PDA

View Full Version : The Thunder at full strength would wax Golden State...

soonabooma
06-17-2015, 04:39 PM
sorry but it's true. I don't care how many games they won this year or how many 3s curry and thompson can hit. At the end of the day, they're still a gimmicky team. People will realize that next year.

IndyRealist
06-17-2015, 05:07 PM
In before close.

Sadds The Gr8
06-17-2015, 05:08 PM
I don't think wax but I think they'd win in like 6.

KnicksorBust
06-17-2015, 05:12 PM
Only if OKC had traded Westbrook for a PG that actually maximized his skills with Durant and a bigman.

bgdreton
06-17-2015, 05:15 PM
Hahaha you mad! The Champ is here!

xbrackattackx
06-17-2015, 05:15 PM
Curry got his ring. How many do Durant and Westbrook have combined? Curry and co. won their first appearance in the finals. How did the thunder do? Lol. Warriors deserve this and everyone is naysaying. We will see how "Gimicky" it is. Their offense is more potent then, hey! let Durant,Westbrook and Waiters shoot constantly. And they couldn't even use Kanter and Iblocka right.

bgdreton
06-17-2015, 05:19 PM
The only team that had a real shot to beat us was the Spurs, even then nobody really knows all we do know is Dubnation = Champs!

Bruno
06-17-2015, 05:24 PM
i think they'd beat them in six or seven as well. i still hold the same opinion regarding 2013 and 2014 championships. The Thunder should have a few racked by now.

KnicksorBust
06-17-2015, 05:25 PM
i think they'd beat them in six or seven as well. i still hold the same opinion regarding 2013 and 2014 championships. The Thunder should have a few racked by now.

Realistically tho how many real healthy chances have they had...

Bruno
06-17-2015, 05:27 PM

2011 and 2012. they won 50 games in 2010 but were still very green, although healthy.

Avenged
06-17-2015, 05:28 PM
Hah! Hopefully we get to see next season. GS in 4 blowouts buster!! :cool:

cmellofan15
06-17-2015, 05:30 PM
this is a pretty pathetic attempt at a troll thread

Gander13SM
06-17-2015, 05:30 PM
I respectfully disagree. OKC have been bounced out of the playoffs on numerous occasions and only made the finals once. They've never had a year like the Dubs just had.

People are showing a distinct lack of perspective. Shaq's Lakers. Jordans Bulls. Those are the only two teams in the last 20+ years that have had seasons similar to what we just saw. In the grand scheme of things, taking into account W/L, ORtg, DRtg, SRS, MOV, the depth of the western conference and the regular season success plus the championship. This is EASILY a top 8 season all time.

The team that could beat them is the Spurs and at a stretch a fully healthy Cavs squad. Nobody else would have been favourites against them.

OKC could beat them. Sure. But "wax" them? And it's irrelevant anyway. They couldn't stay healthy and they choked when they had the opportunity to get the 8th seed. This is entirely on them and the fact that some times, **** happens.

jason
06-17-2015, 05:32 PM
this is a pretty pathetic attempt at a troll thread

This

ManningToTyree
06-17-2015, 05:33 PM
I don't think so. Let the warriors have their moment they earned it.

KnicksorBust
06-17-2015, 05:36 PM

2011 and 2012. they won 50 games in 2010 but were still very green, although healthy.

More likely...Westbrook wins a ring or Curry wins his 2nd?

Gander13SM
06-17-2015, 05:39 PM

Repeats are extremely difficult. I would lean towards Westbrook winning his first personally. BUT the Thunder need to improve their bench, drastically. Can't compete with Warriors depth as currently constructed.

Interested to see how they do with the new coaching staff as well.

This Warriors team is so good. Who knows what happens next.

soonabooma
06-17-2015, 05:44 PM
Regardless of what they achieved this year, they ARE a gimmicky team. It's not opinion, it's fact. They live and die by the 3. All the ball movement and defensive stuff doesn't mean anything. At the end of the day, they win when their shots are falling and they lose when they're not. Their success is as simple as that. That's why they'd lose to most of the other NBA champs that we've seen over they years. Curry and Thompson are good players, but they're gimmicks as well. They can't play ball at a consistently high level and actually produce the way guys like Lebron and Westbrook do. Why? Because they rely on their shooting. It carried them through this year, but they didn't have a worthy opponent in the WCF and the Cavs were so banged up it wasn't even funny. Everything lined up for em and that's great for them. But they're still a gimmick, and hopefully the Thunder and Cavs won't have costly injuries next year. If OKC is healthy, the Warriors aren't getting back to the finals. If OKC is not healthy, they might get back in but they won't win it because they won't beat Lebron twice. If they do play the Thunder in the WCF, you'll see who's favored.

Jarvo
06-17-2015, 05:49 PM
Only if OKC had traded Westbrook for a PG that actually maximized his skills with Durant and a bigman.

People been tryna break that up for years, They take Westy out their weaker to me.

Jarvo
06-17-2015, 05:50 PM
I said this also but thinking again idk.

Bruno
06-17-2015, 05:50 PM

assuming Draymond returns, and assuming OKC is legitimately healthy come post season?

Thunder in a competitive, exciting, brilliant series. 6-7 games.

