PDA

View Full Version : Riley's at it again! Heat want to clear cap for Kevin Durant in 2016

FriedTofuz
06-01-2015, 10:10 PM
The Miami Heat want the salary flexibility needed to get in a meeting with Kevin Durant when he enters free agency in 2016.

The Heat can have room for Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Goran Dragic, Hassan Whiteside and Durant, but only if Wade opts in for this year and gives them that flexibility by being a free agent in 2016.

Whiteside will also be a free agent in 2016 and will be on a low cap hold.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/dan-le-batard/article22776375.html?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=NBA%20National%20Newsletter&utm_campaign=GMIB%206%2F1%2F2015

Riley's trying to do it again :laugh2:
Washington is a much more attractive destination than Miami at this point.

bleedprple&gold
06-01-2015, 10:15 PM
Ok...and who doesn't want cap space for Durant?

Dade County
06-01-2015, 10:17 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/dan-le-batard/article22776375.html?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=NBA%20National%20Newsletter&utm_campaign=GMIB%206%2F1%2F2015

Naw pimp... Thats fools gold.

When that time comes, Pat will re-shape the HEAT roster and get a super talent to bite. he only cares about the big fish, and he knows how to hook them.

And Whiteside is going to open lots of eyes next season; and having a full year of Wade & the Dragon feeding him, with Bosh spacing the floor. All Miami needs are a couple of shooters and to stay healthy.

Pakman
06-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Lol oh pat. Good luck.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Whiteside and Dragic are most likely going to demand max contracts right off the bat. Wade is wanting somewhere in the range of roughly 23.5 mill if the reports are correct if he opts out this year. Chris Bosh is near the max salary not to mention a few others who are due money in years to come, at least past that free agency period. There would have to be quite a shakeup on the current roster including possibly moving one of the four names mentioned above for this to even be a possibility.

^^ I'm sure Durant would prefer Miami over Washington.

MonroeFAN
06-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Naw pimp... Thats fools gold.

When that time comes, Pat will re-shape the HEAT roster and get a super talent to bite. he only cares about the big fish, and he knows how to hook them.

And Whiteside is going to open lots of eyes next season; and having a full year of Wade & the Dragon feeding him, with Bosh spacing the floor. All Miami needs are a couple of shooters and to stay healthy.

Talk about fools gold. The HEAT blow, Durant isn't going there.

FriedTofuz
06-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Lol at heat fans getting defensive, I knew this was going to happen. Fools gold if you think durant will sign in miami, he'd be better off in OKC with a healthy westbrook.

J_M_B
06-01-2015, 10:48 PM
Lol at heat fans getting defensive, I knew this was going to happen. Fools gold if you think durant will sign in miami, he'd be better off in OKC with a healthy westbrook.

Then why did you make the thread? What team doesn't want Durant? More than half the league is going to have the cap space ..

Stop trolling

Lakers + Giants
06-01-2015, 10:54 PM
I was gonna say inb4dadecounty but damn he's quick.

:worthy:

Dade County
06-01-2015, 11:08 PM

I think he should stay in OKC too. But West might end up like the next Wade (knee), so they better win one fast.

I was gonna say inb4dadecounty but damn he's quick.

:worthy:

:laugh2:

Florida is a shithole I'm surprised people want to go there at all. I get that the weather's nice but outside of that that place offers nothing.

Crazy talk...

To a millionaire a city like Miami is a 2nd heaven.

PraiseJesus
06-01-2015, 11:10 PM
lets see how Durant recovers from this foot injury

Ty22Mitchell
06-01-2015, 11:11 PM

Lmao. Yeah, all three fans that didn't move to Cleveland.

Munkeysuit
06-01-2015, 11:11 PM
This is cool news and all but they are just one of many teams that will be clearing cap space for Durant LOL
Personally I feel Durant shoots for Washington Wizards to team up with Beal & Wall and play for his home crowd.

Ty22Mitchell
06-01-2015, 11:16 PM
I honestly don't think Kevin is going to leave OKC. I know players change their minds, but he has made a few statements that suggest he wants to be in OKC for the duration of his career.

As for Pat (and my boy "Mr. Mitch5Chips"), you'd be a moron not to set yourself up with the cap room to atleast make a pitch for him. You can't win if you don't play.

BKLYNpigeon
06-02-2015, 12:06 AM
Warriors have cap room as well. David Lee has his 15mil contract coming off the books.

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 12:12 AM
Every team is making a play for him. I would not be surprised if Cleveland ditches Love and goes after Durant. GSW can definitely go after him.. which would make that the deadliest three point shooting team in NBA history. Miami has no chance.. why would KD wanna play with Bosh? I feel that if it comes down to it, KD will probably leave. Sucks because that will literally kill our playoff chances for the next few years.

lakerfan85
06-02-2015, 12:18 AM
Every team is making a play for him. I would not be surprised if Cleveland ditches Love and goes after Durant. GSW can definitely go after him.. which would make that the deadliest three point shooting team in NBA history. Miami has no chance.. why would KD wanna play with Bosh? I feel that if it comes down to it, KD will probably leave. Sucks because that will literally kill our playoff chances for the next few years.

