. Even if they get the nuggets 7th pick, it is still not enough IMO.I didn't say it was fair.....I'd love that trade for just Lawson/Faried. Wilson Chandler needs a new home too. Dunno about the Nuggets giving up their hardly earned 7 pick though.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-18-2015, 12:40 PM
This has George Karl written all over it.

Ty_Lawson
06-18-2015, 12:44 PM
I would give #7 with Ty and Kenneth for Faried, and keep Chandler to trade him for some PG, or maybe sign Rondo idk.
SAC would go into season with:
Mudiay
McLemore
Gay
Faried
WCS

And Denver would go with:
-PG-
Barton
Gallo
Cousins
Nurkic

Scoots
06-18-2015, 12:48 PM
Cousins isn't happy with ownership or the coach so it's best to get what you can for him rather than run down the franchise hoping he turns it around.

Stunner
06-18-2015, 12:48 PM
Lawson would start over Mudiay

Stunner
06-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Kings could also draft Payne instead of Mudiay

Ty_Lawson
06-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Forgot about it, Kings could then draft Hezonja or Winslow, if they don't send Collison to Denver.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Kings could reload fast if Denver coughs up #7 with Lawson and Faried for Cousins.

Faried/Lawson is $23.6M
Cousins $15.8M Does Denver eat Thompson or Landry as well? Or Collison thrown in the deal?

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/sacramento-kings-team-salary/

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/denver-nuggets-team-salary/

Stunner
06-18-2015, 12:55 PM
DC more likely because I see the Kings drafting a PG , DC could start in Denver and has a good relationship with Malone

5ass
06-18-2015, 01:01 PM
No way cousins gets traded for just lawson and fareid. That 7th pick has to be involved. I still see better offers out there for the kings though. Magic can beat that with vucevic and the 5th. Lakers can beat that with randle and the 2nd.

Stunner
06-18-2015, 01:01 PM
They should pull the trigger on this deal if they get the 7th

Ty_Lawson
06-18-2015, 01:04 PM
I guess it could be something like
Ty, Faried, Foye, #7 for Collison, Cousins or something like that...
And there is rummor that we are talking with Clippers on Chandler for Crawford, Wilcox, so we would have something like:
Collison, Barton, Gallo, Cousins, Nurkic and Crawford as 6th man :O :O

Stunner
06-18-2015, 01:04 PM
No way cousins gets traded for just lawson and fareid. That 7th pick has to be involved. I still see better offers out there for the kings though. Magic can beat that with vucevic and the 5th. Lakers can beat that with randle and the 2nd.

Think the only reason it's being discussed cuz Malone is the head coach of the nuggets now .

True Sports Fan
06-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Don't see it happening but if we could go into the season with

Lawson / Collison
McLemore / Nik
Gay / Hezonja
Faried / JT or Landry
WCS / FA

I wouldn't be too upset if it is inevitable Cousins leaves

Stunner
06-18-2015, 01:06 PM
@Raj_Sharan: .@ArashMarkazi reports the #Clippers are exploring trading Jamal Crawford and C.J. Wilcox to the #Nuggets for Wilson Chandler

beasted86
06-18-2015, 01:14 PM
They should pull the trigger on this deal if they get the 7th

Agree.

Not saying this is a winning roster or makes them better, it's clearly what management wants. They want an uptempo flashy brand of basketball.

Cousins doesn't fit with the coach or management.

Faried, Lawson and the 7th is a strong offer, and I think Sacramento has some cap space to absorb the extra money.

Lawson
McLemore / Hezonja
Gay
Faried
Cauley-Stein

Definitely seems like a run and gun, pick and pop/roll, ball movement team.

Stunner
06-18-2015, 01:18 PM
Yea I like

Lawson/ Faried / Foye / 7th for Cousins and DC offer.

They won't get a better offer for the system Karl is trying to run . Kings go WCS with one pick and Mudiay / Payne / Henzo with the other

mgjohnson7851
06-18-2015, 01:23 PM
I don't want to see denver give up Lawson, Faried, and the 7th. Just throw in some future picks.

