PDA

View Full Version : What if Lebron were to leave Cleveland ???

Bartlee23
06-15-2015, 09:00 PM
Here's a post on here I don't believe I've seen yet. How would Cleveland fans/Lebron fans feel if Lebron made " Decision part II " and decided to leave again and "take his talents" to the next superstar filled team? How do you feel about Lebron then? Discuss.

kubernetes
06-15-2015, 09:06 PM
Wtf, how do you think Cleveland fans would feel?

Lebron won't do it because he knows his name would be mud for 95% of NBA fans. Say what you want, but Lebron desperately wants to be loved. I don't think guys like MJ or Kobe ever gave a crap about being loved (and ironically, that made people love them even more), but Lebron seems to care a lot. His heroics this year have gone a long way toward rehabilitating his image, so I can't see him throwing that away.

Cal827
06-15-2015, 09:06 PM
:laugh: Well I guess on the eve of what could be the last game of their season...

Robbw241
06-15-2015, 10:30 PM
He should go get his masters back in Miami.

Iron24th
06-15-2015, 10:54 PM
Going back home (again) to south beach.

jimm120
06-15-2015, 10:54 PM
I actually thought that if he won, he would leave. To me, his mission was to go to Cleveland and win a championship there.

But now that he might lose...don't know.. .

Tony_Starks
06-15-2015, 10:56 PM
I couldn't see it. It would be like leaving your wife for a younger hot chick, having an affair for a few years then coming back and making amends, only to later leave her again for a even younger hotter chick this time.

bucketss
06-15-2015, 11:02 PM
it would be hilarious. but it won't happen

Ty Fast
06-16-2015, 12:01 AM
If theres one city in the world it could happen too it would be cleveland.

Bostonjorge
06-16-2015, 12:07 AM
It would put him in the top 10.

LA_Raiders
06-16-2015, 12:17 AM
He won't leave but if he does; more jerseys will burn, but with him inside...

Dade County
06-16-2015, 01:10 AM
As long as he doesn't come to the HEAT.

bluefire7002
06-16-2015, 01:30 AM
It would put him in the top 10.

:laugh:

mgjohnson7851
06-16-2015, 01:33 AM
As long as he doesn't come to the HEAT.
WTF are you talking about? He won you 2 championships, and every team would take him in a heartbeat.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-16-2015, 05:27 AM
If he's a FA, he can do whatever he wants. As long as he doesn't do it on TV and make a spectacle out of it, it's fine by me. But we all know he's going to get stoned for it.

It was really ridiculous enough that people would be criticizing a guy for putting himself in a better position to succeed back in 2010.

naps
06-16-2015, 05:55 AM
He can do whatever the hell he wants as a FA. What the hell is wrong about it? I don't believe he is in Cleveland for rest of his career. Anyone who criticizes him here for looking for a better offer in job is delusional and a hypocrite. All these people here would jump for the significantly better job offer if it was on the table for them.

Big Zo
06-16-2015, 08:41 AM
He would be likeable again.

millz21
06-16-2015, 09:36 AM
It's only his first year back with the Cavs, I'm sure many of never thought he was going to win a championship right away.

Dade County
06-16-2015, 12:07 PM
WTF are you talking about? He won you 2 championships, and every team would take him in a heartbeat.

You don't understand, for the most part Miami doesn't have a dumb consumer fan base (you can take that how you want too).

Some fans will want him back, but most wouldn't (I believe). I know I wouldn't want him to wear another HEAT jersey again.

Also remember I believe that Le-Con is a con-artist/busniess man.

He is the best player in the league, but I don't have time for it (Dan Lebatard said it best, with the billboards... You Welcome Lbj)

Also, most of us wouldn't be like Cav's fans, celebrating on his return (some would, & I wouldn't bash them for that).

Hawkeye15
06-16-2015, 12:22 PM
ewing would go all "Falling Down"

InRoseWeTrust
06-16-2015, 12:23 PM
(1) He's not leaving. Everyone needs to get over that.

(2) Anyone saying he wouldn't be welcome on their team is either completely full of **** or stupid. He's the best player on the planet and would instantly turn any team into a finals contender.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-16-2015, 12:23 PM
Lebron to the Knicks!!!!!! Knick fans forgive him

Vee-Rex
06-16-2015, 12:45 PM

(2) Anyone saying he wouldn't be welcome on their team is either completely full of **** or stupid. He's the best player on the planet and would instantly turn any team into a finals contender.

