PDA

View Full Version : Wade open to leaving ?

Stunner
05-28-2015, 05:20 PM
@flasportsbuzz: I have learned there's a significant gap in contract negotiations between Wade and Heat & Wade now open to leaving: http://t.co/YYyTfDlbsy

Raps18-19 Champ
05-28-2015, 05:21 PM
He owes nothing to the franchise and he's a FA now. If he wants to leave, go ahead because he's very much entitled to.

NYKnickFanatic
05-28-2015, 05:32 PM
Can't see him opting out. He will probably opt in and go on from there.

Stunner
05-28-2015, 05:38 PM
@ByTimReynolds: Second source on Wade: He's "prepared" for anything. Buckle up, Heat fans.

KnicksorBust
05-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Where would he go? Anyone know the latest on Bosh?

Dade County
05-28-2015, 05:41 PM
lol

He'll get what he wants, just stretched out though.

JNA17
05-28-2015, 05:44 PM
Wade probably just wants more money. The cap is rising after all.

But hey, I'll play along anyway.

http://replygif.net/i/135.gif

InRoseWeTrust
05-28-2015, 05:44 PM
I tend to agree with Dade County. I doubt he goes anywhere.

Stunner
05-28-2015, 05:47 PM
Heard he wants more than 16 million Lmfaoo

Stunner
05-28-2015, 05:47 PM
Where would he go? Anyone know the latest on Bosh?

Cavs

Stunner
05-28-2015, 06:08 PM
@flasportsbuzz: Wade's agent, Henry Thomas, says: "I am going to continue to have conversations with the Heat and try to make this work" but won't....

@flasportsbuzz: ... say likelihood of Wade leaving or whether Wade will definitely opt out. Wade's preference is to opt out & get big 3-yr deal from Heat.

Ebbs
05-28-2015, 06:14 PM
Chicago doesn't have space to sign him if he leaves.

It'd be a terrible decision for the Cavs to lock him in, even if they could.

kozelkid
05-28-2015, 06:16 PM
Chicago doesn't have space to sign him if he leaves.

It'd be a terrible decision for the Cavs to lock him in, even if they could.

Nor would it make sense for Chicago given their spacing issues as it is, and how much Wade appears to be declining.

Stunner
05-28-2015, 06:19 PM
@daldridgetnt: I thought DWade was all good with walking away from $42 million guaranteed so the Heat could re-sign LeB….no? Really?Stunned.

jerellh528
05-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Wade to Cleveland! It comes full circle!

Redrum187
05-28-2015, 06:31 PM
What if he signs for the MLE in Cleveland?! :speechless:

Stunner
05-28-2015, 06:31 PM
@EricElizondo8: Heard on Lebs show Wade could want 3yr-70M-ish.

Redrum187
05-28-2015, 06:32 PM
@EricElizondo8: Heard on Lebs show Wade could want 3yr-70M-ish.

That is a lot of money to play half the season.

Minimal
05-28-2015, 06:37 PM
He is gonna get paid. If you lose wade, you can blow up the whole team then, I don't think Riley will do that.

Stunner
05-28-2015, 06:44 PM
Wade isn't the end all be all , they could still keep Dragic and get better role players . Gonna need the money soon for Whiteside and whoever comes out in 2016

Toronto Homer
05-28-2015, 06:45 PM
Wade is more valuable to Miami than he would be to any team on the open market. He is the face of that franchise. He doesn't hold max value as a player at this point, but I will be shocked if he doesn't work something out to stay in Miami.

Yanks All Day
05-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Sounds like posturing on Wade's part to get more money from Miami. Doubt he goes anywhere at all.

But if you're Miami, imagine losing LeBron and Wade in back to back years? Sheesh.

ManRam
05-28-2015, 06:53 PM
I'm worry about the aging process for guards who can't hit threes. Depending on his contract demands, I do think there is a point where it's best for strictly basketball reasons to let him walk. It might piss of the fan base for a certain length of time...but you don't want to be bogged down by a contract like that if he quickly falls into 6 man ability.

Definitely a tricky/interesting situation. Curious to see how it plays out.

archdevil84
05-28-2015, 06:57 PM
i wil admit that if wade leaves i wont be a heat fan anymore

kingkenny01
05-28-2015, 06:59 PM
This such an empty threat, no way he leaves Miami. But if wade want to come back to Milwaukee where is jersey is already in the rafters I wouldn't mind.

nycericanguy
05-28-2015, 07:08 PM
Wade has sacrificed before but now he wants to get paid. How is MIA going to offer Dragic $20m per year and then turn around and ask Wade to take a pay cut yet AGAIN?

Tough situation for MIA, Wade has them by the balls. if they don't pay Wade and he leaves, does Dragic come back? That would not be a good team.

They might be forced to pay two more MAX deals to Dragic and Wade.

ManRam
05-28-2015, 07:18 PM
There's such a weird demand on players to be loyal to NBA teams, especially great players where any team would coddle them as much as possible, not just the one that drafted them. In Wade's case, there's really no reason for him to be. He signed for a pretty sizable discount in 2010, and he doubled down on that in 2014. He's been loyal enough.

Miami without Wade will/would feel bizarre, but I think the non-biased observed would be totally understanding of both parties if they truly can't get a deal done. Though, I'll believe that when I see it.

Andrew32
05-28-2015, 07:27 PM
Wade is the heart & soul of Miami.
He is the one who lured Shaq to join them in the mid 00's.
He is the one who lured Lebron to join them in the early 10's.
Wade has directly and indirectly been responsible for pretty much all the success that franchise has had.

If LAL can give Kobe that big going away contract then Wade deserves as much.
He is probably better then Kobe now anyway.
If some other team offers more and they don't match well then I will blame the franchise not Wade. They SHOULD pay him what he can get.

Assuming they didn't draft Wade its likely that as a franchise they still wouldn't have a single Championship.

ManRam
05-28-2015, 07:32 PM
Wade has directly and indirectly been responsible for pretty much all the success that franchise has had.

If some other team offers more and they don't match well then I will blame the franchise not Wade. They SHOULD pay him what he can get.

Assuming they didn't draft Wade its likely that as a franchise they still wouldn't have a single Championship.

The Lakers recently paid Kobe for what he had done for them, not what he was worth. It worked out, well, poorly.

The shrewd business move is to sign a guy to a contract that you think is worth what he'll be worth while he's actually playing for it. That is: pay him for what he will be worth, not what he was worth. In the end, the name of the game is winning. If anyone should be "loyal" here, it's obviously the Heat. He has sacrificed money and now maybe is the time to reward him for that. But they certainly aren't obligated to. Sign him to a 5 year deal or something absurd and you might very well regret it and fans might very well not care about the stuff that he's done for them. And he has done a lot of "stuff", for sure. You've had tremendous success with him...it would be a shame for him to in any way at all become a liability down the road.

I'm obviously going to be more sympathetic to the player here, but overpaying for aging players is often a death knell in every single sport.

jerellh528
05-28-2015, 07:35 PM
The Lakers recently paid Kobe for what he had done for them, not what he was worth. It worked out, well, poorly.

The shrewd business move is to sign a guy to a contract that you think is worth what he'll be worth while he's actually playing for it. That is: pay him for what he will be worth, not what he was worth. In the end, the name of the game is winning. If anyone should be "loyal" here, it's obviously the Heat. He has sacrificed money and now maybe is the time to reward him for that. But they certainly aren't obligated to. Sign him to a 5 year deal or something absurd and you might very well regret it and fans might very well not care about the stuff that he's done for them. And he has done a lot of "stuff", for sure. You've had tremendous success with him...it would be a shame for him to in any way at all become a liability down the road.