IndyRealist
06-18-2015, 01:30 PM
I don't think the 7th will be in the offer, because the Kings have little leverage since people know Cousins wants out, and Karl wants -his- players that compliment -his- system. Zero negotiating power.

Ty_Lawson
06-18-2015, 01:31 PM
Denver also asked NYK for #4, for Ty, #7 and one vet.

5ass
06-18-2015, 01:33 PM
I don't think the 7th will be in the offer, because the Kings have little leverage since people know Cousins wants out, and Karl wants -his- players that compliment -his- system. Zero negotiating power.

No true his balue isnt dependant on just that. If Nuggets arent willing to give up a good package someone else will.

IndyRealist
06-18-2015, 01:35 PM
Denver also asked NYK for #4, for Ty, #7 and one vet.

Who did they want to get that they had to jump 3 slots?

IndyRealist
06-18-2015, 01:36 PM
No true his balue isnt dependant on just that. If Nuggets arent willing to give up a good package someone else will.

A package that will fit Karl's run n' gun, zero D system? Lawson and Faried are custom tailored for it.

Ty_Lawson
06-18-2015, 01:38 PM
Who did they want to get that they had to jump 3 slots?

Well maybe it's part of 3team trade, with #4 going to SAC with Faried also. Idk..
Maybe Russel if Porzingis goes to Philly?

xxplayerxx23
06-18-2015, 01:45 PM
Well maybe it's part of 3team trade, with #4 going to SAC with Faried also. Idk..
Maybe Russel if Porzingis goes to Philly?

I read it was something like Ty + faried to sacto. 4 + fillers from my to Denver and cousins to NY but I figured it was bull **** so I paid it no mind ,

Ty_Lawson
06-18-2015, 01:46 PM
Thats nice also, if we are not giving up on 7.
But i would rather take Cousins, if Ty+Faried is all they want for him..

xxplayerxx23
06-18-2015, 01:49 PM
Thats nice also, if we are not giving up on 7.
But i would rather take Cousins, if Ty+Faried is all they want for him..

Yeah no doubt. But I think they would want 7 lol that's why I don't buy an rumor unless woj reports it or it happens

Ty_Lawson
06-18-2015, 01:50 PM
We will see, it's just 7 days untill draft, and there are already rumors about Nuggets, so i guess some of those will come true.
Ty+Faried for Cousins
Ty+#7+vet for #4
Chandler for Jamal, Wilcox
and so on....

5ass
06-18-2015, 02:37 PM
Don't see it happening but if we could go into the season with

Lawson / Collison
McLemore / Nik
Gay / Hezonja
Faried / JT or Landry
WCS / FA

I wouldn't be too upset if it is inevitable Cousins leaves

Would you rather have that or okafor+Clarkson or randle?

Mudiay/Collison
McLemore/stauskus
Gay
Randle/Thompson
Okafor

Or what about the magic for the 5th and vucevic

Mudiay/collison
McLemore/stauskus
Gay
WCS/Thompson
Vucevic

Stunner
06-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Would you rather have that or okafor+Clarkson or randle?

Mudiay/Collison
McLemore/stauskus
Gay
Randle/Thompson
Okafor

Or what about the magic for the 5th and vucevic

Mudiay/collison
McLemore/stauskus
Gay
WCS/Thompson
Vucevic

I don't think it's about what you think you're saying tho . They don't fit Karl's run and gun system .

Seems like Karl wants " his guys "

Plus the Lakers wouldn't do that deal and that magic deal sac would want Oladipo and Gordon

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-18-2015, 02:56 PM
#7 pick has to be involved. I hope so at least.

smith&wesson
06-18-2015, 03:08 PM
Bring Cousins to the east help restore the balance of talent. The Kings and Nuggets are pretty much in the same boat, I doubt he would even want to go to Denver.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-18-2015, 03:09 PM
Karl, George Karl. He likes it shaken, not stirred.
lol :laugh2:

Stunner
06-18-2015, 03:12 PM
Bring Cousins to the east help restore the balance of talent. The Kings and Nuggets are pretty much in the same boat, I doubt he would even want to go to Denver.

He would Malone is their coach , the only coach in his NBA career he got along with.

5ass
06-18-2015, 03:14 PM
I don't think it's about what you think you're saying tho . They don't fit Karl's run and gun system .

