PDA

View Full Version : Would a healthy OKC team beat the GSW?

poleandreel
05-25-2015, 11:09 PM
Westbrook/Augustine
Waiters/Morrow/Roberson
KD/Singler/Lamb
Ibaka/McGary/Collison
Kanter/Adams

I think OKC would take them out in 5. Better defensively, just as deep, more offensive options, bigger.

JordansBulls
05-25-2015, 11:24 PM
I thought had they met in round 1 and KD played they would have beaten them.

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2015, 11:28 PM
I don't think so

goingfor28
05-25-2015, 11:30 PM
Probably not but it'd be a 7 game series no doubt

Dade County
05-26-2015, 12:18 AM
Yes, I think they would beat them in 6 games.

This would have been KD year to win the championship.

dhopisthename
05-26-2015, 12:22 AM
not even close. waiters and kanter are selfish players who have never accepted a lesser role to better the team. as for defensively kanter and waiters are disasters on defense that would be exploited to no end

lol, please
05-26-2015, 12:45 AM
Thunder was the team I feared most early in the season. With a healthy Durant, they always have a chance.

Munkeysuit
05-26-2015, 03:35 AM
Healthy OKC over GState most definitely!

Blink
05-26-2015, 05:43 AM
A healthy KD is just too much.

slashsnake
05-26-2015, 06:46 AM
I'll say no. For 2 big reasons.

1. no Thabo to put on Curry or Klay. I think that's huge having to drop to Waiters in that series. Hopefully he will improve but he's not very good defensively yet.

2. The past couple years OKC teams weren't 67 wins good, and I don't see them as much improved to push 70 wins if normally healthy, so they'd be likely be the lower seed already in this series, And OKC is 13-19 on the road the past 4 years in the playoffs vs. their 24-11 home record in that time. They really struggle vs. higher seeds (5-12 and never won a series vs. a higher seed). I think they'd make a series of it, but still fall flat by not being able to win in Golden State.

4-2 GS would be my call.

valade16
05-26-2015, 09:54 AM
I think they could beat them in a series, but I just don't think they could have this year. GS is simply too good this year. Who knows about next year or the year after however.

Jarvo
05-26-2015, 10:16 AM
I said this in The Rockets Vs Warriors thread, If OKC was healthy it's no doubt that OKC would have beat GS. I don't think anyone on GS would be able to stop Westy and if they did they would have to worry about KD.

Jarvo
05-26-2015, 10:18 AM
Thunder was the team I feared most early in the season. With a healthy Durant, they always have a chance.

Me also and The Grizz and Warriors because when their shots are falling it's like NBA Jam!

Burkey3472
05-26-2015, 10:23 AM
I'd say they would pull it out in 7 but that is because game 7 would be in Oracle. If the Thunder had home court I would probably lean that way.

SeoulBeatz
05-26-2015, 10:35 AM
saying that okc would take the series in 5 is a little silly.

this would be a 7 game series and i'd still lean towards g.s.

they have such a deep/well-constructed team, they just play better basketball on both ends of the court.

TheNumber37
05-26-2015, 11:02 AM
Westbrook/Augustine
Waiters/Morrow/Roberson
KD/Singler/Lamb
Ibaka/McGary/Collison
Kanter/Adams

I think OKC would take them out in 5. Better defensively, just as deep, more offensive options, bigger.

No. The KD and Westbrook have been playing together for 5 relatively healthy years (certainly better Health then Curry experienced during this time.

They Never won the west, didn't win as much games, never finished tops in offense or defense.
Also, the Thunder don't have a coach

mavwar53
05-26-2015, 11:12 AM
Westbrook/Augustine
Waiters/Morrow/Roberson
KD/Singler/Lamb
Ibaka/McGary/Collison
Kanter/Adams

In dreamland? Interesting how you think they are better defensively and offensively than the team that was #1 offensively and defensively all year. Good luck with your poor views of sports and probably the world in general.

valade16
05-26-2015, 01:39 PM
No. The KD and Westbrook have been playing together for 5 relatively healthy years (certainly better Health then Curry experienced during this time.

They Never won the west, didn't win as much games, never finished tops in offense or defense.
Also, the Thunder don't have a coach

If they never won the West how did they manage to face the Heat in the Finals :confused:

D-Leethal
05-26-2015, 02:03 PM
They are probably the biggest threat. Still would have loved to see the Spurs play them in the WCF. CP3's game 7 buzzer beater f'ed up what could have been an epic Western playoff.