I'm obviously going to be more sympathetic to the player here, but overpaying for aging players is often a death knell in every single sport.

Actually, it worked out great for us.

RubberBand Man
05-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Wade is gonna run to Cleveland.

JasonJohnHorn
05-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Not sure who would have the cap space and interest in him.

NY would have the space, and he'd be a popular edition, but I think the Mavs would be a better fit.

The Cavs would obviously be an interesting place, but I think the Cavs would have to work out a sign-and-trade and in that case they'd have to make it worth Miami's while. I'm not sure Shump and Smith would even cover it, so the might have to add somebody else.

Spurs would obviously be a great fit, but that is beyond a possibility if they are going after Gasol, unless Wade takes a huge pay cut, which is doubtful since the point of the current conflict that he wants a larger deal.

The Pelicans may have pieces that the Heat see as worth while and it would be interesting to see Wade with Davis. Likewise the Clippers would be amazing to watch with Wade, but the cap space and tradable assets simply aren't there.

I think Miami is the best fit for Wade in terms of winning and getting paid.

sep11ie
05-28-2015, 07:48 PM
He needs to go to Pheonix, they'll keep his broke down *** on the court.

cmellofan15
05-28-2015, 08:08 PM
I'd be disappointed if they gave him a Kobe contract to be a shell of himself. Let him walk if he wants to cry about not getting overpaid.

numba1CHANGsta
05-28-2015, 08:10 PM
Wade will go to the Cavs with his bed buddy LeBron

xxplayerxx23
05-28-2015, 08:25 PM
What's worse paying him his demands or letting him leave lol both seem terrible

Ty Fast
05-28-2015, 08:31 PM
Could Miami get Love for him?

2-ONE-5
05-28-2015, 08:38 PM
Wade probably just wants more money. The cap is rising after all.

But hey, I'll play along anyway.

http://replygif.net/i/135.gif

isnt he due like 20mil?

Raps18-19 Champ
05-28-2015, 08:40 PM
Actually, it worked out great for us.

Work out in the sense that he didn't do what he was paid for, even though there was still some positive by products that occurred.

king4day
05-28-2015, 09:25 PM
He needs to go to Pheonix, they'll keep his broke down *** on the court.

No way he'd come to Phoenix but I have no doubt McDonough is going to call if he does become a free agent.

hotdalton18
05-28-2015, 09:33 PM
Wades not leaving

Just a thing to put out to help him get more money

WaDe03
05-28-2015, 10:11 PM
Ethan Skolnick or however you spell his last name tweeted and said LA would be Wades preference if he were to leave. When asked which team in LA he said either of them.

blahblahyoutoo
05-28-2015, 11:15 PM
Wade is more valuable to Miami than he would be to any team on the open market. He is the face of that franchise. He doesn't hold max value as a player at this point, but I will be shocked if he doesn't work something out to stay in Miami.

co-signed.

Wade n Fade
05-28-2015, 11:55 PM
Wade isn't leaving. I wouldn't mind paying him a bit more to keep him, but if it's like $18-$20 mill per year or something unreasonable, I don't mind saying goodbye because all good things come to an end even if it's not retiring as a member of the Heat. If the Celtics let go of Pierce because of money, then anyone can get rid of a player under similar pretenses probably.

Redrum187
05-29-2015, 12:16 AM
He has kids to feed!

Dade County
05-29-2015, 12:25 AM

Wade had nothing to do with Sahq being traded here... Shaq didn't mind coming here because of Pat & Wade.

And this situation can be cleared up very is to me... Just offer him a 5yr contract averaging 13mil. He gets his money but just over a period of time.

c.c.
05-29-2015, 12:42 AM
He can back up Harden up in Houston
🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

TylerSL
05-29-2015, 12:55 AM
There is absolutely no way Dwyane Wade ever wears another uniform. He may threaten to test the market in free agency but there is no way the Heat simply let him walk. Wade has constantly sacrificed for this franchise and everyone knows that, and he will be compensated for that. From the Miami Heat's perspective that compensation could be in terms of dollars, but also it could be a chance to continue winning championships and building his legacy in the final years of his playing days, or even a place in the organization once he retires (ala Zo and Hardaway). Dwyane Wade will always have a place in this organization, he will not just be told "no" when he wants something and that be the end of it.

I understand Wade's perspective as well, due to his previous sacrifices he wants the organization to give him a good deal now as a final lucrative deal. He is 33 years old (will turn 34 during next season) and his value is declining every year. He had a productive season last year and he would easily be worth $16-18 million next year. However as it currently stands Miami is set to be well in the luxury tax again next year assuming we re-sign Dragic. Bringing Dragic back likely means our payroll exceeds $85 million for the 15-16 season (I think the luxury tax is $74 million). Giving Wade a bump on top of that would put us that much more into the tax.

It would be better for the organization if Wade took his $16 million next year, allowing us to bring Dragic back now and allowing us to retain flexibility for next summer. After next year (with Dragic re-signed) we will probably have close to $50 million in payroll going into free agency. That would allow us to be in the running for a max contract and bring back both Wade and Whiteside (though we would surely be in the tax). That's the organization's current goal and they probably do not want Wade jeopardizing that by demanding a new contract and raise right now.

However if push comes to shove Miami can unload McRoberts anytime and save almost 5.8 million in cap for 2016 and could potentially trade their #10 pick as well. Not saying they should but there are other ways to lower payroll going into 2016 than expecting Wade to take less. If Wade will not relent on a new 3 year contract that would be his final lucrative deal, both sides could compromise and it could be a front-loaded contract.

Miami is going to be in luxury tax no matter what next season and making Wade happy should be worth a couple more million in taxes next year. However his back loaded contract would allow the team flexibility moving forward, which is really all Pat Riley and company wants. So something like 3 years $54 million could work where he would see around $20 million next season, probably around $18 million in 16-17, and $16 million in 17-18. Yes that's overpaying, but the team would be able to retain the flexibility to go after a max contract in 2016 and would compensate Wade for all the sacrifices he has made. Going into the luxury tax should be seen as a small price for the potential of accomplishing our goals. Dwyane Wade has to be on the team for us to accomplish our goals. Dwyane Wade is not leaving.

BKLYNpigeon
05-29-2015, 12:58 AM
who cares.

numba1CHANGsta
05-29-2015, 01:08 AM
Ethan Skolnick or however you spell his last name tweeted and said LA would be Wades preference if he were to leave. When asked which team in LA he said either of them.

Most likely Clippers, def not Lakers, no way that ever happens unless he takes a pay cut, but if the Clippers re-sign Jordan then I see no way he goes to either LA team

WaDe03
05-29-2015, 01:29 AM
Most likely Clippers, def not Lakers, no way that ever happens unless he takes a pay cut, but if the Clippers re-sign Jordan then I see no way he goes to either LA team

It would be dumb for him to waste the last years of his career on the Lakers but the Clippers would take the next needed step if they got Wade. Idk how they could do it maybe a sign and trade of Jordan and Crawford for Wade and Whiteside or something. The Heat are the losers in that deal though so idk.

andy2518
05-29-2015, 03:32 AM
He can back up Harden up in Houston
🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

Right.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-29-2015, 04:07 AM
0% chance he leaves. I just hope the relationship between Wade and the organization isn't damaged. If push comes to shove, give Wade a back loaded deal worth 50 mil over 3 years. That way we retain our flexibility for next summer and he gets what he wants.

