PDA

View Full Version : How lucky have the Warriors been?

Clippersfan86
06-05-2015, 02:27 PM
It's crazy to me the sheer volume of things that have went their way this postseason run. They are the best team anyway, so I wouldn't asterisk a title or anything but it's interesting to look at.

1. Clippers beat their biggest matchup issue in Spurs round one on a game winner in game 7.

2. They face Pelicans in round one instead of OKC who's played them maybe tougher due to Pelicans beating Spurs last game of season.

3. Then they avoid the Clippers due to the Rockets historic 3-1 comeback. Clippers would of lost the series, but they would of challenged more than Houston due to matchups.

4. The Grizzlies were up 2-1, stole HCA but were plagued with injuries. Tony Allen didn't play game 4 with series having a chance to go 3-1 in Memphis. Tony Allen had been killing their wings with his defense before his injury.

5. They play the Cavs in the Finals who already have no Love, now Kyrie who's already had knee issues is down for the series most likely.

I mean I can't remember the last time a finalist had this much break their way.

Sadds The Gr8
06-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Very but who cares? They've been killed by injuries in several recent seasons

bucketss
06-05-2015, 02:31 PM
according to people here the cavs have been the lucky ones.

Clippersfan86
06-05-2015, 02:36 PM
Very but who cares? They've been killed by injuries in several recent seasons

For sure, just interesting to look at. I still think they'd win title without many of these circumstances. It would just be far less easy for them.

chi-townlove1
06-05-2015, 02:36 PM
The Cavs have been just as gifted. Also, fully loaded the warriors are still trouncing any team in this league.

Hangtime
06-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Being successful in sports also involves maintaining your health down the stretch. The Warriors had injuries to key players in the past post seasons too. Thats why its important to have depth and guys who step up. This time they are the healthy ones. It is what it is.

kdspurman
06-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Luck is 1 of the factors involved in winning the whole thing. I do wish we got a crack at em' though. But that's how it goes. Till next year

D-Leethal
06-05-2015, 02:41 PM
They would have beat everyone either way. Grizz is the only series that would have been interesting to see if Conley was at full health.

kdspurman
06-05-2015, 02:41 PM
They would have beat everyone either way. Grizz is the only series that would have been interesting to see if Conley was at full health.

SA would have matched up better than Memphis IMO. They've got the depth, wing defenders, lineup versatility, and fire power to match them.

Clippersfan86
06-05-2015, 02:43 PM
The Cavs have been just as gifted. Also, fully loaded the warriors are still trouncing any team in this league.

No. Would they win? Yes. Trounce? No

jerellh528
06-05-2015, 02:52 PM
They make their own luck by being so good. I wouldn't consider them "lucky". They have the talent to beat any roster straight up at full Heath.

Clippersfan86
06-05-2015, 02:59 PM
They make their own luck by being so good. I wouldn't consider them "lucky". They have the talent to beat any roster straight up at full Heath.

Did you read the post? The luck isn't in them winning. It's in how easily they are winning due to almost no resistance, avoiding their matchup challenges etc.

jerellh528
06-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Did you read the post? The luck isn't in them winning. It's in how easily they are winning due to almost no resistance, avoiding their matchup challenges etc.

That's sports

valade16
06-05-2015, 03:04 PM
They have been lucky however we've seen this level of luck before. Didn't the 05 Spurs face a ton of injured teams to get to the Finals and once there they got to face Bron and trash instead of the Pistons?

8kobe24
06-05-2015, 03:09 PM
Things have gone their way... But they still had to play and win those games. Rather be lucky than not lol.

tredigs
06-05-2015, 03:18 PM
It's crazy to me the sheer volume of things that have went their way this postseason run. They are the best team anyway, so I wouldn't asterisk a title or anything but it's interesting to look at.

1. Clippers beat their biggest matchup issue in Spurs round one on a game winner in game 7.

2. They face Pelicans in round one instead of OKC who's played them maybe tougher due to Pelicans beating Spurs last game of season.

3. Then they avoid the Clippers due to the Rockets historic 3-1 comeback. Clippers would of lost the series, but they would of challenged more than Houston due to matchups.

4. The Grizzlies were up 2-1, stole HCA but were plagued with injuries. Tony Allen didn't play game 4 with series having a chance to go 3-1 in Memphis. Tony Allen had been killing their wings with his defense before his injury.

5. They play the Cavs in the Finals who already have no Love, now Kyrie who's already had knee issues is down for the series most likely.

I agree that they've been lucky with how everything has played out (I consider it unlucky personally because I really, really wanted to see them battle the best, but I get your point), but two things: 1 - OKC would have been crushed as they were. That's no tougher of a matchup for the Warriors. MAY have gone 5 games, but I doubt it. 2 - Kerr adjusted against Memphis' offense/Tony Allen very well and he was made to be a net liability on the floor before he sat to injury. He bothered Klay a bit for sure, but it was not in their favor to have him on the court. And you saw what happened in game 4 without Tony -- Klay still **** the bed. He was just off, and has been quite a bit this post-season.

kdspurman
06-05-2015, 03:24 PM
They have been lucky however we've seen this level of luck before. Didn't the 05 Spurs face a ton of injured teams to get to the Finals and once there they got to face Bron and trash instead of the Pistons?

They faced a great Pistons team in 05. And 07, they played who they played, Denver was 1 of the hotter teams going into the playoffs that year I think, the Suns had that suspension incident (Amare/Diaw) and then Utah who was healthy. That was the year GS beat Dallas in rd 1, which threw a lot off.

