PDA

View Full Version : Sooooo....how about moving those cameramen out the way for player safety?

CityofChaos
06-12-2015, 02:04 AM
The last player that I can remember who seriously got injured by a cameraman was Jason Richardson but Im sure there are others that I cant recall because the incidents werent as severe that you guys know about. But considering what happened to Lebron tonight will the NBA FINALLY move those f*ckers out the way?

I mean at this point its almost a no brainer, right?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-12-2015, 02:09 AM
Not possible really. There's a lot of danger on the floor, not just the camera men. The bench, announce table, stanchion support, the fans.

Camera men aren't any closer than those other things on the floor.

CityofChaos
06-12-2015, 02:19 AM
Not possible really. There's a lot of danger on the floor, not just the camera men. The bench, announce table, stanchion support, the fans.

Camera men aren't any closer than those other things on the floor.

Yea but the areas where players tend to end up after a play within proximity of the basket are where the cameramen, who not to mention are holding heavy *** broadcast cameras with hard edges, sit.

More-Than-Most
06-12-2015, 02:21 AM
Na he wasnt hurt he was just faking no need to move the cameramen.

Iron24th
06-12-2015, 02:41 AM
Na he wasnt hurt he was just faking no need to move the cameramen.

even the bleeding was fake, it is obvious

raiderposting
06-12-2015, 02:48 AM
He flopped and he got ****ed for it. He should not have fallen that way naturally from the angle he got hit. you can clearly see he exaggerated to get a call

More-Than-Most
06-12-2015, 02:50 AM
He flopped and he got ****ed for it. He should not have fallen that way naturally from the angle he got hit. you can clearly see he exaggerated to get a call

:laugh:

I am not even gonna bother.

numba1CHANGsta
06-12-2015, 02:56 AM
Man Up & Quit Whining

Supreme LA
06-12-2015, 03:08 AM

What he said does have some truth to it though. Not trying to hate on Lebron but his overreaction is really what led to him colliding into the cameraman. It certainly wasn't the foul from Bogut.

lamzoka
06-12-2015, 03:13 AM

Im the biggest lebron fan, but he right tho. LeBron got fouled, but he exaggerated the contact and ended up at the camera guy.

First they showed his dick on live tv, then they cut his head open. ESPN/ABC dont love lebrun no more. lol

Greedy22
06-12-2015, 03:33 AM
He straight up dove into the camera man.

lincecum=future
06-12-2015, 04:05 AM
He didn't dive into the camera man but him trying to embellish the foul call caused him to lose his balance and go head first into the camera. At least that's what I thought.

moshy2
06-12-2015, 04:06 AM
Yeah LeBron easily doesn't hit the cameraman and definitely not head first if he doesn't try to randomly spike the ball after the foul. Bogut clearly fouled him, clearly pushed him that general direction, and LeBron was off balance to a degree but the exaggeration to get the foul call he was already getting is what caused that whole thing. I mean I'm sure the person considered by many as the greatest athlete of his generation has a little more coordination and body control than that.
I'm not even a LeBron hater. It wasn't a flop cause that would assume there was minimal contact. There was obvious contact, but certainly not enough to knock LeBron into the first row. How many people in the world can even do that? I don't feel bad for LeBron or give him extra hero points for this. They reviewed the foul to see if it was a flagrant, so what was the need for the theatrics? You were always getting the foul.
All that said, move the damn cameras!! This wasn't even the cameramans fault (watching the Cavs fan/personnel/whatever he was berate him for it was pissing me off honestly) but there's no need for all those cameras to be there. You have the announcers and PA guy and all those behind a desk, why not the cameras too? Or just ****ing move them back a little. I can only speak for myself, but the minimal amount of court side shots they get from them the whole game is not why I watch the Finals. I won't enjoy the Finals any less if they weren't there. IMO it's another byproduct of the casual fan

JNA17
06-12-2015, 05:19 AM
He straight up dove into the camera man.

That he did. Lebron did his usual over-exaggeration whenever someone bodies him a bit, changes direction as he proceeds in falling and dives in.

I hope no one is actually blaming the camera man. He didn't sit any closer than any other person in that row.

Greedy22
06-12-2015, 05:22 AM
His theatrics definitely backfired on him in that monent. Definitely a hard, but clean foul for sure, but he over exaggerated big time and to me looks like he dove into the camera man.