IBleedPurple
05-29-2015, 04:33 AM
i wil admit that if wade leaves i wont be a heat fan anymoreGlad you admitted the fluidity of your fandom. Sad to hear that nonsense.

sep11ie
05-29-2015, 05:26 AM
could miami get love for him?

lol

Vinny642
05-29-2015, 06:23 AM
a lot of over rating and overloving of Wade here

PhillyFaninLA
05-29-2015, 06:30 AM
For the record I am kidding with what is below....keep in mind with Love they are 5 million under the cap, without him 21 million under, and without taking haywoods option they can be 31 million under.....(EDIT: INVALID DATA, MISREAD CHART I LOOKED AT)

Irving, Wade, Lebron, Tristan Thomas, Love

or

Irving, Wade, Lebron, Tristan Thomas, Marcus Gasol

all coached by Thibs

beasted86
05-29-2015, 07:25 AM
Micky Arison should bite the bullet and pay a high luxury tax to overpay Wade for next year only. I'm not sure about the legality of how big a drop off you can have between years under the new CBA, but here's what I'm thinking...

I'd have him opt out of his current 1yr $16.1 and give him a raise to his max which is $22M for this next year, but then the following two seasons nose dive to maybe $13M each. That would essentially be a 3yr $48M extension.

It would give the HEAT cap flexibility in 2016 structuring the contract this way. The downside is between Dragic getting a raise at the same time, they would be like $10M over the luxury tax and pay their biggest tax bill in franchise history.

beasted86
05-29-2015, 07:31 AM
For the record I am kidding with what is below....keep in mind with Love they are 5 million under the cap, without him 21 million under, and without taking haywoods option they can be 31 million under

Irving, Wade, Lebron, Tristan Thomas, Love

or

Irving, Wade, Lebron, Tristan Thomas, Marcus Gasol

all coached by Thibs

Beyond whatever else you're talking about, the Cavs will not be at anytime under the cap in the near future. You're mistaken, badly.

Between Irving, LeBron, Love, Varejao, and JR Smith, those 5 players alone exceed this year's cap and next year's cap. You add in Thompson, Shumpert, and Mozgov, and this team will be in the tax even in 2016 when the cap jumps to $90M.

At no point in the near future will the Cavs have $5M, let alone $21 or 31M in cap space.

FYL_McVeezy
05-29-2015, 07:31 AM
This is posturing...

Wade IS Miami....literally....where is he gonna go?

Hardaway Here
05-29-2015, 08:13 AM
Yeah Wade isn't leaving so next topic

PhillyFaninLA
05-29-2015, 08:13 AM
edit - I was wrong, I misread the table I looked at

GiantsSwaGG
05-29-2015, 09:52 AM
The Heat should overpay Wade, he deserves it!

xxplayerxx23
05-29-2015, 10:16 AM
Yeah Wade isn't leaving so next topic

So you pay him the max?

WaDe03
05-29-2015, 01:57 PM
If Wade leaves so does Dragic and Deng, Whiteside also leaves the next year.

MonroeFAN
05-29-2015, 02:00 PM
If I were Miami I would pack his bags for him.

AllBall
05-29-2015, 09:07 PM
This is posturing...

Wade IS Miami....literally....where is he gonna go?

You're literally using that word wrong. Figuratively speaking, yes, Wade is Miami.

WaDe03
05-29-2015, 09:55 PM
I've seen Clippers, Cavs, Bulls, Celtics, Lakers, and Knicks.

WaDe03
05-31-2015, 03:17 PM
Frank Isola says the Miami media will be singing a different tune when Dwyane Wade is on the Knicks next season. Idk much about Isola, how do you Knicks fans feel about him?

xxplayerxx23
05-31-2015, 04:01 PM
Frank Isola says the Miami media will be singing a different tune when Dwyane Wade is on the Knicks next season. Idk much about Isola, how do you Knicks fans feel about him?

He's a dumb prick

Celticsfan2007
05-31-2015, 04:20 PM
Wade's going to CLE and Klove is leaving CLE. Book it.

Bruno
05-31-2015, 06:32 PM

how did it work out poorly the Lakers have the second pick in the draft? LAL wasn't contending for a championship last year no matter who came last summer. LAL displayed how they take care of their aging stars while getting a top lottery assets in the same season, a season that was lost no matter what.

koreancabbage
05-31-2015, 06:33 PM
You're literally using that word wrong. Figuratively speaking, yes, Wade is Miami.

LOL.

#thuglife

Ty22Mitchell
05-31-2015, 07:17 PM
Wade has sacrificed before but now he wants to get paid. How is MIA going to offer Dragic $20m per year and then turn around and ask Wade to take a pay cut yet AGAIN?

Tough situation for MIA, Wade has them by the balls. if they don't pay Wade and he leaves, does Dragic come back? That would not be a good team.

They might be forced to pay two more MAX deals to Dragic and Wade.

This is why I don't believe in players giving up money. If you want to take less money to win that's fine, but don't get mad afterwards. The time to cash in is "now." Idk what business pays employee for their old accomplishments. It'd be a bad business model. If there was a nod and a wink when Wade took the discount, then he's a sucker. Anyone who has watched 5 minutes of CNBC in the last decade knows all deals better be written down.

Stunner
06-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Disrespectful

@theScore: The Heat's initial offer to Dwyane Wade was reportedly UNDER $10 million per year. http://t.co/dc7UCSrvX9 http://t.co/FEGwGFJPBC

D-Leethal
06-02-2015, 07:14 PM

Understood but Wade did more than just play great for Miami - he is the best player in franchise history AND took huge paycuts in his prime that directly help produce championships. You don't think Riley promised him to get him back in return? Riley lost LeBron, gave Bosh a ton of money in desperation and traded a bunch of picks so he can give Dragic 20M and wants to short Wade again? It's a business but there is still reason for Wade to be pissed in this situation.

Well, that is Pat the Rat for ya.

D-Leethal
06-02-2015, 07:17 PM
And I think its more than just the relationship between the player and the front office that ticks off fans when they bolt, its a slap to the fans and the city as well.

I would leave if I was Wade though, Riley has no loyalty so Wade shouldn't either.

IKnowHoops
06-02-2015, 07:34 PM
I have no respect for Pat now. He convinced Wade to opt out of 2 years paying him like 22+ mill a year, and now is not willing to make it right. Wow. I thought it was so stupid for Wade to Opt out and now it shows why. Pat is a snake. Wade should leave and go somewhere else. I'd be done with Miami, and I'd talk bad about them to other players too. If Wade were to turn on the Miami front office aka Pat Riley, I think many NBA players would avoid going there.

WaDe03
06-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Disrespectful

@theScore: The Heat's initial offer to Dwyane Wade was reportedly UNDER $10 million per year. http://t.co/dc7UCSrvX9 http://t.co/FEGwGFJPBC

Exactly what I was about to say.

WaDe03
06-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Man under 10M a year? This may really be the end of the greatest athlete to ever play a sport in Miami. He's definitely leaving if they don't raise their offer.

Dade County
06-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Disrespectful

There is NO way that this could be true... lmao

It would be crazy if it is though.

The Heat have plenty of leverage.

But Wade has some, too. He needs to find just one team willing to pay him, and the Lakers serve as a believable threat.

I can understand why Wade wouldn’t want to accept fewer than $10 million per year. I also understand why the Heat would offer so little.

If he signs for multiple years, that cuts into their precious 2016 cap space. Of course, if Wade opts in and counts on them to pay him in 2016, this is a strong signal they won’t. What they give Wade for 2016-17 is money they can’t spend on other free agents like Durant.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=358682

SportsFanatic10
06-02-2015, 08:24 PM
ya another report of the offer being under 10m. if this is true i'm fully in wades corner on this one.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/02/report-heat-offered-dwyane-wade-under-10-million-per-season/

THE MTL
06-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Wade taken less money than James/Bosh in 2010 and took a bargain contract last season while freaking Bosh took the absolute max. Barring a contract 20mil+ per year, Wade should get whatever he wants.

