PDA

View Full Version : What does James have to do for the Cavs to win?

More-Than-Most
06-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Well what do you guys think? Please no trolling... we are on the day of the start of the nba finals... its one of the best times of the year and lets just enjoy the ride.

Bostonjorge
06-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Play better then curry the league MVP and best player in the NBA today.

curtcocaine
06-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Play like James. He needs his role players to knock down their open shots because we will be collapsing trying to keep him from the paint.

GREATNESS ONE
06-04-2015, 07:15 PM
Triple Double avg

Hawkeye15
06-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Pray his role players step up and play better than their are capable of, his teams defense has to be lights out, and he has got to have a top 5 all time individual finals.

His team is overmatched talent wise, for sure. GS's bench has players that would easily start for Cleveland.

IKnowHoops
06-04-2015, 07:29 PM
He can play the best games of his life, but if his teammates don't defend well, knock down open shots and rebound then it won't matter what he does.

conway429
06-04-2015, 07:30 PM
He has to give Curry and Klay concussions.

If the Warriors play like they should/have, then I don't think the Cavs have a chance.

jerellh528
06-04-2015, 07:55 PM
Just play the type of ball we expect out of a top 5 NBA player in today's NBA would in the finals.. His teammates have been proving throughout the entire playoffs already that they are capable of playing up to championship level, they just have to continue it. I mean, they're in the finals with lebron having a pretty disappointing postseason, especially his efficiency with a .492 ts%, which is by far the lowest of any player in the whole cavs rotation. So I'd say they're in good shape when lebron is their least efficient player all playoffs and they're still in the finals. Also wouldn't hurt if curry has a terrible shooting series.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-04-2015, 08:01 PM
Be Jordan , so nothing.

jerellh528
06-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Where's the option for "improve his current inefficient level of play"?

bucketss
06-04-2015, 08:10 PM
keep feeding the role players for wide open threes.

WOwolfOL
06-04-2015, 08:13 PM
I think the series will be won or lost depending on his teammates knocking down the 3s. Golden State needs to contest every single shot and minimize Thompson's ability to get second (or third or fourth) chance opportunities. If the Bulls had been able to protect the paint from TT, they likely would've won that series.

JWO35
06-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Have Mike Miller check in just to punch Stephen Curry in the face...

WITZ
06-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Pray his role players step up and play better than their are capable of, his teams defense has to be lights out, and he has got to have a top 5 all time individual finals.

His team is overmatched talent wise, for sure. GS's bench has players that would easily start for Cleveland.

Go on.... im real curious about this one :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
06-04-2015, 08:57 PM

curious about what?

Teeboy1487
06-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Lebron needs to be Lebron. You have to take his assists away. Too many teams try too hard to stop his scoring. His passing is far more dangerous imo when paired with his scoring. If he is averages a triple double, that means he is controlling the tempo of the game. Warriors can't play at his tempo. Lebron has seen everything and every defense. You have to pick your poison. I would make him shoot jumpers and hope he is missing.

WITZ
06-04-2015, 09:00 PM
curious about what?

What i bolded obviously. What GS bench players are easily starting on Cleveland ?

THE MTL
06-04-2015, 09:04 PM
I would say average near a triple double

Avenged
06-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Everything.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-04-2015, 09:26 PM

Iguodala is easily a better option than Shumpert. Livingston is a better option than when Irving is out for Delladova.

Hotone1401
06-04-2015, 09:32 PM
He just has to be himself.

I don't know why everyone is so caught up in the hype of the Warriors. Cleveland is matched up very well against them and are stacked when it comes to rebounding. The Cavs win this series pretty easily.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-04-2015, 09:35 PM
He just has to be himself.

I don't know why everyone is so caught up in the hype of the Warriors. Cleveland is matched up very well against them and are stacked when it comes to rebounding. The Cavs win this series pretty easily.

Not really. Curry and Thompson will slaughter the Cavs' backcourt unless they **** the bed.

Hotone1401
Just placed a 500 bet on the Cavs to take this series. You guys are under rating the help James has with this Cleveland team. They're deep, have fire power, dominate on the boards, and Kyrie can't be guarded.

Hotone1401
Not really. Curry and Thompson will slaughter the Cavs' backcourt unless they **** the bed.

Sig bet?

