PDA

View Full Version : Will this Warriors title have an asterisk at the end?

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-17-2015, 12:40 AM
First of all congrats to the Warriors, they were the best team in the league all year, ran through the difficult West and won it all. Of course it's not their fault they got to face a depleted team in the Finals coming out of a terrible Eastern Conference. With all that said we saw how Lebron dominated this series and literally won 2 games for his team out of sheer will. Now imagine him playing like that WITH Love and Irving on the court getting theirs as well, this thing could've easily gone the other way.

I'm not taking anything away from these Warriors nor do I feel there should be an asterisk, but I want your opinions on what you think.

SoxPatsCeltsBs
06-17-2015, 12:42 AM
Just when I thought PSD threads couldn't get any worse tonight.....

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2015, 12:43 AM
Nope and they shouldn't.

Unless a team blatantly cheated, no reason to leave an asterisk on any championship team win.

Obviously they beat a undermanned team, but you can;t hold that against them.

jerellh528
No, like you said, they dominated the regular season and the playoffs. For whatever reason they were cold and underperformed in the finals. But if they redo that series 10x, I think 8 of them are sweeps. Nothing against the cavs, but they didn't do anything special to win, Warriors simply underperformed.

Gander13SM
No.

Vinny642
LMAO tf?
Short answer-NO

Long answer-No way Jose

kozelkid
No. People need to stop with this asterisk crap, especially with regards to injury. They are a part of the game. It's a shame that the Cavs had to deal with them, but that's too bad. Warriors were the better team and they won. Simple as that.

Big Zo
GTFO with that ****. They faced better teams in the West, and the Cavs wouldn't have been as good defensively, had those guys played.

Bostonjorge
Yea that James quit. We will always hear how James quit.

Redrum187
06-17-2015, 12:44 AM
They won quite fair.

Ty Fast
06-17-2015, 12:44 AM
Ya they got lucky but you could say that about any other champion in SPORTS history.

bucketss
06-17-2015, 12:46 AM
1. miss a date with okc,
2. conley misses game 1, injury to tony allen
3. montejunas and beverly injured, curry gets guarded by jason terry (LOL)
4. no kevin love, irving injured during game 1, shumpert hurts shoulder.

i wouldn't say it has an asterisk but this is one lucky team.

Vinny642
06-17-2015, 12:47 AM
1. miss a date with okc,

A Durantless Thunder wasnt going to do anything to them, stop

KB24PG16
06-17-2015, 12:49 AM
No, they won.

bucketss
06-17-2015, 12:49 AM
GTFO with that ****. They faced better teams in the West, and the Cavs wouldn't have been as good defensively, had those guys played.

so? is this suppose to mean they're better of without those guys?!, and even with the injuries cavs seem to give them their biggest challenge the whole playoffs, and steve kerr just admitted this.

USMCLaker
06-17-2015, 12:53 AM
* What? Huh???

lol, please
06-17-2015, 12:57 AM
Reported.

JNA17
Put an asterisk to Celtics 2008 title then since the Lakers were missing Bynum and Ariza.

Dade County
No...

If Lbj got injured then people (& the media) would just make a mental note.

But the Warriors are lucky, that KD was healthy.

Redrum187
06-17-2015, 12:58 AM
First off, CONGRATULATIONS to the Golden State Warriors!!!! They beat New Orleans, Memphis, Houston, and Cleveland. Granted, many of their opponent's starters had season ending injuries and/or were injured and missed several games of the series, the Warriors took care of business. It's not their fault that their opponents were weakened.

Was this the easier road to the championship in NBA history? In recent times? If not, which teams had easier opponents?

bgdreton
06-17-2015, 12:58 AM
Shut this **** up we the Champs suck it haters !

bucketss
06-17-2015, 12:59 AM
Put an asterisk to Celtics 2008 title then since the Lakers were missing Bynum and Ariza.

still a prime pau and kobe.

lol, please
Not many teams get through elite squads like the Rockets and Grizzlies, despite the injuries. Even a Davis led Pelicans team is dangerous. The Dubs had an impressive run, no matter how you slice it.

Dade County
Reported.

You're crazy :laugh:

thats was so funny to me

mngopher35
06-17-2015, 01:00 AM
No, titles don't have asterisks. It might not be quite as impressive due to the context but they were still the best team all season basically.

