PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry's career turnaround

Clippersfan86
06-17-2015, 10:16 AM
Is it just me who's impressed at the change in path Curry has had? I remember just like 3 years ago he was constantly injured with ankle problems, arguably overpaid to some and definitely didn't look like a future MVP and near future champion. Speaks volumes about his work ethic. He gained about 20 lbs of muscle and since then I haven't seen any real injury problems, he's become the MVP and his team just won the first title in 40 years. Gotta respect that kind of work ethic.

Gander13SM
06-17-2015, 10:26 AM
At what point in his career was he overpaid? :/

It is great to see someone overcome an injury and go on to become one of the greatest of his generation. This Warriors team is just full of underdog stories.People thinking Steph was too small to play the point coming out of college and not being able to do anything other than shoot, then the injuries. And Draymond being a tweener who scouts kept saying "who will he defend at the next level. Which position?" He answers by defending literally all of them. Livingston with his injuries. Bogut with his.

Great underdog stories.

Can't wait to see what this team does next.

Shady66
06-17-2015, 10:27 AM
I honestly thought he would have ankle issues forever, but he shows no signs of previous injury.

Clippersfan86
06-17-2015, 10:30 AM
At what point in his career was he overpaid? :/

It is great to see someone overcome an injury and go on to become one of the greatest of his generation. This Warriors team is just full of underdog stories.People thinking Steph was too small to play the point coming out of college and not being able to do anything other than shoot, then the injuries. And Draymond being a tweener who scouts kept saying "who will he defend at the next level. Which position?" He answers by defending literally all of them. Livingston with his injuries. Bogut with his.

Great underdog stories.

Can't wait to see what this team does next.

The first year he got the contract it was questioned if I recall. But then quickly became considered the best contract in the NBA as he turned the corner.

QueensG_718
06-17-2015, 11:09 AM
Yeah i remember the ankles being a nagging issue. He overcame that pretty well. Dudes just a superstar now. Nothing he cant do on the court. Hes just naturally gifted

Scoots
06-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Steph actually twisted his ankles on about 5 plays in the playoffs and didn't miss a play. His braces in his shoes appear to really be working.