PDA

View Full Version : Rockets - What offseason moves do they need to make to get over the hump?

lol, please
06-01-2015, 03:44 PM
Personally I thought letting a star in Parsons walk was a mistake. I think the easy answers are keep Harden, Howard, Terry, McHale and that young kid who looks like a future star, Capela around.

Despite Harden having a historic year and posting (iirc) the highest WS/48 in the league, the Rockets fell short of the ultimate goal, despite exceeding expectations, even though they were the 2 seed.

What do the Rockets need to do in order to plow through the vaunted west and make the finals?

goingfor28
06-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Nice troll attempt.

Goose17
06-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Ariza > Parsons.

They need go strengthen their bench. And I never thought I would say this but they really need to consider keeping J Smoove. That guy has transformed himself from overpaid garbage into a very solid role player.

I feel like they need another point guard. I really like Beverleys game but they need someone who can score (particularly off the ball when they need him to).

I don't really know off the top of my head who is an unrestricted free agent and more importantly who they could afford. Mo Williams? Stuckey? Reggie Jackson?

I'm not sure really. But I feel like they're just one point guard and a couple bench players away from a finals appearance.

2-ONE-5
06-01-2015, 03:54 PM
lol it looked legit til Parsons is called a star and Capela a future star. nice try though. A for effort

lol, please
06-01-2015, 04:03 PM
lol it looked legit til Parsons is called a star and Capela a future star. nice try though. A for effort

Maybe Parsons isn't a star, his is fringe star at least, when healthy, without checking the metrics, he is a scoring threat. Capela I think has a good future, not sure why you find that comment so outlandish, I liked what I saw from him in the playoffs and considering he is so young and inexperienced I think he has major potential.

2-ONE-5
06-01-2015, 04:53 PM
no Parsons still isnt a fringe star, he was just replaced by a player for half his cost and was outperformed. The Capela comment was just laughable.

lol, please
06-01-2015, 05:00 PM
no Parsons still isnt a fringe star, he was just replaced by a player for half his cost and was outperformed. The Capela comment was just laughable.

Sorry, maybe the Capela statement is ridiculous, in my defense I have only seen him in these playoffs and he impressed me.

PhillyFaninLA
06-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Thibs...they need Thibs

KG2TB
06-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Trade howard and strengthen the bench. Find another pg to compliment Beverley

More-Than-Most
06-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Figure out a way to make harden learn/play defense and they will be a championship contender... Until then they have no shot.

HandsOnTheWheel
06-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Nice troll attempt.

This.

D-Leethal
06-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Some more vets and an upgrade at PG. Someone like Dragic would be a perfect fit.

lol, please
06-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Some more vets and an upgrade at PG. Someone like Dragic would be a perfect fit.

Ugh, I want Dragic on the Warriors :D

Hawkeye15
06-01-2015, 05:45 PM

zing!

But yes, they need anything outside Harden that can control the ball and an offense. They also need better bench play up front. I don't buy for a minute Smith will stay on the positive side.

slaker619
06-01-2015, 06:09 PM
They Need either Lawson or Conley

CluTcH_c1tY
06-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Ariza > Parsons.

They need go strengthen their bench. And I never thought I would say this but they really need to consider keeping J Smoove. That guy has transformed himself from overpaid garbage into a very solid role player.

I feel like they need another point guard. I really like Beverleys game but they need someone who can score (particularly off the ball when they need him to).

I don't really know off the top of my head who is an unrestricted free agent and more importantly who they could afford. Mo Williams? Stuckey? Reggie Jackson?

I'm not sure really. But I feel like they're just one point guard and a couple bench players away from a finals appearance.
X2 pretty much hit the head on the nail.

CluTcH_c1tY
06-01-2015, 06:24 PM
My ideal off season would be to resign Brewer, trade TJones for a pg and make Montiejunas the starter next season. The ideal pg would be Lawson. Hopefully Jones and the 18th pick would be enough to entice the nuggs. I would let smoove go. Yes he performed admirably in the playoffs but with him it's either feast or famine. Also some of the times his defensive rotations were horrific.

Vee-Rex
06-01-2015, 06:50 PM
I like Lawson but man, that backcourt would be horrible defensively. They could really use a Mike Conley-type point guard but he won't be a free agent 'til 2016.

Munkeysuit
06-01-2015, 07:04 PM
They need a PG badly! Harden doing most of the ball handling is just excruciating to watch, I mean he's one of the best ball handlers in the NBA, but dam that dude just wants every play to end in his chef dance lol. I honestly think they are fine, they will come back with Beverly and Motiejunas and be way better! but still they really do need to pick up a full time PG and have Harden just play the 2 full time.

bleedprple&gold
06-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Rondo will solve all of their....oh wait never mind...

c.c.
06-01-2015, 08:17 PM
Thibs...they need Thibs

We do but Mchale just got an extension

Ty Fast
06-01-2015, 08:22 PM
Maybe they could get Lowery from TO.

blahblahyoutoo
06-01-2015, 08:37 PM
shave the beard.

kobe4thewinbang
06-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Terry is crap. I thought he'd turn it around post-Mavericks, but has disappointed everywhere else since then.

They need a reliable third option and a damn point guard.

bleedprple&gold
06-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Terry is crap. I thought he'd turn it around post-Mavericks, but has disappointed everywhere else since then.

They need a reliable third option and a damn point guard.

He's old as ****. How high can your expectations be for him at this point in his career?

MonroeFAN
06-01-2015, 10:19 PM
Letting Parsons go was the right move. I think another year of jelling together and adding some defensive role players will pay dividends for them.

Bostonjorge
06-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Sign millsap.

Denverbronco007
06-01-2015, 10:48 PM
Montiejunas was out as was Beverly.... To be honest that might have put the Rockets in the finals... If the Rockets get an upgrade at point they will be serious contenders next year

nastynice
06-01-2015, 10:50 PM
Ariza > Parsons.

agree and agree

nastynice
06-01-2015, 10:53 PM
honestly, no troll, I think Harden needs to stop going for flops and start going for buckets. The guy is flat out nasty scorer, go score the damn ball and let the refs do their job. He had flashes of going into that mentality, and he was borderline unstoppable when he would

Tony_Starks
06-01-2015, 11:05 PM
Might be the time to cut bait with Dwight while he still has good value. The knees aren't getting any better and Harden has proven he can be the focal point with good pieces.

Could get back a nice package....

nastynice
06-01-2015, 11:12 PM
Might be the time to cut bait with Dwight while he still has good value. The knees aren't getting any better and Harden has proven he can be the focal point with good pieces.

Could get back a nice package....

