PDA

View Full Version : Dumping the Black Coach?

flattoprules21
05-27-2015, 10:03 PM
I starting to see a trend throughout the league. A team is struggling so they hire a black coach: he rides the waves of a horrible team, gain talent, go through up and down of young talent, coaches the young talent to their potential, and then have a good playoff run, and then get dumped for the white coach. Yes I am black I don't want it to be a racist topic or discussion, but I needed to get this off my chest. Watching the playoffs this year I watched the warriors vs the pelicans and i was impressed by both teams play. The warriors were able to sweep the pelicans because of playoff experience gained over the years under Marc Jackson. But when the potential had finally begin to blossom they released Marc for Steve Kerr. Then this year after suffering with a talent famished team for years Monty Williams coaches the pelicans to the playoffs in a tough west with the thunder on their heels to help his young team gain experience next year only to not reap the benefits of it next year. Also the Grizzles looked like a contender under lionel hollins and they dumped him. The list goes on and i see a trend and now i feel better

t_money25
05-27-2015, 10:10 PM
In B4 closed!

More-Than-Most
05-27-2015, 10:22 PM
stop... Just stop... White coaches get fired all the time... Either you win or you lose your job as a coach... It has 0 to do with race... Race is only a problem because we look for it so hard... Racism will never die not because of a white guy being racist against a black person but because as a culture we always make it white vs black or any race vs any and just disregard the rest of the facts that are involved. This is just another example of a person looking way to hard at something or trying to find something racist. Also this should just be closed... The Nba forum is not mature enough for this discussion even if there was a discussion warranted.

Goose17
05-27-2015, 10:25 PM
Not going to comment on the others, but as for Jackson, he took the Dubs as far as he could take them. He couldn't get any more out of them. He peaked.

He pissed off the front office, alienated his assistants and a few of the players. And on the court he relied heavily on isolation basketball and made very few adjustments. Kerr is already a better coach than Jackson ever was, his connections alone make him more valuable. No way Jackson could have brought in Gentry or Adams, no way he could have convinced Iguodala AND Lee to come off the bench AND get Barbosa to sign with us and somehow make him useful (damn that guy is still fast, love it). He improved the team offensively, defensively, in every way possible. It was the right decision and I don't think it was a race thing at all.

tredigs
05-27-2015, 10:39 PM
Rather than simply type-casting them as "black" first, try exploring why each coach was fired from their particular situation and what the criticisms of them were?

Threads like these often make me feel like the OP is the biggest racist in the room.

Hawkeye15
05-27-2015, 10:52 PM
not sure what the point of this is.