So they didn't play a lot of injured teams by any means. But like I said before, luck is a big part of winning it all.

Corey
06-05-2015, 03:29 PM
They've been lucky, but they've also been the best team in the league all year, so..

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 03:41 PM
When I think of the Golden State Warriors franchise, "lucky" is not the first word that comes to mind....

flea
06-05-2015, 03:52 PM

You're confusing like 4 different seasons, or at least I have no idea what you're talking about. The 05 Finals was a classic vs. the Pistons (one of the greatest teams of all time looking to repeat) and the only team that could even slow prime Duncan down a little bit.

The only odd thing about this season is that the champs will not have beaten the 2nd or 3rd best team this year. Usually the champ has to go through at least one of those teams at some point. Most people would agree the Spurs and Clips are those teams this year - and statistically that's true too. Nevertheless, injuries happen every year and the best team pretty much always wins in basketball (unlike NFL or MLB). Warriors are the best team to this point. If the Cavs claw back and win they'll have beaten the best and will have little to apologize for, even if they came out of the East.

Clippersfan86
06-05-2015, 04:00 PM
They've been lucky, but they've also been the best team in the league all year, so..

No doubt. Results wouldn't differ much, just HOW it happened

D-Leethal
06-05-2015, 04:01 PM
SA would have matched up better than Memphis IMO. They've got the depth, wing defenders, lineup versatility, and fire power to match them.

The Clippers really spoiled what could have been an all time great series. Master vs Sensei type ****.

Hangtime
06-05-2015, 04:02 PM
I always say playoffs are all about matchups. Sometimes a team that got beat by someone was a better matchup. But I don't consider them "lucky" just because they avoided the Spurs. The Spurs didn't take care of their own business against the Clips. You have to get past who ever you play first.

Gibby23
06-05-2015, 04:04 PM

They did their part and won. They were not avoiding anyone. They won and advanced, the team that you wanted them to play didn't hold up their end and blew a series. The Clippers had luck by beating Houston game 1 without CP3, going up 3-1 in that series but they didn't take advantage of it.

kdspurman
06-05-2015, 04:04 PM
The Clippers really spoiled what could have been an all time great series. Master vs Sensei type ****.

haha.. seriously. I was ready to see CP3 vs Curry though. I felt like after the Clips battled back, they were at least WCF bound. Happens that way though sometimes. Def wanted to see Spurs/Warriors though

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-05-2015, 04:08 PM
They won 67 games all year and are probably a top 10 regular season team of all time. Sure every team that has ever won a championship has gotten lucky (in the case of the Warriors you could say that they didn't suffer any major injuries to any of their key guys), but to say they've been really lucky because they avoided some teams is BS. They earned the top seed and got the right to face the Pelicans and what not. Not the Warriors fault the Clippers sucked *** the last three games of the Houston series.

KarlKevinMalone
06-05-2015, 04:10 PM

No. That was the 07 Spurs. The 05 Spurs had "All I Do Is Win" "Big Shot" Rob Horry go off in game 5 to help them beat the Pistons on a night that permanently scarred my NBA fanhood.

Hangtime
06-05-2015, 04:11 PM
haha.. seriously. I was ready to see CP3 vs Curry though. I felt like after the Clips battled back, they were at least WCF bound. Happens that way though sometimes. Def wanted to see Spurs/Warriors though

I would have rather saw the Spurs too. The only thing that bothers me was Tony Parker. He didn't look healthy in that Clips series. I contribute that to them losing in the first place.

Clippersfan86
06-05-2015, 04:12 PM
They did their part and won. They were not avoiding anyone. They won and advanced, the team that you wanted them to play didn't hold up their end and blew a series. The Clippers had luck by beating Houston game 1 without CP3, going up 3-1 in that series but they didn't take advantage of it.

Obviously I wasn't meaning the Warriors intentionally avoided anyone. I meant avoided due to what shook out with other teams. The only teams that were even a small challenge to win at least 2 games in the west played each other round 1. Then Clippers flat out choked. I merely meant they didn't have to play them.

BKLYNpigeon
06-05-2015, 04:18 PM

thank you.

Based on the eye test, the Warriors have been the best team all year.

kdspurman
06-05-2015, 04:20 PM
I would have rather saw the Spurs too. The only thing that bothers me was Tony Parker. He didn't look healthy in that Clips series. I contribute that to them losing in the first place.

Yea, he has not been healthy in a playoff run the last couple years, it started in the 2013 finals when he hurt his hammy. That's why Patty played such a big role

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 04:23 PM
1. Memphis was the biggest match up problem.

2. A Durantless OKC wasn't beating the warriors.

3. Speculation.

4. Agree with this.

5. They would have beaten the cavs anyway. Lebron can actually be beaten in the finals. It's happened alot.

FraziersKnicks
06-05-2015, 04:27 PM
1. Memphis was the biggest match up problem.

2. A Durantless OKC wasn't beating the warriors.

3. Speculation.

4. Agree with this.

5. They would have beaten the cavs anyway. Lebron can actually be beaten in the finals. It's happened alot.

Do you actually have a single post that doesn't mention LeBron's name? Swear your on his dick more than his biggest fans...