I disagree. Dwight had some flat out amazing stretches during the playoffs. What they need to do is get better ball movement in general. With Harden and Dwight, its like either they just sit there with the ball and want to score, or harden's drive and dish, without those guys the ball movement was beautiful. What they need is that ball movement THROUGH harden and dwight. That could seriously lead to some scary results.

Watching us go from Jackson to Kerr, I think coaching and philosophy is seriously underrated in the nba.

LakersEaglesLA
06-02-2015, 12:05 AM
I think a wing scorer is their biggest weakness, the backcourt is fine when healthy

MTar786
06-02-2015, 12:16 AM
welcome beverly back, and then trade dwight and a pick for deandre jordan and jamaal crawford

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 12:18 AM
Remember when Dwight used to be a beast? Man, this guy had so much potential. His arms were scary as hell and he was more athletic than any other center. Now, he's just a shell of himself. His defense isn't even worth mentioning these days in comparison to his ORL time. Wow, dude had potential to be a legend and now we'll remember him as the guy who has relationships with under 18 girls.

lol, please
06-02-2015, 12:57 AM
Remember when Dwight used to be a beast? Man, this guy had so much potential. His arms were scary as hell and he was more athletic than any other center. Now, he's just a shell of himself. His defense isn't even worth mentioning these days in comparison to his ORL time. Wow, dude had potential to be a legend and now we'll remember him as the guy who has relationships with under 18 girls.
The sad part is he's not even old, it's all mental with him. In the 80s and 90s he gets bullied by elite centers.

kobe4thewinbang
06-02-2015, 01:19 AM
He's old as ****. How high can your expectations be for him at this point in his career?He could at least hit a 3.

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 01:21 AM
The sad part is he's not even old, it's all mental with him. In the 80s and 90s he gets bullied by elite centers.

I hate this argument simply because you can't blame him. If he was born during that era, he would dominate as well because the mentality that those guys had were forced upon them. Those guys grew up in tough neighborhoods and had to be tough to survive. Kids these days are much more friendly tbh. The bigger issue is how he still can't hit a FT, still can't post up, still can't change his attitude, and still thinks he's a champion.

MTar786
06-02-2015, 01:23 AM

i dont remember those days? when was he a beast? I always thought he was over rated. he was always judged on potential. his ENTIRE career

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 01:27 AM
i dont remember those days? when was he a beast? I always thought he was over rated. he was always judged on potential. his ENTIRE career

DPOY three times in a row, rebounding machine, legit MVP candidate and probably got robbed in 2010. Yeah, I'd say he used to be a beast.

MTar786
06-02-2015, 01:39 AM
DPOY three times in a row, rebounding machine, legit MVP candidate and probably got robbed in 2010. Yeah, I'd say he used to be a beast.

*like dpoy has even had a great rep
*he was a great rebounder at one point , besides that i dont know what made him so great. not to mention kevin love rebounded way more with another team too.
*I guess im spoiled by centers that were actually really good, because i can tell you that at no point in his entire career was he hall of fame worthy. dwight wouldnt even be all third team in the nba back in the 90's so like i said, maybe im just a little spoiled

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 01:44 AM
*like dpoy has even had a great rep
*he was a great rebounder at one point , besides that i dont know what made him so great.
*I guess im spoiled by centers that were actually really good, because i can tell you that at no point in his entire career was he hall of fame worthy.

You're crazy. This guy has achieved more than Alonzo and he's not HOF worthy? He was great because he could rebound, block shots, and is one of the most athletic centers the sport has seen. Even with no post moves, he still managed to dominate other centers. Imagine if he had two or three extra moves. He's definitely HOF worthy but HOF means jack these days. He was legitimately in contention to be an all time great center during his ORL days. Maybe you just began watching basketball but that isn't up for debate. And for all these other centers you're talking about, the game has changed so much for centers that it is practically impossible to measure how good one would be in a different era. Do you honestly think the centers of the past would be used as much under today's rules? Let's be honest here; centers today are relied on to basically defend and rebound. Scoring is left for those shooters.

MTar786
06-02-2015, 01:50 AM
You're crazy. This guy has achieved more than Alonzo and he's not HOF worthy? He was great because he could rebound, block shots, and is one of the most athletic centers the sport has seen. Even with no post moves, he still managed to dominate other centers. Imagine if he had two or three extra moves. He's definitely HOF worthy but HOF means jack these days. He was legitimately in contention to be an all time great center during his ORL days. Maybe you just began watching basketball but that isn't up for debate. And for all these other centers you're talking about, the game has changed so much for centers that it is practically impossible to measure how good one would be in a different era. Do you honestly think the centers of the past would be used as much under today's rules? Let's be honest here; centers today are relied on to basically defend and rebound. Scoring is left for those shooters.

lol dude, ur posts arent worth replying to. ur comapring dwight to a player who didnt even have a full career. plus zo was better than him too. also, u seem to have trouble reading. I just said i watched 90's centers, so maybe im a little spoiled. Trust me, ask anyone here. please everyone, reply to this. where would dwight be ranked as a center in the 90's? would he be all NBA 3rd team even?? would he even get a defensive player of the year award? sorry man, but ur love for dwight is blinding you here.

MTar786
06-02-2015, 01:58 AM

ofcourse they would. dude seriously you gotta watch the nonesense you are saying.
Centers that can score is the most efficient way to score. thats why centers are always picked first in the draft. If a team that played like phoenix in the mid 2000's got the first pick and the guy was like shaq.. they would change their whole offense to cater to their new shaq like prospect. The only reason you dont see this is because the quality of centers these days are horrid

you think if hakeem from 1994 got drafted to a team today they wouldnt use him the way they did in 1994? if anything he would have probably been used even more than he used to because he would destroy all centers gaurding him, especially now days.

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 02:02 AM
lol dude, ur posts arent worth replying to. ur comapring dwight to a player who didnt even have a full career. plus zo was better than him too. also, u seem to have trouble reading. I just said i watched 90's centers, so maybe im a little spoiled. Trust me, ask anyone here. please everyone, reply to this. where would dwight be ranked as a center in the 90's? would he be all NBA 3rd team even?? would he even get a defensive player of the year award? sorry man, but ur love for dwight is blinding you here.

My love for Dwight? Lol, I trash on him any and every chance I get. You're misinformed and clearly, delusional here.

1) Who cares if Zo didn't have a full career? He's still a HOF and your initial argument was that Howard wasn't HOF worthy. Pointless retort from you.

2) Zo was better than him? Lmao, at what specifically? Blocking shots, yeah. What else?

