PDA

View Full Version : Pearl and Clyde in Modern NBA

flea
06-15-2015, 11:42 PM
How do they fare? Regarded as somewhat redundant even by 70s standards, and I haven't really seen a lot of full games by them from that era. They are thought of as one of the best backcourts in NBA history - how do you think they'd do in the zone defense era?

Bruno
06-15-2015, 11:52 PM
zach lowe talked about on his podcast once how it would be interesting if the home team got to choose if they wanted a three point shot during their home games. he used Memphis and GS as an example.

i think that they'd be great but the reality of the three point shot is glaring. if you played them with zone rules but no threes today I think they fair well, but I don't see how a backcourt that can't shoot threes would space well unless they had Larry Bird at SF and Kevin Love at the PF. better hope you have a rim protector too.

or we can go more hypothetical and adjust for the evolution of the game and lets assume they would have been good three point shooters if they were incentivized in their day. which is cool but we don't have any numbers to really work with. they'd be great, but I don't know how successful as a pairing.