PDA

View Full Version : Report: Fred Hoiberg already has a five-year deal in place to become Bulls next coach

spreadeagle
05-30-2015, 09:41 PM
When the Bulls formally announced the firing of Tom Thibodeau from the head coaching position, the front office claimed that they would “begin the process” of searching for a replacement the moment the press conference was finished.

“We’ll be looking for someone who’s a leader, who has great communication skills, who’s got an excellent knowledge of the game of basketball, someone that’s an open and creative learner,” Bulls GM Gar Forman said. “We’re not going to address specific names today. There won’t be updates. We’ll begin that process here tonight and into the weekend.”

As it turns out, they had a candidate in mind all along, so those statements were disingenuous, at best.

From Frank Isola of the New York Daily News:

According to a source, Iowa State’s Fred Hoiberg already has a deal in place to become the Bulls’ next head coach. The parameters of the deal were discussed while Thibodeau was still employed by the Bulls.

Hoiberg’s deal is believed to be in the $25 million range over five years. Hoiberg, who recently needed a second heart surgery, is merely waiting to be cleared by doctors before officially accepting the job. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/30/report-fred-hoiberg-already-has-a-five-year-deal-in-place-to-become-bulls-next-coach/

DamnGoat
05-30-2015, 10:00 PM
Anyone that's followed the Bulls for the past couple years know that whenever Thibs was done that it was Hoiberg's job to lose. So this isn't surprising at all.

TrueFan420
05-30-2015, 10:00 PM
Interesting

LakerShow
05-30-2015, 10:56 PM
Who?

HandsOnTheWheel
05-30-2015, 11:35 PM
What are the Bulls doing lol

More-Than-Most
05-30-2015, 11:43 PM
The bulls have gone about this shady as ****... good job making your organization look terrible.

Ezio
05-30-2015, 11:49 PM
Switching identities while trying to maintain a winning culture is hard.

More-Than-Most
05-30-2015, 11:50 PM
Switching identities while trying to maintain a winning culture is hard.

I dont disagree but how they handled this entire process with thib and so on was gutless and childish.

DamnGoat
05-31-2015, 12:08 AM
I dont disagree but how they handled this entire process with thib and so on was gutless and childish.
What do you think was gutless or childish about it?

I don't like the way either side handled it. But to put it on just the Bulls FO is a bit unfair.

Sofnr
05-31-2015, 12:10 AM

Why is that exactly? What have they done that is so gutless and childish? All information we are getting on the situation is from media "sources" If we didn't live in an age where every little thing, real or imaginary, was a possible story that had to be analyzed to death, then this would be just the story of how the Bulls released one coach and hired his successor. We know very little about any of the facts involved here. The Bulls weren't happy with Thibs. They decided to move on. They had another guy in mind ready to fill that position. I don't see anything gutless or childish about that. I liked Thibs. I think he's a good coach. I wish we still had him. It's sad to me that he and the front office couldn't get along well enough to make this work. But this whole "The Bulls organization is awful and are screwing Thibs over" narrative is so stupid. He couldn't get along with his bosses. He'll now be looking for a job elsewhere and someone else will be happy to take him. I certainly don't feel bad for him. Nor do i feel he was mistreated. And i wish him success wherever he goes next.

effen5
05-31-2015, 12:45 AM
They are classless. Thibs will win a title somewhere else while the bulls stay in basketball hell. I'm so disappointed on how the team I root for has handled the entire situation. I don't care who started it, at the end of the day you are a billion dollar corporation. Handle your damn problem with class.

More-Than-Most
05-31-2015, 01:07 AM
What do you think was gutless or childish about it?

I don't like the way either side handled it. But to put it on just the Bulls FO is a bit unfair.

what did thibs do exactly? He has handled this situation perfectly and has not said anything at all unprofessional and that organization thanked him by doing the crap they did

More-Than-Most
05-31-2015, 01:08 AM
They are classless. Thibs will win a title somewhere else while the bulls stay in basketball hell. I'm so disappointed on how the team I root for has handled the entire situation. I don't care who started it, at the end of the day you are a billion dollar corporation. Handle your damn problem with class.

Yea Id expect this from several organizations but honestly never the bulls/spurs and a few others... Pretty shocking.