3) How do I have trouble reading when I said that centers are just a more different position to play than as before? Centers aren't relied on to score the way they used to. Fans are bored of this posting up in the paint for ten seconds to get into position all so they can dunk the ball.

4) When did I say Dwight was better than Hakeem, Robinson, Shaq, and those other cats? I never did. He was definitely capable of being a top center in NBA history during his ORL days but it seems that ship has sailed now because he's declined so dramatically.

Anyone claiming Dwight wouldn't succeed in the 90's is just basing it off zero factors. The game is completely different. Some teams today are taking 4x as many three pointers as teams back then. More shooting = less FGA for your centers. Also, the toughness thing has more to do with being born in a certain era. You can't blame Dwight for not being as tough as the 90's when he grew up in a more different environment.

Zo better than Dwight.. Lol. The only thing that guy has on Dwight is his ability to block shots and his ring (in which he was a role player). That guy didn't win jack like Dwight. Also, love how you bring up Hakeem out of all people. No jack, dude. There's a reason why Hakeem was so great and why no other center can touch him in terms of versatility. Dude can pass, rebound, block shots, and score. Why not mention Shaq -- who would clearly have a more difficult time in today's game than back then? Or how Zo's BPG would decrease because he wouldn't have much to defend in the paint due to so many shooters.

A position doesn't turn horrid just like that. It just so happens that the center position became more irrelevant as rules changed and more teams starting opting for shooters. How does a position turn to horrid. Please explain to me how that works. How come the PG position went booming? How come centers today are more versatile than ever in which you have Noah, Gasol, Gasol, and many more becoming great passers? It's all about the environment, man. If the game changes dramatically, one position will always suffer. It just so happens that the center position became that position.

MTar786
06-02-2015, 02:04 AM
My love for Dwight? Lol, I trash on him any and every chance I get. You're misinformed and clearly, delusional here.

1) Who cares if Zo didn't have a full career? He's still a HOF and your initial argument was that Howard wasn't HOF worthy. Pointless retort from you.

2) Zo was better than him? Lmao, at what specifically? Blocking shots, yeah. What else?

3) How do I have trouble reading when I said that centers are just a more different position to play than as before? Centers aren't relied on to score the way they used to. Fans are bored of this posting up in the paint for ten seconds to get into position all so they can dunk the ball.

4) When did I say Dwight was better than Hakeem, Robinson, Shaq, and those other cats? I never did. He was definitely capable of being a top center in NBA history during his ORL days but it seems that ship has sailed now because he's declined so dramatically.

Anyone claiming Dwight wouldn't succeed in the 90's is just basing it off zero factors. The game is completely different. Some teams today are taking 4x as many three pointers as teams back then. More shooting = less FGA for your centers. Also, the toughness thing has more to do with being born in a certain era. You can't blame Dwight for not being as tough as the 90's when he grew up in a more different environment.

Zo better than Dwight.. Lol. The only thing that guy has on Dwight is his ability to block shots and his ring (in which he was a role player). That guy didn't win jack like Dwight.

this is not an attack but honestly, when did u start watching the nba?
you do know that zo was a comeback player right? zo was already leading a HOF career before he got injured. Dwight was not. Anyway im not trying to turn this in zo vs dwight because that wasnt the point. the point was that dwight isnt HOF worthy and never was, and that maybe im spoiled for seeing centers that were actaully great, unlike dwight howard. sorry to hurt your feelings bud but thats the truth

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 02:15 AM
this is not an attack but honestly, when did u start watching the nba?
you do know that zo was a comeback player right? zo was already leading a HOF career before he got injured. Dwight was not. Anyway im not trying to turn this in zo vs dwight because that wasnt the point. the point was that dwight isnt HOF worthy and never was, and that maybe im spoiled for seeing centers that were actaully great, unlike dwight howard. sorry to hurt your feelings bud but thats the truth

Lmfao, you're truly delusional if you think Zo's career is better than Dwight's. I have nothing else to say about that anymore. You're probably the only guy who thinks that (besides LAL fans who will shame Dwight for every and anything). Also, find it funny you think the BBHOF is prestigious. That thing is a joke. Anyone who is half decent will make it in. Sorry to hurt your feeling because apparently, you think I like Dwight or something. I never liked this guy but he's definitely a HOF and better than Zo (LOL). And you're spoiled for seeing all the centers? GOOD FOR YOU. But that was never the criteria for making it into the HOF so stop with the bs tactic argument of yours and stick to how Zo is better than Dwight... please, tell me how Zo is better.

MTar786
06-02-2015, 02:22 AM
Lmfao, you're truly delusional if you think Zo's career is better than Dwight's. I have nothing else to say about that anymore. You're probably the only guy who thinks that (besides LAL fans who will shame Dwight for every and anything). Also, find it funny you think the BBHOF is prestigious. That thing is a joke. Anyone who is half decent will make it in. Sorry to hurt your feeling because apparently, you think I like Dwight or something. I never liked this guy but he's definitely a HOF and better than Zo (LOL). And you're spoiled for seeing all the centers? GOOD FOR YOU. But that was never the criteria for making it into the HOF so stop with the bs tactic argument of yours and stick to how Zo is better than Dwight... please, tell me how Zo is better.

dude i didnt say zo had a better career, ur trying to put words in my mouth cuz u look a fool. I told u his career got cut short and that he was a comeback player. And yes, im pretty sure most agree zo was a better player pre surgery. Now please stop trying to change this to dwight vs zo, u know u got caught out and ur trying to change the subject. Go go look at my posts from before we got dwight. I wanted to keeo bynum and even said if we trade bynum for dwight it wont make us any better. and infact it made us worse lol. people can read our last few comments and judge for themselves. im done replying to you. you really dont know much about great NBA centers. Im not even trying to pick on your bball knowledge. Im just hoping u started watching bball post shaq era. because atleast this way, i can understand why you happen to be clueless.

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 02:25 AM
dude i didnt say zo had a better career, ur trying to put words in my mouth cuz u look a fool. I told u his career got cut short and that he was a comeback player. And yes, im pretty sure most agree zo was a better player pre surgery. Now please stop trying to change this to dwight vs zo, u know ur got caught out and ur trying to change the subject. Laos, go look at my posts from before we got dwight. I wanted to keeo bynum and even said if we trade bynum for dwight it wont make us any better. and infact it made us worse lol.

