PDA

View Full Version : Love to Boston? "Real chance"

Stunner
05-28-2015, 11:53 AM
@MySportsLegion: Kevin Love signing with the Celtics this summer is a "real, legitimate possibility" according to Y! Sports. (h/t @celticsblog)

bucketss
05-28-2015, 12:41 PM
so he can playing with the dude who dislocated his shoulder.

Corey
05-28-2015, 12:42 PM
I dont want him in Boston.

FlashBolt
05-28-2015, 01:33 PM
I think no one wants him other than rebuilding teams. If I'm the Cavs, I would offer him a crappy contract and move on. I think with TT's surge and with Andy coming back (people forget Andy is one of the best offensive rebounders and a much better defender than Love), there really is no need for Love anymore. He seems like he doesn't fit with this team and can cause chemistry issues. Like I said many times, Love is a great player but I don't think he can take it upon himself to be like Bosh. Andy+TT would dominate any frontcourt in rebounding, tbh. That's just two motors who can grab 8 ORPG on any given night while also providing toughness that Love can't. Not even forgetting Mosgov here.. this guy can play 25 minutes and be paired with Tristan/Varejao beautifully.

Hawkeye15
05-28-2015, 01:52 PM
The problem with Love is, when that kind of a guy plays with 2 very ball dominant players, his worth is just nullified. I mean, his biggest value was floor spacing. This from an all NBA all star who had one of the top 3 stat lines over a couple year period. You just don't pay a guy who, as good as he is, can't be fully maxed out on his production due to structure. Better off using that extra money to sign shooters/depth.

He is better off going somewhere that has more of a team concept, and open style. I do think Boston would be an alright scenario for him, they have an excellent coach who could figure out how to use him.

Unfortunately for Love, his words, body language, and actions are kind of painting a picture of an spoiled kid who can't figure out what he wants. Want to be the man? Well, you aren't #1 material. Want to win? Well that means numbers take a hit. Pick what you want already.

GiantsSwaGG
05-28-2015, 02:04 PM
I pray he signs with the Celtics

FlashBolt
05-28-2015, 02:05 PM
The problem with Love is, when that kind of a guy plays with 2 very ball dominant players, his worth is just nullified. I mean, his biggest value was floor spacing. This from an all NBA all star who had one of the top 3 stat lines over a couple year period. You just don't pay a guy who, as good as he is, can't be fully maxed out on his production due to structure. Better off using that extra money to sign shooters/depth.

He is better off going somewhere that has more of a team concept, and open style. I do think Boston would be an alright scenario for him, they have an excellent coach who could figure out how to use him.

Unfortunately for Love, his words, body language, and actions are kind of painting a picture of an spoiled kid who can't figure out what he wants. Want to be the man? Well, you aren't #1 material. Want to win? Well that means numbers take a hit. Pick what you want already.

Spot on. And I think what made Bosh so important was the fact that not only could he space the floor, but he was all about the team. I don't think Bosh ever gave the impression that he didn't enjoy the team. And when it matters, Bosh stepped up. He made big plays, improved his defense, and understood his role. Love has yet to do any of that with this team and it's crazy that they are playing their best without him. It could work but it starts with Love finding his place and how he wants to finish his career.

BoSox47
05-28-2015, 02:08 PM
I dont want him in Boston.

I second this, don't want him in boston. He is weak mentally. Rather give that max contract to someone else.

Edit: Would still need a rim protector if they signed him too.

Minimal
05-28-2015, 03:06 PM
Spot on. And I think what made Bosh so important was the fact that not only could he space the floor, but he was all about the team. I don't think Bosh ever gave the impression that he didn't enjoy the team. And when it matters, Bosh stepped up. He made big plays, improved his defense, and understood his role. Love has yet to do any of that with this team and it's crazy that they are playing their best without him. It could work but it starts with Love finding his place and how he wants to finish his career.
The main reason Bosh worked is because Bosh is a great defender, Love is a bad defender and an awful rim protector. Bosh is also much more mobile than love.

I'm just really curious that he is injured, but he only was like on 2 cavs games. Where the hell has he been? You show support to your team if you are injured.

D-Leethal
05-28-2015, 03:15 PM
Yea Bosh kept quiet on offense even when he was getting ~5 touches a night, and he stepped up his D big time and also had the length to play long stretches at C. Love can't or won't do any of those things. Probably helps that Bosh was good buddy's with LeBron and DWade whereas Love doesn't seem to be "one of the boys".

