PDA

View Full Version : Cavs need to be smart

More-Than-Most
06-17-2015, 12:07 AM
They need to let Love go and get some all around depth... This is why the big 3 crap is so horrible because if there is ever an injury you suffer so very badly.... Go out and get yourself a PG and some fillers and this team with James/Kyrie and a Bench can actually contend against the west.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2015, 12:08 AM
Keep Love. Just get someone better than JR and Shump, lol.

xnick5757
06-17-2015, 12:08 AM
they already have a point guard, and letting love walk is simply not an option

kozelkid
06-17-2015, 12:15 AM
They need to let Love go and get some all around depth... This is why the big 3 crap is so horrible because if there is ever an injury you suffer so very badly.... Go out and get yourself a PG and some fillers and this team with James/Kyrie and a Bench can actually contend against the west.

Surprisingly, I completely agree. In other words, don't try to trade Love for LMA. Just get depth which makes Boston a very appealing trade partner for them. Thompson and Mozgov proved that they are both more than good enough. They just better pray that Irving can stay healthy.

Otherwise, they got some great offensive rebounders to let their perimeter players spread the floor and go bombs away.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-17-2015, 12:16 AM
Keep Love. Just get someone better than JR and Shump, lol.

JR and Shump weren't bad when they were the 5th and 6th options and not the 2nd and 3rd.

GiantsSwaGG
06-17-2015, 12:17 AM
First fire LeBron as GM

bad move trading Wiggins for love
Trading for JR and Shump basically killed their chances at winning a championship

xnick5757
06-17-2015, 12:18 AM
JR and Shump weren't bad when they were the 5th and 6th options and not the 2nd and 3rd.

^^

In the second half of the season once everything clicked the Cavs were unstoppable. Just unfortunate that injuries got in the way

GiantsSwaGG
06-17-2015, 12:18 AM

They're dumb basketball players that have no business on the court

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2015, 12:22 AM

Yea but they are inconsistent, even as 5th and 6th option.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-17-2015, 12:22 AM
They're dumb basketball players that have no business on the court

lol I mean, they're not the best players but they're quality rotation guys. the Cavs went 34-9 in their last 43 games (and a few of those losses were with the big 3 not playing).

LA_Raiders
06-17-2015, 12:23 AM
Yes, stop letting Lebron being the GM. Love injured, shump and JR are thrash when it matters.

They need a real coach. A coach that plays a player for more than 45min constantly is not a coach. He was trying to have Lebron save his ***, but he got tried on a couple games.

Cal827
06-17-2015, 12:23 AM
No they don't. It's always more entertaining when a team ****s themselves up even more so that Cleveland might have with the Wiggins deal (seeing they didn't need Love to get to the Finals).

I do hope for their fans sake, that Thompson didn't reject that 4/52 mill contract earlier in the season to seek a bigger deal.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-17-2015, 12:24 AM
Yea but they are inconsistent, even as 5th and 6th option.

Like I said in the other post, they were arguably the best team to close out the season and they were doing pretty good for their roles. If Love wants to be there, hold on to him and get that MLE guy who is desperate to win and re-sign TT and they'll be a lock to come out of the East barring injuries.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2015, 12:31 AM
Like I said in the other post, they were arguably the best team to close out the season and they were doing pretty good for their roles. If Love wants to be there, hold on to him and get that MLE guy who is desperate to win and re-sign TT and they'll be a lock to come out of the East barring injuries.

Yea but there's really better people out there than them. Even if they were the 6th option, I don't want his inconsistency.

Wade n Fade
06-17-2015, 12:42 AM
It will be tough once Lebron and Love bail.

Bostonjorge
06-17-2015, 12:46 AM
Yes the need to be smart. There to dump.

mngopher35
06-17-2015, 12:58 AM
Letting Love walk does nothing for them though does it? They wouldn't have cap space with Lebron, kyrie, tt extension, varejao, and like 5+ mil per moz, jr, shump...

I would try and keep Love/TT/Moz as my front court. I think if Cleveland was healthy they would have won this season (just opinion) so I don't think they should change much up.

ewing
06-17-2015, 12:59 AM
No they don't. It's always more entertaining when a team ****s themselves up even more so that Cleveland might have with the Wiggins deal (seeing they didn't need Love to get to the Finals).

I do hope for their fans sake, that Thompson didn't reject that 4/52 mill contract earlier in the season to seek a bigger deal.

What they going to do with Thompson is a question. I really think the dude already has the touch and footwork to be a serviable offensive player he is just a little dumb with the ball right now, otherwise he is fantastic. he is elite on the backboard, and defends everywhere including on the break. hit the glass that hard and get back and pick guards like that.

ewing
06-17-2015, 01:00 AM
Yea but there's really better people out there than them. Even if they were the 6th option, I don't want his inconsistency.

dude Bron deserves at least 6 allstars

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2015, 01:01 AM

Or more consistent players.

