PDA

View Full Version : DeAndre Jordan & Tyson Chandler could trade places

Thumper 88
05-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Take it for what it's worth because it comes from a Dallas mavericks bloger that works with ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4705271/deandre-jordan-tyson-chandler-could-trade-places

Here a few tweets from the Mavs media guy.

The framework of this Jordan/Tyson trade from @espn_macmahon is solid. Makes sense for both parties http://t.co/1m2vVhYvpU

Still don't think it's a given than Jordan is a Maverick this summer, but I think the momentum is building towards that happening.

Goose17
05-27-2015, 08:14 PM
Unless it comes with Parsons I doubt the Clippers are interested. They still have a good chance of retaining DJ I think.

I feel like anyone from the West that goes into free agency should either stick with their team or just head East.

Chronz
05-27-2015, 08:17 PM
not a bad fallback plan but one that i hope is the last option. we would have been better served with tyson this year but i doubt thats the case next year

Mr.B
05-27-2015, 08:23 PM
Unless it comes with Parsons I doubt the Clippers are interested. They still have a good chance of retaining DJ I think.

I feel like anyone from the West that goes into free agency should either stick with their team or just head East.

The Clippers could be interested if DJ has decided he wants to leave LA and wants to play in his home state. Tyson would allow them to obtain a similar player (although 6 yrs older) for a lot less money. Felton's contract is also expiring and would become a trade asset at the trade deadline. Parsons is making $15 mil a year. If that were to happen the Clippers would have to include a lot more than just a resigned DJ to make the salaries work.

Chronz
05-27-2015, 08:26 PM
The Clippers could be interested if DJ has decided he wants to leave LA and wants to play in his home state. Tyson would allow them to obtain a similar player (although 6 yrs older) for a lot less money. Felton's contract is also expiring and would become a trade asset at the trade deadline. Parsons is making $15 mil a year. If that were to happen the Clippers would have to include a lot more than just a resigned DJ to make the salaries work.

i dont think its much more if dj wants his full max

Thumper 88
05-27-2015, 08:27 PM
not a bad fallback plan but one that i hope is the last option. we would have been better served with tyson this year but i doubt thats the case next year

Tyson had one of his best seasons. I think he will be great/good for another 2-3 years

I know he's not as good as DJ in rebounding and defending but he's not that far off and he's pretty clutch with FT's

Thumper 88
05-27-2015, 08:28 PM

If DJ is leaving and Tyson wants to play on his home state I think doc would be dumb to turn that down

KnicksorBust
05-27-2015, 08:29 PM

i dont think its much more if dj wants his full max

Would u max out DJ

lamzoka
05-27-2015, 08:31 PM

This right here!

Thumper 88
05-27-2015, 08:31 PM
Would u max out DJ

Mavs would have to max him out to get him, which they would do it. DJ & Parsons contracts won't look so bad once the cap goes up

So they would have a core of

DJ
Parsons
Aminu

Chronz
05-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Tyson had one of his best seasons. I think he will be great/good for another 2-3 years

I know he's not as good as DJ in rebounding and defending but he's not that far off and he's pretty clutch with FT's

hes better defensively and offensively imo, he just cant play the minutes dj can

Chronz
05-27-2015, 08:37 PM
Would u max out DJ

yes. if u have to downgrade , then this is prolly the best option

Thumper 88
05-27-2015, 08:41 PM
hes better defensively and offensively imo, he just cant play the minutes dj can

I think doc could get a solid 33+ from him every game and some games more.

Rick just kept his minutes lower to keep him fresh for the first round and health throughout the season.

I don't he's better defensively but that's up for debate

Saddletramp
05-27-2015, 08:49 PM

Not sure about trading multiple guys in a S&T (I know there's sone rules around it but I'm not sure what they are) but If Tyson signs for $12m and Parsons is at $15m (and I think the Mavs want Felton's $4m expiring, too) then that's around $31 million to be matched. DJ will get about $20m and Crawford and Barnes would equal $10m and they can be bought out for 1 million each (if what I read is true). If the Mavs don't keep Crawford or Barnes, this is basically Tyson and Parsons for DJ straight up, which is probably fair considering Tyson's a but older and Parsons is overpaid. Plus, this sets up Aminu to be the SF.

DJ
Dirk
Aminu
Ellis?/Crawford?
Barrea?

