PDA

View Full Version : Lebron disrespects his own teammates

7chuck7
06-17-2015, 10:15 AM
A few days ago when asked why he was confident the Cavs would win again he said, 'I am confident because I am the best basketball player in the world.' Ok Lebron we all know you are very good.

After last night's game he had the nerve to say, 'we ran out of talent'.

Sure his teammates loved hearing that. Actually they are talented but were outplayed but not by much. Both teams are very talented and never would have made it that far if they were not. Both cities should be proud of how well they played. We know he was not referring to himself who is, "the best basketball player in the world"

It's always about him. He leaves Cleveland who worships him for his own gain but has to have a pay per view style upcoming press conference to announce it.

Then does just about the same thing when he returns to Cleveland. Attention grabber.

Hey Lebron, how about you just shut up and retire. I don't care how great he is. I am sick of him.

You can apologize to your talented teammates before you go and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Big Zo
06-17-2015, 10:20 AM
Late...

Clippersfan86
06-17-2015, 10:22 AM
He's right! Screw them. His role guys shot like 25 percent this series! Soft disappearing acts just like the Clippers.

valade16
06-17-2015, 10:30 AM
A few days ago when asked why he was confident the Cavs would win again he said, 'I am confident because I am the best basketball player in the world.' Ok Lebron we all know you are very good.

Sure his teammates loved hearing that. Actually they are talented but were outplayed but not by much. Both teams are very talented and never would have made it that far if they were not. Both cities should be proud of how well they played. We know he was not referring to himself who is, "the best basketball player in the world"

It's always about him. He leaves Cleveland who worships him for his own gain but has to have a pay per view style upcoming press conference to announce it.

Then does just about the same thing when he returns to Cleveland. Attention grabber.

Hey Lebron, how about you just shut up and retire. I don't care how great he is. I am sick of him.

You can apologize to your talented teammates before you go and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I'm sorry, but were you following basketball more than 2 days ago?

1st Bolded: outplayed but not by much? LeBron James led both teams in PPG, APG and RPG during the series. The Cavs shot 18% when James was off the floor. They were handedly outplayed by the Warriors.

2nd Bolded: Yes, the Cavs were talented... with Love and Kyrie. But if you lose 3 of your top players (Love, Kyrie and Varejao) you won't be as talented as you were. That's just the fact of the game.

3rd Bolded: he has nothing to apologize to Love or Kyrie for...

NYKnickFanatic
06-17-2015, 10:32 AM
Well...

When you have JR and Shump and you need them to be your second, third or fourth (Shump) options they aren't going to provide; see Knicks.

When KLove and Kyrie were healthy and playing, Shump and JR could sit back and play their role and do what they do best.

cmellofan15
06-17-2015, 10:36 AM
Those dudes ****ing suck. seems to like lbj was sugarcoating it.

GiantsSwaGG
06-17-2015, 10:37 AM
He was talking about JR and Shump and he's right, they're trash. Probably will be out of the league soon!

ghettosean
06-17-2015, 10:45 AM
Late...

The 2nd quote was yesterday how is that late?

KG2TB
06-17-2015, 10:46 AM
He should have mentioned how he played like *** last night. He didn't summon enough of his talents.

BKLYNpigeon
06-17-2015, 10:47 AM
He was talking about JR and Shump and he's right, they're trash. Probably will be out of the league soon!

Yeah, trash when you expect them to be the 2nd and 3rd option.

Bigdaddyburch
06-17-2015, 10:48 AM
He is right. If only one of them would have made shots they would have had a shot to win.

jimm120
06-17-2015, 10:52 AM
Lebron had to go through what Melo has gone through in NY.

With Amare becoming a bust after his 1st year with the Knicks, we ended up having to rely on JR Smith as our 2nd option and on the hopeful growth of Shumpert, and Tyson's defense.

Technically, that's what Lebron just had. With Irving out after game 1 and with Love out since round 1, Lebron was stuck with what Melo had to deal with every year: JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, and Mozgov (Tyson).

Now, it is talented enough that they will help you win, but not always. Hell, not even half the time. There's a reason the Knicks ended up always being down in the season and then "turning it on" in the final 2 months of play...cause that's when JR Smith got hot. But, then JR Smith would go cold again by the playoffs.

JR Smith is a pretty good player (just look at how they relied on Smith to take those last few desperation 3's at the end of the game last night...it is cause he's the most talented at that). The problem is you really can't count on him. No-show in games 1-4. Had a great start to game 5 (kept the cavs in the game) but got cold in the 2nd half, thus cleveland didn't have enough to score. And in game 6, he couldn't produce. He finally started scoring in the final 4 minutes, after the Cavs were down 10+.

jimm120
06-17-2015, 10:52 AM
A lot of people like to blame Melo for the Knicks not advancing in the playoffs since 2010...but the problem is we've relied on JR Smith as our #2 option during that time also.

jimm120
06-17-2015, 10:56 AM
Yeah, trash when you expect them to be the 2nd and 3rd option.

Pretty much.

Not only did Cleveland have a #2 and #3 option in Love and Irving (and both are #1s on bad teams), but having JR Smith as your #4 is spectacular. Why? Cause Smith can step up on occassion to be a #2, so that puts 4 deadly people on the floor. And when Smith isn't playing like a #2, you still have Lebron, Irving, and Love to carry the team.

Sadly, once Smith had to be the #2 option, things went sour, just like it does with the knicks.

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2015, 11:06 AM

What part of either of those statements is not true?

LBJ is the best player in the world.
The Cavs did run out of talent.

Come on, Curry, Klay, Barnes, Green, Iggy, Bogut, Lee.

Five of those guys are current or former all stars who are all still in the prime years of their careers.

Another is on the All-Defensive team this year.

And the last of them (Barnes) is a .400 shooter from the arc.

How many All-Star did the Cavs have in this series besides LBJ? Love was injured. Kyrie was injured. Marion got no minutes.

It was essentially LBJ vs. an All-Star team.