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Do you actually have a single post that doesn't mention LeBron's name? Swear your on his dick more than his biggest fans...
Get out of here. It's relavant. Stop following me around to defend your boo bron.

chi-townlove1
06-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Does anyone actually hate the Warriors, as a franchise. Like honestly. Maybe you hate draymond. Maybe you hate Harrison. But that's because they work their ***** off to annoy your best player. But as a whole, the Warriors, they can't be hated. Lol like honestly. They're likable and they did this whole thing the proper way.

Iron24th
06-05-2015, 04:41 PM

This

Hangtime
06-05-2015, 04:47 PM
Does anyone actually hate the Warriors, as a franchise. Like honestly. Maybe you hate draymond. Maybe you hate Harrison. But that's because they work their ***** off to annoy your best player. But as a whole, the Warriors, they can't be hated. Lol like honestly. They're likable and they did this whole thing the proper way.
They also have Steve Kerr as their coach. I mean....who could hate Steve Kerr?

mgjohnson7851
06-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Fans ruin a lot of love.

lincecum=future
06-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Wait do people not like harrison Barnes? I can easily see Draymond and Bogut being disliked but not barnes

lincecum=future
06-05-2015, 05:37 PM
And I'd rather be lucky than good. Luckily the Warriors are both

Saddletramp
06-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Fans ruin a lot of love.

Yup. Some do. All it takes is a few. With the exception of Bogut's dirtiness and Green being a dope, I don't dislike any of them. And how could anyone dislike Harrison Barnes? They did construct this team the proper way and I'd be excited for their future if I were a fan. But when they're the fair weather fan magnet and some of their fans say some really ignorant things, they lose some luster.

Maybe this year is the first year of a dynasty run but maybe this year is the only year that they get it done (assuming they beat the Cavs). This might be a team that we end up looking at 10 years from now saying that the only title that they won was when half the league was injured and they escaped having to play the Spurs and Clippers. All things considered it was a weak year. But they stayed healthy and took care of business. Good on 'em.

ManRam
06-05-2015, 05:45 PM
People are always so reluctant to admit that luck plays a role in most every thing. They have gotten "lucky", but they are still clearly the best team in the NBA. They avoided the other top 2 teams in the West, and now are playing a pushover in the Finals, but they're the deserved winners in the end. Nothing wrong with that :shrug:

SteveNash
06-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Warriors deserve a huge asterisk if they win. Pretty much every championship team gets some breaks to go there way, but this run makes the Spurs '99 look legitimate.

mngopher35
06-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Ya, they have been pretty lucky this post season. They were still the best team in the nba though and deserve some luck anyways (not that cle fans don't haha).

Overall this playoffs was pretty disappointing though if finals go as expected. I think a lot of what you are calling bad luck (injuries, no Spurs/clips vs warriors matchup etc) kinda ruined what could have been an amazing playoffs.

lincecum=future
06-05-2015, 05:51 PM
Kind of crazy that every team the Warriors have played in the playoffs have had a point guard injury. I still think the Warriors would have beat the Grizz and rockets with healthy Conley and Beverley but those series would have been a hell of a lot closer. Especially the Rockets

ManRam
06-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Warriors deserve a huge asterisk if they win. Pretty much every championship team gets some breaks to go there way, but this run makes the Spurs '99 look legitimate.

An asterisk? Come on now. They were the last team standing...I guess both physically and literally, so they deserve it 100%. One of the better teams in recent memory. Things broke their way perfectly in the playoffs, but that's how it works.

LakerShow
06-05-2015, 05:57 PM
You make your own luck. Give em some credit, they were good all year long. They would have beaten the clippers too.

lincecum=future
06-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Oh yeah the best team in the league with the league MVP and arguably the best defense in the league deserve an asterisk :rolleyes:

SteveNash
06-05-2015, 06:01 PM
An asterisk? Come on now. They were the last team standing...I guess both physically and literally, so they deserve it 100%. One of the better teams in recent memory. Things broke their way perfectly in the playoffs, but that's how it works.

Not saying that they don't deserve to win the championship, just that when it comes to ranking champions these Warriors would be near the bottom of the list.

Oh yeah the best team in the league with the league MVP and arguably the best defense in the league deserve an asterisk :rolleyes:

MVP=Best story

Best defense? No.

lincecum=future
06-05-2015, 06:05 PM
So you're implying Steph curry won MVP because he was the best story? Give me a ****ing break. And I'd love to hear who you think is a better defensive team

SteveNash
06-05-2015, 06:09 PM
So you're implying Steph curry won MVP because he was the best story? Give me a ****ing break. And I'd love to hear who you think is a better defensive team

Of course it's the best story. Curry's obviously not the best player in the league, so he won the award for some other intangibles for being "valuable" when it was Draymond who more valuable than Curry for the Warriors.

Cavs are a better defensive team than the Warriors.

KnicksorBust
06-05-2015, 06:14 PM
If you think the Warriors are lucky you haven't watched them play.

tredigs
06-05-2015, 06:17 PM
Not saying that they don't deserve to win the championship, just that when it comes to ranking champions these Warriors would be near the bottom of the list.

MVP=Best story

Best defense? No.

And when it comes to ranking dominant seasons, they'd be near the top (assuming 5 games or less closeout here).

MVP = best story? OK. How about arguably most dominant player statistically in both the regular season + playoffs.

And best defense = "no"? Who has a better defense?