I think Durant stays.. I do think Westbrook leaves the following year though..

hotdalton18
06-02-2015, 12:19 AM
The Miami Heat want the salary flexibility needed to get in a meeting with Kevin Durant when he enters free agency in 2016.

The Heat can have room for Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Goran Dragic, Hassan Whiteside and Durant, but only if Wade opts in for this year and gives them that flexibility by being a free agent in 2016.

Whiteside will also be a free agent in 2016 and will be on a low cap hold.

Legit everybody was injured this year for long stretches

Your crazy if you think

Wall
Beal
Durant
Nene
Gortat

Is better then

Dragic
Wade
Durant
Bosh
Whiteside

Plus the 10th pick this year

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 12:26 AM

Your crazy if you think

Wall
Beal
Durant
Nene
Gortat

Is better then

Dragic
Wade
Durant
Bosh
Whiteside

And how does Miami plan on getting all those players with each of them asking for the max? That makes no sense. Wizards have more room to work with. Only Wall/Gortat are under contract that season. They don't need Beal or Nene at all. If I'm KD, I will seriously be looking at the Lakers or the Pelicans.

SportsFanatic10
06-02-2015, 12:30 AM
troll thread... the heat will be looking to resign whiteside and keep their core intact. sure a chance at durant would be great. every team wants him...is that supposed to be a bad thing lol...nice thread though.

More-Than-Most
06-02-2015, 12:38 AM
why would anyone wanna go to a team with wade? He is done.

SportsFanatic10
06-02-2015, 01:11 AM

he's still better than max contract bosh....that says something. bosh would be the reason to stay clear, not wade lol.

WaDe03
06-02-2015, 01:23 AM

22-4-5 yea he's done for sure.

WaDe03
06-02-2015, 01:28 AM
It really is funny going to these threads and seeing people rip Wade and the Heat. The hate is still real and it sounds like a lot of you have a personal grudge against Wade lol.

On topic though this could definitely happen money wise idk why people are suggesting it can't.

Dragic
Wade
Durant
Bosh
Whiteside

That would be the best starting lineup in the league and would definitely be better than Washington if Durant went there. I highly doubt it happens though he probably either stays put and never wins a ring or goes home.

WaDe03
06-02-2015, 01:30 AM

Talk about blowing. Aren't you a Pistons fan?

hotdalton18
06-02-2015, 01:34 AM

Your crazy if you think

Wall
Beal
Durant
Nene
Gortat

Is better then

Dragic
Wade
Durant
Bosh
Whiteside

And how does Miami plan on getting all those players with each of them asking for the max? That makes no sense. Wizards have more room to work with. Only Wall/Gortat are under contract that season. They don't need Beal or Nene at all. If I'm KD, I will seriously be looking at the Lakers or the Pelicans.

Lol don't need beal?

Wash has no chance at Durant without beal

And the caps going up

It can happen money wise

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 01:39 AM
Lol don't need beal?

Wash has no chance at Durant without beal

And the caps going up

It can happen money wise

Just because the cap is going up doesn't mean the cap is being eliminated. Wade wants the max, Dragic can get the max, Whiteside will want the max if he plays well, Bosh already has the max, and there is zero chance KD comes to Miami when he isn't getting the max. And WASH doesn't need Beal... they have the money to get a better player so that's why I said Beal isn't a priority.

TylerSL
06-02-2015, 02:08 AM
This has been what I have been saying for a while now, Miami wants Durant in 2016. If they don't give Wade a huge contract now they will be in a position to do so because the cap is going to explode. I've stated before and I'll state again, I think Dragic will get around 5 years $90 million. Assuming that's the case Miami will have around $50 million in salary committed to the 2016-2017 season, when the cap will be $89.1 million.

Once you add the salary holds to Wade ($16.125 million), Chalmers ($4.3 million), Birdman ($5 million), Haslem ($2.854 million) Zoran Dragic ($1.756 million), Whiteside ($981k), and Ennis (980k) as well as add the min. contract holds for every player under 12 men (1 hold of around $700k) Miami won't have much left over as their cap would be over $81 million. However in Miami's case, it will not be difficult to open space up.

Miami could either trade any or all of McRoberts, Birdman, or Chalmers between now or the deadline next year, or they could just relinquish the bird rights to every one of those players save Wade, Whiteside and Haslem. Birdman will be 36 years old next year he may retire and Chalmers is lucky to still be wearing a Miami Heat uniform considering the last 2 seasons he's put up. Either relinquishing the rights or trading Chalmers, Birdman, and Zoran would save the Heat $9 million in cap holds. We could trade McRoberts for an expiring this summer (or try to package him and the #10 pick to move up a couple spots) and that would save another $5.8 million in salary for 2016.

Those two moves would knock the Heat's 2016 salary (cap holds included) to $66.2 million, giving us around $22.9 million in space, and enough for us to make a pitch for Durant.