No one deserves Iman and JR.

ewing
06-17-2015, 01:04 AM
Or more consistent players.

No one deserves Iman and JR.

if you want to be an idoit you can say that but they are clearly NBA players

Yanks All Day
06-17-2015, 08:39 AM

LeBron James, Tristan Thompson, and Timofey Mosgov just competed with the best the West had to offer.

If he had 1 of either Kyrie or Love, they might have actually won the series. Think about it. They were missing 3 opening night starters. Anderson Varejao is one of the best pick-and-roll defenders in the NBA. Unsurprisingly, the Warriors ran a lot of screen and rolls for their bigs as the series went along. That's another huge loss. The Cavaliers just became a team that, while talented, only had 1 playmaker. The Warriors had 4 or 5 true playmakers. The only guy on Cleveland who could create his own shot not named LeBron was JR Smith. Seriously. JR Smith. Everyone else had to be put in their position of strength to score. The Dubs had guys like Green, Barnes, Iggy, and Barbosa creating their own offense outside of Curry and Klay. The Cavs were limited. The Warriors weren't.

If everyone comes back healthy, you have a lineup of Kyrie-Shumpert-LeBron-Love-Thompson-Mosgov-Varejao-Smith-Dellavedova-Jones. That could beat any team in the NBA. The problem with the Finals is that they lost their 2nd and 3rd options and guys who would normally be 4th and 5th options and only contribute 7 or 8 points per game had to become 2nd options and try to put up 20+.

Depth killed the Cavs, but it wasn't because their full team didn't have talent. They were just hurt. Realistically, Cleveland needs a backup point guard who can play some offense. Dellavedova is way too limited there to make his chippy defense worth having on the court for 20+ minutes. Otherwise, if a shortened playoff rotation looked like Kyrie-Shumpert-LeBron-Love-Mosgov-Thompson-Smith-Varejao-(insert scoring guard here), that's a really, really good team.

Rivera
06-17-2015, 08:47 AM
Op has no idea what he's saying. He just wants to continue to post so his voice is heard. With love and kyrie heathy you have a lunch of delly jr and Thompson which is more than enough in today's nba. Add that varejao will play much less min because of their big rotation and Cleveland is fine. It's a completely different series

Even if love leaves they still have to pay Thompson so where's the money to buy depth ??

nycericanguy
06-17-2015, 09:06 AM

He wants MAX reportedly.

CAVS are in a tough spot... Lebron said TT has to be a CAV for life... so CLE will have to give TT what he wants because we know Lebron has that opt out and we know he has Gilbert by the balls.

Earlier in the year TT looked like a moron for turning down 4/52m, but now he is viewed much more favorably and he proved he's a beast on the boards and maybe even a better fit than Love. Will the Cavs pay TT AND LOve max? are they going to carry 4 MAX players?

infernoscurse
06-17-2015, 09:13 AM
lebron needs to opt out and join the Knicks to vlidate his greatness

GiantsSwaGG
06-17-2015, 09:33 AM
He wants MAX reportedly.

CAVS are in a tough spot... Lebron said TT has to be a CAV for life... so CLE will have to give TT what he wants because we know Lebron has that opt out and we know he has Gilbert by the balls.

Earlier in the year TT looked like a moron for turning down 4/52m, but now he is viewed much more favorably and he proved he's a beast on the boards and maybe even a better fit than Love. Will the Cavs pay TT AND LOve max? are they going to carry 4 MAX players?

The Cavs or any team would be stupid to give Thompson the max

nycericanguy
06-17-2015, 09:40 AM
The Cavs or any team would be stupid to give Thompson the max

ehh he showed he's a beast on the boards and a good defensive player. he's not worth max but he's a 24 year old big so you know how that goes.

CAVS already offered him $13m when his value was lower, his max is 15.7m. I think he'll get max or close to it.

RLundi
06-17-2015, 09:42 AM

No, this was simply a case of bad luck and injuries. The team they had going into the playoffs was good enough to win the championship. It just so happens they had some unfortunate occurrences. If this same exact team comes back healthy, I don't see how they aren't the favorites, contingent upon other teams making major moves, that is.

GiantsSwaGG
06-17-2015, 09:56 AM
ehh he showed he's a beast on the boards and a good defensive player. he's not worth max but he's a 24 year old big so you know how that goes.

CAVS already offered him $13m when his value was lower, his max is 15.7m. I think he'll get max or close to it.

He's great on the boards because he went up against a small line up. i wouldn't pay a rebounder a max contract, Cavs offered him 13 mill dollars, same team that traded for JR smith and Iman Shumpert, James is a horrible GM. They should of kept Wiggins imo