Jarvo
06-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Luck is 1 of the factors involved in winning the whole thing. I do wish we got a crack at em' though. But that's how it goes. Till next year

Deep down I know The Spurs would've beat The Warriors if we would have kept that 2nd seed or beaten The Clippers. Also felt if OKC got that 8th seed and Durant could've played they would have gave them a run for their money.

But I'm glad that they're in The Finals Iggy, Curry, Green, Klay and even Barnes (Duke Fan) deserves to win it all. They were the best team all year long and The Splash Bros were just playing insane basketball all year long.

kubernetes
06-05-2015, 06:46 PM

I imagine it's hard to sports-hate a franchise that's been bad for so long. I mean, what's the point?

nastynice
06-05-2015, 07:06 PM

Exactly. We should have had to play the LOSING team of each opposing series in order to advance, THAT would have been way more legit. Maybe shoulda been seeded against the sixers for round 1. Then no one would question how legitimate this run is

nastynice
06-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Deep down I know The Spurs would've beat The Warriors if we would have kept that 2nd seed or beaten The Clippers. Also felt if OKC got that 8th seed and Durant could've played they would have gave them a run for their money.

But I'm glad that they're in The Finals Iggy, Curry, Green, Klay and even Barnes (Duke Fan) deserves to win it all. They were the best team all year long and The Splash Bros were just playing insane basketball all year long.

True, just how deep down everyone knows our matchup nightmare Grizzlies woulda beat us if we met in the...oh wait. my bad

nastynice
06-05-2015, 07:09 PM
lol, dudes is wylin

kdspurman
06-05-2015, 07:14 PM
True, just how deep down everyone knows our matchup nightmare Grizzlies woulda beat us if we met in the...oh wait. my bad

Slight difference between the 2 teams :) . I think most felt the Grizz/Spurs were their toughest matchups as the season went on. That's not inaccurate

kdspurman
06-05-2015, 07:17 PM

I didn't realize it wasn't legitimate already... That was one of the best defensive playoff runs ever if i remember correctly

basch152
06-05-2015, 07:21 PM
If the warriors should get an asterisk then should LeBron get an asterisk next to his streak of 5 final appearances si nc he basically had a free ride every single year?

Mell413
06-05-2015, 07:24 PM
Usually every championship team has some luck go their way. So if GS wins there shouldn't be an asterisk nor is it cheapened.

bleedprple&gold
06-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Everyone thinks injuries are just blind bad luck when they happen. If you believe that you need read about the article in ESPN today about why Curry doesn't have ankle issues anymore: http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/13019137/2015-nba-playoffs-how-stephen-curry-put-ankle-issues-him

Training and preparation are a big part of injury prevention. There's a reason why Lebron rarely gets injured. So the Warriors staying healthy is not just dumb luck, it's a result of hard work and a great training staff.

kubernetes
06-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Exactly. We should have had to play the LOSING team of each opposing series in order to advance, THAT would have been way more legit. Maybe shoulda been seeded against the sixers for round 1. Then no one would question how legitimate this run is

No no no, they should have delayed the playoffs until August so that everyone could get healthy and then GSW couldn't get an obviously unfair health advantage. Also, it's unfair that KLove is completely out, so the Cavs should be permitted to play with LMA for the duration of the playoffs. Otherwise GSW should get an asterisk.

MTar786
06-05-2015, 08:07 PM
warriors would have beat every team they faced had each team been at 100% anyway.. including the cavs with love and kyrie. I think the only lucky draw the warriors got was not having to have faced the spurs.. but even that.. maybe not.. because parker has declined so much over the last couple of months

lol, please
06-05-2015, 08:26 PM

No luck involved.

1. That's basketball, blame the spurs or clippers for their seeding. The best team doesn't alway win, and even if the spurs make it to the WCF, there is no guarantee they beat the dubs.

2. Thunder without Durant wild have gotten swept even playing at their best. And give the Pelicans some respect, they are similar to the Cavaliers in that it's a team of role players surrounding a dominant star, in fact give them more credit, they made the playoffs in the vaunted west - in the east they probably make the finals if the Bulls aren't healthy.

3. You have no way of knowing this, and again, the clippers blew it and the Rockets did what they had to do. The clippers could have blown it against the dubs as well, and the Rockets played out of their minds just not consistently. This Rockets team beats the Cavaliers in 6.

4. Injuries happen to every team. No excuses.

5. The Cavaliers are a weak team and overrated, the only team when healthy thst would have been a true challenge would be the Bulls. Kyrie being hurt doesn't help them any, but injuries isn't what's going to cost them the finals - running into one of the most dominant teams in history will. Period.

Stop trying to take away from the warriors run, you say we had luck, I say we have overcome adversity.

blahblahyoutoo
06-05-2015, 08:47 PM

you want to see cp3 get schooled how many times?? 3 regular season posters weren't enough?

Jarvo
06-05-2015, 09:01 PM

Spurs and Grizz are two different teams lol, I knew Warriors would beat them but Spurs ehh idk.

Tony_Starks
06-05-2015, 09:08 PM
About as lucky as the Lakers when Perkins got hurt.....

Or the Bulls when James Worthy and Byron Scott got hurt...

Or the Pistons when Byron AND MAGIC got hurt......

Or the Spurs when Amare left the bench.....

Or the Cavs when Gasol for the Bulls, then Carroll for ATL got hurt.....

Or Boston when Bynum AND Ariza were hurt......