Redrum187
Shut this **** up we the Champs suck it haters !

Pretty sure the OP is the only one who thinks/questions if it should.

LA_Raiders
Lol. Put an asterisk to all the west championship in the last 15 years because of how weak the east is.

ThaDubs
06-17-2015, 01:01 AM
Wooo!!!! CHAMPIONS BABY!!!! LIFE IS GREAT RN!!!!!

asandhu23
06-17-2015, 01:01 AM
**** no. We weren't caught cheating. :mad:

Redrum187
06-17-2015, 01:02 AM
Not many teams get through elite squads like the Rockets and Grizzlies, despite the injuries. Even a Davis led Pelicans team is dangerous. The Dubs had an impressive run, no matter how you slice it.

Fair enough. Which NBA Championship teams do you feel had easier competition?

You're right though, winning a championship is impressive and they did it fair and square. I take nothing away from their title run.

JNA17
06-17-2015, 01:03 AM
Hell, let's put an asterisk to Lebron's 5 straight finals appearances since the Eastern Conference has been a total joke of the NBA for the past 15 years.

NetsPaint
06-17-2015, 01:03 AM
If Yao Ming wasn't injured the Warriors would have had a much tougher series against the Rockets.

Ty Fast
06-17-2015, 01:12 AM
If Yao Ming wasn't injured the Warriors would have had a much tougher series against the Rockets.

Ya and if mj played for the bulls the cavs would have lost :)

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-17-2015, 01:17 AM
Jesus Christ never mind[emoji23]

goingfor28
06-17-2015, 01:21 AM
Not their fault Love, Irving, Allen, Conley, Beverly and Montejunas were hurt. It certainly made things easier but there shouldn't be an asterisk.

Tony_Starks
06-17-2015, 01:24 AM
No.

NetsPaint
06-17-2015, 01:24 AM
Keep in mind the Taco Bell Love was eating. Treat your body like a champion if you want to be a champion.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-17-2015, 01:25 AM
Lmao I didn't even see that

Tony_Starks
06-17-2015, 01:25 AM

Don't forget the Bulls first one since we missed Worthy and B Scott, and the Pistons when we missed Magic. Both have *

JNA17
06-17-2015, 01:30 AM
Don't forget the Bulls first one since we missed Worthy and B Scott, and the Pistons when we missed Magic. Both have *

Let's not forget the asterisk to the Pistons in 2004 since Karl Malone was on one leg.

Man, Pistons have a lot of asterisks don't they? :laugh:

See how dumb this asterisks **** is?

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2015, 01:46 AM
Amazing year. They earned this. No astrix, but yes, they were very luck that they really didn't actually play any contenders to win this. The Clippers and Spurs were knocked out before they got to them, The Rockets, Grizzlies and Cavs were injured.

But they earned it. They put the work in, and put themselves in a position to win, and the took advantage of it.

I have to say, I didn't see the killed instinct in anybody on the team outside of Green and Iggy. I felt like they was coasting in the finals.

The fact that they were a free-throw away from being down 0-3 is pretty odd. They really should have swept this series.

lol, please
06-17-2015, 01:53 AM
Ya and if mj played for the bulls the cavs would have lost :)
Celtics woulda swept em, with a prime Bird.

Scoots
06-17-2015, 02:15 AM
Heat titles have asterisks since they came out of the East.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-17-2015, 02:23 AM
Might as well put asterisks on every title because of injuries.

USMCLaker
06-17-2015, 02:33 AM
Well if the Warriors deserve an asterisk than every year the Lakers don't win deserves an asterisk.

Kyben36
06-17-2015, 02:46 AM
They Beat the West, and we are questioning a cavs team that injured beat the rest of the east, LOL. sure.

More-Than-Most
06-17-2015, 02:56 AM
No

Sadds The Gr8
06-17-2015, 03:06 AM
Very easy run but a title is a title. I'd drink toilet water for the raptors to win a title

NYSpirit1
06-17-2015, 03:10 AM
First of all congrats to the Warriors, they were the best team in the league all year, ran through the difficult West and won it all. Of course it's not their fault they got to face a depleted team in the Finals coming out of a terrible Eastern Conference. With all that said we saw how Lebron dominated this series and literally won 2 games for his team out of sheer will. Now imagine him playing like that WITH Love and Irving on the court getting theirs as well, this thing could've easily gone the other way.