So we're clear that would make the player salaries
Bosh-23.7 million
Dragic-16.7 million
Wade (cap hold)-16.125 million
Haslem (cap hold)-2.854 million
Napier-1.350 million
Whiteside (cap hold)-981 thousand
Ennis-980 thousand
cap hold for having less than 12 players x5 (700 thousand/player)-3.5 million
Total-$66.2 million

We would have to sign Durant (or another max level player) before signing Wade or Whiteside to new contracts and would go extremely high into the luxury tax once they are given new contracts but this has always been Miami's goal the moment they started giving everyone 2 year contracts after Lebron left. It was always play as hard as possible in these 2 years and sign a big player in 2016. The Dragic trade hastened our efforts to win as he was acquired with the mindset of competing this year, although it didnt work out. Miami still retained the flexibility to this in 2016.

Although the team would have little to now bench in 2016-2017 (much like the 2010-2011 Heat), a starting line up of Goran Dragic, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Durant, Chris Bosh, and Hassan Whiteside would turn some heads, and that's exactly what we have in mind in 2016.

Chrisclover
06-02-2015, 02:12 AM
Every body wants Durant. Besides, Heat roster needs to be re -shuffled. Bosh is good but not good enough to be a cornerstone. Wade is on his way down.

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 02:20 AM
Every body wants Durant. Besides, Heat roster needs to be re -shuffled. Bosh is good but not good enough to be a cornerstone. Wade is on his way down.

Which is why they should pass on him and tell him to fck off. This loyalty thing is becoming a huge joke. It's almost like your franchise will be shamed if they don't give you the max but at the same time, they'll put themselves in a hole of losing because they gave in to your demands. Wade isn't a max player and should look for a $13 million type contract.. Bosh was a ripoff and he's running to the bank right now. IMO, Heat really screwed themselves over making a pressured move at Bosh. Should have tanked and start off fresh for KD season.

TylerSL
06-02-2015, 02:42 AM
Which is why they should pass on him and tell him to fck off. This loyalty thing is becoming a huge joke. It's almost like your franchise will be shamed if they don't give you the max but at the same time, they'll put themselves in a hole of losing because they gave in to your demands. Wade isn't a max player and should look for a $13 million type contract.. Bosh was a ripoff and he's running to the bank right now. IMO, Heat really screwed themselves over making a pressured move at Bosh. Should have tanked and start off fresh for KD season.

False, had Bosh left in 2014 we would have been forced to go into full rebuild mode and Wade would be suffering through the same thing Kobe is right now. There would be no Dragic, (probably still Whiteside though), and the team would really bring in young players (much like this year with Napier, Ennis, Johnson, Beasley, ect.) to fill the roster. Though often injured, the team with Wade/Bosh went 22-30 before acquiring Dragic so I can only imagine what the 14-15 Heat would have been with just Wade (something like 15-37 at all star break and 24-58 on the season). Based on record that would give us the #5 pick (before going through the lottery) and we would have holes at every position save SG and C (assuming we still got Whiteside). We would also be a 50 loss team in 15-16 and probably a top 10 pick again (making our 2017 first rounder completely unprotected) again taking the best player available.

It's doubtful under those circumstances, Durant or anyone else even contemplates Miami in 2016. Dwyane Wade at 35 years old as the only superstar on the team, Hassan Whiteside, and 2 lottery players would really be the only assets Miami would have. Not impossible, but improbable for Miami to lure stars under those circumstances.

Yes, Chris Bosh is a little overpaid, but with the cap going up it's a bearable contract. But retaining Bosh paved the way for us to acquire Goran Dragic, and Hassan Whiteside was a bit of luck, but adding him into the equation makes the Heat future look good. The combination of Wade/Bosh/Dragic/Whiteside is a lot more appealing than Wade/Whiteside/2 lottery players. Bringing Bosh back was the ONLY way to continue competing after Lebron left. Last year and for the years to come.

More-Than-Most
06-02-2015, 02:51 AM
22-4-5 yea he's done for sure.

you missed the 3 turnovers a game and the fact that he plays 60 games only and 30 minutes a game... He is worth it if he takes a big pay cut but you can get younger guys who can play both sides of the ball for less than what wade is making... He isnt done but in 2016 he will be yet 2 more years older and with his decline/injuries and so on why would a guy like durant want to come to a team like this with so many other teams out there with either much better players or much younger players in a much better position. I dont hate wade nor am I a hater... I have been a wade fan for quite some time but he has been **** in the playoffs lately and I wouldnt want him part of a 3 headed monster if I was durant... Id rather go to a Blake/CP3 combo or Wiggs and whomever they draft this year or the lakers with the big they will add this year plus what they will do 2 years down the line without Kobe... There is a ton of more appealing options... He wont go sorry.

You also have a broken 100 million dollar player on your team... So again why would durant want to come to a team of wade/bosh in 2016.... maybe 2010 wade/bosh but not 2016 sorry.

