PDA

View Full Version : Who was better in the finals- 2006 Wade vs 2015 LeBron?

MTar786
06-16-2015, 05:13 AM
why? and explain

Raps08-09 Champ
06-16-2015, 05:18 AM
Wade was more efficient but Lebron IS the Cavs offense right now. He's getting more out of his teammates than Wade ever could and certainly has the heavier workload to score the ball.

MTar786
06-16-2015, 06:03 AM
Wade was more efficient but Lebron IS the Cavs offense right now. He's getting more out of his teammates than Wade ever could and certainly has the heavier workload to score the ball.

but wade pretty much single-handedly won miami its first championship. lebrons numbers are better besides his shooting.. but wades to me was way more impressive.. unless lebron wins the next two games somehow

Raps08-09 Champ
06-16-2015, 06:16 AM
Of course you want Wades to be more impressive.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-16-2015, 06:35 AM
Wade's performance, while impressive in its own right, is easier to replicate than Lebron's performance. Lebron could mimic Wades production but Wade can't do Lebrons. Probably more players could support Wades performance but not as much for Lebrons performance.

That's the simple and easy reason why Lebrons is more impressives

Thumper 88
06-16-2015, 09:49 AM
No one can deny that the refs where giving Wade everything. I give Wade credit for running with it but LeBron is more impressive atm.

JordansBulls
06-16-2015, 04:04 PM
Wade's performance of course. Cleveland won those games because of there defense not Lebron. Lebron was 11-35 in the game they won in GS.

bucketss
06-16-2015, 04:06 PM
wade played with shaq, lebron is playing with deledova nuff said.

lol, please
06-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Wade and it's really not close.

papipapsmanny
06-16-2015, 04:27 PM
Probably Lebron, but can we please stop giving Lebron a pass on his awfully ineffiecent shooting (41.9%) because he is shooting so much (26.9 FGA)

In 93 Jordan averaged 27.8 FGA and shot at a 47.5% rate, and yes everyone was trying to double team him too.

Wade was great and way more efficient, but Lebron does have him on Assist and rebounds

Vee-Rex
06-16-2015, 04:35 PM
Bron.

Lebron is shooting 41% this series and Jordan shot 41% in the '96 finals (with Pippen playing... it's not like his 2nd and 3rd options were injured) yet you never ever hear anyone (even at that time) hate on Jordan as much.

Let's face it, LBJ will get more heat no matter how he perform because people hate him. Some of the hate he gets is deserved... some of it not so much.

jerellh528
06-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Bron.

Lebron is shooting 41% this series and Jordan shot 41% in the '96 finals (with Pippen playing... it's not like his 2nd and 3rd options were injured) yet you never ever hear anyone (even at that time) hate on Jordan as much.

Let's face it, LBJ will get more heat no matter how he perform because people hate him. Some of the hate he gets is deserved... some of it not so much.

Didn't you say this?

Playing a full game of basketball can be quite tiring. Running around non-stop, trying to get open around screens, cutting, running up the floor for defense, running up the floor for offense. It tires you out.

When one player is taking such a high volume of shots, the team itself will start to slow down and move less. They'll watch or wait for a pass, but their movement reduces significantly. Afterall, why work so hard when you're tired and one person is gonna shoot anyway? Why fight for good position beneath the basket in case you get a pass when one player is gonna shoot anyway?

If one player is going to take a high volume of shots, shooting at 48% is not great for the team. He's no longer playing in rhythm of the game. If you're going to sacrifice offensive fluidity then it better be for a highly efficient shooting game.

Teams regularly shoot 45'ish percent and the ball movement from a TEAM doing so keeps the defense moving and working. If one player is doing it at nearly the same efficiency, he's not actually helping the team like you would think because the teammates start lulling and the opposing team's defense doesn't have to work as hard.

Not knocking Westy's performance since as an individual performance it's still solid, but it's not very impressive and doesn't help the team as much as people think. If any struggles to understand why then they probably haven't really experienced intense back-n-forth basketball games first hand.