WOwolfOL
06-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Making the Warriors look like the Bulls

Hotone1401
06-04-2015, 09:37 PM

It's a team game. W's have no answer for Lebron and are no match for the Cavs on the boards.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Sig bet?

Nah. I think the Warriors will win but I want the Cavs to win. Doesn't really make sense to bet.

Hotone1401
06-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Lebron fans are always understating his teammates. This Cleveland team is legit. Lebron doesn't need to play hero ball. He just has to be himself and if he does that, this team will battle and win the series on the boards and defense.

Hotone1401
06-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Nah. I think the Warriors will win but I want the Cavs to win. Doesn't really make sense to bet.

That's fair.

I just can't stand people making it out like Lebron has to save his team. The Cavs are deep. They are really good on defense and own everybody on the boards. That's all Lebron needs to take this team to a title.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Lebron fans are always understating his teammates. This Cleveland team is legit. Lebron doesn't need to play hero ball. He just has to be himself and if he does that, this team will battle and win the series on the boards and defense.

It's not about understating his opponents. This Warriors team is one of the best ever.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-04-2015, 09:46 PM
That's fair.

I just can't stand people making it out like Lebron has to save his team. The Cavs are deep. They are really good on defense and own everybody on the boards. That's all Lebron needs to take this team to a title.

Smith is hot and cold and Irving is badly injured. Their defensive strengths are going up against a great offensive team and most times, I'd pick the Warriors offense.

Hotone1401
06-04-2015, 09:48 PM
It's not about understating his opponents. This Warriors team is one of the best ever.

Not his opponents. I'm referring to Lebron's teammates. They are legit.

The W's are good but they are very on dimensional offensively but they are overrated. The game is about matchups. The fact that the Cavs will get stops and own the boards surely makes them the favorite in my eyes.

If you really disagree you would sig bet. But you won't because you know what I say is true.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-04-2015, 09:50 PM
That's what I meant. "not about understating his teammates but more because he's facing a better team with more success this season".

The Warriors are the favourite because they are the better team, even if the Cavs match up well.

Hotone1401
06-04-2015, 09:53 PM
That's what I meant. "not about understating his teammates but more because he's facing a better team with more success this season".

The Warriors are the favourite because they are the better team, even if the Cavs match up well.

If they are they aren't by much.

Really, I'm just sick and tired of psd under rating Lebron's teammates. Lebron won't nor does he need to play hero ball. He will defer and rely on his teammates. The Cavs in my eyes are better in so many areas other than perimeter shooting.

Hotone1401
06-04-2015, 09:54 PM

If they are they aren't by much.

Really, I'm just sick and tired of psd under rating Lebron's teammates. Lebron won't nor does he need to play hero ball. He will defer and rely on his teammates. The Cavs in my eyes are better in so many areas other than perimeter shooting.

conway429
06-04-2015, 09:57 PM
^ where do you get the idea that the Cavs are so much better on the boards !?

Hotone1401
06-04-2015, 10:01 PM
^ where do you get the idea that the Cavs are so much better on the boards !?

They have bigger and more athletic rebounding bigs in Mozgov and Tristan. They also have Lebron.

KnicksorBust
06-04-2015, 11:47 PM
If scoring as many points as Klay and Curry combined through 3 and a half quarters wont do it. Thats not a good sign.

MagicBucsSox
06-05-2015, 12:02 AM
Play better then curry the league MVP and best player in the NBA today.

Curry isnt even a top 5 nba player my man

lol, please
06-05-2015, 12:22 AM
What i bolded obviously. What GS bench players are easily starting on Cleveland ?

Speights, Lee, Iggy, and Livingston. Arguably Ezeli as well.

lol, please
06-05-2015, 12:22 AM

:facepalm:

naps
06-05-2015, 12:25 AM
LeBron can't beat this team by himself. They don't have Love and if Kyrie is not 100% Cleveland has zero chance.

Some specific fans here continuing their hatred toward one of the top 5 player of all-time. #KeepHatinBronKobeFans

WaDe03
06-05-2015, 01:23 AM
Speights, Lee, Iggy, and Livingston. Arguably Ezeli as well.