You need to learn to read. I swear to God it really isn't that difficult. You said that Dwight isn't a HOF player. Great, but then I said well, Alonzo is a HOF player so how isn't Dwight a HOF player. You said because Alonzo is BETTER than Dwight. Now, in order to be in the HOF, your career must be finished. That means, you think Alonzo has had a better career than Dwight (because you said Dwight isn't a HOF'er). IDC if his career got short or his kidney malfunctioning or blah blah blah. That has nothing to do with you still thinking Alonzo had a better career. So now you're telling me that Alonzo didn't have the better career? Well, how come he's a HOF'er and Dwight isn't? Care to explain your logic? Better yet, can you tell me what made Alonzo a better player than Dwight? I bet you can't.. but I'll wait. And you yourself SAID that this was whether or not Dwight is a HOF player. I'm using the benchmark of Alonzo vs Dwight because if Alonzo is a HOF'er, why isn't Dwight a HOF'er? That's why I'm using this Zo vs Dwight comparison. If you can't comprehend that, then that is why you have difficulty understanding the arguments I am making.

Ariza's Better
06-02-2015, 02:25 AM
Upgrade PG and back up PG, resign Smith and add a 3 point specialist or two to come off the bench.

MTar786
06-02-2015, 02:28 AM
You need to learn to read. I swear to God it really isn't that difficult. You said that Dwight isn't a HOF player. Great, but then I said well, Alonzo is a HOF player so how isn't Dwight a HOF player. You said because Alonzo is BETTER than Dwight. Now, in order to be in the HOF, your career must be finished. That means, you think Alonzo has had a better career than Dwight (because you said Dwight isn't a HOF'er). IDC if his career got short or his kidney malfunctioning or blah blah blah. That has nothing to do with you still thinking Alonzo had a better career. So now you're telling me that Alonzo didn't have the better career? Well, how come he's a HOF'er and Dwight isn't? Care to explain your logic? Better yet, can you tell me what made Alonzo a better player than Dwight? I bet you can't.. but I'll wait. And you yourself SAID that this was whether or not Dwight is a HOF player. I'm using the benchmark of Alonzo vs Dwight because if Alonzo is a HOF'er, why isn't Dwight a HOF'er? That's why I'm using this Zo vs Dwight comparison. If you can't comprehend that, then that is why you have difficulty understanding the arguments I am making.

go get kidney surgery and come back to the nba and then win a ring after having previously had an incredible career prior to that.. im pretty sure you will go to the hall of fame too. I cant believe i even replied to you. seriously im done with you. people can read the posts for themselves. i feel like im arguing with a 7 year old

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 02:30 AM
dude i didnt say zo had a better career, ur trying to put words in my mouth cuz u look a fool. I told u his career got cut short and that he was a comeback player. And yes, im pretty sure most agree zo was a better player pre surgery. Now please stop trying to change this to dwight vs zo, u know u got caught out and ur trying to change the subject. Go go look at my posts from before we got dwight. I wanted to keeo bynum and even said if we trade bynum for dwight it wont make us any better. and infact it made us worse lol. people can read our last few comments and judge for themselves. im done replying to you. you really dont know much about great NBA centers. Im not even trying to pick on your bball knowledge. Im just hoping u started watching bball post shaq era. because atleast this way, i can understand why you happen to be clueless.

Please do excuse yourself from this. I already sense that you're running away because you're slowly but surely, putting your back against the wall. And if you really think Alonzo is an NBA All-Time great center, that's even more laughable. BTW, how many NBA centers have three DPOY? How many NBA centers won that award 3x in a row? But you're telling me he's not HOF worthy? Despite posting 18/13 for the reg season and 20/14 in the playoffs? But Alonzo's 13 PPG/7RPG in the playoffs is HOF worthy? Haha, please please, let me know how that works.

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 02:31 AM
go get kidney surgery and come back to the nba and then win a ring after having previously had an incredible career prior to that.. im pretty sure you will go to the hall of fame too. I cant believe i even replied to you. seriously im done with you. people can read the posts for themselves. i feel like im arguing with a 7 year old

So who had the better career, Dwight or Alonzo? And he didn't do jack for that ring.. a block or two there but Dwight in his 40's would be just as useful. He didn't have an incredible career before that, wtf are you talking about? Again, more nonsense from you. Alonzo's health has nothing to do with this because you're already stating that he's a HOF'er.

Goose17
06-02-2015, 03:48 AM
I'm with Flash on this. Consecutive DPOY awards. Absolutely dominant at his position despite a distinct lack of post moves. Head and shoulders above every active player at his position during those years. He had a solid stint of about 5 years where he was a top 5 player in this league.

Rafer Alston - Courtney Lee - Hedo Turkoglu - Rashard Lewis.

Those guys were in the starting 5 of an NBA finals team. How?

And before you go talking about Lewis. This isn't Seattle Lewis remember. This is 30 year old Lewis who would get you 12 points a game. He had a great post season but he wasn't exactly a 20 point per game guy even then.

Saddletramp
06-02-2015, 03:59 AM
I think just about everyone is with Flash on this. Except, like Flash said, the Laker fans that are still butthurt.

MTar786
06-02-2015, 04:17 AM
I think just about everyone is with Flash on this. Except, like Flash said, the Laker fans that are still butthurt.

on what? that he wouldnt even get all third team in the 90's? that was my argument.. my argument was that dwight is not an elite all time center. my argument had nothing to do with zo.. go look back and see for yourself. he tried to switch it to zo vs dwight. and the fact that you claim im butthurt makes me question your agenda here. Like i said, go back to my old posts.. i didnt even care for the dwight howard trade when we were making it. I said switching dwight for bynum wont make us any better. so i mustve been butthurt then too?

MTar786
06-02-2015, 04:20 AM
I'm with Flash on this. Consecutive DPOY awards. Absolutely dominant at his position despite a distinct lack of post moves. Head and shoulders above every active player at his position during those years. He had a solid stint of about 5 years where he was a top 5 player in this league.

Rafer Alston - Courtney Lee - Hedo Turkoglu - Rashard Lewis.

Those guys were in the starting 5 of an NBA finals team. How?

And before you go talking about Lewis. This isn't Seattle Lewis remember. This is 30 year old Lewis who would get you 12 points a game. He had a great post season but he wasn't exactly a 20 point per game guy even then.

that 09 team wouldnt have even made it to the finals if kg wasnt gone for the year. also the east was trash. and lastly the lakers beat them pretty easy in the finals. had a harder time with the western teams through the playoffs.

Goose17
06-02-2015, 04:25 AM
that 09 team wouldnt have even made it to the finals if kg wasnt gone for the year. also the east was trash. and lastly the lakers beat them pretty easy in the finals. had a harder time with the western teams through the playoffs.

You could make that argument for every eastern conference team over the last decade. The East has been trash for a long time. I don't anyone using that to put down LeBron for those weak Cavs teams he carried.

