PDA

View Full Version : If GS sweeps the Cavs does Curry dethrone LBJ?

Pages : [1] 2

JWO35
05-25-2015, 12:29 PM
If the Warriors Sweep and Curry dominates, does he take the #1 spot and dethrone LBJ as the best player in the NBA?

basch152
05-25-2015, 12:37 PM
No.

I think Davis is/will be the best player in the NBA for the next 10+ years.

Have we ever had a PF as skilled on offense that is also the best defensive force in the NBA?

And for the record, Curry is my favorite NBA player. I've been a huge fan of him since he was upsetting teams in the tournament.

bucketss
05-25-2015, 01:19 PM
a lot of people are saying hes already better than bron

Tony_Starks
05-25-2015, 01:23 PM
In order to dethrone someone they would have to be the King.....

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 01:36 PM
If the Warriors Sweep and Curry dominates, does he take the #1 spot and dethrone LBJ as the best player in the NBA?

Definitely. The MVP, the best record in the league, and the Finals MVP. It's the triple crown.

No.

Have we ever had a PF as skilled on offense that is also the best defensive force in the NBA?

And for the record, Curry is my favorite NBA player. I've been a huge fan of him since he was upsetting teams in the tournament.

Define skilled. He still can't touch what Duncan was and he's not nearly the offensive player that Curry is for the Warriors.

a lot of people are saying hes already better than bron

You can't be the best player without the gold.

LeBron is the King. Not sure if serious?

Bostonjorge
05-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Yes. Curry will be the main reason warriors win if they do. Curry already led his team to a better recored then any of James teams. Played the best teams in the playoffs and looked dominate. Cavs have dominated on there way to the finals. So that makes the Cavs with James the perfect team for curry to cement his championship legacy for 2015.

aman_13
05-25-2015, 01:59 PM
No way.

lol, please
05-25-2015, 02:04 PM
Without question. The crown goes to Curry.

nastynice
05-25-2015, 02:05 PM
No. But it helps legitimize Currys personal legacy that much more

TheIlladelph16
05-25-2015, 02:17 PM

If you come at the King, you best not miss.

basch152
05-25-2015, 02:25 PM
Definitely. The MVP, the best record in the league, and the Finals MVP. It's the triple crown.

Define skilled. He still can't touch what Duncan was and he's not nearly the offensive player that Curry is for the Warriors.

You can't be the best player without the gold.

LeBron is the King. Not sure if serious?

Duncan is very fundamental, but as far as jumper, dribbling, ball handles, etc, Davis is far more skilled than Duncan ever was.

Also, Davis is such a threat on the defensive end that it more than makes up for the difference in offensive abilities between him and curry.

I don't know how anyone could not consider Davis the best player in the NBA.

It's literally currently the best offensive and defensive big man in the NBA, and he just turned 22, he's still developing.

Teeboy1487
05-25-2015, 02:32 PM
Umm no.

InRoseWeTrust
05-25-2015, 02:44 PM
No.

You guys realize AD isn't that good on defense yet, right?

jerellh528
05-25-2015, 02:48 PM
Curry was already better than lbj this year, but I think durant is still the NBA's best player.

lol, please
05-25-2015, 03:00 PM
Curry was already better than lbj this year, but I think durant is still the NBA's best player.
How I sum it up as well. Can't forget davis though at #2

ellisgw
05-25-2015, 03:06 PM
How I sum it up as well. Can't forget davis though at #2

Please stop giving warriors fans a bad name for knowledge of basketball. You obviously know nothing about the game.

AllBall
05-25-2015, 03:07 PM
GS only needs to win and Steph Curry will be THE face of the NBA until Anthony Davis gets there.

Minimal
05-25-2015, 03:07 PM
No.

TrueFan420
05-25-2015, 03:43 PM

What you haven't heard... around these parts AD is already better than a prime Tim Duncan.

bgdreton
05-25-2015, 03:56 PM
No, but he would be damn close..

Tony_Starks
05-25-2015, 03:58 PM

Yeah I had KD passing Lebron already. I'm just waiting to see how he bounces back after the injury but its been between KD and Curry for the crown.

InRoseWeTrust
05-25-2015, 04:01 PM
What you haven't heard... around these parts AD is already better than a prime Tim Duncan.

I'm not trying to take anything away from AD. In my mind, he's the next best player in the league. But people act like his defense is at some sort of platinum level when it just isn't yet, especially in terms of rim protection.

TrueFan420
05-25-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm not trying to take anything away from AD. In my mind, he's the next best player in the league. But people act like his defense is at some sort of platinum level when it just isn't yet, especially in terms of rim protection.

But but he averages nearly 3 blocks a game

jerellh528
05-25-2015, 04:14 PM
Davis defense went from overrated when he first burst into the radar, to underrated now.

bucketss
05-25-2015, 04:16 PM
so lbj is not even a top 2 player now.

Jamiecballer
05-25-2015, 04:27 PM
I think Curry needs to sustain this level of play for another season to consider that possibility.

Jeffy25
05-25-2015, 04:29 PM
No

Curry needs to sustain this for a few years

Didn't people say this about Durant last year?

And about Davis earlier this year?

Let's let a player actually pull away as the best, and then sustain it for awhile.

xxplayerxx23
05-25-2015, 04:33 PM

He's pretty good defensively but he will only get better

AllBall
05-25-2015, 04:36 PM
so lbj is not even a top 2 player now.

Well, thats what this whole thread is about. We shall see in The Finals if Curry makes his mark as the man to beat.

JWO35
05-25-2015, 05:00 PM
I think it's a worthy discussion...leading your team to a 60+ win season & backing it up by fighting through the Western playoffs could at least be considered one of the best seasons by a player IMO.

Scoots
05-25-2015, 05:07 PM
If you are talking about PR capability? Curry lead the NBA in all-star votes, won MVP, had the best record, and is leading his team to the finals. All that said, the real measure of PR power is new advertising deals signed and gear sold and James is WAY WAY WAY out in front in that list ... but Curry is closing fast. If Curry keeps it going another year he may well pass LBJ, but he's not there yet ... right now there is LBJ and a big gap, and everybody else.