Lol please, (no pun intended) Iggy may start at the 2 but other than that none of those players would start.

vics
06-05-2015, 01:49 AM
Why? does the Warriors beat them convincingly? I guess not, they almost won in regulation and were ahead most of the time. Just play their game, it will eventually come to them.

lincecum=future
06-05-2015, 01:52 AM
Simple. Play like he did tonight with more contribution from his team mates. Can't play much better than he played tonight even with the OT collapse

raiderposting
06-05-2015, 02:12 AM

Yeah..............ur dumb

Tony_Starks
06-05-2015, 02:45 AM
Be the best player in this series.....

More-Than-Most
06-05-2015, 03:00 AM

he was tonight... how did that turn out?

PhillyFaninLA
06-05-2015, 05:20 AM
Golden State is better than the Cavs. They have more talent and more balance. Lebron can't win this, he needs his teammates to step up. If JR played adequate yesterday, this game doesn't go to OT.

Mave1002
06-05-2015, 06:42 AM

And you should be arrested for too much drug use.

Big Zo
06-05-2015, 07:42 AM
Kidnap Steph Curry.

Yanks All Day
06-05-2015, 08:39 AM
He's got to play the exact same offensive style as he played last night, take less than 2 3 pointers per game, keep attacking, and hit his free throws. In other words, a super efficient scoring machine. He's just got to go all out for 2 weeks and be super human at this point, especially if there's no Kyrie Irving.

THEN, on top of that, he's going to need his role players to actually hit their shots. JR Smith can't play like he did. Shumpert needs to get open and shoot more. Dellavedova needs to do the same. And Thompson needs to bully that paint offensively. It's not enough to just rebound this series. He has to play offense and get Green in foul trouble early to force the Warriors to adjust defensively.

It was an uphill battle for Cleveland WITH Kyrie. Without him, it's going to take an all-time great Finals performance for the Cavs to win.

Auseranami
06-05-2015, 08:47 AM
Make kyrie injury free. Or flagrant curry, iggy, or bogut causing an injury that results in missing games. The Warriors defense is so good that lebron can go off for a playoff career high and they still lose. The Warriors stopped the rest of the cavs team from doing anything and basically just weathered LeBron "hero balling" the whole game. People are gonna ***** about LeBron not having a good team again and that's why he loses, but give the Warriors credit where it's due. They were the best defensive team in the league and it showed in game 1.

Auseranami
06-05-2015, 08:49 AM
If he goes off for 55+ points a game the rest of the series, the cavs could probably win at least a couple.

valade16
06-05-2015, 09:00 AM
After watching game 1 I feel confident in saying there is nothing LeBron James can do to so the Cavs win. It's just not possible.

The Splash brothers scored a combined 47 points. LeBron by himself got 44 points and they lost. And now Kyrie might be out.

There is nothing LeBron James can do to win this series for Cleveland, GS is too good.

basch152
06-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Develop super human powers.

Use those to secretly murder the entire Warriors starting lineup during the night then win a 7 game series against their bench.

koreancabbage
06-05-2015, 09:17 AM
Cleveland has to slow the game to a snails pace.

Problem on offense is that Warriors rather play single coverage on Lebron than him find open guys - they will live with the 2 than the pass out from Lebron to an open 3 pointer.

Only thing that can change is if the trio of players guarding Lebron get into foul trouble, JR Smith, Delly, James Jones, Shumpert, Mike Miller (is playing as well) and shoot at least 50% from 3 point land, and the Cavs guard the PnR to perfection.

blams
06-05-2015, 09:48 AM

He is but he is definitely not as good as LeBron :laugh2: ****ing dumbasses.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 10:14 AM
After watching game 1 I feel confident in saying there is nothing LeBron James can do to so the Cavs win. It's just not possible.

The Splash brothers scored a combined 47 points. LeBron by himself got 44 points and they lost. And now Kyrie might be out.

There is nothing LeBron James can do to win this series for Cleveland, GS is too good.

Not with Love out, Irving gimping, and possibly out, and him needing to depend on his role players (Smith, Della, Shump, really?), and the fact that the Warriors are one of the more talented teams in recent history.

What is funny is, LeBron scored 44 on 38 shots, which is very Kobe-like, yet Kobe fans will fail to recognize the biggest difference is, LeBron doesn't have those other guys Kobe had to help chip in and take down talented teams.

There is nothing LeBron can do. He can average 38-7-7 for the series (he did against Orlando and lost years ago), and his team will lose. He just doesn't have the talent around him, due to some injuries to the next 2 best players on that roster.