KG2TB
06-02-2015, 08:54 PM
Wade isn't worth a big time long term investment. He can't play heavy minutes or 82 games. Things will only get worse, not better.

Stunner
06-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Wade isn't worth a big time long term investment. He can't play heavy minutes or 82 games. Things will only get worse, not better.

Not worth it but you can't say he's not owe it as much as he's given up for this franchise

SportsFanatic10
06-02-2015, 09:11 PM

Regardless of his perceived worth he should not be getting low balled like this. Under 10m is insulting towards him after he just opted out of 20m this year for 15 instead, and what would of been 21m next season. Wade has never been the highest paid player on the Heat in any season of his entire career. It's probably a little bothersome for him to watch Bosh grab the max and now Dragic will likely get around max as well. So the Heat are over the cap and might as well pay him more and take the tax hit. I think Miami can do better than an offer that's under 10m here considering his sacrifices and what he means to the franchise.

PHIN33
06-02-2015, 09:52 PM
... it's a possibility that if the Heat keep screwing around with Wade...Dragic might take note of this and walk ... I'm not sure he's a lock to stay anyway...then the Heat will have all kinds of cap space to pay Wade...Riles is playing a potentially dangerous game here...just opinion

WaDe03
06-02-2015, 10:35 PM
... it's a possibility that if the Heat keep screwing around with Wade...Dragic might take note of this and walk ... I'm not sure he's a lock to stay anyway...then the Heat will have all kinds of cap space to pay Wade...Riles is playing a potentially dangerous game here...just opinion

You're right I've been saying this too. If Wade leaves Dragic and Deng leave. It's just that simple.

smith&wesson
06-02-2015, 10:35 PM
Cavs

I see Love S&T for Wade + Bosh

Side deal, Cavs send other pieces to the Heat because you cant trade other players with the one you s&t...

WITZ
06-02-2015, 11:03 PM
Disrespectful

So much for the heat taking care of their own :laugh:

WaDe03
06-02-2015, 11:05 PM
I see Love S&T for Wade + Bosh

Side deal, Cavs send other pieces to the Heat because you cant trade other players with the one you s&t...

I could actually see this. Idk what they would trade for Bosh.

FlashBolt
06-02-2015, 11:13 PM
Sad to say this but Wade getting $10 million per year might be what he is actually worth. He misses around 20 games (1/4th the season), and when he does play, he's just okay. And as he gets older, you have to wonder if he'll be missing even more games. Wade getting that much money literally screws the team over. Wade+Bosh+One max player, is not enough to get out of the second round.

kubernetes
06-02-2015, 11:37 PM
It may make sense from the cap-sheet standpoint, but there's far more at stake. How the hell is Riley going to convince KD or any other superstar FA to sign? Wade is the greatest Heat player of all time and he's left money on the table *twice* to benefit the team. No star is going to join a team that's shown such a willingness to screw its own, not if he has other offers.

They don't have to pay him Kobe money, but something that's at least respectable and makes up some for his past sacrifice

KG2TB
06-03-2015, 12:37 AM
Not worth it but you can't say he's not owe it as much as he's given up for this franchise

I don't know about that. Wade is a big boy...if he took less money that's on him. Let's face it, the heat didn't even make the playoffs in a pretty weak eastern conference. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a huge pay day, especially considering his health. There is no loyalty in business. Anywhere. Not in sports and certainly not in the everyday corporate or worker bee world. I don't think wade is owed anything, personally. You're either worth the investment or you're not and personally, I don't think wade is at this point.

Stunner
06-03-2015, 12:50 AM
I don't know about that. Wade is a big boy...if he took less money that's on him. Let's face it, the heat didn't even make the playoffs in a pretty weak eastern conference. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a huge pay day, especially considering his health. There is no loyalty in business. Anywhere. Not in sports and certainly not in the everyday corporate or worker bee world. I don't think wade is owed anything, personally. You're either worth the investment or you're not and personally, I don't think wade is at this point.

Yes it's own him , he took less money to win a championship bro and prob got a personal assurance they would take care of him contract wise late . And yes they missed the playoffs but did you see their roster ? Players in and out the lineup were hurt and Bosh out of the year .

You say their isn't any loyalty in this business but this isn't any type of player , Wade is Miami . Yes I agree he shouldn't get a lot of money but what they're offering is embarrassing , he's worth more than that .

So no I don't really agree on your stance , especially if promises were made .

IKnowHoops
06-03-2015, 12:58 AM
Man under 10M a year? This may really be the end of the greatest athlete to ever play a sport in Miami. He's definitely leaving if they don't raise their offer.

Is he a better Athlete than Shawn Taylor or Ray Lewis?

KG2TB
06-03-2015, 01:00 AM
Yes it's own him , he took less money to win a championship bro and prob got a personal assurance they would take care of him contract wise late . And yes they missed the playoffs but did you see their roster ? Players in and out the lineup were hurt and Bosh out of the year .

You say their isn't any loyalty in this business but this isn't any type of player , Wade is Miami . Yes I agree he shouldn't get a lot of money but what they're offering is embarrassing , he's worth more than that .

So no I don't really agree on your stance , especially if promises were made .

How do you know promises were made? And if Boston made the playoffs there's no excuse for Miami to miss out. The heat are playing the game...they start low, wade starts high, and they hope to meet in the middle. I'm guessing the heat would settle on 12 mil per season and frankly, that's fair for him at this point of his career. Nobody put a gun to his head to take less money. The heat don't owe him anything. They need to look after the heat first and make sure they're in the best situation going forward.

IKnowHoops
06-03-2015, 01:07 AM
Wade should not of opted out. He should of got his money. Lesson to all nba players. This is a biz. Get your money.

IKnowHoops
06-03-2015, 01:11 AM
I could actually see this. Idk what they would trade for Bosh.

I can't see Bron wanting to take on Wade who is always hurt, and Bosh who is super soft, both aging, not to mention Bosh just had a blood clot, I just don't see Cleveland front office bringing in two guys like that for that money who won't start. I think both Shump and JR will get there crack at starting, and TT a rebounding machine will def start and he's gonna get paid. I think Cavs would try and flip K love for Durant not Wade and Bosh.

Teeboy1487
06-03-2015, 01:27 AM
Wade should not of opted out. He should of got his money. Lesson to all nba players. This is a biz. Get your money.

What a fool he is. All he did was pay for Lebron's greatness and trying to retain him. No way I leave millions on the table in the prime of my career. Simply idiotic.

WaDe03
06-03-2015, 01:34 AM
Yes idk if you're talking just athletic ability or what but I meant it as the most iconic sports figure Miami has ever had.

AllBall
06-03-2015, 01:36 AM

He can thank his buddy Lebron for not giving him a heads up to not opt out and leave $10 mil on the table.

The reports being thrown around are a load of BS.

Players under contract are not allowed to discuss numbers even with the team they are currently under contract with.

The only thing a team can legally say in accordance with the CBA is to ask whether a player intends to opt out or not.

If Wade was going to opt out, and he got low balled, why not just finish your remaining year at $16+ million and negotiate next year....oh, that's right, he realizes his health doesn't guarantee a next year. Apparently we turning into Aflac now.

WaDe03
06-03-2015, 01:58 AM
I can't see Bron wanting to take on Wade who is always hurt, and Bosh who is super soft, both aging, not to mention Bosh just had a blood clot, I just don't see Cleveland front office bringing in two guys like that for that money who won't start. I think both Shump and JR will get there crack at starting, and TT a rebounding machine will def start and he's gonna get paid. I think Cavs would try and flip K love for Durant not Wade and Bosh.

