PDA

View Full Version : The Cavs need Kevin Love

KnicksorBust
06-04-2015, 11:55 PM
If you doubted it at all just rewatch overtime.

NYSpirit1
06-04-2015, 11:57 PM
The Cavs suck. Love will leave and LeBron won't be able to rule the league anymore.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-04-2015, 11:58 PM
Love or any other good PF.

FriedTofuz
06-04-2015, 11:58 PM
Two Knick fans with the 2nd worst record in the NBA talking as if they know basketball. Werent yall the same people who kept saying the knicks were a playoff team? I Think they can survive without Love is Kyrie Is Healthy

goingfor28
06-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Duh. I've always thought Love is overrated by most but the Cavs have nobody for big outside of Mozgov and TT. Love would be a huge addition as another rebounder and a big who can knock down 3s.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-05-2015, 12:03 AM
Irving and Lebron scored 67% of their points. You can't rely on that to beat an elite team like the Warriors.

KnicksorBust
06-05-2015, 12:07 AM
The Cavs suck. Love will leave and LeBron won't be able to rule the league anymore.

Leave to go where?

K1ngOfNY
06-05-2015, 12:08 AM
Two Knick fans with the 2nd worst record in the NBA talking as if they know basketball. Werent yall the same people who kept saying the knicks were a playoff team? I Think they can survive without Love is Kyrie Is Healthy

Because they're Knicks fan they don't Know basketball?

Let me ask you something, do you know how stupid you sound right now?

KnicksorBust
Love or any other good PF.

Love isn't a great player?

KnicksorBust
Duh. I've always thought Love is overrated by most but the Cavs have nobody for big outside of Mozgov and TT. Love would be a huge addition as another rebounder and a big who can knock down 3s.

Exactly the reason why I made this post. Ty

KnicksorBust
06-05-2015, 12:09 AM

Don't waste your time. If you respond to every bait about the Knicks you will be banned or lose your mind in a month.

FriedTofuz

For 3 straight years, knick fans have said they'd be in the conference finals, or at a playoff seed at worst. GUESS WHAT? THEY WERE ALWAYS WRONG?
Do you know how stupid YOU sound right now? you misinterpreting things.

JEDean89
JR and Shumps shot 5/19 for 15 points in 68 minutes. mozgov can't be your 3rd option.

JEDean89
06-05-2015, 12:10 AM
and wow, 6 guys scored for the cavs, 10 guys for the warriors.

FriedTofuz
06-05-2015, 12:10 AM
I cant wait for the knicks to strike out during free agency once again. Kevin love will obviously sign with the knicks ;)

EAGLES3658
06-05-2015, 12:11 AM
Cavs need depth. Badly.

KnicksorBust
06-05-2015, 12:12 AM
JR and Shumps shot 5/19 for 15 points in 68 minutes. mozgov can't be your 3rd option.

JR and Shumpert can be valuable role players if they are your 5th and 6th options. Both can get hot from the perimeter but If you need JR to score +15 every game it will catch up to you.

naps
06-05-2015, 12:12 AM

So the team that are playing the finals suck? How would you describe your Knicks then?

Teeboy1487
06-05-2015, 12:13 AM
Irving and Lebron scored 67% of their points. You can't rely on that to beat an elite team like the Warriors.

This.

KnicksorBust
06-05-2015, 12:16 AM

Completely agree. How would you feel about their chances with a healthy Love and healthy Kyrie?

Cal827
06-05-2015, 12:17 AM

:laugh2: Seeing as we won as many playoff games as them, probably shouldn't be taunting them on their season.

SlimKid
Hindsight is a fickle b****...

FriedTofuz
:laugh2: Seeing as we won as many playoff games as them, probably shouldn't be taunting them on their season.

This isnt about the raptors. Cmon, who's a fan of the knicks?

JordansBulls
06-05-2015, 12:18 AM
Love averaged 14 and 7 on 42% FG in the first round. Thompson was needed more against Chicago and Atlanta.

Cal827
06-05-2015, 12:23 AM
This isnt about the raptors. Cmon, who's a fan of the knicks?

:laugh2: Love my Tofuz, but if the Knicks make the playoff next season and/or the Raptors miss them, When the Knick fans flood our forum, you might want to duck for cover cause they'll be coming for you harder than Charles Barkley for Krispy Creme donuts.