Stunner
05-29-2015, 08:21 AM
@basketballtalk: Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible http://t.co/rHC1ObNMBB

koreancabbage
05-29-2015, 08:31 AM
I think he will do just as well or slightly worse if he went to the Rockets. They are the only team with a rim protector that compliments his style of play- of course, he would be 3rd fiddle there as well.

xbrackattackx
05-29-2015, 09:11 AM
As long as the Lakers don't sign Love or Rondo this off season I am happy. I have a feeling Mitch is gonna eff up the rebuild by trading Hill(which I don't mind) Randle,Clarkson and our picks for old veterans.

Rondo
Kobe
Swag P
Love
E.Davis

Ewwwe. Would much rather have the slow burn of rebuilding.

Clarkson
Kobe
FA in a dream world Middleton or Harris. Since Magic might draft his replacement. Magic should be sick next year anyways!
Randle
Towns/Oka

Avenged
05-29-2015, 09:28 AM
Just stay away from the Lakers please.

Ty22Mitchell
05-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Love is really good. The problem is, if I'm a GM wgt would I want to sign a guy who walked away from a winning team after one year because he wasn't "the guy." This isn't Kobe wanting to succeed on his own after 4 finals and 3 rings, this is a guy who has no history of winning. Why would I risk building my team around him if he doesn't seem to have that kind of resolve.

As far as the Cavs, why would they pay him a max contract after the kind of year Thompson had? It's like choosing between a pair of 100 dollar nikes (T.T.) and 200 dollar pair jordans (KL). Are Jordans really 50% better, or are you just paying a mark up to feel like a "Superstar?"

Htownballa1622
05-29-2015, 10:12 AM
I think he will do just as well or slightly worse if he went to the Rockets. They are the only team with a rim protector that compliments his style of play- of course, he would be 3rd fiddle there as well.

I think he'd be a legitimate second option here to where dwight can just clean up the offensive put backs and pnrs (so we can go away from post ups)

If we got love and an attacking, creating pg then that could be good.

ewing
05-29-2015, 10:25 AM

i agree with everything in this post.

rockets-fan
05-29-2015, 02:38 PM
There is no way to add Love to the Rockets. Would it be ideal? Yes, he's the second scorer we need, but there is no possible way get that going on.

Bev/Johnson
Harden/Terry
Ariza/KJ McDaniels
Love/Smith
Howard/Capela

This is assuming we move Dorsey,T Jones, let Brewer,prigioni walk, sign Terry and smith to minimum deals, Live takes a paycut, and on top of all that, Morey has to be a wizard...

Looks like LA or Boston for Love

koreancabbage
05-29-2015, 03:04 PM
I think he'd be a legitimate second option here to where dwight can just clean up the offensive put backs and pnrs (so we can go away from post ups)

If we got love and an attacking, creating pg then that could be good.

na you have Harden who does that. You need a pg that can move the ball and shoot the 3 and defend.

Ty22Mitchell
05-29-2015, 03:12 PM
na you have Harden who does that. You need a pg that can move the ball and shoot the 3 and defend.

Serious question. What/who do you put next to Harden? I don't watch the Rockets often, but every time I do I always see him dribbling for 10 seconds before making an exceedingly difficult drive to the basket.

Stunner
05-29-2015, 03:39 PM
Love and Moz for Howard ?

Htownballa1622
05-29-2015, 04:01 PM

You just described a good version of Beverly. We definitely need a secondary playmaker.

Someone to break down the opposing defense.

beasted86
05-29-2015, 04:18 PM
Only non rebuilding team I see him as a good fit that takes them up a notch is Atlanta.

He is like 2-3 times the talent that Millsap is. He could do his job sooooo much better. Also helps their seriously deficient rebounding problems. Millsap is an equally poor defender in my opinion.

They have roughly $24M in cap space to keep Carroll and sign Love. It could work. They could move one of their small contracts if needed.

king4day
05-29-2015, 04:32 PM
If the Cavs win this year it may not be seen as a big deal but they can't lose this guy. Re-sign him for max and trade him later. They lost Wiggins for this guy. What a mega waste if they lose Love for nothing. IMO that's a major setback in terms of keeping the team competitive and retaining assets.

