PDA

View Full Version : Curry will beat all other 4 all nba first teammates if GSW wins the championship

JordansBulls
05-28-2015, 02:37 PM
Curry will beat all other 4 all nba first teammates if GSW wins the championship
http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/all_league.html

1st round knockout : Davis
2nd round knockout : Gasol
3nd round knockout : Harden
final round: Lebron?

This would not have happened before either since Lebron really was the only one in the East who even finished in the top 12 in MVP voting.

Hawkeye15
05-28-2015, 02:44 PM
you mean along with the DPOY, a SG who averaged almost 22 a night, a center who made 2nd team all defense, and a bench that has 2 former all stars who are 30-31 on it?

When a team wins 67 games, they have a boss roster. Sure Curry is the top dog, but I bet ya all those other 1st team all NBA players he is beating all by himself sure would like his roster compared to theirs...

All that being said, I love Curry. I just hate how so many mix up the individual/team thing religiously.

FlashBolt
05-28-2015, 03:04 PM
So we're just going to pretend he doesn't have four DPOY candidates, an incredible bench, the 2nd best shooter on his team, and also, went up against a Pelicans/Houston team which everyone knew was going to be a five game series at most and a Memphis team that lost their PG?

L8kers4life
05-28-2015, 03:46 PM
I think most of us understand he has a great team, but lets not get it twisted, this is the first time GS has been to the finals since the 70's, this team before this year was unproven, the fact that they made it this far and have a chance to win a title is still a big accomplishment. Its just like the argument for LeBron going to 5 straight finals, sure the conference he plays in is weak, but it is still an amazing accomplishment..

Hawkeye15
05-28-2015, 03:50 PM
I think most of us understand he has a great team, but lets not get it twisted, this is the first time GS has been to the finals since the 70's, this team before this year was unproven, the fact that they made it this far and have a chance to win a title is still a big accomplishment. Its just like the argument for LeBron going to 5 straight finals, sure the conference he plays in is weak, but it is still an amazing accomplishment..

Yeah, GS was awesome this year. One of the top 5-10 teams ever in the regular season. But he didn't beat them, his team did. He just happens to be the top dog on his machine of a team.

Tony_Starks
05-28-2015, 04:03 PM

Its a incredible accomplishment. GS has a great team but he is the main reason why this historic feat is even possible.

That's the true definition of being the best is when you can beat the best. To do that every single round including the Finals deserves major props for Steph, I don't care who's on his team.

Bron > Kobe
05-28-2015, 04:13 PM
As much as I love Lebron, I'll be the first to admit that his road to the finals every year is a cakewalk, so for me that plays a role when determining his legacy. His Heat teams were stacked like the Warriors. Curry is the league MVP on the best team in the league. Your team has to be stacked in the west to compete. All the top teams were stacked imo except the Clippers, who were top heavy.

Tony_Starks
05-28-2015, 04:16 PM
So we're just going to pretend he doesn't have four DPOY candidates, an incredible bench, the 2nd best shooter on his team, and also, went up against a Pelicans/Houston team which everyone knew was going to be a five game series at most and a Memphis team that lost their PG?

Memphis had a 1st team all NBA, 1st team all defense, current and past Allstars and 6th man of the year candidates.....

So what? We can run down the resume of the Clippers or Spurs they're just as impressive too.

Still doesn't take away that Steph is the engine that makes the Dubs go. They'd be just another good team without him instead of potential champs....

KnicksorBust
05-28-2015, 05:50 PM
Curry will beat all other 4 all nba first teammates if GSW wins the championship
http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/all_league.html

1st round knockout : Davis
2nd round knockout : Gasol
3nd round knockout : Harden
final round: Lebron?

This would not have happened before either since Lebron really was the only one in the East who even finished in the top 12 in MVP voting.

Did you read this somewhere or catch it yourself?

ewing
05-28-2015, 06:41 PM
So?

Saddletramp
05-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Did you read this somewhere or catch it yourself?

Tredigs was talking about this a week or two ago. Not sure if he saw it somewhere or realized it himself.

But yeah, it's a team sport and they have the best team. Saying that it's Curry running over the rest of the First Teamers is somewhat disrespectful to his teammates.

I can maybe see it if Harden or LeBron did it as their teams are less loaded, but the Warriors have been the best team as a collective all year.

EDIT: I take that back, it'd be disrespectful no matter who it's about.

Chronz
05-29-2015, 09:56 AM
neat?

ewing
05-29-2015, 10:16 AM
if he wins the championship and then beat those 4 guys in a game of one on four, i will be impressed