You can't see LeBron wanting to bring on his best friend and 2 guys he won 2 championships with and that he knows how to play with? Did you forget LeBron said on Christmas that if things don't get better him and Wade are going to team up and do big things again? He would definitely want to bring them on.

Won't start? Lmfao! Wade and Bosh would both start. Smith/Shumpert aren't anywhere near as good as Wade and the same goes for Thompson and Bosh. If Smith/Shumpert are both better than Wade and Thompson is better than Bosh then the Cavs should've went 82-0 this season and should sweep the Warriors in the finals. Wade averaged 22-4-5 just last season and people want to say he should come off the bench lol. The Cavs second option is Kyrie who is not better than Wade.

WITZ
06-03-2015, 02:16 AM
He can thank his buddy Lebron for not giving him a heads up to not opt out and leave $10 mil on the table.

Players under contract are not allowed to discuss numbers even with the team they are currently under contract with.

The only thing a team can legally say in accordance with the CBA is to ask whether a player intends to opt out or not.

If Wade was going to opt out, and he got low balled, why not just finish your remaining year at $16+ million and negotiate next year....oh, that's right, he realizes his health doesn't guarantee a next year. Apparently we turning into Aflac now.

:laugh2: you really think that rule is going to stop teams from discussing deals. If true then big lol because all we heard was Miami 1st class organization, they take care of their own etc... and now this lowball offer comes out lmao

DillyDill
06-03-2015, 02:27 AM
Wait did Wade really opt out already or this just rumors? Free agency hasn't started

Goose17
06-03-2015, 03:01 AM
Hmm... this would be a shame. I wanted to see Wade retire there.

IKnowHoops
06-03-2015, 03:26 AM

No, he knew what Bron was going to do. Blame Pat for doing him dirty now. Dude opted out after he knew what Bron was going to do. But lets just say he didn't know. Your gonna opt out and not even know if Bron is staying yet? And thats on Bron...lol...thats on Wade if that what happened. But again I dont buy that at all. What I think is that he had assurances from Pat that he would get all money that he left on the table, but now thats not happening. So Its all on Pat. Not Bron.

IKnowHoops
06-03-2015, 03:49 AM
You can't see LeBron wanting to bring on his best friend and 2 guys he won 2 championships with and that he knows how to play with? Did you forget LeBron said on Christmas that if things don't get better him and Wade are going to team up and do big things again? He would definitely want to bring them on.

Won't start? Lmfao! Wade and Bosh would both start. Smith/Shumpert aren't anywhere near as good as Wade and the same goes for Thompson and Bosh. If Smith/Shumpert are both better than Wade and Thompson is better than Bosh then the Cavs should've went 82-0 this season and should sweep the Warriors in the finals. Wade averaged 22-4-5 just last season and people want to say he should come off the bench lol. The Cavs second option is Kyrie who is not better than Wade.

Bosh can't rebound near what TT can. Lebron needs what TT does well far more than what Bosh does well. Bosh is super soft. Wade is always getting injured. If he was 100 percent healthy it would be a different story. And again, both Shumpert and JR shoot jumpsuits and 3's much better than Wade. So again its another skill set thing where Bron needs what Shumpert and JR do best far more than he needs what Wade does best. And he can count on those guys being healthy, he can't count on Wade. Yes Wade and Bosh are overall more talented, but with Lebron there is a lot of overlap, and redundancy in all three of there games. So at the end of the day, the fit is so much better with JR, Shump and TT, and the youth, the lack of injury, the defense...Shump is definitely at this stage a better defender than D Wade. Then there is management, I dont think management is going to want to do that at all. I don't think they want Bosh or and injury prone Wade. The certainly aren't going to pay him any more than Miami is willing to pay him...so I just don't see it happening. And if he wanted to play with them so much, he wouldn't of left them in Miami. And that embarrassment that he suffered at the hands of the Spurs, while the two of them could do nothing to help...I think he knows he can't count on them, and the money they would control would just put him back in the same position he was in, in miami...the situation he just left...so sorry, I dont think its happening. And things ended up working out great in cleveland for him. He's in the championship game, and he has more of a total team than he ever had in Miami, so I dont see it happening. Not at all.

IKnowHoops
06-03-2015, 03:56 AM

Wade is not better than Kyrie now! Kyrie dropped 50 twice this year. Wade can't do that anymore. Kyrie has a way better shot, way better handles, much quicker, and faster. Wade is not better than Kyrie. If he was better than Kyrie, then he would be getting paid more...but instead the organization that he gave his heart to, that he took a paycut for, that owes him, is trying to low ball him for 10 mill. And most likely no other team is going to pay him more than that. Wade is not better. And next year Bosh may not be better than TT. TT is probably the best offensive rebounder in the game. And because of his youth is much more explosive, he's definitely stronger, and is a better defender. Bosh has a better jumpshot, thats it, but for the money, TT is a much better deal. Nobody wants Bosh for that money today, and no one wants Wade for more than 10 mill a year. I like Wade and feel he deserves to be taken care of by the Heat, but no other team needs to give him more than 10 mill. I'd take him for 7 mill all day long. But it sucks cause you know he is going to miss a lot of games. Bron aint trying to deal with that anymore. He loves Wade I'm sure, but he's not carrying injured players anymore. He doesn't have the energy to do that.

kubernetes
06-03-2015, 04:02 AM
I don't know about that. Wade is a big boy...if he took less money that's on him. Let's face it, the heat didn't even make the playoffs in a pretty weak eastern conference. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a huge pay day, especially considering his health. There is no loyalty in business. Anywhere. Not in sports and certainly not in the everyday corporate or worker bee world.

Wade was loyal to the Heat. He could have taken off in his prime and said "Eff that, I'm getting paid max in a major market." Instead he stuck around and took less money to benefit the team. You say fine, that's on him for being stupid, but what it also means is that FAs will look at Riley's promises with skepticism, and future homegrown stars won't even consider taking a hometown discount. Wade is a hall of famer and hugely popular around the league-- you think other FAs aren't going to call him up and ask what's up in Miami?

Your stuff about loyalty is kind of true. It's certainly true in the worker bee corporate world, and it's true about role players and journeymen, but it's a bit different when you're talking about stars and superstars, a very very tiny pool of elite talent at the top of their profession. How you treat such people comes back to you, because these people are not dime-a-dozen commodities.

IKnowHoops
06-03-2015, 04:06 AM
Wade was loyal to the Heat. He could have taken off in his prime and said "Eff that, I'm getting paid max in a major market." Instead he stuck around and took less money to benefit the team. You say fine, that's on him for being stupid, but what it also means is that FAs will look at Riley's promises with skepticism, and future homegrown stars won't even consider taking a hometown discount. Wade is a hall of famer and hugely popular around the league-- you think other FAs aren't going to call him up and ask what's up in Miami?

Your stuff about loyalty is kind of true. It's certainly true in the worker bee corporate world, and it's true about role players and journeymen, but it's a bit different when you're talking about stars and superstars, a very very tiny pool of elite talent at the top of their profession. How you treat such people comes back to you, because these people are not dime-a-dozen commodities.

Agree 100%

cmellofan15
06-03-2015, 09:59 AM
You guys are all about narratives and feelings...don't pay him what he's not worth on the basketball court plain and simple. It's not like he's demanding big money elsewhere.