I'm not taking anything away from these Warriors nor do I feel there should be an asterisk, but I want your opinions on what you think.

If there should be an asterisk, then LeBron's 2013 win should have an asterisk.

sf-fanatic
06-17-2015, 03:11 AM
I wouldn't call this an easy title run, but fortunate. Five years from now, only die hard sports fans will remember that the Warriors had to deal with a Cavs team without Kyrie and Love as well as injuries to Houston and Memphis PG. Most of the casuals would remember the Warriors were by far the best team in the regular season. Took care of business in the playoffs. It was truly a historic year with the warriors winning a bunch of individual awards as well as the D-League and NBA Finals. Also, fun fact is the Warriors never had a 3 game losing streak all year. What a year.

nastynice
06-17-2015, 03:19 AM
We def didnt have as hard a road as we could have, but I feel whenever we were pushed we pushed back in pretty dramatic fashion. Twice a series momentum shifted in favor of the other team, and both times we reeled off three in a row to shut the door.

We def a young squad and it showed at times, so I'm glad that this first deep run with this squad was the one we got breaks in. If that championship mentality settle in into our players, will be very dangerous in coming years

SoxPatsCeltsBs
06-17-2015, 03:20 AM
A lot harder than the Cavs...

jason
06-17-2015, 03:26 AM
I wouldn't call this an easy title run, but fortunate. Five years from now, only die hard sports fans will remember that the Warriors had to deal with a Cavs team without Kyrie and Love as well as injuries to Houston and Memphis PG. Most of the casuals would remember the Warriors were by far the best team in the regular season. Took care of business in the playoffs. It was truly a historic year with the warriors winning a bunch of individual awards as well as the D-League and NBA Finals. Also, fun fact is the Warriors never had a 3 game losing streak all year. What a year.

Another fun fact is that when the Warriors got a 15 point lead any part of the game they were undefeated at 58-0 including the last game. Awesome year

PurpleLynch
06-17-2015, 03:34 AM
Is Curry deflating basketball balls?

Red_Pill
06-17-2015, 03:42 AM
No asterisk, but this wasn't an impressive championship.

lol, please
06-17-2015, 03:43 AM
Might as well put asterisks on every title because of injuries.

Is Curry deflating basketball balls?
[emoji23] ^

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2015, 04:09 AM
Only way you can place asterisk is if they were proven to have cheated ( so not like deflate gate where they concluded that they cheated, but like say A-Rod or Barry where we know they took PEDPED)

GoferKing_
06-17-2015, 04:35 AM
Cavs way to the finals was way more easy, and LBJ will be back there next year because the East teams suck. Warriors way was not so easym buy every team they have played was having some major injuries. Next year might not be so pretty for them. Congatulations to the Warriors.

Btw. with Irving and Love Cavs would score more but would lose a lot more points.

Mave1002
06-17-2015, 04:37 AM
Congratulation to the DUBS! On to the NBA draft. Let's do this!!!

Guppyfighter
06-17-2015, 04:38 AM
First off, CONGRATULATIONS to the Golden State Warriors!!!! They beat New Orleans, Memphis, Houston, and Cleveland. Granted, many of their opponent's starters had season ending injuries and/or were injured and missed several games of the series, the Warriors took care of business. It's not their fault that their opponents were weakened.

Was this the easier road to the championship in NBA history? In recent times? If not, which teams had easier opponents?

Any finals team from the East in the last ten years.

PhillyFaninLA
06-17-2015, 04:42 AM
Just when I thought PSD threads couldn't get any worse tonight.....

Hate to agree with you

Of course not, they beat the team they played. OP why do you feel the need to take away them beating who they played under the circumstances they played. In 10 years no one outside of Cleveland is going to remember that Irving and Love didn't play, the bulk of us will remember Golden State winning and Lebron's epic play.

Munkeysuit
06-17-2015, 05:57 AM
Warriors got pretty lucky along the way, but winning 67 games can't be ALL luck lol...someone up top said they'd beat a Thunder team WITH Durant? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you sir sound pretty dam sure about that claim.
Congrats to the Warriors though, coming from Cavs fan, you guys earned my respect.