Lakers + Giants
05-29-2015, 04:38 PM

This, and I wanted him badly just last offseason. Now I just want a Okafor/Towns+Randle front court.

HoopsDrive
05-29-2015, 05:03 PM
If the Cavs win this year it may not be seen as a big deal but they can't lose this guy. Re-sign him for max and trade him later. They lost Wiggins for this guy. What a mega waste if they lose Love for nothing. IMO that's a major setback in terms of keeping the team competitive and retaining assets.

Agreed. You gotta re-sign the guy because they traded Wiggins for him, then later down the road you trade him for something, anything really. You just don't let him walk away like that after you traded a #1 pick the prior season.

Regardless of how good one perceives Love to be or Wiggins' potential, to just let him walk out after one season in exchange for a #1 pick seems like the dumbest idea ever. Especially when you consider the fact that Cavs are in the finals having played virtually the entire playoffs without Love.

Tony_Starks
05-29-2015, 06:10 PM
As a Laker fan PLEASE let him go to Boston! That plus our draft pick makes for a fantastic summer!

Ty22Mitchell
05-29-2015, 08:59 PM
As a Laker fan PLEASE let him go to Boston! That plus our draft pick makes for a fantastic summer!

Agreed. If Mitch and company knew what Julius was capable of, then MAYBE they take a gamble on Kevin. Kevin and the Lakers just aren't a good fit right now.

KnicksorBust
05-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Only non rebuilding team I see him as a good fit that takes them up a notch is Atlanta.

He is like 2-3 times the talent that Millsap is. He could do his job sooooo much better. Also helps their seriously deficient rebounding problems. Millsap is an equally poor defender in my opinion.

They have roughly $24M in cap space to keep Carroll and sign Love. It could work. They could move one of their small contracts if needed.

Based on what math? Carroll is +10mil .

Tony_Starks
05-29-2015, 09:13 PM

Agreed. If Mitch and company knew what Julius was capable of, then MAYBE they take a gamble on Kevin. Kevin and the Lakers just aren't a good fit right now.

As bad as Jimmy is I'm just optimistic he isn't out to lunch enough to Max Love out.

You never know though, this is the guy that told Phil to buzz off at midnight so DAntoni could start the "new Showtime."

KnicksorBust
05-29-2015, 09:37 PM
If the Knicks weren't such a disasterous fit for love I would start to think he is being underrated. Still say he sticks in Cle.

beasted86
05-29-2015, 10:41 PM
Based on what math? Carroll is +10mil .

Carroll is not worth $10M+. If that's really what he wants, let him walk. He's worth the same contract Ariza signed 4yr/32. I wouldn't pay one cent more as a GM. His defensive impact was exposed in the conference final.

But anyway, it's rough math. But seems like they could move a small contract like Thabo ($4M x 2 yr) or Mike Scott ($3.3M x 1 yr) and pay Carroll $7M starting and rising (still average $32M over the 4 years), and Love $20M.

Millsap is seeking a max apparently ($18.9M for him) and he's just not worth it. If I'm faced with paying him that or paying Love a few more it's not a question.

Ty Fast
05-29-2015, 11:27 PM
How bout Minny. Draft KAT #1 and sign Love.
KAT
Love
Wiggins
Martin
Rubio

apocalypse15
05-29-2015, 11:55 PM
I think the Cavs need to sign him no matter what. Maybe even a sign and trade if that is possible? To give up 2 number 1 picks to just let the guy you traded for walk after one season would be awful. Personally I wouldn't want him in Boston but then again I think he would be a different player in Boston than he is in Cleveland.

BKLYNpigeon
05-30-2015, 12:05 AM
Love was injured all year

Playing in a system that doesn't fit him

Deferring to Lebron and Kyrie.

and still managed to average 16 points, 10 rebounds.

he's a perfect fit in Houston.

lol, please
05-30-2015, 01:23 AM
I hope this is true. Celtics are like the Packers and 9ers in that they must be contending every season or everything just ain't right in the league. Cornerstone franchise. Go Celtics!

ewing
05-30-2015, 01:31 AM
I actually think he fits really good in Boston. I don't know how good he makes them but he could have a featured role, fit nicely, win some games, and most importantly entertain me. His post ability and passing/play making ability are things won't see the light of day in Clev. I think he stays but i like this move for love. Take the challenge.