Seems like Karl wants " his guys "

Plus the Lakers wouldn't do that deal and that magic deal sac would want Oladipo and Gordon

"his guys" got him fired the first time. I don't think he'll sacrifice getting better talents for that. Players like Lawson are easily replaceable. Too many good PGs in the league. Faried as well. Hustle players are easy to find.

Lakers would be stupid to pass on that IMO. Okafor can only hope to become as good as DMC. He is the best big man in the league. A legit two way player.

Why would kings ask for oladipo and Gordon? They'll have a log jam at SG, and Vucevic can step in at center instead. He's second in PPG for centres so he can pick up some of the scoring.

Stunner
06-18-2015, 03:20 PM
"his guys" got him fired the first time. I don't think he'll sacrifice getting better talents for that. Players like Lawson are easily replaceable. Too many good PGs in the league. Faried as well. Hustle players are easy to find.

Lakers would be stupid to pass on that IMO. Okafor can only hope to become as good as DMC. He is the best big man in the league. A legit two way player.

Why would kings ask for oladipo and Gordon? They'll have a log jam at SG, and Vucevic can step in at center instead. He's second in PPG for centres so he can pick up some of the scoring.

Oladipo could be moved to the point guard spot and Gordon would be his Faried type but better defensively .

In your lakers deal you want LA to give up Randle / Clarkson and the 2 ... That's too much for them because they aren't in a desperate win now situation . Once Kobe leaves you left with cousins and now have to fill up holes . At least you have 3 building blocks going forwards and that are much younger .

And your " guys fired " thing is stupid , they were dumb to fire him after he won COTY with a 57-25 record .

imbetterthanyou
06-18-2015, 03:33 PM
lol.......http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/vlade-divac-says-he-would-trade-demarcus-cousins-for-michael-jordan-061615

Ty_Lawson
06-18-2015, 03:33 PM
^^Īt's not like they will go around and tell to everyone "hey, we want to trade Cousins", atleast that's not what they should be doing with him, if he already wants out..

P.S
Players didn't fire him, he fired himself, he had one more season on that contract i think, and he wanted extension already. And he didn't play younger guys Josh wanted him to play...

smith&wesson
06-18-2015, 03:34 PM
He would Malone is their coach , the only coach in his NBA career he got along with.

just because he got along with Malone, doesn't mean he wants to go play in Denver. Id imagine Money + chance to win would be his preference no matter where he ends up.

5ass
06-18-2015, 03:35 PM
Oladipo could be moved to the point guard spot and Gordon would be his Faried type but better defensively .

In your lakers deal you want LA to give up Randle / Clarkson and the 2 ... That's too much for them because they aren't in a desperate win now situation . Once Kobe leaves you left with cousins and now have to fill up holes . At least you have 3 building blocks going forwards and that are much younger .

And your " guys fired " thing is stupid , they were dumb to fire him after he won COTY with a 57-25 record .

Oladipo is not a good point guard. Gordon is a couple of years away from making a big impact. That team would be lacking in scoring and wouldn't compete for the play offs. You're looking at another couple of years at the bottom of the league.

Lakers would have a ton of capspace to fill those holes though. They're the Lakers, they can pick up great players in FA.

I think the whole notion of him being adamant about faried and Lawson because of his system is stupid and false.

tp13baby
06-18-2015, 03:35 PM
You get Cousins with Faried Ty and the 7th, you do it Denver. Chandler for Jamal Wilcox and a first like talked about. Denver has future firsts they can use to move up to get a point guard.

I don't believe this deal.

But a lineup of
1st rounder (wright, grant, tyus)/ veteran backup
Gary Harris/ Jamal Crawford
Gallo
DC/Hickson
Nurkic/jokic

That's one fast rebuild. Still not a playoff team but a scary front court.

Stunner
06-18-2015, 03:42 PM
just because he got along with Malone, doesn't mean he wants to go play in Denver. Id imagine Money + chance to win would be his preference no matter where he ends up.

