PDA

View Full Version : Draft Buster?

More-Than-Most
06-14-2015, 03:58 AM
Porzingis..... Is he gonna screw up everyones mock draft boards with how high his stock is rising... Sixers/Lakers/Knicks are all beyond impressed. Whats your thoughts on him?

Silent
06-14-2015, 04:03 AM
The next darko?

Sadds The Gr8
06-14-2015, 04:11 AM
Still doubt he goes in the top 4. Smokescreens.

xxplayerxx23
06-14-2015, 08:21 AM
76ers are only team top 4 I would think has a chance of taking him

Scoots
06-14-2015, 10:57 AM
There are players like that in every draft ... Russel could go as high as 2, Winslow as high as 4, I heard Lyles at 4 earlier this week. I'm not saying it's likely, but talk like this is nothing new.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-14-2015, 01:00 PM
He's weak and soft and poor rebounder. Decent shooter but that's it. Best comparison would be a tooth pick version of Bargnani.

GREATNESS ONE
06-14-2015, 01:05 PM
11 more days!!!!!

JEDean89
06-14-2015, 01:14 PM
People are just repeating what they've heard about this guy. a think, 7' euro who can shoot??? he must be a bust. Except, not necessarily.

Scouts these days are so much better in Europe and Porzingis is not some guy who teams have only seen work out, not actually play. He is 19 and weighs 230 at 7' 1". He will put on weight, like up to over 240 by the time his sophomore campaign begins. AD is like 245. I'm not saying he will be AD, but he has physical similarities. He himself says he envisions being around 250. His jumper looks better than Darko or Bargnani's ever did, and he is a way better athlete than either. He gets his head right around the rim when he dunks, meaning he has a 2 step vert of around 35", which is better than a lot of wings/guards. I don't get why, if the biggest knock on a guy is his body at 19, that you would be too worried about that. Skill can overcome strength, 3 of the best 4 players on the planet (Curry/Durant/Davis) are skinny. We can bank on him weighing at least 15-20 lbs by the time he's in his prime.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2015, 01:21 PM
teams are rightly scared off by top euro prospects considering the history. But he does have a lot of skill, size, and athleticism to be a great player. We will see if he can deal with the transition of playing against bigger, stronger, more athletic players. Most euros that are supposed to be the next big thing just aren't able to transition. For every Dirk, there are 50 Bargnani's.

5ass
06-14-2015, 02:50 PM
He's weak and soft and poor rebounder. Decent shooter but that's it. Best comparison would be a tooth pick version of Bargnani.

Not really. Kids much more mobile, and easily the better defender. He wasn't a weak rebounder in Europe. He averages 10 in 40 minutes. That's alright for a teenage stretch 4. I don't think weakness will be much of an issue for him if he plays the forward positions. This guy can potentially guard 3s and 4s, he moves his feet well on defense. Can provide some rim protection too. Bargs could never do that. I'd also bet he'll become a great shooter.

The thing with porzingis is he needs to land in the right place, and he's still a project. Personally, I think the magic are the best fit for him. Playing with Gordon and vuc will help hide his weaknesses and elevate his strengths.

mngopher35
06-14-2015, 03:04 PM
I have never seen him play but he seems to be a bit of a wildcard. I think the earliest he would go is to the knicks, so maybe I see him in the 4-7 range?

JWO35
06-14-2015, 07:24 PM
I can see guys like Myles Turner & Devin Booker go higher than their "late lottery" projections. Also I can see Emanuel Mudiay sliding if he doesn't get drafted by the Knicks IMO.

Bruno
06-14-2015, 07:27 PM
guy puts the ball on the floor surprisingly well.

Iron24th
06-15-2015, 06:02 AM

This, he's bargnani 2.0, maybe not even as "good" as bargnani.