PDA

View Full Version : Cavs fans reminiscent of Heat fans

TylerSL
06-12-2015, 01:48 AM
A couple years ago the media and basketball fans alike gave the Miami Heat fans all sorts of hell for leaving a Finals game before it was concluded. The Miami Heat were down by 5 points with under 30 seconds remaining when fans started leaving the American Airlines Arena in Game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals. The Spurs led the series 3-2 at the time so Miami was on the verge of dropping a 2nd NBA Finals in 3 years. Even I was upset when Miami fans walked out, 30 seconds was plenty of time especially when we had the ball. Well tonight Cleveland fans were starting to leave when the Cavs were down by 16 points with 4 minutes remaining. Now I understand 16 points is a big margain but there were 4 minutes left in the game, that's quite a bit of time. Also the stakes for Miami were greater because that was an elimination game and here Cleveland just failed to go up 3-1 in the Finals.

Yet not one word is mentioned how Cleveland fans were leaving the game. I know it's not the a big story because the Cavaliers did not come back like the Heat did, but I do find it a little hypocritical that nobody mentions it at all. Four minutes left seems pretty early to consider a five possession game over. I'm not trying to pick on Cavalier fans rather shed light on the double standard by the media and others who picked on the Heat for doing the very same thing.

If Cleveland had stormed back do you think this would have been a story? Or would nobody make a big deal out of like they did in Miami?

Discuss.

AllDay28
06-12-2015, 01:58 AM
The game was over ... Cavs had no energy ... I don't blame them

Raps08-09 Champ
06-12-2015, 02:02 AM
Fans leave early all the time when games are out of reach.

KB24PG16
06-12-2015, 02:05 AM
they might be the same fans from that miami game :shrug:

Avenged
06-12-2015, 02:07 AM
They're the same exact fans. Relax.

Teeboy1487
06-12-2015, 02:07 AM
:laugh:

goingfor28
06-12-2015, 02:08 AM
16 pts is quite a bit different than 5 points

CityofChaos
06-12-2015, 02:10 AM
Well the Cavs fans aren't necessarily the most loyal fans to start with sooo....no suprise? I mean, you wouldnt see fans leaving early ESPECIALLY during a finals game in most other arenas. Not in Oracle, Staples, Moda, Chesapeake...

Dade County
06-12-2015, 02:11 AM

:laugh2:

Bless you

OP... Most of america hates south floridians.

CityofChaos
06-12-2015, 02:13 AM

LOL If you were an avid basketball fan you'd understand that teams have come back from even larger leads with even less time remaining. 4-5 minutes is alllooottttt of time

Corey
06-12-2015, 02:13 AM
If I pay that much for a Finals ticket, im staying until the end regardless of the score

TylerSL
06-12-2015, 02:32 AM

No it isnt. Not when there is 4 minutes left compared to 20 seconds. 2 possession game with no shot clock and 5 possession game with 6-8 offensive plays left. Double Standard.

TylerSL
06-12-2015, 02:35 AM
The game was over ... Cavs had no energy ... I don't blame them

Could have said the same thing about the Heat being down 5 with less than 30 seconds. They had to not only hit two 3 pointers, they had to rely on missed free throws to get that game to OT. Game isn't over til the final horn sounds.

Redrum187
06-12-2015, 02:42 AM
I remember the Mavericks were down game 2 in the 2011 Finals by like 15 points with 6 minutes to go. That is probably one of the greatest Finals comebacks of all time, but I don't really blame Cav fans for leaving. They would be kicking themselves had they come back to win it and yes, I'm sure the media would have reported "LeBron goes off for 35 points with 4 minutes to go after Cavs fan walk out!"

numba1CHANGsta
06-12-2015, 02:58 AM
LeBron fans act like spoiled little brats.

Big Zo
06-12-2015, 07:05 AM
The only non-bandwagon fan in the arena last night, was Marlins Man.

thenaj17
06-12-2015, 07:51 AM

Haha this

Ty Fast
06-12-2015, 08:35 PM

Bless you

Cuz they're jealous

HandsOnTheWheel
06-12-2015, 08:43 PM
The only non-bandwagon fan in the arena last night, was Marlins Man.