You do not take 30+ shots unless you are on fire/shooting very well. The team doesn't stay hungry and becomes lethargic, and the defense doesn't work nearly as hard. Like... wow, people really haven't played any basketball in their lives if they don't know this. Team rhythm most certainly exists. Here's Frank Vogel's thoughts:

"We didn't really mind he was the only guy going. He scored 29 in the first half that we were winning. If he's going to take 43 shots, he's going to score a lot of points and nobody else on the court will get into a rhythm."

Interesting how your views change when Westbrook shoots 48%, vs lebron averaging what 32 shots a game shooting like 40% and now he's having a great series huh? Lol

mngopher35
06-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Both were very good series, that's for sure.

I think lebron has a worse cast around him and is going against a better team. Statistically it is close as wade has been more efficient while lebron has been higher volume but as we all know it can be easier offensively with better teammates and going against a worse defense (was Dallas even top 10?).

As big of a deal as some people are making about this cavs defense (overrated at this point) Dallas offense dropped off more from an efficiency standpoint than golden state has this series.

Personally it is also hard to forget about all the calls from 06. The other things I mentioned are obviously more of a factor but this sticks in people's memories.

Hawkeye15
06-16-2015, 05:51 PM
Considering the support, LeBron. Give him Shaq from that year and the paint suddenly opens up like the Red Sea like it did for Wade. Give him a crumbling Dallas team going against the refs more than they were their opponent, and watch what he does...

Obviously Wade had one of the greatest Finals ever for an individual. But the load LeBron is carrying right now has never been approached by a single player.

Hawkeye15
06-16-2015, 05:52 PM
Both were very good series, that's for sure.

I think lebron has a worse cast around him and is going against a better team. Statistically it is close as wade has been more efficient while lebron has been higher volume but as we all know it can be easier offensively with better teammates and going against a worse defense (was Dallas even top 10?).

As big of a deal as some people are making about this cavs defense (overrated at this point) Dallas offense dropped off more from an efficiency standpoint than golden state has this series.

Personally it is also hard to forget about all the calls from 06. The other things I mentioned are obviously more of a factor but this sticks in people's memories.

you are way smarter than that haha

valade16
06-16-2015, 06:01 PM
Wade's performance of course. Cleveland won those games because of there defense not Lebron. Lebron was 11-35 in the game they won in GS.

This is the Cavs offensive stats when James sits:

Per http://NBA.com , Cleveland's O in the 22 minutes LBJ hasn't played in Finals:

18.2 FG%, 00.0 3pt%, 54.6 pts/100 poss, -39.2 net.

They won with defense sure but without Bron if they had held GS to 60 points it wouldn't have mattered because they'd have only scored 54.

LeBron is 80% of 50% of the game for the Cavs (and 80% is no exaggeration. Last game he scored or assisted on 70 of Cleveland's 92 points or something like that).

papipapsmanny
06-16-2015, 06:04 PM
What if Curry goes off for 32 points with 8 assists and 5 rebounds

He would be at 27-5-5 roughly with around 1.5 steals possibly over 46% for the series if he shoots well tonight.

Maybe not the best but pretty damn good

papipapsmanny
06-16-2015, 06:05 PM

Per http://NBA.com , Cleveland's O in the 22 minutes LBJ hasn't played in Finals:

They won with defense sure but without Bron if they had held GS to 60 points it wouldn't have mattered because they'd have only scored 54.

LeBron is 80% of 50% of the game for the Cavs (and 80% is no exaggeration. Last game he scored or assisted on 70 of Cleveland's 92 points or something like that).

There is absolutely no way to prove that if Lebron didn't play at all

valade16
06-16-2015, 06:08 PM
There is absolutely no way to prove that if Lebron didn't play at all

Of course not, it's purely my opinion but we can use objective statistics to form that opinion.

Look at those numbers they put up without LeBron. Those would easily be the worst numbers of any offense in NBA history.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-16-2015, 06:08 PM
Probably Lebron, but can we please stop giving Lebron a pass on his awfully ineffiecent shooting (41.9%) because he is shooting so much (26.9 FGA)

In 93 Jordan averaged 27.8 FGA and shot at a 47.5% rate, and yes everyone was trying to double team him too.

