PDA

View Full Version : Bucks-Pistons trade

Stunner
06-11-2015, 03:33 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Milwaukee has traded forward Ersan Ilyasova to Detroit for Caron Butler and Shawne Williams, league sources tell Yahoo.

@WojYahooNBA: For Bucks, this is chance to shed salary, bringing in contracts that could be waived. Milwaukee could have $22M in cap space.

@WojYahooNBA: With the free agency of Greg Monroe looming, Detroit gets Ilyasova to plug into the power forward spot.

NYKnickFanatic
06-11-2015, 03:41 PM
Gundy got his stretch 4.

Stunner
06-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Bucks should go after Deandre Jordan

MCW
Kris
Antegrfrddrdrr
Parker
Jordan

Pistons most likely will hope Winslow falls or they will take Stanley or Oubre

sixer04fan
06-11-2015, 03:52 PM
Win-win.

Gives Milwaukee freedom to do some things in FA in addition to retaining Middleton. Also frees up room for their other 4's.

And I like Ilyasova paired with Drummond. Think that's a nice complementary front court.

MonroeFAN
06-11-2015, 03:59 PM
Um.

Hell yeah!

JWO35
06-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Like the trade from the Pistons perspective, Ilyasova replaces Monroe & fits SVG 1in-4out system much better. Plus the Pistons fills a need before the draft or free agency even starts....in which they have a Top 10 pick & a ton of cap space to work with

MonroeFAN
06-11-2015, 04:04 PM
I realize his health is a slight concern, but he's one of the best fits for this system available, and we basically absorbed his salary.

SVG has now landed Jackson & Ghost face illya for spare parts.

5ass
06-11-2015, 04:16 PM
So people think van Gundy is going to try and turn Drummond into their focus offensively like he did Dwight? He will fall flat on his *** if Drummond shoots 37% from the FT line. That has to get better, 3 years in the NBA and yet to shoot over 42%. Come on now.

kingkenny01
06-11-2015, 04:22 PM
This is an awesome trade cause Milwaukee signs so many free agents

FraziersKnicks
06-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Really improves the Pistons spacing, I like this trade for them a lot.

Really looking forward to seeing Monroe in the orange and blue as well :D

Raps08-09 Champ
06-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Great trade for the Pistons. Ilyasova will bring his value up. Him and Drummond will play well.

NYKnickFanatic
06-11-2015, 04:29 PM
Um.

Hell yeah!

Awesome trade. I've always liked Ily. Gundy will utilize him really well.

Ezio
06-11-2015, 04:58 PM
SVG found his Hedo player?

Bruno
06-11-2015, 05:03 PM
the Bucks have an obscene amount of cap space, especially now if they don't pick up Butlers team option.

I agree with the popular consensus, they should throw a max at DeAndre. smart trade cause it opens cap space and minutes for all the young wings.

nycericanguy
06-11-2015, 05:22 PM
I realize his health is a slight concern, but he's one of the best fits for this system available, and we basically absorbed his salary.

well IIya is a spare part himself...lol. But I do like him, which the Knicks could have gotten him. I actually liked Singler though, much better 3pt shooter than IIya.

Monroe is def gone...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-11-2015, 06:05 PM
the Bucks have an obscene amount of cap space, especially now if they don't pick up Butlers team option.

I agree with the popular consensus, they should throw a max at DeAndre. smart trade cause it opens cap space and minutes for all the young wings.

Bucks have $24M in capspace. The early reports of $22M is wrong. I hope Butler is waived. No room for him at SF when we have Giannis and Inglis and Dudley. Also Bucks already had Butler previous season and didn't work out. Butler seemed lazy.

Bruno
06-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Bucks have $24M in capspace. The early reports of $22M is wrong. I hope Butler is waived. No room for him at SF when we have Giannis and Inglis and Dudley. Also Bucks already had Butler previous season and didn't work out. Butler seemed lazy.

dude, I have to assume this is essentially a salary dump for the Bucks. No way does Butler see minutes on this team if he isn't waved. I think they will waive him. And Williams will do his best Ersan impersonation off the bench.

if the Bucks can find a taker for Mayo, that opens up another 8M. with erson and Mayo gone, the bucks can afford to match on middleton and offer DeAnre a max, if I'm not mistaken. I think it would take everything going right, but technically possible, today is a step in that direction. but in order to do both they need mayo off the books, and for Dudley to not take his player option, if I'm not mistaken- without running the salaries.