Lol which major sporting event isn't he at? Guy is everywhere.

kubernetes
06-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Four minutes is an eternity in the 4th qtr. Sixteen point lead means 4pt/min pace to make up, which is very doable with just a few threes and good defense. Heck, they could have played hack-a-Iguodala until the 2 minute mark and probably closed it to single digits.

kozelkid
06-12-2015, 09:06 PM

Bless you

No one cares about South Florida; only reason people gave two ****s about the Miami Heat is because Lebron was there. Without Lebron, no one cares about them. In just one season since he has left, they barely ever hit the news for the average sports fan. And anyway, besides the Heat, South Florida has been irrelevant since the early 2000 Canes.

And yes, most of those Heat "fans" were probably just Lebron fans.

LakerShow
06-12-2015, 10:15 PM
They should get some heat for it.

Bandwagon fake fans

lol, please
06-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Just pathetic. They make Philly fans look like saints.

Lebronites. What are you gonna do, right?

I'd have sooner ripped off my flag and joined the Talibán while in Afghanistan than walk out on my team before the final whistle.

SportsFanatic10
06-12-2015, 11:39 PM
No one cares about South Florida; only reason people gave two ****s about the Miami Heat is because Lebron was there. Without Lebron, no one cares about them. In just one season since he has left, they barely ever hit the news for the average sports fan. And anyway, besides the Heat, South Florida has been irrelevant since the early 2000 Canes.

Ah some Bulls fans...they hate Miami so much lol...The Heat were 6th in attendance this year, try again.
http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

Sure there were many bandwagoners, any team that gets a player like Lebron is going to have fans of his following him over. But Heat fans are more legit then people give them credit for. So enough of this BS narrative that many just assume when it's actually false.

The Heat are one of the NBA's most successful franchises with a great reputation no matter what you say. Wade has been an elite player and had them on the map for years before James. And I think the Heat hit the news more than you pretend with Whiteside's emergence and the biggest trade of the deadline with Dragic as just a few examples right there.

Big Zo
06-12-2015, 11:39 PM

^ Mad.

kozelkid
06-12-2015, 11:43 PM
Ah some Bulls fans...they hate Miami so much lol...The Heat were 6th in attendance this year, try again.
http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

Sure there were many bandwagoners, any team that gets a player like Lebron is going to have fans of his following him over. But Heat fans are more legit then people give them credit for. So enough of this BS narrative that many just assume when it's actually false.

The Heat are one of the NBA's most successful franchises with a great reputation no matter what you say. Wade has been an elite player and had them on the map for years before James. And I think the Heat hit the news more than you pretend with Whiteside's emergence and the biggest trade of the deadline with Dragic as just a few examples right there.

Yes, carryover from the previous season of the big 3.

And frankly I don't even care about the attendance. My response was to the comment that the entire country hates Miami. No they don't. No one cares about Miami at this point anymore than about Chicago, or Detroit, or Phoenix, or Dallas or any other random city.

In each sport, there is maybe one or two teams that consistently garner that attention. In basketball it's the Lakers. In football, it's the Pats (and maybe Seattle these days). And in baseball it's the Yankees. Miami as never had the consistent success of ANY of these teams. Though it compares to Seattle when they had Lebron.

^ Mad.

About what? Heat had their glory, congrats. Keyword: HAD.

SportsFanatic10
06-12-2015, 11:44 PM
I like how people try to say well if the Heat never got Lebron nobody would care about them. Makes no sense, they did get Lebron. And that's partly a testament to how good of an organization they really are right there. Lebron wasn't just gonna leave his hometown to go to some crappy franchise. How about if the Bulls never had Jordan? Like come on now...

kozelkid
06-12-2015, 11:48 PM
I like how people try to say well if the Heat never got Lebron noone would care lol. Makes no sense, they did get Lebron. How about if the Bulls never had Jordan? Like come on now...

Yes if the Bulls never had Jordan, they would be COMPLETELY irrelevant.

Very few sports franchises managed to have multiple eras where they stray beyond the identity of a single superstar. Lakers are one. Celtics are another.

Bulls history hinges almost exclusively on MJ. Likewise with Miami and the success they had with Lebron/Wade. For average fans to specifically care about a city that they have little ties to, that city has to have had a long line of success.