Avenged
06-05-2015, 12:26 AM
Hah, Love?

Cal827
06-05-2015, 12:27 AM
Anyways, onto the topic.

I'm not sure if that would even help. Lebron played his *** off, and Golden State was clearly not at their best (finals gitters maybe), and yet they took game 1.

With Kevin Love there, their defense becomes worse, which might have led to open shots or easier opportunities in the paint.

I really think that Love would maybe make the difference between a 5 game series, and a 6 game series. After today, I think the Warriors might sweep, but Love there wouldn't be a series changer IMO. They would have been further exposed. TT is a good defender (then again, pretty much anyone who isn't Bargnani would be a defensive + at PF over Love :laugh2: )

Raps08-09 Champ
06-05-2015, 12:28 AM
Completely agree. How would you feel about their chances with a healthy Love and healthy Kyrie?

The favourites.

Irving was dancing on the floor there with an injured legs. If he had no issues, allows the defense to be more alert, especially late game. Love on the floor means that Barnes probably isn't playing as much and Iggy is on the floor more, which takes away the 3 point threat from Barnes.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-05-2015, 12:30 AM
Love averaged 14 and 7 on 42% FG in the first round. Thompson was needed more against Chicago and Atlanta.

It's about having options available. He's not a terrible player and he can still be elite if the situation allows him too. He makes 2 3 pointers a game at the very least, which opens up the floor for Irving and Lebron penetrations.

mngopher35
06-05-2015, 12:30 AM
To beat a team like gs cavs need love and healthy Irving id say. I think Thompson has played better than expected but that doesn't take away from the value love brings (way way better than jones and could be used next to tt instead of going super small).

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-05-2015, 12:37 AM
Love isn't a great player?

I'm saying they need any all-star quality PF whether it's Love or someone else.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-05-2015, 12:41 AM
They're playing James Jones. That's how pathetic it's gotten.

Wade n Fade
06-05-2015, 01:11 AM
They're playing James Jones. That's how pathetic it's gotten.

James Jones didn't even get minutes for Miami in the finals lol. He's nowhere near Shane Battier.

WaDe03
06-05-2015, 01:17 AM
No, LeBron needs Wade.

likemystylez
06-05-2015, 01:30 AM

healthy love would hurt their defense- warriors would pick and roll love to death

Raps08-09 Champ
06-05-2015, 01:38 AM
healthy love would hurt their defense- warriors would pick and roll love to death

Sure as hell beats James Jones playing 17 mins a game (probably 25 next game).

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 01:45 AM
If Lebron didn't chuck, they would have won tonight......

JBJoo
06-05-2015, 02:01 AM

Not when the Warriors play small with Green at center like they did this game a lot. Love would feast if they did that with him on the court.

Mave1002
06-05-2015, 04:31 AM
The Cavs suck. Love will leave and LeBron won't be able to rule the eastern conference anymore.

Fixed. :)

GiantsSwaGG
06-05-2015, 06:00 AM

He mad :laugh: he thought it was genius to resign Lowry, DeRozen was the next LeBron James and the Raps we're going deep in the playoffs. I love the Raps fans but ya boi making yall look bad

He wants our 4th pick so bad now that he's willing to trade his LeBron James for it

D-Leethal
06-05-2015, 08:21 AM
Are you kidding? Tristan Thompson and Mozgov absolutely murdered the Dubs for 4 quarters. Outside of LeBron's greatness they are the only reason the Cavs were in it. Unless they are going to play Love off the bench for 20 minutes in James Jones spot, they don't need Love. Love would take away big time from their defense and physicality while adding spacing. They need an upgrade for James Jones and their bench in general, they don't need to move Tristan Thompson back to a 15 minute bench role.

D-Leethal
06-05-2015, 08:21 AM
I don't even think they try to resign Love after TT's emergence. They need to resign TT, they need to resign Shumpert, JR likely opts out and tries to cash in. Unless he opts in, Love is gone, and they don't care.

nycericanguy
06-05-2015, 10:03 AM
Cavs need a healthy Irving & Varaejo more than Love. They probably win that game last night if Irving doesn't leave.

As others have said, JR & Shump cannot be your 2nd or 3rd options, they will fail much more often than not.