Wade was great and way more efficient, but Lebron does have him on Assist and rebounds

Lol well that's Jordan. Everyone else would be just as inefficient (most likely worse), given his offensive workload.

jerellh528
06-16-2015, 06:11 PM

Wades cast only gave him 1.9 points more than lebrons has this series on average. Both teams averaged 92.8 ppg. Wade essentially was the production for them as well, minus 1.9 points per game. But cavs are better defensively and rebounding, and they're facing a really cold Jump shooting team. Lebron has played awesome tho. Second leading scorer on cavs: 13.4, on heat: 13.8

MTar786
06-16-2015, 06:15 PM
Of course you want Wades to be more impressive.

Dude ur an idiot. The point of this thread is that these two are comparable. If one is better than the other then I would give them their due. Unless Lebron wins them the finals then il consider Lebron being more impressive. But as of now it's Wade for me

valade16
06-16-2015, 06:16 PM
Wades cast only gave him 1.9 points more than lebrons has this series on average. Both teams averaged 92.8 ppg. Wade essentially was the production for them as well, minus 1.9 points per game. But cavs are better defensively and rebounding, and they're facing a really cold Jump shooting team. Lebron has played awesome tho.

I'd be curious to see the Heat's offensive efficiency with Wade off the floor.

Also, while that's true Wade is essentially matching LeBron's points output (on better efficiency too) he was not nearly the facilitator Bron has been. Wade averaged 3.8 APG while LeBron is averaging 8.8.

So Wade was responsible for 42.3 PPG via points scored and assists. LeBron is responsible for 54.2 PPG via points scored and assists.

He is in essence producing Wade's scoring load from that series but also producing the facilitating role of a top level PG.

jerellh528
06-16-2015, 06:16 PM
Lol well that's Jordan. Everyone else would be just as inefficient (most likely worse), given his offensive workload.

Not really. Don't know how you came up with that.

jerellh528
06-16-2015, 06:23 PM

Also, while that's true Wade is essentially matching LeBron's points output (on better efficiency too) he was not nearly the facilitator Bron has been. Wade averaged 3.8 APG while LeBron is averaging 8.8.

So Wade was responsible for 42.3 PPG via points scored and assists. LeBron is responsible for 54.2 PPG via points scored and assists.

He is in essence producing Wade's scoring load from that series but also producing the facilitating role of a top level PG.

Good point, his usage is insane. Luckily he has a big in mozgov shooting over .600 from the field too.

Redrum187
06-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Wade's stats are impressive. Even ignoring the fact the refs wouldn't let the Mavs within 3 feet of Wade before calling a foul, he still isn't producing like LeBron James is this Finals.

I'm not sure if this is the greatest NBA Final's perference in history, but I'm open to seeing WHICH player in NBA Finals history has the best performance of all time. Those saying "He's doing good, but it's not the best"... which is the best? Definitely better than Wade's 06. 03' Duncan perhaps?

Raps08-09 Champ
06-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Not really. Don't know how you came up with that.

There's really no one out there that's enough of a complete player to replicate all of Lebron's production scoring, rebounding and passing wise outside of Jordan. Maybe Larry Bird.

Redrum187
06-16-2015, 06:29 PM

You also have to recalibrate it for per 100 possessions which would make James' numbers even more superior as he's doing it on fewer possessions if I'm not mistaken.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-16-2015, 06:32 PM
Dude ur an idiot. The point of this thread is that these two are comparable. If one is better than the other then I would give them their due. Unless Lebron wins them the finals then il consider Lebron being more impressive. But as of now it's Wade for me

The problem is you want to compare individual feats to say who was better but want to factor in team success to determine which individual performance is more impressive. Sure Wade won, but he was more likely to win than Lebron ever was. Lebron could probably replicate Wade's performance more than Wade could ever replicate Lebron's performance. Just because it's a losing effort for Lebron doesn't mean it's not more impressive than Wade.

ManRam
06-16-2015, 06:35 PM
Probably Wade slightly. I think strong arguments can be made both ways...so I won't really say anything more. Probably comes down to preference. Hyper efficiency vs. all-around play. And your feelings towards FT attempts. LeBron has been very good, but the inefficiency, even with the burden he's carrying, still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-16-2015, 06:36 PM

It'd be a lot higher if his teammates would stopped missing like 20 open shots from the field per game.

Vee-Rex
06-16-2015, 06:36 PM
Didn't you say this?