SportsFanatic10
06-12-2015, 11:52 PM
Yes, carryover from the previous season of the big 3.

And frankly I don't even care about the attendance. My response was to the comment that the entire country hates Miami. No they don't. No one cares about Miami at this point anymore than about Chicago, or Detroit, or Phoenix, or Dallas or any other random city.

In each sport, there is maybe one or two teams that consistently garner that attention. In basketball it's the Lakers. In football, it's the Pats (and maybe Seattle these days). And in baseball it's the Yankees. Miami as never had the consistent success of ANY of these teams

Miami will have good attendance once again this year, it's not carryover but whatever. I agree that the entire country doesn't hate Miami, but I disagree with some of he labels that people commonly associate with the team and their fans.

About what? Heat had their glory, congrats. Keyword: HAD.

Ditto for the Bulls...

SportsFanatic10
06-12-2015, 11:53 PM
Yes if the Bulls never had Jordan, they would be COMPLETELY irrelevant.

Very few sports franchises managed to have multiple eras where they stray beyond the identity of a single superstar. Lakers are one. Celtics are another.

Bulls history hinges almost exclusively on MJ. Likewise with Miami and the success they had with Lebron/Wade. For average fans to specifically care about a city that they have little ties to, that city has to have had a long line of success.

Fair enough, I can agree with this.

kozelkid
06-12-2015, 11:56 PM
Miami will have good attendance once again this year, it's not carryover but whatever. I agree that the entire country doesn't hate Miami, but I disagree with some of he labels that people commonly associate with the team and their fans.

Doesn't really matter to me, to be honest.

Ditto for the Bulls...

Which is what I said...

Scoots
06-13-2015, 08:32 PM
There are Heat fans, Cavs fans and LeBron fans ... there is some crossover, but the LeBron fans seem very insecure.

RLundi
06-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Heat fans arrived late AND left early. And at least they make some noise. You ever been to the AAA? It was dead some nights. How can an arena with LBJ be dead at any point?? Cleveland fans are better, hands down. There's no comparison.

Vee-Rex
06-14-2015, 11:29 AM
Heat fans arrived late AND left early. And at least they make some noise. You ever been to the AAA? It was dead some nights. How can an arena with LBJ be dead at any point?? Cleveland fans are better, hands down. There's no comparison.

When your city hasn't won a sports title in 50 years, it's a little more understanding when its fans are emotional. Our fans have nothing to build off on, yet as a small-market team we still sell out games, prior to LBJ being drafted and prior to LBJ coming back.

I know the OP is trying to draw a parallel between Cavs and Heat fans, but if you look at everything in context you'll easily see that Cavs (and Cleveland fans in general) are far more supportive of their sports teams. We're just more likely to get overly emotional throughout the course of the year and through games.

Down by 16 in 4 minutes when your team is gassed, injured, depleted, etc... is far more understanding than 5 points in 20 seconds. I mean come on, 1 three made, a foul, a missed free throw and it's a 3 point game. No excuse for fans to leave there.

lol, please
06-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Warriors haven't won in 40 years. No excuses

G_S_W
06-14-2015, 04:12 PM
If I pay that much for a Finals ticket, im staying until the end regardless of the score

If you paid that much, you're probably already extremely rich and wouldn't worry about getting every last cent's worth. :)

G_S_W
06-14-2015, 04:13 PM
It's just a game. If it's not entertaining, the ticket buyer/owner has every right to leave. Unless of course, they are interfering with the 'right' other spectators/ticket holders to enjoy the game by doing so.

Vee-Rex
06-14-2015, 04:17 PM
Warriors haven't won in 40 years. No excuses

City, not team.

lol, please
06-14-2015, 04:53 PM
"Cleveland is the city, the city where we come from" - Bone

apocalypse15
06-14-2015, 06:07 PM
Of course down by 16 with no momentum at all is a HUGE difference than 4 points with 30 seconds. I think the Miami fans trying to all get back in is what made it a much bigger deal.

Lil Rhody
06-14-2015, 06:10 PM
Well they are the same fans right?

Corey
06-14-2015, 06:27 PM
If you paid that much, you're probably already extremely rich and wouldn't worry about getting every last cent's worth. :)

I mean I could afford to go now, but im by no means rich.