PDA

View Full Version : Adam Silver, What Do You Like and Dislike About His First Year?

Wade n Fade
05-28-2015, 12:19 AM
What I like is how he came down hard enough on Sterling to get that fool out of the NBA. I was mad when I read about him in ESPN the Magazine regarding Elgin Baylor several years ago.

The bad is the officiating problem. How can Howard get the easy treatment for "ratings" for Game 5 tonight? He was pretty dirty vs the Warriors too. Then Horford got ejected for nothing. I don't like the WWE style officiating. I think he can help fix it though.

FlashBolt
05-28-2015, 12:22 AM
Donald Sterling didn't deserve to get that treatment. That was unjust and I get that he was trying to cater to the NBA players but it wasn't justified. He's done a great job. What I like the most is that he listens to concerns and actually tries to create change. What I don't like is the fact that he can get too comfortable; especially with LeBron. I understand how important it is for him to be cool with Bron but that's way too much power for the players.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-28-2015, 12:24 AM
I remember when EVERYONE said that he'd be just like Stern and he's bad for the league.

Wade n Fade
05-28-2015, 12:28 AM
I remember when EVERYONE said that he'd be just like Stern and he's bad for the league.

Stern wasn't bad for the league itself. The NBA became more global under him. The publicity at times was bad, but the numbers in terms of attendance and viewers wasn't bad. I mean the CP3 situation, the non-active player dress code, refs, and draft lotto are a few of his gaffes, but improving the brand global outweighs the bad. I really want basketball to overtake soccer as the #1 sport in the world, so that's just a small step sorta speak.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-28-2015, 12:40 AM
Stern was great for the league. Really great.

slaker619
05-28-2015, 01:02 AM
He's trying to be too strict he need to chill a bit especially since he just got in, didn't need to be so aggressive, but happy he didn't decline any trades like the CP3 ****