Sofnr
05-31-2015, 01:29 AM
what did thibs do exactly? He has handled this situation perfectly and has not said anything at all unprofessional and that organization thanked him by doing the crap they did

What has the front office done exactly? What unprofessional thing have they come out and said about Thibs? I must have missed it. Something they actually said. Not rumors or speculation.

I see stuff like this "“Out of respect for everybody involved, we’re not going to go into a lot of specifics and a lot of details in this decision,” said Forman.

“We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship,” Paxson said at the press conference immediately following Thibodeau’s firing. “That’s just the truth. But we haven’t done that.

Might they have leaked the information about the exit interviews? Maybe, speculation. Are they saying bad things about Thibs to people behind closed doors? Maybe, speculation. I tend to deal in facts. I don't see how Thibs is somehow a saint and the bulls organization are villains. Both sides contributed to this somehow to get it a point where they had to part ways. Instead of holding Thibs hostage forever hoping for a draft pick trade that could have improved the team they actually let him go fairly early and he'll have plenty of opportunities to get a new job. Once again i wish he was still here. The front office failed in that they couldn't co-exist with a very good coach. But i just don't see this nefarious plot to ruin Thibs life here. Seems like business as usual from both sides.

BKLYNpigeon
05-31-2015, 01:40 AM
You guys are already down on Hoiberg when he has net even coached the team yet? lol.

EVERYONE said the same thing when the Warriors fired Mark Jackson.

GiantsSwaGG
05-31-2015, 02:09 AM
I love Holberg but what a classless move by the Bulls organization. Classless!!!

mgjohnson7851
05-31-2015, 04:17 AM
I love Hoiberg. I really wish he would stay at Iowa State because it's his Alma mater, and he was truly building a great program from the ground up. It was a really good story, and it's to bad it's going to end.... especially since he's going to a team with one of the most classless front offices in the entire league.

Munkeysuit
05-31-2015, 06:48 AM
Hoiberg is a pretty decent pick of a coach, he had some success in the Big 12 and won some pretty big games!
I kinda remember him playing in the NBA as well, If I recall he was a pretty decent shooter, hopefully he can pick up the pieces of a Bulls team that will most likely have pretty much the same exact roster when they sign Butler to a max contract.

xxcubs22xx
05-31-2015, 07:04 AM
Classless?

Running your important players into the ground during the regular season, denying your bench playing time, having Jeff Van Gundy fire shots at the FO on TV, causing your players to be injured because you leave them on the floor is CLASSLESS. Our FO ain't perfect but Thibs would have NEVER won a ring with the Bulls. He should go back to assistant coaching.

Although sour, this divorce was TIMELY. Bring in Fred. We need better mentoring and management of our players.

Bulls players avoid the PRACTICE facility because Thibs runs so hard.

They said on NBA TV that they never had 2 days off in a row during the regular season.

That's crazy!

Bring in Fred.

Goose17
05-31-2015, 07:21 AM
Why is everyone angry with the Bulls FO? What did I miss? What did they do that was so bad?

BKLYNpigeon
05-31-2015, 10:29 AM
Classless?

Running your important players into the ground during the regular season, denying your bench playing time, having Jeff Van Gundy fire shots at the FO on TV, causing your players to be injured because you leave them on the floor is CLASSLESS. Our FO ain't perfect but Thibs would have NEVER won a ring with the Bulls. He should go back to assistant coaching.

Although sour, this divorce was TIMELY. Bring in Fred. We need better mentoring and management of our players.

They said on NBA TV that they never had 2 days off in a row during the regular season.

That's crazy!

Bring in Fred.

Yes classless. Maybe Thibs wasn't the right coach for the Bulls, thats fine. Fire him and move on amicably You just have to understand that its a business. whatever happened behind the scenes should have been a private and internal matter and handled that way.

effen5
05-31-2015, 10:58 AM
Classless?

That's crazy!

Bring in Fred.

You're also not going to win a title when derrick is hurt 50 percent of the games, and during that run your best player was nate Robinson, jo noah, and Carlos boozer.

We have the most classless organization and it starts with jerry. Oh let's not forget pax putting his hands on VDN and he should have been fired right on the spot.

effen5
05-31-2015, 11:00 AM
Why is everyone angry with the Bulls FO? What did I miss? What did they do that was so bad?

