PDA

View Full Version : Are the Bulls alienating potential coaching candidates with their treatment of Thibs?

JasonJohnHorn
05-28-2015, 10:36 PM
With the recent press release about their view on Thibs, and this rumour that was leaked about starters ripping him (see more here: http://prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=358095), it seems like the Bulls are doing their best to smear Thibs. Isn't firing him enough? Most teams simply say something to the effect of "So and so has done a lot for this organization, but we feel that with our current situation and goals, it is best to part ways. We thank so and so for his efforts and wish him the best in the future."

The Bulls this seem to want to p!ss all over everything he's done and ruin him in the eyes of other teams.

I realize people aren't all on board with the fact that he plays his starters such heavy minutes, but he's capped players minutes in the past, and it has cost them wins, though playing starters when he didn't need to may have caused injury. The bottom line is that with the Bulls front office letting players go in free agency, and proving unwilling to spend to keep talent, Thibs had a revolving door of players, and if the Bulls were to win games, it meant playing the most talented players more minutes. If he played them less, he'd get less wins and get fired. If he played them more, they'd get more wins, but he'd get fired for not capping their minutes. It sounds like a lose-lose to me.

Thibs reportedly seemed uninterested in facilitating a trade to another team for his rights, but that seemed reasonable to me. Few coaches have been traded in the past (outside of Doc, and the Heat trading picks for the rights to talk to Riley I can't think of any other instances, though I'm sure there are a couple), so it is fair for a coach to expect that if a team doesn't want him, he should be free to look for work elsewhere. It is also fair to expect that if you've done the most with a team that can be expected (anybody expecting a championship out of this team is being unreasonable), then you've earned the money promised you in your contract. The Bulls seem upset with themselves for giving Thibs the deal he deserved and now not wanting to pay him for it because they want to go in another direction.

This isn't the first time the ownership has done this: they did the same with Collins, and they weren't too nice about that either. Collins was mature and simply didn't say anything publicly, but he didn't get a job until the late 90's after that, and he helped that team go deeper in the playoffs every season he was there, and though they obviously fared quite well under PJax, it is important to note that PJax didn't do any better than Collins his first year and it wasn't until guys like Pippen, Grant and BJ Armstrong had further developed that the Bulls pulled off a championship.

And the Phil Jackson departure put an end to a title run. Had Jackson been given a new contract, Jordan and Rodman would have likely returned, but ownership refused to give Jackson the backing he deserved.

So are the Bull alienating potential coaches? Is anybody going to want to work for this organization if they are only going to p!ss all over whatever the coach does when they part ways? This seems to be a very immature move on the part of the Bulls organization from where I'm coming from, but is any of this justified? And do you think this will impact how other teams view Thibs?

Tony_Starks
05-28-2015, 10:52 PM
If Bulls management hasn't scared people off with breaking up a dynasty, or screwing Pippen around, or running Del Negro out of town, then nothing will.

JasonJohnHorn
05-28-2015, 11:13 PM
If Bulls management hasn't scared people off with breaking up a dynasty, or screwing Pippen around, or running Del Negro out of town, then nothing will.

I'm tempted to agree, but with this pattern, I have to think it's cost them at least a few coaching candidates. And with Rose's career hanging on a shoe string, and Gasol's best days behind him, I don't even see this as an appealing destination for a coach.

AllBall
05-28-2015, 11:36 PM
The trend in the NBA has been to hire rookie coaches, so they can easily get another rookie coach. A rookie coach is just trying to get their foot in the door, they don't care how or with who.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-29-2015, 01:35 AM
That's why Fred Hoiberg will be our next coach.

ewing
05-29-2015, 10:17 AM
yes

ewing
05-29-2015, 10:18 AM
That's why Fred Hoiberg will be our next coach.

the mayor should stay in Iowa its his destiny

Goose17
05-29-2015, 10:27 AM
No.

A coach is really going to pass up the chance to coach a former MVP, DPOY and reigning MIP that collectively led their team to the conference semi finals because... when they talk to Thibs he replied with a frowny face emoji?

Nah.

cmellofan15
05-29-2015, 10:59 AM
No.

A coach is really going to pass up the chance to coach a former MVP, DPOY and reigning MIP that collectively led their team to the conference semi finals because... when they talk to Thibs he replied with a frowny face emoji?