FraziersKnicks
05-25-2015, 05:21 PM
I don't think KD did enough to take LeBron's place as #1 in the NBA. He had a superior regular season, but it wasn't a big enough gap to outright him as the better player. LeBron outperformed him in the playoffs as well so no way can I crown KD the better player.

Curry certainly has a case. He had a better regular season than LeBron and is having a great postseason as well. Regardless of what happens in the rest of the playoffs I have him as 1B to LeBron's 1A. If he can replicate this play next season then I think he takes that top spot over.

I struggle to credit a player as the best player in the league when they've played at that level for only a single season.

Tony_Starks
05-25-2015, 05:21 PM
If you are talking about PR capability? Curry lead the NBA in all-star votes, won MVP, had the best record, and is leading his team to the finals. All that said, the real measure of PR power is new advertising deals signed and gear sold and James is WAY WAY WAY out in front in that list ... but Curry is closing fast. If Curry keeps it going another year he may well pass LBJ, but he's not there yet ... right now there is LBJ and a big gap, and everybody else.

Not sure if Curry can ever catch Lebron PR wise. I don't see him getting the espn push. Also Lebrons ring chasing super team antics and the cold shoulder he gave to Cleveland made him the bad guy wrestler to a lot of fans. That increases his popularity too because you have people who will watch him just to root against him.

Lebron is in the Kobe category where he has just about as many haters as appreciators, I don't think from a marketing standpoint Stephen is messing with that. From what I see everyone feels like he's a good kid that does things the right way and they want to see him succeed, same with KD.

PraiseJesus
05-25-2015, 05:26 PM
Curry and LBJ both born in Akron Ohio

What is in the water there?

bgdreton
05-25-2015, 05:31 PM
Curry and LBJ both born in Akron Ohio

What is in the water there?

Not the water just nothing to do there tons of time to work on your game.

MTar786
05-25-2015, 06:58 PM
bets player in league imo goes like this

1.durant
2.lebron
3.curry
4a.westbrook
4b.harden
6. Davis

with that said. i see curry,westbrook and possibly harden being better than lebron by the end of next season.. and anthony davis working his way up to #2 right behind KD

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 07:09 PM

1.durant
2.lebron
3.curry
4a.westbrook
4b.harden
6. Davis

with that said. i see curry,westbrook and possibly harden being better than lebron by the end of next season.. and anthony davis working his way up to #2 right behind KD

How can you rank an injured player of the reigning MVP who led his team to 67 wins?

More-Than-Most
05-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Lol yes one entire year makes him dethrone someone that he been the best player on the planet for over a decade... One year where one player plays better but has 1000000 times the talent around him.

If Curry was on the cavs and James was on the Warriors the cavs would have been Eliminated against the bulls.

Greet
05-25-2015, 07:22 PM
No no no.

LeBron is playing with arguably his worst supporting cast of his career, and is still putting up incredible numbers. If LBJ wins the championship this year, that would be simply incredible.

It's not like LeBron slacked off this year.
25/7/8 on 49/35/71 with top tier defense vs 24/8/4 on 49/44/91 with subpar defense.

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 07:26 PM
Lol yes one entire year makes him dethrone someone that he been the best player on the planet for over a decade... One year where one player plays better but has 1000000 times the talent around him.

If Curry was on the cavs and James was on the Warriors the cavs would have been Eliminated against the bulls.

But Lebron wasnt even the 2nd best player this year... its a lot easier to dethrone someone when they are falling off the seat and the crown is slipping.

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 07:26 PM
No no no.

LeBron is playing with arguably his worst supporting cast of his career, and is still putting up incredible numbers. If LBJ wins the championship this year, that would be simply incredible.

25/7/8 on 49/35/71 with top tier defense vs 24/8/4 on 49/44/91 with subpar defense.

Curry plays subpar defense? Based on what?

Greet
05-25-2015, 07:37 PM

I guess subpar is wrong since he's improved tremendously, but he's still a big product of great team defense with great depth. He doesn't touch the level of defense that LeBron has played during his career, he's arguably been the best defensive player on every single team that he's played on, while still producing those numbers.

More-Than-Most
05-25-2015, 07:47 PM
But Lebron wasnt even the 2nd best player this year... its a lot easier to dethrone someone when they are falling off the seat and the crown is slipping.

I dont disagree he was still a top 5-7 player but at this point in his career he knows he cant go an entire season playing at a high level like he use to so he takes his foot off the gas some... Also its his first year on this team with a brand new set of people.. It took wade/James/Bosh to learn to play together as well... Curry has been in a system now for a while and has more talent around him then James ever had in his entire career.

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 07:56 PM

I dont disagree he was still a top 5-7 player but at this point in his career he knows he cant go an entire season playing at a high level like he use to so he takes his foot off the gas some... Also its his first year on this team with a brand new set of people.. It took wade/James/Bosh to learn to play together as well... Curry has been in a system now for a while and has more talent around him then James ever had in his entire career.

How is a guy who lost the chip last year and only a top 5-7 player still so easily the King?

KnicksorBust
05-25-2015, 07:59 PM

I guess subpar is wrong since he's improved tremendously, but he's still a big product of great team defense with great depth. He doesn't touch the level of defense that LeBron has played during his career, he's arguably been the best defensive player on every single team that he's played on, while still producing those numbers.

How long are you going to give Lebron credit for his career accomplishments before you consider knocking him down?

Lil Rhody
05-25-2015, 08:05 PM
If it's done it's because both teams have an A+ player but golden state is healthy and Cleveland is not. I don't like the self claimed king but come on now still is the most dominant player right now

And my friends wouldn't trade rondo for steph 3 years ago....... Morons I loved rondo at the time but the had über love and wouldn't listen. I had a feeling about curry. I don't know why I got hooked on a feeling

Tony_Starks
05-25-2015, 08:07 PM
No no no.