Gander13SM
06-17-2015, 06:37 AM
- 8th greatest MOV in league history (regular season)
- Best SRS since '96 Bulls (regular season)
- 67 wins in a very tough western conference.
- Defeated ALL of the other All-NBA First Team winners.
- MVP
- Two All-NBA defenders.
- Two All-NBA players.
- First rookie coach to win an NBA title since 1982.
- First team since 1991 Bulls to win an NBA title with no players on the roster having any finals experience.
- First point guard to win an MVP award AND an NBA Championship in the same season since Magic Johnson.
- Tied for the 6th most successful season in NBA History.

Say what you want. This team earned every bit of this championship. We have all just witnessed history. There are only a handful of other teams who have played like that and been this successful in a single season. And since the 90s there's only been two franchises with better seasons; Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers.

That being said, they were fortunate that Conley was injured and Kyrie/Love. But that's just sports. These things happen.

effen5
06-17-2015, 06:38 AM
Yeah this thread is silly as the east teams the cavs beat would not get out of the first round in the west. Stop trying to diminish this title.

Gander13SM
06-17-2015, 06:38 AM
- MVP
- Two All-NBA defenders.
- Two All-NBA players.
- First team since 1991 Bulls to win an NBA title with no players on the roster having any finals experience.
- First point guard to win an MVP award AND an NBA Championship in the same season since Magic Johnson.

Say what you want. This team earned every bit of this championship. We have all just witnessed history. There are only a handful of other teams who have played like that and been this successful in a single season. And since the 90s there's only been two franchises with better seasons; Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers.

That being said, they were fortunate that Conley was injured and Kyrie/Love. But that's just sports. These things happen.

effen5
06-17-2015, 06:42 AM
- MVP
- Two All-NBA defenders.
- Two All-NBA players.

If the bulls beat the cavs...would you put an asterisks to that win? Man get the **** outta here

DarkKnight
06-17-2015, 07:06 AM
Put a asterisk when you make dumb threads like this

JWO35
06-17-2015, 07:41 AM
Just because 2 people got injured? :laugh2:

No

pebloemer
06-17-2015, 07:48 AM
- MVP
- Two All-NBA defenders.
- Two All-NBA players.

Well said

Hawkeye15
06-17-2015, 08:55 AM
no

no team who has won an NBA finals should have an * with it. They played under the exact same conditions as every other team that season.

BDawk4Prez
06-17-2015, 09:00 AM
No.

GoferKing_
06-17-2015, 09:27 AM
Fair enough. Which NBA Championship teams do you feel had easier competition?

Ever heard of Miami with Wade, Bosh and LBJ?

LongIslandIcedZ
06-17-2015, 09:32 AM
Cant win it all without some good fortune.

valade16
06-17-2015, 09:38 AM

I disagree. I think that will be mentioned pretty much anytime someone brings up the Dubs title TBH.

Avenged
06-17-2015, 09:43 AM

Nah but asterisk on all Jordans Bulls titles. I mean, come on, they had ****ing Jordan, how is that even fair?

Gander13SM
06-17-2015, 10:19 AM
If the bulls beat the cavs...would you put an asterisks to that win? Man get the **** outta here

Sorry but I don't understand what point you're trying to make. And no, I wouldn't put an asterisks next to it. :/

cmellofan15
06-17-2015, 10:26 AM
Hahaha an asterisk, why? Did they all get roid'ed up before the games? Did I miss the part where they cheated?

Mell413
06-17-2015, 10:36 AM
No it shouldn't. Every title team has things go their way. They didn't cheat to win either. That said I had a bit of an empty feeling watching the series. I think in some conversations about this title there could be a "but" brought up.

effen5
06-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Sorry but I don't understand what point you're trying to make. And no, I wouldn't put an asterisks next to it. :/
I was asking him because he is a bulls fan. If the bulls beat the cavs and won the title...would he specifically put an asterisk on it

mavwar53
06-17-2015, 11:27 AM
Anyone who thinks there should be an asterisk is a moron or even think they got lucky, the played the team that actually made the 8th seed in the playoffs, is it their fault Westbrook was the 9th seed? Was it their fault Conley got hurt? Was it their fault the Rockets beat the Clippers? Was it their fault Kyrie and Love were injured? And don't bring up Verajao, they wouldn't have traded for Mozgov if it wasn't for Verajao's injury.