Jarvo
06-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Make a deal with The Based God.

xbrackattackx
06-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Just placed a 500 bet on the Cavs to take this series. You guys are under rating the help James has with this Cleveland team. They're deep, have fire power, dominate on the boards, and Kyrie can't be guarded.

Next time you are gonna give 500 dollars away let me know. You can just pay pal it straight to me. ;)

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 10:45 AM

he has been in all but 2 series he has lost haha.

valade16
06-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Not with Love out, Irving gimping, and possibly out, and him needing to depend on his role players (Smith, Della, Shump, really?), and the fact that the Warriors are one of the more talented teams in recent history.

What is funny is, LeBron scored 44 on 38 shots, which is very Kobe-like, yet Kobe fans will fail to recognize the biggest difference is, LeBron doesn't have those other guys Kobe had to help chip in and take down talented teams.

There is nothing LeBron can do. He can average 38-7-7 for the series (he did against Orlando and lost years ago), and his team will lose. He just doesn't have the talent around him, due to some injuries to the next 2 best players on that roster.

Yeah there were only 3 players worth a **** on Cleveland in Game 1: Bron, Kyrie and Mozgov.

And now Kyrie is hurt again. They are done.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 11:35 AM
Play better then curry the league MVP and best player in the NBA today. http://loanwebfast.com/green/images/62.gifhttp://insuranceautocars.com/insurance/images/37.gif

he did, they lost.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 11:36 AM
Yeah there were only 3 players worth a **** on Cleveland in Game 1: Bron, Kyrie and Mozgov.

And now Kyrie is hurt again. They are done.

TT did keep a lot of possessions alive, but he is such an offensive downgrade from Love, it's disgusting.

kingkenny01
06-05-2015, 11:58 AM
How does lebron win, become a witch doctor and heal kyrie and love

superwill
06-05-2015, 12:54 PM
be like Mike

WaDe03
06-05-2015, 12:56 PM
He has to hit his shots. When he was on Miami we just put him in when no one was hitting shots and we needed some 3s. He helped space the floor for Wade and LeBron because he is such a great shooter.

valade16
06-05-2015, 01:23 PM
TT did keep a lot of possessions alive, but he is such an offensive downgrade from Love, it's disgusting.

True, I should have clarified by saying offensively there were only 3 good players. I don't think I've ever seen so many ISOs in a game in my life.

HoopsDrive
06-05-2015, 01:34 PM
There's nothing he can do aside from performing as per his usual and hoping the rest of his team has exceeding performances. Basketball is a team sport and the Ws are the superior team. Couple that with the devastating injuries to their personnel and this makes it even worse.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 01:40 PM
True, I should have clarified by saying offensively there were only 3 good players. I don't think I've ever seen so many ISOs in a game in my life.

that is literally all Cleveland does now. But what offense can you run? You are wasting clock if LeBron/Irving don't have the ball in their hands, and if Irving is out, it will be 70% usage time for LeBron haha.

This series is over.

Avenged
06-05-2015, 01:45 PM

Pretty damn good I would say :D

curtcocaine
06-05-2015, 01:48 PM
Play like James. He needs his role players to knock down their open shots because we will be collapsing trying to keep him from the paint.
Was I right?

Hangin n Wangin
06-05-2015, 01:50 PM
What a ball hog. 38 shots? Selfish. That's why the team lost.

8kobe24
06-05-2015, 01:59 PM
He needs the ref's help.

YashBoone
06-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Was I right?

Technically no.

Golden State opted to stay home and let James go 1 on 1 all game.
Which in my opinion was the smartest thing Kerr could have done.

bucketss
06-05-2015, 02:05 PM
Technically no.

Golden State opted to stay home and let James go 1 on 1 all game.
Which in my opinion was the smartest thing Kerr could have done.

almost cost them the game though, cavs had opportunities, lebron with the last shot, shumpert with a shot off lebrons miss. mozgov called for that travel.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 02:12 PM
almost cost them the game though, cavs had opportunities, lebron with the last shot, shumpert with a shot off lebrons miss. mozgov called for that travel.

because it took nearly a half for GS to wake up. If they come out playing like they did in half 2 (expected), they will win easily.

TylerSL
06-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Lebron's team is outclassed, especially if Kyrie Irving is going to miss any games. Lebron's going to have a great series (probably average something like 35/8/8) and his team is going to lose the series in 5 games. Golden State has the best offense and the best defense. They shoot better than anybody, they pass better than anybody. They are the class of the league this year and Cleveland, who was 20th in defensive efficiency, can neither defend nor outscore them.