Tony_Starks
05-30-2015, 01:36 AM
I actually think he fits really good in Boston. I don't know how good he makes them but he could have a featured role, fit nicely, win some games, and most importantly entertain me. His post ability and passing/play making ability are things won't see the light of day in Clev. I think he stays but i like this move for love. Take the challenge.

Boston actually is a nice fit for him. He gets to be the man on a talented up and coming young squad and the east is so horrible he still gets to make the playoffs and make a little noise.

Best of both worlds for him, unless he actually cares about rings....

ewing
05-30-2015, 01:41 AM
Boston actually is a nice fit for him. He gets to be the man on a talented up and coming young squad and the east is so horrible he still gets to make the playoffs and make a little noise.

Best of both worlds for him, unless he actually cares about rings....

one dude is taking all the credit for those rings.

TDE
05-30-2015, 04:42 AM
"Tristan should probably be a Cavalier for his whole career," James said, via CBSSports.com. "This guy is 24 years old, he's played in 340-plus straight games, and he's gotten better every single season. It's almost like 'What more can you ask out of a guy? He's a young guy, but he's a professional that loves to come to work every day. He plays his heart out every single night, and he has zero sense of entitlement in this league. All he cares about is coming into work. Whatever is given to him, he relishes the opportunity, and he's a great teammate. So he'll be here for a long time."

Based on GM James' comments, it sounds like he would rather have Thompson than Love, and you better believe that Cleveland will sit when James tells them to sit and stay when James says to stay. The feeling around the league was Love’s departure was likely, but the latest words from King James could be the cherry on the sundae.

More-Than-Most
05-30-2015, 05:00 AM
Lakers/Celtics/Knicks would be ******** if they signed him. It will do nothing for their teams except get them a few more wins but with him they wont come close to contenders. Also I agree with everything Hawk stated. He is coming off like a spoiled kid

More-Than-Most
05-30-2015, 05:02 AM
I hope this is true. Celtics are like the Packers and 9ers in that they must be contending every season or everything just ain't right in the league. Cornerstone franchise. Go Celtics!

Yup... Knicks/Celtics/Lakers/Bulls being serious contenders make Basketball extremely appealing.

lol, please
05-30-2015, 05:28 AM
Yup... Knicks/Celtics/Lakers/Bulls being serious contenders make Basketball extremely appealing.
Agreed

TDE
05-30-2015, 06:28 AM
Lakers/Celtics/Knicks would be ******** if they signed him. It will do nothing for their teams except get them a few more wins but with him they wont come close to contenders. Also I agree with everything Hawk stated. He is coming off like a spoiled kid

Love would be a valuable asset to the Lakers rebuilding process!

mike_noodles
05-30-2015, 07:07 AM
It has about as much of a chance as Lloyd Christmas getting with Mary Swanson.

NYJ - NYY
05-30-2015, 10:28 AM
It has about as much of a chance as Lloyd Christmas getting with Mary Swanson.

So you're telling me there's a chance

Utd7
05-30-2015, 10:35 AM
Nothing against the Celtics but I think there's better chance he goes to the Lakers. If Love isn't wearing a Cavs jersey next season, I expect to see him in LA.

Goose17
05-30-2015, 11:26 AM
Love isn't a franchise guy imo. He's a Robin. Even if you sign him you still need a batman.

You don't build around Love just like you don't build around Melo or CP3. Not because they aren't great players. But because they can't be THAT guy.

That being said. I want love to go elsewhere in the East just to add a bit of competitiveness. Besides he was way more fun to watch when he was putting up 30 and 20 or whatever.

Indiana should be in playoff contention next season. Along with Chicago and Cleveland. Probably Atlanta. It would be good to have one other legit >.500 team. Maybe Love can team up with someone.

xbrackattackx
05-30-2015, 12:05 PM
"Tristan should probably be a Cavalier for his whole career," James said, via CBSSports.com. "This guy is 24 years old, he's played in 340-plus straight games, and he's gotten better every single season. It's almost like 'What more can you ask out of a guy? He's a young guy, but he's a professional that loves to come to work every day. He plays his heart out every single night, and he has zero sense of entitlement in this league. All he cares about is coming into work. Whatever is given to him, he relishes the opportunity, and he's a great teammate. So he'll be here for a long time."