More-Than-Most
06-02-2015, 02:57 AM
Also there will be teams out there that will throw a ton more money than the heat will or can afford... Imagine Noel/Embid/Durant/Saric/Russel as a core :hope:

More-Than-Most
06-02-2015, 03:00 AM
steve wtf hurry and get rid of that man

IKnowHoops
06-02-2015, 03:54 AM

If Cleveland can parle Love into Durant, put a fork in the league.

IKnowHoops
06-02-2015, 04:03 AM
Also there will be teams out there that will throw a ton more money than the heat will or can afford... Imagine Noel/Embid/Durant/Saric/Russel as a core :hope:

That team would be scary with a good coach.

Sadds The Gr8
06-02-2015, 04:10 AM
no chance this happens. He doesn't want that hate Lebron had.

isn't Saric a 4?

Teufelshunde4
06-02-2015, 04:16 AM
Florida is a shithole I'm surprised people want to go there at all. I get that the weather's nice but outside of that that place offers nothing.

+100. FL is nice to visit not live.

Ty Fast
06-02-2015, 04:45 AM
As much as I would love KD on the Heat I think he will stay in OKC or go to Boston. I think Ainge will trade a bunch of his picks and get a star/superstar player and sign someone.

Ty Fast
06-02-2015, 04:47 AM
+100. FL is nice to visit not live.

Not if your making $50 million/year. You see D-wades crib there. Whhhheeeewwwww!!!

Mave1002
06-02-2015, 06:12 AM
Whiteside and Dragic are most likely going to demand max contracts right off the bat. Wade is wanting somewhere in the range of roughly 23.5 mill if the reports are correct if he opts out this year. Chris Bosh is near the max salary not to mention a few others who are due money in years to come, at least past that free agency period. There would have to be quite a shakeup on the current roster including possibly moving one of the four names mentioned above for this to even be a possibility.

^^ I'm sure Durant would prefer Miami over Washington.

Us being the dark horse. And yep, weve ALREADY cleared the cap by then. Post Kobe era. He would be a nice torch bearer.:cool:

iam brett favre
06-02-2015, 07:46 AM
A GM for an NBA team wants Kevin Durant on their team. Seems thread worthy. In other news, the Jazz would be interested in Stephen Curry if made available via trade.

2-ONE-5
06-02-2015, 08:42 AM
relax he is coming to Philly after we steal Butler this year and Embiid wins ROY

PhillyFaninLA
06-02-2015, 09:45 AM
PG - Russel
SF - Durant
SF - Saric
PF - Noel
C - Embiid

Ok, ok, so I'm dreaming but if Saric is bought out and is the real deal, Noel takes the next step, Embiid proves to be the real deal, we get Russel in the draft and he proves to be real, (plus we have so nice bench pieces already, problem is they where starting), in 2016 a top 3 protected first round pick in next years draft, a top ten protected first round pick, a top 15 protected first round pick, our first round pick which should still be high, plus a ton of cap space.

I know I'm dreaming but with a ton of cap space, a young core, decent bench players, and possibly 4 picks in the top 20 next year why wouldn't we be attractive.

edit: we also have the Magic first round pick in 2017, no protections that I am reading.

PhillyFaninLA
06-02-2015, 09:51 AM
relax he is coming to Philly after we steal Butler this year and Embiid wins ROY

Do you think they would match a max deal for Butler?

2-ONE-5
06-02-2015, 10:03 AM
probably but their owner is cheap. just hoping this Thibs firing and Hoiberg hiring rubbed players the wrong way to where Butler would rather leave so we can S/T. longshot but just wanna see an offer made at least

sep11ie
06-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Too bad it was LeBron that got the butt buddies together and not Pat.

h2r09
06-02-2015, 11:09 AM
lol at the philly fans. 4 unproven guys and durant. what a fantastic team. the reason why tanking is risky is because you aren't going to get a star in his prime to come play with 4 unproven but talented players when he can go to a team that is ready to win.

the sixes will either find a few stars in the draft and be good or be bad for a very long time.

h2r09
06-02-2015, 11:12 AM
and the heat could get durant but they would pay a **** load of luxury tax. If I'm the heat i try to combine Whiteside and the 10th pick for the 1st pick and get towns. No chance at this point that I would feel comfortable giving Whiteside a huge deal. I understand the 2k thing is funny but he is incredibly immature if you just listen to what he says and follow him on instagram and what not. seems more concerned with his stats.

If you get the first pick and take Towns you have 5 million more in salary or so this year, yes, but you also get 3-4 more years of a lot less money than if you pay Whiteside his 900K contract this year and then 15 million for 5 years.

Tony_Starks
06-02-2015, 11:15 AM
Came in looking for Riley Curry.

Disappointed.

2-ONE-5
06-02-2015, 11:54 AM
and the heat could get durant but they would pay a **** load of luxury tax. If I'm the heat i try to combine Whiteside and the 10th pick for the 1st pick and get towns. No chance at this point that I would feel comfortable giving Whiteside a huge deal. I understand the 2k thing is funny but he is incredibly immature if you just listen to what he says and follow him on instagram and what not. seems more concerned with his stats.