Vinylman
06-03-2015, 10:19 AM
At the end of the Day I doubt he opts out or if he does it will just be to sign another 2 year deal. Miami is low balling him so he won't opt out

All of it is moot though because Dwade in 2016/2017 will be irrelevant

Stunner
06-03-2015, 10:22 AM
@basketballtalk: Report: Dwyane Wade ‘would welcome’ a contract averaging $20 million annually over next three years http://t.co/v3lTD4eM4E

archdevil84
06-03-2015, 10:44 AM
give him something between 15 and 18 mil a year. should be enough. its ridiculous anyway that those athletes make so much money

mjarmentasr
06-03-2015, 10:51 AM

I think over time this is going to work in the Lakers favor. Miami is one of the big free agent destinations. But if they do Wade like this players are going to shy away from them. After all, Kobe was done, and the Lakers still paid him his "thanks for all you've done" contract. I think it was on purpose, for this very reason.

Vinylman
06-03-2015, 11:09 AM
give him something between 15 and 18 mil a year. should be enough. its ridiculous anyway that those athletes make so much money

He wants more though... If I was Wade it would be hard for me to stomach Dragic making more than me...

I could see him maybe doing $18 for 4 years with only $6 million guaranteed in year 4... can't really see him play that 4th year which means he really would get $60 over 3 years

2-ONE-5
06-03-2015, 12:05 PM
in what world is 16 mil not enough for a declining player who has played 52 and 62 games the last 2 years?????????????????????????????????????????????

Goose17
06-03-2015, 12:08 PM
@basketballtalk: Report: Dwyane Wade ‘would welcome’ a contract averaging $20 million annually over next three years http://t.co/v3lTD4eM4E

Lol I love the wording for that. Who wouldn't welcome that kind of contract?

WaDe03
06-03-2015, 12:12 PM
No, he knew what Bron was going to do. Blame Pat for doing him dirty now. Dude opted out after he knew what Bron was going to do. But lets just say he didn't know. Your gonna opt out and not even know if Bron is staying yet? And thats on Bron...lol...thats on Wade if that what happened. But again I dont buy that at all. What I think is that he had assurances from Pat that he would get all money that he left on the table, but now thats not happening. So Its all on Pat. Not Bron.

No he didn't know. You should know this you were a Heat fan last year. Wade opted out as well as Bosh to allow LeBron to get the max and they were going to take less in order to bring in another piece or 2 to help out the team. Remember the rumors that Pau Gasol wanted to come to Miami or we were looking to sign Lowry?

WaDe03
06-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Bosh can't rebound near what TT can. Lebron needs what TT does well far more than what Bosh does well. Bosh is super soft. Wade is always getting injured. If he was 100 percent healthy it would be a different story. And again, both Shumpert and JR shoot jumpsuits and 3's much better than Wade. So again its another skill set thing where Bron needs what Shumpert and JR do best far more than he needs what Wade does best. And he can count on those guys being healthy, he can't count on Wade. Yes Wade and Bosh are overall more talented, but with Lebron there is a lot of overlap, and redundancy in all three of there games. So at the end of the day, the fit is so much better with JR, Shump and TT, and the youth, the lack of injury, the defense...Shump is definitely at this stage a better defender than D Wade. Then there is management, I dont think management is going to want to do that at all. I don't think they want Bosh or and injury prone Wade. The certainly aren't going to pay him any more than Miami is willing to pay him...so I just don't see it happening. And if he wanted to play with them so much, he wouldn't of left them in Miami. And that embarrassment that he suffered at the hands of the Spurs, while the two of them could do nothing to help...I think he knows he can't count on them, and the money they would control would just put him back in the same position he was in, in miami...the situation he just left...so sorry, I dont think its happening. And things ended up working out great in cleveland for him. He's in the championship game, and he has more of a total team than he ever had in Miami, so I dont see it happening. Not at all.

I don't see it happening either but these players aren't better than Bosh or Wade. If they should do anything though it should be to try and get Wade and Whiteside instead of Bosh and use the money they'd give up getting Bosh for Whitesides free agency in 2016. None of this will happen though. Wade and one of Bosh or Whiteside would make the Cavs better.

I know you like to support LeBrons teammates but this is almost as bad as the time you were comparing Kobe and Beasley because Beasley shot a better % from the field.

WaDe03
06-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Wade is not better than Kyrie now! Kyrie dropped 50 twice this year. Wade can't do that anymore. Kyrie has a way better shot, way better handles, much quicker, and faster. Wade is not better than Kyrie. If he was better than Kyrie, then he would be getting paid more...but instead the organization that he gave his heart to, that he took a paycut for, that owes him, is trying to low ball him for 10 mill. And most likely no other team is going to pay him more than that. Wade is not better. And next year Bosh may not be better than TT. TT is probably the best offensive rebounder in the game. And because of his youth is much more explosive, he's definitely stronger, and is a better defender. Bosh has a better jumpshot, thats it, but for the money, TT is a much better deal. Nobody wants Bosh for that money today, and no one wants Wade for more than 10 mill a year. I like Wade and feel he deserves to be taken care of by the Heat, but no other team needs to give him more than 10 mill. I'd take him for 7 mill all day long. But it sucks cause you know he is going to miss a lot of games. Bron aint trying to deal with that anymore. He loves Wade I'm sure, but he's not carrying injured players anymore. He doesn't have the energy to do that.

Wade is better than Kyrie. They put up pretty much the same numbers but Wade is more effiecient and you would definitely trust him in big games more than you would Kyrie.

He wouldn't be carrying anyone if Wade misses any games you have JR to step in the starting lineup when he's out. Yes the team would take a hit with Wade out but they would still be good. Plus Wade may play more games next season than he has in awhile. The last time he had a summer break this long was in 07-08 and he came back with the best year of his career. He's already lost 12 pounds this summer so we'll have to wait and see.

There's no way any of this happens though I'd say.

WaDe03
06-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Lol I love the wording for that. Who wouldn't welcome that kind of contract?

I would love to welcome 20M lol.

Gagan136
06-03-2015, 12:31 PM
The Riley discounts seem to be all maxed out lol

cmellofan15
06-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Wade is better than Kyrie. They put up pretty much the same numbers but Wade is more effiecient and you would definitely trust him in big games more than you would Kyrie.

no, he isn't more efficient. Wades ts% dropped from a .588 to a .534 this year while Kyries went up from .533 to .583

and saying that you would trust wade in big games more is just pure opinion based on a bunch of nothing. the last time I saw wade in a big game, LeBron was shouldering the load while he was dragging Wade along.

He wouldn't be carrying anyone if Wade misses any games you have JR to step in the starting lineup when he's out.

so because someone can easily replace him it makes him better? that doesn't make sense

Yes the team would take a hit with Wade out but they would still be good. Plus Wade may play more games next season than he has in awhile.

i've heard this before lol

The last time he had a summer break this long was in 07-08 and he came back with the best year of his career. He's already lost 12 pounds this summer so we'll have to wait and see.

There's no way any of this happens though I'd say.

which was more than half of his career ago. I'm gonna take a shot and say that he won't be having that type of year again...

anyways, Kyrie is much better than Dwyane Wade at this point.

cvvh
06-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Can't see him opting out. He will probably opt in and go on from there.http://loanwebfast.com/green/images/62.gifhttp://insuranceautocars.com/insurance/images/37.gif

WaDe03
06-03-2015, 01:14 PM
no, he isn't more efficient. Wades ts% dropped from a .588 to a .534 this year while Kyries went up from .533 to .583

and saying that you would trust wade in big games more is just pure opinion based on a bunch of nothing. the last time I saw wade in a big game, LeBron was shouldering the load while he was dragging Wade along.

so because someone can easily replace him it makes him better? that doesn't make sense

i've heard this before lol

which was more than half of his career ago. I'm gonna take a shot and say that he won't be having that type of year again...

anyways, Kyrie is much better than Dwyane Wade at this point.

Trust him in big games as in he's led his team to a championship and has hit plenty of big shots in his career. The Spurs series he played on one knee and he didn't have any knee problems last year.