Based on GM James' comments, it sounds like he would rather have Thompson than Love, and you better believe that Cleveland will sit when James tells them to sit and stay when James says to stay. The feeling around the league was Love’s departure was likely, but the latest words from King James could be the cherry on the sundae.

This seems more like James getting Thompson hyped up for the finals by letting him know the team appreciates him. Dude will start come off the bench do whatever. He deeserves the kind words.

THE MTL
05-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Lol they are going to have to trade Olynk

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-30-2015, 12:42 PM
I think if the Cavs knew TT would explode the way he has this season, they probably don't trade Wiggins. Even then I disagreed with the trade and now it's more obvious. Wiggins could've became a monster playing with and learning from Lebron. He would've become the face of the franchise after 7-8 years when Lebron decides to hang it up.

Scoots
05-30-2015, 01:10 PM
I think Love in Boston would be perfect for both parties. The Celtics have cap room to sign him outright and huge assets going forward to help them build.

IKnowHoops
05-30-2015, 05:16 PM
Love and Moz for Howard ?

No way.

IKnowHoops
05-30-2015, 05:18 PM

100% agree

Ariza's Better
05-30-2015, 05:55 PM
@basketballtalk: Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible http://t.co/rHC1ObNMBB
I hope the rockets don't sign Love. With Dmo improving a lot and Josh Smith x-factor off the bench the rockets don't really need Love. Especially at the max. Wouldn't mind him with the celtics.

TDE
05-30-2015, 06:07 PM
He goes to Celtics or Lakers. They are the best fit for him.

Tony_Starks
05-30-2015, 07:30 PM
Love isn't a franchise guy imo. He's a Robin. Even if you sign him you still need a batman.

You don't build around Love just like you don't build around Melo or CP3. Not because they aren't great players. But because they can't be THAT guy.

That being said. I want love to go elsewhere in the East just to add a bit of competitiveness. Besides he was way more fun to watch when he was putting up 30 and 20 or whatever.

Indiana should be in playoff contention next season. Along with Chicago and Cleveland. Probably Atlanta. It would be good to have one other legit >.500 team. Maybe Love can team up with someone.

He's the worst kind of Robin. He's a twisted evil Robin under the manipulation of the Scarecrows hallucinogens that really believes he's Batman!

Guppyfighter
05-30-2015, 07:51 PM
I hope the rockets don't sign Love. With Dmo improving a lot and Josh Smith x-factor off the bench the rockets don't really need Love. Especially at the max. Wouldn't mind him with the celtics.

You are nuts if you don't want Love.

NYJ - NYY
05-30-2015, 07:59 PM
He's the worst kind of Robin. He's a twisted evil Robin under the manipulation of the Scarecrows hallucinogens that really believes he's Batman!

That's a great description

Guppyfighter
05-30-2015, 08:50 PM
Just check Lebron's stats with Love on and off the court if you believe he doesn't have a massive impact.

Teeboy1487
05-30-2015, 09:33 PM

This. I think he should give Cleveland another year. I hope so.

Celticsfan2007
05-31-2015, 09:11 AM
Sign him and DJ this offseason.

Smart/IT2
Bradley/IT2
Turner
Love/Sully
DJ/Zeller

hopefully Smart can develop into a better scorer.

Vinylman
05-31-2015, 01:53 PM
I am surprised people really don't understand what is gonna happen with Love if he opts in ...

HE WILL BE TRADED

Cleveland is going to turn him into a bunch of solid pieces

Stunner
05-31-2015, 02:54 PM
@mcten: Kevin Love on next season: "I truly expect to be suiting up for Game 1." For the Cavs? Love: "Yes, sir."

Stunner
05-31-2015, 03:13 PM
@MRidenourABJ: #Cavs Kevin Love said he has contacted the #Celtics Kelly Olynyk via text and all is good in their relationship now

WITZ
05-31-2015, 03:46 PM
@MRidenourABJ: #Cavs Kevin Love said he has contacted the #Celtics Kelly Olynyk via text and all is good in their relationship now

That's the dagger see ya Kevin Love :laugh2:

Goose17
05-31-2015, 04:05 PM
That's the dagger see ya Kevin Love :laugh2:

Lol.

I wondered how that would work out.