Jon Greenberg, Columnist, ESPNChicago.com

CHICAGO -- I’m not sure if*Chicago Bullschairman Jerry Reinsdorf wrote or dictated his 230-word fire emoji of a statement explaining the Tom Thibodeau firing. But a simple “We wish him well but are going in a different direction” would have sufficed.

In any event, the words attributed to Reinsdorf served to carpet bomb Thibodeau on his way out as Bulls coach. Thibodeau’s fractious relationship with bosses John Paxson and Gar Forman was well-known in Chicago and around the league, but this was excessive.

Here is Reinsdorf’s full statement:

“The Chicago Bulls have a history of achieving great success on and off the court. These accomplishments have been possible because of an organizational culture where input from all parts of the organization has been welcomed and valued, there has been a willingness to participate in a free flow of information, and there have been clear and consistent goals. While the head of each department of the organization must be free to make final decisions regarding his department, there must be free and open interdepartmental discussion and consideration of everyone's ideas and opinions. These internal discussions must not be considered an invasion of turf, and must remain private. Teams that consistently perform at the highest levels are able to come together and be unified across the organization -- staff, players, coaches, management and ownership. When everyone is on the same page, trust develops and teams can grow and succeed together. Unfortunately, there has been a departure from this culture. To ensure that the Chicago Bulls can continue to grow and succeed, we have decided that a change in the head coaching position is required. Days like today are difficult, but necessary for us to achieve our goals and fulfill our commitments to our fans. I appreciate the contributions that Tom Thibodeau made to the Bulls organization. I have always respected his love of the game and wish him well in the future.”

Tom Thibodeau was fired by the Bulls after five seasons as head coach.*Dennis Wierzbicki/USA TODAY Sports

The Bulls then noted that Thibodeau was an assistant coach for 21 years, as well as an advance scout for a year, before the team hired him.

Here is how his five-year tenure was described: “Thibodeau’s teams compiled an overall record of 255-139 (.647). The Bulls advanced to the playoffs five times during Thibodeau’s tenure, where he posted a postseason record of 23-28 (.451).”

Or as Forman put it in the release: "When Tom was hired in 2010, he was right for our team and system at that time, and over the last five years we have had some success with Tom as our head coach.”

Some success!

What was left unsaid is that Thibodeau’s .647 winning percentage ranks eighth all-time among coaches who have worked at least 100 games. Or that his best player,Derrick Rose, only played in 181 of those 394 games.

It wasn't noted that Rose became the youngest MVP in league history under Thibodeau. Or that*Joakim Noah*became an All-Star and Defensive Player of the Year and an MVP candidate. Or that*Luol Deng*became an All-Star. Or that*Jimmy Butler*became a potential max player and All-Star. You get the picture.

Don't get me wrong, this divorce needed to happen for both parties. The relationship between Thibodeau and the front office was too toxic to continue. Thibodeau, in turn, needs to be in a situation where he feels safe and trusted. He’s a difficult, intelligent person and he’s very good at his job, but he has blame in this mess too.

But for all his faults -- he wasn’t an easy person to work for or with -- Thibodeau was a culture changer.

If you want to pin playoff losses on him, go for it. But in his one season with a fully healthy Rose, the Bulls went to the conference finals, where they lost to LeBron Freaking James. In this muddled rollercoaster of a season, the Bulls were dispatched by the best player in the world again.

The three playoff appearances without Rose: How do you judge Thibodeau for those? Beating the Nets in the first round in 2012 was actually pretty amazing.

Hey, at least Thibodeau was quoted about in this release, sharp as the remarks were. When the Bulls fired Vinny Del Negro in 2010, he got a 65-word press release with no comments.

Then again, Thibodeau is one of the winningest regular-season coaches in NBA history. Maybe he deserved a little better.

Go read Chris mannix, woj, greenberg (above) or the countless articles on the FO firing thibs.

Goose17
05-31-2015, 11:07 AM
I don't see anything in that I would describe as classless. It all seems very legit. They respect Thibs but feel he's taken them as far as he can and want to go in another direction. Big deal.

I don't understand the hate.

effen5
05-31-2015, 11:29 AM
You don't think a simple "we have released thibs. We wish him luck in his future endeavors" would be enough? But instead jr writing a classless pressor on why he had to fire thibs was justified?