LakerShow
06-17-2015, 11:13 AM
Even though your players suck, your still a team and you can't throw your teammates under the bus like that, makes makes you look like a scumbag and a individual looking for a excuse.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-17-2015, 11:16 AM
didnt we already knew it...Mr. EGO never blames himself

KG2TB
06-17-2015, 11:16 AM
If lebron made those comments after having a great performance, it would be somewhat more acceptable...but to make them after playing pedestrian at home in an elimination game in the finals? Guy needs to keep his mouth shut or word things a little better. Maybe say "ran out of gas" or "lost to a deeper team" or whatever.

Lebron missed multiple game winners this series. That tends to be forgotten in all of this. If he made them and the cavs won, he would be basking in all the glory and most likely giving his teammates a lot of credit. Since they lost he's saying "we ran out of talent."

Caesaleo
06-17-2015, 11:53 AM
Mark Jackson said it last night; at the end of the day the great ones find a way to get it done. You can :sad2: all day long about not having Kyrie and Love but the truth is they couldn't win Game 1 with Kyrie there, and I think Tristan Thompson had an incredible series in replacement of Love. More than anything the Cavs offense was stagnant most of this series. They consistently settled for contested jumpers instead of finding the open man, which the Warriors excelled at. Blatt was stuck trying to balance "hero ball" with some semblance of his Princeton pick and pop. This is the blessing and curse of LeBron James. I think this series comes down to coaching, just like last year's Finals. While LeBron is undoubtedly the best player in the NBA, he needs a stern coach who's not afraid to tell him to shut up and run the system. We saw it in Miami and we're seeing it now in Cleveland. Let the "Fire Blatt" trolls begin :clap:

Clippersfan86
06-17-2015, 11:53 AM
Even though your players suck, your still a team and you can't throw your teammates under the bus like that, makes makes you look like a scumbag and a individual looking for a excuse.

Do you say it when Kobe does the same?

8kobe24
06-17-2015, 11:55 AM
Lequeen would disrespect anyone if shite don't go his way.

bucketss
06-17-2015, 11:58 AM
they already not that good and they still underachieved.

Caesaleo
06-17-2015, 11:59 AM
Should have never traded Andrew Wiggins. :confused:

bucketss
06-17-2015, 11:59 AM
Lequeen would disrespect anyone if shite don't go his way.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/smush-parker-kobe-bryant

NYKnickFanatic
06-17-2015, 12:00 PM
didnt we already knew it...Mr. EGO never blames himself

What more could he have done...

8kobe24
06-17-2015, 12:05 PM
Do you say it when Kobe does the same?

I did. Anyway, kobe lit a fire under everyone's ***...result? FO got up their *** and got gasol, fisher, ariza, artest, and bynum improved. Went to 3 straight finals winning it all 2/3 times. I wouldn't talk if I were a clipper fan. Y'all ain't sniffed anything except for your division banners. Oh and this is a lequeen thread. How dare you make this about Colby bb gun brian.

TheIlladelph16
06-17-2015, 12:08 PM
You could tell he was gassed in that game (and rightfully so), but only with Lebron James would you see people calling 32 Pts, 18 Rbs, 9 Asts and 2 Stls a "pedestrian effort" :eyebrow:

He called it like it is. They ran out of talent against a far, far superior team. When he was off the court, that team looked worse than the 76ers are. James Jones played almost 30 minutes last night. James Jones! Dude was the 12th man on the Heat for the last four years. The rest of his bench was so bad they couldn't even play them because they would have gotten destroyed (Perk, Haywood, Miller, Marion).

greg_ory_2005
06-17-2015, 12:12 PM
He's right though

Tony_Starks
06-17-2015, 12:16 PM
BUT "he makes everyone better' "can defend any position" "can do everything" is the Cavs "real coach and GM" and apparently is "the best player in the world."

So since all these things are obviously true doesn't he deserve all the blame too? Why even mention his teammates talent since they are merely whatever he makes them to be?

bucketss
06-17-2015, 12:21 PM
I did. Anyway, kobe lit a fire under everyone's ***...result? FO got up their *** and got gasol, fisher, ariza, artest, and bynum improved. Went to 3 straight finals winning it all 2/3 times. I wouldn't talk if I were a clipper fan. Y'all ain't sniffed anything except for your division banners. Oh and this is a lequeen thread. How dare you make this about Colby bb gun brian.

you guys kill me. why don't you judge all players the same way you judge kobe? its like kobe can do anything.

mngopher35
06-17-2015, 12:23 PM
Well he is right, they did.

Wasn't this when he was talking about the injuries though or am I mistaken. I believe he was trying to point out that they had lost a lot of talent along the way (said something about a lot of talent in suits they had to make up for). Probably not the best thing/way to say it still but we all know he isn't a great speaker (especially after losing haha). After how he has been complimenting their efforts I don't think he was taking a shot at anyone but I'll have to re-watch it.

Vinylman
06-17-2015, 12:24 PM
As someone who can't stand Lebron I find the hate in here ridiculous...

The only thing people should criticize Lebron for is misuse of the English language...

Anyway, anyone who doesn't think Cleveland is the clear favorite next year with the same roster and some tweeks doesn't really understand how good that team is.

Wade n Fade
06-17-2015, 12:29 PM
LeBron to Houston or LAC please.

Jamiecballer
06-17-2015, 12:30 PM

get real dude.

kubernetes
06-17-2015, 12:30 PM
Huh, I don't recall this "Cavs suck outside of Lebron" narrative when they crushed the 60-win Hawks (largely without a healthy Kyrie).

Funny, when they beat the Bulls (without Love), I don't recall hearing "Cavs only won because of Kyrie and Lebron--everyone else is straight up garbage."

I thought JR Smith was supposed to be a 3pt monster,

that Shump was an underrated yet elite defender,

that Mozgov was a top 5 center,

that T Thompson was a rebounding juggernaut, the likes of which hasn't been seen since Rodman/Barkley,

that Delly was an underrated scrapper who nullified opposing PGs

and that Lebron was the transcendent talent who made all his teammates better, who could turn garbage into gold.