Scoots
05-31-2015, 05:04 PM
It's a good thing professional athletes always say the absolute truth! I guess we can stop now, Love is a lock to stay in Cleveland

KnicksorBust
05-31-2015, 05:49 PM
Sign him and DJ this offseason.

Smart/IT2
Bradley/IT2
Turner
Love/Sully
DJ/Zeller

hopefully Smart can develop into a better scorer.

No chance but that team would be dangerous with a great coach like Stevens.

IKnowHoops
05-31-2015, 06:08 PM
I am surprised people really don't understand what is gonna happen with Love if he opts in ...

HE WILL BE TRADED

Cleveland is going to turn him into a bunch of solid pieces

I hope so

IKnowHoops
05-31-2015, 06:42 PM
@mcten: Kevin Love on next season: "I truly expect to be suiting up for Game 1." For the Cavs? Love: "Yes, sir."

At the same time though, maybe watching from the sidelines has done Kevin some good, and given him better understanding on how to fit in with this team. Id still rather trade him for pieces.

Guppyfighter
05-31-2015, 10:25 PM
You can tell how old a fan is by how confident he is by player quotes.

cmellofan15
05-31-2015, 11:42 PM
I'm all for speculating...especially since I'm a fan of a struggling nuggets team... But when has Love said anything about leaving? He's actually said the opposite every time it's been brought up to him in an interview.

TDE
06-01-2015, 01:07 AM
I'm all for speculating...especially since I'm a fan of a struggling nuggets team... But when has Love said anything about leaving? He's actually said the opposite every time it's been brought up to him in an interview.

I don't recall a player ever saying he is leaving, they typically say all the right things.

Munkeysuit
06-01-2015, 01:28 AM
If I were a Boston fan, I would not be too excited to acquire K Love, here's the reason why, he's a stat whore that needs to grow up and challenge himself in a team setting and learn the value of selflessness. He really needs to take a page out of Chris Bosh's book (can't believe I just said that) and value a few different principles outside of the ones structured around his ego.
Chris Bosh's maturity, intelligence and good nature allowed him to be very successful with the Miami Heat as the 3rd wheel, right now it seems as if though K Love will need to adhere to some of the same principles that allowed Bosh to be such an integral part of the Heats championship pedigree and it all starts with the man in the mirror (I know cliche) and the timing couldn't get any better for him and the Cavs if done asap.

DitchDat
06-01-2015, 06:42 AM

100% agree.

Tony_Starks
06-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Tristan Thompson is about to get paid. Lebron already went to the mat for him. There's no way they keep TT, Andy V, and Love unless he leaves money on the table and that ain't happnen captain....

cmellofan15
06-01-2015, 12:46 PM
I don't recall a player ever saying he is leaving, they typically say all the right things.

You're absolutely right. But all the right things usually doesn't include them saying that they plan on staying. Correct me if I'm wrong but big name FA guys like Bosh, LeBron, Dwight, Shaq, Etc. don't just come out and say these types of things and then leave. At this point it would just be Kevin Love blatantly lying.

Stunner
06-01-2015, 02:19 PM
@BleacherReport: Kevin Love said he aggravated his shoulder while celebrating the @cavs’ conference finals win http://t.co/3qkJh4WQts http://t.co/X0vMnzDmWG

JLeBeau76
06-01-2015, 04:32 PM
You're absolutely right. But all the right things usually doesn't include them saying that they plan on staying. Correct me if I'm wrong but big name FA guys like Bosh, LeBron, Dwight, Shaq, Etc. don't just come out and say these types of things and then leave. At this point it would just be Kevin Love blatantly lying.

yeah, most players give the non-answers when asked about free agent situations. While Love can decide to go wherever he wants, its his right, he has opened himself up to pretty heavy ridicule if he goes anywhere else next season.

Look for him to still possible opt out of the final year and sign a one year deal for max like Bron.

koreancabbage
06-01-2015, 04:38 PM
yeah, most players give the non-answers when asked about free agent situations. While Love can decide to go wherever he wants, its his right, he has opened himself up to pretty heavy ridicule if he goes anywhere else next season.

Look for him to still possible opt out of the final year and sign a one year deal for max like Bron.

to go from $17M to $20M? plausible but i don't see him doing that.