And the entire press conference was a big joke afterwards with garpax.

Goose17
05-31-2015, 11:34 AM
Maybe it would've been enough. Maybe he felt the need to explain why to the fans. Maybe he felt he was so important to the Bulls the last few years he deserved more than just one line.

Nothing about it seemed classless. It was all very professional. He clearly just wanted to explain himself. It's not like he was ripping on Thibs or blaming everything on him.

KG2TB
05-31-2015, 11:36 AM
I don't see it as classless or the presser being a big joke but that's find if others do. Everyone has an opinion. I just think with all the hoopla and rumors leading up to this, they had to explain themselves and their decision and dispel rumors. People thought they wouldn't gramt teams permission to talk to him or were holding him hostage which wasn't true. Doesn't seem like other teams are that interested in him. Hell, the pelicans hired Alvin gentry of all people.

Jamiecballer
05-31-2015, 12:09 PM
I don't see anything in that I would describe as classless. It all seems very legit. They respect Thibs but feel he's taken them as far as he can and want to go in another direction. Big deal.

I don't understand the hate.
I agree. I don't get it either.

Sofnr
05-31-2015, 12:36 PM
I agree. I don't get it either.

I'm right there with ya. I'm still yet to see anything that's classless at all that's not just speculation or rumors.

DamnGoat
05-31-2015, 03:08 PM
What crap did they do?

You're going to have to be more specific here because I honestly don't know what you're talking about and I've followed the situation as closely as anyone.

They had a bad relationship (which both sides were at fault for), it ended. The Bulls didn't go out of their way to bash him publicly and Thibs didn't go out of his way to bash them either.

Stunner
05-31-2015, 07:49 PM
The Mayor!!!

xxcubs22xx
05-31-2015, 09:44 PM
I'm glad others in this thread agree with me. Nothing particularly classless about this whole thing, just a bunch of media crap

Jamiecballer
06-01-2015, 08:18 AM
If you tune all the media driven crap out its nothing to see here

Vee-Rex
06-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Classless, man. Cover your kids ears when people speak of this organization. Absolutely classless!

j/k

zn23
06-01-2015, 10:18 PM
Getting rid of Thibs for some random dude? Wow...

ugottabjoshinme
06-02-2015, 08:56 AM
I liked JR's press release

:shrug:

I like the move to Hoiberg. All Thibs/FO problems aside, the players seem pretty burnt out on Thibs. The needed to move in a new direction and Hoiberg seems to be much more laid back which is what this veteran group needs.

Shammyguy3
06-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Getting rid of Thibs for some random dude? Wow...

Explain how Hoiberg is some random dude, please and thank you. And when you cannot describe him as anything close to random, i'll appreciate it if you rescind posts like this in the future.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Shammy[emoji1]

mRc08
06-02-2015, 01:34 PM
I understand that he played in the NBA for ten years and has coached at ISU, but still, we are talking about Thibs, and in comparisons (at least in terms of notoriety) he is pretty random/insignificant. The only reason most bulls fans are not shocked is because Nick Friedell was reporting this rumor almost a year ago.

Which really leads the to word "classless" getting thrown around by fans and the media. The bulls KNEW they wanted this guy, had conversations behind closed doors, and ultimately hired a "good friend" of Gar. Still, OK fine, they have the right to do that if they think its the best move, and I am not insinuating that notoriety means good coach. Still, reports stating that F.O. personnel told "important players of the team" that thibs did not have their best interest in mind as early as training camp?....thats pretty shady if true, and how this has all gone down would it really shock anyone.

J.R. got pissed when JVG went on T.V. and blasted them; and ultimately viewed this as a shot from thibs. So, he released the press release, though professional in nature, ultimately describing thibs as someone who is not willing to take advice, aka bad to work with, aka it is a shot.

Take all this into consideration and honestly its time for paxon and gar to go. Thibs very well may needed to be fired, who knows their side of the story. And his lack of success in the playoffs is a fact (yes, despite injuries). But they hired him, Vinny (who paxson choked out?, and skiles), thats three hires that you couldn't "get along with". Thats on the F.O. The bulls prior thibs was pathetic, and even after they refused to pull triggers on KG and Kobe for the "core", that core ended up being useless which lead us to the john salmon years. John paxsons job was saved by a 1% ping pong ball, and thibs took it from there.