Wasn't that the narrative pre-Finals? And now it's "Lebron can't carry a whole team of D-league scrubs!"?

KG2TB
06-17-2015, 12:35 PM
BUT "he makes everyone better' "can defend any position" "can do everything" is the Cavs "real coach and GM" and apparently is "the best player in the world."

So since all these things are obviously true doesn't he deserve all the blame too? Why even mention his teammates talent since they are merely whatever he makes them to be?

There's a lot to this. I have LeBron as a top 7 player of all time right now, but let's be honest...if he hit 2 game winners when he had the chance, the Cavs would have won this series and LeBron would be getting every ounce of credit and most likely talking about how great his teammates are and how much he believed in them and so on and so forth. Nobody expected the Cavs to win this series, at least nobody outside of Cleveland, but if we're going to give LeBron all the credit, and make a storyline about everything he does, there was plenty of room for him to play better too. He could have taken better shots and been more efficient last night, which includes hitting his free throws among other things, and he could have ended game 1 and game 4 I believe, could have done more to seal a victory. His box score in game 6 looked great, and for most players, that's their best, but he was so inefficient and didn't set a tone that you would expect from the best player in the world. He is just that...but he didn't play like it last night, despite his rebound and assist totals. He needed to have an efficient game scoring wise, and he just didn't do it. Settled for too many jumpers and missed a lot of make-able shots. I hope he said that he could have played better, because saying "ran out of talent" is just a dumb thing to say, true or not. He was riding with this team the whole way and saying they had enough to win...don't change your tune like that after you lose.

GREATNESS ONE
06-17-2015, 12:39 PM
Should have never traded Andrew Wiggins. :confused:

This. Lebron F'd himself when he forced that trade for Love. Andrew would have made a big difference in this series.

kubernetes
06-17-2015, 12:42 PM
This. Lebron F'd himself when he forced that trade for Love. Andrew would have made a big difference in this series.

Yup, Lebron basically hand-picked the Cavs' lineup-- how does Lebron escape responsibility for that roster running out of talent?

KnicksorBust
06-17-2015, 12:46 PM

Shoot 50% or better in ANY game?

SLY WILLIAMS
06-17-2015, 12:48 PM
I feel bad for Moz and TT. I think they have been treated unfairly on these boards. They keep getting thrown under the bus as part of the group but they arguably outplayed the Warriors at Center/PF in many of the games. Moz dominated the post last night and blocked some shots. TT averaged 10ppg-13rpg and was a monster on the offensive boards. Moz shot 55% for the series. TT shot 50% for the series.

mngopher35
06-17-2015, 12:49 PM

Even if all of those things are true why blame the guy who was clearly the best player on the court in the finals? Many thought it would be a sweep once Kyrie went down and instead they made it a bit of a series while Lebron lead the series in pts/reb/ast on the same efficiency as Curry which was better than cle average (way way better compared to when his other teammates were trying to create).

He does make players better, I believe there was something out there about how the guards were shooting 40% + when it came from Lebron and like 20% when it didn't. He also assisted on about half of mozgovs baskets this series. They basically couldn't run an offense when he went to the bench, very lacking offensively.

Lebron obviously wasn't perfect this series but he was carrying a far bigger load than anyone else and did a great job of it. I'm not big on blaming individuals who played great because of a team result so that might be where we really differ but his overall performance was better than plenty of fmvp's who have won a ring (including the guy who won for GS).

Scoots
06-17-2015, 12:52 PM
If the Cavs tried to play with a regular offense the Warriors probably win in a sweep. It was LeBron's otherworldly ability to control the ball, the clock, and the game that kept the Warriors out of control more than anything else. Never seen anything like it before.

Jamiecballer
06-17-2015, 12:52 PM
Huh, I don't recall this "Cavs suck outside of Lebron" narrative when they crushed the 60-win Hawks (largely without a healthy Kyrie).

Funny, when they beat the Bulls (without Love), I don't recall hearing "Cavs only won because of Kyrie and Lebron--everyone else is straight up garbage."

that T Thompson was a rebounding juggernaut, the likes of which hasn't been seen since Rodman/Barkley,

and that Lebron was the transcendent talent who made all his teammates better, who could turn garbage into gold.

Wasn't that the narrative pre-Finals? And now it's "Lebron can't carry a whole team of D-league scrubs!"?

whoever told you those things was a ****** though :laugh2:

Jamiecballer
06-17-2015, 12:54 PM
I feel bad for Moz and TT. I think they have been treated unfairly on these boards. They keep getting thrown under the bus as part of the group but they arguably outplayed the Warriors at Center/PF in many of the games. Moz dominated the post last night and blocked some shots. TT averaged 10ppg-13rpg and was a monster on the offensive boards. Moz shot 55% for the series. TT shot 50% for the series.

i agree with you. if it were not for the epically poor combined performances of Shumpert/Delladova/Smith Cleveland wins going away and Mozgov and Thompson are heroes.

NYKnickFanatic
06-17-2015, 01:05 PM

Hard to do when the defense is focused all on you and no one is doing anything to help that.

TheIlladelph16
06-17-2015, 01:11 PM
Hard to do when the defense is focused all on you and no one is doing anything to help that.

Exactly. The amount of wide open threes the Cavs guards missed in this series is absurd. They didn't even need to bother covering them after Bron dished it out there.

lakerfan85
06-17-2015, 01:17 PM

I agree.. I don't understand why the Cavs didn't post Moz up more once the Warriors went to a small lineup.. Sure he's a liability on D but so is the person who had to guard him on the other end..

valade16
06-17-2015, 01:25 PM

It's clear from your post you suffer from short term memory problems, but seriously?

Nobody said that lol. They said it after the first 2 games of the Finals when Curry struggled.

In short, it's tough for me to believe you know anything about the NBA or basketball if you can't remember the tenor of the NBA even 3 weeks ago...

