PDA

View Full Version : LeBron has 35 career playoffs games where he lead his team in PTS, RBS, and AST...

Vince70
06-08-2015, 10:52 AM
and nobody else is even close to him on this stat.

LeBron: 35
Bird: 13
Duncan: 11

This guy truly defines the term Most Valuable Player.

Norm
06-08-2015, 10:55 AM
Almost seems impossible

ewing
06-08-2015, 10:57 AM
we need more threads like this

bucketss
06-08-2015, 12:33 PM
What a beast.

cmellofan15
06-08-2015, 12:47 PM
steph curry almost scored twenty points on only 5 fgs, another pretty cool stat

Hawkize31
06-08-2015, 12:56 PM

Yup. 5-23, 19 points. Cool stat indeed.

nastynice
06-08-2015, 05:41 PM
Damn, that's crazy, damn near triple 2nd place

Raps08-09 Champ
06-08-2015, 05:56 PM
When your team doesn't play well a lot, you tend to do stuff like that.

More-Than-Most
06-08-2015, 06:59 PM
When your team doesn't play well a lot, you tend to do stuff like that.

yup and when you have no supporting cast like James has had most of his career.

naps
06-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Most complete player to ever grace a basketball court.

Bruno
06-08-2015, 08:15 PM
LBJ has been amazing.

i don't even care that his TS% is at .492 for the series, that it was 46.5% in game two (about 20% points lower than what he was doing while peaking with Miami), or that he's under .500 for the post-season. He's doing exactly what his team needs, and he's taking advantage of what Kerr has given him. he's not going to be absurdly efficient against this kind of defensive scheme, so who cares. efficiency is important, it's nice. but at the end of the day if you're going up against a defensive scheme thats making you go get yours, you get yours. don't care what the stats say, his TS% is relative.

Kerr can't be the only coach who's made LeBron get his right? who else has thrown him this kind of defensive scheme? he can't be the first guy.

IKnowHoops
06-09-2015, 04:00 AM
In his first two games, he throws up stat lines that have never been seen before in the finals and all he gets is hate. The finals are filled with the best at there best playing there hardest, putting up ridiculous stat lines. Yet Lebron puts up back to back never before seen stat lines and all people do is complain. Talk about how Kobe get crap for being that inefficient. If Kobe had also put up 16 and 11 and a game that never been done before, at worst you would hear, he shot poorly but played a great game. Exact same thing I'm saying about Bron. All these time you talk about Kobe having a poor percentage, he also doesn't have 16 and 11. And his poor pct didn't get him 39 or 44 pts either. When you put up 40pts, and you win, and you get 11 asst and 16reb, much is forgiven. Getting 21 on poor efficiency without elite asst and reb numbers does not look or feel the same.

Demon11
06-09-2015, 04:36 AM
Illusionist and Laker co never show up on threads like this. Only show up when they can put Lebron down. Cracks me up.

Jamiecballer
06-09-2015, 09:12 AM

if those number are to be believed that is truly absurd.

OceanSpray
06-10-2015, 01:39 PM
That just shows you how much he has to do. And I said it before, Jordan isn't on this list because he always had teammates who could pass and rebound. James never had any of those teammates. Even with the Cavs, he's still been their leading rebounder for many games.

JLynn943
06-10-2015, 02:06 PM
Those stacked rosters though

Bigdaddyburch
06-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Most complete player to ever grace a basketball court.

Magic says hi and remember me? I am the only player in the history of the game to start all 5 positions in a 7 game series.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Lol who cares if he started at all 5 positions before. That doesn't make him more complete.

Bigdaddyburch
06-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Lol who cares if he started at all 5 positions before. That doesn't make him more complete.

He did it against Bird. He won game 7 on the road in Boston playing Center. How much more complete must you be? Magic gets no respect. In my lifetime he was the greatest I ever saw play the game. That comes from a lifelong Suns fan and born to hate the Lakers.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-10-2015, 06:53 PM
He did it against Bird. He won game 7 on the road in Boston playing Center. How much more complete must you be? Magic gets no respect. In my lifetime he was the greatest I ever saw play the game. That comes from a lifelong Suns fan and born to hate the Lakers.

No one said he wasn't complete. Just that he's not as complete as Lebron.

And what are you talking about? He's ranked top 5 all the time.

Bigdaddyburch
06-10-2015, 07:11 PM

No one said he wasn't complete. Just that he's not as complete as Lebron.

And what are you talking about? He's ranked top 5 all the time.

The only thing that James has over Magic is his athleticism. He is a freak. Best player esey in the game today. In fact James is more Magic than he is Jordan. Just not sure he could start center in game 7 of the NBA finals in Boston against that great Boston team and pull it out. Mayne he could but who knows. One thing Magic had over him is his ball handling amd passing. James is a great passer but as a guy who saw them both Magic was the greatest passer ever easy.