Did you seriously just say worst supporting cast of career? Really?

Wowzers!

Greet
05-25-2015, 08:08 PM
How long are you going to give Lebron credit for his career accomplishments before you consider knocking him down?

I think he would need to show a significant drop off before people start writing him off. He's still the best player in the league, and he proves it time after time.

Curry has arguably the best supporting cast around him, LeBrons team is compared to the 2007 Cavs... maybe worse

More-Than-Most
05-25-2015, 08:11 PM

Wowzers!

its close with hurt kyrie and no love.... Oh I forgot Smith and Shump are now the best ever because they came from knicks and anytime player plays with james they are best ever

Greet
05-25-2015, 08:16 PM

Wowzers!

The Cavs just beat the Hawks with a starting line-up of Dellavedova, Iman, LeBron, Thompson and Mozgov... with James Jones, Shawn Marion and J.R. Smith the only players off the bench. That's disguistingly bad, Thompson is their second best player right now... and JR Smith is the third lmao....

Why did they win? LeBron put up 37/13/18

Tony_Starks
05-25-2015, 08:16 PM

Wowzers!

its close with hurt kyrie and no love.... Oh I forgot Smith and Shump are now the best ever because they came from knicks and anytime player plays with james they are best ever

If having the worst supporting cast means you get one of the playoff leaders in boards/ blocks, a guy coming off the bench setting a playoff record for 3's, and letting your fellow all-star/ all NBA player rest and recoup for the Finals I think a lot of teams would love to have that problem.....

ILLUSIONIST^248
05-25-2015, 08:21 PM
Yes

slashsnake
05-25-2015, 08:22 PM

Wowzers!

Currently, absolutely. This year as a whole, no. But this right now is a really really bad team.. And Lebron

Greet
05-25-2015, 08:26 PM
If having the worst supporting cast means you get one of the playoff leaders in boards/ blocks, a guy coming off the bench setting a playoff record for 3's, and letting your fellow all-star/ all NBA player rest and recoup for the Finals I think a lot of teams would love to have that problem.....

Playoff leaders in boards and blocks? LeBron averages more RPG then Thompson does and Thompson is 13th on the list in the playoffs... Mozgov is 8th on the list in blocks and Thompson is 16th tied with... LeBron

In terms of JR Smith he is having a good playoff, but is still not a premier player.. he's coming off the bench.

The Warriors have 3-4 bench players that would arguably be starting on the Cavs team from last game.

Scoots
05-25-2015, 08:28 PM
The Cavs are in the finals more because they play in the East rather than because of LeBron.

More-Than-Most
05-25-2015, 08:30 PM
The Cavs are in the finals more because they play in the East rather than because of LeBron.

and the warriors are about to be there not because of curry but because they are a beyond stacked team... See how that works?

lol, please
05-25-2015, 08:32 PM

1.durant
2.lebron
3.curry
4a.westbrook
4b.harden
6. Davis

Harden above Davis? Get him home folks, he's drunk.

bgdreton
05-25-2015, 08:35 PM

Wowzers!

The Cavs just beat the Hawks with a starting line-up of Dellavedova, Iman, LeBron, Thompson and Mozgov... with James Jones, Shawn Marion and J.R. Smith the only players off the bench. That's disguistingly bad, Thompson is their second best player right now... and JR Smith is the third lmao....

Why did they win? LeBron put up 37/13/18

Shumpert and JR are not far removed from that knick team a couple years ago where they both were viable options. Mozgov always had game just never really started. I'll give you the rest sure but those players are good players in the right situation. Lebron took 37 shots on his 37, Curry took 18 less shots and had 3 more points.. Cavs won bc the East is crap plus the Hawks starting center and sg didn't play.

lol, please
05-25-2015, 08:38 PM
Well said. Great post

bgdreton
05-25-2015, 08:39 PM

Playoff leaders in boards and blocks? LeBron averages more RPG then Thompson does and Thompson is 13th on the list in the playoffs... Mozgov is 8th on the list in blocks and Thompson is 16th tied with... LeBron

In terms of JR Smith he is having a good playoff, but is still not a premier player.. he's coming off the bench.

The Warriors have 3-4 bench players that would arguably be starting on the Cavs team from last game.

Livingston won't bc it provides zero spacing. Lee's a maybe I actually like thompson better at this point. Iggy probably would start. Fetus is still raw and not better than Mozgov. Barbosa is up and down. So 3 to 4 players starting on that Cavs team no.

JordansBulls
05-25-2015, 08:44 PM
I don't think KD did enough to take LeBron's place as #1 in the NBA. He had a superior regular season, but it wasn't a big enough gap to outright him as the better player. LeBron outperformed him in the playoffs as well so no way can I crown KD the better player.

Curry certainly has a case. He had a better regular season than LeBron and is having a great postseason as well. Regardless of what happens in the rest of the playoffs I have him as 1B to LeBron's 1A. If he can replicate this play next season then I think he takes that top spot over.

I struggle to credit a player as the best player in the league when they've played at that level for only a single season.

In the playoffs KD played the Grizzlies, Clippers and Spurs that year while Lebron played Bobcats, Nets, Pacers, Spurs. The level of competition was no where near the same.

Tony_Starks
05-25-2015, 08:46 PM
If you want to compare JR Swish, Shumpert, Mozgof, and TT to Lebrons supporting cast the first time around there's no need to debate with you. You're obviously inclined to give Bron a pass no matter what happens.

I also like how people are acting as if Kyrie is done when he is about to enter the Finals with 2 weeks rest. I also like how people are acting as if this wasn't one of the easiest paths to t Finals in recent history.

But hey whatever narrative works for you......

Scoots
05-25-2015, 09:02 PM
and the warriors are about to be there not because of curry but because they are a beyond stacked team... See how that works?