Vee-Rex
06-01-2015, 04:53 PM
so many possibilities here... I can tell Love wants to be in Cleveland, but it may not be feasible to work out that way.

Vinylman
06-02-2015, 09:52 AM
to go from $17M to $20M? plausible but i don't see him doing that.

he can opt out and sign the LeBron deal with someone else... 2 year with an opt out after 1...

this isn't rocket science people

JLeBeau76
06-02-2015, 09:52 PM
he can opt out and sign the LeBron deal with someone else... 2 year with an opt out after 1...

this isn't rocket science people

Cleveland has Loves bird rights. Doubtful he goes anywhere else unless Cavs decide to move on.

Vinylman
06-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Cleveland has Loves bird rights. Doubtful he goes anywhere else unless Cavs decide to move on.

What the cavs want to do is irrelevant. He has a player option...

JLeBeau76
06-03-2015, 12:09 PM
What the cavs want to do is irrelevant. He has a player option...

and Cavs have option to trade him, to not offer him a contract beyond next season. There is no "irrelevant" options here for the Cavs.

skeemz617
06-03-2015, 12:18 PM
I'd welcome Kevin Love to Boston with open arms and pick him up from Logan Airport. To diminish his skill set because his usage wasn't maximized is crazy, and to question his mental toughness is ridiculous. Not everyone wants to ride Lebron's coat tails to the Finals. Boston has the ability to make him the centerpiece in a top basketball market, and the assets to continuously replenish the roster and build around him. Not to mention the coach/GM. He would absolutely flourish in Boston and in the East. If I'm an elite player in my prime I find that route more attractive than being one of the King's subjects for the rest of my career. If the Celtics could somehow pull off a draft day trade for WCS and then sign Kevin Love, it would be an extremely attractive destination for a 2nd max player.

skeemz617
06-03-2015, 12:25 PM
and Cavs have option to trade him, to not offer him a contract beyond next season. There is no "irrelevant" options here for the Cavs.

The Cavs don't have the option to trade him if he can walk and a team like Boston that has the cap space can offer him the max. Cleveland has no leverage now after trading Wiggins for him w/o him picking up the option.

Vinylman
06-03-2015, 01:03 PM
The Cavs don't have the option to trade him if he can walk and a team like Boston that has the cap space can offer him the max. Cleveland has no leverage now after trading Wiggins for him w/o him picking up the option.

yep... he seems to not understand what is going on...

BoSox47
06-03-2015, 01:21 PM
I'd welcome Kevin Love to Boston with open arms and pick him up from Logan Airport. To diminish his skill set because his usage wasn't maximized is crazy, and to question his mental toughness is ridiculous. Not everyone wants to ride Lebron's coat tails to the Finals. Boston has the ability to make him the centerpiece in a top basketball market, and the assets to continuously replenish the roster and build around him. Not to mention the coach/GM. He would absolutely flourish in Boston and in the East. If I'm an elite player in my prime I find that route more attractive than being one of the King's subjects for the rest of my career. If the Celtics could somehow pull off a draft day trade for WCS and then sign Kevin Love, it would be an extremely attractive destination for a 2nd max player.

If he comes to Boston he cannot be our number one and we have to get a center that can protect the rim and rebound.

WITZ
06-03-2015, 01:26 PM

Well if Klove wants a max 5 year deal than the cavs hold the leverage because last i checked they are the only ones who can offer him that deal.

Vinylman
06-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Well if Klove wants a max 5 year deal than the cavs hold the leverage because last i checked they are the only ones who can offer him that deal.

omfg... he is not going to opt out to resign a max deal with Cleveland... that would be dumb... if he opts out and resigns he will want a Lebron deal (2 years with an opt out after 1) ... He can sign that same deal and make more money NEXT YEAR with a different team than playing under his current contract...

as usual, people are way overthinking things

JLeBeau76
06-03-2015, 02:28 PM

sigh....the Cavs have Loves bird rights, which is an extra year more than anyone else can offer. If the Cavs decide they don't want to pay Love the max he would obviously demand, then if benefits both the team and him to do a trade.

That way, whichever team they trade him to in this hypothetical would have his bird rights and be able to pay him that fifth year.

So, yes, Cavs do have the option to trade him because no player who may go for max is going to want to turn down that extra year.

Hell, the Cavs ended up trading LeBrons bird rights to Miami when he decided to leave in 2010. Got a couple of first round picks out of the deal.