Shump had a great playoff series against IND two years back, then disappeared.

nycericanguy
06-05-2015, 10:07 AM
a great trade would Love for Ryan Anderson & a 1st rounder.

Love playing next to AD, and Ryan stretching the floor for CLE for 1/3rd the price.

Love would probably never agree to go to NOLA though.

Jarvo
06-05-2015, 10:07 AM
I said this before The Finals started that this will be the series The Cavs would miss Love the most and it showed, If Kyrie can't go then we will really see. LeBron can't score on his own and keep up with the rest of the Warriors sharp shooters.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Of course he would help. Even if you always thought Love was overrated, adding a 17/11 floor spacing big man who can draw shooting fouls and outlet the ball is a HUGE addition to what the Cavs are marching out there. TT's offensive rebounds are big, but he literally gives you nothing else.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-05-2015, 10:57 AM
True, Lebron needs to have the best team to win the ship. Otherwise he gets exposed

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 10:58 AM
True, Lebron needs to have the best team to win the ship. Otherwise he gets exposed

seeing as the best team always wins, duh

Magic had the best team, Bird, Duncan, MJ, Kobe, Russell, Shaq, etc, etc, etc

That is kinda how you win

GiantsSwaGG
06-05-2015, 11:01 AM

Nooooo really?

Chronz
06-05-2015, 01:10 PM
No **** they miss one of their best players. It's sad how often their offense devolved into an iso

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 01:13 PM
No **** they miss one of their best players. It's sad how often their offense devolved into an iso

the offense is literally all iso.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-05-2015, 02:13 PM

seeing as the best team always wins, duh

Magic had the best team, Bird, Duncan, MJ, Kobe, Russell, Shaq, etc, etc, etc

That is kinda how you win

Not necessarily true. The mavs were not better than the heat when they won. The pistons weren't better than the lakers when they won. They just happen to outplay the better team. In 2009 the celtics lakers series was a toss up. The best team doesn't always win.

D-Leethal
06-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Of course he would help. Even if you always thought Love was overrated, adding a 17/11 floor spacing big man who can draw shooting fouls and outlet the ball is a HUGE addition to what the Cavs are marching out there. TT's offensive rebounds are big, but he literally gives you nothing else.

TT was a man possessed out there last night and they played great defense on the Dubs save two hot stretches and OT. Dubs had no answer down low for the twin towers - they were getting annihilated in that department, the pick and roll was stifled all night and the Dubs offense as a whole looked pedestrian and they needed Andre freakin' Igoudala to get hot and bail them out of what was close to becoming a blowout. You can't just add Love's spacing without subtracting everything TT did last night to help them win.

6'5" Green and cement shoes Bogut had no answer at all for the length and athleticism of TT down low. Dubs get hot early and blow them out of the water if Love starts, plays heavy minutes and sends TT to the bench.
\

JBJoo
06-05-2015, 03:26 PM
Not necessarily true. The mavs were not better than the heat when they won. The pistons weren't better than the lakers when they won. They just happen to outplay the better team. In 2009 the celtics lakers series was a toss up. The best team doesn't always win.

Yes, but Isn't it a lofty expectation to expect a player to win a title without the best team? I mean there are examples of it happening sure.

And when I say best team I mean that player included. The Lakers without Kobe, or the Mavs without Dirk were still solid teams, but would never make it to the finals, or even close without him. The Cavs have 2 of their best players out, and one of their best role players out. If Love/Irving/Verajoa were healthy, and the Cavs were still losing then I'd say you have a point, but Lebron can't win the finals by himself. Jordan couldn't. Kobe couldn't.

I picked GSW to win, but if the Cavs had a full roster I think this series would be easy for the Cavs. Like in 5 or 6 games. Golden State just has depth. Cavs still have a chance, but it's slim in my opinion, and it's because a sheer lack of talent.

JBJoo
06-05-2015, 03:29 PM
Put it this way. Given any season. Lets say the Bulls didn't have Pippen/Rodman/Wellington in a finals. They're not winning any titles with that roster. I don't care if MJ goes for 50 a night.

Same with Kobe. If Pau/Bynum/Artest are out they're not winning the finals either.