Yes, the Warriors, without an actual team around Curry would not have made it to the finals, but since that had nothing to do with my point well done you making a pointless argument and thinking it means something!

Bostonjorge
05-25-2015, 09:04 PM

Enough said.

Jeffy25
05-25-2015, 09:18 PM
I still find the logic funny

If team sweeps team, does individual dethrone individual?

I do hope that, as a whole, you guys realize how ridiculous that is.

It wouldn't be Curry or LeBron winning a championship. It would be Golden State or Cleveland....and those are the best players on those teams.

Jeffy25
05-25-2015, 09:25 PM

What were the Bulls?

Were the Bulls not a team that would have challenged for the WCF in the West?

The Hawks are probably a playoff team in the West.

I understand the West is better in terms of depth and overall better teams. But this idea that the East is some cake walk and the West is where all of the competition is is just false.

Toronto probably isn't a top 6 seed in the West, nor is Washington. And there are more competitive teams in the West in terms of teams that can challenge for a playoff spot and would be a top 4-5 seed in the East. But the top teams? The Bulls would have been a good matchup for really any team in the West, same for the Hawks and Cavs. The top three from the East I think are very competitive and good teams, and the Cavs, while missing some of their top talent, has managed to beat two very good teams on this route (well one game short of doing so).

I'm not LeBron apologist. But some of the arguments that I see in the NBA section have me scratching my head (namely, how you recognize individual greatness based on team play).

bucketss
05-25-2015, 09:56 PM

they wouldn't even sniff the playoffs without lebron, and thats saying a lot considering the east is suppose to be weak.

AllBall
05-26-2015, 12:19 AM

Actually, that doesn't work at all. The Top 7 teams in the West are stacked and are all 50+ win teams. The East only has 3 teams with 50+ wins.

ThaDubs
05-26-2015, 12:44 AM
Duncan is very fundamental, but as far as jumper, dribbling, ball handles, etc, Davis is far more skilled than Duncan ever was.

Also, Davis is such a threat on the defensive end that it more than makes up for the difference in offensive abilities between him and curry.

I don't know how anyone could not consider Davis the best player in the NBA.

It's literally currently the best offensive and defensive big man in the NBA, and he just turned 22, he's still developing.

Davis is in no way the best defensive big in the league, not even top 10. His defensive stats are cute but guys like Bogut and Gobert are worlds ahead of him defensively.

InRoseWeTrust
05-26-2015, 10:46 AM
He's pretty good defensively but he will only get better

That's exactly my point though. He's pretty good.

FraziersKnicks
05-26-2015, 11:36 AM
If you want to compare JR Swish, Shumpert, Mozgof, and TT to Lebrons supporting cast the first time around there's no need to debate with you. You're obviously inclined to give Bron a pass no matter what happens.

I also like how people are acting as if Kyrie is done when he is about to enter the Finals with 2 weeks rest. I also like how people are acting as if this wasn't one of the easiest paths to t Finals in recent history.

But hey whatever narrative works for you......

If Klay and Draymond both go down with season ending injuries right at the end of the Warriors winning game 5 of the WCF, would you give Curry a pass if the Cavs beat the Warriors in the Finals?

koreancabbage
05-26-2015, 11:45 AM

Enough said.

basically don't know anything and have the major blinders on. :cool:

do you guys know anything about basketball?

JWO35
05-26-2015, 12:05 PM
Just for the people saying this is Lebron's worst supporting cast, here's the Cavs lineup in the '07 finals
PG. Daniel Gibson
SG. Sasha Palovic
SF. LeBron James
PF. Drew Gooden
C. Zydrunas Illgauskas

IMO this is the worst supporting cast James has ever had...most of his teammates flamed out after their stint with the Cavs(or LeBron leaving for Miami). It's worth noting that Shannon Brown & Larry Hughes were apart of this team as well. IMO Smith and Iman are clearly better than what Brown and Hughes were in '07

Bostonjorge
05-26-2015, 12:28 PM
basically don't know anything and have the major blinders on. :cool:

do you guys know anything about basketball?

The east is a weak conference. Paul George went down and pacers miss the playoffs all together. George had this team in first place two strait seasons. You can see how a player like George can impact the east so much. I guess you only want to see James doing the impossible tho.

Everyone knew Atlanta was going to be in trouble it's not a shocker at all. All 8 west playoffs teams can beat this Atlanta team because all 8 have a star to take over the game the way James has. Atlanta made Williams and peirece look like stars. Anthony Davis, Dirk and Leonard would destroy Atalanta and this is the weaker teams best players in west playoffs.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-26-2015, 12:54 PM
What were the Bulls?

Were the Bulls not a team that would have challenged for the WCF in the West?

The Hawks are probably a playoff team in the West.

I understand the West is better in terms of depth and overall better teams. But this idea that the East is some cake walk and the West is where all of the competition is is just false.

Toronto probably isn't a top 6 seed in the West, nor is Washington. And there are more competitive teams in the West in terms of teams that can challenge for a playoff spot and would be a top 4-5 seed in the East. But the top teams? The Bulls would have been a good matchup for really any team in the West, same for the Hawks and Cavs. The top three from the East I think are very competitive and good teams, and the Cavs, while missing some of their top talent, has managed to beat two very good teams on this route (well one game short of doing so).

I'm not LeBron apologist. But some of the arguments that I see in the NBA section have me scratching my head (namely, how you recognize individual greatness based on team play).

The East is a cake walk though lol. Nothing false about it. The Western teams are higher quality throughout. Bulls and Hawks would have been knocked out in the first round if they were in the West. The Bulls have the talent, but could never get fully healthy and on the the same page.

AllBall
05-26-2015, 12:59 PM
Just for the people saying this is Lebron's worst supporting cast, here's the Cavs lineup in the '07 finals

And its an even weaker East than it was in 07.

