PDA

View Full Version : Take out your Tin foil hats...

xbrackattackx
06-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Now I know I'm beating a dead horse. But the NBA lottery could be a little planned. It seems if you lose a super star and have a bad season. Blam!, number one pick. Now I think the wolves deserve the pick hands down. They always get screwed in the draft. But even previous years Cavs got it. Chicago got their golden boy. Spurs got Duncan. Magic to LA. It seems like the NBA is trying to make all teams be able to compete. So if this came out to be true after all these years. The NBA was places the picks and the owners were in on it. (For example: If we let the Cavs get Love, they get a number one pick. Philly you tank and we will give you this pick.) how would you feel? Mad? betrayed? Whatever?

JLynn943
06-04-2015, 10:10 AM
And the Kings have been in the lottery 9 straight years without a single top 3 pick.

I don't know if it's fixed. This line of thought is nothing new though. If it turned out to be true, I'd definitely be mad at being screwed over, but I wouldn't be even slightly surprised.

Vinylman
06-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Now I know I'm beating a dead horse. But the NBA lottery could be a little planned. It seems if you lose a super star and have a bad season. Blam!, number one pick. Now I think the wolves deserve the pick hands down. They always get screwed in the draft. But even previous years Cavs got it. Chicago got their golden boy. Spurs got Duncan. Magic to LA. It seems like the NBA is trying to make all teams be able to compete. So if this came out to be true after all these years. The NBA was places the picks and the owners were in on it. (For example: If we let the Cavs get Love, they get a number one pick. Philly you tank and we will give you this pick.) how would you feel? Mad? betrayed? Whatever?

no lottery when magic was drafted by the Lakers... nice try though

FYL_McVeezy
06-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Another theory for the tin-foil hat wearers...

The NBA has been leaning towards accommodating the smaller market teams since this CBA was signed...anytime you heard Stern talk and now Silver, they always talk about how much more competitive the league is now with respect to the small market teams, they always brag about the Small market teams being more competitive nowadays...and we are seeing that reflected..just look at the finals matchup this year(even though both teams have star power) whoever wins it will be their first title in decades..also we are seeing small market teams making deeper runs in the playoffs....so for those who do believe the lottery is rigged(not here to say either way, believe what you want to believe) maybe that could be a reason as to why the TWolves were awarded the 1st pick over a larger market like NY for example....and they had the highest odds for the pick anyways....

We'll see if this changes in the new CBA..if at all....I just hope there's not another lockout.

Me personally, I've always thought the lottery was rigged so no outrage from me....it is what it is...no one puts a gun to my head and forces me to watch the NBA.

Goose17
06-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Some journo made a conspiracy theory to explain why every team would get the number one pick. Just to show how easy it is to come up with this B.S

I don't believe it's rigged because there's no way you could do it without all the owners knowing and there's no way all the owners sign off on this.

xbrackattackx
06-04-2015, 11:33 AM
no lottery when magic was drafted by the Lakers... nice try though

The point wasn't the Lottery. It was about generating a successful revenue by assigning talent where need be.

bleedprple&gold
06-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Wolves already got a number 1 pick for Love (two actually). Why would the nba feel compelled to give them another one? Because Minny is such a huge market and big revenue maker for the nba? Right...This makes no sense even from a conspiracy theorist perspective so give it a rest.

koreancabbage
06-04-2015, 11:51 AM
the lottery is audited/watched over by a major accounting firm.

don't know how you would rig the lottery. how would you go about picking specific sets of flying balls to come up with the set that gives a specific team the right to draft someone first overall?

ManRam
06-04-2015, 12:28 PM
:yawn:

xbrackattackx
06-04-2015, 12:37 PM
The thread was a question. How would YOU feel if you found out it was. I'm not saying it is.

Goose17
06-04-2015, 01:05 PM
The thread was a question. How would YOU feel if you found out it was. I'm not saying it is.

I would feel impressed. Due to how complex and strategically sound it would need to be.

I would also be pretty disappointed that all the owners, managers, players etc were in on it and accepted it.

koreancabbage
06-04-2015, 01:19 PM

well my Raptors never got it so of course I would be pissed lol (if it was true)

MonroeFAN
06-04-2015, 01:23 PM
Pretty interesting to think that Cleveland drafted 3 #1 picks in the last 4 years, and now Minnesota has 2 of them and drafted 1st this year.

Vinylman
06-04-2015, 03:20 PM
The point wasn't the Lottery. It was about generating a successful revenue by assigning talent where need be.

The Magic pick was acquired via trade... your premise is absurd and laughable on its face.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Don't they show the video of the ball drawings now after the results are announced?

JNA17
06-04-2015, 03:33 PM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=oRrgvRmKLN8

Dumb thread.

5ass
06-04-2015, 03:36 PM

So how come the magic didn't get the #1 pick when Dwight left? What about the Lakers when Dwight left them?

Ezio
06-04-2015, 06:20 PM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=oRrgvRmKLN8

Dumb thread.

Magnets though

Hawkeye15
06-04-2015, 07:29 PM
as a Wolves fan, I have always thought we were screwed, left and right. The odds of what happened to us, was a bazillion to one. This year doesn't make up for it, but I don't care. The player picked needs to be a beast anyways, that is all I am concerned with.

Chronz
06-05-2015, 01:14 PM
It would be impressive considering how unlikely and risky. it would be for absolutely no guarantee of success

Cal827
06-05-2015, 01:18 PM
well my Raptors never got it so of course I would be pissed lol (if it was true)

What are you talking about, we got giftwrapped Bargnani :laugh2:

Cal827
06-05-2015, 01:18 PM
My theory, is that after Stern kept screwing Minnesota over in the past drafts where they kept falling back, Silver decided to actually reward them :D

kingsdelez24
06-06-2015, 03:42 AM

What are you talking about, we got giftwrapped Bargnani :laugh2:

I remember the Raptors targetting him with the pick their odds had them out to be that year (something between 5-7), and how shocked I was when they chose him at number 1 anyway...

basch152
06-06-2015, 08:51 AM
How many times in the last 5 years did the Cavs get the #1 pick? Including the time when they had a .017% chance of getting it? 3 out of the last 4 years.

I thought it was well known it was rigged.