PDA

View Full Version : Iggy named Finals MVP

Clippersfan86
06-17-2015, 12:29 AM
Great story! Class act. So damn valuable.

InRoseWeTrust
06-17-2015, 12:30 AM
I've always admired his game. Awesome to see him get the nod.

lol, please
Congrats Iggy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well deserved.

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTar786
he deserved it too. im surprised the nba gave it to him

still1ballin
06-17-2015, 12:31 AM
:dance:

c.c.
06-17-2015, 12:32 AM
Bron or Curry should of got it but congrats to Iggy

LA_Raiders
06-17-2015, 12:33 AM
He was great on both O & D. Well deserved!

Alan Shore
06-17-2015, 12:33 AM
11 votes and zero went to steph.

They're killing LeBron though, two years in a row his direct match-up winning MVP.

Dade County
06-17-2015, 12:34 AM
It made me LoL when he got it.

If silver was in charge when the Lakers beat boston, Gasol would have a Final's Mvp too... LMAO

GREATNESS ONE
06-17-2015, 12:35 AM
Boom Shakalaka!

Bostonjorge
06-17-2015, 12:35 AM
Iggy owned James.

JordansBulls
06-17-2015, 12:36 AM
Here was the voting

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHrLoYpUYAAlpg9.jpg

TrueFan420
06-17-2015, 12:39 AM

If silver was in charge when the Lakers beat boston, Gasol would have a Final's Mvp too... LMAO

Gasol deserved an MVP nod

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2015, 12:39 AM
:laugh2:

Not 1 vote for Curry.

jerellh528
06-17-2015, 12:40 AM
Here was the voting

Holy crap lol, now I know 4 people to never pay attention to again.

Congrats to iggy! He's always been a personal fave, nice to see him get some recognition.

PowerHouse
06-17-2015, 12:41 AM
Here was the voting

Two things surprise me,

1. Zero votes for Curry was shocking

2. Lebron came pretty damn close!

blahblahyoutoo
06-17-2015, 12:42 AM
also well deserved for his trolling of lebron.

c.c.
06-17-2015, 12:45 AM
These Finals MVP awards is becoming a joke nowadays

Vinny642
06-17-2015, 12:46 AM
Iggy you are the man

Vinny642
06-17-2015, 12:46 AM

Elaborate?

JordansBulls
06-17-2015, 12:47 AM
I'm curious on how Steph got no votes? I honestly believe he didn't get votes so as not to take away from Iggy so that Lebron didn't have the most votes.

b_russ
06-17-2015, 12:47 AM
One of my top 5 players in the league!!! Congrats Iggy!

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2015, 12:52 AM
I'm curious on how Steph got no votes? I honestly believe he didn't get votes so as not to take away from Iggy so that Lebron didn't have the most votes.

A bit ridiculous if they did that.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2015, 12:52 AM
I did LOL at how Bleacher Report gets a vote. I mean Beck has a good reputation but BR?

JordansBulls
06-17-2015, 12:55 AM
How da ******* does Bleacher Report have a say? I didn't realize JVG got a vote either.

JNA17
06-17-2015, 01:00 AM
Holy crap lol, now I know 4 people to never pay attention to again.

Congrats to iggy! He's always been a personal fave, nice to see him get some recognition.

Jeff Van Gundy wants to coach the Cavs and his baby Lebron so bad it's almost cringe worthy.

Congrats to Iggy! Great story and screw the Sixers for treating him like crap.

Dade County
06-17-2015, 01:04 AM

I can agree with this. I thought about this for a spilt second; it just makes too much sense.