TheIlladelph16
05-26-2015, 01:09 PM
No, he doesn't. "Nuff Said".

ewing
05-26-2015, 04:35 PM
Regardless, of how LeBron plays during the actual games the only thing that could come out these finals is him being the greatest ever his team beats the GSW, if they lose, GS was the favorite and we can only assume LeBron played no role in his team losing, GS will have won solely b/c they have greater talent. We do not have to wait for the games to played or even watch to know this

tredigs
05-26-2015, 07:03 PM
No.

Yes, we have. His name is Tim Duncan, and at 38 is somehow still better defensively than the up and coming AD (who, if you are actually saying is the current #1 defender in the NBA... c'mon. I know his block/steal rates are awesome, but he has quite a bit to learn defensively. The Pels are not a good defensive team, and he is part of that).

That said, I'd argue Curry and AD have both played at a higher level than Bron over the past year, but we'll see how he fares in the Finals. If he outshines Curry with a demonstrative enough performance, I think he regains his belt.

Arguments for who's the best player right now could be made for Lebron/Curry/KD/AD/Harden, and to a lesser extent CP3/BG/Westbrook.

Saddletramp
05-27-2015, 12:11 AM
The east is a weak conference. Paul George went down and pacers miss the playoffs all together. George had this team in first place two strait seasons. You can see how a player like George can impact the east so much. I guess you only want to see James doing the impossible tho.

They also lost Stephenson, who was a triple double machine last year. You left that part convienently out. Then again, convienently leaving things out is a habit with you.

Everyone knew Atlanta was going to be in trouble it's not a shocker at all. All 8 west playoffs teams can beat this Atlanta team because all 8 have a star to take over the game the way James has. Atlanta made Williams and peirece look like stars. Anthony Davis, Dirk and Leonard would destroy Atalanta and this is the weaker teams best players in west playoffs.

Kawhi on one of the weaker teams in the West playoffs? Ok. Seedlings aren't everything, bro. One game out of the 2 seed. As far as Pierce and Williams looking like stars, they were stars at one point and it's not like they beat Atlanta, they had some good games. I was never sold on the Hawks but if all you're going to do is hate on LeBron every fourth post, then quit wasting your time. So old.

FlashBolt
05-27-2015, 01:01 AM
Did someone just say Kawhi Leonard plays for one of the weaker teams in the Western Conference Playoffs? LMFAODALLSDOASDKASDASKDKSDKs

tredigs
05-27-2015, 01:50 AM
Lol WELL to be fair, the Spurs did lose to the Clips who lost to the Rockets who are going to lose to the Warriors. That series was as good as most NBA Finals, though.

FlashBolt
05-27-2015, 01:53 AM
Lol WELL to be fair, the Spurs did lose to the Clips who lost to the Rockets who are going to lose to the Warriors. That series was as good as most NBA Finals, though.

LAC would have given the Warriors a run for their money, though. I still have no idea how they won three in a row. LAC did everything wrong.

tredigs
05-27-2015, 03:16 AM
LAC would have given the Warriors a run for their money, though. I still have no idea how they won three in a row. LAC did everything wrong.

Spurs would have too. I do think the Warriors beat both, but those were the two teams I thought had the best chance in the West (and frankly overall, but tbd on the Cavs, they're playing elite D at the moment and that's a scary prop).

FlashBolt
05-27-2015, 03:24 AM
Spurs would have too. I do think the Warriors beat both, but those were the two teams I thought had the best chance in the West (and frankly overall, but tbd on the Cavs, they're playing elite D at the moment and that's a scary prop).

Elite D against the EC teams doesn't mean much when you're against a machine gun in the GSW.

JWO35
05-27-2015, 11:23 AM
And its an even weaker East than it was in 07.

True

kdspurman
05-27-2015, 11:39 AM

Man after the Clips won and CP3 did what he did and was so emotional, i thought this was their year and they'd meet you guys and have an epic WCF. I was happy for them. Now I wish we would've just won that series :pity:

cvburg
05-27-2015, 11:41 AM
You have to make the finals first, GS still hasnt finished off Houston

kingkenny01
05-27-2015, 11:51 AM
The warriors have a ridiculously loaded team, if you trade curry and lebron, I'd think the Warriors would be better with lebron that's how I determine who is a better player and I don't think the cavs would be as good

tredigs
05-27-2015, 05:30 PM
The warriors have a ridiculously loaded team, if you trade curry and lebron, I'd think the Warriors would be better with lebron that's how I determine who is a better player and I don't think the cavs would be as good

Silly way to look at it in my opinion - they play different positions and the team dynamics don't fit, I can guarantee both teams would be worse. But would you have a counter that Curry was better than Lebron this season, and has probably been better in the playoffs?

Chronz
05-27-2015, 05:40 PM

its called cumulative fatigue . clips and spurs were not meant to square off in R1.

Chronz
05-27-2015, 05:45 PM
Man after the Clips won and CP3 did what he did and was so emotional, i thought this was their year and they'd meet you guys and have an epic WCF. I was happy for them. Now I wish we would've just won that series :pity:

i feel for you, even then, after cp3's injury and knowing how thin we were, part of me knew you guys shouldve advanced.

JWO35
05-27-2015, 05:46 PM
Silly way to look at it in my opinion - they play different positions and the team dynamics don't fit, I can guarantee both teams would be worse. But would you have a counter that Curry was better than Lebron this season, and has probably been better in the playoffs?
I agree especially with the Golden State Warriors having LeBron instead of Curry. I think its clear that the Cavs wouldn't be as good(case can still be made they make it to the ECF and possibly the Finals IMO in the East), but the Warriors would be a completely different team and would have log-jam at the Forward spot.

Saddletramp
05-27-2015, 06:01 PM
I agree especially with the Golden State Warriors having LeBron instead of Curry. I think its clear that the Cavs wouldn't be as good(case can still be made they make it to the ECF and possibly the Finals IMO in the East), but the Warriors would be a completely different team and would have log-jam at the Forward spot.