KnicksorBust
06-17-2015, 05:51 PM

People been tryna break that up for years, They take Westy out their weaker to me.

Disagree. They need a new PG.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2015, 05:53 PM
They'd probably win. But they weren't healthy. So really nothing to talk about.

soonabooma
06-17-2015, 05:55 PM
Repeats are extremely difficult. I would lean towards Westbrook winning his first personally. BUT the Thunder need to improve their bench, drastically. Can't compete with Warriors depth as currently constructed.

If Curry wins a second before Westbrook wins one, then God has his priorities seriously mixed up. It's bad enough that Curry won an MVP and NBA title by just jacking up a bunch of 3s. But it would be one of the greatest tragedies in sports history if it actually happened again for them. I'll keep my fingers crossed, because that would really suck.

GoferKing_
06-17-2015, 06:28 PM
Nope. Westbrook is too dumb to win anything.

Red_Pill
06-17-2015, 06:33 PM

They have Enes Kanter who played very well offensively and have Serge to cover for him defensively. If they are 100%, they're going to be tough to beat.

Red_Pill
06-17-2015, 06:34 PM
Hahaha you mad! The Champ is here!

You're not a part of the Warriors. You didn't win anything.

Red_Pill
06-17-2015, 06:35 PM
Curry got his ring. How many do Durant and Westbrook have combined? Curry and co. won their first appearance in the finals. How did the thunder do? Lol. Warriors deserve this and everyone is naysaying. We will see how "Gimicky" it is. Their offense is more potent then, hey! let Durant,Westbrook and Waiters shoot constantly. And they couldn't even use Kanter and Iblocka right.

Curry and co would have lost to that Heat team. GS probably would have lost to Cleveland if not for injuries. It is what it is.

Maybe there is a reason everyone is naysaying. This Warriors team is good, but they're being put on a pedestal as if they're the greatest team and unbeatable. This series with Cleveland showed they're not that good.

OKC has a new coach now and we'll have to wait and see if they will employ a more motion oriented offense or go back to isolation.

sf-fanatic
06-17-2015, 06:37 PM
Regardless of what they achieved this year, they ARE a gimmicky team. It's not opinion, it's fact. They live and die by the 3. All the ball movement and defensive stuff doesn't mean anything. At the end of the day, they win when their shots are falling and they lose when they're not. Their success is as simple as that. That's why they'd lose to most of the other NBA champs that we've seen over they years. Curry and Thompson are good players, but they're gimmicks as well. They can't play ball at a consistently high level and actually produce the way guys like Lebron and Westbrook do. Why? Because they rely on their shooting. It carried them through this year, but they didn't have a worthy opponent in the WCF and the Cavs were so banged up it wasn't even funny. Everything lined up for em and that's great for them. But they're still a gimmick, and hopefully the Thunder and Cavs won't have costly injuries next year. If OKC is healthy, the Warriors aren't getting back to the finals. If OKC is not healthy, they might get back in but they won't win it because they won't beat Lebron twice. If they do play the Thunder in the WCF, you'll see who's favored.

I didn't read any further than here.

R. Johnson#3
06-17-2015, 06:38 PM
:no:

Red_Pill
06-17-2015, 06:42 PM
I respectfully disagree. OKC have been bounced out of the playoffs on numerous occasions and only made the finals once. They've never had a year like the Dubs just had.

OKC could beat them. Sure. But "wax" them? And it's irrelevant anyway. They couldn't stay healthy and they choked when they had the opportunity to get the 8th seed. This is entirely on them and the fact that some times, **** happens.

They've had one healthy season. 2012. Every single year since then, when the postseason arrives, they're missing a key piece.

Choked? They lost on a buzzer beater from Anthony Davis. A play in which he was well defended. And again, The Thunder suffered the most injuries in the league and still managed to win 45 games. Players like Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka missed significant time, yet still managed to win 45 games. Especially after the 3-12 start. That's impressive.

Kevj77
06-17-2015, 06:42 PM
They are a jump shooting team, but the ball movement and especially their defense is what sets them apart from previous jump shooting teams. Dubs will contend for awhile their core players are locked up except for Green and he is a RFA.

Red_Pill
06-17-2015, 06:44 PM

Their bench is fine as is. Remember their trades? When Durant is inserted back into this group, it will all work out.

Westbrook/Dj Augustin
Roberson/Waiters/
Durant/Morrow/Singler
Ibaka/Collison/McGary
Kanter/Adams

2-ONE-5
06-17-2015, 06:46 PM
sorry but it's true. I don't care how many games they won this year or how many 3s curry and thompson can hit. At the end of the day, they're still a gimmicky team. People will realize that next year.

gimmicky team? thats not even a thing. nice try

kubernetes
06-17-2015, 06:58 PM
Regardless of what they achieved this year, they ARE a gimmicky team. It's not opinion, it's fact.

These words-- they do not mean what you think they mean.

jeb4056
06-17-2015, 06:59 PM

So being 1st in Def Eff is gimmicky?:rolleyes:

kubernetes
06-17-2015, 07:02 PM
Apparently things like stats, wins, and championships are just gimmicks.

"They'll get exposed next year when they don't repeat!" Yeah, that'll show 'em.