All in all, if thibs needed to go fine. But the track record of the GM is terrible. Noah, Jimmy, Taj all good, but what about all the missed free agents, poor free agent choices (ben wallace, Asik situation, offering ben gordon 11 mil extension he denied thank god), poor drafting (tyrus) and apparently poor coaching hires? I mean jesus christ hinrich is set to make 2.9 milliion this year, that alone should be firable.

Blow it up, keep jimmy, keep Niko, and I'll see you all in 3 years. Quite frankly its insulting to the fans intelligence for them spin the wheel on another coach and pretend we even have a shot next year. We are old, injured, up against the CAP, and led by egotistical morons. I'm out.

InRoseWeTrust
06-02-2015, 01:41 PM
mRc08, there are so many factual inaccurate in your post that it's not even worth responding to.

Hawkeye15
06-02-2015, 01:46 PM
it's risky, but a good pick. I was hoping Flip hired him, but Flip obviously wants to coach still. Annoys me.

I love the Mayor. When Chris Street (Hawkeye Forward) was killed back when Hoiberg was at ISU, he switched his number to Street's number. I loved him since that moment.

NYKnickFanatic
06-02-2015, 01:46 PM
Hoiberg's road win percentage in college was 35%. Yikes. Dominant at home though.

mRc08
06-02-2015, 01:57 PM
mRc08, there are so many factual inaccurate in your post that it's not even worth responding to.

I know that I reference some things that were speculated, but how much of that was really inaccurate? I'm not saying your wrong, I'm simply trying to figure out what part of my memory is out of whack, cause I've been following this team closely since 2004 when I jumped on the wagon, and may have lost some memory over the years.

I just feel like paxon should get fired, he is at least equally responsible for the teams lack of success. He hired thibs, and all the other coaches who didn't get the job done. Isn't that alone enough?

Paxons failures:

- Trading Tyrus Thomas for LA
- Signing Ben Wallace
- Letting Asik go for nothing
- Coaching Hires
- Missing on LBJ, Carmello, and others (Not ENTIRELY HIS FAULT they went were they wanted)
- Believing in core of hinrich, gordon, and deng too much during that era. Unwilling to be creative.
- Trade of James Johnson

Classless moves:
- Fire skiles on Xmas
- Trade Deng (and apparently giving him crap for not playing after spinal tap, check reports)
- Inform media rose was cleared to play after initial ACL tear (Rose's camp didn't want this, lead to friction) (Remember that saga?)

Where he has been saved by luck:
- Derrick Rose Drafting
- Eddy Curry ending up being worthless (even though they made decent offer)
- Ben gordon leaving for detroit (even though they made decent offer)

There has been some good for sure, you could probably put together a list of equal length of good things they have done (miro, jimmy, noah, point guards out of nowhere), but if Thibs is going to be fired and the measure is "playoff sucess" I think they need to be held to the same standard.

Stunner
06-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Tyrus Thomas allowed us to get Rose and Tyrus was traded for the Bobcats 1st round pick

He wanted to keep Asik but the poison pill didn't allow him too

Coaching hires , ehh not the best but the Bulls made the playoffs with Skiles and Negro

The Deng / Kirk / Gordon era was decent and we added Rose to that bunch ..... That bunch also gave us one of he best 1st round series in NBA history against the Celtics .

James Johnson really ? He wasn't developing right here and it took him a few seasons to get serviceable , he's still just a ok role player . He also got Taj Gibson in that draft who is better than James .

How is the Deng trade classless ? I heard they tried to work out a deal but he wanted more money and then he was traded to the Cavs that put us in a better cap position and we got the Kings pick . Deng also signed for just about the amount the Bulls offered him with Miami.

I thought the doctors cleared Derrick Rose to play ?

How can you list the Lebron stuff a failure and then say it's not his fault ? He still put out a good roster that lead the NBA in wins two seasons in a row .

Bulls also was more than fair towards Curry and Ben Gordon too , Curry would have gotten Annuity for life if he took the test and it said he shouldn't play ball anymore . Gordon got a fair deal for his role but wanted to be greedy . So mostly the players stupidity than luck .