Nah, LeBron would play PG. Not saying as well as Curry, but if they were traded straight up, he'd make it work that way and I doubt they'd slip much. Then again, they might not jell as well.

Confusious
05-27-2015, 06:38 PM
Man, and here I thought the Hawks and the Bulls were supposed to dethrone LeBron. Now it's gotta be the Warriors. What happens if the Cavs win? Who dethrones him then? Whatever team poaches him away from Cleveland in free agency? :sarcasm:

This is a fun game. But a bit predictable.

Sure would be embarrassing if the Cavs beat the Warriors without Love.

TheNumber37
05-27-2015, 07:00 PM
No.
Curry will always have better handles and shooting. Maybe passing, but that's really about it.

JWO35
05-27-2015, 07:15 PM
Man, and here I thought the Hawks and the Bulls were supposed to dethrone LeBron. Now it's gotta be the Warriors. What happens if the Cavs win? Who dethrones him then? Whatever team poaches him away from Cleveland in free agency? :sarcasm:

This is a fun game. But a bit predictable.

Sure would be embarrassing if the Cavs beat the Warriors without Love.
I think you're looking for the "If Cavs sweep GS does LeBron dethrone MJ" thread buddy :D
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?892148-If-Cavs-sweep-GS-does-Lebron-dethrone-MJ

JWO35
06-05-2015, 12:24 AM
Bump 4 relevance

lol, please
06-05-2015, 12:46 AM
Bump 4 relevance

Without question he does.

koreancabbage
06-05-2015, 12:54 AM
Without question he does.

after tonight's game, still not. don't be a homer please. Lebrons inside, outside, power, finess, grind it out, handling the ball - he's still the best player after tonight's performance. even if the series ended tonight. Curry maybe in 1-2 years.

no one in the media is even claiming Curry as the best player in the league right now.

ewing
06-05-2015, 01:02 AM
when AI hit shots its b/c of Curry. He couldn't win **** on the sixers

JWO35
06-05-2015, 10:01 AM
after tonight's game, still not. don't be a homer please. Lebrons inside, outside, power, finess, grind it out, handling the ball - he's still the best player after tonight's performance. even if the series ended tonight. Curry maybe in 1-2 years.

no one in the media is even claiming Curry as the best player in the league right now.
It would be hard to "dethrone" if the Warriors sweep, but LeBron plays like this all 4 games :shrug:

likemystylez
06-05-2015, 10:10 AM

This is stupid- if the warriors sweep it will be because the warriors are a far better TEAM than the cavs. LOL thats like saying if the warriors sweep will livingston be better than lebron? It isnt a one on one game.

Just cuz team A is better than Team B it doesnt mean that team B cant have any players that are better than anybody on team A

likemystylez
06-05-2015, 10:11 AM
No.
Curry will always have better handles and shooting. Maybe passing, but that's really about it.

well he also has the far better team around him- which would really be the reason for a sweep.

FYL_McVeezy
06-05-2015, 10:24 AM
No.

Curry has blossomed into a top 5 player in the NBA but the Warriors are loaded gotta take that into consideration...

pacofunk64
06-05-2015, 10:29 AM
Absolutely not. LBJ is the best player in the NBA hands down. Regardless of the outcome of this series. You put Curry on this Cavs team and they don't make it past the Bulls.

likemystylez
06-05-2015, 10:49 AM
No.

Curry has blossomed into a top 5 player in the NBA but the Warriors are loaded gotta take that into consideration...

yeah, a lot of casual fans make lazy arguments. guys with more rings are better than guys with less rings. one guys team outplaying another guys team can only mean the guy on the winning player is better- because its all about winning. Its annoying to argue with those people. They dont understand the concept of team sport or they think the other guys on the team are minor details and superstars decide the outcome by themselves.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Curry for MVP.

tredigs
06-05-2015, 11:11 AM
yeah, a lot of casual fans make lazy arguments. guys with more rings are better than guys with less rings. one guys team outplaying another guys team can only mean the guy on the winning player is better- because its all about winning. Its annoying to argue with those people. They dont understand the concept of team sport or they think the other guys on the team are minor details and superstars decide the outcome by themselves.

This statement would carry more weight if Curry was not also statistically superior to Lebron over the past year, including these playoffs.

lol, please
06-05-2015, 11:47 AM
This statement would carry more weight if Curry was not also statistically superior to Lebron over the past year, including these playoffs.
Good post.

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 12:02 PM
Remember when Jordan played and he was never an underdog and he lead a team with one other Super star and a bunch of role players??

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 12:04 PM
You saying they would have won 75 games and been higher than 1st?

cmellofan15
06-05-2015, 12:14 PM

Well if you completely ignore the individuals circumstance then it carries less weight. The last time lebron switched scenery the same kind of statistical drop happened, add on the fact that his team has faced some pretty unfortunate injuries thru the season and postseason.

Would you say harden or davis are arguably better than lebron because of their spectacular perfomances recently? Would you argue that all of these guys are better than durant who didn't even make a post season appearance this year?

Hangin n Wangin
06-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Look at all the Lebron fans getting so angry.

Kenny
06-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Remember when Jordan played and he was never an underdog and he lead a team with one other Super star and a bunch of role players??

Yeah I remember when Jordan left the Bulls and they won 55 games without him. Lebron left Cleveland and they were a joke. Lebron leaves Miami and they can't make the playoffs.

tredigs
06-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Well if you completely ignore the individuals circumstance then it carries less weight. The last time lebron switched scenery the same kind of statistical drop happened, add on the fact that his team has faced some pretty unfortunate injuries thru the season and postseason.

Would you say harden or davis are arguably better than lebron because of their spectacular perfomances recently? Would you argue that all of these guys are better than durant who didn't even make a post season appearance this year?

You could very much make the argument that Harden and AD were better than Lebron this season. That said, I think Harden showed that he also can't always be trusted when it matters and in no circumstance would I take him over Lebron. AD? The kid is already beginning his argument as being a more dominant player than LBJ, but the problem with his stats to me is that the steal/block totals are over-inflating some of his aggregate stats while still not quite translating to dominant D. He still has a lot to learn defensively and overall I'd probably still take Lebron. The Durant comment is dumb and I won't bother with that.