Fact is. Even as a weak conference. There were only three players in the entire league at that time that could've carried such a crap team to the finals. One of them was Dwight. He was a monster.

You're a Lakers fan. You clearly have some bias due to the history between your franchise and D12. It's clouding your judgement.

Saddletramp
06-02-2015, 04:39 AM
on what? that he wouldnt even get all third team in the 90's? that was my argument.. my argument was that dwight is not an elite all time center. my argument had nothing to do with zo.. go look back and see for yourself. he tried to switch it to zo vs dwight. and the fact that you claim im butthurt makes me question your agenda here. Like i said, go back to my old posts.. i didnt even care for the dwight howard trade when we were making it. I said switching dwight for bynum wont make us any better. so i mustve been butthurt then too?

plus zo was better than him too.

Although he brought up Alonzo, you brought up all these 90's cemters.

Also, stop typing like an 8th grade girl. U and ur aren't words.

Mave1002
06-02-2015, 06:14 AM
They need to get Nick Young off our hands and give us a pick in return. ;)

Yanks All Day
06-02-2015, 09:05 AM
They just need to get a healthy Patrick Beverly back and maybe upgrade at point guard. That right there adds a good wing defender and someone to take all the ball handling pressure off Harden. They're not many moves away from really competing for a championship. Upgrade defense and let Harden play off ball a little more so he could focus on scoring, which he does best.

xbrackattackx
06-02-2015, 09:30 AM
Pick up some vet bench pieces and a pg on that Mike Conley/Jeff Teague tier.

Brandon Knight would look nice with them him and Bev would be a nice rotation.

Keep terry and smith.

Pick up someone like Bass,Amare,Gerald Henderson/Gerald Green/Jimmer.

Those should be cheap vets filling a bench out with depth like that would be perfect for the rockets.

Knight/Bevs/Jimmer(3pt.)
Harden/Terry/Green
Ariza/Henderson/Brewer/kj mcd
Motj/Bass/Smith
Howard/Amare/Capela

2-ONE-5
06-02-2015, 09:32 AM
Sorry, maybe the Capela statement is ridiculous, in my defense I have only seen him in these playoffs and he impressed me.

he impressed you in the 5 min a game he was given to go use his fouls?

Scoots
06-02-2015, 11:12 AM
Pick up some vet bench pieces and a pg on that Mike Conley/Jeff Teague tier.

Brandon Knight would look nice with them him and Bev would be a nice rotation.

Keep terry and smith.

Pick up someone like Bass,Amare,Gerald Henderson/Gerald Green/Jimmer.

Those should be cheap vets filling a bench out with depth like that would be perfect for the rockets.

Knight/Bevs/Jimmer(3pt.)
Harden/Terry/Green
Ariza/Henderson/Brewer/kj mcd
Motj/Bass/Smith
Howard/Amare/Capela

Sure, just pick up an all-star point guard and add some collection of MLE players. Easier said than done.

ewing
06-02-2015, 11:15 AM
Personally I thought letting a star in Parsons walk was a mistake. I think the easy answers are keep Harden, Howard, Terry, McHale and that young kid who looks like a future star, Capela around.

Despite Harden having a historic year and posting (iirc) the highest WS/48 in the league, the Rockets fell short of the ultimate goal, despite exceeding expectations, even though they were the 2 seed.

What do the Rockets need to do in order to plow through the vaunted west and make the finals?

you think he is going to be a star?

ewing
06-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Capela did average 3 point on 48% from the floor and 17% from the line

rockets-fan
06-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Anyway that says Dwight needs to be moved needs to stop...

He was a monster in the playoffs, and this is coming from a rockets fan that does not like Howard. He use to get trash talked for being soft and a b**** . Then he gets tough and now he's a jerk for taking "cheap shots" shots and fouls that in the 80's & 90's people praised....

Point is he will never win with the general public.

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 03:48 PM
Anyway that says Dwight needs to be moved needs to stop...

He was a monster in the playoffs, and this is coming from a rockets fan that does not like Howard. He use to get trash talked for being soft and a b**** . Then he gets tough and now he's a jerk for taking "cheap shots" shots and fouls that in the 80's & 90's people praised....

Point is he will never win with the general public.

He wasn't a monster in the playoffs. He was never a threat offensively and was just okay defensively. His rebounding numbers are always good but this guy needs to score at least 25. I don't feel he's a huge threat out there.

Goose17
06-02-2015, 05:33 PM
He wasn't a monster in the playoffs. He was never a threat offensively and was just okay defensively. His rebounding numbers are always good but this guy needs to score at least 25. I don't feel he's a huge threat out there.

What? He was hands down their most consistent player.

rockets-fan
06-02-2015, 06:19 PM
What? He was hands down their most consistent player.

They guy obviously only measures a players impact by ppg...

Dwight was awesome and so was Harden apart from his abysmal game 6.

Houston did great this season, period.

2-ONE-5
06-02-2015, 06:24 PM
howard was good but he was far from a monster, come on

lol, please
06-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Yes I agree with this.

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 08:01 PM
They guy obviously only measures a players impact by ppg...

Dwight was awesome and so was Harden apart from his abysmal game 6.

Houston did great this season, period.

Lol, I judge it by multiple factors and one of that was that he didn't dominate the frontcourt of GSW. Sorry, I'm not going to label him a monster when he scored above 20 how many times against GSW? When we talk about a monster center playing monster ball, I talk about Shaq and Dwight from his ORL days.. A monster Dwight would have pummeled Bogut and Green. Did he? Heck, he got outclassed by Ezelius on some plays.

nastynice
06-02-2015, 09:28 PM

I think he had some legitimate stretches of "monster". What I'm not getting is when did he stop being soft and a *****?? Definitely his biggest downfall, and reared it ugly head again these playoffs.

Playing good and being soft are two completely diff things

rockets-fan
06-02-2015, 10:20 PM
I think he had some legitimate stretches of "monster". What I'm not getting is when did he stop being soft and a *****?? Definitely his biggest downfall, and reared it ugly head again these playoffs.

Go look at every bucket Howard scored in the playoffs...and tell me how you can label that soft.

CluTcH_c1tY
06-02-2015, 10:22 PM
Dwight is not the problem. The problem is getting a pg and re inserting Dmo back into lineup to play alongside Dwight. Not a lot of people saw just how good Dmo is. You want a legitimate post player with an arsenal of post moves he's your man.

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 11:07 PM

This is what you said:

" this is not an attack but honestly, when did u start watching the nba?

Last edited by MTar786; Today at 02:08 AM. "

So you just said that the point is, Dwight isn't HOF worthy. Now, you're saying that it is because Dwight isn't an elite all time center... Stop contradicting yourself here.