He already has money , and coaching is a big thing with player . Cousins was pissed when he was fired because they were winning and he had respect for him . If you don't think that matters than alright then

Ty_Lawson
06-18-2015, 03:43 PM
You forgot about Barton, he should be starting SG in front of Harris, and Jamal could start at PG until we find someone better.
Barton is just the player Malone described he wants on his team.

Stunner
06-18-2015, 03:45 PM
Oladipo is not a good point guard. Gordon is a couple of years away from making a big impact. That team would be lacking in scoring and wouldn't compete for the play offs. You're looking at another couple of years at the bottom of the league.

Lakers would have a ton of capspace to fill those holes though. They're the Lakers, they can pick up great players in FA.

I think the whole notion of him being adamant about faried and Lawson because of his system is stupid and false.

So the Kings with the magic could still do a deal like Mclemore and Cousins for Oladipo / Gordon and 5 .

DC
Oladipo
Gay
Gordon
WCS

Is almost the same as what he had when he was winning all those games in Denver . He never had great inside scoring on those teams .

Ty_Lawson
06-18-2015, 03:46 PM
How did you get Faried to SAC?

Stunner
06-18-2015, 03:47 PM
You forgot about Barton, he should be starting SG in front of Harris, and Jamal could start at PG until we find someone better.
Barton is just the player Malone described he wants on his team.

Barton is dope I always loved his game and wanted the Bulls to take him but they took Teague smh . He's a good rebounder and he can score , once he Bulks up s little more and develops he's going to be near the top 12 of SGs .

Stunner
06-18-2015, 03:47 PM
How did you get Faried to SAC?

Typo

smith&wesson
06-18-2015, 03:50 PM
He already has money , and coaching is a big thing with player . Cousins was pissed when he was fired because they were winning and he had respect for him . If you don't think that matters than alright then

Yeah I don't think it holds the same weight as you do. its something a player would consider sure. but Denver is not in a situation where they are ready to compete if any one knows Cousins, he hates losing.

but hey, you could be right. I just hate to see him being wasted on lottery teams. I wish he could be on a team that is competing in the post season.

BallIsAll
06-18-2015, 07:13 PM
Yeah I don't think it holds the same weight as you do. its something a player would consider sure. but Denver is not in a situation where they are ready to compete if any one knows Cousins, he hates losing.

but hey, you could be right. I just hate to see him being wasted on lottery teams. I wish he could be on a team that is competing in the post season.

Malone has stated he wants a locker room full of guys who hate to lose and we should see major roster changes coming soon.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-18-2015, 08:15 PM
Wouldn't a deal around vucevic and the 5th be better?

BallIsAll
06-18-2015, 08:21 PM
Wouldn't a deal around vucevic and the 5th be better?

Who said Orlando wants Cousins and who said they want to trade vucevic and their 5th?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-18-2015, 08:23 PM
no one is just speculation like half the crap on this forum

M.Bibby2.0
06-18-2015, 08:48 PM
Lawl. Keep dreaming Nuggets fans.

Vlade outright said he's not trading cousins.

I would only do Cousins + all our bad contract PFs for Lawson faried Chandler foye and the 7th and I still wouldn't feel right about it.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-18-2015, 08:54 PM
What vlade said means nothing

Gms/owners/coaches lie all the time or play dumb or bluff ... especially when it involes increasing a.players value

M.Bibby2.0
06-18-2015, 09:14 PM
What vlade said means nothing

Gms/owners/coaches lie all the time or play dumb or bluff ... especially when it involes increasing a.players value

I guarantee you, his first move as the shot caller is not going to be trading away the best center in the league for two arguably overpaid players.

If Cousins wants out, that's a different story, but in that case the Kings have all the leverage since he's under contract for three years. They sit on him and wait for the highest bid.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-18-2015, 11:27 PM
No team ever has the leverage

3 years means nothing if he is unhappy and making the teams life miserable and will only go to x amount of teams and will cause hell for other he ties there hands .... it always happens no matter how much leverage fans think there teams have

IBleedPurple
06-18-2015, 11:44 PM
Lawl. Keep dreaming Nuggets fans.

Vlade outright said he's not trading cousins.