Playing a full game of basketball can be quite tiring. Running around non-stop, trying to get open around screens, cutting, running up the floor for defense, running up the floor for offense. It tires you out.

When one player is taking such a high volume of shots, the team itself will start to slow down and move less. They'll watch or wait for a pass, but their movement reduces significantly. Afterall, why work so hard when you're tired and one person is gonna shoot anyway? Why fight for good position beneath the basket in case you get a pass when one player is gonna shoot anyway?

If one player is going to take a high volume of shots, shooting at 48% is not great for the team. He's no longer playing in rhythm of the game. If you're going to sacrifice offensive fluidity then it better be for a highly efficient shooting game.

Teams regularly shoot 45'ish percent and the ball movement from a TEAM doing so keeps the defense moving and working. If one player is doing it at nearly the same efficiency, he's not actually helping the team like you would think because the teammates start lulling and the opposing team's defense doesn't have to work as hard.

Not knocking Westy's performance since as an individual performance it's still solid, but it's not very impressive and doesn't help the team as much as people think. If any struggles to understand why then they probably haven't really experienced intense back-n-forth basketball games first hand.

You do not take 30+ shots unless you are on fire/shooting very well. The team doesn't stay hungry and becomes lethargic, and the defense doesn't work nearly as hard. Like... wow, people really haven't played any basketball in their lives if they don't know this. Team rhythm most certainly exists. Here's Frank Vogel's thoughts:

"We didn't really mind he was the only guy going. He scored 29 in the first half that we were winning. If he's going to take 43 shots, he's going to score a lot of points and nobody else on the court will get into a rhythm."

Interesting how your views change when Westbrook shoots 48%, vs lebron averaging what 32 shots a game shooting like 40% and now he's having a great series huh? Lol

Westbrook attacks defenses by looking to shoot within 6 seconds of passing the half court line. LeBron is usually trying to get other teammates involved, and usually he takes a shot towards the end of shot clocks.

Context means everything.

That's LBJ's teammates. They're built around him creating for them.

The Thunder aren't built around Westbrook creating for them.

jerellh528
06-16-2015, 06:40 PM
Westbrook attacks defenses by looking to shoot within 6 seconds of passing the half court line. LeBron is usually trying to get other teammates involved, and usually he takes a shot towards the end of shot clocks.

Context means everything.

Redrum187
06-16-2015, 06:40 PM
Probably Wade slightly. I think strong arguments can be made both ways...so I won't really say anything more. Probably comes down to preference. Hyper efficiency vs. all-around play. And your feelings towards FT attempts. LeBron has been very good, but the inefficiency, even with the burden he's carrying, still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

And feelings about refs, and feelings of having Shaq as your Robin vs Dellavedova, and feelings of playing against Dirk and Jason Terry versus GSW's all star starting lineup.

I agree, if you don't care about overall game production, quality of opponents, a great 2nd option and supporting cast, then it really because a wash between Wade and LeBron.

But if hyper efficient balances out all the other variables, then you must think LeBron James is the GOAT considering he is normally hyper efficient.

ManRam
06-16-2015, 06:45 PM
And feelings about refs, and feelings of having Shaq as your Robin vs Dellavedova, and feelings of playing against Dirk and Jason Terry versus GSW's all star starting lineup. I agree, if you don't care about overall game production, quality of opponents, and supporting cast, then it really because a wash between Wade and LeBron.

Totally agree. His supporting cast was better (though, not great).

I still think he was better. But I'm not arguing passionately about it because it is very close and circumstances and the results were very different. It's not comparing apples to apples.

And, yes, he got calls, but he forced refs to make a decision far more than most anyone I've ever watched in a Finals. His aggression was absurd. He deserved to shoot a TON of FTs. Maybe not however many he attempted a game (like 15?). Maybe a couple less. But that difference is NOT changing much.

MTar786
06-16-2015, 06:51 PM
The problem is you want to compare individual feats to say who was better but want to factor in team success to determine which individual performance is more impressive. Sure Wade won, but he was more likely to win than Lebron ever was. Lebron could probably replicate Wade's performance more than Wade could ever replicate Lebron's performance. Just because it's a losing effort for Lebron doesn't mean it's not more impressive than Wade.