Chronz
06-05-2015, 06:55 PM
the offense is literally all iso. jvg was the king of isolation with mac and yao and even he was surprised by how vanilla their offense was. With Love they are elite on that end. Ignorant ****s want you to focus on rebounding but neglect to mention the fact That you don't need offensive boarda IF ur scoring. Love gets boards only he does it while optimizing the teams minutes and their offensive efficiency

Chronz
06-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Speak for yourself, the lakers were obviously losing that series imo. And Kobe going against. his coaches wishes onl. Compounded their problems

D-Leethal
06-05-2015, 07:23 PM
jvg was the king of isolation with mac and yao and even he was surprised by how vanilla their offense was. With Love they are elite on that end. Ignorant ****s want you to focus on rebounding but neglect to mention the fact That you don't need offensive boarda IF ur scoring. Love gets boards only he does it while optimizing the teams minutes and their offensive efficiency

I know you don't think basketball exists if its not in a box score and can't be manipulated in a math formula, but its more than the offensive boards, verticality, physicality, athleticism down low on both ends - making the Dubs big men look like weak, undersized midgets playing with grown men. Hard hedges and traps on Curry's pick and roll - making the Dubs STRUGGLE big time to score for the majority of the game. That wouldn't happen with Love's sorry pick and roll defense getting picked apart by Steph and co. Yes - I know you can't quantify it like your precious offensive efficiency, but it's very real, and it makes a tangible difference.

ooooooh but his offensive efficiency tho. Gimme a break, Clevelands best chance is to ugly it up, and they did a damn good job at it. GSW would wipe the floor with them if they wanted to play an uptempo finesse series with Love in the fold because GSW can play that way AND play elite D. Cavs can't if Love is on the floor.

L8kers4life
06-05-2015, 07:37 PM
Speak for yourself, the lakers were obviously losing that series imo. And Kobe going against. his coaches wishes onl. Compounded their problems

First off, the whole Kobe going against the teams wishes was pure bull, Karl Malone being hurt and Shaq was out of Shape probably had more to do with the loss. Shaq averaged 21 and 13 in the playoffs and like 42% FROM THE FREE THROW LINE, it was the start of his decline, and phsically all of us Laker fans could see how out of shape Shaq was. Vegas and every sports outlet had the lakers as the favorite to beat the Pistons, lakers were favored by 8 in the first game, and they were 3 to 1 favorites before the series started, if you think the Pistons were a lock to win that series your either full of it, or you are the only person besides Ric Bucher to actually pick the Pistons to win. So yes, some times the favorites lose.

Secondly, the Lakers gave the Celtics all they could handle that year, and oh yeah our Center, who happened to be a top 5 center in the league that year, was out the entire playoffs. Before we traded for Pau, we were the number 1 seed in the West with Kobe and Bynum and no Pau yet.

basch152
06-05-2015, 07:53 PM
First off, the whole Kobe going against the teams wishes was pure bull, Karl Malone being hurt and Shaq was out of Shape probably had more to do with the loss. Shaq averaged 21 and 13 in the playoffs and like 42% FROM THE FREE THROW LINE, it was the start of his decline, and phsically all of us Laker fans could see how out of shape Shaq was. Vegas and every sports outlet had the lakers as the favorite to beat the Pistons, lakers were favored by 8 in the first game, and they were 3 to 1 favorites before the series started, if you think the Pistons were a lock to win that series your either full of it, or you are the only person besides Ric Bucher to actually pick the Pistons to win. So yes, some times the favorites lose.

Secondly, the Lakers gave the Celtics all they could handle that year, and oh yeah our Center, who happened to be a top 5 center in the league that year, was out the entire playoffs. Before we traded for Pau, we were the number 1 seed in the West with Kobe and Bynum and no Pau yet.

The only reason no one picked the pistons to win is because no one has ever seen a TRUE basketball team without a superstar actually win anything before. They didnt realize just how good they actually were.

Vinylman
06-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Billy knight won that championship for Detroit by being an idiot

Sadds The Gr8
06-05-2015, 08:21 PM
only idiots thought that they didnt

MDD
06-05-2015, 09:02 PM
Kevin love is one of the worst defenders in the league , don,t have great a low post game , don't have the quickness or skill to get away from players on the perimeter if get closed out on by the D not like a Dirk , not a great shooter on the perimeter as people like to give him and don't fit well enough on this team if the offense is not ran at his pace to be extremely affective struggles. This Cleveland team play to fast for him that's why he struggles!