Thibs got fired for inability to have a good relationship with the FO in general , he didn't want to work with them but just do everything on his own . He was acting as if he wanted the GM / Coaching roll

Thibs yea got a bad break with Rose hurt but he also wore his players into the ground being at the top of the league with the Cavs in playing their starters way too much . Teams like the Warriors and Spurs ranked at the bottom.

Thibs didn't improve as a coach in his 5 years and kept coaching as if it was 2010 and not evolving with the league . The FO problems along with the Players being fed up led to Thibs exit

DamnGoat
06-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Didn't Skiles basically quit on the team anyway?

He had clearly lost that team and he's fared worse than that after the Bulls.

mRc08
06-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Tyrus Thomas allowed us to get Rose and Tyrus was traded for the Bobcats 1st round pick

He wanted to keep Asik but the poison pill didn't allow him too

Coaching hires , ehh not the best but the Bulls made the playoffs with Skiles and Negro

The Deng / Kirk / Gordon era was decent and we added Rose to that bunch ..... That bunch also gave us one of he best 1st round series in NBA history against the Celtics .

James Johnson really ? He wasn't developing right here and it took him a few seasons to get serviceable , he's still just a ok role player . He also got Taj Gibson in that draft who is better than James .

How is the Deng trade classless ? I heard they tried to work out a deal but he wanted more money and then he was traded to the Cavs that put us in a better cap position and we got the Kings pick . Deng also signed for just about the amount the Bulls offered him with Miami.

I thought the doctors cleared Derrick Rose to play ?

How can you list the Lebron stuff a failure and then say it's not his fault ? He still put out a good roster that lead the NBA in wins two seasons in a row .

Bulls also was more than fair towards Curry and Ben Gordon too , Curry would have gotten Annuity for life if he took the test and it said he shouldn't play ball anymore . Gordon got a fair deal for his role but wanted to be greedy . So mostly the players stupidity than luck .

Thibs got fired for inability to have a good relationship with the FO in general , he didn't want to work with them but just do everything on his own . He was acting as if he wanted the GM / Coaching roll

Thibs yea got a bad break with Rose hurt but he also wore his players into the ground being at the top of the league with the Cavs in playing their starters way too much . Teams like the Warriors and Spurs ranked at the bottom.

Thibs didn't improve as a coach in his 5 years and kept coaching as if it was 2010 and not evolving with the league . The FO problems along with the Players being fed up led to Thibs exit

I'll agree to disagree with you on many of those points. The only one that I get hung up on the is the tyrus thomas one lol, you can't say it wasn't a bad move just because we got rose. Its not like john paxon was like "lets trade the rights of a consistant allstar for Tyrus so we can tank and get rose". Many of the counter arguments you made are valid as well, but that one I can't let go. I know I've vented here and been brash, hopefully the bulls do good, but personally I'm just fed up with it. Just my opinion but these are the things I believe.

Stunner
06-02-2015, 02:58 PM
I'll agree to disagree with you on many of those points. The only one that I get hung up on the is the tyrus thomas one lol, you can't say it wasn't a bad move just because we got rose. Its not like john paxon was like "lets trade the rights of a consistant allstar for Tyrus so we can tank and get rose". Many of the counter arguments you made are valid as well, but that one I can't let go. I know I've vented here and been brash, hopefully the bulls do good, but personally I'm just fed up with it. Just my opinion but these are the things I believe.

I didn't say it wasn't a bad move but seeing the outcome I wouldn't change it

InRoseWeTrust
06-02-2015, 03:00 PM
I know that I reference some things that were speculated, but how much of that was really inaccurate?

At work now, but will give you a full response later. Not blowing you off.

85BearsDefense
06-02-2015, 03:48 PM
Bulls FO is as classless as they come. As a Bulls fan I can admit it. The fact that they waited to fire Thibs until the open jobs on the market were filled says it all.

Sofnr
06-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Bulls FO is as classless as they come. As a Bulls fan I can admit it. The fact that they waited to fire Thibs until the open jobs on the market were filled says it all.

It likely says they were hoping one of those teams would trade for Thibs and they would come away with draft pick compensation. That would have been the best possible scenario. This idea that they were trying to screw over Thibs is pretty silly.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-02-2015, 04:16 PM
Who drafted Jimmy Butler again with the last pick of the first round??....oh that's right, let's just ignore that too and keep talking about their "classlessness".