Or the Pistons when Karl Malone and Horace Grant got hurt and we were reduced to having Slava get completely molested by Rasheed Wallace

Or Miami when Ginobli had nothing in the tank, when Ray hit the three, when Duncan misses a gimme in game 7....etc....

Last I check lucky championships still count.

asandhu23
06-05-2015, 09:11 PM
**** you if you think warriors deserve an asterisk.

JasonJohnHorn
06-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Sports is 90% prep, and 10% luck.

Like when the Heat beat the Spurs. Yes. All the Spurs had to do to win two years ago was get a textbook defensive rebound. LBJ missed the shot, it got back out to Ray Allen off a luck bounce, he hit it, they forced a game seven. The ball doesn't bounce as high, or Pop leave Duncan in on that play, the Spurs win. Yes, there is luck there, but people also forget that the Heat put themselves in a position where a lucky play meant a win. They spent the entire game keeping up with on of the best teams the league has ever seen, and that hard work needed a little luck, but there are countless 'lucky' plays in the course of a series.

In terms of injury, the Warriors have been lucky. They have a healthy roster in the post-season, but they have taken full advantage of every situation they've been in, which is more than I can say for the Bulls and to a lesser extent the Hawks. The Cavs were without their best rebounder and third leading scorer in Love, and they still topped the Bulls, and the beat the Hawks to, who though they had their own injuries, were well on their way to losing the series before some of them happened.

The Thunder, The Clippers and the Spurs were the biggest threats to the Warriors. Thunder went out in the regular season due to injury. Clippers handled the Spurs for the Warriors, and the Rockets handled the Clippers for the Warriors and then limped to the conference finals with their injury riddled team. The Warriors were also lucky to play a Grizzly team that was cut down by injury, but at the end of the day, the Warriors have put all the work in to capitalize on these opportunities.

When Bosh was injured for the Heat, the Pacer didn't win that series; they still had to earn it and they didn't. It's not like a series is a gimmie just because a player or two is injured.

As a fan of the game, I'm bummed that I didn't get to see the Clippers and the Warriors, or the Warriors an the Spurs, but I did get to see a helluva series in LAC vs. SAS (best series of the year so far), and while I would like to watch a healthy Cavs team against a healthy Warriors team in this series, it's not like the Cavs don't have strong defensive players and marksmen and rebounders on the court. LBJ may be short Love and Kyrie, but he's got Shumpt and Smith, and Marion and James and Miller. He's got rebouding studs like Thompson and Mozgov, and a veteran C that cna defend and has won a championship in Perkins. Some of these guys aren't what they were a few years ago (James, Marion, Miller), but in limited minutes can still be very effective.

Bottom line, I won't feel the need to put an * on this any more than I do for the 76ers in 83, who got a pass on the Celtics that year. And there were season when the Lakers and Celtics of the 80's got passes due to injuries as well, and the same can be said of the Kobe/Shaq Lakers as well.

You put the work it, and that is 90% of the battle right there. The other 10% is circumstance. What if Marion hadn't nixed the Garnett trade? What if the Cavs don't trade Wiggins for Love? What if the Len Bias doens't OD and Reggie Lewis doesn't die of heart failure? What if Ewing is healthy for the 99 finals? What is McGrady stays with Toronto? What if Allen Iverson could shoot higher than .400? You can't control all these things. All you can do is play the cards you get to the best of your ability and if you make the most out of your situation, then you get a chance at becoming a champion.

At the end of Curry's career, when you see the number of rings he has, you'll know if he made the most of his career.

likemystylez
06-05-2015, 09:22 PM

this times infinity

warriors have been the 4th or 5th best team in the history of the league (taking into account record, offensive efficiency, defensive efficiency, margin of victory). Theyre also doing it in one of the toughest conferences the league has ever seen. There were probably 10 teams in the west that had a legit chance to win 50 games going into the season. (I realize 10 teams didnt get 50 wins- but it was an attainable goal for atleast 10 teams)

LOL and at the warriors being lucky? OMG take a look at the last 2 decades of warriors basketball- they have gone out of their way to make every huge team building mistake possible.

lol, please
06-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Well said.

lol, please
06-05-2015, 09:26 PM
this times infinity

warriors have been the 4th or 5th best team in the history of the league (taking into account record, offensive efficiency, defensive efficiency, margin of victory). Theyre also doing it in one of the toughest conferences the league has ever seen. There were probably 10 teams in the west that had a legit chance to win 50 games going into the season. (I realize 10 teams didnt get 50 wins- but it was an attainable goal for atleast 10 teams)

LOL and at the warriors being lucky? OMG take a look at the last 2 decades of warriors basketball- they have gone out of their way to make every huge team building mistake possible.
One of the best teams we may ever see and they don't even get respect. Its pathetic.

likemystylez
06-05-2015, 09:28 PM

Or the Pistons when Karl Malone and Horace Grant got hurt and we were reduced to having Slava get completely molested by Rasheed Wallace

Or Miami when Ginobli had nothing in the tank, when Ray hit the three, when Duncan misses a gimme in game 7....etc....

a lot of times there is some luck into winning a championship. I mean on any given year- there are usually atleast 3 or 4 teams that have what it takes to win it all. Only one team can win it.

The utah jazz were probably good enough to win it all if not facing up with those insane bulls teams. Refs didnt help matters either

likemystylez
06-05-2015, 09:29 PM
One of the best teams we may ever see and they don't even get respect. Its pathetic.