Redrum187
06-17-2015, 01:15 AM
Congratulations to Andre Iguodala. He has always been one of my favorite players. I'm so happy he's getting the respect he deserves.

goingfor28
06-17-2015, 01:21 AM
Deserved. Lebron got 4/11 votes too haha

Scoots
06-17-2015, 01:58 AM
Starts 3 of 6 finals games and wins the MVP. I love that he got the ring, the MVP is a bonus.

ewing
06-17-2015, 02:04 AM
i voted for Bogut. his not playing was huge

nastynice
06-17-2015, 03:10 AM
Iggyyy!! :clap::clap:

PurpleLynch
06-17-2015, 03:30 AM
Congrats to Iggy,one of my fav(and I noticed he's really popular on Psd,I'm glad,he's awesome!)

kobe4thewinbang
06-17-2015, 04:49 AM
Happy for him but let's be honest: LeBron's performance is mountains above Iguodala's. Averaged a huge triple double for 6 games. What a joke.

IKnowHoops
06-17-2015, 05:40 AM
11 votes and zero went to steph.

They're killing LeBron though, two years in a row his direct match-up winning MVP.

Thats why they got it. If you have to guard Lebron and your team wins, you get the MVP

Munkeysuit
06-17-2015, 05:53 AM
I will be honest with y'all...I thought Iggy was washed up, he proved me wrong! and in such a way that he now has my outmost respect. Congrats to Iggy, he deserves every shred of credit thrown his way.

JWO35
06-17-2015, 07:46 AM
Here was the voting

Respect for the Akron writer not being a Homer.

2-ONE-5
06-17-2015, 09:01 AM
Happy for him but let's be honest: LeBron's performance is mountains above Iguodala's. Averaged a huge triple double for 6 games. What a joke.

he lost and Iggy owned him

BDawk4Prez
06-17-2015, 09:15 AM
I had iggy as soon as he made his first start.

His numbers would look much better if he could make a FT.

kdspurman
06-17-2015, 09:29 AM
Very happy for Iggy. I'm glad they gave it to him.

Idk why Bron couldn't give him credit post game on his defense lol

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2015, 10:54 AM
Two things I really liked about this.

1. He was loyal to Philly and they did not appreciate him at all, so it was REALLY great to see him land somewhere that his skill set could be valued, and though (like Lee) he had to take a back seat all year, he got a chance to shine.

2. The voters have, in back-to-back finals, given the MVP to a guy who made a huge defensive impact. For this series, Iggy really was the deal breaker. Obviously you need everybody shooting the ball and passing like they have been all season, but if LBJ shooted .440 instead (which is still WELL below his season average) instead of .380, this series goes the other way, and without having to go into over time.

His defense on LBJ (the best player in the league) was the driving force for the Warriors this series.

Obviously a team effort, but it is nice to see voters recognizing how important the game is on the other end.

MonroeFAN
06-17-2015, 10:55 AM
He would have been my pick. He changed the series completely, and hit some really clutch shots.

I am surprised the NBA didn't give it to Curry though.

CELTICS4LYFE
06-17-2015, 11:19 AM
Back to back finals MVPs for the guy guarding Lebron

8kobe24
06-17-2015, 11:47 AM
I only thought it was proper. You can't give the finals MVP to the loser. Congrats to Iggy! Well deserved...

NYKnickFanatic
06-17-2015, 12:05 PM
Glad Iggy won it. He definitely deserved it!

NYKnickFanatic
06-17-2015, 12:06 PM
i voted for Bogut. his not playing was huge

:laugh2:

Scoots
06-17-2015, 12:36 PM
Do you think, with this new respect, people will stop calling him "Iggy" which he hates?

KnicksorBust
06-17-2015, 12:49 PM
First ever perimeter FMVP who gets intentional fouled at the end of games and has to be subbed out in the clinching game. Happy for him personally but one of the worst FMVPs in history.

SLY WILLIAMS
06-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Iggy had some very good moments but I felt the award could have went to Curry. Some of the passes he made last night were great. His series was good outside of game 2 where he was horrible.

MonroeFAN
06-17-2015, 12:55 PM

Because all you care about is meaningless stats?

Iggy was the difference maker.

NYKnickFanatic
06-17-2015, 01:02 PM
Do you think, with this new respect, people will stop calling him "Iggy" which he hates?

Nope.