DaBear
06-02-2015, 04:23 PM
So much butt hurt and stupidity in this thread. It's classless to give an explanation as to why thibs was fired? It should only be a one liner? ********. People would have said the same thing either way. This is not a small market team. In today's media driven world, information will get out faster than people think. The Bulls FO said nothing that I would deem classless for their firing of thibs.

For the fake bulls fans calling the FO out, don't let me see you backing them next year.

effen5
06-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Who drafted Jimmy Butler again with the last pick of the first round??....oh that's right, let's just ignore that too and keep talking about their "classlessness".

Who drafted marquis teague? They better hope mcd isn't a ****ing bust.

effen5
06-02-2015, 05:36 PM
So much butt hurt and stupidity in this thread. It's classless to give an explanation as to why thibs was fired? It should only be a one liner? ********. People would have said the same thing either way. This is not a small market team. In today's media driven world, information will get out faster than people think. The Bulls FO said nothing that I would deem classless for their firing of thibs.

For the fake bulls fans calling the FO out, don't let me see you backing them next year.
I've hated this front office since 2009. Next year will be no different.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Who drafted marquis teague? They better hope mcd isn't a ****ing bust.

You're gonna blame them for bringing in a PG from a national champion to groom into a quality backup? If the kid had half the work ethic of his big brother, he still would've been here. How many busts did Paxson draft overall compared to the guys who helped turn this organization around from the dog days of the early 2000s?

Vee-Rex
06-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Lol I was joking before but now I'm starting to wonder. How can you fire a dude on Christmas? Like, just wait one more day... that's pretty bad no matter what anyone says.

effen5
06-02-2015, 07:18 PM
You're gonna blame them for bringing in a PG from a national champion to groom into a quality backup? If the kid had half the work ethic of his big brother, he still would've been here. How many busts did Paxson draft overall compared to the guys who helped turn this organization around from the dog days of the early 2000s?

How many playoff series did pax draft win before thibs arrived and made them play his way?

Shammyguy3
06-02-2015, 07:39 PM
Lol I was joking before but now I'm starting to wonder. How can you fire a dude on Christmas? Like, just wait one more day... that's pretty bad no matter what anyone says.

This is just me thinking out loud:

Does anyone think that coaches that get fired, didn't see it coming?

Not thinking out loud:

In Skiles' case, he went to John Paxson in November of the year he was fired - he went to Paxson to resign from his position due to the locker room issues that the team had: Skiles new he already lost the team. Paxson wanted him to stick with it awhile longer to see if the ship could be turned around/saved. It got to the point where it was doomed for, and Skiles had to be released of his duties.

In that case, let's go back to me thinking out loud:

If you're Skiles, wouldn't you just want the whole thing to be over with? If I were in that position, I may think that getting fired before the rest of the holidays just to de-stress myself from the situation

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-02-2015, 07:40 PM

Paxson probably didn't like the gift Skiles bought for him.

Stunner
06-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Even the players knew Skiles was getting fired lol

Ezio
06-02-2015, 08:05 PM

They chose Teague over Green

Procision
06-02-2015, 08:05 PM

Even the warriors passef on green atleast once.

THE MTL
06-02-2015, 08:32 PM
5 year contract...... He might do about 3 of those years lol.

kingsdelez24
06-02-2015, 08:35 PM

Even the warriors passef on green atleast once.

Over Harrison Barnes? Thats a terrible comparison.The whole reason they even tanked that season was so they could get seventh and draft Harrison Barnes

kobe4thewinbang
06-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Why fire Thibodeau, other than the animosity between him and the front office?

The only criticism I can think of is he runs his players ragged, but other than that, what did he do wrong?

The Bulls have had injury woes for years, and they nearly beat Cleveland this year had Gasol not gone down and LeBron not hit that shot. D-Rose was mostly healthy, and things seemed better than the last few years.

They could score more, sure...but is that really why he's gone?

Stunner
06-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Over Harrison Barnes? Thats a terrible comparison.The whole reason they even tanked that season was so they could get seventh and draft Harrison Barnes

No they past on him twice , they picked Ezeli before Green .

