PDA

View Full Version : Brook Lopez: Is he a legit free-agency option?

JasonJohnHorn
06-13-2015, 09:05 AM
I've read articles about the Bucks chasing after Lopez, and Brooklyn wanting to keep him, and other teams being interested in him, but I just don't get it.

For me, regardless of his offensive skill set, and the fact that he actually rebounded the ball this year, it seems that Lopez's injury-plagued past, coupled with the fact that he only rebounds during contract years, makes him a huge risk.

He could wind up like Bynum, and just be slowed down by injury, or he could revert back to his 6.1 rebounds-per-36 self again.

Regardless of the upside, is this really a guy you'd want your favorite team to invest a significant amount of money in?

xbrackattackx
06-13-2015, 10:10 AM
He needs to go to the Suns. That training staff will fix him right up. Plus they need a scoring big man in the paint. They should pay him now before the cap goes up so it looks like a deal. If they could snag one of the nice Wing players they would look nice next year.

Bledsoe/knight
Knight/Green
FA/Tucker/Granger
Morris/Morris
Lopez/Len/Wright

Dade County
06-13-2015, 10:59 AM
I believe he's a good serviceable big.

He just needs to be on a team that has other star players in place.

Greet
06-13-2015, 01:37 PM
Best offensive center in the league in terms of actual skill. Rebounding has improved and so has his defense... You keep him healthy and he's a max contract guy

xxplayerxx23
06-13-2015, 01:45 PM
Best offensive center in the league in terms of actual skill. Rebounding has improved and so has his defense... You keep him healthy and he's a max contract guy

Meh

GiantsSwaGG
06-13-2015, 01:52 PM
Meh

He's right but that's asking too much outta him lol

THE MTL
06-13-2015, 02:11 PM

Well its between him and Cousins. Buy yes when healthy he's def worth a max contract but health is asking a lot

Personally I wouldn't touch him unless for a bargain contract around 10mil. His injury history is just too extensive

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 02:22 PM
I don't think he's better on the offensive end than Al Jefferson or cousins.

He's an often injured center who can't rebound.

nycericanguy
06-13-2015, 02:38 PM
I don't think he's better on the offensive end than Al Jefferson or cousins.

He's an often injured center who can't rebound.

he's 10x better than Al Jeff on offense. Al is overrated on offense, needs 16 shots to score 16 points, rarely get to the line and shoots under 50% even though he rarely shoots jumpers.

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 02:48 PM
He's certainly not 10x better than anyone, I'm glad you believe that though. 17 ppg on 14 fga isn't necessarily clockwork. Lopez has had a system tailored to him for basically all of his career.

Funny that you defend cousins. He's the least efficient of all of them and has never produced wins. Lopez seems kind of ***** like to me (sorry?).

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 02:53 PM
What is your argument about again?

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Anyways, I want nothing to do with him. Zero room in my world for centers who can't rebound. Even if he were healthy.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Yeah the Bucks are linked to Chandler and Lopez. They would look into Jordan but know he probably stays with Clippers or ups his price teasing with Mavs then stays with L.A. Also now Steve Kyler rumor mentions Bucks interested in Hibbert. Not sure if that means Pacers toss in #11 as well for a big TPE? Or a pick swap. I rather not trade if we have to toss back #17. Hibbert is a walking corpse now.

Personally as a Bucks fan rather fly under the radar after guys like Ajinca or Koufus or Withey or Quinn. Or small ball with Giannis at center and go after another SF like Green or Carroll just to play spoilers. But Lopez scoring would be nice though. Since Bucks did have some ugly games of nice D but barely scoring 80. Chandlers D would be nice but a bit of over kill. But this the last time Bucks have a chance with their name in a hat for a free agent. Cause next year all teams have capspace.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Put a defensive PF beside him and he's fine.

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 03:15 PM
That is such a backwards concept though I feel like. Defense needs to be anchored from the 5. Call me old fashioned.

nycericanguy
06-13-2015, 03:20 PM
He's certainly not 10x better than anyone, I'm glad you believe that though. 17 ppg on 14 fga isn't necessarily clockwork. Lopez has had a system tailored to him for basically all of his career.

Funny that you defend cousins. He's the least efficient of all of them and has never produced wins. Lopez seems kind of ***** like to me (sorry?).

DMC is very efficient because he gets to the line alot at least... but im not a big fan of his game, his shot selection for a guy his size is just not good.

Lopez is on another planet offensively compared to AL though... over 50% and over 80% at the line... he's a great scorer.

i;ve never heard of anyone that thought Al was a better Offensive C than Lopez.. it's really not even close.

