PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals

jason6692
05-27-2015, 12:22 PM
So as you all know the Cavaliers are now officially in the Finals. On June 4th they will be set to take on either the Rockets or Warriors. So now that the last series of basketball is approaching where did you expect these teams to be ? What were your pre season predictions for the cavs warriors and rockets ? Did anyone expect these 3 to be the last standing?

IndyRealist
05-27-2015, 12:42 PM
I did not expect the Cavs to make the Finals, but several East teams had some pretty epic collapses. The Hawks and Raptors simply were not not the same teams that they were in the first half of the season. It reminds me of the Pacers collapse last season.

As far as the Warriors, I think it's been pretty obvious they were the front runners. The Spurs or Clips could have upset them, but it would have been just that, an upset.

bleedprple&gold
05-27-2015, 01:01 PM
I did not expect the Cavs to make the Finals, but several East teams had some pretty epic collapses. The Hawks and Raptors simply were not not the same teams that they were in the first half of the season. It reminds me of the Pacers collapse last season.

As far as the Warriors, I think it's been pretty obvious they were the front runners. The Spurs or Clips could have upset them, but it would have been just that, an upset.

Really? After they got knocked out of the 1st round last year and with a first-year head coach I still had the Spurs, Clippers and Thunder ahead of them, and I wasn't sure if they could get over the hump. Definitely didn't expect them to be most likely going to the Finals. Their rise has had a lot to do with Kerr and the surprising improvement of Draymond Green, things that were unknown before the season started, as well as the less surprising improvements of Thompson and Curry, so I did not expect them to be as good as they are.

AllBall
05-27-2015, 01:44 PM
The only semi surprise is the Warriors. Vegas had the Cavs as favorites before the season started

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/8747/20140926/predictions-for-the-2014-2015-nba-season-who-are-the-top-contenders-contenders-odds-spurs-cavaliers-nba-news-nba-predictions-nba-season-vegas-odds-heat-clippers-bulls.htm

Once the Warriors started hot in the beginning of the season they quickly became favored by the odds makers.

ewing
05-27-2015, 01:48 PM
The only semi surprise is the Warriors. Vegas had the Cavs as favorites before the season started

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/8747/20140926/predictions-for-the-2014-2015-nba-season-who-are-the-top-contenders-contenders-odds-spurs-cavaliers-nba-news-nba-predictions-nba-season-vegas-odds-heat-clippers-bulls.htm

Once the Warriors started hot in the beginning of the season they quickly became favored by the odds makers.

stop it, the Cavs are a massive underdog

Dade County
05-27-2015, 01:50 PM
I picked Cav's vs OKC...

And it would have ended up that way, if KD wasn't hurt. And OKC to me was going to win the championship this season.

I am shock that the Warriors are soooooo good though. I just hope that these Final's are real and nothing is scripted; if one of these teams can sweep 4-0, just let it happen Silver.

IndyRealist
05-27-2015, 01:51 PM
Really? After they got knocked out of the 1st round last year and with a first-year head coach I still had the Spurs, Clippers and Thunder ahead of them, and I wasn't sure if they could get over the hump. Definitely didn't expect them to be most likely going to the Finals. Their rise has had a lot to do with Kerr and the surprising improvement of Draymond Green, things that were unknown before the season started, as well as the less surprising improvements of Thompson and Curry, so I did not expect them to be as good as they are.

I wasn't going all the way back to preseason, but based on early season play. Pre-season is a crap shoot.

ManRam
05-27-2015, 02:33 PM
I predicted Rockets vs. Hawks I believe. Rockets just to be not-boring, realizing GSW was the deserving favorite (safe to say now). I didn't feel the Cavs were strong enough on either end. They don't really have an offensive identity other than "hey, we have LeBron" and defensively they were below average on the year as well. Never thought Atlanta would collapse like that.

TNT keeps playing that Reggie line "the most unpredictable playoffs ever"...which is just absurd. The top-2 seeds in each conference got there. The favorites in each conference will get to the Finals. So I don't think anyone should be too surprised.

Anyways, I'm curious. The Warriors obviously will be favorites when the line opens in Vegas. I'm curious how big of favorites you guys would make them.

For reference, the Warriors were -850 vs the Rockets, which is huge. The Cavs were -225 favorites vs. the Hawks. I'd guess it would be similar to that...Warriors like -250 favorites.

Always fun to ask these questions before the fact and then see how people change their tunes after the fact.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-27-2015, 02:48 PM
I predicted Rockets vs. Hawks I believe. Rockets just to be not-boring, realizing GSW was the deserving favorite (safe to say now). I didn't feel the Cavs were strong enough on either end. They don't really have an offensive identity other than "hey, we have LeBron" and defensively they were below average on the year as well. Never thought Atlanta would collapse like that.

TNT keeps playing that Reggie line "the most unpredictable playoffs ever"...which is just absurd. The top-2 seeds in each conference got there. The favorites in each conference will get to the Finals. So I don't think anyone should be too surprised.

Anyways, I'm curious. The Warriors obviously will be favorites when the line opens in Vegas. I'm curious how big of favorites you guys would make them.