Pierzynski4Prez
06-02-2015, 10:21 PM
Every team passed on Green in that draft

LA_Raiders
06-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Good luck to you Bulls fans.

kozelkid
06-02-2015, 11:30 PM

The only criticism I can think of is he runs his players ragged, but other than that, what did he do wrong?

The Bulls have had injury woes for years, and they nearly beat Cleveland this year had Gasol not gone down and LeBron not hit that shot. D-Rose was mostly healthy, and things seemed better than the last few years.

Have you watched this team play this year? They played with absolute no emotion or desire. Most talented team Thibs had. The east was at its weakest, especially while the Cavs were figuring things out. To put things in perspective, this year's team only had TWO MORE WINS than the previous season. A team without an allstar Butler, and Boozer instead of Gasol, no Mirotic, and pretty much no Rose. Thibs teams usually are top 5 on defense rating. This team was 11th this past season. They completely quit on him. And while blame goes around, it's a lot easier to retool when it's the coach than the entire team and FO.

naps
06-03-2015, 01:54 AM
This has 1998 bulls demise written all over it. Exactly how the front office kicked out Phil Jackson and exactly how the owner was far from it, and exactly and ironically how it was another Iowa State coach Tim Floyed who was set to replace Phil Jackson long before the season was finished. We all have seen how that worked out for the Bulls next 10 years. Jerry Riensdorf is a weird man to say the least. Like I still don't understand how as an owner you could break up that Jordan dynasty. Talk about being spoiled.

mgjohnson7851
06-03-2015, 05:16 AM
How many playoff series did pax draft win before thibs arrived and made them play his way?
Well in that case, I'd assume getting dropped from such a classless organization which Skiles wanted no part of anymore was his best Christmas present that year.

northsider
06-03-2015, 08:28 AM
This has 1998 bulls demise written all over it. Exactly how the front office kicked out Phil Jackson and exactly how the owner was far from it, and exactly and ironically how it was another Iowa State coach Tim Floyed who was set to replace Phil Jackson long before the season was finished. We all have seen how that worked out for the Bulls next 10 years. Jerry Riensdorf is a weird man to say the least. Like I still don't understand how as an owner you could break up that Jordan dynasty. Talk about being spoiled.

Oh ya same exact circumstance. Well that is except the whole losing Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Dennis Rodman. LMFAO Exact same circumstance.

cvvh
06-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Anyone that's followed the Bulls for the past couple years know that whenever Thibs was done that it was Hoiberg's job to lose. So this isn't surprising at all.http://loanwebfast.com/green/images/62.gifhttp://insuranceautocars.com/insurance/images/37.gif

InRoseWeTrust
06-03-2015, 01:00 PM

(1) 'The only criticism I can think of is he runs his players ragged, but other than that, what did he do wrong?'

He lacks even a semblance of offensive creativity. Watch any 2 Bulls games in a row and this would be obvious. His rotations and commitments to bad veterans (see, e.g., Kirk Hinrich) were also detrimental to the on court product.

(2) ' they nearly beat Cleveland this year had Gasol not gone down and LeBron not hit that shot'

Are you serious? The series ended 4-2, and one of our wins came on a last second 3 that Rose banked in for the win. It should have been over 4-1.

Shammyguy3
06-03-2015, 01:32 PM
After the initial over-reactions, people will realize that this marriage needed to end. Not only because of Thibs not being able to play nice with the trainers, the doctors, the general manager, the vice president, and in the end the owner... but also because he was outcoached in both playoff series this year, he played players that were a complete non-threat offensively in times we were down 25 (Noah, Kirk in the playoffs and heck Kirk all season long). He didn't adjust his gameplan for 3 straight games when Milwaukee's defense was making us look silly offensively, he only managed to do so in game 5 after Kidd made adjustments every game.

He failed to stop hedging the screens in the Cleveland series, in which Lebron probably racked up 4+ assists every game. His stubbornness, often times his most valiant trait, compiled with his pride lost us that series against Cleveland.

If we were told Irving would be nearly restricted to a stand-still catch and shoot player in 5 of the 6 games, that Love would be out the whole series, and Lebron's ts% would be under .500 for the series.... how in the world would anyone have given those Cavs a chance to win the series? And in less than 7 games to boot.