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 03:27 PM
Dude I'm gonna stop you right there. The finals ( thats the goal, no one curr about your regular season swag) currently features a player who has a chance of beating a team on his own while shooting 40% from the field. Find someone more feeble minded to debate with.

Robbw241
06-13-2015, 03:36 PM
Dude I'm gonna stop you right there. The finals ( thats the goal, no one curr about your regular season swag) currently features a player who has a chance of beating a team on his own while shooting 40% from the field. Find someone more feeble minded to debate with.

Comparing Al Jefferson to Lebron, you should be his agent.

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 03:43 PM
Because I'm bringing up a real life example, said two players are comparable?

Yeah ok. Let it be known for the record (for those of you who need this, Jesus Christ.). I am not comparing al Jefferson to lebron James.

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 03:48 PM
The idea is that a scheme can be planned around a lot of these players. A lot of you value percentages when you should be valuing intangibles and possession control statistics.

I don't really have anything else to say about that. Lol @ bringing up DMC's ft opportunities. Those guys have been the worst team in the league since he's been on the roster. Sorry just saw that. Are we building a fantasy championship, or an NBA one?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Just as long as he is't on the Nets next year, I'm happy. Gotta make the pick juicier for the Celtics.

RLundi
06-13-2015, 05:16 PM
DMC is very efficient because he gets to the line alot at least... but im not a big fan of his game, his shot selection for a guy his size is just not good.

Lopez is on another planet offensively compared to AL though... over 50% and over 80% at the line... he's a great scorer.

i;ve never heard of anyone that thought Al was a better Offensive C than Lopez.. it's really not even close.

"On another planet" is an exaggeration. Maybe if you only look at this past season for Al. He literally had the worst year of his career and was injury-riddled for a large chunk of the season. Other seasons, he compares pretty favorably to Lopez on the offensive end. Brook still gets the nod because he's just produced better and clearly is the better offensive option, but not by a huge margin. It's closer than you think.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-13-2015, 05:39 PM
That is such a backwards concept though I feel like. Defense needs to be anchored from the 5. Call me old fashioned.

Most of the offensive big men are playing PF. Most centers in the league now aren't dominating the post game.

I mean you still want your center to be able to defend the rim since it limits the perimeter players from getting to the rim and improves your help defense, but if I'm playing man to man, I don't really care if Lopez is guarding guys who aren't able to score dominantly in the post like Chandler, Noah, Asik, etc and the Cs who actually are able to score seem to be pulling farther from the basket and making jump shots instead of hooks/dunks/lay ups.

xxplayerxx23
06-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Lopez actually isn't a terrible rim protector you need a strong post defender at they 4 with him. Don't know about a max but he's not bad

ThePlayoffs
06-13-2015, 11:08 PM
Just as long as he is't on the Nets next year, I'm happy. Gotta make the pick juicier for the Celtics.

my man

ThePlayoffs
06-13-2015, 11:12 PM
Lopez actually isn't a terrible rim protector you need a strong post defender at they 4 with him. Don't know about a max but he's not bad

Key to a good defense is a strong rim protector that discourages shots at the rim. The combo of his past injuries and his underwhelming defense make him not worth anything near a max deal.

If you were to put a strong defensive pf next to him it might work but good luck.

kingsdelez24
06-14-2015, 01:38 AM

Says monroefan..

Cousins would produce more wins if his team wasn't so damn incompetent without him on the floor

Silent
06-14-2015, 04:08 AM

Not even top 5

MonroeFAN
06-14-2015, 07:01 AM
Kings, it's time to move on from that theory. You haven't been good since he's been on your roster, period. Sorry if I offended you.

I would gladly change my username, as I've explained in other topics I made this during his rookie year. He was full of promise and I didn't realize how big of a turd he would become.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-14-2015, 11:04 AM
Kings, it's time to move on from that theory. You haven't been good since he's been on your roster, period. Sorry if I offended you.

I would gladly change my username, as I've explained in other topics I made this during his rookie year. He was full of promise and I didn't realize how big of a turd he would become. Probably PM Sports Illustrator or Bob at York you want your screen name changed. A few Bucks posters got their name changed.

Greet
06-14-2015, 11:15 AM
Not even top 5

In terms of offense? You're flat out wrong

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-14-2015, 12:57 PM
Most Lopez can fetch is 5/$125M from Nets or anyone else 4/$79.5M.

JasonJohnHorn
06-14-2015, 04:00 PM

Lopez is actually a decent defensive center. Good shot blocker. He's just not a good rebounder.

MonroeFAN
06-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Yeah that's valid, he definitely can defend the rim. I tend to group rebounding in with that, but it's not necessarily fair.