PDA

View Full Version : Embiid a bust yet ?

Stunner
06-15-2015, 01:45 PM
@MySportsLegion: According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Joel Embiid could reportedly miss all of next season.

Sadds The Gr8
06-15-2015, 01:49 PM
Sucks. Really wanted to see him in the nba after seeing him in college

Another big man ruined

GREATNESS ONE
06-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Yup he's done.

diu9leilomo
06-15-2015, 01:56 PM
pretty much, probably worse than greg oden. Cant remain healthy without playing a single minute..

NYKnickFanatic
06-15-2015, 02:11 PM
I don't call anyone a bust due to injuries.

NYKnickFanatic
06-15-2015, 02:11 PM
Really makes you wonder if the Sixers are willing to take a big now.

2-ONE-5
06-15-2015, 02:12 PM
1. You cant bust unti you actually play
2. If it doesn't come from Hinkie take it with a grain of salt bcuz our media here hates him short of a select few.
3. Our understanding is he just hasnt healed as fast as we hoped and no further damage was done. He was playing 5v5 the last few months pain free even while it wasnt healed yet.

Hawkeye15
06-15-2015, 02:12 PM
can't be a bust if injuries are the reason you didn't succeed. Hopefully he recovers.

2-ONE-5
06-15-2015, 02:13 PM
Really makes you wonder if the Sixers are willing to take a big now.

i think we were always willing to take Towns or Okafor.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-15-2015, 02:15 PM
Sucks he might miss another season. I wanted to see him pull off the dream shake. Remember that draft and watching some youtube videos. He did remind me a bit of Hakeem.

jerellh528
06-15-2015, 02:19 PM
A bust is a pick who didn't nearly live up to the expectation, whether it be injuries, off the court problems, or not playing good enough. A wasted pick essentially. That being said, I wouldn't call Embiid a bust yet, it's not for sure he's out for the season, and even so, I'd still give him this season to fully heal before calling him a bust. He isn't as young as some of the other top prospects for how raw he is, he needs to get on a court soon. Before ya know it, he'll be a 23yr old who's never stepped foot on an NBA court and still extreamly raw. He can still pull it together though.

still1ballin
06-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Greg Oden 2.0?

valade16
As a Blazer fan who went through this with Oden that sucks.

MCW, Noel, Embiid, Porzingis.

If Porzingis (or whoever they take at 3) is a bust the 76ers could have remarkably little to show for their calculated extreme tanking strategy...

DillyDill
I'm hoping he does get healthy however long it takes. His soccer background is ultra impressive I wanna see that footwork in action

NYKnickFanatic
06-15-2015, 02:22 PM

True, if they were available it would make sense. I wonder who would they trade.

jerellh528
06-15-2015, 02:26 PM

Been hearing things about 6ers taking porzingis. Would 6er fans take him over Dlo?

Iron24th
06-15-2015, 02:28 PM
Where is the green power ranger who said embiid is a lebron-durant class potential player?

Iron24th
06-15-2015, 02:29 PM
Philly is very unlucky, first Bynum, now Embiid...

2-ONE-5
06-15-2015, 02:46 PM
True, if they were available it would make sense. I wonder who would they trade.

i/ve said a few times in our forum that we dont even have to trade one, no at least for 2-4 years. I keep thinking about Okafor (or Embiid) just being 6th man and dominating 2nd units.

2-ONE-5
06-15-2015, 02:47 PM
Been hearing things about 6ers taking porzingis. Would 6er fans take him over Dlo?

no chance at 3, a trade back would be more realistic but we have more than enough future picks to go around as it is. the day that came out was the same day a report came out saying we wont let Russ, Okafor, or Towns fall to NY.

GiantsSwaGG
06-15-2015, 03:07 PM

I don't get how Porzingis stocked raised so much, now scouts are saying he's better than Towns. DLo should be the pick, they need a guard. Noel (hopefully he stays healthy) they should be okay.