Look I am a James fan. I think to many put their like or dislike of a guy as a way they view him. Instead of just watching amd enjoying seeing one of the all time great do his greatness. I hated the Lakers. Most people dont remember the Suns always had a pretty damn good team. You know why they forget them? Showtime. I used to sit on awe of them. Never seen anything like it.

Imo Magic isthe first guy of any I could pick from to start a team. IMO GOAT or equal to it.

valade16
06-10-2015, 07:13 PM

Even if the 3rd place guy has as many as Duncan LeBron has as many as the next 3 combined.

Truly insane.

Chronz
06-10-2015, 07:58 PM

Im pretty sure he only jumped Center and it was against the Sixers when Kareem couldn't play.

Kareem was the rightful MVP of that series BTW.

Bigdaddyburch
06-10-2015, 08:24 PM

Im pretty sure he only jumped Center and it was against the Sixers when Kareem couldn't play.

Kareem was the rightful MVP of that series BTW.

Sorry your right. But he did play Center. More of a point center but still center. He also scored 42 15 reb and had 7 assists as a rookie. It also wasnt a game 7 it game 6 and they were on the road. Magic did later beat Boston in Boston in game 7 just not that year. Sorry it was many uears ago amd i blurred the details.

Jamiecballer
06-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Who cares of he did it against Bird. I swear, basketball fans get sucked into story lines more than any other sport.

Bigdaddyburch
06-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Who cares of he did it against Bird. I swear, basketball fans get sucked into story lines more than any other sport.

Not true. Story lines happen in every sport. Brady v Manning. Favre last year. Elway and his finally winning one. Tiger chasing Jack. The triple crown. The Red Sox and Cubs and the curse. McEnroe Borg Connors and Lendl. Johnson and the field. Ali Frazier. Sugar Ray Hagler and Hearns. Story lines is the icing on the cake in sports. It is added fuel and passion. Rivals.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-10-2015, 09:12 PM
The only thing that James has over Magic is his athleticism. He is a freak. Best player esey in the game today. In fact James is more Magic than he is Jordan. Just not sure he could start center in game 7 of the NBA finals in Boston against that great Boston team and pull it out. Mayne he could but who knows. One thing Magic had over him is his ball handling amd passing. James is a great passer but as a guy who saw them both Magic was the greatest passer ever easy.

Look I am a James fan. I think to many put their like or dislike of a guy as a way they view him. Instead of just watching amd enjoying seeing one of the all time great do his greatness. I hated the Lakers. Most people dont remember the Suns always had a pretty damn good team. You know why they forget them? Showtime. I used to sit on awe of them. Never seen anything like it.

Imo Magic isthe first guy of any I could pick from to start a team. IMO GOAT or equal to it.

Lebron matches Magic in most categories, and then some.

And who cares about whether or not can start at a certain position. Lebron hasn't started at PG before. That doesn't mean you take away his ability to pass.

Jamiecballer
06-10-2015, 09:15 PM
Not true. Story lines happen in every sport. Brady v Manning. Favre last year. Elway and his finally winning one. Tiger chasing Jack. The triple crown. The Red Sox and Cubs and the curse. McEnroe Borg Connors and Lendl. Johnson and the field. Ali Frazier. Sugar Ray Hagler and Hearns. Story lines is the icing on the cake in sports. It is added fuel and passion. Rivals.
I know what you mean, story lines are great. But basketball fans I find have a way of reducing a complicated team game into an oversimplified game of one on one. He has x rings! He beat such and such a player! Most of the time these statements tell you little about the quality of the opponent.

Bigdaddyburch
06-10-2015, 09:32 PM

Lebron matches Magic in most categories, and then some.

And who cares about whether or not can start at a certain position. Lebron hasn't started at PG before. That doesn't mean you take away his ability to pass.

I've seen them both play. James is a great passer but he is not Magic. Did you see Showtime? Just like James is much stronger and can drive better. As great as James os at driving he just no where close to Jordan in that area and Jordan did not have his power. We are talking about the best of the best. One could argue and rightly so as to who was the greatest but each of the top 5or6ish you can find things one could do a little bit better than the other guys. It really comes down to preference and perception. For me I feel Magic because he could play and do so at a high level at every position on the floor is the greatest and best all round. Having said that James is right there. As I saod he is the closest to Magic I have seen. I have heard Oscar Robertson was a lot like Magic but I never saw him play so I cant say.

Bigdaddyburch
06-10-2015, 09:37 PM
I know what you mean, story lines are great. But basketball fans I find have a way of reducing a complicated team game into an oversimplified game of one on one. He has x rings! He beat such and such a player! Most of the time these statements tell you little about the quality of the opponent.