Well said.

Animosity
06-16-2015, 01:08 PM

I'm sorry but who would want this guy on their team unless they are desperate? I for one hope he stays in Cleveland forever. I value loyalty. Why would anyone want someone who can put a word on his back but have no idea what it means. Most fans should want their team to beat the best not compromise their integrity by begging for him to come and win one for them.

Hawkeye15
06-16-2015, 01:17 PM
I'm sorry but who would want this guy on their team unless they are desperate? I for one hope he stays in Cleveland forever. I value loyalty. Why would anyone want someone who can put a word on his back but have no idea what it means. Most fans should want their team to beat the best not compromise their integrity by begging for him to come and win one for them.

So if anyone in the working force changes companies, you now look at them in a lesser degree?

Animosity
06-16-2015, 01:27 PM
Did he drag his company through the mud on the way out? Did he promise things and bail on them to go to a company where he could achieve those goals easier? I don't see CEO's promising company fans titles. You comparison is a joke. We are talking about sports. If you want to say this is a business go ahead but he would have gotten paid if he stayed. Isn't that what business is all about making money?

Hawkeye15
06-16-2015, 01:48 PM
Did he drag his company through the mud on the way out? Did he promise things and bail on them to go to a company where he could achieve those goals easier? I don't see CEO's promising company fans titles. You comparison is a joke. We are talking about sports. If you want to say this is a business go ahead but he would have gotten paid if he stayed. Isn't that what business is all about making money?

Professional sports are a business. If you are not able to understand that, that is on you.

Animosity
06-16-2015, 01:58 PM
I do understand it is a business but don't you think employers want loyalty as well? The point of a business is to make money LeBron is an employee. If I don't think an employee is loyal why would I as an employer spend money to train and in this case maintain heath of said asset that won't be loyal to my business. Loyalty means a strong feeling of support or allegiance. LeBron is self serving. That's fine but not a quality I would look to have on a team.

InRoseWeTrust
06-16-2015, 02:00 PM
I do understand it is a business but don't you think employers want loyalty as well? The point of a business is to make money LeBron is an employee. If I don't think an employee is loyal why would I as an employer spend money to train and in this case maintain heath of said asset that won't be loyal to my business. Loyalty means a strong feeling of support or allegiance. LeBron is self serving. That's fine but not a quality I would look to have on a team.

If you could go back in time and say "Pat Riley - You can have LeBron, but you only get him for 4 years before he bolts back to Cleveland", do you honestly think Riley would refuse? No one in their right minds would turn down LeBron for four years. Do you know how much money he brought that franchise through 4 straight finals appearances and two series wins? Be logical, please.

Hawkeye15
06-16-2015, 02:09 PM

Employers don't have the loyalty they used to either. It's a two way street.

And on your other note, if you believe making money is the most important thing for a business, than any team in the NBA would take LeBron for any minute they could get him, even if he said he was leaving shortly.

Animosity
06-16-2015, 02:10 PM
Thats different. Knowing all the facts up front you are prepared for what is going to happen. You really think Riley would have taken those cheap shots if he knew that? If you don't like my opinion fine. It is hard to have integrity in this day and age.

Hawkeye15
06-16-2015, 02:17 PM
Thats different. Knowing all the facts up front you are prepared for what is going to happen. You really think Riley would have taken those cheap shots if he knew that? If you don't like my opinion fine. It is hard to have integrity in this day and age.

I don't agree with your opinion. You can have any reason in the universe to not like someone, I don't care. But loyalty? Why should he stay with a team that offered him zero help to win? If you don't like the way he left, I get that. But he fulfilled his contract fully, and signed with another team as an unrestricted free agent. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Up front? He couldn't sign for more than 4 years. That is all you know you are promised.

InRoseWeTrust
06-16-2015, 02:19 PM

OK. Let's play from the other side of the spectrum then. You think Riley would push a button to magically undo his decision to sign LeBron 5 years ago if he could? You are out of your f'ing mind if you think he'd piss away two rings just because he went back to Cleveland.

Hawkeye15
06-16-2015, 02:24 PM
OK. Let's play from the other side of the spectrum then. You think Riley would push a button to magically undo his decision to sign LeBron 5 years ago if he could? You are out of your f'ing mind if you think he'd piss away two rings just because he went back to Cleveland.

and Mickey would fire him on the spot if he could do that reversal, it made the Heat so much money, just for the 4 year rental.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-16-2015, 02:26 PM
I think there is more of a chance he tries to play football than goes to another team. And I'm being serious.