Plus I doubt Embiid misses the entire season

PraiseJesus
06-15-2015, 03:20 PM
In a way I think Hinke likes this because this give the sixers another year to tank. They could make some trades and rack up 3 or 4 lottery picks next season

Bruno
06-15-2015, 03:22 PM
I think this is political gesturing. Maybe Phili is afraid that the Lakers are selecting Russell, thus laying the roadwork to drafting Okafor. If everyone knows they don't need Okafor because Embiid is game, they can't have leverage in trade negations with other teams for okafor.

I'm fishing here.

Gibby23
06-15-2015, 03:27 PM
I think this is political gesturing. Maybe Phili is afraid that the Lakers are selecting Russell, thus laying the roadwork to drafting Okafor. If everyone knows they don't need Okafor because Embiid is game, they can't have leverage in trade negations with other teams for okafor.

I'm fishing here.

I don't think so. It is a pretty hard procedure to recover from. It is like an 80% sucess rate. The chance of re injury is also high. He has bad feet, he didn't really hurt it because he played basketball, he hurt it because of his foot structure and you can"t change the way your foot is. See Bill Walton and Yao Ming.

valade16
06-15-2015, 03:46 PM
In a way I think Hinke likes this because this give the sixers another year to tank. They could make some trades and rack up 3 or 4 lottery picks next season

My question has always been for 76ers fans: how long will you allow him to tank unencumbered? 5 years of ineptitude? Would 76ers fans be OK with 6-7 years of tanking to attempt to amass a talented team?

bleedprple&gold
06-15-2015, 03:52 PM

This. Sixers will tank again and will have no shame doing it. It's just too bad none of the top prospects in this year's draft are injured seeing as how they don't like taking players that can actually help the team immediately and hurt their tanking strategy. They might as well keep Saric in Europe another year as well.

2-ONE-5
06-15-2015, 04:28 PM
you're right taking that injured Noel kid really set us back, oh wait.

Saric is staying another year we have no say in that since he signed a 2 year deal last year.

beasted86
06-15-2015, 04:35 PM
Hinkie is definitely beating off at the idea of more draft picks.

Scoots
06-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Injuries ARE a factor in a bust/not bust evaluation. A player can be a good pick and a bust at the same time. I think "bust" has to do with production for the team that drafted him.

Too soon to call right now, but if he misses this year his rookie contract will be half over with nothing to show for it.

More-Than-Most
06-15-2015, 04:38 PM
Even if this report isnt true id sit him all year and let him recover.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-15-2015, 04:39 PM
He didn't (or will not) work out because of injuries, not because he sucks.

More-Than-Most
06-15-2015, 04:41 PM
Where is the green power ranger who said embiid is a lebron-durant class potential player?

I am right here and Oden had the same potential which was at the time more potential than durant and he had health issues as well... Potential is just that.... Embiid will be a question mark but the potential is there.

Gibby23
06-15-2015, 04:51 PM
I am right here and Oden had the same potential which was at the time more potential than durant and he had health issues as well... Potential is just that.... Embiid will be a question mark but the potential is there.

The potential is also there for him not to play 2 seasons in the NBA. Take a look at what they said about Yao after he had the same injury. It will most likely happen again and soon after he gets on the court. From the "setback" it might have already happened again.

"I have no first-hand knowledge of Yao's injury, but I do know what it means to have a navicular stress fracture," Williams told HOOPSWORLD today. " The navicular bone is one of the bones that sits above the arch, and as a result, when the arch starts to fall or if you have a flat foot, you start to impart forces to that bone because it's in what we call the mid-foot. If you look at a bridge, under the bridge where the water goes, the underside is like a half an arch. The top brick in the arch would be like the navicular bone. So imagine if you were to straighten that arch out, the force pushing against that upper-most brick in the arch as the rest of the bricks start to fall to the middle as the arch collapses. It's that same type of analogy with the foot - the navicular sits at the top of the arch, and as you lose competency in the arch, there are more forces from both the heel and the fore-foot all squeezing on those mid-foot bones. Yao's so big that, even if, as a surgeon, you go in and 'fix' the crack, it still doesn't bode well for the future because you aren't able to do anything to correct the morphology of the foot, the actual structure of the foot. As a result, when he goes back out there and he's doing the same things that caused the injury in the first place, now he's got a screw in there which represents a stress riser in an area of weakness, and you get more cracks. That's the baseline issue for him, which is why people are so negative with his prognosis or likelihood that he could come back and play for any length of time."