Still obviously needs guard help and I'd rather have DJ at $20 then Parsons at $15

D-Leethal
05-27-2015, 09:18 PM
Tyson has another year or 2 left at his current level IMO. Not as durable as DJ but a better defender and better from around the basket and WAY better from the FT line. DJ is younger and more explosive.

Redrum187
05-27-2015, 09:22 PM
I would hate this for Dallas. DJ is younger, but he has fundamental flaws in his game that make giving up TC and Parsons be overkill. They would need to do a 3 team trade if they trade those 3 players. If I'm not mistaken, the Mavericks could sign DJ outright if they wanted to (only 43 million on the books). They could get a much better package with Parsons + Felton's expiring if they were willing to ship him out.

If I'm the Clippers, getting 2 upgrades for the win now mode would be a great trade! They get the starting SF they desperate need and a defensive center who can hit his free throws (and also has chemistry with CP3).

Thumper 88
05-27-2015, 09:27 PM
Where is this Parsons being traded coming from? Dallas is not trading Parsons.

KnicksorBust
05-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Would u max out DJ

yes. if u have to downgrade , then this is prolly the best option

I am confused. So do you want to max him out and keep him or trade for Tyson?

Redrum187
05-27-2015, 09:31 PM
Mavs would have to max him out to get him, which they would do it. DJ & Parsons contracts won't look so bad once the cap goes up

So they would have a core of

DJ
Parsons
Aminu

I assume Parson plays SG and Ellis is back at PG?

PG: Monta Ellis
SG: Chandler Parsons
SF: Al Aminu
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: DeAndre Jordan

Not thrilled about that team honestly. They should resign TC (Dirk has a small window of elite play), sign Wes Matthews, and go after Dragic hard. Let Ellis walk if need be.

PG: Goran Dragic
SG: Wes Matthews
SF: Chandler Parsons
C: Tyson CHandler

That team would look scary...

Chronz
05-27-2015, 09:34 PM
I am confused. So do you want to max him out and keep him or trade for Tyson?
R u asking if i want to downgrade an asset? No i don't, Not in this scenario

Thumper 88
05-27-2015, 09:42 PM
I assume Parson plays SG and Ellis is back at PG?

PG: Monta Ellis
SG: Chandler Parsons
SF: Al Aminu
C: DeAndre Jordan

Not thrilled about that team honestly. They should resign TC (Dirk has a small window of elite play), sign Wes Matthews, and go after Dragic hard. Let Ellis walk if need be.

PG: Goran Dragic
SG: Wes Matthews
SF: Chandler Parsons
C: Tyson CHandler

That team would look scary...

No I was saying that could be the Mavs core for a long time

YAALREADYKNO
05-27-2015, 09:53 PM
wouldnt mind deandre in Dallas next to Dirk but for the max??? I don't know about all that

Mr.B
05-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Where is this Parsons being traded coming from? Dallas is not trading Parsons.

I don't know who threw that in there. You're right Parsons isn't going anywhere.

Mr.B
05-27-2015, 10:20 PM
Would u max out DJ

His game fits the Mavs style of play. In the Mavs system he would basically be a younger version of Tyson. So would the Mavs pay a guy who is a 27 year old version of Tyson Chandler? Yes, they would.

Also keep in mind that the Mavs MUST get younger and more athletic if they want to be able to lure another top FA next off season. A core of DJ/Parsons/Aminu has a more attractive future than just Tyson/Dirk/Parsons.

Thumper 88
05-27-2015, 10:22 PM
wouldnt mind deandre in Dallas next to Dirk but for the max??? I don't know about all that

Let me tell you this. DJ for max right now will be a lot cheaper than max 2 years from now. Dallas would get DJ at a set amount for 2 years in the new cap

gatkins11
05-27-2015, 11:43 PM
I don't know who threw that in there. You're right Parsons isn't going anywhere.

Nor should he.

Thumper 88
05-28-2015, 09:28 AM
Is Tyson really a better rim protector than DJ?

nycericanguy
05-28-2015, 09:33 AM

no way would they get Parsons... if DJ wants to walk Clips would be lucky to get ANYTHING for him so they better salvage the situation.

Tyson is still good but he wont give you as many minutes and at 33 he's a big injury risk. DAL got very lucky last year with his health, but Clips would probably have to give him something like 3/45m and that's a big risk.