Vinylman
06-17-2015, 01:30 PM

did they double Lebron in the series? I don't remember that...

maybe someone can help with that :rolleyes:

SLY WILLIAMS
06-17-2015, 01:47 PM

You have a point but there was no defense when he was shooting free throws. He shot 68% from the FT line. Hard to blame your teammates or the other team for misses from the FT line.

valade16
06-17-2015, 01:50 PM
You have a point but there was no defense when he was shooting free throws. He shot 68% from the FT line. Hard to blame your teammates or the other team for misses from the FT line.

True but at the same time Bron could have gone 100% from the FT line and they still would have lost. Cleveland didn't lose the Finals because LeBron missed his FTs.

Itsallgravy
06-17-2015, 01:52 PM
Hello
this is my first reply to a post on this site. I have been looking at these posts for a couple years now but never decided to reply or make an account to respond to any of them.
I am just wondering what this obsession with how good lebron james is? I mean the guy is 2 for 6 in the finals gets all the praise from media and gets handed calls from the refs. With that and him hand picking teamates on teams i can not understand how people think this guy is the greatest to ever live. On another note people say he had no one on the cavs without love and irving. Excuse me that roster has like 3 players that were on the roster last year perkins,marion,miller,jones,shumpert,smith were all brought in or signed with the cavs to win.
Stop making excuses for this guy he lost cause he needs the ball allllllllllllllll the time to be effective and that takes away from his other players and for him to say he doesn't have enough talent just shows you what kind of player he is. Also give curry some dam credit the dude was the baby faced killer and is the engine for the warriors and really why the won.
Look at the teams that have beat lebron in the finals they allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll moved the ball and didnt have one guy dribble until the shot clock is at 5 then shoot or pass it to a guy to beat the shot clock.

LA_Raiders
06-17-2015, 01:57 PM
He needs to be more humble. That's why he is Le2-4

SLY WILLIAMS
06-17-2015, 01:57 PM
True but at the same time Bron could have gone 100% from the FT line and they still would have lost. Cleveland didn't lose the Finals because LeBron missed his FTs.

You are right but the point I was getting at is you can not totally blame his teammates for all his missed shots. He missed some wide open shots that were very makable. He shot an air ball on a open 3 pointer. That is not his teammates fault. He missed some open shots he has made in the past and will probably make again in the future. His 68% FT shooting was just indicative of a guy having a poor shooting series in general.

nastynice
06-17-2015, 03:07 PM
lol, did he really say that? If a star player doesn't k ow how to get his teammates touches and in rhythm, that's kinda on him. Last nights first half proved that this cle squad is good. Lebron would move the ball around early in the shot clock and they were actually playing like a team. Blatt's defense was impressive, but his offense was just that garbage

mngopher35
06-17-2015, 03:35 PM
lol, did he really say that? If a star player doesn't k ow how to get his teammates touches and in rhythm, that's kinda on him. Last nights first half proved that this cle squad is good. Lebron would move the ball around early in the shot clock and they were actually playing like a team. Blatt's defense was impressive, but his offense was just that garbage

After rewatching I still think he was referring to the injuries, context gets ignored on here.

Also I am not sure what series/game you were watching but this cast isn't good offensively outside of Lebron. Even early last night when they had some ball movement like you mentioned it resulted in a ton of turnovers and they got blown out early. Then when Lebron started to control things more in the 2nd quarter the game got close again.

When Lebron created shots for Delly/Shump/JR/Jones they shot 40-50% and when he didn't they shot 0-26%. They shot under 20% when he was sitting on the bench. He clearly was capable of setting them up to score it's just that they couldn't really score unless he did.

phantasyyy
06-17-2015, 03:46 PM
You are right but the point I was getting at is you can not totally blame his teammates for all his missed shots. He missed some wide open shots that were very makable. He shot an air ball on a open 3 pointer. That is not his teammates fault. He missed some open shots he has made in the past and will probably make again in the future. His 68% FT shooting was just indicative of a guy having a poor shooting series in general.

I'd argue that he had to shoulder so much of the responsibilities he just got gassed.

The man averaged an abnormal amount of minutes and top of running the offense full time. That takes a toll on you eventually and I think that's what we say the latter games with his missed free throws and his tendency to settle on jumpers.

Reading through posts its as if some of you guys don't get the magnitude of having to play pretty much the entire game, while having the an entire defense game planned around you, and while still having to run the offense.

Tony_Starks
06-17-2015, 03:47 PM

True. TT is about to really get paid with the display he put on and Mozgov did his thing too. Lebron fed him a lot but that still involves him moving and cutting without the ball, making good catches and finishes in traffic. Thats no small thing given the poor state of Bigs these days.

Both of those guys did their jobs extremely well and have no business being included in the typical Lebron "garbage supporting cast" blame game narrative.

TylerSL
06-17-2015, 03:47 PM

This is uninformative and wrong.

The Cavalier team that was in the Finals was absolutely no match for the Golden State Warriors. The Warriors were such heavy favorites because outside of Lebron James and rebounding, the Cavaliers didn't have one single advantage over Golden State. Hate to break it to you, Matthew Dellevadova is a scrub. While he can play some defense, he's allergic to offense. This season he averaged 21 minutes with 5 points, 3 assists while shooting .362% from the floor. He's a 3rd string point guard who the Cavaliers had starting in the Finals because their All Star Kyrie Irving broke his kneecap. In the Finals J.R. Smith averaged 11.5 points on .294% shooting from deep. Shump averaged 6.5 points and shot .256% from the floor. Aside from Lebron, their only players that positively effected the game was Thompson and Mozgov, who averaged 10/13 and 14/7.5 respectively. So again that's

Lebron-35.8 points, 13.3 rebounds, 8.8 assists on 40% shooting
Mozgov-14 points, 7.5 rebounds on 55% shooting
Thompson-10 points, 13 rebounds on 50% shooting
J.R Smith-11.5 points, on .312% shooting and .294% (15-51) from deep
Shumpert-6.5 points on .256% shooting (taking over 7 shots a game) and .320% from deep
Dellavedova-7.5 points on .283% shooting and .231% from deep
James Jones-3.3 points on .316% shooting and .308% from deep

Those 7 players are all Cleveland played and saying that almost outplayed Golden State is just laughable. Lebron had absolutely nobody on the perimeter contributing. Dellavedova, Smith, Shumpert, and James Jones all negatively impacted the Cavalier's chances and while Thompson and Mozgov contributed, Golden State punished Cleveland by going small when both of them were in the game together. Now obviously with Irving and Love these players don't have to carry as much of a burden and would all be more efficient, but Irving and Love were gone and the group Cleveland put on the floor showed they are nothing more than average to below average role players, which is what they were known to be all along.