The worst-case scenario is that Yao's basketball career is over, and Dr. Riley says it's very easy to see how that would be the case.

"There is absolutely nothing I've heard about his injury that would make me say they're overstating things. I think they're very prudent to treat the foot, try to get it to heal, but you almost have to say - like it was with Bill Walton's injury - it is what it is. You've gotten a certain amount of mileage out of the foot, and the fact that he's now has a recurrent stress fracture . . . it would be different if you fell and sprained something and broke some bones and it was a lightning strike type of issue. This is the result of performing his job. That's how it happened. There's nothing you can do to chance the forces, so it's probably going to happen again, even if you can get it to heal. You might be able to squeeze a season or two out of him, but planning for the long-term that's pretty irresponsible."

http://www.hss.edu/newsroom_yao-ming-injury-explained.asp

The surgery has an 80% sucess rate, that means 20 out of 100 people that have it have to have it again or don't fully recover. This type of injury also has a high probability of reoccurring in athletes that return to activity since it has more to do with how his foot is structured tham him just getting injured by accident.

beasted86
06-15-2015, 05:35 PM
Even if Embiid is an (injury) bust, the Hinkie supporters won't turn on him yet.

It's kind of like David Khan.... "he's smart for drafting Flynn and Rubio... You can always trade one" they said.

It's like in the moment, no matter how stupid it sounds to everyone else, they will find a way to rationalize all decisions until the losses really pile up and you have no choice but to accept this guy has no fkin clue!

BallIsAll
06-15-2015, 06:38 PM
I'm surprised they haven't created a special shoe for ppl with this problem

RLundi
06-15-2015, 06:51 PM

How on earth do you plan to assert that he's not in that class when he hasn't played a single NBA minute? This injury as yet does nothing to change that.

RLundi
06-15-2015, 06:55 PM
no chance at 3, a trade back would be more realistic but we have more than enough future picks to go around as it is. the day that came out was the same day a report came out saying we wont let Russ, Okafor, or Towns fall to NY.

It's mind-boggling how you can remain so remarkably calm without a single denunciation against all of Hinkie's posturing when the future of your franchise practically hangs in the balance. Drinking that Kool-Aid for sure. At least you're consistent.

2-ONE-5
06-15-2015, 07:44 PM
It's mind-boggling how you can remain so remarkably calm without a single denunciation against all of Hinkie's posturing when the future of your franchise practically hangs in the balance. Drinking that Kool-Aid for sure. At least you're consistent.

the fack are you talking about,why do u like calling me out for random **** for no reason?

i answered a simple question about a potential player at 3 and this is what you have to say? beat it troll.

JEDean89
06-15-2015, 07:51 PM
This sucks, especially because Embiid was apparently dominant in workouts. He clearly has an incredible gift for the game, he will be amazing if he can get healthy. He didn't re-injure himself, he just isn't healing as fast as he should. i think he'll be good, but there is not a solid chance that Embiid won't ever be 100%.

The 76ers are trying something that has never really been done before. To be purposefully awful for 3+ seasons is unheard of. They threw all their eggs in a few baskets with MCW, Noel, Saric, and Embiid. So far, one of the is gone, of hasn't come over, and another hasn't played in games. They have to hit this years draft on the head, and pray that embiid becomes healthy enough to trade. They should take Porzingis, pair him with Noel, which is a great combo for this league, and focus on trading Embiid. Then take a PG in next years draft.