Vinylman
06-03-2015, 03:30 PM
sigh....the Cavs have Loves bird rights, which is an extra year more than anyone else can offer. If the Cavs decide they don't want to pay Love the max he would obviously demand, then if benefits both the team and him to do a trade.

That way, whichever team they trade him to in this hypothetical would have his bird rights and be able to pay him that fifth year.

So, yes, Cavs do have the option to trade him because no player who may go for max is going to want to turn down that extra year.

Hell, the Cavs ended up trading LeBrons bird rights to Miami when he decided to leave in 2010. Got a couple of first round picks out of the deal.

wow... so much so wrong but i will just sum up as follows...

HE CAN ONLY SIGN A 5 YEAR DEAL WITH THE CAVS.... NO ONE ELSE!

JLeBeau76
06-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Here are the parts of Bird Rights that pertain to what I am saying....

A player retains his Bird rights in the following scenarios (only putting the one that matters to this)

•He changes teams via trade, rather than being waived or signing elsewhere as a free agent. For instance, MarShon Brooks is in the third year of his contract. He has been traded three times, from the Nets to the Celtics, the Celtics to the Warriors and the Warriors to the Lakers, but he still has his Bird rights because he hasn’t been waived.

a player sees the clock on his Bird rights reset to zero in the following scenarios (again, listing just the one)

•He changes teams via free agency

So, to sum up....LOVE CAN GET FIVE YEARS FROM ANOTHER TEAM IF THE CAVS TRADE HIM!

Vinylman
06-03-2015, 04:36 PM
Here are the parts of Bird Rights that pertain to what I am saying....

A player retains his Bird rights in the following scenarios (only putting the one that matters to this)

•He changes teams via trade, rather than being waived or signing elsewhere as a free agent. For instance, MarShon Brooks is in the third year of his contract. He has been traded three times, from the Nets to the Celtics, the Celtics to the Warriors and the Warriors to the Lakers, but he still has his Bird rights because he hasn’t been waived.

a player sees the clock on his Bird rights reset to zero in the following scenarios (again, listing just the one)

•He changes teams via free agency

So, to sum up....LOVE CAN GET FIVE YEARS FROM ANOTHER TEAM IF THE CAVS TRADE HIM!

WRONG.... Bird Rights have nothing to do with how long of a contract another team can sign him for. Nor can cleveland sign him to a 5 year deal and trade him...

Keep em coming... your posts are entertaining

JLeBeau76
06-03-2015, 04:44 PM
WRONG.... Bird Rights have nothing to do with how long of a contract another team can sign him for. Nor can cleveland sign him to a 5 year deal and trade him...

Keep em coming... your posts are entertaining

here is one last section on Bird Rights for you....

If a player has earned Bird rights, he is eligible to sign a maximum-salary contract for up to five years with 7.5% annual raises when he becomes a free agent. The maximum salary will vary depending on how long the player has been in the league, but regardless of the amount, a team can exceed the salary cap to complete the deal.

If you don't get this, I don't know what to tell you. Its pretty obvious stuff.

Vinylman
06-03-2015, 07:02 PM
here is one last section on Bird Rights for you....

If a player has earned Bird rights, he is eligible to sign a maximum-salary contract for up to five years with 7.5% annual raises when he becomes a free agent. The maximum salary will vary depending on how long the player has been in the league, but regardless of the amount, a team can exceed the salary cap to complete the deal.

If you don't get this, I don't know what to tell you. Its pretty obvious stuff.

Again... you are wrong... no FA can sign directly or via S&T with another team for more than 4 years... this was put in place during the last CBA to give the incumbent teams an advantage... that is why S&T's are non-existent when it comes to UFA's...

keep digging through the CBAFAQ... but if you want to find the information you might want to exit the Bird Rights section which have nothing to do with it.

KnicksorBust
06-03-2015, 07:05 PM
This back and forth is hilarious

Vinylman
06-03-2015, 07:07 PM
This back and forth is hilarious

it is... especially since he is flat out wrong...

skeemz617
06-03-2015, 10:07 PM
If he comes to Boston he cannot be our number one and we have to get a center that can protect the rim and rebound.

I did just mention a hypothetical situation with WCS and a 2nd max player..but if he can drop 26 ppg he can be our number one.