Bruno
06-11-2015, 06:17 PM
for Detroit, brining in this 8M salary to spread the floor... does this mean they aren't taking a stab at Draymond in the off-season?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-11-2015, 06:45 PM
dude, I have to assume this is essentially a salary dump for the Bucks. No way does Butler see minutes on this team if he isn't waved. I think they will waive him. And Williams will do his best Ersan impersonation off the bench.

if the Bucks can find a taker for Mayo, that opens up another 8M. with erson and Mayo gone, the bucks can afford to match on middleton and offer DeAnre a max, if I'm not mistaken. I think it would take everything going right, but technically possible, today is a step in that direction. but in order to do both they need mayo off the books, and for Dudley to not take his player option, if I'm not mistaken- without running the salaries.

Bucks have Bird rights on Middleton so even if a team throws a offer at him. We have 72 hours to match and in the mean time throw big max at another star player if we are lucky enough to lure any. Even though the culture is changing with new owners and new arena soon and Jason Kidd as coach. Kidd still respected around the league. Then go over the cap matching Middleton which we will. Then cap goes up season after next to like $80M so we be safe from luxury tax.

Allphakenny1
06-11-2015, 07:14 PM
for Detroit, brining in this 8M salary to spread the floor... does this mean they aren't taking a stab at Draymond in the off-season?

They have to know they have no chance of getting Dreymond as the Warriors will match any offer.

JWO35
06-11-2015, 07:32 PM

There was reports a week or ago back that said the Pistons don't plan on going after Draymond Green due to the Warriors likelihood of matching. Seems like they will be taking a realistic approach in Free Agency, even Piston fans are starting to move on from Green seeing it's unlikely.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-11-2015, 09:13 PM
They have to know they have no chance of getting Dreymond as the Warriors will match any offer.

Even if they cant salary dump Lee? I just mentioned this over at Bucks to go after Green or Carroll or Kanter. Play spoilers to teams kinda tight with cap. Make them sweat. Even though Bucks are loaded at SF still suggested Green and Carroll.

kobe4thewinbang
06-11-2015, 11:19 PM
LOL, Ersan wannabe Dirk is nowhere near as good as Monroe.

PurpleJesus
06-11-2015, 11:39 PM

Duh.

That doent mean that Detroit can't get his replacement.

kobe4thewinbang
06-12-2015, 12:12 AM
I guess, but Ersan hasn't played well. Like, ever. Make it or break it time.

OlivaThor
06-12-2015, 12:16 AM

I hope so. Drey is trash not worthy of 10+

flea
06-12-2015, 12:24 AM
Drummond becomes an even biggger nightmare on the offensive boards now. Only question is, who is the best offensive rebounder next season: Tristan Thompson, Drummond, or the field? I'll take the first two over the latter. Dwight 2.0 in the motor city.

JWO35
06-12-2015, 12:42 AM

IMO the two aren't comparable, even with your opinion I doubt you get any argument from Piston fans...there's no doubt that Ilyasova fits the mold of a SVG PF more than Monroe does(did)

Allphakenny1
06-12-2015, 01:16 AM
Even if they cant salary dump Lee? I just mentioned this over at Bucks to go after Green or Carroll or Kanter. Play spoilers to teams kinda tight with cap. Make them sweat. Even though Bucks are loaded at SF still suggested Green and Carroll.

Warriors owners have said time and time again, and I feel proved it with the Thompson contract, that they will pay to keep a team together if they have a chance at a championship. They are willing to go into the luxury tax to keep Green because it will only be one year and then Lee's contract will expire and they will not have to pay the penalties of being over the tax two years in a row.