RLundi
06-15-2015, 07:54 PM
the fack are you talking about,why do u like calling me out for random **** for no reason?

i answered a simple question about a potential player at 3 and this is what you have to say? beat it troll.

Why so defensive? Everything Hinkie does is gospel, even when the results are egregious. Why?

2-ONE-5
06-15-2015, 09:26 PM
where was i saying anything about hinkie in this thread? go troll someone else you clown.

5ass
06-15-2015, 10:06 PM
I never liked the idea of drafting two injured big men. I was surprised when Hinkie drafted Embiid, but i'm not sure it was a mistake. Who else should they have drafted? I know Noel looks good so far, and Embiid is far from done, but we're talking about these guys being your core players for the next decade. That's risky.

2-ONE-5
06-15-2015, 10:16 PM
there as way less risk with Noel, he could have played after the AS break his first year here if we wanted. Embiid was def a bit of a risk but like you said and i said last page im not losing sleep on the guys who went right after Embiid.

THE MTL
06-15-2015, 11:59 PM
If this is true about next season and I hope not then I'm gonna to say bust.

In my opinion, injuries are a reason for a draft bust. Injuries are part of the game. Emibid/oden supposed to be the next great center and if they cant even get on the floor then they are busts simply put. It is not a fair reason, but bust none the less.

LakerShow
06-16-2015, 12:12 AM
Sucks for him, but he's a bust.

2-ONE-5
06-16-2015, 08:24 AM
Sucks for him, but he's a bust.

how is a bust when he hasnt been ruled out of anything and has spent 1 season in the league?

nycericanguy
06-16-2015, 09:04 AM
Injured player isn't a bust... but this was a case of Hinkie getting a little too cute.

When was the last time Embiid played a game? Wasn't he supposed to be back around the ASB last year? PHI shouldn't be counting on him as any part of their core.

After the Bynum fiasco now PHI has to play the waiting game on another big...

nycericanguy
06-16-2015, 09:06 AM

a report also came out saying they are leaning toward Zinger... really all reports are useless right now, no one knows anything... heck the teams themselves probably havent decided.

saying "no chance" like you know something everyone else doesnt?

2-ONE-5
06-16-2015, 09:19 AM
Just knowing how Hinkie operates. I mentioned on another page that the day the report came out he is in play at 2-3 there was another that said the Sixers would not let Okafor, Towns, or Russell fall to NY. 99% of Sixers reports are inaccurate anyway bcuz Hinkie does not talk to the media so everyone speculates whatever they can

da ThRONe
06-16-2015, 09:21 AM
The fact that people are labeling a guy who's is still technically a rookie a bust is a sad sign of the times. He's barely 21 years old he could be Greg Oden or he could be Blake Griffin how about we wait just a little bit before making such definitive statement.

likemystylez
06-16-2015, 09:33 AM

they should trade their picks for established players. You dont tank a year and then draft a guy who is injured when you take him. Thats just a bad sign going in.

likemystylez
06-16-2015, 09:34 AM
how is a bust when he hasnt been ruled out of anything and has spent 1 season in the league?

Because in that one year- he didnt get any rookie of the months, wasnt on the all rookie team... and wasnt even considered for any accomplishments. The team wasted a high pick on him and tanked a season to get him. You could say that it isnt his fault- but hes cashing those pay checks so he has a responsibility to perform.

likemystylez
06-16-2015, 09:37 AM
The fact that people are labeling a guy who's is still technically a rookie a bust is a sad sign of the times. He's barely 21 years old he could be Greg Oden or he could be Blake Griffin how about we wait just a little bit before making such definitive statement.

I think people ideally would like to get more out of a number 3 pick than he has provided so far.

likemystylez
06-16-2015, 09:41 AM
I never liked the idea of drafting two injured big men. I was surprised when Hinkie drafted Embiid, but i'm not sure it was a mistake. Who else should they have drafted? I know Noel looks good so far, and Embiid is far from done, but we're talking about these guys being your core players for the next decade. That's risky.

its not a horrible thing to do if you have a late first round pick and have a roster that can win 54+ games during the regular season- but when you are tanking and everything is riding on your draft picks.... you gotta draft smart.