If he misses games they at least have someone decent to step in for him is what I was saying. Instead of someone like Douglas when he missed games for the Heat on his maintenance program in 2013-2014.

I'm not saying he's going to have another year like that again I'm just saying he actually has an offseason to work on his game and body a lot.

Kyrie is not better than Wade. Kyrie is easily one of the most overrated players in the league. They put up the same numbers while Irving played about 5 more minutes per game.

2-ONE-5
06-03-2015, 01:19 PM
how is 60 games (max) from Wade better than Irving?

TheIlladelph16
06-03-2015, 01:39 PM

It's not. Wade is not the player he once was and can't be counted on to give you more than 60 games. Kyrie will probably get to that point with all the injuries he is racking up though.

FlashBolt
06-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Wade wants $20m per year.. Well, he shouldn't be complaining when he loses.

WaDe03
06-03-2015, 02:56 PM

Well he played 62 last year so that's more than your max and the year before that he played 54 or whatever but that's because he was on that maintenance program and they wouldn't let him play a lot of games. He said it was frustrating because he could've played a lot more.

In the last 4 years:

Irving 256 games played

Wade 234 games played

That's not much of a difference at all especially for someone 10 or 11 years younger than Wade. If he didn't have the maintenance program in 2013-2014 it would be a lot closer.

FlashBolt
06-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Well he played 62 last year so that's more than your max and the year before that he played 54 or whatever but that's because he was on that maintenance program and they wouldn't let him play a lot of games. He said it was frustrating because he could've played a lot more.

In the last 4 years:

Irving 256 games played

Wade 234 games played

That's not much of a difference at all especially for someone 10 or 11 years younger than Wade. If he didn't have the maintenance program in 2013-2014 it would be a lot closer.

That's such a silly argument. You pay for the future and quite frankly, Wade's future is not as bright as Irving's.

2-ONE-5
06-03-2015, 03:14 PM

In the last 4 years:

Irving 256 games played

Wade 234 games played

the difference is age and wear/tear.

WaDe03
06-03-2015, 03:26 PM
We're not talking about pay or age and wear and tear were talking about who is currently better.

2-ONE-5
06-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Irving is currently better and that will remain so going forward. Wade dosent even deserve 16mil at this point

valade16
06-03-2015, 03:52 PM
We're not talking about pay or age and wear and tear were talking about who is currently better.

For next season I would want Irving.

FlashBolt
06-03-2015, 04:01 PM

Irving is already better... If you can't see that, then it has a lot to do with why your name includes Wade in it. Wade would be worth his contract if he could shoot. Let's face it, Wade is primarily a slasher and scores off his explosiveness. Granted, his explosiveness has been declining and at age 34, you have to wonder if he'll have any more juice in his moves.

WaDe03
06-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Irving is already better... If you can't see that, then it has a lot to do with why your name includes Wade in it. Wade would be worth his contract if he could shoot. Let's face it, Wade is primarily a slasher and scores off his explosiveness. Granted, his explosiveness has been declining and at age 34, you have to wonder if he'll have any more juice in his moves.

22-4-5 says that he still has juice.

2-ONE-5
06-03-2015, 04:17 PM
he cant put up those numbers in 82 games though. Also werent many scoring options on Miami this season

SportsFanatic10
06-03-2015, 05:27 PM
he cant put up those numbers in 82 games though. Also werent many scoring options on Miami this season

Wouldn't that make it more impressive that he was able to be the 3rd highest scorer in the conference while still shooting a solid 47% despite being the team's only reliable scoring threat. Also it means he did this while facing the oppositions best wing defender and double teams. Not what he once was, but far from done. He just needs some help is all to lighten the burden.

But for everyone saying Wade is only worth about 10m I have to laugh. I'd be happy if he'd take that for the sake of the team because it means there's more room for improvement to the roster next year, but I don't blame him for being insulted either. Riley threw the max at Bosh and is probably about to do the same with Dragic, but then Wade's supposed to take another huge pay cut? Right when the new TV deal is about to skyrocket the cap and many players are becoming extremely overpaid.

DillyDill
06-03-2015, 06:44 PM
Wade deserves that Kobe deal 15-20 Mill, he's made sacrifices for that organization.

Goose17
06-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Bare in mind a max deal for someone like Wade will be around 30 million per year once the cap spikes. (When I say "like Wade" I mean someone with the same years of experience. Not talking about his value to a team or skill or anything)

We really need to take all this into consideration when evaluating contracts. EVERYONE is going to be overpaid this year.

Guys coming off their rookie contracts in 2017 will be eligible for max deals of about 21 million per year.

15 million a year for Wade might look about right retrospectively. When McLemore and Burke could potentially be getting 21 million from some idiot (unlikely, but you know, worse has happened)

Doesn't matter what they pay them. The worst contract in the league still belongs to Agent Zero. I can't believe Orlando are STILL paying that guy. Off the books or not.

Vinylman
06-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Bare in mind a max deal for someone like Wade will be around 30 million per year once the cap spikes. (When I say "like Wade" I mean someone with the same years of experience. Not talking about his value to a team or skill or anything)

We really need to take all this into consideration when evaluating contracts. EVERYONE is going to be overpaid this year.

Guys coming off their rookie contracts in 2017 will be eligible for max deals of about 21 million per year.

15 million a year for Wade might look about right retrospectively. When McLemore and Burke could potentially be getting 21 million from some idiot (unlikely, but you know, worse has happened)

Doesn't matter what they pay them. The worst contract in the league still belongs to Agent Zero. I can't believe Orlando are STILL paying that guy. Off the books or not.

it is going to get real interesting once the players opt out of the current CBA in 2 years... it is common knowledge that the truly elite players are looking for the formula on max salaries to be eliminated. That means signing some guy for $20 million next year could be a major mistake because you will need $35-40 million to sign truly elite players under a new CBA.

IKnowHoops
06-03-2015, 09:49 PM
No matter how good you think Wade and Bosh are compared to Kyrie/JR/Shump/TT they aren't close to as good of a fit as those guys. Those guys do everything Lebron doesn't want to have to do, or is weak at...rebound and shoot 3's. Wade doesn't shoot 3's well, and Bosh doesn't rebound well. With Bosh and Wade there are to many chiefs and not enough indians. I don't think Miami last year was better than CLE this year.

WaDe03
06-03-2015, 10:21 PM
No matter how good you think Wade and Bosh are compared to Kyrie/JR/Shump/TT they aren't close to as good of a fit as those guys. Those guys do everything Lebron doesn't want to have to do, or is weak at...rebound and shoot 3's. Wade doesn't shoot 3's well, and Bosh doesn't rebound well. With Bosh and Wade there are to many chiefs and not enough indians. I don't think Miami last year was better than CLE this year.

Well of course you think CLE is better than last years Heat. You're going to think whatever team he's on is the best one yet. It's kind of like LeBron saying he's the best he's ever been which is completely false.

None of this matters because Wade won't go to Clevland, at least I hope. I can't stand watching players coast through the season like they did together and not care about anything. They were cocky as **** together and I can't stand all the side show **** LeBrons always doing looking for attention.

kubernetes
06-03-2015, 10:21 PM
It's not about paying Wade what you think he's worth, it's about taking care of the face of the franchise. Wade is hugely respected around the league and other stars will take note of that insulting offer (You don't think it's insulting? Look at the reaction here, and these are just fans. Imagine what players think.).

Riley is playing with fire here. Look at what the future holds. Salary caps are about to explode, and if the last five years taught us anything, it's that stars and superstars are prerequisites to a championship. No one is going to go down the Hawks' route in the future. Competition for free agents is about to get even more fierce. Turning your team into a no-go destination for FAs in order to save $5mill a year? Wtf.

