PDA

View Full Version : The Plumlees

Mave1002
06-15-2015, 11:01 PM
Nets Dangle Mason Plumlee, Seek Higher Pick
June 15 at 3:37pm CDT By Chuck Myron

"The Nets are trying to trade Mason Plumlee to further their goal of landing a higher draft pick than the ones they have at 29th and 41st overall, tweets Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News, responding to a NetsDaily tweet that posed the question of whether the Nets should trade Plumlee. Brooklyn’s desire to keep Plumlee derailed a proposal that would have sent Deron Williams to Sacramento this past season, as multiple reports made clear, but circumstances have changed for the 25-year-old big man, as Bondy detailed in May."

I'll say it now. #27 + Nick Young for Mason Plumlee and #34 for Miles Plumlee. Thatd be a sick frontcourt if we do end up with Okafor. Both can be had for cheap and it would definitely solidify the BIGS for a looong time.

Pull the trigger Mitch. Do not let him go to a contender, especially a team like the Clippers. We all know DJ is on his way out.

Draft: Jahlil Okafor
Free-Agency:
UFA: Danny Green $6M ($18/3) (KJ McDaniels as the back-up plan $4M [$20/5])
RFA: Khris Middleton $15M ($75/5) / Norris Cole $3M ($9/3)

Okafor-M.Plumlee
Randle-M.Plumee
Middleton-Green
Kobe-???
Clarkson-Cole

D-League: Black-Buycks-Brown

Can someone get Istanbul BB on the phone, because Id so want to slip Sasha Vujacic into the back-up SG position for the remainder of the cap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usg6yCPtyco

bleedprple&gold
06-15-2015, 11:26 PM
They're not gonna give up Plumlee to move up two spots let's be real here.

Mave1002
06-16-2015, 12:09 AM

Would you be willing to trade #27 and #34 for him? I would.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-16-2015, 12:15 AM
Plumlee is more valuable than that.

bleedprple&gold
06-16-2015, 12:34 AM

Would you be willing to trade #27 and #34 for him? I would.

Not if we pick Okafor. Too many frontcourt players.

numba1CHANGsta
06-16-2015, 12:46 AM
Randle, Okafor, Black, Sacre, possibly Davis, another draft pick, no room for Plumlee

Mave1002
06-16-2015, 01:17 AM
Randle, Okafor, Black, Sacre, possibly Davis, another draft pick, no room for Plumlee

No room?

1.) Black - best back-up behind a possible Okafor/Randle duo. He can still be stashed in the D-League, I believe.
2.) Ed Davis - Extremely expensive compared to the contract of Mason Plumlee
3.) Sacre- Sacre is Sacre.

Weve got the assets to trade for a legit, starting big. Pull the trigger and if we end up with an Okafor-Randle-Plumlee trio, wed be set for at least 7 years. Especially if you add Tarik Black.

I'll say it again:

Okafor-Plumlee (for #27+#34)
Randle-Plumlee (for a package around Nick Young and future considerations)

The scariest frontline in the league, now and for years to come.

Mave1002
06-16-2015, 01:22 AM
Plumlee is more valuable than that.

"goal of landing a higher draft pick than the ones they have at 29th and 41st"

A package revolving around pick #s 27+29+34+41 gets you a solid pick within #s 12-18

DREAM: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pkrppaq

LAL in: The Plumlees, filler
Nets in: #27 + #34 + Nick Young
Bucks in: Kelly + future late 1st -unprotected via LAL

Mave1002
06-16-2015, 01:25 AM
I duno guys, ive always been a fan of the Plums since I first saw them play in college. High-motor, hustle and D guys who know their roles. This is the chance to build the strongest frontcourt that weve seen in purple and gold for the looongest time.

White men can jump. haha.

Mave1002
06-18-2015, 01:10 AM
Sorry for the re-post:

NETS Daily news: http://netsdailynews.com/2015/05/29/...son-plumlee/3/

Best Potential Trade Packages for Mason Plumlee

Nets receive: Ryan Kelly, 2015 first-round pick (from Rockets)
Lakers receive: Mason Plumlee

Why the Nets would do it: The Nets need to start rebuilding by bringing in some younger talent to develop. The only problem is that they do not have too many draft picks for the next few seasons. By unloading Mason Plumlee and receiving the Lakers’ 2015 first-round draft pick from the Rockets, the Nets can do just that. Ryan Kelly is an added bonus to the team. The former-Duke star can spread the floor well and score from distance.

Why the Lakers would do it: Time is running out for the Lakers. Kobe Bryant may be entering his final season and the team finally has all the resources to make another deep playoff run. The Lakers do not need more draft prospects. In Mason Plumlee, the Lakers get an athletic, talented big man who can make an impact right away.

I was actually expecting more... but there you go. Id then ship #34 to the Bucks for the other Plumlee.

Game.

Okafor-Plum
Randle-Plum
???-???
Kobe-???
Clarkson-???

GREATNESS ONE
06-18-2015, 01:23 AM
FA is gonna be interesting!

DillyDill
06-18-2015, 02:06 AM
Mave what about Justin Anderson? If we give both late picks up no chance we get him

Mave1002
06-18-2015, 03:37 AM
Mave what about Justin Anderson? If we give both late picks up no chance we get him

I would never give up those two picks for anyone, BUT Justin Anderson after that "id like to play with a killer" statement. I love his personality and his game.

BUT... id be willing to give up the pursuit of Justin Anderson for the following reasons:

1.) Solidifying the frontline for years to come

-I'm sick and tired of players going down and not having a back-up plan. Should anything unfortunate were to happen, I think the team would still be safe having a frontcourt of Okafor*-Randle-Black-Plumlee. (Not to mention that we could actually go for the other Plumlee too who is currently a Buck)

REMEMBER THIS?

"The Los Angeles Lakers are interested in Phoenix Suns big man Miles Plumlee, reports Sam Amick of USA Today. The Lakers and Suns have been linked regarding multiple players over the last few years, most recently with reports stating the Lakers were interested in Suns point guard Goran Dragic. This is the first time the Lakers have directly been mentioned with Plumlee."

2.) I'm pretty much sold on the availability of pieces that can be acquired via FA especially when the FO mentioned about their lack of interest to keep a lot of young guys on the team.

Give me- [not to mention the big-time RFAs]
UFA: Danny Green $8M ($24/3)
RFA: KJ McDaniels $4M ($20/5) / Norris Cole $3M ($9/3)
Other inexpensive options: Jae Crowder-Kyle Singler

And you'd still have $10M to spend for another quality star

3.) I miss winning and having a roster similar to this could actually help us compete again while we wait for future superstars in Durant and Davis. It would be easier for them to make a decision and alot easier for the FO to extend future contracts.

So, yes.. for the nth time, my fantasy come tip-off:

Okafor*-Plum
Randle-Plum
D.Green-McDaniels
Kobe-Brown (hoping we could get something for Swag)
Clarkson-Cole

with Black and Buycks as our D-League reserves

*2nd pick assumption