If you get the first pick and take Towns you have 5 million more in salary or so this year, yes, but you also get 3-4 more years of a lot less money than if you pay Whiteside his 900K contract this year and then 15 million for 5 years.

lol and why would Minny do this?

h2r09
06-02-2015, 12:12 PM
lol and why would Minny do this?

Im not saying they would but if they would the Heat should look into that. Whiteside is a potential star, I just wouldn't want to pay him yet but the Wolves don't have lots of large salaries right now so maybe they wouldn't mind paying him after next year and also receiving a top 10 pick.

Jarvo
06-02-2015, 12:21 PM

HA! Not a Heat fan but I'm from Miami and Florida is far from that.

Jarvo
06-02-2015, 12:22 PM
If I was Durant I would either stay in OKC or go over to the weak *** Eastern Conference and join The Wizards.

Wall, Beal & Durant = Championship.

BKLYNpigeon
06-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Warriors will have room for a max player when Durant is a Free Agent.

beasted86
06-02-2015, 01:52 PM
If I was Durant I would either stay in OKC or go over to the weak *** Eastern Conference and join The Wizards.

Wall, Beal & Durant = Championship.

That team sounds like crap and would have no chance of beating the Cavs.

Anyway, on topic, I'll post the same thing I did in the team forum:

Just think of it this way, if the cap is projected at $90M... Bosh already is owed $23.75M for 2016/17, and Kevin Durant will almost surely want his max which will be $27M.

So for the HEAT to be able to sign Durant they would need all other players on the roster to combine to make a total of $39M including cap holds.

Does that sound realistic to anyone? It shouldn't.

2-ONE-5
06-02-2015, 01:55 PM
even if Miami had the money there are far more attractive teams/situations in the East compared to Miami for KD to choose from

beasted86
06-02-2015, 01:58 PM

Yeah, sounds butt hurt.

Must have spent big bucks to come to South Beach on Memorial Day weekend expecting to score and got laughed and pointed at by all the girls or something.

Miami (and much of Florida) has tons to offer excluding the job market.

beasted86
06-02-2015, 02:00 PM
even if Miami had the money there are far more attractive teams/situations in the East compared to Miami for KD to choose from

Like the Sixers, seriously dude, seriously?

Crack is a helluva drug.

MonroeFAN
06-02-2015, 02:01 PM

Talk about blowing. Aren't you a Pistons fan?

Haha yeah, the team that basically eliminated you from playoff contention this season.
:cool:

We will be better than you next season.

JustinTime
06-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Not if your making $50 million/year. You see D-wades crib there. Whhhheeeewwwww!!!

I hope he checked for sink holes before he built that.

JustinTime
06-02-2015, 02:08 PM

It's just like that, that place is f**ked. It's all crime/crackheads/sinkholes/homeless people/tourists and old people looking to die. The only reason anyone goes to Florida over LA is because of the taxes, if LA had those Taxes no one would play for the Heat.

Minimal
06-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Not happening, unless Wade is not on a team, which is not happening. I think you forget Wade and Durant have history. Besides Durant has just missed almost full year and his health and abilities are kind of questionable at the moment. Besides, I don't even think Durant would like to play for Miami for a simple fact, they beat him in the finals.

2-ONE-5
06-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Like the Sixers, seriously dude, seriously?

Crack is a helluva drug.

i said multiple but yes the Sixers being ahead of an aging heat team with nothing to offer. Ive said a hundred times he should be going to NO in a heartbeat.

IKnowHoops
06-02-2015, 03:13 PM
PG - Russel
SF - Durant
SF - Saric
PF - Noel
C - Embiid

Ok, ok, so I'm dreaming but if Saric is bought out and is the real deal, Noel takes the next step, Embiid proves to be the real deal, we get Russel in the draft and he proves to be real, (plus we have so nice bench pieces already, problem is they where starting), in 2016 a top 3 protected first round pick in next years draft, a top ten protected first round pick, a top 15 protected first round pick, our first round pick which should still be high, plus a ton of cap space.

I know I'm dreaming but with a ton of cap space, a young core, decent bench players, and possibly 4 picks in the top 20 next year why wouldn't we be attractive.

edit: we also have the Magic first round pick in 2017, no protections that I am reading.

Noel is one of my favorite up and comers. I think he will be GREAT! Athletically he is a carbon copy of Anthony Davis, and it looks like he is filling out in a similar fashion. Don't know if he will have the offensive game to match but he is definitely capable. Happy for you guys, your future is very very bright. That would be awesome if you guys somehow landed KD. I think you guys could win a ring in 2016 depending on how the Cavs look. Regardless I think you could be a top 2 team in the East with the Cavs if you guys landed KD somehow.

JLynn943
06-02-2015, 03:32 PM
I don't think Durant will want to go for a ring where LeBron did it.

5ass
06-02-2015, 03:35 PM
PG - Russel
SF - Durant
SF - Saric
PF - Noel
C - Embiid

I think you're misinformed about the magic pick. Magic still have all their future firsts. Are you thinking about the pick from the Elfrid Payton trade? The magic traded the sixers own 2017 pick back to them. That pick was lottery protected through 2017 and then turns into a 2nd round pick or two.