MonroeFAN
06-12-2015, 12:14 PM
I hate to be the guy who brings this up, but who in their right mind wants to sign in Milwaukee? Has that organization ever landed a premier player via free agency?

MonroeFAN
06-12-2015, 12:17 PM

The two players aren't comparable at all. You've definitely never seen Monroe play either.

MonroeFAN
06-12-2015, 12:24 PM

well IIya is a spare part himself...lol. But I do like him, which the Knicks could have gotten him. I actually liked Singler though, much better 3pt shooter than IIya.

Monroe is def gone...

Illy had a 30 point game after the all star break last year on a playoff team. I don't see how he is a spare part at all. Best of luck to Monroe moving forward, he's not that good.

IndyRealist
06-12-2015, 04:24 PM
Illy had a 30 point game after the all star break last year on a playoff team. I don't see how he is a spare part at all. Best of luck to Monroe moving forward, he's not that good.

Just felt this needed to be quoted.

Bruno
06-12-2015, 04:58 PM

it's about the right fit. Drummond needs space.

JWO35
06-12-2015, 05:31 PM
Just felt this needed to be quoted.

Someone is going to realize it after they give him a huge contract. Biggest problem with him in Detroit is he's playing out of position, he's a C and will struggle against PFs that are athletic or can stretch the floor. He's a solid player but you're not going to win championships if Monroe is your 1st or 2nd option on offense IMO

mark1125
06-12-2015, 11:34 PM

I think he is a good player. Do I think he is a max player? Oh hell no.

SportsFanatic10
06-13-2015, 12:06 AM
Solid...I like this trade for both teams.

ThePlayoffs
06-13-2015, 01:02 AM
In my opinion this is a very insignificant trade.

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 05:49 AM
It's not super significant. The bucks gain cap space, the stones gain a player that fits their system quite well, for a couple extra mill per season for one year. He fills a big hole we had.

No piston fan thinks he's a superstar. I think it's even less significant for the bucks, because unless they plan on absorbing a contract this offseason, I think they're gonna over pay people to play there.

Also, most people who are high on Monroe have only watched his box score. Not talking about the Pistons fans here, because he gave us a nice scoring presence and rebounding. But he's going to struggle at anything but center, and the guy is slow and can't defend for a damn. I'm not over exaggerating. Whoever lands him, prepare yourself for a lot of complaining and no defense. Also no jump shot. He's a very 1 dimensional player, and we didn't win anything with him as our guy.

Again, sad to see him go if he does. But I would be even sadder to see him stay.

Blink
06-13-2015, 06:50 AM
Lol just don't think it helps when your username is MonroeFAN.

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 09:35 AM
Tell me how to change it and I will. But I agree, it's funny and probably confusing the hell out of people.

ewing
06-13-2015, 10:04 AM

Monroe is def gone...

I Singler too. I think Det just picked Pope over him which i think is a good choice. As for as IIya, he has alway been an enigma. The guy can put up big #s or nothing. I have always liked his game though and while having d12 made it easy remember what Stan did with Hedo.

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 12:43 PM
I liked singler to, but he's not a comparable talent imo. They also play different positions and are about 5" away from one another in height.

5ass
06-13-2015, 01:12 PM

Lol that's an insult to Hedo The Great. Their games are nothing alike. If anything he found a washed up rashard Lewis in illyasova.

kingkenny01
06-13-2015, 01:13 PM
This trade is help even out the Brandon Jennings for Brandon knight and khris Middleton trade

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 01:32 PM

Lol that's an insult to Hedo The Great. Their games are nothing alike. If anything he found a washed up rashard Lewis in illyasova.

Did illy bang your girl dude? Hedo the great?

5ass
06-13-2015, 01:56 PM
Did illy bang your girl dude? Hedo the great?

Lol this guy. Stop being so sensitive. Hedo the great yes, he was a magician. Ilyasova doesn't come close to prime hedo. Doesn't have the ball handling and passing skills. Other than being Turkish and the same height they have very little in common. Like I said, ilyasova is much more similar to Rashard Lewis before the trade.