ManRam
06-16-2015, 02:34 PM
If he leaves Cleveland: **** him.

But he won't. He can't.

Animosity
06-16-2015, 02:38 PM

No I said he wouldn't have taken the cheap shots if he had known. I never said they wouldn't have taken him. you are really stretching what I said. That's fine it is the internet do as you wish.

lol, please
06-16-2015, 03:53 PM
It would be fantastic for people like me, who would have even more to hold against him.

I genuinely feel for Cleveland, I really do, from a personal standpoint, I have always rooted for that city and it's fans' success, it's a daggone shame that now that things are turning up for the Browns and Cavaliers, that I can't cheer for them as I have been waiting to do for years, because cancers like Lebron, and Manziel are in my way. The sooner they leave, the sooner I can root for the Cavaliers and Browns, after my 9ers and Dubs of course.

Hawkeye15
06-16-2015, 04:02 PM
It would be fantastic for people like me, who would have even more to hold against him.

I genuinely feel for Cleveland, I really do, from a personal standpoint, I have always rooted for that city and it's fans' success, it's a daggone shame that now that things are turning up for the Browns and Cavaliers, that I can't cheer for them as I have been waiting to do for years, because cancers like Lebron, and Manziel are in my way. The sooner they leave, the sooner I can root for the Cavaliers and Browns, after my 9ers and Dubs of course.

hypocritical much?

lol, please
06-16-2015, 04:09 PM
hypocritical much?
It's not really hypocritical, I clearly state thst if he wasn't there I would cheer for them as long as they aren't playing us.

Dade County
06-16-2015, 04:13 PM

No he would have traded the **** out of Lbj (last season). I'm thinking, Westbrook, Ibaka & fillers for him.

Now you put the pressure on Lbj to leave KD (which I don't think it happens).

Okc dominates the West, Miami runs the East.

Jarvo
06-16-2015, 04:26 PM
He won't leave lol.

But IF he did man he would need security EVERYWHERE! I think someone would try and kill him, Extreme but some sports fans are too emotional.

Hawkeye15
06-16-2015, 04:29 PM
It's not really hypocritical, I clearly state thst if he wasn't there I would cheer for them as long as they aren't playing us.

if he isn't there, they suck balls. Have since 98-99'

lol, please
06-16-2015, 04:33 PM
if he isn't there, they suck balls. Have since 98-99'
Which was my point, lol, frustrating for me.

They don't need h to succeed though, it's just how it played out. If they can build a contender without him you will see me rooting hard for them in the future.

buck4493
06-16-2015, 04:39 PM
he signed a one year deal simply because he is waiting for the new barganing agreement so he can get a **** ton more cash. He is not going anywhere.

InRoseWeTrust
06-16-2015, 06:57 PM
No I said he wouldn't have taken the cheap shots if he had known. I never said they wouldn't have taken him. you are really stretching what I said. That's fine it is the internet do as you wish.

I was responding to the general sentiment of "no one would want this guy on their team." Yes, any rational basketball mind would want LBJ on their team, including Riley, including Riley today. If Riley had even an iota of a chance for another four years with LeBron, he'd take it no questions asked. Please.

No he would have traded the **** out of Lbj (last season). I'm thinking, Westbrook, Ibaka & fillers for him.

Now you put the pressure on Lbj to leave KD (which I don't think it happens).

Okc dominates the West, Miami runs the East.

Yeah, OKC isn't giving up WB Ibaka and more for a half season of LeBron. Yes he's far and away the best player in the deal and the most talented basketball player on the planet, but OKC is a small market and wouldn't mortgage their entire future for a chance at retaining LBJ.

Animosity
06-16-2015, 09:34 PM
I was responding to the general sentiment of "no one would want this guy on their team." Yes, any rational basketball mind would want LBJ on their team, including Riley, including Riley today. If Riley had even an iota of a chance for another four years with LeBron, he'd take it no questions asked. Please.

I didn't say that either I said I wouldn't. You like to make things up.

THE MTL
06-16-2015, 09:59 PM
It wouldn't happen but I know you're getting at this point that he is doing it alone once again in Cleveland but he really isnt this time.

If Lebron had a healthy Irving or Love, he probably would already won his 3rd championship by now.