LOl Hinkie actually trades away established stars like jrue holiday to take injured players though.... which blows me away

2-ONE-5
06-16-2015, 09:44 AM
Because in that one year- he didnt get any rookie of the months, wasnt on the all rookie team... and wasnt even considered for any accomplishments. The team wasted a high pick on him and tanked a season to get him. You could say that it isnt his fault- but hes cashing those pay checks so he has a responsibility to perform.

this post cant be taken seriously.

2-ONE-5
06-16-2015, 09:46 AM
its not a horrible thing to do if you have a late first round pick and have a roster that can win 54+ games during the regular season- but when you are tanking and everything is riding on your draft picks.... you gotta draft smart.

LOl Hinkie actually trades away established stars like jrue holiday to take injured players though.... which blows me away

Jrue is a star???????? get real dude, stop trolling. JH is the man, im a still a fan but since the trade he played in less game than Noel and Noel missed an entire 82 game season.....

2-ONE-5
06-16-2015, 09:47 AM
they should trade their picks for established players. You dont tank a year and then draft a guy who is injured when you take him. Thats just a bad sign going in.

Noel was injured when we took him....

likemystylez
06-16-2015, 09:50 AM
this post cant be taken seriously.

OK fine embiid is a superstar... but id rather have a guy out there helping my team..... i guess thats a crazy thought for 76er fans

RLundi
06-16-2015, 10:01 AM
where was i saying anything about hinkie in this thread? go troll someone else you clown.

You blatantly worship that idiot, which in turn makes you an idiot. The man can do wrong in your Kool-Aid-drunk eyes. For all his posturing and transcendence, the Sixers are now even further away from contention. You refuse to admit that though. Sad.

2-ONE-5
06-16-2015, 10:25 AM
OK fine embiid is a superstar... but id rather have a guy out there helping my team..... i guess thats a crazy thought for 76er fans

no one said that but you just said he has a responsibility to play even if injured which is ridiculous to say the least.

2-ONE-5
06-16-2015, 10:26 AM
You blatantly worship that idiot, which in turn makes you an idiot. The man can do wrong in your Kool-Aid-drunk eyes. For all his posturing and transcendence, the Sixers are now even further away from contention. You refuse to admit that though. Sad.

again dude show me where i have said anything about hinkie in this forum in the last few weeks? i love Hinkie and support what he is doing at the moment but you either have me confused with someone or just enjoy random troll attempts.

urban85disciple
06-16-2015, 11:22 AM
The stupidity in the NBA forum if mind-boggling. Just come home, 215. Quit wasting your time.

urban85disciple
06-16-2015, 11:22 AM

Man, Blake Griffin sure was a bust his rookie season. Oh wait...

urban85disciple
06-16-2015, 11:25 AM

Let's see. Maybe we should trade for KD, or Westbrook, or Harden, or Lebron... You're actually right, we should trade our four 1st next season for AD. I'm down with that.

beasted86
06-16-2015, 11:49 AM

Did the Clippers draft Griffin injured?

You can only control what you can control as a GM. Mike Dunleavy or Elgin Baylor didn't draft an injured player.

Hinkie purposely drafted an injured player with a known foot fracture, a highly risky prospect when combined with a 260+ 7 ft. Center.

If this blows up in their face, you don't chalk this up as "you gotta risk big" or "fortune favors the bold" or some other cliche to help yourself sleep at night. Hinkie is someone bent on being a trailblazer rather than a smart and prudent GM.

Stinkyoutsider
06-16-2015, 12:23 PM
Not a bust yet but if he isn't able to come back after next year, then I believe he is.

Just a shame the guy can't get healthy.

PhillyFaninLA
06-16-2015, 12:49 PM
You have to play to be a bust.