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 01:57 PM
When you guys almost won something?

How am I being sensitive, you have no connection to this trade in any way outside of being an SVG fan. Quit talking ****.

Pretty funny you bring up hedo btw, he was an after thought in Sacramento and joined a system where he fit in perfectly. Sounds familiar. Either way, I don't think they're similar players. But your memories of hedo are very interesting. Didn't realize magic fans felt that way.

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 02:07 PM
Let's talk about other "great" career 12 & 4 players.

5ass
06-13-2015, 02:09 PM
When you guys almost won something?

How am I being sensitive, you have no connection to this trade in any way outside of being an SVG fan. Quit talking ****.

Pretty funny you bring up hedo btw, he was an after thought in Sacramento and joined a system where he fit in perfectly. Sounds familiar.

No not the finals year, the years after that.

Lol I didn't bring up hedo. Other posters did, I was replying to that and comparing their play style. I never even said he was a bum. All I said is his game is closer to the Magic's washed up Lewis than Hedo, and you tried to insult me, that's how you're being sensitive.

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 02:12 PM
By asking if he banged your girl? I'm sorry you feel that way.

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 02:14 PM
I was a bit condescending, my bad.

5ass
06-13-2015, 02:19 PM
Let's talk about other "great" career 12 & 4 players.

That's just a nickname, but he put up 20/5/6 year before the finals, and was great in his first stint in Orlando.

MonroeFAN
06-13-2015, 02:20 PM
This was a big deal over nothing. Sorry dude.

5ass
06-13-2015, 02:23 PM
This was a big deal over nothing. Sorry dude.

:cheers: its all good

ewing
06-13-2015, 04:20 PM
Lol this guy. Stop being so sensitive. Hedo the great yes, he was a magician. Ilyasova doesn't come close to prime hedo. Doesn't have the ball handling and passing skills. Other than being Turkish and the same height they have very little in common. Like I said, ilyasova is much more similar to Rashard Lewis before the trade.

Are you from Turkey? Anyway, Hedo was a much better ball handler and play maker. However, IIy is about the same size and the Piston are hoping that this team could be the right fit for him just like Orlando was a great fit for Hedo. I remember a story where on first day of camp SVG took Hedo aside and told him he could do a lot more then what he had done thus far in his career and a lot was going to be expected from him in Orlando. Lewis on the other hand came in after being a 20 plus scorer in Seattle and got a huge deal. I made the comparison but are supposed to supply floor spacing and the hope is that Illy can give them more then people would expect.

rocket
06-13-2015, 05:50 PM
Really improves the Pistons spacing, I like this trade for them a lot.

Really looking forward to seeing Monroe in the orange and blue as well :D

i'm actually really excited to see how Monroe is going to perform on a team besides the Pistons. He might just break out. But he doesn't fit here anymore.

beasted86
06-13-2015, 06:31 PM
Ilyasova is sooooo inconsistent shooting from the outside.

Don't expect anything to change this late in his career. The Lewis comparisons are an absolute insult to one of the better shooters of all time from 3.

5ass
06-13-2015, 07:30 PM
Are you from Turkey? Anyway, Hedo was a much better ball handler and play maker. However, IIy is about the same size and the Piston are hoping that this team could be the right fit for him just like Orlando was a great fit for Hedo. I remember a story where on first day of camp SVG took Hedo aside and told him he could do a lot more then what he had done thus far in his career and a lot was going to be expected from him in Orlando. Lewis on the other hand came in after being a 20 plus scorer in Seattle and got a huge deal. I made the comparison but are supposed to supply floor spacing and the hope is that Illy can give them more then people would expect.

No I'm not Turkish. Understood, I was comparing was their play style.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-13-2015, 07:34 PM
Also factor in Ersan starts out half the season slow and rusty and sluggish. That was very annoying. Also last offseason was his first time not playing over seas during the summer cause he was nursing a injury. So yeah he will be over seas playing first. Then comes back season starts then he sucks. Also wont miss his wide open 3 yet still does his pump fakes. Hated when he did that.