2-ONE-5
06-12-2015, 08:45 AM
soon as the queen gets a boo boo lets get rid of them.

they should have been gone a long time ago but i cant stand the fact the topic come back up after James gets a little cut when how amny players have ran into the camera man this year?

they should maybe back em up a little more and add a padded like 3 foot wall in front of em

D-Leethal
06-12-2015, 08:54 AM
Definitely didn't flop there. He landed awkwardly and had no balance to collect himself.

Cameras aren't going anywhere. The shots those cameras get are too valuable.

BDawk4Prez
06-12-2015, 09:06 AM
What he said does have some truth to it though. Not trying to hate on Lebron but his overreaction is really what led to him colliding into the cameraman. It certainly wasn't the foul from Bogut.

This.

MarkieMark48
06-12-2015, 09:12 AM
I think the more important question is would Kobes or MJs head have bled any if they hit a camera the same way?

ewing
06-12-2015, 09:29 AM
The last player that I can remember who seriously got injured by a cameraman was Jason Richardson but Im sure there are others that I cant recall because the incidents werent as severe that you guys know about. But considering what happened to Lebron tonight will the NBA FINALLY move those f*ckers out the way?

Not if it hurts my viewing experience. You play a professional sport for millions if this is your dire work related hazard, i don't give a ****

MarkieMark48
06-12-2015, 09:33 AM
soon as the queen gets a boo boo lets get rid of them.

I think ABC showed that he has certain equipment that would make him ineligible of being a Queen... well unless he pulls the whole Caitlyn Jenner thing off

ewing
06-12-2015, 09:38 AM
I think ABC showed that he has certain equipment that would make him ineligible of being a Queen... well unless he pulls the whole Caitlyn Jenner thing off

ABC showed his Johnson?

RowBTrice
06-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Watch the video. Another drama queen flop by Lebron. There's zero reason he needed to go into the cameramen. He WANTED to. Stop flopping and that wouldn't of happened. Heck, Lebron should have to pay to replace any damaged equipment due to his flopping.

MarkieMark48
06-12-2015, 10:53 AM
ABC showed his Johnson?

Didn't they? I don't know? I heard they did, but I havent seen it... I enjoy watching him play basketball, but I have no need or want to see his dong.

NYKnickFanatic
06-12-2015, 11:05 AM
I never liked the cameras there and always thought it was dangerous.

There really is no point for cameramen to be so close when cameras have an incredible zoom.

deaner
06-12-2015, 11:45 AM

There really is no point for cameramen to be so close when cameras have an incredible zoom.

You can't have a handheld camera from that angle and use a longer lens for two reasons:

1. It's more difficult to be steady with the longer lens you go

2. With a longer lens you actually need to remove more seats which arenas would never agree to the loss of revenue.

The only long term solution would be to make these handhelds under the baskets robotics cameras. You would probably need two cameras instead of one just to get the same coverage that an operator can get. That camera shoots benches, plays at the basket, hero shots from the other end, all player frame with shot clock for final shots of quarters, player walkoff shots, sideline reporter shots, pre and post game player and coach interviews.... It's definitely not as easy as you make it out to be.

One issue is that this particular cameraman took off his lens hood and B glass. He probably has dust or a scratch on the protective 2nd glass of the lens. There's a lens hood that protects the lens from flares from lights that he removed which caused the lens to be physically sharper on contact than normal.

I don think most of you guys or players see the other side of the coin. Every camera person I work with complains to the nba about the boxes they are forced to work from. They fear they are too close and in the direct angle for horrible contact. It's an unsafe working environment and they are forced to be there. Extra seats are always sold for revenue and push these guys too close. Also, they used to be situated beside the stantion and were able to tuck in and feel safe... Now he nba ruled these egress lanes beside the stantions. Add the camera box positions back to where they were and move the lanes out 18 inches. I'm sorry you lose 4 times 3 seats deep. I'd love to see one of these camera men sue the NBA for an unsafe working environment because the want extra seats.

Oh, and LeBron totally embellished. I laughed when that guy yelled it's your fault to the camera operator. He was totally in the box assigned to him by the PR department.

