PDA

View Full Version : Would the 92 Suns or 97 Rocket win it all with Duncan instead of Barkley?

JasonJohnHorn
06-02-2015, 07:11 PM
92 Suns
97 Rockets

Would either of them have won it all if they had Duncan instead of Barkley?

flea
06-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Pre-knee injury/deterioration Duncan? Both unquestionably IMO. MJ's first few title teams weren't overly strong and prime Duncan + shooters of the level of Johnson and Majerle is a terrible matchup for those teams. Prime Hakeem/Duncan is unfair, I doubt they'd lose to any team in NBA history.

Duncan on one knee? Probably just 97 - that would still be a great frontcourt. What MJ's teams always had were annoying bigs to throw at all the elite post players in the league. Without his mobility I don't see Duncan carrying the 92 team - though perhaps he could have with pre-injury KJ.

THE MTL
06-02-2015, 08:46 PM
Pre-knee injury/deterioration Duncan? Both unquestionably IMO. MJ's first few title teams weren't overly strong and prime Duncan + shooters of the level of Johnson and Majerle is a terrible matchup for those teams. Prime Hakeem/Duncan is unfair, I doubt they'd lose to any team in NBA history.

Duncan on one knee? Probably just 97 - that would still be a great frontcourt. What MJ's teams always had were annoying bigs to throw at all the elite post players in the league. Without his mobility I don't see Duncan carrying the 92 team - though perhaps he could have with pre-injury KJ.

Wait I don't even regard Tim Duncans knee injury from 2000? He went on to win two MVP awards afterwards.

To answer the thread, I still don't think Jordan would have lost cause he beat elite PF/C his entire career.

flea
06-02-2015, 11:18 PM
I'm talking about since like 09/10 when he lost weight and started wearing that giant brace. He was a different player when he had his agility. Still one of the best bigs in the game, but younger fans seem to think he's the same as he always was - which is anything but true.

naps
06-03-2015, 04:26 AM
Still don't beat Jordan. Those Bulls teams ran over literally everything.

hidalgo
06-03-2015, 08:32 AM
the Bulls would have still beat them. the 90s Bulls were te best team ever in my opinion