I actually think the warriors have a chance to be in the hunt for a championship every yr over the next 4 yrs or so

lol, please
06-05-2015, 09:30 PM
I actually think the warriors have a chance to be in the hunt for a championship every yr over the next 4 yrs or so
A dynasty! :faint:

likemystylez
06-05-2015, 09:32 PM
I dont think this is a miracle season for the warriors. Theyve had good health. but they have a coach who is learning and getting better, they have guys up and down the roster who still havent hit their prime. This playoff run experience is going to make some of their young guys infinitely better (Festus ezeli could be a top 10 center in the league in the next 2 yrs)

They also have a quality organization that other players are going to want to sign onto on the cheap- and hopefully they can start robbing teams in trades.

Guppyfighter
06-05-2015, 09:32 PM
The 1st seed should be made the eight seed so there is no asterick, right guys.

likemystylez
06-05-2015, 09:33 PM
A dynasty! :faint:

A championship takes some good fortune down the stretch- but warriors are good enough to be a top 2 or 3 team int he west each and every year. They will be feared going into the playoffs

lol, please
06-05-2015, 09:33 PM
The 1st seed should be made the eight seed so there is no asterick, right guys.
10.01 srs but we got lucky. Just no respect.

Vinylman
06-05-2015, 09:35 PM

Dubs are a great team.. probably top 2-3 teams in the 3 point era... unfortunately their style wouldn't translate into championships in other era's of the NBA which is why i don't have this team really high historically...

probably top 15... maybe a little higher

Guppyfighter
06-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Dubs are a great team.. probably top 2-3 teams in the 3 point era... unfortunately their style wouldn't translate into championships in other era's of the NBA which is why i don't have this team really high historically...

probably top 15... maybe a little higher

Talent is better now than before, and less watered down. Those older teams would be wrecked by newer great teams.

It's why we judge by peers.

If you are taking away the three point line, I agree, if not, then the old teams get wrecked.

Vinylman
06-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Talent is better now than before, and less watered down. Those older teams would be wrecked by newer great teams.

It's why we judge by peers.

If you are taking away the three point line, I agree, if not, then the old teams get wrecked.

yeah... i am talking about no 3.... It would also be interesting to see how they would play against some of the better post SCORING teams in the 3 point era...

They definitely deserve all the accolades they get though... not to mention the are fun as hell to watch

sf-fanatic
06-05-2015, 09:54 PM
I don't think the lack of injuries is completely a coincidence. When you have a deep team, players minutes go down dramatically. I don't know off the top of my head, but Curry sat out a number of 4th quarters and his MPG were in the low 30s. When you have Livingston, Iggy, Lee, Barbosa, Speights, Ezeli coming off the bench, you don't need to run the starters into the ground during the long season.

The Warriors have been devastated by injuries the past few playoffs. So call it luck, or how the bad luck has evened out.

Tony_Starks
06-05-2015, 10:20 PM

a lot of times there is some luck into winning a championship. I mean on any given year- there are usually atleast 3 or 4 teams that have what it takes to win it all. Only one team can win it.

The utah jazz were probably good enough to win it all if not facing up with those insane bulls teams. Refs didnt help matters either

Exactly, a chip is a chip. I don't believe in taking away credit from the winners or giving a pass to losers.

If and when Golden State gets it done they have more than earned it not just this season but the years they put in work to become elite.

ManRam
06-05-2015, 10:50 PM
If you think the Warriors are lucky you haven't watched them play.

In typical PSD fashion everyone is taking one hyperbolic side or the other. The truth as usual lies in the middle.

1. The Warriors are the best team, and perhaps their good health is due to that fact. Being up so much so frequently has subsequently kept minutes down all year. Whether or not they've been "lucky", that fact remains.

2. The Warrios have seen things play the literal best possible way. They avoided LAC and SAS. The Cavs are now without their 2nd and 3rd best players. They haven't suffered a serious injury. There probably is some luck in that (even noting what I noted before).

Both are facts. They're the best team, and they've had great "luck". Most every championship team ever has ran into some good luck. As a Patriots fan, for example, I've seen both sides of that plenty of times. We got very lucky a few times -- and I don't shy away from admitting it --and very unlucky a few others. "Luck" is real and prevalent. No reason to pretend like it doesn't exist...or that it's a slight to a championship team. If you win a championship, you've earned that championship. Period. But usually it takes, or is made easier, by a few "lucky" breaks.

nastynice
06-05-2015, 10:56 PM

Cmon Paji, tell em how u really feel! lol

nastynice
06-05-2015, 11:02 PM
I didn't realize it wasn't legitimate already... That was one of the best defensive playoff runs ever if i remember correctly

Yup, Spurs in 99 DEF deserve an asterisk, they got lucky Jordan retired and didn't beat them in the finals, so it really doesn't count. Last yr, also asterisk, wade didn't play well.

BOOM! SERVED!!

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 11:03 PM

you show up every few months, and just drop pure **** into any conversation.

Why, on earth, should GS not get every piece of credit they are deserved if they win? They are one of the better teams I have seen in years.

Just go away after getting torched by multiple users, as usual.

LakerShow
06-05-2015, 11:12 PM
you show up every few months, and just drop pure **** into any conversation.

Why, on earth, should GS not get every piece of credit they are deserved if they win? They are one of the better teams I have seen in years.