Nah.

well when you describe it like that it sounds like a dream job. but that former mvp played less than half of the games that thibs coached in his tenure, the dpoy had a huge drop off after having the best of his career, and that mip is an upcoming free agent....

you could also say they have a two time nba champion power forward, a nba champion starting center, and another most improved player if you wanna make it sound even dreamier lol

RowBTrice
05-29-2015, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure that I'd want to work for that organization, which is tough to actually say because I've always been a Bulls fan.

Stinkyoutsider
05-29-2015, 12:03 PM
I thought it would be enough to just fire Thibbs but it was unprofessional of the Bulls to insult him in the media. Should have kept that behind closed doors and just wished him well in his next job. It's like it was a personal decision to fire Thibbs and they made sure to kick him in the rear on his way out.

Ezio
05-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Doesn't matter they have their guy already.

InRoseWeTrust
05-29-2015, 12:49 PM
Doesn't matter they have their guy already.

This. All signs are pointing to an agreement having been reached with their #1 choice, so this thread is moot.

Edit:

As a P.S. type thought, there are 30 head coaching jobs in the NBA. It's an extremely exclusive club. Every single one of those 30 jobs are attractive to 99% of the candidates out there.

DaBear
05-29-2015, 01:01 PM
well when you describe it like that it sounds like a dream job. but that former mvp played less than half of the games that thibs coached in his tenure, the dpoy had a huge drop off after having the best of his career, and that mip is an upcoming free agent....

you could also say they have a two time nba champion power forward, a nba champion starting center, and another most improved player if you wanna make it sound even dreamier lol

Butler is not leaving Chicago.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-29-2015, 01:09 PM
This. All signs are pointing to an agreement having been reached with their #1 choice, so this thread is moot.

Edit:

As a P.S. type thought, there are 30 head coaching jobs in the NBA. It's an extremely exclusive club. Every single one of those 30 jobs are attractive to 99% of the candidates out there.

Plus not many coaches are gonna pass up the chance to coach in the 3rd largest market in the US. They'll want the job to pad their resume if anything, plus the Bulls are pretty much a lock to make the playoffs every year with this core.

Jamiecballer
05-29-2015, 01:34 PM
hard for me to say whether the bulls have done anything wrong here. so far all i know is they made comments that would sort of indicate he was unable to play nicely with others. is that wrong? i'm not really sure. it's either wrong or just honest.

InRoseWeTrust
05-29-2015, 01:51 PM
hard for me to say whether the bulls have done anything wrong here. so far all i know is they made comments that would sort of indicate he was unable to play nicely with others. is that wrong? i'm not really sure. it's either wrong or just honest.

It can be simultaneously honest and overly harsh, which I think it was. (for the record, I'm definitely pro-firing of Thibs. It was time.)

JasonJohnHorn
05-29-2015, 02:02 PM

This is true, but when you are trying to win a championship, you don't want 99% of the coaches out there: you want the elite 1%. Those guys have a say in where they go. Just because there are only 30 jobs, does not mean it is a buyer's market. If it comes to guys like Pop, Doc, Carlisle, Phil Jackson, and Riley, only the teams they know will contend and will give them what they need will be able to secure the elite coaching talent.

Sure... the Bulls would be appealing to a guy whose never coached before, but a guy who is already independently wealthy and can wait a few months for a better opportunity. I'm not sure that they would in interested in an organization that will treat them like that if they happen to disagree.

I mean, we are talking about an organization that burned bridges with Michael Jordan and Phil Jackson, and has done a pretty good job of burning bridges with Scottie Pippen as well.

DaBear
05-29-2015, 02:04 PM
This is true, but when you are trying to win a championship, you don't want 99% of the coaches out there: you want the elite 1%. Those guys have a say in where they go. Just because there are only 30 jobs, does not mean it is a buyer's market. If it comes to guys like Pop, Doc, Carlisle, Phil Jackson, and Riley, only the teams they know will contend and will give them what they need will be able to secure the elite coaching talent.

Sure... the Bulls would be appealing to a guy whose never coached before, but a guy who is already independently wealthy and can wait a few months for a better opportunity. I'm not sure that they would in interested in an organization that will treat them like that if they happen to disagree.

I mean, we are talking about an organization that burned bridges with Michael Jordan and Phil Jackson, and has done a pretty good job of burning bridges with Scottie Pippen as well.