It's clear you are just trying to hate on Lebron with your thread, but your statements are just factually untrue. They weren't "barely outplayed" or however you put it, they didn't stand a chance. With Irving/Love/Varejao Cleveland probably would have won because Smith, Shumpert, Thompson, and Mozgov would have provided good depth and would have been getting better shots to take. But aside from just getting healthy Cleveland really needs another perimeter player and another point guard to back up Irving because Dellavedova basically sucks. Lucky for them they can bring everyone back and still have the #24 pick in the draft and the mini MLE available to improve.

The Cavaliers should likely be favorites going into next year.

Tony_Starks
06-17-2015, 04:40 PM

This is uninformative and wrong.

The Cavalier team that was in the Finals was absolutely no match for the Golden State Warriors. The Warriors were such heavy favorites because outside of Lebron James and rebounding, the Cavaliers didn't have one single advantage over Golden State. Hate to break it to you, Matthew Dellevadova is a scrub. While he can play some defense, he's allergic to offense. This season he averaged 21 minutes with 5 points, 3 assists while shooting .362% from the floor. He's a 3rd string point guard who the Cavaliers had starting in the Finals because their All Star Kyrie Irving broke his kneecap. In the Finals J.R. Smith averaged 11.5 points on .294% shooting from deep. Shump averaged 6.5 points and shot .256% from the floor. Aside from Lebron, their only players that positively effected the game was Thompson and Mozgov, who averaged 10/13 and 14/7.5 respectively. So again that's

Lebron-35.8 points, 13.3 rebounds, 8.8 assists on 40% shooting
Mozgov-14 points, 7.5 rebounds on 55% shooting
Thompson-10 points, 13 rebounds on 50% shooting
J.R Smith-11.5 points, on .312% shooting and .294% (15-51) from deep
Shumpert-6.5 points on .256% shooting (taking over 7 shots a game) and .320% from deep
Dellavedova-7.5 points on .283% shooting and .231% from deep
James Jones-3.3 points on .316% shooting and .308% from deep

Those 7 players are all Cleveland played and saying that almost outplayed Golden State is just laughable. Lebron had absolutely nobody on the perimeter contributing. Dellavedova, Smith, Shumpert, and James Jones all negatively impacted the Cavalier's chances and while Thompson and Mozgov contributed, Golden State punished Cleveland by going small when both of them were in the game together. Now obviously with Irving and Love these players don't have to carry as much of a burden and would all be more efficient, but Irving and Love were gone and the group Cleveland put on the floor showed they are nothing more than average to below average role players, which is what they were known to be all along.

It's clear you are just trying to hate on Lebron with your thread, but your statements are just factually untrue. They weren't "barely outplayed" or however you put it, they didn't stand a chance. With Irving/Love/Varejao Cleveland probably would have won because Smith, Shumpert, Thompson, and Mozgov would have provided good depth and would have been getting better shots to take. But aside from just getting healthy Cleveland really needs another perimeter player and another point guard to back up Irving because Dellavedova basically sucks. Lucky for them they can bring everyone back and still have the #24 pick in the draft and the mini MLE available to improve.

The Cavaliers should likely be favorites going into next year.

You forgot to add that the coach took it upon himself to limit Mike Millers minutes (basically gave them to Jones), and completely didn't play Marion a solitary minute. That may seem like no big deal but when you're already down players and you overlook players brought there specifically for their Finals experience that's a blunder of epic proportions.

Not to mention subbing Lebron at crucial moments. AI averaged like 47.3 minutes against the Lakers, that pretty much shouldve been the Cavs mindset with Lebron too. Sorry buddy, gotta suck it up and play the whole game. Rest in the summer.

Basically Blatt did them no favors with a already depleted roster. He basically went to a gameplan of being the Baltimore Ravens and and hoping the D would create some offense.

TylerSL
06-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Hello
this is my first reply to a post on this site. I have been looking at these posts for a couple years now but never decided to reply or make an account to respond to any of them.
I am just wondering what this obsession with how good lebron james is? I mean the guy is 2 for 6 in the finals gets all the praise from media and gets handed calls from the refs. With that and him hand picking teamates on teams i can not understand how people think this guy is the greatest to ever live. On another note people say he had no one on the cavs without love and irving. Excuse me that roster has like 3 players that were on the roster last year perkins,marion,miller,jones,shumpert,smith were all brought in or signed with the cavs to win.
Stop making excuses for this guy he lost cause he needs the ball allllllllllllllll the time to be effective and that takes away from his other players and for him to say he doesn't have enough talent just shows you what kind of player he is. Also give curry some dam credit the dude was the baby faced killer and is the engine for the warriors and really why the won.
Look at the teams that have beat lebron in the finals they allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll moved the ball and didnt have one guy dribble until the shot clock is at 5 then shoot or pass it to a guy to beat the shot clock.

When his team shoots 18% from the floor when he's on the bench, that's a problem. When not one player on his team averaged 15 points a game for the series when he averaged 36, that's a problem. When his 3 point specialist shoots under 30% from 3 in the Finals, that's a problem. When Dellavedova is the starting point guard, that's a problem. These guys were just missing open shots too.