Chronz
06-17-2015, 01:05 PM
Ive always loved Iggy. Think his defense is underrated even to this day. Looking at you Bruno

Gander13SM
06-17-2015, 01:05 PM
Hmm. If it had to go to someone from the winning team then Dre is clearly the right choice.

That being said I'm not convinced LeBron didn't deserve it. His performance deserves recognition. I haven't seen an individual performance in the finals like that since Shaq. It was just a one man display of epicness. No other player in this league can do what he did (although Davis might be able to some day).

On the flip side, I'm a huge Iguodala fan. And I feel like it's about time he won something worthwhile.

NYKnickFanatic
06-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Hmm. If it had to go to someone from the winning team then Dre is clearly the right choice.

That being said I'm not convinced LeBron didn't deserve it. His performance deserves recognition. I haven't seen an individual performance in the finals like that since Shaq. It was just a one man display of epicness. No other player in this league can do what he did (although Davis might be able to some day).

On the flip side, I'm a huge Iguodala fan. And I feel like it's about time he won something worthwhile.

He got four out of 11 votes. He got recognition.

Big Zo
06-17-2015, 01:34 PM
Ray Allen is the real MVP for not joining Cleveland.

Gander13SM
06-17-2015, 01:40 PM
Ray Allen is the real MVP for not joining Cleveland.

Wasn't he linked to the Warriors at one point? Wonder if he regrets not signing there.

AntiG
06-17-2015, 01:53 PM

Kobe was terrible for most of that series... Gasol was the only reason the Lakers beat us. He dominated KG with his rebounding and scoring.

2-ONE-5
06-17-2015, 01:59 PM
First ever perimeter FMVP who gets intentional fouled at the end of games and has to be subbed out in the clinching game. Happy for him personally but one of the worst FMVPs in history.

did you watch him play or nah?

tredigs
06-17-2015, 02:06 PM
An absolute joke to say Iggy was more valuable than Curry - who created 4 on 3's on nearly all his passing possessions - but what a series he had! Whatever works. Dubs get the W.

sportsfanatic99
06-17-2015, 03:10 PM
An absolute joke to say Iggy was more valuable than Curry - who created 4 on 3's on nearly all his passing possessions - but what a series he had! Whatever works. Dubs get the W.

he had to guard Lebron, who led everyone in point, rebounds and assists - first time anyone has done it.

Iggy was definitely more valuable to the team and this series. No Iggy, no championship - Lebron would have taken Green/Barnes/Thompson to school in the low post - Only Iggy was fast enough and physical enough to deal with him. Its not a playoffs MVP, its the Finals MVP.

Bruno
06-17-2015, 03:10 PM

the commish doesn't decide.

KnicksorBust
06-17-2015, 03:24 PM

did you watch him play or nah?

LOL. Do I have to answer this? Yes I watched every minute of every game of the finals. You watch? was he not intentionally fouled? did he not have to get subbed out in game 6 in the 4th quarter because he can't make free throws?

Bruno
06-17-2015, 03:25 PM
Ive always loved Iggy. Think his defense is underrated even to this day. Looking at you Bruno

what'd I say about him? I forgot

I came here to praise him:

https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/611027642909855744

if you're talking about what I was saying about LBJ, I was impressed with him because that style of play was basically his only option and he embraced it. i can think that LBJ was great for what he did in the context he did it in, but still of course recognize how brilliant a job Iggy did as his primary defender.

goingfor28
06-17-2015, 03:30 PM
How awkward would it have been if during the championship trophy celebration they asked lebron to come out and get the mvp trophy lol

flea
06-17-2015, 03:32 PM

Agreed, I think Iggy is one of those players who is just so well-rounded and high IQ that he plays way up above his numbers. Feel the same way about Battier - defense-first high IQ guys who do everything right on offense in spite of their relatively pedestrian (by NBA standards) raw ability. Different styles for sure, but similar comparison.