Scottie Pippen works for the Bulls..

JasonJohnHorn
05-29-2015, 02:07 PM

It might be honest, but that doesn't make it right.

It was clear that they Bulls were already trying to move Thibs for a first-round pick to another team so that they could get off the hook for paying him, and get a draft pick in return. Thibs wasn't interested in letting an organization that didn't have his back pick his next employer, which is more than reasonable, and as a result, the played sour grapes.

You don't get to fire a guy who got the most out of your team and did a great job, and ALSO get rewarded for it with a pick, get off on paying him severance, AND get to pick his next employer. That kind of expectation is unreasonable. It's pretty clear when the Bulls didn't get what they wanted, they played sour grapes.

At the end of the day, if the GM and the coach don't get along, or the president, that can be expected. People have different perspectives. But it's also pretty clear that the Bulls won as many games as they could. I doubt there is another coach that could have gotten more wins out of this roster. He's developed young player, turn fringe players into contributing rotation players, and won games.

JasonJohnHorn
05-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Scottie Pippen works for the Bulls..

Yeah, but he's wanted a coaching job for some time, and they've passed on him several times now. That's why I said a 'pretty good job' with him. It's like the Knicks and Ewing: he's been an assistant for several years now, and they won't give him a shot.

When you can't be bothered to offer a coach that just helped you win three rings in row an extension, that says something about your organization.

Scoots
05-29-2015, 02:11 PM
Yes

JasonJohnHorn
05-29-2015, 02:17 PM
It can be simultaneously honest and overly harsh, which I think it was. (for the record, I'm definitely pro-firing of Thibs. It was time.)

I can understand this perspective. I personally think its the ownership's fault for not paying out for the talent they had, but if the coach and the ownership/front office can agree philosophically, and it's getting out to the media, it taints the relationship between the players and the coach. Even if the coach is the best guy for the job, a situation like can create a need to move on. While I think it is ultimately the ownership that is holding the team back, I recognize that parting ways at this point is the best option. But yes, whether honest or not, this was harsh.

The thing is, when the guy who does the hiring and firing says one thing, whether he is right or wrong, he gets to make the call. Paxon wants to keep his job, so he sides with the guy who is in charge. Thibs knows that if he gets fired, he still gets paid and can get a better job with even hire pay, so there is no reason for him to do anything other than what he thinks is best for the team to get wins. He's padding his resume, getting the team wins, and at the end of the day, he's a commodity, so the Bulls ownership has no power over him. I think that's what really bothers Reinsdorf. He hates it when people have leverage on him. We saw it with Jordan, and Jackson. Where teams like the Lakers and Celtics have given ownership to guys who put their franchise on the map (see Magic and Red), the Bulls owner refuses to recognize the contribution of its 'workers'. He refused to give Jordan or Jackson a part of the team, despite the fact that the Bull wouldn't have been worth half of what they are not without Jordan. Sure, Jordan got a paycheck, but you see the way Nike recognizes what Jordan did for them, and the way the Bulls handled it.

Reinsdorf has to big an ego to run a team properly. It is a miracle he was able to put a winner around Jordan.

DaBear
05-29-2015, 02:34 PM
Yeah, but he's wanted a coaching job for some time, and they've passed on him several times now. That's why I said a 'pretty good job' with him. It's like the Knicks and Ewing: he's been an assistant for several years now, and they won't give him a shot.

When you can't be bothered to offer a coach that just helped you win three rings in row an extension, that says something about your organization.

"I mean, we are talking about an organization that burned bridges with Michael Jordan and Phil Jackson, and has done a pretty good job of burning bridges with Scottie Pippen as well."

Burned bridges with Scottie yet he's an ambassador for the Bulls. Yeah, that makes no sense. If he's wanted a coaching job for some time now, why hasn't any other team given him one? Maybe because he's not coaching material.

InRoseWeTrust
05-29-2015, 02:36 PM

Dude Scottie Pippen works for the f'ing team.

Jamiecballer
05-29-2015, 04:32 PM
It might be honest, but that doesn't make it right.

It was clear that they Bulls were already trying to move Thibs for a first-round pick to another team so that they could get off the hook for paying him, and get a draft pick in return. Thibs wasn't interested in letting an organization that didn't have his back pick his next employer, which is more than reasonable, and as a result, the played sour grapes.