End of rant/

raiderposting
06-12-2015, 11:47 AM

because you are flat out wrong. as everyone here agreed, he got it, but he exaggerated the contact which caused him to **** his head up.

ewing
06-12-2015, 11:49 AM
You can't have a handheld camera from that angle and use a longer lens for two reasons:

1. It's more difficult to be steady with the longer lens you go

2. With a longer lens you actually need to remove more seats which arenas would never agree to the loss of revenue.

The only long term solution would be to make these handhelds under the baskets robotics cameras. You would probably need two cameras instead of one just to get the same coverage that an operator can get. That camera shoots benches, plays at the basket, hero shots from the other end, all player frame with shot clock for final shots of quarters, player walkoff shots, sideline reporter shots, pre and post game player and coach interviews.... It's definitely not as easy as you make it out to be.

One issue is that this particular cameraman took off his lens hood and B glass. He probably has dust or a scratch on the protective 2nd glass of the lens. There's a lens hood that protects the lens from flares from lights that he removed which caused the lens to be physically sharper on contact than normal.

I don think most of you guys or players see the other side of the coin. Every camera person I work with complains to the nba about the boxes they are forced to work from. They fear they are too close and in the direct angle for horrible contact. It's an unsafe working environment and they are forced to be there. Extra seats are always sold for revenue and push these guys too close. Also, they used to be situated beside the stantion and were able to tuck in and feel safe... Now he nba ruled these egress lanes beside the stantions. Add the camera box positions back to where they were and move the lanes out 18 inches. I'm sorry you lose 4 times 3 seats deep. I'd love to see one of these camera men sue the NBA for an unsafe working environment because the want extra seats.

Oh, and LeBron totally embellished. I laughed when that guy yelled it's your fault to the camera operator. He was totally in the box assigned to him by the PR department.

End of rant/

thxs. cool to hear the true behind the scenes

deaner
06-12-2015, 11:49 AM
because you are flat out wrong. as everyone here agreed, he got it, but he exaggerated the contact which caused him to **** his head up.

LeBron also similarly pushed Livingston in a more dangerous manner later in the game.

SLY WILLIAMS
06-12-2015, 11:56 AM
I do not think he planned to hurt himself by going in to the camera man but it did look like he threw himself in to that area on purpose. Maybe he thought Delly is getting so much publicity for going to the floor I will try to wake up the crowd and my team by doing it also.

D-Leethal
06-12-2015, 11:59 AM

Zoom can't manufacture angles. There is plenty of reason they are that close.

raiderposting
06-12-2015, 11:59 AM
I do not think he planned to hurt himself by going in to the camera man but it did look like he threw himself in to that area on purpose. Maybe he thought Delly is getting so much publicity for going to the floor I will try to wake up the crowd and my team by doing it also.

oh nobody is saying that, im just saying thats what he got for trying to exaggerate the contact. I got no problem with players acting a little if there was real contact. With lebron it was real contact but he took the acting to a whole other level.

deaner
06-12-2015, 12:02 PM

There was another time under the basket that LeBron got some contact and then a second later threw his head back and acted like he was snipered. I don't think the best player on the planet needs to embellish and taint the game.

deaner
06-12-2015, 12:06 PM
After the play, you may also have seen a rather angry-seeming man cursing out the cameraman for, I dunno, sitting in his assigned spot or something. (Warning: He uses naughty words in this clip.) He wasnít done being angry at anyone and everyone, apparently. Mr. Happy here is Lynn Merritt, who is Jamesís brand manager at Nike. He has, shall we say, a history of protecting James from the cameraís probing eye. In 2009, word got out that two videographers at the LeBron James Skills Academy had filmed Xavierís Jordan Crawford dunking on James. God forbid this footage of LeBron getting dunked on get out, right? So Merritt went around and confiscated the footage, as documented at the time by Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com.

NYKnickFanatic
06-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Zoom can't manufacture angles. There is plenty of reason they are that close.

Which angles are you talking about?

raiderposting
06-12-2015, 12:13 PM

dick pick angles.

SLY WILLIAMS
06-12-2015, 12:24 PM
There was another time under the basket that LeBron got some contact and then a second later threw his head back and acted like he was snipered. I don't think the best player on the planet needs to embellish and taint the game.

I agree with you to a point. Sadly many good players embellish to sell the call but at some point they cross the line from playing ball to acting.

D-Leethal
06-12-2015, 01:47 PM

The angles you get from sitting where they sit on the baseline.

apocalypse15
06-12-2015, 02:05 PM
They should stay where they are. I am sure cameramen have been injured more than the players have, we just don't hear about it and they are still willing to sit where they do. Not to mention it has been that way for decades. If they were to move back, how far do you move them? Let's say 6 feet. Even then a players momentum will carry them 6 feet easily when going hard for the basketball on the sidelines.

celtNYpatsHeels
06-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Or Lebron could just not dive into the camera man?