Alan Shore
06-02-2015, 05:05 PM
I don't think Durant will want to go for a ring where LeBron did it.

This. And I'll be very disappointed if he ends up there because to do wht Lebron did 6 years after him is not impressive at all, plus that Heat team is not a guarantee like Lebron's was, he'd still have a better shot at OKC.

If he wants to leave, Wizards is the place. Hometown, East will make it easier for him to set some all time scoring records, and Beal and Wall are no scrubs either. They'll just need to upgrade defensively from Gortat and Nene.

WaDe03
06-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Haha yeah, the team that basically eliminated you from playoff contention this season.

How's that lol? No you definitely won't be lol were better than yall at literally every positions

Dragic > Jackson
Wade > everyone on your team
Deng > Butler or whoever starts
Bosh > Monroe
Whiteside > Drummond

2-ONE-5
06-02-2015, 06:27 PM
How's that lol? No you definitely won't be lol were better than yall at literally every positions

Dragic > Jackson
Bosh > Monroe
Whiteside > Drummond

lol Dragic is an FA
Wade is old, declining
Deng is injured, declining
Bosh has aids, cant defend
Drummond>Whiteside

WaDe03
06-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Old declining or however you may put it were better at every position.

j-bay
06-02-2015, 07:51 PM
It's going to be OK vs DC. The Lakers need to develop their talent, and you can't trust Wade.

j-bay
06-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Durant will want to go to a place where there is developed YOUNG talent. Not old talent or undeveloped.

wizardsfan3
06-02-2015, 08:33 PM
KD 2 DC...also Nene would be off the books when KD is a free agent :)

jerellh528
06-02-2015, 08:49 PM
Yea right, not after seeing wade's offer at 10 mil per yr. That franchise might be done recruiting superstars for a while if true. He should come to the lakers instead. :p

DillyDill
06-02-2015, 08:53 PM
Everybody just imagine KD on the Warr GODLY!!! I'm thinking greatest offense of alltime :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

MonroeFAN
06-02-2015, 11:29 PM

Dragic > Jackson
Bosh > Monroe
Whiteside > Drummond

How does one even respond to this?

Mave1002
06-03-2015, 06:15 AM
Everybody just imagine KD on the Warr GODLY!!! I'm thinking greatest offense of alltime :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Id love for him to be on my team.. but yeah, that would be outright scary for the opposition. Barring Injuries.

They can have KD as long as the Brow lands in P&G.:D

beasted86
06-03-2015, 08:09 AM
How does one even respond to this?

Other than the Drummond reach, how can you disagree?

Burkey3472
06-03-2015, 08:24 AM
The biggest asset Miami has to over if the fact that they are in Miami and one of the best basketball minds is running the show in Riley. If you are going to try and sell them on their lineup, you are most likely going to lose. Wade is still a good player but he will miss 20+ games and he's going to be 34 when Durant hits free agency. Bosh is going to be 32 once Durant hits free agency, so that's not a great selling point either. I think he ends up in Washington or stays in OKC when all is said and done.

D-Leethal
06-03-2015, 08:40 AM

2013 Lakers would have been one of the GOAT teams if player X > player Y starting lineup analysis meant a god damn thing.

D-Leethal
06-03-2015, 08:41 AM
I think Riley is shooting himself in the foot over and over since LeBron left. Throwing that much cash at a past him prime Bosh. Trading all those picks just so you can max out Dragic. That left him with no other choice but to shortball the biggest legend in franchise history - how is his treatment of Wade gonna look for KD?

2-ONE-5
06-03-2015, 08:46 AM

easily since both teams stunk. You do realize that Wade only played 62 games, Bosh 44, and Whiteside 48 asnd Dragic is going to walk, well run far away from that team.

cvvh
06-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Ok...and who doesn't want cap space for Durant?http://loanwebfast.com/green/images/62.gifhttp://insuranceautocars.com/insurance/images/37.gif

Tumstock
06-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Why would Durant want LeBrons sloppy seconds?

NYKnickFanatic
06-03-2015, 03:20 PM
easily since both teams stunk. You do realize that Wade only played 62 games, Bosh 44, and Whiteside 48 asnd Dragic is going to walk, well run far away from that team.

And go where? Before getting traded, he said the Heat are a team he would want to play for, so why would he run far away from them when he wants to play there and is going to get paid to do so?

2-ONE-5
06-03-2015, 03:49 PM
i dont know where he would go but he will have options. Why stay on an aging team whose about to be cap strapped who cant contend?

Sadds The Gr8
06-03-2015, 03:55 PM
2013 Lakers would have been one of the GOAT teams if player X > player Y starting lineup analysis meant a god damn thing.
To be fair that team was killed by injuries but regardless, I agree that > debates are the ****ing dumbest basketball argument next to ringzzzzzzz

Sadds The Gr8
06-03-2015, 03:55 PM
To be fair that team was killed by injuries but regardless, I agree that > debates are the ****ing dumbest basketball argument next to ringzzzzzzz

DillyDill
06-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Yv
Id love for him to be on my team.. but yeah, that would be outright scary for the opposition. Barring Injuries.