You don't get to fire a guy who got the most out of your team and did a great job, and ALSO get rewarded for it with a pick, get off on paying him severance, AND get to pick his next employer. That kind of expectation is unreasonable. It's pretty clear when the Bulls didn't get what they wanted, they played sour grapes.

At the end of the day, if the GM and the coach don't get along, or the president, that can be expected. People have different perspectives. But it's also pretty clear that the Bulls won as many games as they could. I doubt there is another coach that could have gotten more wins out of this roster. He's developed young player, turn fringe players into contributing rotation players, and won games.
i just find that it's all a bunch of he said, she said, media driven ********. who knows where the real truth lies. i have no problem with what they said in the conference if it was true though.

Stunner
05-29-2015, 05:09 PM

Pippen works for the Bulls

MDD
05-29-2015, 06:27 PM
The Bulls FO are furthering any reason for high profile players and coaches to have any desire to join there organization. The no headband rule is outrageous and taking it to far!!!

kozelkid
05-29-2015, 06:42 PM
and has done a pretty good job of burning bridges with Scottie Pippen as well.

What are you ****ing talking about? They have done nothing but good things to Scottie. This is the same owner that had no problem giving Scottie a big S+T contract despite him being a shell of his former self back in 98. This is the same organization that AGAIN gave him a 2 year 10 mil contract in 03 when he was barely an NBA player, so he could ride the bench. And now he WORKS for the Bulls.

The Bulls don't owe Scottie anything as far as coaching position. Just like Ewing isn't owed anything. The Bulls need to hire who they think is the best man for the job, not gift it to Pippen because he played for them.

Your vendetta for the Bulls is laughable. This is like your fifth thread bashing the FO. Get over it man. The rivalry with Pistons has long been dead.

smith&wesson
05-29-2015, 06:43 PM
With the recent press release about their view on Thibs, and this rumour that was leaked about starters ripping him (see more here: http://prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=358095), it seems like the Bulls are doing their best to smear Thibs. Isn't firing him enough? Most teams simply say something to the effect of "So and so has done a lot for this organization, but we feel that with our current situation and goals, it is best to part ways. We thank so and so for his efforts and wish him the best in the future."

The Bulls this seem to want to p!ss all over everything he's done and ruin him in the eyes of other teams.

I realize people aren't all on board with the fact that he plays his starters such heavy minutes, but he's capped players minutes in the past, and it has cost them wins, though playing starters when he didn't need to may have caused injury. The bottom line is that with the Bulls front office letting players go in free agency, and proving unwilling to spend to keep talent, Thibs had a revolving door of players, and if the Bulls were to win games, it meant playing the most talented players more minutes. If he played them less, he'd get less wins and get fired. If he played them more, they'd get more wins, but he'd get fired for not capping their minutes. It sounds like a lose-lose to me.

Thibs reportedly seemed uninterested in facilitating a trade to another team for his rights, but that seemed reasonable to me. Few coaches have been traded in the past (outside of Doc, and the Heat trading picks for the rights to talk to Riley I can't think of any other instances, though I'm sure there are a couple), so it is fair for a coach to expect that if a team doesn't want him, he should be free to look for work elsewhere. It is also fair to expect that if you've done the most with a team that can be expected (anybody expecting a championship out of this team is being unreasonable), then you've earned the money promised you in your contract. The Bulls seem upset with themselves for giving Thibs the deal he deserved and now not wanting to pay him for it because they want to go in another direction.

This isn't the first time the ownership has done this: they did the same with Collins, and they weren't too nice about that either. Collins was mature and simply didn't say anything publicly, but he didn't get a job until the late 90's after that, and he helped that team go deeper in the playoffs every season he was there, and though they obviously fared quite well under PJax, it is important to note that PJax didn't do any better than Collins his first year and it wasn't until guys like Pippen, Grant and BJ Armstrong had further developed that the Bulls pulled off a championship.

And the Phil Jackson departure put an end to a title run. Had Jackson been given a new contract, Jordan and Rodman would have likely returned, but ownership refused to give Jackson the backing he deserved.

So are the Bull alienating potential coaches? Is anybody going to want to work for this organization if they are only going to p!ss all over whatever the coach does when they part ways? This seems to be a very immature move on the part of the Bulls organization from where I'm coming from, but is any of this justified? And do you think this will impact how other teams view Thibs?