AllBall
06-03-2015, 10:37 PM
:laugh2: you really think that rule is going to stop teams from discussing deals. If true then big lol because all we heard was Miami 1st class organization, they take care of their own etc... and now this lowball offer comes out lmao

The point being made is that HE IS NOT A FREE AGENT. He is still under contract, so this is a load of crap because its NOT a team option, its a PLAYER option. So he can still get $16+ million for next season if he doesn't opt out.

Wait did Wade really opt out already or this just rumors? Free agency hasn't started

He hasn't, he's just making it known he does not want to wait 1 more year .

You're saying he knew Lebron was going to go to leave the team and still opted out? If that were the case Wade would have had better players surrounding him that could have been had during that summer and but the team was left to scramble at the last minute. Instead he did not know and Lebron left him high and dry.

I think over time this is going to work in the Lakers favor. Miami is one of the big free agent destinations. But if they do Wade like this players are going to shy away from them. After all, Kobe was done, and the Lakers still paid him his "thanks for all you've done" contract. I think it was on purpose, for this very reason.

He could still get one of those going away contracts, he just doesn't want to wait 1 more year for that to happen, which leads me to believe he plans to be out even more next season.

IKnowHoops
06-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Well of course you think CLE is better than last years Heat. You're going to think whatever team he's on is the best one yet. It's kind of like LeBron saying he's the best he's ever been which is completely false.

None of this matters because Wade won't go to Clevland, at least I hope. I can't stand watching players coast through the season like they did together and not care about anything. They were cocky as **** together and I can't stand all the side show **** LeBrons always doing looking for attention.

Not at all. I can be objective about it. Its common sense though. Bron and Wade have the same game. They like to do the same things, and they both took away from each other. Same with Bosh. How often did we hear that Bosh wasn't getting the touches he needs to be that max player next to Bron. How often did we hear, D Wades production is lower because he has to defer to Bron so much. Now look at JR and Shump. They are not suffering at all. They are happy with there touches, and get tons of wide open shots because they both love to camp outside the arc. Tristen loves to just sit under the rim and rebound all of Bron's misses. Did Bosh do that? No! All of his stats went down playing next to Bron and Wade. Tristen gets to do what he does best next to Bron. JR and Shump get to do what they do best next to Bron. Wade and Bosh were not afforded that luxury. Thats not me playing favorites...thats common sense.

SportsFanatic10
06-03-2015, 11:51 PM

Why would he opt out after Lebron left? He did so before, it only makes sense. Wade says he only knew the night before Lebron announced it and that Lebron hadn't even said anything he could just tell by his body langue.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24646251/dwyane-wade-knew-on-flight-with-lebron-james-he-was-headed-back-to-cleveland

And I see no reason to doubt that story since the Heat also appeared to be very caught of guard and had to scramble to fill in the roster in the aftermath. Why wouldn't Wade have told the Heat if he knew for sure before hand so that they could go after other contingency free agents. What he did after Lebron left was sign a cheaper deal for 5m less to allow the Heat (who were then operating under the cap all of a sudden) to sign Deng.

kobe4thewinbang
06-04-2015, 01:53 AM
Wade wants twenty million--ha! After only playing 61 games in his worst season by far statistically.

IKnowHoops
06-04-2015, 04:18 AM
Why would he opt out after Lebron left? He did so before, it only makes sense. Wade says he only knew the night before Lebron announced it and that Lebron hadn't even said anything he could just tell by his body langue.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24646251/dwyane-wade-knew-on-flight-with-lebron-james-he-was-headed-back-to-cleveland

And I see no reason to doubt that story since the Heat also appeared to be very caught of guard and had to scramble to fill in the roster in the aftermath. Why wouldn't Wade have told the Heat if he knew for sure before hand so that they could go after other contingency free agents. What he did after Lebron left was sign a cheaper deal for 5m less to allow the Heat (who were then operating under the cap all of a sudden) to sign Deng.

But why opt out if your not sure? Why not wait to find out first? Common guys, if he opted out before he knew what Bron was going to do, then he was going to opt out regardless of the situation to help the team. And this just furthers that I believe Pat told him in so many words, that they would take care of him.

archdevil84
06-04-2015, 05:59 AM
Not at all. I can be objective about it. Its common sense though. Bron and Wade have the same game. They like to do the same things, and they both took away from each other. Same with Bosh. How often did we hear that Bosh wasn't getting the touches he needs to be that max player next to Bron. How often did we hear, D Wades production is lower because he has to defer to Bron so much. Now look at JR and Shump. They are not suffering at all. They are happy with there touches, and get tons of wide open shots because they both love to camp outside the arc. Tristen loves to just sit under the rim and rebound all of Bron's misses. Did Bosh do that? No! All of his stats went down playing next to Bron and Wade. Tristen gets to do what he does best next to Bron. JR and Shump get to do what they do best next to Bron. Wade and Bosh were not afforded that luxury. Thats not me playing favorites...thats common sense.

i agree with this. why do people think bosh developed that 3 point shot so much? its because it allowed him to fir better next to lebron

WaDe03
06-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Wade just followed the Cavs on Instagram. Let the conspiracy theories begin!

Stunner
06-11-2015, 11:37 AM
@basketballtalk: Report: Dwayne Wade’s friend telling people Heat offered guard $36 million over next three years http://t.co/rc3EqYFGeK

Minimal
06-11-2015, 11:45 AM
@basketballtalk: Report: Dwayne Wade’s friend telling people Heat offered guard $36 million over next three years http://t.co/rc3EqYFGeK
For all the sacrifices he has done to the franchise he is worth much more than that. IDK what the hell Riley thinking if that is true. All business I guess for Riley.

NYKnickFanatic
06-11-2015, 11:57 AM
Wade just followed the Cavs on Instagram. Let the conspiracy theories begin!

Wouldn't be surprised. Him doing the pre/post game in CLE, he is loving it.

2-ONE-5
06-11-2015, 12:09 PM
For all the sacrifices he has done to the franchise he is worth much more than that. IDK what the hell Riley thinking if that is true. All business I guess for Riley.

how is he worth more? he isnt a draw anymore with his limited games and mins played, that offer is prob right in line with what he produces in terms of games played and mins. The team is trying to win and paying Wade 20+ mil hamstrings them on making the team any better. He also has enough money for 20 lifetimes between what he has already made and continues to make though sponsors. Dirk and Duncan make 10mil each so the teams could compete while Kobe took 35mil to watch his team suffer bcuz they were strapped.

buck4493
06-11-2015, 01:15 PM
dont really care what wade would want, i would move on if i was Miami. They did more than enough for the guy, and he plays what about 60 games now??

Its best for both parties.

That being said if i was wade i would tell riley if you want me to stay look at what Bosh is making and give me 1 million dollars more.

That bosh contract was unreal bad

Dade County
06-11-2015, 01:39 PM
I don't think Wade understands what can happen here.

If he tries to push Riley in a corner, whats stopping him from trading Bosh & there 1st rd 10pick for a more friendly contract (still getting a star player back); and then saying ok, here you go Wade, here is 4yrs 64Mil.

No all the pressure will be on him, Miami can just say that in order to pay Wade we had to move bush; now take the money you wanted and retire a HEAT.

I think, a combo deal of Bosh, 1st rd 10th pick, BirdMan, Rio can get a player that people might not think is on the trading block (and a friendly contract as of right now).

buck4493
06-11-2015, 01:43 PM
if riley could trade bosh he should do it without even thinking about it. That contract will haunt them.

That guy should thank james everyday for that deal. He did NOTHING in toronto to lead his team anywhere. Now he gets a ridiculous deal.

They were sub .500 before his health situation--and hopefully all is ok on that front.