I think BPM can be really misleading for star players and guys you build around (which is why I prefer to weight team ratings for heavily in my mind for those guys) but for players like Iggy and Battier who neither have offenses nor defenses necessarily built around their skillset I think it's somewhat revealing. And both those guys kill BPM stats, even compared to a lot of other non-stars or lower end "stars" (Kevin Love and Goran Dragic, for example) that people think are really great. Teams are just always better when they are playing.

Well deserved, IMO. He would have been my pick.

nastynice
06-17-2015, 03:37 PM
LOL. Do I have to answer this? Yes I watched every minute of every game of the finals. You watch? was he not intentionally fouled? did he not have to get subbed out in game 6 in the 4th quarter because he can't make free throws?

Sooo, what I'm getting is that shaq should never have gotten a FMVP?

phantasyyy
06-17-2015, 04:02 PM

and.. whats your point? lol they won they game did they not? you could argue his contributions were the reason why the began fouling early in the first place to stop the rhythm because he had help them build that lead. lol

what a terrible argument for him not winning FMVP.

KnicksorBust
06-17-2015, 04:08 PM

Sooo, what I'm getting is that shaq should never have gotten a FMVP?

Lmao shaq and iggy are comparable? I am sorry I cant take this seriously.

KnicksorBust
06-17-2015, 04:08 PM

and.. whats your point? lol they won they game did they not? you could argue his contributions were the reason why the began fouling early in the first place to stop the rhythm because he had help them build that lead. lol

what a terrible argument for him not winning FMVP.

And why did Iggy have so many assists and wide open looks? Can you explain that?

numba1CHANGsta
06-17-2015, 04:10 PM
Curry should have won it, I mean LeBron did avg over 30 points in this series, so how did Iggy shut LeBron down exactly?

jerellh528
06-17-2015, 04:16 PM
Curry should have won it, I mean LeBron did avg over 30 points in this series, so how did Iggy shut LeBron down exactly?

Making him take out of character shots and shoot 38% from the field.

tredigs
06-17-2015, 04:58 PM
he had to guard Lebron, who led everyone in point, rebounds and assists - first time anyone has done it.

Iggy was definitely more valuable to the team and this series. No Iggy, no championship - Lebron would have taken Green/Barnes/Thompson to school in the low post - Only Iggy was fast enough and physical enough to deal with him. Its not a playoffs MVP, its the Finals MVP.

Iggy was in no way shape or form more important to the Warriors success. He took what was given to him offensively (primarily orchestrated by Curry's double teamed passing honestly), and was fantastic defensively, but as you said Lebron averaged a triple double. The guy he guarded people are arguing as having the best series of any player ever (totally disagree, but that's the narrative). Seems conflicting, no?

SeoulBeatz
06-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Jeff Van Gundy wants to coach the Cavs and his baby Lebron so bad it's almost cringe worthy.

Congrats to Iggy! Great story and screw the Sixers for treating him like crap.

huh?

Avenged
06-17-2015, 05:31 PM
How exactly did iggy play this out of this universe defense when all of you are saying Lebron put up one of the best finals of all time...

KnicksorBust
06-17-2015, 05:32 PM

Iggy was in no way shape or form more important to the Warriors success. He took what was given to him offensively (primarily orchestrated by Curry's double teamed passing honestly), and was fantastic defensively, but as you said Lebron averaged a triple double. The guy he guarded people are arguing as having the best series of any player ever (totally disagree, but that's the narrative). Seems conflicting, no?

Who would you have voted for?

KnicksorBust
06-17-2015, 05:32 PM
How exactly did iggy play this out of this universe defense when all of you are saying Lebron put up one of the best finals of all time...

Ding ding ding. Curry FMVP.

Bruno
06-17-2015, 05:34 PM

i don't think it is. LBJ was excellent in total production, struggled in efficiency. if Cleveland is more efficient, maybe they push it to seven or win.