I would only do Cousins + all our bad contract PFs for Lawson faried Chandler foye and the 7th and I still wouldn't feel right about it.It doesn't really matter what you would do

IndyRealist
06-19-2015, 12:17 AM
No team ever has the leverage

3 years means nothing if he is unhappy and making the teams life miserable and will only go to x amount of teams and will cause hell for other he ties there hands .... it always happens no matter how much leverage fans think there teams have

This. Cousins could suddenly develop back pain preventing him from playing. Everyone knows it's to force a trade, but they can't force him to play if he says he's hurt. Pain's subjective, there's no way to prove he's not.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-19-2015, 12:23 AM
I hope not.

Raptors get the Knicks or Nuggets pick next year.

Cracka2HI!
06-19-2015, 12:30 AM
I thought of this trade before but I have Nurkic, Foye and the 7th pick in it as well. Collison goes back to Denver with Cousins. I still don't think it's enough. I can see Denver giving up both Faried and Lawson to the Kings for the 6th pick and maybe another future 1st. I think the Nuggets want to blow it up. They think the West is too deep(they are right) and are desperate to tank Philly style.

IBleedPurple
06-19-2015, 01:08 AM
I thought of this trade before but I have Nurkic, Foye and the 7th pick in it as well. Collison goes back to Denver with Cousins. I still don't think it's enough. I can see Denver giving up both Faried and Lawson to the Kings for the 6th pick and maybe another future 1st. I think the Nuggets want to blow it up. They think the West is too deep(they are right) and are desperate to tank Philly style.Nurkic will not be moved, what gives you the idea that he would be?

BKLYNpigeon
06-19-2015, 01:10 AM
why didn't george carl just go back to coach the Nuggets?

Cracka2HI!
06-19-2015, 01:12 AM
Nurkic will not be moved, what gives you the idea that he would be?

If they want Cousins I think they have to give up Nurkic.

central2003
06-19-2015, 01:31 AM
I think some of the people in this thread are completely delusional. Why would Sac trade a top 5 center to the nuggets for nothing in the same value. if you look at all other trades, esp most recently Kevin Love to the Cavs. They got the number 1 pick (Wiggins), (Bennet), and draft picks . So why would the kings wants garbage in return ? Also Denver is no shape to negotiate such a return for Lawson, they have zero atvantages to almost any trade. people just want to believe what they want but in reality Kings are def not going to do any type of trade with Denver when it comes to Cousins. Now Philly, Minni, or even Orlando.. those teams could start a conversation with Kings FO since they have the assets.

IndyRealist
06-19-2015, 02:22 AM
When George Karl was hired, the first thing I said was that they would look to trade Cousins for players who fit Karl's system. Everyone, especially Kings fans, said "No way they trade a top center in the league!" "Karl will adapt to his players, he's a top coach!" blah blah blah. Now look where we are, rumors flying around about what they can get for Cousins, and the TOP rumor is that Karl wants his players back from Denver to run HIS system.

The Kings have no leverage. If it is publicly known Cousins wants out, they will get lowball offers from everyone. Anyone who thinks they will get fair value is nuts. Their only hope is that there will be a bidding war, and I don't see any of the teams willing to gut their roster to build around Cousins EXCEPT Denver. Lawson and Faried is likely the best they'll get.

central2003
06-19-2015, 02:35 AM
Yea but he has not demanded a trade yet so we have all the leverage. So i have no idea what you are referring to besides sports writes stirring the pot.

5ass
06-19-2015, 03:00 AM
Nurkic and cousins together wouldn't make sense anyway. I think the Nuggets can put together a decent package. They can trade Lawson and the 7th for the 4th pick. 4th, Nurkic and Harris is not bad.

ChiefAminu
06-19-2015, 06:15 AM
surely kings don't go for this

GoferKing_
06-19-2015, 06:48 AM
People that don't know two things about the Kings are discussing in this thread like it's all said and done. Funny. Even when DMC demands a trade it won't be for done for two overpaid players.

Stunner
06-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Nurkic and cousins together wouldn't make sense anyway. I think the Nuggets can put together a decent package. They can trade Lawson and the 7th for the 4th pick. 4th, Nurkic and Harris is not bad.

How wouldn't it ? Cousins has a pF game and Nurick is a defensive Center mostly . They would fit

billy17
06-19-2015, 12:02 PM
The fact that people think the Kings would trade Cousins is funny.