Yeah I know what you are saying. Most times it is about defending their favorite player. It happens in every sport. We are fans for a reason. I do think some head to head match ups do tell some of the story.ie Magic Bird. Brady Manning (even though they never actually play against each other more like BB v Manning) One will never be spoken about wothout the other.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-10-2015, 09:49 PM
I've seen them both play. James is a great passer but he is not Magic. Did you see Showtime? Just like James is much stronger and can drive better. As great as James os at driving he just no where close to Jordan in that area and Jordan did not have his power. We are talking about the best of the best. One could argue and rightly so as to who was the greatest but each of the top 5or6ish you can find things one could do a little bit better than the other guys. It really comes down to preference and perception. For me I feel Magic because he could play and do so at a high level at every position on the floor is the greatest and best all round. Having said that James is right there. As I saod he is the closest to Magic I have seen. I have heard Oscar Robertson was a lot like Magic but I never saw him play so I cant say.

Of course Magic is going to be better at some things than Jordan (like passing), but overall, Lebron beats him offensively and defensively.

Bigdaddyburch
06-10-2015, 09:59 PM

Of course Magic is going to be better at some things than Jordan (like passing), but overall, Lebron beats him offensively and defensively.

I think it depends on what part offensively. Again. Did you watch Showtime?

Avenged
06-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Illusionist and Laker co never show up on threads like this. Only show up when they can put Lebron down. Cracks me up.

You have a weird obsession with that guy.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-10-2015, 11:13 PM
I think it depends on what part offensively. Again. Did you watch Showtime?

Not live. But I've seen video on Magic.

I'm talking about the whole package, so not just offensively or not just defensively.

naps
06-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Magic says hi and remember me? I am the only player in the history of the game to start all 5 positions in a 7 game series.

Basketball has both ends of the floor. Defense says hi.

ewing
06-11-2015, 02:59 PM

i think Magic Johnson is the greatest offensive player i have ever seen. You want to put points on the board you let Magic run the show

apocalypse15
06-11-2015, 03:34 PM
How many times did he do this on the Miami Heat?

Jamiecballer
06-11-2015, 04:55 PM
What's the relevance? If your going to say he didn't do it much with them that's the point.

Clippersfan86
06-11-2015, 05:52 PM
From the day he was drafted we all knew he had GOAT potential. I truly think if Lebron leads this current rag tag bunch to a title... he's arguably THE GOAT. Even if he doesn't he's already top 5 and will be eventually most likely.

IKnowHoops
06-11-2015, 06:01 PM
From the day he was drafted we all knew he had GOAT potential. I truly think if Lebron leads this current rag tag bunch to a title... he's arguably THE GOAT. Even if he doesn't he's already top 5 and will be eventually most likely.

I agree, but I already got him there.

5ass
06-11-2015, 06:14 PM
Its going to take a lot more than him winning this year for me to put him as GOAT. But if he wins I think he's no question top 5. Which is incredible for a 30 year old.

naps
06-12-2015, 01:56 AM
He already is top 5 IMO. He won't he the GOAT but he will absolutely go down as the second greatest player of all-time if he stays healthy next 5 years.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-12-2015, 02:11 AM
Funny enough, he almost did it again today.

valade16
06-12-2015, 08:58 AM
I agree, but I already got him there.

You already have Bron above Jordan?

xfcbhcgh
06-12-2015, 11:56 AM

Jeffy25
06-12-2015, 12:02 PM

It's happened quite a bit in basketball history

Stackhouse scored 33 points on only 5 field goals in this gamme
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200012260DET.html
5 three's, 18 free throws

Vince70
06-20-2016, 08:48 AM
Updating the numbers...One year later

LeBron: 41

FlashBolt
06-20-2016, 11:21 AM

It will be 60 by career's end. The duty he has on the court every night is just insane.

naps
06-20-2016, 11:37 AM
Didnt a prominent kobephile said a couple days ago he doesnt like LeBron and Westbrook because they dont do their job like just passing (westbrook) or bricking (LeBron)? He said he doesnt like scorers when they rebound or make plays...they have to wait for their teammates to do it and not touch the rebound because your center is supposed to do it LMFAO.

Minimal
06-20-2016, 12:38 PM
There are only 2 players with 3 championships, 3 Finals MVPs, 4 NBA MVPs in NBA history now:

1. Jordan

2. LeBron

Jamiecballer
06-20-2016, 12:40 PM
seems sort of obviously and doesn't really do it justice but that's pretty darn amazing.

Jamiecballer
06-20-2016, 12:45 PM
damn, sucked into an old thread unwittingly.

xbvhj
06-20-2016, 01:16 PM
steph curry almost scored twenty points on only 5 fgs, another pretty cool stathttp://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/11.gifhttp://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif

JLynn943
06-20-2016, 01:18 PM
damn, sucked into an old thread unwittingly.

Same. I was reading the thread and eventually saw a post that I made last year and got super confused for a second.

Jeffy25
06-20-2016, 01:34 PM
I thought the argument against LeBron was that he had a ton of help?

CHANGO
06-20-2016, 02:09 PM

DAMN... That's crazy. He's the definition of MVP.

PurpleLynch
06-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Really good indeed.