Scoots
06-13-2015, 08:47 PM
I wonder if either Illy or Monroe will ever live up to their potential.

Stunner
06-13-2015, 11:02 PM
There is "strong speculation" Greg Monroe will sign with either the Knicks or Celtics, according to Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times.
This is coming from a reporter following the Bucks, who just traded away Ersan Ilyasova. Both Boston and New York are very possible to land Monroe, who is an unrestricted free agent. One thing that does seem clear is Detroit won't be in the mix.

MonroeFAN
06-14-2015, 07:11 AM
Also factor in Ersan starts out half the season slow and rusty and sluggish. That was very annoying. Also last offseason was his first time not playing over seas during the summer cause he was nursing a injury. So yeah he will be over seas playing first. Then comes back season starts then he sucks. Also wont miss his wide open 3 yet still does his pump fakes. Hated when he did that.

Is this really fair? Your team has no spacing, and no one who could create their own shot. Maybe that was his role?

Either way, he's entering a good situation, and he has one guaranteed year left on his contract. It's a brilliant move that has the potential of being great, but also the realization of no long lasting effects.

MonroeFAN
06-14-2015, 07:13 AM
I wonder if either Illy or Monroe will ever live up to their potential.

What potential is that exactly? Monroe was a 16 & 10 player in college and is a 16 & 10 player in the pros. Has been pretty much since the beginning.

All of this talk about illy is funny, we got him for nothing. He could be an 8ppg off the bench type of reserve forward and we still win.

Milwauklee - cap space for a team that hasn't signed a premier free agent in what seems like forever. One less shooter on a team that could probably stand to add more.

Detroit - a player with potential to start, and who fits our system, with one guaranteed year on his contract left. For Caron butler & Shawne Williams.

Good day to have SVG on your side I'd say.

Scoots
06-14-2015, 10:54 AM
It seems to me that both of them sleepwalk through big parts of games and neither play much D. They have both shown flashes of being capable of much more than they have done consistently.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-14-2015, 10:57 AM
What potential is that exactly? Monroe was a 16 & 10 player in college and is a 16 & 10 player in the pros. Has been pretty much since the beginning.

All of this talk about illy is funny, we got him for nothing. He could be an 8ppg off the bench type of reserve forward and we still win.

Milwauklee - cap space for a team that hasn't signed a premier free agent in what seems like forever. One less shooter on a team that could probably stand to add more.

Detroit - a player with potential to start, and who fits our system, with one guaranteed year on his contract left. For Caron butler & Shawne Williams.

Good day to have SVG on your side I'd say.

Signed a premier free agent? Howmany teams sign a premier free agent every season? None. Well Bucks been strapped in cap hell with Redd and Bogut injuries last decade. Or using our cap to keep our own guys. Took a while till we got rid of them. Last time we had capspace was when we signed Bobby Simmons.

He was a bust but at the time he was excellent coming from Clippers. Last decent free agent I recall was Dunleavy. But he was a punk. Last free agent Detroit landed was Josh Smith and look at how that turned out. Yeah we will miss Ersan 3 ball when he's on fire. But Ersan been on the decline last 3 or so years.

But Parker and Inglis will be healthy soon enough and we may select Looney as well. Besides rumored to take a Lopez or Chandler or whatever. Besides Steve Kyler mentioned we could eat Hibbert's contract as well. Which hopefully #11 is the incentive thrown into the deal. Also I can see MCW and Giannis and Parker improving their 3 ball.

Heck MCW was coming off a shoulder injury last summer. So he didn't get a chance to improve his shooting last off season. This season he will. Giannis coming around on his 3 ball. Besides we still have Middleton and Mayo and Dudley and Bayless and Ennis.

Also culture is changing in Milwaukee 3 new owners that are billionaires and new arena on the way and Jason Kidd well respected around the league. I think we will land something decent this offseason. Cause after this summer every team has capspace.

jcbetson
06-14-2015, 12:24 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs42/f/2009/151/9/2/Hedo_Turkoglu_by_Pesimist60.jpg

Ball.