The guy that says Lawson and Faried is the best they could get, thats funnier.

The people that think they predicted the future when the Kings hired Karl and now ITS HAPPENING! Its all too much, too funny..

You guys realize these are rumors right? Rumors. All the Kings have done since Karl is trade for Andre Miller, settle down.

IBleedPurple
06-19-2015, 12:05 PM
The fact that people think the Kings would trade Cousins is funny.

The guy that says Lawson and Faried is the best they could get, thats funnier.

The people that think they predicted the future when the Kings hired Karl and now ITS HAPPENING! Its all too much, too funny..

You guys realize these are rumors right? Rumors. All the Kings have done since Karl is trade for Andre Miller, settle down.Laughing is healthy...

billy17
06-22-2015, 11:03 AM
Well all that noise ended pretty quickly..

Laughing is healthy...

True that brother, thats why I still check in on the NBA forum

xbrackattackx
06-22-2015, 11:07 AM
How wouldn't it ? Cousins has a pF game and Nurick is a defensive Center mostly . They would fit

Teams are going smaller. Nur and Cuz would be a slow front court. But they would be hard to score on in a slow pace offense.

Scoots
06-22-2015, 11:51 AM
Cousins is being traded to the Warriors for David Lee and Leandro Barbosa. It was a backroom deal between the owners/former partners. :)

OlivaThor
06-22-2015, 01:48 PM
Cousins has greater value than whole Nuggets team

xbrackattackx
06-22-2015, 03:24 PM
New Orleans should trade anyone on their roster minus Davis.

Davis and Cousins would be unfair.

To bad they wasted that pick on Austin Rivers.

xbrackattackx
06-22-2015, 03:55 PM
Cousins is being traded to the Warriors for David Lee and Leandro Barbosa. It was a backroom deal between the owners/former partners. :)

I heard it was Lee,Bogut and Mcadoo and the 30th pick for Cousins,Landry and Jason Thompson. ;)

Scoots
06-22-2015, 05:56 PM
I would LOOOOOOOOVE to see Curry, Thompson, Green, Cousins and whoever play together ... oh man the options, the passes, and the attitude.

Gander13SM
06-22-2015, 06:40 PM
I would LOOOOOOOOVE to see Curry, Thompson, Green, Cousins and whoever play together ... oh man the options, the passes, and the attitude.

Green and Cousins? Oh my. That's s mouthy front court. Minus Barnes.

And the most humble back court in the league. Haha. Very intriguing tandem.

Curry - Klay - Barnes - Green - Cousins.

That's a damn good lineup. Shame we'll never get to see it.

OlivaThor
06-22-2015, 06:45 PM
Green and Cousins? Oh my. That's s mouthy front court. Minus Barnes.

And the most humble back court in the league. Haha. Very intriguing tandem.

Curry - Klay - Barnes - Green - Cousins.

That's a damn good lineup. Shame we'll never get to see it.

How much help Steph needs?

IndyRealist
06-23-2015, 08:38 PM
I'll just leave this here:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25222636/report-kings-demarcus-cousins-asked-for-a-trade-a-month-ago

The problem, of course, is leverage. This is an extremely valuable player, but if he wants to be moved and the coach wants him gone, too, then how is the front office supposed to get anything close to equal value now? Unless Sacramento fires Karl three months after bringing him aboard -- can you imagine? -- it is hard to picture a scenario where a disaster is avoided.

Wade n Fade
06-23-2015, 08:42 PM
George Karl is an idiot.

rJeezy
06-23-2015, 09:15 PM
They should have at least considered this possibility before hiring George Karl. He loves his point guards. Lawson, Billups, Cassell, Payton.

TylerSL
06-23-2015, 10:35 PM
If the report about Cousins wanting a trade is true, Sacramento should explore a draft oriented trade. This draft is deep and Cousins has the star power to attract high value. If I was Sacramento I would try to dangle Cousins to get a top 5 pick. If Cousins wants out, Sacramento needs to just start from scratch. Two top 6 picks in this draft to go along with other future assets could go a long way towards that.