Curry, on the other hand, is doing this while leading the best squad in the league and is potentially on route to a Finals MVP over Lebron's Cavs. Combining that with his statistical superiority and regular season MVP, and you have yourself a solid case of player A > B. We'll see how the rest of the series shakes out.

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Yeah I remember when Jordan left the Bulls and they won 55 games without him. Lebron left Cleveland and they were a joke. Lebron leaves Miami and they can't make the playoffs.
How old are you? Because when Jordan left the Bulls they still had that superstar and all time great on the team. Which superstar and all time great did lebron leave Cleveland with when he left? I'll be sure to wait

bucketss
06-05-2015, 12:34 PM

is there "one other superstar" on the cavs right now, unless you want to count injured irving?

bucketss
06-05-2015, 12:35 PM
How old are you? Because when Jordan left the Bulls they still had that superstar and all time great on the team. Which superstar and all time great did lebron leave Cleveland with when he left? I'll be sure to wait

lets talk about what happened when bron left miami, he apparently left not one but two superstars :laugh:

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 01:07 PM

LeBron is no Jordan, but you are not giving his roster enough credit. ****, Rodman just went into the HOF, and he was in his prime in Chicago (he crushed Kemp, and nearly made Malone cry). Horace Grant was criminally underrated back then. He played with a few of the greatest shooters that ever played.

But to end with what I started with, LeBron isn't MJ. We know that haha

Scoots
06-05-2015, 01:09 PM
lets talk about what happened when bron left miami, he apparently left not one but two superstars :laugh:

Well, 1 FORMER superstar, and one star who was ruled out for the 2nd half of the season. If the Heat had been healthy they would have challenged for the finals in the East. They may have had the best starting 5 in the NBA on paper, but injuries effect every team (except the Warriors this year apparently).

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 01:09 PM
LeBron is no Jordan, but you are not giving his roster enough credit. ****, Rodman just went into the HOF, and he was in his prime in Chicago. Horace Grant was criminally underrated back then. He played with a few of the greatest shooters that ever played.

I wasn't necessarily talking about the Rodman bulls. And trust me, I know Lebron is no Jordan. I was simply pointing out the fact when great players actually did great things.

tredigs
06-05-2015, 01:10 PM
LeBron is no Jordan, but you are not giving his roster enough credit. ****, Rodman just went into the HOF, and he was in his prime in Chicago (he crushed Kemp, and nearly made Malone cry). Horace Grant was criminally underrated back then. He played with a few of the greatest shooters that ever played.

We do, many don't.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-05-2015, 01:22 PM
Look at all the Lebron fans getting so angry.

I'm storing all their tears in a jar.

MarkieMark48
06-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Well, 1 FORMER superstar, and one star who was ruled out for the 2nd half of the season. If the Heat had been healthy they would have challenged for the finals in the East. They may have had the best starting 5 in the NBA on paper, but injuries effect every team (except the Warriors this year apparently).

If the Cavs were healthy, they certainly wouldn't get swept in this series... If Kyrie cant go, I do expect a sweep and the next 3 will be unwatchable.

MarkieMark48
06-05-2015, 01:28 PM

:clap::worthy:

8kobe24
06-05-2015, 02:05 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...but to be dethroned, you have to be the THE King right? Anyway, I think even with out Kyrie, these cavs still have a lot of fight in them. It all depends on how lebron plays and how involved he gets his teammates. If he goes guns blazing taking 38 shots per game, then at best it Warriors win 4-2

MarkieMark48
06-05-2015, 02:26 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...but to be dethroned, you have to be the THE King right? Anyway, I think even with out Kyrie, these cavs still have a lot of fight in them. It all depends on how lebron plays and how involved he gets his teammates. If he goes guns blazing taking 38 shots per game, then at best it Warriors win 4-2

If the Cavs win 2 without Kyrie (or with a Kyrie that's less than 60%), I think that's a huge accomplishment

Saddletramp
06-05-2015, 02:40 PM

You're making his point for him and you don't even realize it. Laugh my ****ing *** off. LeBron took that Cavs team to the Finals by himself. No Pippen, No Phil, no Rodman, no strong supporting cast. The Bulls were a great team capped off with the GOAT. The Cavs were a piss poor team capped off with a Top Ten all time player.

And LeBron brought those Heat teams to the Finals with 2 great players and adequate to poor role players those four years. They had injury problems last year, true, but they also found Whiteside who went off, had Deng (who a lot of people were slobbing on a few years back) and a few months of a max seeking Dragic. And they couldn't get the 8th in the weak East who everyone keeps trouncing on until a LeBron-less Heat team couldn't advance and overlooking that part fits their narrative.

I get not liking him but why do people hate this guy so much?

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 04:16 PM
You're making his point for him and you don't even realize it. Laugh my ****ing *** off. LeBron took that Cavs team to the Finals by himself. No Pippen, No Phil, no Rodman, no strong supporting cast. The Bulls were a great team capped off with the GOAT. The Cavs were a piss poor team capped off with a Top Ten all time player.

And LeBron brought those Heat teams to the Finals with 2 great players and adequate to poor role players those four years. They had injury problems last year, true, but they also found Whiteside who went off, had Deng (who a lot of people were slobbing on a few years back) and a few months of a max seeking Dragic. And they couldn't get the 8th in the weak East who everyone keeps trouncing on until a LeBron-less Heat team couldn't advance and overlooking that part fits their narrative.