Lebron doesn't "just need the ball to be effective", he is best utilized with ball in his hands so he can facilitate the offense, that's what he does best. He needs personnel on the court to be able to match his strengths, as does any great player. He demands so much attention with the basketball someone is going to be open, and he's a great enough passer to get it to them. They just have to be able to hit shots, and Smith shooting .294% from deep in the series, Shumpert shooting .256% from the floor, and Dellavedova shooting .283% from the floor.

In your last statement you basically say Lebron lost to a better team, so its funny your complaining about him being 2-4 in the Finals. He's expected to lose to a better team so he shouldn't receive extra hate when he does. And aside from his meltdown in 2011, he's been terrific in the Finals. If you really can't understand why Lebron isn't an all time great player that's your problem I guess.

numba1CHANGsta
06-17-2015, 04:58 PM
And this is why JR Smith, Love, and any future FA's won't want to play in CLE, especially with David Blatt as their coach. Only players I can see going to CLE is probably LeBron's bed buddy Dwayne Wade

bucketss
06-17-2015, 05:05 PM
And this is why JR Smith, Love, and any future FA's won't want to play in CLE, especially with David Blatt as their coach. Only players I can see going to CLE is probably LeBron's bed buddy Dwayne Wade

is that why jr said hes returning, and love doesn't seem like hes going anywhere?

Vinylman
06-17-2015, 05:26 PM
is that why jr said hes returning, and love doesn't seem like hes going anywhere?

I don't know if JR will return but he is opting out

SLY WILLIAMS
06-17-2015, 05:26 PM

JR should return. Love should also return unless he finds a situation that fits him better where he will not be painted as a after thought. Between Moz, TT and Love they have a really nice set of bigs.

Itsallgravy
06-17-2015, 05:29 PM
im not saying lebron is not a great player because he is. But people need to stop giving him excuses for losing. hes not 2 for 4 hes 2 for 6 do your history bud. Twice in the finals with cavs and four with the heat. No one considered the best in the nba has a record like that in the finals. Also maybe the reason his team shot so low is cause he always NEEDS the balllll and hardly lets anyone else get into the flow. Maybe its more on the coaches then lebron but its the same old tune i hear that lebrons teammates are garbage blah blah blah all these guys are in the nba for a reason. Maybe he needs to play with ray allen or try to get reggie miller back from retirement casue he obviously needs amazing three point shooters. Im just saying there is ALOT of other talent in the nba but they dont get the media or the praise cause this decade is marketed for LEBRON.

KnicksorBust
06-17-2015, 05:31 PM
Lebron can say whatever he wanted. Jr, Shump, Delly, JJ, etc are all pros. If you don't want to hear it. Play better.

bucketss
06-17-2015, 05:39 PM
im not saying lebron is not a great player because he is. But people need to stop giving him excuses for losing. hes not 2 for 4 hes 2 for 6 do your history bud. Twice in the finals with cavs and four with the heat. No one considered the best in the nba has a record like that in the finals. Also maybe the reason his team shot so low is cause he always NEEDS the balllll and hardly lets anyone else get into the flow. Maybe its more on the coaches then lebron but its the same old tune i hear that lebrons teammates are garbage blah blah blah all these guys are in the nba for a reason. Maybe he needs to play with ray allen or try to get reggie miller back from retirement casue he obviously needs amazing three point shooters. Im just saying there is ALOT of other talent in the nba but they dont get the media or the praise cause this decade is marketed for LEBRON.

wilt = 2 championships, 7 appearances. regarded as a top 3 player of all time.

jerry west 1-9?

anyone ever bring up their finals record?

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2015, 05:45 PM
Disrespectful, but he's right.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Hello

Who's dupe are you\?

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-17-2015, 05:50 PM
Very typical from mr I'm rich so go back to your poor lives.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-17-2015, 05:52 PM

What this guy said

Itsallgravy
06-17-2015, 05:53 PM
They should if they are being mentioned along greats like bird,russel,jordan,oneal,duncan,johnson,jabar and bryant who all had pretty dam good finals records. i am not saying lebron is not a great player he is but only for stats. Mark Jackson said it perfectly he said the great ones find a way to win and thats what the guys i mentioned above did for the most part on the biggest stage in basketball.

Bigdaddyburch
06-17-2015, 05:57 PM

Naw. Even if he scored 60 points a game people would say he didnt do enough. He still had one of the greatest runs in the finals in history and still all those who dislike hom can say is he didn't make every basket.

greg_ory_2005
06-17-2015, 06:12 PM
They should if they are being mentioned along greats like bird,russel,jordan,oneal,duncan,johnson,jabar and bryant who all had pretty dam good finals records. i am not saying lebron is not a great player he is but only for stats. Mark Jackson said it perfectly he said the great ones find a way to win and thats what the guys i mentioned above did for the most part on the biggest stage in basketball.

Pair any of the guys you mentioned above with JR Smith and Mosgov as the 2nd and 3rd options. How many titles would each win

Again that isn't an excuse. But in basketball in particular, one player, or injured player, makes a huge difference

kubernetes
06-17-2015, 06:27 PM
It's clear from your post you suffer from short term memory problems, but seriously?

Nobody said that lol. They said it after the first 2 games of the Finals when Curry struggled.

In short, it's tough for me to believe you know anything about the NBA or basketball if you can't remember the tenor of the NBA even 3 weeks ago...

Okay, so one point, which very much became part of the narrative after game 2 (which you admit), negates my whole post?

In short, it's tough for me to believe you know anything about the NBA or basketball, period. So yeah, take your internet-bball-knowledge-wang and gtfo.

KobeOwnSU
06-17-2015, 06:28 PM
If any of his teammates have a problem with what he said then they are mental midgets.

bucketss
06-17-2015, 06:31 PM
Who's dupe are you\?

probably amos?

KobeOwnSU
06-17-2015, 06:33 PM
Who's dupe are you\?

probably amos?