If Sacramento really is looking to trade Cousins they should at least do their due diligence and call Minnesota up and see about the #1 pick. It's not likely but Sacramento would be doing a disservice to themselves for not at least trying. It's reported the Lakers are interested in obtaining Cousins and even willing to include Julius Randle in a trade. The Kings should instead try for the #2 pick. Who gives the Lakers a better future, Cousins or Okafor? Cousins is a proven star Center and Okafor isn't known for defense. At least that should be Sacramento's argument.

If the Lakers are not willing to depart the #2 pick, possibly New York would give a package centering around the #4 pick to pair Melo and Cousins. That should be enough star power to get to the playoffs in the Eastern Conference. Good health and a couple role players could allow that team to compete. The Kings could try Orlando and see if they could grab the #5 pick. Orlando was horrible at defending the paint last season, 6th worst in the league. A Cousins/Vucevic front court could help that and would give Orlando a scoring presence they are looking for.

Cousins is absolutely worth a top 5 pick. He's still 24 years old and probably the 2nd best Center in the NBA (behind only Marc Gasol). The only scenario in where the Lakers shouldn't give the #2 pick for Cousins is if either Towns falls to #2, or if they prefer to take D'Angelo Russell. New York or Orlando would be fools not to be interested in giving their pick for Cousins. Sure they would be giving up the chance at a terrific young player, but they would walk out of the draft with DeMarcus Cousins. Cousins, who wants to move to PF, would fill the PF hole for Orlando and he would bring life back to Madison Square Garden.

So preferably, Sacramento could trade Cousins and Darren Collison to the Lakers for the #2 pick, #27 pick, #34 pick, 2020 1st rounder, Julius Randle, and Jordan Clarkson. That's three first round picks, one second rounder, and two young promising players in Randle and Clarkson for the second best Center in basketball who is only 24 years old and a starting level point guard. Absolutely a fair trade and this would get the Kings the highest return for Cousins. If for whatever reason they can't swing that deal Sacramento could trade try Cousins to either New York or Orlando. New York's only real asset is future first rounders so I would try with Orlando first. Possibly Cousins to Orlando for the #5 pick, 2017 1st rounder, 2019 1st rounder, and Aaron Gordan. That's three first rounders and a solid young player who still has upside for Cousins. Cousins to New York would probably be the #4 pick, 2018 1st rounder, 2020 first rounder, and 2022 first rounder. So four first rounders, possibly only three and a second rounder if New York would include Hardaway Jr, but I doubt they would do that.

I don't believe Sacramento should look to trade Cousins to Denver because they could get a top 5 pick from Los Angeles, New York, or Orlando. But if none of those teams want a 24 year old top two center, a package of the #7 pick, New York's 2016 1st rounder, Portland's 2016 1st rounder, and Ty Lawson for Cousins and Darren Collison.

While this looks like a lot to give up, any team who could land Cousins would get an elite player who will stay elite for the next 8-10 years. Cousins currently has 3 more years on his contract so he is under team control and assuming he's winning I would find it hard to believe Cousins would leave any of Los Angeles, New York, or Orlando in free agency if he was willing to stay in Sacramento as long as he has. So again, it's likely they would be getting a top 3 Center in the NBA who has yet to enter his prime.

With the Laker trade the Kings could go in two different directions. They could add Okafor with the #2 pick and Mudiay with the #6, or they could take Russell at #2 and target Winslow or Hezonja at #6. With the Knicks trade they could get Porzingis at #4 and Mudiay at #6 and with the Orlando trade they could take either Porzingis or Winslow at #5 and Mudiay at #6. And with Denver they could take Winslow or Hezonja at #6, and Hezonja, Willie Cauley Stein, or Stanley Johnson at #7. Any of the trades I've presented would set them up to be huge winners in this draft and would give them plenty of assets in the future.

5ass
06-23-2015, 10:57 PM
Yeah I mean Kings get very well come out of it with

Mudiay
McLemore/Stauskus
Gay
WCS
Vucevic

That's a great start for a rebuild. If they somehow get Simmons (drawing comparisons to T-Mac) next year, that's a well balanced team full of potential. I've been convinced the Kings need to rebuild for months now. Its the right move for that franchise.