Midnightbottle
06-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Least he didn't punch the camera dude In the penis like rodman

Hangin n Wangin
06-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Or hairy vaginas, like LeBron, can not flop right into the camera man to over exaggerate a normal foul.

deaner
06-12-2015, 02:57 PM
In ten year will we be calling this the:
1. Baby pecker Game or "its your fault!" Game??

R. Johnson#3
06-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Last night Lebron got so obsessed with wanting to be the centre of attention that he literally tried to jump into the viewers living rooms. Unfortunately he didn't make it through the camera. I'm sure he'll try again though.

Supreme LA
06-12-2015, 05:33 PM
I agree with you to a point. Sadly many good players embellish to sell the call but at some point they cross the line from playing ball to acting.

It's more the new era of superstars that are doing this. I really can't remember Kobe, KG, or Duncan ever doing this.

PowerHouse
06-12-2015, 07:14 PM
If a cameraman's crushed testicles (from Dennis Rodman due to his frustration of their close proximity) and subsequent lawsuit that he filed on the league didnt convince them to move the cameramen, then a Lebron flop/dive surely wont either.

/thread

LakerShow
06-12-2015, 07:42 PM
LeBron looked like he was participating in a diving competition. He over does it when he gets fouled.

lol, please
06-12-2015, 10:36 PM

Maybe if he didn't flop with a vengeance like a James harden stunt double he wouldn't get his butt kicked by a camera lens. :shrug:

5ass
06-12-2015, 10:52 PM
Bogut pushed LeBron downwards hard on that play, LeBron was just trying to land on his feet. Any other player would've probably hit the floor immediately and gotten hurt.

Anyway, I always hated that the scorers table, bench, front row and camera men are so close to the court.

blahblahyoutoo
06-13-2015, 12:14 AM
even the bleeding was fake, it is obvious

the blood was as real as the flop. he just wasn't expecting to lunge into a camera.

and just because there's blood doesn't mean it was a serious blow. all you need is to break skin and it will bleed. not hard to do after coming into contact with a blunt object like the edge of a lens.

blahblahyoutoo
06-13-2015, 12:21 AM

not only the collision. did you see him writhing in pain, twisting and contorting the body afterwards? i've bumped my head pretty hard before and those aren't the natural body movements you make after a blow to the head.

this blow to the head was much harder than lebrons, even though it didn't draw blood because it didn't break skin. notice the lack of body twisting and contorting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=130yA9aXTa4

and of course after a few minutes of acting, i mean agonizing pain, lebron walks up like nothing happened to shoot the free throws.

lets face it, lebron wanted to either:
a) show the refs he was getting hit by exaggerating and diving into the crowd
b) justify his poor play by making the injury seem worse than it really was
c) both

Scoots
06-13-2015, 08:35 PM
How about softer lens shields?

blahblahyoutoo
06-13-2015, 10:21 PM
How about softer lens shields?

right... lets change all the camera men's lens hoods because we have one guy who intentionally and chronically leaps into them.

lets have the manufacturers create these softer lens hoods of all different sizes to appease one player. that seems to make financial sense.

Phantom Dreamer
06-13-2015, 10:27 PM
Least he didn't punch the camera dude In the penis like rodmanRodman stomped the guy in the thigh.

QueensG_718
06-13-2015, 10:49 PM
Thats what lebron gets for flopping into the cameraman

QueensG_718
06-13-2015, 10:50 PM
Lebron should get fined for the flop into the cameraman

flea
06-13-2015, 10:59 PM
The karma gods pay Lebron back for his flopping and yet the LeBoners want to alter the TV broadcasts in case he ever flops into the cameras again. Typical. I would say it's the most pathetic sports thing I've seen this year, but we had Pats fans acting like middle school science teachers trying to tell everyone about pv=nrt for the last 3 months.

Scoots
06-14-2015, 12:19 AM
right... lets change all the camera men's lens hoods because we have one guy who intentionally and chronically leaps into them.

lets have the manufacturers create these softer lens hoods of all different sizes to appease one player. that seems to make financial sense.

Yes. The cameramen have HUGE collections of gear and adding some "player safer" hoods would be a cheap expense for their business. Also, it's not just LeBron, it was just LeBron this time. Sure LeBron exaggerated the contact, but that's not my point ... why not minimize the danger to players none of us want to see hurt?