You are entitled to your own opinion but clearly most here don't think the way you do lol.. Because to me it seems some say Wade and some say Bron. Sorry to burst your bubble buddy

xnick5757
06-16-2015, 06:53 PM
Lebron and I honestly don't think its that close.

via 538 (http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/heres-another-story-about-how-great-lebron-james-is/)

"Through the first five games, James has gathered an incredible 18 percent of all the points scored, assists dished and rebounds collected by anyone in this series. If that stands, it will be 1.1 percentage points higher than the next highest over the past 46 years (since they started having a finals MVP in 1969)."

That's just absolutely insane (06 Wade was 15.3%, if you were wondering)

Also this

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/morris-datalab-lebron2.png?w=610&h=565

Raps08-09 Champ
06-16-2015, 07:03 PM
You are entitled to your own opinion but clearly most here don't think the way you do lol.. Because to me it seems some say Wade and some say Bron. Sorry to burst your bubble buddy

I never said that they had to think like me. Of course Wade has a case, I never said he didn't. Stop talking **** I never said.

You said which individual performance was better but you want factor in team accomplishments without using context. You literally said Lebron has to win to be the better performance as if that's the only way he would have performed better. Players perform on worse teams all the time. If you switched Wade and Lebron but the results were the same (Wade with the Cavs this year losing and Lebron won with the Heat in 2006), does Wade losing take away from the performance he's had? Of course not. He still performed the same way. The situation was just different.

mngopher35
06-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Wades cast only gave him 1.9 points more than lebrons has this series on average. Both teams averaged 92.8 ppg. Wade essentially was the production for them as well, minus 1.9 points per game. But cavs are better defensively and rebounding, and they're facing a really cold Jump shooting team. Lebron has played awesome tho. Second leading scorer on cavs: 13.4, on heat: 13.8

I see someone already pointed out the assists and Lebron creating more offense but I want to focus on this part.

The Warriors are averaging 99.8 ppg on an ortg of 107 (compared to 111.6 regular season). Dallas on the other hand averaged 91.8 ppg on an ortg of 99.9 (compared to 111.8 regular season). This was also after Dallas killed the suns and SA with a 114 ortg in those west series. Dallas clearly dropped off far more offensively than Golden state has so why do you think Clevelands defense has been better? The rebounding differential is also about the same (slightly favoring Miami) but Lebron has contributed more than Wade in that aspect anyways.

I think people are overrating the cavs defense at this point.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2015, 07:06 PM

I remember when you use to be such a good poster but when it comes to lebron you lose any type of ability to discuss anything without hate.

ManRam
06-16-2015, 07:11 PM
I remember when you use to be such a good poster but when it comes to lebron you lose any type of ability to discuss anything without hate.

You misremember ;)

But he at least wasn't laughable.

MTar786
06-16-2015, 07:17 PM
I never said that they had to think like me. Of course Wade has a case, I never said he didn't. Stop talking **** I never said.

You said which individual performance was better but you want factor in team accomplishments without using context. You literally said Lebron has to win to be the better performance as if that's the only way he would have performed better. Players perform on worse teams all the time. If you switched Wade and Lebron but the results were the same (Wade with the Cavs this year losing and Lebron won with the Heat in 2006), does Wade losing take away from the performance he's had? Of course not. He still performed the same way. The situation was just different.

you dont even know my reasoning. stop trying to be an internet bully with your assumptions and stupid remarks. I said that i thought wades was more impressive and the reasons are because wade beat a team that was highly regarded as favorites.. he did it with a shot down shaq and a team that wasnt good all year long. Also i didnt expect a 2006 wade to play the way he did. I would expect a lot more from a 15 lebron compared to an 06 wade. I also said that if lebron were to somehow win the cavs a title then i would find that more impressive regardless of what numbers he puts up. In my books, finding a way to win against heavy favorites will always be more impressive than what numbers you put up. IMO if we're talking finals perforances over all, id take shaq over both. but thats a whole different subject.

MTar786
06-16-2015, 07:23 PM

i havent read enough of his posts to determine if his posts are biased. but he does always have good points and i wouldnt say his opinion about lebron makes his posting overall not good. I think he is a good poster. but i do agree with you about the hate thing in general. If anyone is using hate to make their opinions then please try not to let it fuel you.

