PDA

View Full Version : Serious Hypothetical about LBJ vs Durant

papipapsmanny
06-15-2015, 04:15 PM
Okay, these two get compared all the time for good reason. I am going to ask this question because Durant will be 27 soonish, and that is the age Lebron won his first ring.

This is also completely hypothetical, but possible.

My question is if Durant wins 2 rings say in the next 4 years and Lebron say wins 1 more in that time frame. And for this I'll assume the Warriors win this year. How would the comparison fair then?

Again assuming the same relative rate of play from both. Is Durant merely not have the wins to make the comparison bad, I guess is my question.

I'm just curious to see what happens with both players going forward and curious to what everyone thinks about these two in comparison to one another

Bruno
06-15-2015, 04:20 PM
so long as title count is close, peak is close, longevity is close and accolades and success is close I don't see why we can't have a conversation about anyone vs. anyone.

the shame of Durant is that he should have already been winning. in my unpopular opinion, the only reason why were talking about Duncans great late push, is because of the fact that the Thunder have been playing at a diminished capacity for three years in a row.

If ten years from now we look back and say that Durant and James only happened once, it'll be just as disappointing as Kobe and James never playing.

andy2518
06-15-2015, 04:23 PM
Depends on a lot of factors. How much help did he receive from Westbrook to win these two titles?

papipapsmanny
06-15-2015, 04:29 PM
I guess I'm curious to see how close people think these two are in comparisons if we just ignored playoff success.

And Bruno I agree, I hope to see these two play each other in the playoffs again

sportsfanatic99
06-16-2015, 10:33 AM
Lebron is probably going to the finals for the next 2-3 years after this year lol

he might end up going 2-7 or 5-4 (between 3-6 and 6-3 if he wins this year) or somewhere in between