PDA

View Full Version : Kobe leads NBA in Eliminating most 50-Win Teams in Post-Season

Pages : 1 [2]

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Yea 2v2 was what I was envisioning

Shaq is unstoppable. Pairing him with any great guard and it's over.

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 11:57 AM
really? I am not on other message boards, but I can't imagine they aren't all similar.
I'm talking about real life buddy

SirSkyHook
06-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Its funny no one mentions Shaq would have to come out to guard Dirk and if he does Kobe would play like Shaq against Nash.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 12:39 PM
I'm talking about real life buddy

the general public doesn't care enough about sports to really dig in, study it, the numbers, the history, nor watch enough. They just go by public perception.

What you call hate, is what another may call realistic. Goes for any player, not just Kobe.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 12:40 PM
Its funny no one mentions Shaq would have to come out to guard Dirk and if he does Kobe would play like Shaq against Nash.

point is, Shaq is not being stopped. Ever. Not once could Dirk stop him from a dunk or layup.

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 12:41 PM
the general public doesn't care enough about sports to really dig in, study it, the numbers, the history, nor watch enough. They just go by public perception.

What you call hate, is what another may call realistic. Goes for any player, not just Kobe.
Yea maybe, but anybody can manipulate numbers to make one player better than the next then redicule everyone for not believing in the formula. I bet if Atlanta had a healthy melo, they would have beaten the cavs. Tell advance stats to kick rocks

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Yea maybe, but anybody can manipulate numbers to make one player better than the next then redicule everyone for not believing in the formula. I bet if Atlanta had a healthy melo, they would have beaten the cavs. Tell advance stats to kick rocks

Melo doesn't suck though, his stats just show us (and eye test) that he is by no means a superstar player.

And I have said it 100 times, anyone throwing out a single stat, or trying to paint a picture of a player as a whole with a stat or two is not even worth talking with. You can't define a player by A stat. That stat represents something, but so do all of them. And even those stats then need to be used in context, by someone who actually watches the games, and has a fundamental understanding of basketball.

So if a dude on the street says, "LeBron is better than Kobe, look at his PER", just laugh at him and move on.