Clippersfan86
05-28-2015, 10:00 AM
Is Tyson really a better rim protector than DJ?

Yes. Chandler is still the better all around defender. DJ blocks more shots and rebounds more, but Chandler is the less flawed player. Thing is at 33 and injury prone, gives you pause.

Thumper 88
05-28-2015, 10:12 AM
Guys... Tyson is 31

He's also never had any serious injury with Dallas.

nycericanguy
05-28-2015, 10:14 AM
Guys... Tyson is 31

He's also never had any serious injury with Dallas.

he'll be 33 at the start of next season. he only played like 1.5 seasons for DAL...lol... he's been injured alot with NY, CHA , NO, and CHI days though. DAL just always gets lucky with injuries... they got 81 games from Calderon, he comes to NY and immediately misses the first 20 games. =(

Thumper 88
05-28-2015, 10:24 AM
he'll be 33 at the start of next season. he only played like 1.5 seasons for DAL...lol... he's been injured alot with NY, CHA , NO, and CHI days though. DAL just always gets lucky with injuries... they got 81 games from Calderon, he comes to NY and immediately misses the first 20 games. =(

Yeah my bad he was born in 82 so he's 32 and he's played 2 full healthy seasons with Dallas and iirc he played 1 healthy seasons with nyk before b2b injury seasons?

D-Leethal
05-28-2015, 10:41 AM
33 for a high school pro is close to ancient. He still has game but it might fall off a cliff soon, he is at that NBA age.

xxplayerxx23
05-28-2015, 10:42 AM
Yeah my bad he was born in 82 so he's 32 and he's played 1 full healthy seasons with Dallas and iirc he played 2 healthy seasons with nyk before b2b injury seasons?

He always seems to have an injury with us, 66,62,55 games played in the 3 years with us, he was solid except for that pacers series and the last year where he quit on the team

Thumper 88
05-28-2015, 11:10 AM
33 for a high school pro is close to ancient. He still has game but it might fall off a cliff soon, he is at that NBA age.

Possible but I think he has 2-3 of great play at 33 minutes a game

nycericanguy
05-28-2015, 11:26 AM
Possible but I think he has 2-3 of great play at 33 minutes a game

at this point he's probably a 27-29mpg player going forward... NY played him 33mpg a few years ago and he started getting injured... DAL had played him like 27mpg before he came to NY and 30 last year. But yea he's a very old and fragile 33... I wouldnt want to be the next team that gives him $15m over 3-4 years. And that's what its going to take to get him... give or take.

Thumper 88
05-28-2015, 11:29 AM
I'd take him for another 3 years at 15m he's worth it

Mr.B
05-28-2015, 12:56 PM

The reason he never had many injuries in Dallas is because Carlisle managed his minutes really well. He kept Tyson to about 25 minutes a game. It kept his injuries down and kept him fresh for the playoffs. If Doc does the same thing with Tyson he'll be very effective there.

Also in Carlisle's system DJ will likely be a better version of Tyson. He will be asked to do the exact same things that were asked if Tyson in Dallas.

nycericanguy
05-28-2015, 01:02 PM
The reason he never had many injuries in Dallas is because Carlisle managed his minutes really well. He kept Tyson to about 25 minutes a game. It kept his injuries down and kept him fresh for the playoffs. If Doc does the same thing with Tyson he'll be very effective there.

Also in Carlisle's system DJ will likely be a better version of Tyson. He will be asked to do the exact same things that were asked if Tyson in Dallas.

He played him almost 31mpg last year... but minutes and injuries are overblown...some guys are just more injury prone no matter how much or less you play them. Bulls have coddled Rose for 3 years and that hasn't kept him healthy, meanwhile LBJ plays almost 40mpg and has played more games and playoffs than anyone over the past decade.

Mr.B
05-28-2015, 02:45 PM
He played him almost 31mpg last year... but minutes and injuries are overblown...some guys are just more injury prone no matter how much or less you play them. Bulls have coddled Rose for 3 years and that hasn't kept him healthy, meanwhile LBJ plays almost 40mpg and has played more games and playoffs than anyone over the past decade.

Yea he has played a little more than 25 minutes again this time around and he also had more injuries this year than he did last time. And you are right with some players like Rose the whole minutes/injuries thing is over blown but with Tyson it's been pretty clear that when he plays more minutes he has more injuries. If Doc can keep him around 25 min a game he should be healthy most if not all year long.