They can have KD as long as the Brow lands in P&G.:D
Lol I would absolutely love that 2 but gotta remember he's gonna be restricted so we have 2 wait a loooooonnnnngggg time after that contract up

Vinylman
06-03-2015, 04:32 PM
And go where? Before getting traded, he said the Heat are a team he would want to play for, so why would he run far away from them when he wants to play there and is going to get paid to do so?

He said all that before bosh's medical condition...

Dragic is very unpredictable and has always had a chip on his shoulder... anyone thinking he is a lock to return to Miami is kidding themselves...

He will go to the highest bidder because he is the kind of guy that needs that kind of validation

KnicksorBust
06-03-2015, 04:34 PM
Does anyone actually believe they have a shot at Durant?

Vinylman
06-03-2015, 04:37 PM

delusional Laker fans think they can get him...

I doubt he goes to Miami either

SportsFanatic10
06-03-2015, 04:45 PM
He said all that before bosh's medical condition...

Dragic is very unpredictable and has always had a chip on his shoulder... anyone thinking he is a lock to return to Miami is kidding themselves...

He will go to the highest bidder because he is the kind of guy that needs that kind of validation

Actually I can find plenty of quotes after Bosh's condition where Dragic says he hopes to be in Miami and loves it there. And if Miami wants to be the highest bidder they will be since they have his bird rights.

KnicksorBust
06-03-2015, 04:47 PM

delusional Laker fans think they can get him...

I doubt he goes to Miami either

Where is he going vinlyman?

SportsFanatic10
06-03-2015, 04:48 PM
I really can only see Durant staying in OKC or going to the Wizards...

SportsFanatic10
06-03-2015, 05:16 PM

Not sure what this post is supposed to prove. How does a freak blood clot all of a sudden erase Bosh's history of normally not missing many games? And Whiteside only broke out in January and also had a freak injury by cutting his hand on the rim that cost him some time late in the year. If anything an expected full season with Whiteside is a big plus moving forward considering what he did while coming out of nowhere.

It was the kind of season where some unusual events happened to the Heat, but it doesn't mean that will become the new norm lol. And as for Dragic, he's far more likely to stay then leave. And if he stays, this time he'll have a training camp to get properly acclimated and be there for the full season instead of just from the trade deadline. And him and Bosh will actually be on the court at the same time. Some people are reading too much into last season when there were many factors that are likely to improve going into the next one. So maybe you should stop taking shots at the Heat in the two Heat threads and instead direct your criticism toward your own team since they actually have far more issues to point out. Some of you Philly fans must just be mad that we kept that number 10 pick or something.

D-Leethal
06-03-2015, 05:25 PM

Durant is not going to play in Wade & LeBron's shadow.

KnicksorBust
06-03-2015, 06:11 PM

Durant is not going to play in Wade & LeBron's shadow.

Where then?

D-Leethal
06-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Where then?

Somewhere he can make his own mark - Washington sounds about right.

lol, please
06-03-2015, 06:48 PM
He will be a Warrior. Take it to the bank.

5ass
06-03-2015, 06:55 PM
Somewhere he can make his own mark - Washington sounds about right.

Orlando sounds better.

Vinylman
06-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Where is he going vinlyman?

nowhere unless he thinks westie is leaving

Vinylman
06-03-2015, 07:12 PM
Actually I can find plenty of quotes after Bosh's condition where Dragic says he hopes to be in Miami and loves it there. And if Miami wants to be the highest bidder they will be since they have his bird rights.

why don't you show us some quotes if there are so many...

and if miami max's him (ie 5 years with 7% increases) he will stay... but they would be stupid to do that ... he isn't worth it

KingPosey
06-03-2015, 07:22 PM
There is absolutely zero chance this happens.

SportsFanatic10
06-03-2015, 07:32 PM
why don't you show us some quotes if there are so many...

and if miami max's him (ie 5 years with 7% increases) he will stay... but they would be stupid to do that ... he isn't worth it

Here's a few quotes I found quick from Dragic at the end of the season (so after Bosh's illness obviously)...

"I like this organization, this basketball style."

"Next year we've got to be a better team, we've got to be better."

"The last two months, one month and a half, that I was here was beautiful for me. And I know we didn't make the playoffs, but that doesn't affect my decision. The teammates, they were great. I still think that the team has a bright future, the coaching staff, the organization."

"The team needs to build a great chemistry. And it needs to be healthy," he said. "But I think with our personnel, the players, they know how to play, and I think that team has great future."

He also said he'd have no issue with minutes at shooting guard going forward. Something he didn't want to do with the Suns, so that's another good sign.

You're right about him not being worth the max. But many players will be getting overpaid with this cap boost, people have to start realizing that. Miami gave up two 1st rounders for him, they'll pay what they have to in order to keep him, and he sounds pretty willing to stay. So for the people thinking he's leaving, well I don't see why they seem so sure about that.

Now if Wade does leave which I still highly doubt, then all bets are off the table and it could be chaos.

