PDA

View Full Version : Pierce to opt out and go to LA ?

Stunner
05-25-2015, 02:37 PM
@HoopsRumors: Many around #NBA think Paul Pierce will opt out, sign w/ #Clippers, per @daldridgetnt. Detail: http://t.co/kDbpMbv9yX http://t.co/8E5h1EBA9q

goingfor28
05-25-2015, 02:41 PM
That would be nice

InRoseWeTrust
05-25-2015, 02:43 PM
Considering the cap issues LAC is going to have, getting him on the vet min would be a really nice break for Doc.

jerellh528
05-25-2015, 02:46 PM
Whew, not the lakers! Next time instead of LA, put LAC since there are two LA teams. It'll reduce some of the click baity-ness of it.

Method28
05-25-2015, 02:51 PM
😍😍 please close this out like you didn't do last season Doc!

bucketss
05-25-2015, 02:55 PM
would have been useful during that choke job against hou.

cahawk
05-25-2015, 02:58 PM
That would be great for him to go home to LA & thankfully to Clippers & not LA kobes.

ManRam
05-25-2015, 03:06 PM
did anyone truly think the title was alluding to the lakers? why in the world would he sign with them?

maybe a year too late for the clippers here. i can't imagine a scenario where he plays as good in the 2016 playoffs as he did in the 2015 playoffs.

kingsdelez24
05-25-2015, 03:07 PM
That would be great for him to go home to LA & thankfully to Clippers & not LA kobes.

What if he joined the Charlotte Juwanas?

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 03:09 PM
At the end of games having PP >>>>>> Barnes or Crawford. Love the move for LAC and Pierce.

jerellh528
05-25-2015, 03:13 PM
did anyone truly think the title was alluding to the lakers? why in the world would he sign with them?

maybe a year too late for the clippers here. i can't imagine a scenario where he plays as good in the 2016 playoffs as he did in the 2015 playoffs.

When referring to LA in the basketball world, I automatically assume lakers. Which is why the thread seemed so odd to me and I clicked on it.

Cracka2HI!
05-25-2015, 03:23 PM
Pierce would have to take less money. Clippers can only off the MMLE. He would obviously be a great fit for the Clipps on offense. Defensively I'm not sure how much he still has left. He could also hit the wall anytime. This seems like the type of signing Doc would make a year too late. The Clippers would still be playing if Doc has made this signing over Spencer Hawes. I'll be stoked if it happens but I think there is a good chance the Clippers don't get their answer at the 3 spot by bringing in a 38 year old.

J4KOP99
05-25-2015, 03:26 PM
Isnt pierce a degenerate gambler? He's gonna pass up $5m to take the vet min with a team that won't win ****?

Raps18-19 Champ
05-25-2015, 03:29 PM
He should have done that to begin with.

Saddletramp
05-25-2015, 03:34 PM
Isnt pierce a degenerate gambler? He's gonna pass up $5m to take the vet min with a team that won't win ****?

Ballmer's got him covered.

Scoots
05-25-2015, 04:42 PM
I hope not ... PP would add the late game spine the Clippers have been missing at SF, and as a small ball PF he would be a great play maker ... for 20-25 minutes a game.

Still the Clippers need to add a bench too and limited money to do it with.

PowerHouse
05-25-2015, 05:06 PM
I hope not ... PP would add the late game spine the Clippers have been missing at SF, and as a small ball PF he would be a great play maker ... for 20-25 minutes a game.

Still the Clippers need to add a bench too and limited money to do it with.

They would still have Barnes and him going to the bench would bolster it somewhat. Barnes at least is a better player than Turk or Jones is. But I would like to see them try and add one more decent role player too if possible.

2-ONE-5
05-25-2015, 05:16 PM
they need an upgrade at SF and this isnt it

j-bay
05-25-2015, 05:44 PM
I hope he stays, but if not thanks for the help Paul. You made Wall, Beal, and Porter Jr better players.

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 06:14 PM
they need an upgrade at SF and this isnt it

Matt Barnes is better than Paul Pierce???

Cracka2HI!
05-25-2015, 06:55 PM
How is Pierce's defense? Is he still able to guard elite SF's like LeBron and Durant? Would he be an upgrade over Barnes on he defensive end? How is he on the boards?

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 06:56 PM
How is Pierce's defense? Is he still able to guard elite SF's like LeBron and Durant? Would he be an upgrade over Barnes on he defensive end? How is he on the boards?