Maybe that one dude who always talked about making love to his wife and ****?

tp13baby
06-17-2015, 07:16 PM
He is right. In a game clincher Festus Ezeli had more points than Delly, JR, and Shump through 3 quarters.

Mozzy did alright, Thompson was good. The rest of the team wouldn't of cracked Golden States lineup.

TylerSL
06-17-2015, 07:29 PM

2-4 is 2 wins 4 losses dumbass.

Obviously you just didn't watch the games or really understand basketball that much. His role players were missing open shots and not even putting the ball on the floor. Dellavedova had trouble dribbling the basketball. In the series, J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert, Matthew Dellavedova, and James Jones went 0-18 from deep when Lebron was on the bench. They didn't hit one three pointer when Lebron wasn't in the game, that's how bad it was. It wasn't about him keeping the ball from them lol.

Lebron James blew it in 2011, but that's really the only time he's not met expectations. He was expected to win in 11, 12, and 13, and he won in 12 and 13; and he was expected to lose in 07, 14, and 15, and he has. Honestly the only thing is he should be 3-3, not 2-4. The man has made 5 consecutive NBA Finals, I understand that Eastern Conference hasn't been amazing, but damn nobody has ever so consistently dominated a conference like Lebron has the last 5 years, and it doesn't look to change for at least couple more years. In the 07, 12, 13, 14, and 15 Finals, Lebron has played 27 Finals games and in those games he's averaged 28.2 points, 10.1 rebounds, and 6.8 assists on 44% from the floor. Only the all time greats have even come close to that, and that's exactly what Lebron is. Stop already

bucketss
06-17-2015, 07:34 PM

wilt is 2 wins 5 losses. and hes better than duncan/kobe/oneal/bird/russel

bucketss
06-17-2015, 07:36 PM
i can't believe people hold it against lebron because he couldn't beat the spurs in 2007

smith&wesson
06-17-2015, 07:46 PM

I'm pretty sure when he said "we ran out of talent" he was reffering to the 2nd and 3rd best players on the team being injured... They are missing AV, Irving, and Love .. so to me it makes perfect sense when he says we ran out of talent.

blahblahyoutoo
06-17-2015, 08:49 PM
What part of either of those statements is not true?

LBJ is the best player in the world.
The Cavs did run out of talent.

Come on, Curry, Klay, Barnes, Green, Iggy, Bogut, Lee.

Five of those guys are current or former all stars who are all still in the prime years of their careers.

Another is on the All-Defensive team this year.

And the last of them (Barnes) is a .400 shooter from the arc.

How many All-Star did the Cavs have in this series besides LBJ? Love was injured. Kyrie was injured. Marion got no minutes.

It was essentially LBJ vs. an All-Star team.

this is a gross hyperbole if i've ever seen one.
bogut didn't even play 1/4 of the time.
lee did nothing special except allow GS to go small.
barnes played his role and did what was expected of him, as did green.
klay did NOTHING this finals. that's the only reason it was close. if klay had shown up, this would've been a sweep.
iggy is the only one that stepped up and stepped in for klay.

kdspurman
06-17-2015, 08:52 PM
He could have given the guys who did play well some praise. I realize he was upset in the moment, but some of those guys were really battling out there. But Lebron is who he is, and he doesn't always say the right thing.

It's like when they asked him what Iggy did to defend him so well, and he quickly said no, it's never a 1 on 1 thing, when I passed him, someone else was there. He didn't even give Iggy some props on his defensive effort. It's honestly just who he is i've come to realize. Great player obviously, not so much with words though.

It's not hating either btw... (people can get defensive when it comes to Lebron on both sides of the fence)

BDawk4Prez
06-17-2015, 08:57 PM
Stuff like this makes it soooo easy to dislike Lebron.

Mave1002
06-17-2015, 09:17 PM
On to the next team with more talent.

Wow this guy. Ill say it over and over again, I respect your game. Youre a great player. Just stop pointing fingers, shut the **** up and play. RETIRE in Cleveland if you must.

On carrying a team: ALMOST but not quite

On being a genuine leader: Not even close

On being a great player: Sure

Judgement: A great player without class, one who will be remembered for being a super player, but not as a leader.

More-Than-Most
06-18-2015, 04:52 AM
Lol I have never seen so much hate for one player and its because of how great he is.... 90 percent of the haters in these threads are Kobe or Jordan fans... They hate james because he is above Kobe and closest to Jordan. The worst part is its blatant double standards across the board... James did everything in the finals and had a historic performance but missed shots and his shooting finally wasnt efficient... All the Kobe fans who watched Kobe shoot like that for years without ever putting up the assists/rebounds or having anywhere close to the impact James had always say it doesnt matter how many shots he took he still averaged 30 that season and so on... Now that James does it while being insane at every other area they are just trying to use this one factor as the end all be all like they do with championships to discredit him... I have never seen anything like it and its literally Just PSD. The idiocy is impressive.

So what he had the worst finals team ever he took 30 shots so of course he will have 40 points
So what he leads all players in rebounds/assists/points he took 30 shots of course he will do that
So what he played almost every minute of every game in all 6 games against one of the best teams
So what he was being double and triple teamed he took 30 shots a game he should score 40

He had a Historic performance and one of if not the greatest finals performance ever but the haters only focus in on whatever they can to try to discredit it instead of enjoying the fact that we watched one hell of a series with a generation talent and a top 3 player of all time when its all said and done.

How many times has Kobe or Shaq done this and so on? Jordan would have been in the news everyday for the kind of teammate he was if he played in an era where social media is as great as it is... Nobody in the history of this sport has had to deal with the crap James has.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-18-2015, 08:33 AM
Lol I have never seen so much hate for one player and its because of how great he is.... 90 percent of the haters in these threads are Kobe or Jordan fans... They hate james because he is above Kobe and closest to Jordan. The worst part is its blatant double standards across the board... James did everything in the finals and had a historic performance but missed shots and his shooting finally wasnt efficient... All the Kobe fans who watched Kobe shoot like that for years without ever putting up the assists/rebounds or having anywhere close to the impact James had always say it doesnt matter how many shots he took he still averaged 30 that season and so on... Now that James does it while being insane at every other area they are just trying to use this one factor as the end all be all like they do with championships to discredit him... I have never seen anything like it and its literally Just PSD. The idiocy is impressive.