Just go away after getting torched by multiple users, as usual.
:laugh2:

kdspurman
06-06-2015, 12:00 AM
Yup, Spurs in 99 DEF deserve an asterisk, they got lucky Jordan retired and didn't beat them in the finals, so it really doesn't count. Last yr, also asterisk, wade didn't play well.

BOOM! SERVED!!

:laugh2: well played...

BTW, I don't believe that this years (assuming you guys win) deserves an asterisk by any means. Luck is always involved in winning it all in some fashion. But GS put themselves in the position they are in now to be successful. They deserve it 100%

likemystylez
06-06-2015, 12:32 AM
:laugh2: well played...

BTW, I don't believe that this years (assuming you guys win) deserves an asterisk by any means. Luck is always involved in winning it all in some fashion. But GS put themselves in the position they are in now to be successful. They deserve it 100%

it should be noted that the warriors coaching staff has been heavily using the bench o this team all season. none of the starters averaged over 34 minutes a game during the regular season, and the team threw away atleast a few games in the regular season in an effort to get guys rest.

So while there is obviously some good fortune involved, but the fact that the warriors seem to be having good health has something to do with the organization putting them in the best possible position to stay healthy for a long playoff run. LOL and int he event that someone does go down- their depth is kinda ridiculous.

ThaDubs
06-06-2015, 01:22 AM
We've been lucky, but we were pretty heavy favorites coming into the postseason anyways... if we win, it won't be because of the luck.

Scoots
06-06-2015, 02:19 AM
it should be noted that the warriors coaching staff has been heavily using the bench o this team all season. none of the starters averaged over 34 minutes a game during the regular season, and the team threw away atleast a few games in the regular season in an effort to get guys rest.

So while there is obviously some good fortune involved, but the fact that the warriors seem to be having good health has something to do with the organization putting them in the best possible position to stay healthy for a long playoff run. LOL and int he event that someone does go down- their depth is kinda ridiculous.

"at least a few" ... I can think of 1, I assume I know the 2nd one you would come up with ... what are the other ones?

I'm surprised ... you are actually sounding like you understand what rest means to the team now that they are fully healthy and in the finals.

sf-fanatic
06-06-2015, 02:49 AM
"at least a few" ... I can think of 1, I assume I know the 2nd one you would come up with ... what are the other ones?

I'm surprised ... you are actually sounding like you understand what rest means to the team now that they are fully healthy and in the finals.

I dont know the number but how many games did we lose when we rested starters or didnt push a player to return from injury ? Hard to say if they woulda won the game with them but I think thats what he meant.

BKLYNpigeon
06-06-2015, 03:21 AM
you play the cards you're dealt.

kingkenny01
06-06-2015, 04:00 AM
Yea the Warriors were lucky doesn't mean they weren't the best. I would have loved to see Spurs Warriors. What's really scary about the warrior is that I think Harrison Barnes really under achieves with this team. I've always felt he had the potential to be an star and his isn't. They'd be unstoppable if Barnes ever reaches that potential.

asandhu23
06-06-2015, 05:23 AM

You wouldn't be spewing this horse **** if it was your team in this position.

IBleedPurple
06-06-2015, 06:35 AM

Last I check lucky championships still count.This. Very good post.

obie
06-06-2015, 08:11 AM
lol people are funny

kdspurman
06-06-2015, 11:03 AM

Yea we did the same, but had no such fortune re: injuries. haha...

Depth does help to decrease those chances a bit though.

Vee-Rex
06-06-2015, 01:32 PM
See, I wouldn't call it luck. Luck almost implies that a team isn't skilled. The Warriors are the best team and thrive proven it.

I like to say they've been very fortunate with avoiding the tougher opponents and staying relatively healthy.

Red_Pill
06-06-2015, 05:07 PM
It's not even what's happened this post season, but even during the regular season teams like OKC and SA were hampered by injuries. Fully healthy and everyone playing, I don't think the Warriors even make the finals. I think OKC fully healthy beats them in a 7 game series and SA would definitely beat them in 7. Hell, Cavs would beat them in this series if they had both Love and Irving.

They're a lucky team, but they have had a phenomenal season and they deserve a ton of credit. It will be interesting to see what happens next season.

Red_Pill
06-06-2015, 05:08 PM
See, I wouldn't call it luck. Luck almost implies that a team isn't skilled. The Warriors are the best team and thrive proven it.

I like to say they've been very fortunate with avoiding the tougher opponents and staying relatively healthy.

When you're facing easier matchups every single round against injured teams, that's luck. Yeah, they're skilled, but let's call it what it is.

Red_Pill
06-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Yea the Warriors were lucky doesn't mean they weren't the best. I would have loved to see Spurs Warriors. What's really scary about the warrior is that I think Harrison Barnes really under achieves with this team. I've always felt he had the potential to be an star and his isn't. They'd be unstoppable if Barnes ever reaches that potential.

No, they wouldn't be able to afford him if he reaches his potential. Draymond is getting paid. Steph will be getting paid soon, and of course Klay.

Goose17
06-06-2015, 05:24 PM
No, they wouldn't be able to afford him if he reaches his potential. Draymond is getting paid. Steph will be getting paid soon, and of course Klay.

Not sure. Depend on the cap rising and how much Barnes commands at that point.

Iguodala will be a free agent that same year. I doubt he commands the same amount of money. Bogut will also be a free agent, Ezeli is being groomed to potentially replace him.

I think Barnes will be shipped in trade to dump Lee and bring back a filler wing. Clearing money for Dray. But you never know...