Is Matt Barnes able to guard Lebron and Durant?

Greet
05-25-2015, 07:00 PM

I'd think more effectively than Pierce at this current time. But I don't think the difference defensively between the two holds more value then the difference offensively.

Lakers + Giants
05-25-2015, 07:11 PM

Seriously, I thought it was pretty obvious it was LAC, especially considering the lakers are rebuilding while the Clippers are the ones going all in and Doc is the coach.

Why would Pierce even be considering LAL with the youth movement???

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 07:12 PM

I'd think more effectively than Pierce at this current time. But I don't think the difference defensively between the two holds more value then the difference offensively.

yeah I mean that is a great opinion but statistically and the eye test prove how wrong that actually was this season. Btw barnes is 35 too. A past his prime role player.

Scoots
05-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Barnes and Pierce is FAR FAR better than barnes without Pierce I guess is the point.

And by the way, LA is Lakers to me too.

Ty Fast
05-25-2015, 11:08 PM
I could see that

2-ONE-5
05-26-2015, 09:27 AM
Matt Barnes is better than Paul Pierce???

Player A:
26min 44%FG 38%3pt 78%FT 12ppg/4reb/2ast

Player B:
30min 44%FG 36%3pt 78%FT 10ppg/4reb/1.5ast

Vinylman
05-26-2015, 11:47 AM
Considering the cap issues LAC is going to have, getting him on the vet min would be a really nice break for Doc.

he won't be playing for the min... not a chance

Vinylman
05-26-2015, 11:49 AM
yeah I mean that is a great opinion but statistically and the eye test prove how wrong that actually was this season. Btw barnes is 35 too. A past his prime role player.

he isn't a past his prime role player... he gets so much grief because he is a STARTER...

Matt Barnes off the bench is an excellent role player

Rain City
05-26-2015, 12:18 PM
as much as i love paul, clips should try to get tayshaun prince instead.

Cracka2HI!
05-26-2015, 11:55 PM
^ I don't think Prince would help the Clipps much. He may still be a serviceable defender but the Clipps badly need someone who can make a clutch shot. On the offensive end Pierce is really a perfect fit.

j-bay
06-07-2015, 11:59 AM
You know looking at his comments a few days ago, he is either the greatest liar in the world or Is telling the truth(no pun intended). This guy seems to love DC and loves this team.

Scoots
06-07-2015, 12:18 PM
as much as i love paul, clips should try to get tayshaun prince instead.

Spoken like a Celts fan :)

Alan Shore
06-07-2015, 12:19 PM
clutch 3pt shooting, defense off bench, winner mentality, experience, all needed at Clippers. He's be a great signing for them.

j-bay
06-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Paul Pierce hasn’t said what he plans to do next season, and in fact has said virtually nothing publicly since his melancholy postgame remarks the night the Wizards’ season ended. David Aldridge reported that many around the league believe Pierce will opt out of the second year of his Washington deal to join his hometown Clippers. Randy Wittman said he’d be surprised if Pierce didn’t return to the Wizards. Others wondered whether Pierce could be mulling retirement.

Pierce increased the uncertainty by declining to speak to reporters on the day of Washington’s exit meetings. (Although he did wear a Nats hat while walking around Verizon Center that afternoon.)

But Pierce broke his silence this week with an appearance on SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Sports Radio. Pierce told hosts Ben Lyons and Ryan Duffy on “The Players Tribune” show that he’ll be making his decision in the next couple of weeks, but when asked about the end of this season, he sure sounded like a Washington Wizard.

“Man, it was a good run,” Pierce began. “We really have a really good young team, and a couple budding superstars. It was tough. It especially really hurt us when John [Wall] broke his hand. Even though he came back, that really kind of hurt our rhythm, because we [were] playing so well. We felt like we were the better team if we had stayed healthy, but we lost some heartbreaking games.

“You know how the playoffs are,” Pierce went on. “Every game is close, and it all came down to the end, but I’m happy with the way guys fought. Nobody expected us to beat the Raptors. I thought we were better than Atlanta. We fell up short, but I really like our team, I really like the young budding stars. And we’re definitely disappointed, and would have gave Cleveland probably a better challenge than Atlanta, I think, but it was tough.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/06/05/paul-pierce-sort-of-sounds-like-hes-not-done-with-the-wizards-quite-yet/
Doesn't seem like a guy who is ready to leave like Aldridge said.