Second, I said Dwight was a beast during his ORL days. If you don't think so, you probably think everyone has to be Shaq to be considered a beast. Dwight at his peak was a top 10 NBA center of all time. You're just a LAL fan who still cries over Dwight or something. So Dwight isn't an elite center but Alonzo is? And for the 50th time, I'm using Zo as a benchmark. If you want to compare Dwight to Shaq/Hakeem/Robinson, why is it I can't use Alonzo? Find me where I said Dwight was better than those three guys. It takes a LOT to be considered Shaq/Hakeem/Robinson. They are three of the top 15 best players in NBA history. The center position is the toughest when you think about having to go through the big five (Kareem, Shaq, Wilt, Robinson, Hakeem), but Dwight is an elite center and was a beast. That's the end of.

flea
06-02-2015, 11:31 PM
I don't know why Rockets fans are so desperate for another ball-dominant guard like Dragic or Lawson. Neither of them are great spot-up options so you're either going to waste their talent that way or you're going to waste Harden's talent by making him spot-up more (he's not that great at it either, and has way too low of an IQ to expect much off-ball action). I think Beverly is the perfect starting PG for him, or at least would be absolutely perfect if he could handle more 2s defensively.

I think the Rockets are pretty set on their starters, actually. The crappy part is that Ariza and Howard are not great passers, but they never will be so why worry about it. That team is never going to be able to run a Spurs type motion offense - which means offense will likely never be their identity. But Motiejunas looks like a pretty strong and versatile scorer if he can be defensively competent. Don't really recall much about his passing but he's a Euro so he's probably solid as minimum.

Only upgrade I see is to get a better scoring guard off the bench. Terry is a great shooter but he's just too old to be instant offense anymore. Beverly/Harden/Ariza/Motiejunas/Howard + Brewer/Jones/FA guard is a good and balanced 8 man rotation. Don't think much of Josh Smith but they'll probably bring him back and give him Jones's minutes.

Goose17
06-03-2015, 02:43 AM

Do you mean psychologically? Because I don't see how fighting through two defenders and dunking over BOTH of them could be soft.

Not many guys are going to dunk on Draymond AND Bogut.

numba1CHANGsta
06-03-2015, 02:52 AM
They need to dump Dwight Howard

nastynice
06-03-2015, 04:13 AM
Go look at every bucket Howard scored in the playoffs...and tell me how you can label that soft.

Him dunking doesn't mean he's not soft!! lol

nastynice
06-03-2015, 04:16 AM
Do you mean psychologically? Because I don't see how fighting through two defenders and dunking over BOTH of them could be soft.

Not many guys are going to dunk on Draymond AND Bogut.

Of course psychologically, if talking physically then when was he ever soft? Post back surgery, but cmon, it's post back surgery.

Physically he's always been a beast. Which is why his softness is that much more disappointing

Ariza's Better
06-03-2015, 04:42 AM
They need to dump Dwight Howard
Oh Laker fans are cute.

lol, please
06-04-2015, 01:56 PM
Of course psychologically, if talking physically then when was he ever soft? Post back surgery, but cmon, it's post back surgery.

Physically he's always been a beast. Which is why his softness is that much more disappointing
Agreed

rockets-fan
06-04-2015, 03:38 PM
Him dunking doesn't mean he's not soft!! lol

No but powering through defenders to get a slam does...

JasonJohnHorn
06-04-2015, 08:01 PM
All they really need is to trade a draft pick to the Suns for their trainers, that way they'll actually have a healthy roster when the playoffs roll around.

rockets-fan
06-04-2015, 11:31 PM
All they really need is to trade a draft pick to the Suns for their trainers, that way they'll actually have a healthy roster when the playoffs roll around.

This! People forget we played without our starting point guard and starting Power forward

jericho
06-05-2015, 02:43 AM

This is what you said:

" this is not an attack but honestly, when did u start watching the nba?

Last edited by MTar786; Today at 02:08 AM. "

So you just said that the point is, Dwight isn't HOF worthy. Now, you're saying that it is because Dwight isn't an elite all time center... Stop contradicting yourself here.

Second, I said Dwight was a beast during his ORL days. If you don't think so, you probably think everyone has to be Shaq to be considered a beast. Dwight at his peak was a top 10 NBA center of all time. You're just a LAL fan who still cries over Dwight or something. So Dwight isn't an elite center but Alonzo is? And for the 50th time, I'm using Zo as a benchmark. If you want to compare Dwight to Shaq/Hakeem/Robinson, why is it I can't use Alonzo? Find me where I said Dwight was better than those three guys. It takes a LOT to be considered Shaq/Hakeem/Robinson. They are three of the top 15 best players in NBA history. The center position is the toughest when you think about having to go through the big five (Kareem, Shaq, Wilt, Robinson, Hakeem), but Dwight is an elite center and was a beast. That's the end of.

Ew no. I would pick Zo 10 times out of 10 over Dwight lol.

nastynice
06-05-2015, 05:20 AM
No but powering through defenders to get a slam does...

maybe we have diff ideas of what soft is. If draymond gets pushed, he pushes back. If z bo gets pushed, he pushes back. If dwight gets pushed, he cries. He's soft, that's never gonna change. He's a damn good player, he is a defensive beast, he's developing a relatively respectable post game, but at the end of the day if someone gets tough with him he will back down. 10 out of 10 times. Its just who he is, its just how he's built mentally. Its why I actually think Houston is built very well, they got their alpha in harden, now dwight doesn't have to try and carry that load which he's shown time and time again he's not capable of carrying.

I think maybe kobe *****ed him out too hard, done left mental scars on his ***, lol

*actually, I said "that's never gonna change", maybe I could be wrong. Blake Griffin seems to be changing, so maybe its possible for dwight to change too. I don't know.

nastynice
06-05-2015, 05:22 AM
This! People forget we played without our starting point guard and starting Power forward

we know guy, we know. If bev and d mo play, rox win. Lucky us!!

lol, jk, just a running joke from earlier in the season ;)

rockets-fan
06-05-2015, 05:43 AM
maybe we have diff ideas of what soft is. If draymond gets pushed, he pushes back. If z bo gets pushed, he pushes back. If dwight gets pushed, he cries. He's soft, that's never gonna change. He's a damn good player, he is a defensive beast, he's developing a relatively respectable post game, but at the end of the day if someone gets tough with him he will back down. 10 out of 10 times. Its just who he is, its just how he's built mentally. Its why I actually think Houston is built very well, they got their alpha in harden, now dwight doesn't have to try and carry that load which he's shown time and time again he's not capable of carrying.