No there are always coaches looking for the opportunity to be HC in the NBA. Nothing will prevent coaches to try and land a gig, specially one where they can be coaching a contender instantly.

the vacancy of one coaches spot, is simply an opportunity for another HC.

Phantom Dreamer
05-29-2015, 06:52 PM

Scottie Pippen works for the Bulls..He also agreed with the firing.

Sactown
05-29-2015, 09:16 PM
I don't think there's a coach in the league other than Pop who will meet this teams expectations ... As a coach its an opportunity , but whoever they hire will be there for two years before they get canned

Ezio
05-30-2015, 12:34 AM
I don't think there's a coach in the league other than Pop who will meet this teams expectations ... As a coach its an opportunity , but whoever they hire will be there for two years before they get canned

Bulls FO are getting their buddy in Hoiberg. If they can't work together with him then you'll see Kirk Hinrich run the show and the franchise to the ground.

Scoots
05-30-2015, 01:33 PM
As long as Fred gets the support of the front office he could be perfect for them.

kozelkid
05-30-2015, 02:00 PM

Considering 2 of the 3 coaches that this FO has hired each lasted more than 4 years, you're gonna need to provide more evidence for that statement.

Again, the average NBA coach lasts 2.4 years. Thibs was a Bulls coach for 5 years. Skiles was a coach for more than 4. VDN somehow managed to coach for 2 years. I'd love to hear what makes this Bulls coaching position more unfair for the next coach. Yes, there was a clash of egos. But clash of egos notwithstanding, the team simply stopped responding to him. This is the NBA; this will eventually happen to any coach not named Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, or Greg Popovich. Both parties needed a change; both could have handled the situation much better. However, Bulls have shown to provide enough patience with their coaches, if they provide success. Thibs' and Skiles' tenures show that.

xbrackattackx
05-30-2015, 05:11 PM
I hope they are a lottery team next year. So lame. I could quote most of these Bulls fans sucking thibs off just six months ago. This was unprofessional and makes the bulls management look really child like. Go team Glass!

Wade n Fade
05-30-2015, 05:42 PM
I find it hypocritical when people say "Paxson is a nice guy," but then you hear about how he uses intimidation and force to go after Vinny Del Negro. I mean I think Del Negro isn't a competent basketball coach, but is it really worth having Paxson and Forman in the front office if their baggage hurts the team? I mean sure, Pau, Butler, Noah, Gibson, Snell, Mirotic are great building blocks to complement Rose, but I feel like the sheer disconnect from the coaches with multiple guys is alarming. Thibs may have been aggressive and brash, but that's the type of personality he is. Hiring a yes man in Hoiberg is both bad for the Bulls and for Iowa State. Some guys are meant to succeed in college, which ISU + Hoidberg is meant to be.

If the Bulls are serious about attracting players and having a coach that's approachable and popular, hire Marc Jackson.

TotesMagotes
05-30-2015, 05:51 PM
Hiring a yes man in Hoiberg is both bad for the Bulls and for Iowa State.

What evidence is there that indicates Hoiberg is a "yes man"?

Wade n Fade
05-30-2015, 06:00 PM
What evidence is there that indicates Hoiberg is a "yes man"?

His loyalty to his superiors and predecessors without questioning them. He is a Gar Forman and John Paxson guy. He ekes out a corporate persona.

Sactown
05-30-2015, 06:11 PM
Considering 2 of the 3 coaches that this FO has hired each lasted more than 4 years, you're gonna need to provide more evidence for that statement.

Again, the average NBA coach lasts 2.4 years. Thibs was a Bulls coach for 5 years. Skiles was a coach for more than 4. VDN somehow managed to coach for 2 years. I'd love to hear what makes this Bulls coaching position more unfair for the next coach. Yes, there was a clash of egos. But clash of egos notwithstanding, the team simply stopped responding to him. This is the NBA; this will eventually happen to any coach not named Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, or Greg Popovich. Both parties needed a change; both could have handled the situation much better. However, Bulls have shown to provide enough patience with their coaches, if they provide success. Thibs' and Skiles' tenures show that.

I don't think they have a championship roster, in fact I think they have quite a few impact players on the downswing of their career. I think Thibs is a great coach, I don't see a replacement doing any better I think they'll do much worse and be canned for it

TotesMagotes
05-30-2015, 06:14 PM
His loyalty to his superiors and predecessors without questioning them. He is a Gar Forman and John Paxson guy. He ekes out a corporate persona.