5ass
06-14-2015, 01:42 PM
Signed a premier free agent? Howmany teams sign a premier free agent every season? None. Well Bucks been strapped in cap hell with Redd and Bogut injuries last decade. Or using our cap to keep our own guys. Took a while till we got rid of them. Last time we had capspace was when we signed Bobby Simmons.

He was a bust but at the time he was excellent coming from Clippers. Last decent free agent I recall was Dunleavy. But he was a punk. Last free agent Detroit landed was Josh Smith and look at how that turned out. Yeah we will miss Ersan 3 ball when he's on fire. But Ersan been on the decline last 3 or so years.

But Parker and Inglis will be healthy soon enough and we may select Looney as well. Besides rumored to take a Lopez or Chandler or whatever. Besides Steve Kyler mentioned we could eat Hibbert's contract as well. Which hopefully #11 is the incentive thrown into the deal. Also I can see MCW and Giannis and Parker improving their 3 ball.

Heck MCW was coming off a shoulder injury last summer. So he didn't get a chance to improve his shooting last off season. This season he will. Giannis coming around on his 3 ball. Besides we still have Middleton and Mayo and Dudley and Bayless and Ennis.

Also culture is changing in Milwaukee 3 new owners that are billionaires and new arena on the way and Jason Kidd well respected around the league. I think we will land something decent this offseason. Cause after this summer every team has capspace.

Wait how is Gianni "coming around on his 3 ball" when he shot 15% and made 7 threes all year? Parker just needs to be at least average from 3 and the bucks will be fine since they have shooters off the bench.

Anyway, I like the deal for Milwaukee too, and I agree with most of what you said. Though I would go after Bismack biyombo over Hibbert for sure, no way pacers throw in their lottery pick when Hilbert's is an expiring contract. Also have Brandon Wright, McGee, Asik and Robin Lopez. All solid options at center.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-14-2015, 01:52 PM
I mentioned Biyombo over at Bucks free agent board just few minutes ago as well. He's RFA. But Al said hes picking up his player option. Not sure if Henderson is as well. Besides Hornets have to decide if they wanna re-sign Mo Williams. So there at $70M before they match any offer sheets to Biyombo. Then next year they have to decide to keep RFA MKG. Also about Giannis and his 3 ball.

Kidd told him not to shoot but slash in the paint for easy lay ins so he did. Then late in the season Kidd said fire away. But also factor in Giannis had a growth spurt so he was getting use to his new height and his shots were off this season. Rookie year he was decent jump shooter. My list of below radar big's would be Ajinca, Quinn, Withey, Koufus, Biyombo.

5ass
06-14-2015, 03:29 PM
I mentioned Biyombo over at Bucks free agent board just few minutes ago as well. He's RFA. But Al said hes picking up his player option. Not sure if Henderson is as well. Besides Hornets have to decide if they wanna re-sign Mo Williams. So there at $70M before they match any offer sheets to Biyombo. Then next year they have to decide to keep RFA MKG. Also about Giannis and his 3 ball.

Kidd told him not to shoot but slash in the paint for easy lay ins so he did. Then late in the season Kidd said fire away. But also factor in Giannis had a growth spurt so he was getting use to his new height and his shots were off this season. Rookie year he was decent jump shooter. My list of below radar big's would be Ajinca, Quinn, Withey, Koufus, Biyombo.

I think the hornets let biyombo go and pick up Turner in the draft, but I don't even think they know what they're doing there. Dont see a bright future for that team. Quinn? Did you mean Kyle O'Quinn? I really like him as a fit with the bucks. He's surprisingly skilled. Solid in the midrange, very good passer, and he's an enforcer type. I'm just not sure he's a long term starter. He's slightly undersized for the center position. Could be a great PF/C off the bench for the bucks though. They should offer him a contract. Koufos is another good one.

abery6
06-14-2015, 09:27 PM
Hey guys, I wrote an article earlier this week on my blog/website about what the Bucks should do this offseason and it involves DeAndre Jordan. Check it out and let me know what you think: theabcsofbasketball.wordpress.com