I dont like lebron.. mostly due to the media. but if he ups his fg% or wins the finals then he just had the GOAT finals performence and surpasses kobe on my personal all time list and will probably be top 5 all time or maybe even better imo. I dont see him passing MJ, shaq, and kareem though.. even with a win. But he most def can pass kobe and magic imo (if he already hasnt)

MTar786
06-16-2015, 07:29 PM
I see someone already pointed out the assists and Lebron creating more offense but I want to focus on this part.

The Warriors are averaging 99.8 ppg on an ortg of 107 (compared to 111.6 regular season). Dallas on the other hand averaged 91.8 ppg on an ortg of 99.9 (compared to 111.8 regular season). This was also after Dallas killed the suns and SA with a 114 ortg in those west series. Dallas clearly dropped off far more offensively than Golden state has so why do you think Clevelands defense has been better? The rebounding differential is also about the same (slightly favoring Miami) but Lebron has contributed more than Wade in that aspect anyways.

I think people are overrating the cavs defense at this point.

good points, i think miami had a good defensive scheme. posey was incredible and so was zo in his like 10 mins per game lol. he got 1.5 bpg in 10 mins! But still miami was a big time underdog, shaq broke down in the series and wade went nuts!!! But as of no im still going wade but i cant make a concrete choice till this series is over. maybe lebrons will be better

ManRam
06-16-2015, 07:31 PM
i havent read enough of his posts to determine if his posts are biased. but he does always have good points and i wouldnt say his opinion about lebron makes his posting overall not good.

his point there wasn't good.

MTar786
06-16-2015, 07:38 PM
his point there wasn't good.

well the game the cavs won that lebron went 11-35 imo was due mostly to the warriors playing so bad. but hey, a win is a win. and lebron found a way to win and thats all that matters

mngopher35
06-16-2015, 07:49 PM
good points, i think miami had a good defensive scheme. posey was incredible and so was zo in his like 10 mins per game lol. he got 1.5 bpg in 10 mins! But still miami was a big time underdog, shaq broke down in the series and wade went nuts!!! But as of no im still going wade but i cant make a concrete choice till this series is over. maybe lebrons will be better

To me Lebron has been more impressive but not to the point I think it is a concrete/easy answer. We do need to wait for the series to be over either way but if Lebron has a similar game 6 as last game and they lose then I would still choose his performance.

Either way they are both great though.

Thumper 88
06-16-2015, 08:17 PM
Glad to see other posters note the refs in the 06 finals.

MTar786
06-16-2015, 08:21 PM
Glad to see other posters note the refs in the 06 finals.

im pretty sure everyone is aware the refs were a huge factor lol

Jarvo
06-16-2015, 08:50 PM
Wade, But he went to the line like a 100 million times lol

Raps08-09 Champ
06-16-2015, 09:07 PM
you dont even know my reasoning. stop trying to be an internet bully with your assumptions and stupid remarks. I said that i thought wades was more impressive and the reasons are because wade beat a team that was highly regarded as favorites.. he did it with a shot down shaq and a team that wasnt good all year long. Also i didnt expect a 2006 wade to play the way he did. I would expect a lot more from a 15 lebron compared to an 06 wade. I also said that if lebron were to somehow win the cavs a title then i would find that more impressive regardless of what numbers he puts up. In my books, finding a way to win against heavy favorites will always be more impressive than what numbers you put up. IMO if we're talking finals perforances over all, id take shaq over both. but thats a whole different subject.

Bully how? LOL.

All I said was that you are holding the team's failure of not winning against GS against Lebron when he's not the reason they are going to lose. Like I said, if you switch Wade (to the Cavs) and Lebron (to the Heat) and have them average the same stats, the Heat still win and the Cavs still lose. So if they played the exact same, would you hold it against Wade for not winning against GS and think he wasn't impressive when he performed the exact same?

MTar786
06-17-2015, 12:04 AM
damn, what a bad outing for lebron.. yeah im sticking with wade for sure lol.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-17-2015, 12:05 AM
Wade and it's really not close.m
This, Lebron had an average finals

LA_Raiders
06-17-2015, 12:35 AM
Well, don't forget that they were 8 against 5. Wade got a lot of help, I remember every time he got touched it was a foul.