Gotcha...I thought there may have been something that happened at Iowa State. We're all entitled to our opinions, but just because they have a history with Hoiberg doesn't necessarily make him a "yes man." I'd like to think that they are interested in him because he is a knowledgeable basketball mind and understands the importance of minutes restrictions.

Kyben36
05-30-2015, 06:44 PM

Del negro has done nothing to deserve respect, Pippen has been paid to go to games and be a face of the bulls past, because he blew all his money, and im not sure what you mean by breaking up a dynasty ????

Thibs is a great mind, but the truth is, he is stuborn, and refuses to make changes in game. or even during series. he is going to be missed, but we will survive.

effen5
05-31-2015, 01:04 AM
Del negro has done nothing to deserve respect, Pippen has been paid to go to games and be a face of the bulls past, because he blew all his money, and im not sure what you mean by breaking up a dynasty ????

Thibs is a great mind, but the truth is, he is stuborn, and refuses to make changes in game. or even during series. he is going to be missed, but we will survive.

And why does garpax deserve respect? He put his hands on one of his employers...I said this 5 years ago and I'll say it now. He should have been fired then. He's been in the front office now fkr 12 years and he's failed to even get us close to a title. Before thibs, pax record was below 500 and the guy who won you games he couldn't get along with. The problem is the front office.

torocan
05-31-2015, 09:20 AM
It won't stop coaches from considering the job.

It will raise the price of some coaches as far as contract terms. Just like there's a "James Dolan is the owner" tax for the Knicks when signing prospective coaches, I suspect there will be a "treat ex-coaches like crap" tax for the Bulls.

Goose17
05-31-2015, 09:28 AM

Seriously? Was this a rumour or was it confirmed? First I've heard of it.

effen5
05-31-2015, 11:03 AM

There were rumors that pip went bankrupt which he strongly denies and I believe he has a defamation suit going. During that time bulls made him ambassador.

HoodedSB
05-31-2015, 12:45 PM
Can anyone briefly explain to me why he is so highly regarded as a coach despite the glaring negatives we've all heard so much about?

Vinylman
05-31-2015, 01:15 PM

first you heard of it? He sued the publications that said he was broke... the lawsuit was thrown out...

Pippen is nothing more than a carnival prop at this point because they pity his situation

kozelkid
05-31-2015, 03:53 PM
I find it hypocritical when people say "Paxson is a nice guy," but then you hear about how he uses intimidation and force to go after Vinny Del Negro. I mean I think Del Negro isn't a competent basketball coach, but is it really worth having Paxson and Forman in the front office if their baggage hurts the team? I mean sure, Pau, Butler, Noah, Gibson, Snell, Mirotic are great building blocks to complement Rose, but I feel like the sheer disconnect from the coaches with multiple guys is alarming. Thibs may have been aggressive and brash, but that's the type of personality he is. Hiring a yes man in Hoiberg is both bad for the Bulls and for Iowa State. Some guys are meant to succeed in college, which ISU + Hoidberg is meant to be.

If the Bulls are serious about attracting players and having a coach that's approachable and popular, hire Marc Jackson.

What Paxson did against Vinny was absolutely wrong and unprofessional, and IIRC he acknowledged it himself. However, despite all these "leaked reports," the spat between FO and Thibs seems to mainly be from Gar, not Pax or Jerry.

As far as what the Bulls want, Jackson doesn't fit the equation because he had a tough time getting along with his superiors and had too inflated of an ego to delegate some of the technical aspects of the job to his assistants. In fact, reports suggest that Doug Collins would be sort of an assistant/mentor when Hoiberg gets the job (apparently it was something the Bulls hoped Thibs would consider last offseason).

Goose17
05-31-2015, 04:04 PM
first you heard of it? He sued the publications that said he was broke... the lawsuit was thrown out...

Pippen is nothing more than a carnival prop at this point because they pity his situation

The broke thing isn't new. The "getting paid to support Chicago and go to games" is very new to me. Never heard that before. Seems there's no evidence to support it though. Just another rumour/theory.

Kyben36
05-31-2015, 04:42 PM

He works for the bulls and comes to games and sits in the front row to be a face of past success.. he is called a team ambasator but its a ******** title and he does really nothing for the franchise.

He blue all his money on failed investments.