So what he had the worst finals team ever he took 30 shots so of course he will have 40 points
So what he leads all players in rebounds/assists/points he took 30 shots of course he will do that
So what he played almost every minute of every game in all 6 games against one of the best teams
So what he was being double and triple teamed he took 30 shots a game he should score 40

He had a Historic performance and one of if not the greatest finals performance ever but the haters only focus in on whatever they can to try to discredit it instead of enjoying the fact that we watched one hell of a series with a generation talent and a top 3 player of all time when its all said and done.

How many times has Kobe or Shaq done this and so on? Jordan would have been in the news everyday for the kind of teammate he was if he played in an era where social media is as great as it is... Nobody in the history of this sport has had to deal with the crap James has.

:violin;

Itsallgravy
06-18-2015, 10:02 AM
lol dont understand basketball?
Okay bud i think you need to actually get out of your house off your computer and actually play basketball lol.
Enjoy watching the "best player ever" keep losing in the finals.

Tony_Starks
06-18-2015, 11:15 AM
If being the runner up in the Finals gets this much celebration can you imagine if the guy would've actually lived up to being the "best payer in the world"and, I don't know, like won?

It would've been psd extinction level event, zombie apocalypse, Lebron praise-a-thon!

IBleedPurple
06-18-2015, 11:25 AM
Even though your players suck, your still a team and you can't throw your teammates under the bus like that, makes makes you look like a scumbag and a individual looking for a excuse.This. It's all true, but don't say it.

kovacs22
06-18-2015, 01:11 PM
Everyone's picking on Lebron... he's a great player, best in the game today. Now, I'm actually NOT an LJ fan, but kudos to him for trying to win the finals with the Cavs and w/o Kyrie Irving and K Love.

Also, I'd like to mention Lebron's doppelganger, Andre Iguodala ... what a flopper! Pick on him. I actually am more of a fan of Golden State (being from Chicago, I admire Steve Kerr very much for his contribution to the '90s Bulls with the GOAT), and there's no denying that Iguodala should be getting more hard press for the way he plays... Now, I don't deny that Iguodala played well during the Finals (besides his relatively low free throw %), but he sure deserves the Finals' Most Valuable Flopper award.

True Sports Fan
06-18-2015, 01:30 PM
Yup, Lebron basically hand-picked the Cavs' lineup-- how does Lebron escape responsibility for that roster running out of talent?
Hit me up when LeBron cam determine who does and doesn't get injured.

True Sports Fan
06-18-2015, 01:35 PM
He needs to be more humble. That's why he is Le2-4
So if he was more humble Shumpert and JR would actually hit their shots?

Scoots
06-18-2015, 01:37 PM
I think the Warriors being so over the top as a "team" makes LeBron's version of team or "at me" look worse.

True Sports Fan
06-18-2015, 01:41 PM

JR already said he plans to resign. Where else would he get carried to the finals lol

True Sports Fan
06-18-2015, 01:47 PM

Best post in the thread.

TylerSL
06-20-2015, 04:07 AM
lol dont understand basketball?
Okay bud i think you need to actually get out of your house off your computer and actually play basketball lol.
Enjoy watching the "best player ever" keep losing in the finals.

If that's all you got from my post then it's not worth debating.

smiddy012
06-20-2015, 05:30 AM
Lebron's crazy teammate diddles his mother... CHECK.
Lebron becomes the first man (let alone, black man) to flash his wang on live national television... CHECK.
Lebron shoot 40% in the finals, sucks in the clutch... CHECK.
Lebron throws his teammates under the bus for the world to see... CHECK.
One year after throwing his last team (his "MVP snub") under the bus... CHECK.

kubernetes
06-20-2015, 06:34 AM
Hit me up when LeBron cam determine who does and doesn't get injured.

Who didn't get injured? Smith, Shumpert, Mozgov, Jones, Miller-- all brought in by Lebron, and apart from Mozgov they all sucked donkey balls in the finals. Tristan Thompson was a #4 pick. Lebron came back specifically so he could play with injury-prone Kyrie, a #1 pick. He pushed for the Love trade and got rid of Bennett and Wiggins (both #1 picks!). But yeah, poor Lebron getting stuck with all this D-League talent, it's so damn unfair. If only the Cavs FO could give poor Lebron some help!

If they win, the narrative is "Lebron is so good he can elevate all these terrible no-talent goofs!" When they lose, it's "Poor Lebron had to play with all these terrible no-talent goofs!" No mention at all that these terrible no-talent goofs were hand-picked by Lebron.

Scoots
06-20-2015, 01:09 PM
As bad as people are talking about the rest of the team it's interesting that the Cavs are desperate to not only bring a lot of the same players back they are going to give raises to Love, Thompson, Delly, Shump, and Smith.

Mozgov is going to get a raise to a near max soon too. That will have Moz, Varejao, Love, Thompson costing the team around $45-$55 ... and if you add LeBron the Power Guard to the "bigs" group (LeBron's ability to guard SFs is already decreasing) you jump to near $80M pretty soon for that group. Extremely talented and capable group it is, 2 of them have bad injury histories recently, and that's a LOT of money when there is so little depth elsewhere.

The Cavs are going to be a very interesting team to watch for the next few years for sure ... but I don't think they win a title until they figure out how to be a real team and I don't see that happening with the core they have now.

Corey
06-20-2015, 08:07 PM
I think he's the best player in the world, he's a talent we might never see again, but if I was on that team, and I was watching him with a towel over his head and not listening to the coach when his name gets called, and ignoring other players while they were tapping him to get his attention....I'd have zero faith in him as a teammate.