PDA

View Full Version : '08 Lakers no Bynum vs '15 Cavs no Love

JordansBulls
05-27-2015, 03:22 PM
Who wins?

Both teams missing key player and both made the finals at least. Who wins if both teams met the same year for the championship?

Bostonjorge
05-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Lakers win that series. Cavs have no answer this year for Kobe that year.

Ty22Mitchell
05-27-2015, 04:14 PM
Lakers win that series. Cavs have no answer this year for Kobe that year.

Get out of here. Prime LeBron (right now) is at minimum equal to 08 Kobe. No disrespect to Kobe, but he was never good enough to carry a team through an entire series (very few people are, especially at the finals). If the Lakers were to win it would be because the Cavs would have a difficult time defending the Lakers length. I don't know how they would defend Lamar Odom. Thompson would get destroyed in my opinion. Having Ariza for LeBron is a huge help too.

To me the series boils down to Pau Gasol's defense. Would he be enough of a deterrent infront of the basket to slow down LeBron's drives?

Hawkeye15
05-27-2015, 04:21 PM
All I wanna see is Sasha versus Della-whatever. That would be awesome, there would be sweat and tears all over the floor.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-27-2015, 04:29 PM
Get out of here. Prime LeBron (right now) is at minimum equal to 08 Kobe. No disrespect to Kobe, but he was never good enough to carry a team through an entire series (very few people are, especially at the finals). If the Lakers were to win it would be because the Cavs would have a difficult time defending the Lakers length. I don't know how they would defend Lamar Odom. Thompson would get destroyed in my opinion. Having Ariza for LeBron is a huge help too.

To me the series boils down to Pau Gasol's defense. Would he be enough of a deterrent infront of the basket to slow down LeBron's drives?
Ariza was hurt as well. Radmonivic would have been guarding Lebron. It would not have been pretty.

bucketss
05-27-2015, 04:31 PM
leon powe was abusing the lakers, i want to see what tristan does to them lol

foonaka
05-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Bynum was not an important piece of that team. He only played a handful of games and he caused more problems that he fixed when he was in there with Gasol. I think this is a toss-up. Who stops Irving for the Lakers and who stops Gasol on the Cavs? Lebron and Kobe are gonna do their thing, regardless of who's guarding them, but I feel like the Lakers have a slight edge because of their size and their versatility with Odom and Gasol.

You can't really compare mental readiness, either, since Lebron is the only Cavs player to have won a title and Fisher & Kobe were the only two to have won at the time on that Lakers squad. Both are young teams with one or two vets who had been there.

To me this series goes 7 games and the Lakers edge it out in game 7.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Whoever has HCA.

jerellh528
05-27-2015, 04:38 PM
All I wanna see is Sasha versus Della-whatever. That would be awesome, there would be sweat and tears all over the floor.

Legend has it, "The Machine" never missed a 3 pointer in practice.

TheNumber37
05-27-2015, 04:51 PM
Lakers have more experience, depth, and way better coaching.
Also, Prime Kobe vs Lebron today.. I'd give the edge to Kobe cause Trevor Ariza would be guarding Lebron.
Shump, nor JR could check Kobe, so Lebron would have to

One of the biggest factors of the series has been the play tristan thompson. I think he'd be less effective against Pau Gasol and Odom

Hawkeye15
05-27-2015, 05:01 PM
Legend has it, "The Machine" never missed a 3 pointer in practice.

oh I believe it.

Teeboy1487
05-27-2015, 05:18 PM
08 Lakers for me just by an inch. Just better overall as a team. However, the 08 Lakers would have alot of trouble with Lebron especially if Luke Walton or Space Cadet was guarding him. Kobe would have to guard Lebron the whole game. Maybe an unhealthy Ariza would help.

still1ballin
05-27-2015, 05:53 PM
Lakers.

LakerShow
05-27-2015, 06:00 PM
Lakers. The greaTest Coach of all time s and Kobe ish to.

bucketss
05-27-2015, 06:07 PM
not sure if it means anything but the 2008 cavs gave the celtics more of fight than the 2008 lakers.

Tony_Starks
05-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Correction: no Bynum, no Ariza.

Gibby23
05-27-2015, 06:13 PM
not sure if it means anything but the 2008 cavs gave the celtics more of fight than the 2008 lakers.

It doesn't. The Hawks also took the Celtics to 7 games.

Chronz
05-27-2015, 07:06 PM
It doesn't. The Hawks also took the Celtics to 7 games.

true. but i doubt the differential was the same

lakerboy
05-27-2015, 11:37 PM
true. but i doubt the differential was the same

We were pretty good that year until the finals. We bounced San Antonio in 5 games that year. Even in the finals, the Lakers were predicted by most analysts to win. We just completely collapsed.

MTar786
05-28-2015, 12:14 AM
08 lakers in 6 games at most.

08 kobe >> 15 lebron

Ty22Mitchell
05-28-2015, 12:19 AM
Ariza was hurt as well. Radmonivic would have been guarding Lebron. It would not have been pretty.

So injuries are included? That's a huge blow for LA, because LBJ doesn't "just" score buckets. LO vs Thompson, Gasol vs Mosgov, Irving vs Fisher.It's hard not to pick post-Heat LeBron vs postSHAQ-0 title Kobe.

As much as I love the Lakers I'm going with the Cavs.

lakerboy
05-28-2015, 12:37 AM
So injuries are included? That's a huge blow for LA, because LBJ doesn't "just" score buckets. LO vs Thompson, Gasol vs Mosgov, Irving vs Fisher.It's hard not to pick post-Heat LeBron vs postSHAQ-0 title Kobe.

As much as I love the Lakers I'm going with the Cavs.

I don't think people remember how good Gasol and Odom were in their prime years. Fisher wasn't even that old then.

Then boom, we will have Sasha vs. Dellavedova. This would be my favorite match up right there. It'll be hilarious..

This is not something against Lebron. But the Lakers just have a more superior team. I know I'm a little biased, but I don't think people realize yet how bad the Eastern conference is this year. Wait until the Warriors demolish the Cavs in 5 games and then we can talk about this again. The Lakers beat the Cavs that year 5 games with home court, 6 games without.

Jayb587
05-28-2015, 12:38 AM
no wonder we lost, space cadet was starting. that lakers finals team sucked balls to be honest. good MU though. cavs probably win this one because they will be the tougher team and beat us up just like boston did. 2009 that's another story. All lakers

Jayb587
05-28-2015, 12:40 AM
I don't think people remember how good Gasol and Odom were in their prime years. Fisher wasn't even that old then.

Then boom, we will have Sasha vs. Dellavedova. This would be my favorite match up right there. It'll be hilarious..

This is not something against Lebron. But the Lakers just have a more superior team. I know I'm a little biased, but I don't think people realize yet how bad the Eastern conference is this year. Wait until the Warriors demolish the Cavs in 5 games and then we can talk about this again. The Lakers beat the Cavs that year 5 games with home court, 6 games without.

this was still soft pau though. pau and odom would get destroyed in the paint. and who is guarding bron. Kobe cant guard him the entire game and still score all the points lol.