Fact is the Warriors were number 1 on offense and defense, had the deepest bench in the league, won many games in the high teens and 20's during the regular season so that starters could rest during the year, the coach wanted Andre healthy all year so they had him come off the bench. This is one of the smartest group of players and coaching staff ever with skill and heart but please stop discounting one of the greatest teams of All time when you look at the entire body of work.

8kobe24
06-17-2015, 11:32 AM
Take that asterisk and shove it up lequeen's arse. That's where asterisks belong.

Verbal Christ
06-17-2015, 01:17 PM
Injured Grizz - check
Injured Rox - check
Injured Cavs - check

papipapsmanny
06-17-2015, 01:21 PM
Nope, winning the West is harder than beating the Cavs.

In the Finals the games went by how good or ****** the Warriors played nothing else.

Also I could find any playoffs where someone was injured along the way.

c.c.
06-17-2015, 01:21 PM
1. miss a date with okc,

This

BKLYNpigeon
06-17-2015, 01:43 PM
Asterisk? stupid.

Lucky, a bit. they were the best team this year and they usually win in a 7 game series.

No body will remember a few years from now.

asandhu23
06-18-2015, 09:20 PM
Injured Grizz - check
Injured Rox - check
Injured Cavs - check

Is it really Warriors' fault that their roster was relatively healthier and these teams' rosters weren't? Get the **** out.

Warriors haven't won in a very long time. Let us enjoy this championship.

SportsFanatic10
06-18-2015, 09:32 PM
Titles are titles, I've never seen an asterisk beside one before when looking over the list of past champions. Most runs involve some type of luck, that's just how it works.

numba1CHANGsta
06-18-2015, 09:46 PM
LMAO @ this thread, LOL ok should the Heat have an asterisk next to their 2011-2012 Championship because of the shorten season thanks to the NBA lockout? That has a better chance of getting an asterisk than the Warriors ever getting one, not the Warriors fault they stayed healthy all season and the Cavs couldn't. Cavs fans need to stop crying, when Varejao went down they got Mazgov for nothing, Cavs got Smith and Shumpert for nothing, when Love went down Thompson stepped up really good and will now prob get paid good this offseason thanks to his performance. When Irving went down Delly stepped up as well. It isn't like these guys got injured and some scrubs were plugged into the lineup.

JordansBulls
06-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Um no. They had the best record. It only matters if you were a #2 seed or something and the #1 seed lost it's best player due to injur like what happened to the Bulls in 2012.

JordansBulls
06-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Um no. They had the best record. It only matters if you were a #2 seed or something and the #1 seed lost it's best player due to injury like what happened to the Bulls in 2012.

SportsFanatic10
06-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Um no. They had the best record. It only matters if you were a #2 seed or something and the #1 seed lost it's best player due to injury like what happened to the Bulls in 2012.

Um no it doesn't work like that either lol. If you wanna get all crazy like that then who's to say that a healthy Thunder team couldn't of ended up with the #1 seed this year.

G_S_W
06-18-2015, 10:57 PM

Garbage bait post.

nastynice
06-19-2015, 12:10 AM
I'm sorry, but the two times a series momentum shifted against them, we abso-****in-lutely obliterated them with 3 games of being in control damn near 48 min each game.

Is it normal for championship teams to get discredited by so many people? We miss one bad matchup in the Spurs, yet rolled thru our WORSE matchup in the grizz. Id wager the vast majority of teams didn have to go thru their top TWO toughest matchups to get a title, yet some how we are supposed to be discredited because we didn't. What bs.

nastynice
06-19-2015, 12:12 AM
The hate is real man. This team everyone loved the past couple yrs, but make playoff noise and succeed all of a sudden everyone has a problem.

Nothing like the lebron hate tho, haha, omg, that is something else. The guy can't even take a **** without someone criticizing his ******** technique or something, lol

Scoots
06-19-2015, 02:31 AM
The Warriors would have been favored against every team in the NBA in a playoff series ... so yes, there should be an asterisk, to denote how dominant they were against a very tough league.

Credit the Warriors playing the hare all season and forcing opponents to expend more energy just to compete and fatigue themselves down the stretch.