Honestly if it was anyone other than the Warriors or Spurs in the Finals, the Cavaliers would have a decent shot (Love or no Love and injured Kyrie or not) because Lebron is Lebron. However, Golden State, statistically speaking, has been a historically good team this year and it's gonna take other weapons besides Lebron to beat them. Lebron's going to fall to 2-4 in the Finals and his haters are going to love that, but his averages are going to be otherworldly for the losing Finals team.

Alas, The Cavaliers could prove me wrong and win the series but I doubt it. Golden State is too good and if they keep this up, the power structure in the NBA is going to have to change before anyone can compete with these guys. That or their team breaks up because they can't pay everyone. Stephen Curry is worth a max, Klay Thompson is making close to it, Harrison Barnes will look for over $10 million annually, Draymond Green will want a max, Iguodala and Bogut are making $25 million combined, and of course there's David Lee, who looks very expendable, making $15 million. Salary cap restrictions could be the reason we don't see a coming Warrior dynasty. So while the future is uncertain for the Warriors, these Finals are not. As great as Lebron is, his Cavaliers are just outmatched.

Zefflin
06-05-2015, 10:08 PM
Kyrie is out, so unless Lebron puts a hit on Curry and offs him before tmr this series is over.

Tony_Starks
06-05-2015, 10:12 PM

38 shots to get 44 points is the best, including 1-10 in OT?

I don't buy that for one second, in fact the PSD Bible calls that inefficient "chucking" which is a unforgivable sin.

He went Allen Iverson, minus the win.

bucketss
06-05-2015, 10:20 PM

I don't buy that for one second, in fact the PSD Bible calls that inefficient "chucking" which is a unforgivable sin.

i guess you care about efficiency now?

lol, please
06-05-2015, 10:23 PM

It's definitely a tall task for them.

bucketss
06-05-2015, 11:15 PM
i think lebron can do it, he just needs some energy from lebron fans

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111207453/4498353-5315423922-latest

koreancabbage
06-05-2015, 11:24 PM
this would be the greatest upset if Lebron and Cleveland won this series.

i don't think he will but think for a moment if the Cavs did win the Finals this year.

that would be a wow moment.

Tony_Starks
06-06-2015, 12:59 AM

I certainly do not. I simply ask that people be consistent and don't switch up their standards for their favorite player.

We all know had another player threw that many bricks up there in a loss no less the efficiency squad would've went berserk and not cared about the circumstance.

lol, please
06-06-2015, 01:05 AM
I certainly do not. I simply ask that people be consistent and don't switch up their standards for their favorite player.

We all know had another player threw that many bricks up there in a loss no less the efficiency squad would've went berserk and not cared about the circumstance.
Who?

jerellh528
06-06-2015, 01:15 AM
Who?

Westbrook for one. I remember after his 54 point game ppl were hating on him pretty bad for efficiency and amount of shots, but those same guys are the ones praising everything James does. I personally think it was a good game by James, but he's right, ppl need to have the same standards and hold lebron accountable like they do every other player

More-Than-Most
06-06-2015, 01:36 AM

lol yea when he was amazingly efficient it was he refuses to shoot and now that he shoots its he is shooting to much and isnt efficient. The only one who has been consistent is jerrel in all threads... he prefers James the way he was last game.... I honestly dont but i till consider it one of his best performances because of the team he went against and the lack of help he had. He was by far the best player in game 1.

More-Than-Most
06-06-2015, 01:38 AM

there are other factors though... I hate when he shoots this much but his performance to me was still amazing because of the lack of help and because of the team he played... he was insanely dominant all game and remained so all game something I think will break him by game 3 because he is to big to continue to use that much energy.

SanAntonioSpurs23
06-06-2015, 02:00 AM
Call Ray Allen to see if he can bail his *** out again.

bucketss
06-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Westbrook for one. I remember after his 54 point game ppl were hating on him pretty bad for efficiency and amount of shots, but those same guys are the ones praising everything James does. I personally think it was a good game by James, but he's right, ppl need to have the same standards and hold lebron accountable like they do every other player

only thing i didn't like about westbrook is it was like he was forcing triple doubles and 40+ point games. it was cringe worthy at times.

lol, please
06-06-2015, 11:06 PM
[emoji23]

buck4493
06-06-2015, 11:42 PM
James needs to ply 45 min, force Kerr to either play starters a ton of minutes or live with LeBron destroying their bench for a few min. Blatt needs to put LeBron on curry entire game.
James needs to also play pg and create for Smith and shumpert to get good looks.
Irving is big loss but they play damn good defense, be physical and lay it on line.