For reference, the Warriors were -850 vs the Rockets, which is huge. The Cavs were -225 favorites vs. the Hawks. I'd guess it would be similar to that...Warriors like -250 favorites.

Always fun to ask these questions before the fact and then see how people change their tunes after the fact.

He probably said it once like 5 years ago and they keep using it lol.

Bostonjorge
05-27-2015, 03:02 PM
Cavs are the favorites in the finals. The favorites when the season started and even more now going 12-4 in the playoffs.

I can see the underdog warriors team taking down this cavs team with Curry proving 2015 was his year all the way around.

Minimal
05-27-2015, 03:11 PM
Cavs are the favorites in the finals. The favorites when the season started and even more now going 12-4 in the playoffs.

I can see the underdog warriors team taking down this cavs team with Curry proving 2015 was his year all the way around.
Warriors are 11-3 in the playoffs against the west. They have HCA, they won the most games, they are extremelly stacked, Curry is MVP. Cavs are favorites? Say again? Just a week ago, I heard how Cavs are gonna get swept by the Warriors and now they are favorites lol.

KnicksorBust
05-27-2015, 03:26 PM
So as you all know the Cavaliers are now officially in the Finals. On June 4th they will be set to take on either the Rockets or Warriors. So now that the last series of basketball is approaching where did you expect these teams to be ? What were your pre season predictions for the cavs warriors and rockets ? Did anyone expect these 3 to be the last standing?

I had Clippers vs. Cavs. Disappointed at the collapse. I think the Clippers really would have challenged Golden State in the WCF. In the East I never doubted the Cavs. One of my big pet peeves from this season is all the LeBron/Kyrie/Love doubters/haters who at 19-20 record were ready to blow up the team and anoint teams like the Hawks/Bulls/Raptors ahead of them.

Bostonjorge
05-27-2015, 03:46 PM
Warriors are 11-3 in the playoffs against the west. They have HCA, they won the most games, they are extremelly stacked, Curry is MVP. Cavs are favorites? Say again? Just a week ago, I heard how Cavs are gonna get swept by the Warriors and now they are favorites lol.

All last week and earlier today I read on here how the cavs are going to win and James is better then Jordan. Curry don't have anyone putting up the games Irving has put up, not even close. So how is James who is playing better then Jordan with Irving a underdog over Curry?

Warriors will win this series not because they are the underdogs but because they are the good guys.

tredigs
05-27-2015, 03:53 PM

Same thoughts, though credit to Cle's D for slowly but surely getting better as the season progressed (and obviously gaining a big up-tick after the trades).

I think in the pre-season I think I had Cavs/Spurs, and after 2 weeks of ball had Hawks/Warriors, which never really changed.

tredigs
05-27-2015, 03:59 PM
Those saying they had Golden State pre-season have me scratching my head. There was a contingent who had them as an HCA team, but maybe 1 or 2% had them in the Finals. Their Vegas over/under was 50 wins and that pretty much echoes what we saw from the boards predictions. After a month+ of basketball is when people started getting on the wagon, but not in the pre-season.

ManRam
05-27-2015, 04:32 PM

I'd bet my life that they aren't favorites over the Warriors, unless something really bizarre happens in the rest of this season. My literal life. I will end it if you're right here.

Also, I misread the original post. My pre-playoffs pick was Houston vs. Atlanta. I have no idea any more what I predicted before the season started. I doubt I made official predictions anywhere.

tredigs
05-27-2015, 05:40 PM
I'd bet my life that they aren't favorites over the Warriors, unless something really bizarre happens in the rest of this season. My literal life. I will end it if you're right here.

Also, I misread the original post. My pre-playoffs pick was Houston vs. Atlanta. I have no idea any more what I predicted before the season started. I doubt I made official predictions anywhere.

Yeah I figured that's what people are going with, not the pre-season line.

And your life is in good hands. I'm pretty sure he's just picking and choosing from certain board posts and being trolly, but the Warriors are technically favorites. If you wanted to bet it on say Bovada, the Warriors are 5:11, the Cavs are 17:10 and the Rox are 50:1.

So the Warriors aren't huge favorites (it's the closest series odds for them I've seen by far), but they're clear favorites.

Chronz
05-27-2015, 08:25 PM
these playoffs have sucked

ManRam
05-27-2015, 09:34 PM
these playoffs have sucked

I agree. I've been less into this season in general than most...it seemed like most loved the regular season. Not me. At least not as much as usual.

There were a few good stretches (buzzer beater trifecta, a few solid 7 game series out West) but as a whole...bleh.

Jeffy25
05-27-2015, 09:42 PM
I bought the Kool-Aid with Cle and figured they would be in it, but I thought SAS would be better this year and more competitive, same with OKC (but Durant...so)

I don't think I ever predicted a West winner, but if I did, it wasn't HOU or GS

JordansBulls
05-27-2015, 09:54 PM
I am trying to figure how anyway would have thought Atlanta would have beaten Cleveland or Chicago when it was a 2-2 series vs the freaking Nets.