Curry did outperform Iggy by 3-4 points in average game score for the series, so i won't debate you too hard. my gut was telling me Iggy all series, and was hoping game score would confirm that. on average, it didn't. but when you consider defensive contributions...

a few great players have lost finals MVPs to their teammates, Magic, Duncan.

ultimately, if Delly didn't do what he did to Curry to open the series, I don't think were having this conversation. because if Curry busts Delly from day one of the series then Golden State never alters their scheme making Iggy that much more important.

sportsfanatic99
06-17-2015, 05:35 PM

not really, he made Lebron a volume shooter and actually challenged every play Lebron had.

Without Iggy, its conceivable Lebron that Lebron increase his FG% and average 50+ points possibly and with the way things were going in the first 3-4 games, possibly a Cavaliers championship.

I don't see Green stepping up as he can't match Lebron's first step. it would have a been a disaster without Iggy,

Bruno
06-17-2015, 05:35 PM
i disagree with you guys on that being conflicting. i think its more complex...

kdspurman
06-17-2015, 05:37 PM

But Iggy wasn't guarding him the whole time. And he didn't exactly shoot lights out, so he made him miss more shots than he made. I think something like under 40% when Iggy guarded him. That's about all you can do when you're guarding the elite guys.

sportsfanatic99
06-17-2015, 05:44 PM

still didn't get a vote. get over it.

Bruno
06-17-2015, 05:48 PM

but isn't it silly that he didn't? I support Iggy getting the trophy but it is a little... strange, how Curry doesn't get one vote. I think he was written off after game two and that if Iggy didn't become a good option, it would have gone to LeBron.

LeBron was the most valuable player in the series, if we want to be literal about it.

KnicksorBust
06-17-2015, 05:55 PM

Lmfao. When the best player in the world gets passed over for FMVP someone needs to bring it up. :)

Chronz
06-17-2015, 06:12 PM
what'd I say about him? I forgot

I came here to praise him:

https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/611027642909855744

if you're talking about what I was saying about LBJ, I was impressed with him because that style of play was basically his only option and he embraced it. i can think that LBJ was great for what he did in the context he did it in, but still of course recognize how brilliant a job Iggy did as his primary defender.
It had to do With those years you dropped him down a peg when klay was checking the diminutive players instead of He

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-17-2015, 06:28 PM
Well deserved after locking bron up

JNA17
06-17-2015, 07:16 PM
Kobe was terrible for most of that series...

That selective memory. Kobe was the finals MVP heading into game 7 of that series whether Lakers won or lost.

In any case, congrats to Iggy.

tredigs
06-17-2015, 07:22 PM
Who would you have voted for?
Best player on the winning team, so Curry. If we went into the series knowing 0 about Iggy or Curry, I guarantee Curry wins it. Inflated expectations cost him, but honestly it's great Iggy won. He had a decent case and I think it only strengthens them as a team.

sf-fanatic
06-17-2015, 07:45 PM
Glad Iggy won it.

He looked lost in his role last year and there were comments here and there that he was declining and wasn't worth the contract. I still think it was random how the Warriors ended up with him in the 2013 offseason, when there were no rumors that linked him to them. It was all Josh Smith and Dwight.

2-ONE-5
06-17-2015, 08:36 PM

might wanna check the shooting numbers there. most NBA players can score 30+ when they are taking 30+ shots

QueensG_718
06-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Curry should of got it. Its crazy that he didnt get 1 vote...it was 7 for iggy and 4 for bron. 11 votes in total

G_S_W
06-25-2015, 03:53 PM
Curry was the true MVP of this series.

The voting was horrendous: 7 votes for Iggy because he locked down Lebron. 4 votes for Lebron because he dominated the series. Absolutely atrocious.

You could tell Steph was disappointed by the voting but obviously he couldn't say so.

This doesn't affect team chemistry even in the slightest, and it probably even boosts team chemistry, but Curry was the real MVP of the finals.

nastynice
06-25-2015, 09:32 PM
Lmao shaq and iggy are comparable? I am sorry I cant take this seriously.

If you can take iggys ft% as a reason to not win FMVP, then you should certainly be able to take THIS seriously.