I'm still taking cavs.

LA_Raiders
06-06-2015, 11:44 PM
He has to trust his teammates and stop playing out of position.

LakerShow
06-07-2015, 12:12 AM

:laugh2:

Scoots
06-07-2015, 12:35 AM
Walk on water, turn water into wine.

kyubi256
06-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Combine 1 and 2. He has to play his game and make his teammates better, but he also needs to get close to a triple double every game

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-07-2015, 01:06 PM

I was thinking the same

Tony_Starks
06-07-2015, 01:20 PM

only thing i didn't like about westbrook is it was like he was forcing triple doubles and 40+ point games. it was cringe worthy at times.

So Westbrook putting up triple doubles and 30-50 point games for a month, and singlehandedly keeping OKC in the playoff race with no KD and sometimes no Ibaka is cringe worthy. Lebron puts up 38 shots, including 2-8 from 3 and getting ghost in OT......best player in the series, great game, had no choice, did what he had to do right? Right, typical Lebron fan logic.

The difference between me and you is I had no problem when Westbrook did it and had absolutely no problem when Lebron did it. I understand the game is bigger than usage ratings and efficiency and I don't change that regardless of if I have a bias towards the player or not.....

AIRMAR72
06-07-2015, 01:32 PM
Well what do you guys think? Please no trolling... we are on the day of the start of the nba finals... its one of the best times of the year and lets just enjoy the ride. get Kristen MORE involved on offense LeBron needs to attack the paint more passion

ThePlayoffs
06-08-2015, 05:04 AM

I agree, Westbrook was definitely forcing it on the offensive end. This was due in part to the lack of consistent scoring options.

In LeBrons case he doesn't take the shot every time. He has a few scoring options even with Irving out. Mozgov for example, thus allowing some of the scoring pressure to be relieved.

To me the way Westbrook plays just gives of a more selfish vibe than Bron.

GoferKing_
06-08-2015, 06:03 PM
GSW could be on their knees if they lost the first game.heh

bucketss
06-08-2015, 06:27 PM
So Westbrook putting up triple doubles and 30-50 point games for a month, and singlehandedly keeping OKC in the playoff race with no KD and sometimes no Ibaka is cringe worthy. Lebron puts up 38 shots, including 2-8 from 3 and getting ghost in OT......best player in the series, great game, had no choice, did what he had to do right? Right, typical Lebron fan logic.

The difference between me and you is I had no problem when Westbrook did it and had absolutely no problem when Lebron did it. I understand the game is bigger than usage ratings and efficiency and I don't change that regardless of if I have a bias towards the player or not.....

i turned the game off yesterday because of too much lebron iso that led to bricks in the 4th. even when he scored it was really annoying to watch. but bron wasn't trying to stat pad like westrbook was, westbrook was literally playing for triple doubles. it was so annoying.

bklynny67
06-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Stop shooting 35-40 times a game.... Steph won't continue playing that bad and if James is gonna be a chucker the rest of the series, they might not win another game.

Goose17
06-08-2015, 07:13 PM
If last night is anything to go by, he needs to do everything. Literally everything.

MTar786
06-08-2015, 07:31 PM
if lebron played to his potential they would be up 2-0 so please guys, stop trying to make it like lbj is in beast mode and thats the only reason the cavs have a chance. The cavs won game 2 with lebron playing pretty horribly imo

Yanks All Day
06-09-2015, 08:59 AM
He just needs to keep playing the way he does. Attack and make the smart pass. The Cavs stole a road game without a single role player consistently hitting open shots. Yeah, Steph has been inconsistent, but most of the Warriors haven't. Virtually all of the Cavaliers have. LeBron needs to keep his aggressive play up, but it's his role players that need to knock down the shots when they get them.