Fact: Its not clear what will happen with him at this point, this is not a new injury it is the same injury not healing as quickly as they thought it would.

He is still in recovery from the initial injury.

To me a bust needs to play and be terrible, injuries don't create a bust, they create an unfortunate situation

PhillyFaninLA
06-16-2015, 12:57 PM
My question has always been for 76ers fans: how long will you allow him to tank unencumbered? 5 years of ineptitude? Would 76ers fans be OK with 6-7 years of tanking to attempt to amass a talented team?

We need to start moving forward this year IMO. We may not be tanking next years and win 25 games or so. We realistically should have 4 top 20 picks next year, with a core of Noel, Saric, hopefully Embiid, and who ever we draft this year. We have some nice bench players, its just they where starting last year.

We can also overpay this year with the cap going up next year and make it difficult for teams to match.

TheIlladelph16
06-16-2015, 12:58 PM

This^. Blake Griffin missed his rookie year and is one of the best players in the NBA. We don't know what Embiid will be yet, but to say he is a bust at this point is lunacy.

Hawkeye15
06-16-2015, 12:58 PM
You have to play to be a bust.

Fact: Its not clear what will happen with him at this point, this is not a new injury it is the same injury not healing as quickly as they thought it would.

He is still in recovery from the initial injury.

To me a bust needs to play and be terrible, injuries don't create a bust, they create an unfortunate situation

bingo

PhillyFaninLA
06-16-2015, 01:03 PM
no one said that but you just said he has a responsibility to play even if injured which is ridiculous to say the least.

Don't argue with someone that believes they have never been wrong....you are better than this...why go back and forth with this guy

Scoots
06-16-2015, 01:06 PM

Actually, Griffin won rookie of the year so technically he had a hell of a rookie season. It was his first pro season that was lost to injury and if that's all he did then yes he would have been a bust.

It's too early to call Embiid a bust, but the trend is anything but positive.

Hawkeye15
06-16-2015, 01:11 PM
Did the Clippers draft Griffin injured?

You can only control what you can control as a GM. Mike Dunleavy or Elgin Baylor didn't draft an injured player.

Hinkie purposely drafted an injured player with a known foot fracture, a highly risky prospect when combined with a 260+ 7 ft. Center.

If this blows up in their face, you don't chalk this up as "you gotta risk big" or "fortune favors the bold" or some other cliche to help yourself sleep at night. Hinkie is someone bent on being a trailblazer rather than a smart and prudent GM.

I have wondered that too, Hinkie's strategy. Obviously the theory is, the longer you hang around the upper lottery and grab talent, the better chance you have for a few of those guys to turn into difference makers. Did he take back to back guys who had injuries to add young talent, but also give himself a better shot at staying horrible to keep the high picks coming? We don't know.

I am just interested to see the end result of Hinkie's strategy.

ManRam
06-16-2015, 02:36 PM
No. He just turned 21 and on a team that doesn't care if they contend for championships last year, this year, or even next year.

It sucks he's hurt...and that was the gamble he took...but this gamble can absolutely still pay off. I don't get the rush to label people busts. Why not just let it play out?

Jarvo
06-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Never got why he got so much hype for because he wasn't that amazing in college to me, But hope he gets healthy so we can see what he can do.

ManRam
06-16-2015, 06:42 PM
Never got why he got so much hype for because he wasn't that amazing in college to me, But hope he gets healthy so we can see what he can do.

For being on a Bill Self team as a freshman, he was very good. Plus, he started playing basketball at the age of 15. He moved to the USA at the age of 16. He bounced around schools.

And, being great as a freshman has little to no bearing on how good you'll be when you're 27 or whatever. Adam Morrison was amazing in college. Joel Embiid was very good, and actually has the tools to get better and grow into a great NBA player. You draft guys for who they are; you draft them for what they'll become. He's got the natural ability to evolve into something special. If he can get healthy.