I think maybe kobe *****ed him out too hard, done left mental scars on his ***, lol

*actually, I said "that's never gonna change", maybe I could be wrong. Blake Griffin seems to be changing, so maybe its possible for dwight to change too. I don't know.

Did Howard cry when Bogut pushed him? Or was there a "omg he punched in in the face he needs to be suspended " campaign all over psd? I rest my case....

nastynice
06-05-2015, 06:04 AM
that's kinda my point. He can't legit play when that happens, he lashes out. Think of how a toddler reacts if another toddler takes his jolly rancher, lol. If bogut does that to marc gasol, gasol will say ok, that's how we're gonna play, then let's play, and he gonna get big in the paint. Not try and punch him, haha, he's like a man child

Bogut knew it and played it perfectly. Push him, let him self destruct on his own.

Maybe some blame can also go to mchale, if you know you have a player like that then you should have his pacifier on the sideline ready to give to him at moments notice, haha!!

Daze9900
06-05-2015, 06:48 AM
Dwight also needs to re-invest about $750,000 in Olajuwon training because I didn't see none of that this year.

foonaka
06-05-2015, 08:46 AM
Trade howard and strengthen the bench. Find another pg to compliment Beverley

This.

I've got news for anyone that thinks Dwight Howard is ever going to improve. He's never going to improve. His stats have steadily dropped over the last five years and he's consistently proven to be an overgrown child whenever he's been tested. Better to trade him now while you can for guys that can and want to win.

Ariza's Better
06-05-2015, 09:43 AM
Oh good, the dumb trade Dwight posts have started up again.

rockets-fan
06-05-2015, 01:18 PM
that's kinda my point. He can't legit play when that happens, he lashes out. Think of how a toddler reacts if another toddler takes his jolly rancher, lol. If bogut does that to marc gasol, gasol will say ok, that's how we're gonna play, then let's play, and he gonna get big in the paint. Not try and punch him, haha, he's like a man child

Bogut knew it and played it perfectly. Push him, let him self destruct on his own.

Maybe some blame can also go to mchale, if you know you have a player like that then you should have his pacifier on the sideline ready to give to him at moments notice, haha!!

You do know your contradicting yourself right?

You just posted before this post " if zbo gets pushed, do you tho k he cries? No he pushes back. Dwight just cries"

and continued with 2 or 3 other guys...

And don't say by push you meant push in the paint during the gAme because we all know ZBO has hit people before for pushing him...so he does the same as Howard did.

Even then, I explained how he doesn't play soft by powering through people multiple times in the playoffs and dunking on them and being aggressive and your response to that was "that's not what I meant, I meant if he gets pushed he cries, player X gets pushed and he pushes back" so I respond to that post by giving you an example of Dwight not crying but reacting then you say "that's not what I mean, I mean like he plays harder in the paint" which brings us back full circle....

Your just trying to hard to call him soft when your clearly mistaken.

Again, I rest my case.

rockets-fan
06-05-2015, 01:20 PM
This.

I've got news for anyone that thinks Dwight Howard is ever going to improve. He's never going to improve. His stats have steadily dropped over the last five years and he's consistently proven to be an overgrown child whenever he's been tested. Better to trade him now while you can for guys that can and want to win.

This, is stupid.

Trade a guy that was the most consistent player on the team Tim the playoffs for you. Righttttttttt , the Dwight hate is real.

I really hope the Lakers get all their wishes and sign all the players they want and draft the guy they want so Laker fans could finally get over Howard leaving.

raiderposting
06-05-2015, 02:41 PM
This, is stupid.

Trade a guy that was the most consistent player on the team Tim the playoffs for you. Righttttttttt , the Dwight hate is real.

I really hope the Lakers get all their wishes and sign all the players they want and draft the guy they want so Laker fans could finally get over Howard leaving.

I think most of us don't care at all. Just a little upset we got nothing in return. no point of keeping bynum since he would have been worse. I wouldn't want howard because as was said he isn't going to get better. His defense is still great but not Dominant like it once was. His offensive game has been the same for years, he still hasn't develop a reliable post game. Give me KAT/Okafor.

Saddletramp
06-05-2015, 03:04 PM

You just posted before this post " if zbo gets pushed, do you tho k he cries? No he pushes back. Dwight just cries"

And don't say by push you meant push in the paint during the gAme because we all know ZBO has hit people before for pushing him...so he does the same as Howard did.

Even then, I explained how he doesn't play soft by powering through people multiple times in the playoffs and dunking on them and being aggressive and your response to that was "that's not what I meant, I meant if he gets pushed he cries, player X gets pushed and he pushes back" so I respond to that post by giving you an example of Dwight not crying but reacting then you say "that's not what I mean, I mean like he plays harder in the paint" which brings us back full circle....

Again, I rest my case.

Just ignore nastynice. He's turned into a troll. He used to be a pretty good poster, too. Some people just take the team they cheer for to their head and think they have something to do with it and it amps them up. Especially fans of teams that have been awful for so long or fans of historically great franchises that are eating crow right now because their team sucks and their top guy is done. They don't know how to be humble so they act like trolly jerks.

Not all, but some.

JAZZNC
06-05-2015, 03:16 PM
They need their top two players to be better when it matters and both of them have to be TWO WAY players which neither is. Both are also mental midgets which is the biggest problem. Neither has the kind of head on their shoulders to be a true leader (especially Howard). I mean Harden has a celebration for every basket he makes......great players that get "it" don't do ignorant third grade crap like that.

nastynice
06-05-2015, 03:20 PM

Again, I rest my case.

He can't play back tough. If ur soft u have to resort to lashing out.

nastynice
06-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Just ignore nastynice. He's turned into a troll. He used to be a pretty good poster, too. Some people just take the team they cheer for to their head and think they have something to do with it and it amps them up. Especially fans of teams that have been awful for so long or fans of historically great franchises that are eating crow right now because their team sucks and their top guy is done. They don't know how to be humble so they act like trolly jerks.

Not all, but some.

lol, says the rox fan. So if one were to read all the posts between dubs n rox games, I would be the troll? Really? Yall asked for it, I'm just serving it up baby, just how u like it, haha

Lemme clarify, just 3-4 rox fans. Rest yall cool folks

Saddletramp
06-05-2015, 03:37 PM
lol, says the rox fan. So if one were to read all the posts between dubs n rox games, I would be the troll? Really? Yall asked for it, I'm just serving it up baby, just how u like it, haha

Lemme clarify, just 3-4 rox fans. Rest yall cool folks

Actually, your resident Lakers troll (not surprising) started the thread to undoubtedly troll the Rockets knowing full well that Harden and Howard trolls would pop up. We got some guys who take it too far, no doubt (well, one in particular) but we're looking up to the troll gods when all is said and done.

foonaka
06-06-2015, 10:42 AM
This, is stupid.