If they win the series, his shooting percentage means absolutely nothing. Zero. Nothing at all. He can win a ring shooting 40% for the series. He can't win if no one else is scoring when they get easy looks.

kyubi256
06-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Now I don't know if Lebron can beat the Warriors. He is exerting himself so much that I just don't see him being able to keep it up for the entirety of the series. Too much to ask of one guy

kyubi256
06-09-2015, 12:00 PM
if lebron played to his potential they would be up 2-0 so please guys, stop trying to make it like lbj is in beast mode and thats the only reason the cavs have a chance. The cavs won game 2 with lebron playing pretty horribly imo

Lebron dominated the assist and rebounds and also consistently required doubles. He was in beast mode that game. He is why they won, even with that horrible shooting he was setting his teammates up with shots and put back opportunities to win. And also playing good defense.

tmacmamba
06-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Hero ball, Lebron will get his third ring this year if Steph Curry and the Warriors keep shooting the way they did in game 2.

Goose17
06-09-2015, 12:46 PM

He was in beast mode. No way you can dispute that. The rest of that team is awful offensively. If he didn't play the way he did they wouldn't have been winning, they would've been blown out.

Jeffy25
06-10-2015, 03:30 AM

Just a random question for you.

If the Cavs do pull this out, does LeBron change in your all-time ranking considering the context of this statement here?

I.e. it's impressive that they won?

I also don't recall which tier you had him in.

Hawkeye15
06-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Just a random question for you.

If the Cavs do pull this out, does LeBron change in your all-time ranking considering the context of this statement here?

I.e. it's impressive that they won?

I also don't recall which tier you had him in.

yes, he moves up into my next tier.

Currently,

MJ
KAJ/Wilt
Duncan/Shaq/Hakeem/Magic
LeBron/Bird/Kobe/Russell

So yes, he moves up into the Duncan/Shaq/Hakeem/Magic tier for me if he wins this finals, and in that tier, I would rank him 3rd behind Duncan and Shaq, at age 31 and still going....

But, I still think GS erupts at some point. I am in utter shock that the Cavs have been the better team for all 3 games, even if it is only 2-1.

Wes Mantooth
06-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Win or loose Bron is going to be high drama when this series is over. For his legacy he will try to have his MJ moment and will need to be carried off the court on a stretcher. He deserves to be exhausted, but he will milk the drama out of this so all the haters know he did all he could to win. I wonder what the over under is for a game 6 collapse on the court. Doris will interview him from the inside of an ambulance.

If the Cavs win we will have to suffer through an entire summer of Sports Center debating if Lebron is equal to MJ or not. Still more interesting than baseball.

OceanSpray
06-10-2015, 01:45 PM
LMFAO. Are you guys seriously comparing LeBron's inefficiency/numbers with Westbrook? That is completely ABSURD and shows how little context you use in your arguments. Westbrook is playing against regular season teams. Quite frankly, no one cares as much. Westbrook didn't lead his team at all. Look, even when he was putting up impressive numbers, you never got the feeling Westbrook was inspiring his teammates. It seemed as if he was gonna get his, just so he can get his. LeBron is inspiring his teammates and he's doing so for the entire playoffs. He's doing so against the Warriors. He's doing so while being counted out vs the Bulls, the Hawks, and the Warriors. He's doing it. Westbrook didn't do it. Use context because the moment you do, you go from employed, to unemployed. Employers don't want someone who ignores valuable information.

lol, please
06-10-2015, 03:15 PM
LMFAO. Are you guys seriously comparing LeBron's inefficiency/numbers with Westbrook? That is completely ABSURD and shows how little context you use in your arguments. Westbrook is playing against regular season teams. Quite frankly, no one cares as much. Westbrook didn't lead his team at all. Look, even when he was putting up impressive numbers, you never got the feeling Westbrook was inspiring his teammates. It seemed as if he was gonna get his, just so he can get his. LeBron is inspiring his teammates and he's doing so for the entire playoffs. He's doing so against the Warriors. He's doing so while being counted out vs the Bulls, the Hawks, and the Warriors. He's doing it. Westbrook didn't do it. Use context because the moment you do, you go from employed, to unemployed. Employers don't want someone who ignores valuable information.
Plenty of similarities between their inefficiency

Bigdaddyburch
06-10-2015, 06:39 PM
Stop shooting 35-40 times a game.... Steph won't continue playing that bad and if James is gonna be a chucker the rest of the series, they might not win another game.

So you are saying his points are not needed and he is hurting his team by playing all out? Ypu really feel that his teammates can cover his production?