And his advanced stats were absurd. Plus, Big 12 DPOY. Let's not pretend he wasn't very impressive as a freshman.

beasted86
06-16-2015, 07:34 PM
I have wondered that too, Hinkie's strategy. Obviously the theory is, the longer you hang around the upper lottery and grab talent, the better chance you have for a few of those guys to turn into difference makers. Did he take back to back guys who had injuries to add young talent, but also give himself a better shot at staying horrible to keep the high picks coming? We don't know.

I think it's clearly exactly that based on the fact of holding out Nerlens. That lends direct insight to his thinking.

It obviously gives the intended effect, but when you're faced with the proposition of giving a max to a player based off 2 or 3 years work instead of 4 years, it lends to haphazard decision-making in my opinion.

But like you said, I question the strategy since he wants to be a trailblazer on many different fronts:

1) intentionally drafting injured players with top 6 picks in back to back years
2) signing/trading for almost no legit veterans to play alongside and mentor his young players
3) intentionally above the salary floor
4) trading the rookie of the year for more picks in only his 2nd season

I mean some of the things he's doing have been done already. This is not the first time a team has intentionally tanked. It's all these other things tied into the tanking strategy that make this different than the way everyone else has rebuilt.

His supporters say it's "progressive" and he's setting the blueprint others will eventually follow. His critics say the guy is already showing signs that his decision making is shaky and risky.

2-ONE-5
06-16-2015, 10:37 PM
lol we did not intentionally draft injured players. Noel is the best player n his class and can you honestly say you would have taken anyone that went after Embiid before him?

urban85disciple
06-17-2015, 09:38 AM
Actually, Griffin won rookie of the year so technically he had a hell of a rookie season. It was his first pro season that was lost to injury and if that's all he did then yes he would have been a bust.

It's too early to call Embiid a bust, but the trend is anything but positive.

That was my point. Embiid has yet to play his rookie season.

omdigga
06-17-2015, 10:10 AM
Can you be a bust if you never play a game?

Sadds The Gr8
06-17-2015, 10:49 AM

Interesting. I never thought about it like that. Take #1 overall pick talents that dropped due to injuries, and hold them out to tank and get more top 2-3 picks instead of playing them and risking having a mediocre record. It's like trying to build a super team of 23> year olds. It does seem smart but it's SUPER risky because you can't bank on those guys to come back healthy.

Sadds The Gr8
06-17-2015, 10:50 AM
Can you be a bust if you never play a game?

Agree...I dont think injuries should count in being a bust.

Scoots
06-17-2015, 12:12 PM
Agree...I dont think injuries should count in being a bust.

Turn it around ... if Embiid never plays a game was the draft pick spent to get him a good pick? Of course not. By that measure the draft pick would be a bust since it didn't pay off for the team. It one of those things where if you only knew what the 76ers knew on draft day you'd make the same pick, but if you knew Embiid wouldn't play you would never make that pick.

Sadds The Gr8
06-17-2015, 01:59 PM
Turn it around ... if Embiid never plays a game was the draft pick spent to get him a good pick? Of course not. By that measure the draft pick would be a bust since it didn't pay off for the team. It one of those things where if you only knew what the 76ers knew on draft day you'd make the same pick, but if you knew Embiid wouldn't play you would never make that pick.

Fair enough in a nutshell and in terms of the value. But Im just talking about him strictly as a player. Guess it depends on your definition of bust, which is subjective. To me it just means a high draft pick that sucks

More-Than-Most
07-23-2016, 07:44 PM
http://uproxx.com/dimemag/joel-embiid-workout-drew-hanlen-sixers/

The GOD is coming.

uprightciti
07-23-2016, 08:57 PM
http://uproxx.com/dimemag/joel-embiid-workout-drew-hanlen-sixers/

The GOD is coming.

Yup! A 12 second video of him playing agains a balding white dude = The GOD of the NBA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shammyguy3
07-23-2016, 09:27 PM
Please don't bump year old threads, you can start a new thread discussing Embiid actually playing in the NBA