Vinylman
06-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Here's a few quotes I found quick from Dragic at the end of the season (so after Bosh's illness obviously)...

"I like this organization, this basketball style."

"Next year we've got to be a better team, we've got to be better."

"The last two months, one month and a half, that I was here was beautiful for me. And I know we didn't make the playoffs, but that doesn't affect my decision. The teammates, they were great. I still think that the team has a bright future, the coaching staff, the organization."

"The team needs to build a great chemistry. And it needs to be healthy," he said. "But I think with our personnel, the players, they know how to play, and I think that team has great future."

He also said he'd have no issue with minutes at shooting guard going forward. Something he didn't want to do with the Suns, so that's another good sign.

You're right about him not being worth the max. But many players will be getting overpaid with this cap boost, people have to start realizing that. Miami gave up two 1st rounders for him, they'll pay what they have to in order to keep him, and he sounds pretty willing to stay. So for the people thinking he's leaving, well I don't see why they seem so sure about that.

Now if Wade does leave which I still highly doubt, then all bets are off the table and it could be chaos.

oh, i agree that you guys will probably retain him but there is no way that contract will be any good in 3 years...

people are forgetting that the CBA is going to be junked after 2 more seasons and the NEW MAX contracts are going to be obscene... the elite guys will be making $35-40 million per year at a minimum... if you have Dragic on the books in year 3 for $25 million along with bosh at around $27 that is highly problematic

SportsFanatic10
06-04-2015, 12:08 AM
oh, i agree that you guys will probably retain him but there is no way that contract will be any good in 3 years...

people are forgetting that the CBA is going to be junked after 2 more seasons and the NEW MAX contracts are going to be obscene... the elite guys will be making $35-40 million per year at a minimum... if you have Dragic on the books in year 3 for $25 million along with bosh at around $27 that is highly problematic

Yes it'll be bad down the line just like Bosh's. But I think Riley already made up his mind that he'd be willing to pay the price when he decided to trade the two 1st rounders for him. I'm sure his agent told him what Dragic would be looking for as an upcoming free agent. And I'm ok with it because I want to see the Heat remain as competitive as possible for Wade's last years, I really do think this contract stuff between him and the Heat will get worked out. And it's been forever since Miami's had a decent point guard. Dragic should be better next season with a training camp around the team and Bosh back on the floor to run pick and rolls/pops with. Also the Heat will be looking to push the pace and maybe get a few players better suited for a more uptempo game to fit his playstyle. The bottom line is there will likely be plenty of bad contracts out there in a few years to go around.

j-bay
06-04-2015, 02:45 AM
Yeah I get it every team will have cap space. But KD is going to be looking for other things as well.
1.You got to have DEVELOPED talent. KD isn't leaving OKC to take a year off to take a chance on your "talent" to maybe develope. Bye Bye to teams like the Lakers, 76ers, Magic, etc.
2. Your stars have to be young. I'm looking at you Miami. KD isn't going to a place where the stars start breaking down in 2 years. He would want a young core, or at least close to what he has in OKC.
Washington and OKC are the favorites.

2-ONE-5
06-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Not sure what this post is supposed to prove. How does a freak blood clot all of a sudden erase Bosh's history of normally not missing many games? And Whiteside only broke out in January and also had a freak injury by cutting his hand on the rim that cost him some time late in the year. If anything an expected full season with Whiteside is a big plus moving forward considering what he did while coming out of nowhere.

It was the kind of season where some unusual events happened to the Heat, but it doesn't mean that will become the new norm lol. And as for Dragic, he's far more likely to stay then leave. And if he stays, this time he'll have a training camp to get properly acclimated and be there for the full season instead of just from the trade deadline. And him and Bosh will actually be on the court at the same time. Some people are reading too much into last season when there were many factors that are likely to improve going into the next one. So maybe you should stop taking shots at the Heat in the two Heat threads and instead direct your criticism toward your own team since they actually have far more issues to point out. Some of you Philly fans must just be mad that we kept that number 10 pick or something.

lol why would we bad you kept? that pick? it hold more value over the next 2 years as it loses protections. Its going to a great trade chip too. I dont think KD would come to Philly jsut yet but no team can offer a better package of picks and young taltent to OKC

FriedTofuz
06-04-2015, 04:37 PM
the arent getting durant. riley is delusional like some of these trade proposals

FriedTofuz
06-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Yeah I get it every team will have cap space. But KD is going to be looking for other things as well.
1.You got to have DEVELOPED talent. KD isn't leaving OKC to take a year off to take a chance on your "talent" to maybe develope. Bye Bye to teams like the Lakers, 76ers, Magic, etc.
2. Your stars have to be young. I'm looking at you Miami. KD isn't going to a place where the stars start breaking down in 2 years. He would want a young core, or at least close to what he has in OKC.
Washington and OKC are the favorites.

Man I know you're a washington homer but dude, every time you post, it's always about washington, talk about being a homer, jeez.

Vee-Rex
06-04-2015, 04:58 PM
No way Durant is playing with Bosh. He can't stand that guy.