Red_Pill
06-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Not sure. Depend on the cap rising and how much Barnes commands at that point.

Iguodala will be a free agent that same year. I doubt he commands the same amount of money. Bogut will also be a free agent, Ezeli is being groomed to potentially replace him.

I think Barnes will be shipped in trade to dump Lee and bring back a filler wing. Clearing money for Dray. But you never know...

Yeah, how much the cap raises is going to be the determining factor for a lot of things.

Goose17
06-06-2015, 07:03 PM
Yeah, how much the cap raises is going to be the determining factor for a lot of things.

"According to multiple sources, Barnes indeed wants an extension and the Warriors want to give him one. The only question is how much will he get."

Just read this^ funny timing with us talking about it.

If they can get Barnes for 10mil per I see no reason not to do it. With Klay's current deal, Greens max (25%) and future Curry max (30%) they could still have about 25mil depending on the cap situation then.

Alan Shore
06-07-2015, 12:23 PM
They did have it easy, but there's no point in saying they wouldn't win had they faced a healthy West and Cavs.I'd love to seem the go at it against a 100% Spurs, OKC and Clipps since those teams are their biggest competition, but still this championship is as legit as it could be.

Scoots
06-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Every championship team gets lucky. The Warriors have also made some great moves.

Saddletramp
06-07-2015, 02:10 PM
"According to multiple sources, Barnes indeed wants an extension and the Warriors want to give him one. The only question is how much will he get."

Just read this^ funny timing with us talking about it.

If they can get Barnes for 10mil per I see no reason not to do it. With Klay's current deal, Greens max (25%) and future Curry max (30%) they could still have about 25mil depending on the cap situation then.

Another way the Warriors are lucky going forward while they'll have to pay some guys this offseason and especially next, the cap is going up huge. Everyone else will be looking to add guys but they won't have a core that's already won (assuming) and deep as this team. I think they only thing that will hurt them in the next 4-5 years is injuries or if the Spurs and Thunders and Clippers and other top teams get a ton of talent next offseason and retain their own. Even then, the Warriors will still be at or near the top.

tredigs
06-07-2015, 05:09 PM
It's not even what's happened this post season, but even during the regular season teams like OKC and SA were hampered by injuries. Fully healthy and everyone playing, I don't think the Warriors even make the finals. I think OKC fully healthy beats them in a 7 game series and SA would definitely beat them in 7. Hell, Cavs would beat them in this series if they had both Love and Irving.

They're a lucky team, but they have had a phenomenal season and they deserve a ton of credit. It will be interesting to see what happens next season.

You think, but you don't know. "Hell, Cavs would beat them if they had Love and Irving". Highly, highly unlikely imo. Their O improves and D regresses as a result. And regardless, on both sides of the ball they're still at a lower level then what GS offers. Not to mention less depth, and IMO a far inferior coaching staff.

GS finished with a higher SRS than OKC's peak (2013/14), as well as any season the Spurs have had. The only teams that have matched that level of dominance are those considered in GOAT dynasty discussions. Subjective opinions aside, those are the facts. I'd have loved to see the Dubs play both squads personally, and I think they win both series in the end, but, unfortunately those teams weren't capable of making that happen. It is what it is, but to make a post like this and ignore the dominance of the Warriors team regardless of these outside factors is pretty lame.

Munkeysuit
06-07-2015, 05:18 PM
Honestly? I think the Cavs have been luckier! haha you don't win 67 games on luck...Warriors are legit and deserve some props.

lincecum=future
06-07-2015, 05:46 PM
Cavs are obviously luckier. They play in the East.

sf-fanatic
06-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Another way the Warriors are lucky going forward while they'll have to pay some guys this offseason and especially next, the cap is going up huge. Everyone else will be looking to add guys but they won't have a core that's already won (assuming) and deep as this team. I think they only thing that will hurt them in the next 4-5 years is injuries or if the Spurs and Thunders and Clippers and other top teams get a ton of talent next offseason and retain their own. Even then, the Warriors will still be at or near the top.

The cap is going up for every team in the league. It's not considered "luck." Neither is the cap management by the warriors.

Muttman73
06-07-2015, 06:01 PM
GS is and was the best team this year, they were going to win it all. LeBron, Mr. DNA of a loser deserves all the bad breaks he gets. It's called Karma and it's a *****.

lol, please
06-07-2015, 06:11 PM
10.01 SRS folks. The proof is in the pudding

Saddletramp
06-07-2015, 06:56 PM
The cap is going up for every team in the league. It's not considered "luck." Neither is the cap management by the warriors.

Re-read what I wrote. Thanks.

Quinnsanity
06-07-2015, 07:20 PM
They've been very lucky, but they were the best team all year and would've won the title regardless.

moshy2
06-07-2015, 07:30 PM
You make your own luck. Warriors stayed healthy due to depth and finishing games early. They didn't ride their core players into the ground. They didn't play them 43 minutes on a knee that wasn't near 100%. They made their luck in the offseason and the first 3 quarters of half their regular season games. It was a well orchestrated season from the FO and coaching staff.

We did get lucky with the Spurs and Clippers matching up in the first round, they were clearly our biggest competition going into the postseason. I wouldn't call the Clippers debacle luck, though. If they blew that series then they didn't deserve to go on. If they let the Rockets do that to them and then seeing what the Warriors did to the Rockets, who's to say the same wouldn't have happened to the Clippers? The Warriors played who was put in front of them.