Stupid? Glad to see you have the maturity of a 2-year old rather than attempting to engage in intelligent conversation. Why are most forum posters such a-holes? I swear...

Anyway, SMART Laker fans never wanted Dwight in the first place. After watching him fall apart in the 2009 Finals against the Lakers, he proved what kind of player he is and he's never changed (and I dare you to also prove that his stats have not declined over the past 5 years).

When he had a chance to step up in the playoffs after Kobe went down, what did he do? He played like a jerk and got himself ejected. Yeah, he's a real leader. I'm just glad people like you are stuck with him and I hope that YOU get all you deserve when Howard again proves himself to be a tool and costs the Rockets another playoff series.

alexander_37
06-06-2015, 01:43 PM

Dwight led the league in interior scoring% allowed....

nastynice
06-06-2015, 01:58 PM
He's still an elite rim protector IMO

lol, please
06-06-2015, 03:28 PM
He's still an elite rim protector IMO

He played out of his mind in the WCF lol.

lol, please
06-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Stupid? Glad to see you have the maturity of a 2-year old rather than attempting to engage in intelligent conversation. Why are most forum posters such a-holes? I swear...

Anyway, SMART Laker fans never wanted Dwight in the first place. After watching him fall apart in the 2009 Finals against the Lakers, he proved what kind of player he is and he's never changed (and I dare you to also prove that his stats have not declined over the past 5 years).

When he had a chance to step up in the playoffs after Kobe went down, what did he do? He played like a jerk and got himself ejected. Yeah, he's a real leader. I'm just glad people like you are stuck with him and I hope that YOU get all you deserve when Howard again proves himself to be a tool and costs the Rockets another playoff series.

Sorry but despite all the flak he gets Dwight is still a top 3 C in the league.

Verbal Christ
06-20-2015, 01:34 PM
Rockets need better 3 point shooting and a healthy team. Im hoping MOrey can resist the urge to tinker. Much to be said for roster continuity. They have some nice picks in the draft this year, plus the possibility of Spanish PG Sergio Llull coming over next year. Harden hopefully continues his maturation process and becomes the leader the team needs.

The Dwight argument on this thread is hilarious. Classic PSD.

BKLYNpigeon
06-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Rockets should get Kevin Love.

Scoots
06-20-2015, 02:28 PM
Looking around the free agent market there isn't a lot of shooting to be had.

lol, please
06-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Rockets should get Kevin Love.
Who would be the 1st option on that team?

rockets-fan
06-20-2015, 06:33 PM
Who would be the 1st option on that team?

Harden
Love
Howard
Ariza
Smith

In that otser

nastynice
06-20-2015, 08:35 PM
Harden
Love
Howard
Ariza
Smith

In that otser

That could actually work, tho I think rox are better going high quality role players like ariza. Also not sure if howard would be down with that otser.

alexander_37
06-21-2015, 09:24 PM
Dwight led the league in interior scoring% allowed....

Lol none of these Howard sucks idiots had a comeback for that.

lol, please
06-23-2015, 02:49 AM
:laugh2:

Scoots
06-23-2015, 11:29 AM

I thought Gobert lead the NBA.

Tony_Starks
06-23-2015, 11:38 AM
No changes needed. Harden is the real MVP and apparently Dwight is already a champion.......both awards still not received......

lol, please
06-27-2015, 01:22 AM
This

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-27-2015, 10:37 AM
Harden
Love
Howard
Ariza
Smith

In that otser

I read that tweet from Marc Stein from ESPN saying Rockets wanna clear a max cap slot for Aldridge or Love. The tweet only mentioned trying to trade Jones and #18 pick in one tweet. But they would have to dump a lot more to get a max cap slot. Probably have to dump Papa and Ariza and renounce a few players. Or just sign and trade Ariza and a few pieces to Cavs or Blazers.

alexander_37
06-27-2015, 10:44 AM

Could be true but Dwight was leading it near the end of the season Per Morey himself.

regardless of 1st or 2nd ect, he played AMAZINGLY on defense and put up 16 ppg on 60% shooting in career low MPG.

Scoots
06-27-2015, 11:22 AM
Could be true but Dwight was leading it near the end of the season Per Morey himself.

regardless of 1st or 2nd ect, he played AMAZINGLY on defense and put up 16 ppg on 60% shooting in career low MPG.

Howard finished 12th, but that's still WAAAAAY better than DeAndre Jordan who finished 3rd in DPOY voting :)

http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/ (2nd chart)

(Morey is not always the best source for facts when he's talking about his own players)

No slam on Howard, just the stat facts.

PurpleLynch
06-27-2015, 11:34 AM
Acquire a pg and a good sixth man. The bench is ok imo,they just need to be all healthy.

Vinylman
06-27-2015, 01:28 PM
Rockets did great in the draft...

to me they need to resist signing smith to a dumb deal...

CluTcH_c1tY
06-27-2015, 10:47 PM
With these draft picks I'm thinking Brewer is gone and TJones will get traded. Losing Brewer sucks and it will have an impact on the bench production, but if it means more cap space to address the pg position I'm all for it. All that said they better not trade Ariza, to me he was our most consistent player.

BHF
06-28-2015, 12:13 AM
Maybe they could get Lowery from TO.

They don't have anything to trade for Lowry.

lol, please
07-22-2015, 02:09 AM
Now with Lawson, does this put them over the top? :confused:

sagemania
07-22-2015, 02:15 AM
They got a borderline allstar without giving up any of their rotational players. If Lawson has his head on straight and continues to be a 15 and 10 assists player they can be nasty. With Harden, Lawson and Beverley they have a scary backcourt. Marcus Thornton is no chump either along with Terry. They all of a sudden are loaded at every position. Probaly could do with another insurance C because of Dwights health and Capella is probably a few years away.

alexander_37
07-22-2015, 05:52 PM
Howard finished 12th, but that's still WAAAAAY better than DeAndre Jordan who finished 3rd in DPOY voting :)

http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/ (2nd chart)

(Morey is not always the best source for facts when he's talking about his own players)

No slam on Howard, just the stat facts.

A few of those guys played MUCH fewer minutes, and the chart its self debunks a few other as more so being lucky than being good rim protectors. If you eliminate guys with low minutes and guys who got lucky, Howard would be about 5th/6th.

Also interesting to note Dwight is a MUCH better player on offense than those 5/6 guys ahead of him... quite easily even. So yes to everyone Dwight is still a damn dominant player.