PDA

View Full Version : Tim Hardaway + Mitch Richmond or Steph Curry + Klay Thompson

JasonJohnHorn
06-13-2015, 12:31 PM
What duo would have been better in the long run.

We know that Curry and Thompson have accomplished more together, but the Warriors GM has also kept them together for more than two season. Don Nelson, brilliant GM/coach that he is, traded Richmond for Billy Owens (when he could have drafted Mutumbo).

Had Hardaway and Richmond stayed together, would they have made a better duo? Their second season together they combined to averaged almost 47 points a game, 12 assists, 10 boards, and over 4 steals a game.

In their fourth year together, Klay and Curry (with far fewer minutes) combined to average 45+ points a game, about 11 assists a game, 7.5 rebounds and 3 steals. I think these numbers, whne you throw in percentages, put them ahead of Hardaway and Richmond, but Hardaway was just coming into his own when Richmond was shipped out.

Would Richmond and Hardaway have made a better duo if they stayed together?

Dade County
06-13-2015, 01:00 PM
I don't know about better, but I'll always would want a player like Tim Hardaway on my team (HEAT fan though).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=85&v=V0HRPIu02Xo

Raidaz4Life
06-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Easily Curry and Thompson.

valade16
06-15-2015, 02:41 PM
Easily Curry and Thompson. Neither Hardaway or Richmond are MVP caliber talents while Curry is.

This would be a closer comparison if it were Hardaway, Richmond and Mullin against Curry, Thompson and Barnes and even then I'm still leaning Curry, Thompson, Barnes.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-19-2015, 12:24 AM
Curry and Thompson.

eDush
03-06-2016, 04:05 PM
If you include the 3rd wheel of the fame Run TMC, they would win a title too running Kerr's system. Bogut, Dray + Run TMC = championship! :nod:

steelcityroller
07-02-2017, 01:38 PM
I don't know about better, but I'll always would want a player like Tim Hardaway on my team (HEAT fan though).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=85&v=V0HRPIu02Xo

As a Knicks fan I would have been perfectly happy with Tim Hardaway staying in Golden State.

abdulie13
08-08-2017, 02:38 AM
Easily current and Thompson. Better shot and equipped with more offensive skills.