I get not liking him but why do people hate this guy so much?
You missed my whole point, but that's ok. The reason why I'm not as big a fan of lebron as you is because I don't rate players that high that only get great numbers, but the numbers don't translate into champion domination. He just doesn't have what other greats have In terms of winning personality. Some people value winning more than great numbers and excuses.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 04:23 PM
You missed my whole point, but that's ok. The reason why I'm not as big a fan of lebron as you is because I don't rate players that high that only get great numbers, but the numbers don't translate into champion domination. He just doesn't have what other greats have In terms of winning personality. Some people value winning more than great numbers and excuses.

so only great players that have great roster support make it to the top of your rankings mountain.

What he doesn't have in terms of winning the other greats did have, is the caliber of players they had.

This is such an easy concept to understand, but so many don't. Interesting.

mgjohnson7851
06-05-2015, 04:26 PM
The only way Curry dethrones LeBron is if he does this for the next 5 years. Also realize that this GSW team is better than even the Miami team that LeBron was on.

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 04:30 PM
so only great players that have great roster support make it to the top of your rankings mountain.

What he doesn't have in terms of winning the other greats did have, is the caliber of players they had.

This is such an easy concept to understand, but so many don't. Interesting.
I'm not interested in hearing your excuses. The cavs team is built perfectly foe lebron. Lebron can put up 100 points, but if he doesn't do it when it matters (4th quarter and overtime) of BIG GAMES, it doesn't matter. All great players make role players look better than they are.

Aside from shaq and kobe the lakers had role players that played their role excellent. Same with the kobe and Pau lakers. I don't understand why you people think Lebron needs a team of

Anthony Davis
Marc Gasoline
Lebron James
James Harden
Chris Paul
To win a chip and it be fair.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 04:30 PM
The only way Curry dethrones LeBron is if he does this for the next 5 years. Also realize that this GSW team is better than even the Miami team that LeBron was on.

if you removed the top player from every team from 2010-2014, there were a handful of teams better than Miami.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 04:31 PM
I'm not interested in hearing your excuses. The cavs team is built perfectly foe lebron. Lebron can put up 100 points, but if he doesn't do it when it matters (4th quarter and overtime) of BIG GAMES, it doesn't matter. All great players make role players look better than they are.

Aside from shaq and kobe the lakers had role players that played their role excellent. Same with the kobe and Pau lakers. I don't understand why you people think Lebron needs a team of

Anthony Davis
Marc Gasoline
Lebron James
James Harden
Chris Paul

meh, you need talent to win chips. And with the Cavs 2nd, and 3rd best player out, there ain't none.

If you are depending on large contributions from JR Smith to win a championship, you are screwed.

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 04:33 PM
meh, you need talent to win chips. And with the Cavs 2nd, and 3rd best player out, there ain't none.

If you are depending on large contributions from JR Smith to win a championship, you are screwed.
So your telling me jr, mosgov, shump, TT haven't been playing good ball? Again, I'm not discounting the loses of kyrie and love. But your telling me these other guys have been playing like bums?

Saddletramp
06-05-2015, 04:45 PM

It's a team game bro. Kobe needed help, Jordan needed help. Hakeem didn't win every year, neither did Shaq.

So your telling me jr, mosgov, shump, TT haven't been playing good ball? Again, I'm not discounting the loses of kyrie and love. But your telling me these other guys have been playing like bums?

Anything to knock LeBron down. Just awful. "Perfectly built for LeBron"?
When hate turns to stupidity, it's not even worth having a conversation. These guys have never been anything but role players and backups. Ahhhhh, why do I bother.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 04:48 PM

Yes, they have performed as good role players. Smith got laughably hot for half a series, that wasn't staying, and TT and Mosgov are still guys who are nothing better than below average starters in the league. TT is a nice bench player though. I mean, you are crediting a Knick cast off, a Nugget cast off, and a guy who has been a career backup, and inflating them like they are these great role players that are carrying any type of load. They hit the shots that were fed to them, and kept some possessions alive. They aren't changing games anymore than Speights did last night.

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 04:48 PM
It's a team game bro. Kobe needed help, Jordan needed help. Hakeem didn't win every year, neither did Shaq.

When hate turns to stupidity, it's not even worth having a conversation. These guys have never been anything but role players and backups. Ahhhhh, why do I bother.
Man. Of course it's a team game. Have you ever played organized basketball? Great players get teams built around them and they lead their team to victory. The point that you keep missing is that great players propel their role players to be better than they are. So your saying that lebron needs an all star team to win? Because kobe and paus lakers certainly wasn't an all star team.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Man. Of course it's a team game. Have you ever played organized basketball? Great players get teams built around them and they lead their team to victory. The point that you keep missing is that great players propel their role players to be better than they are. So your saying that lebron needs an all star team to win? Because kobe and paus lakers certainly wasn't an all star team.

he had all stars on his team. They are gone haha. Easy to understand. So when the Cavs lose this series, it can't possibly be blamed on LeBron. You either want him to replace 38/17/10 in addition to his load, or expect that remaining crew to do it as efficiently, or at all?

If Pau, and Bynum go down, do the Lakers win ****? If Kobe, and pick whatever next best player you want go down in the finals from the 3-peat, do they win 1?

The answer is hell no.

mgjohnson7851
06-05-2015, 04:57 PM

Anthony Davis
Marc Gasoline
Lebron James
James Harden
Chris Paul
Lol Kobe and Gasol didn't make their role players look better than they were... the Lakers were incredibly deep. If you are trying to say that LeBron has had good role players, you are very ignorant.

bucketss
06-05-2015, 04:59 PM

give lebron prime pau, cavs win in 5.

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 05:00 PM
give lebron prime pau, cavs win in 5.
Lebron had prime Bosh and lost..... and prime wade for a season. And lost

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 05:02 PM

Which Bosh are you talking about? And Wade was Lt Dan for the last 2 finals runs for much of it. The only series I absolutely give LeBron credit for effing up, is 2011 finals.

bucketss
06-05-2015, 05:02 PM

and he won 2, just like kobe.

kobe lost 1, won twice. and didn't see the finals again.

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 05:04 PM
What?

nickdymez
06-05-2015, 05:05 PM
and he won 2, just like kobe.

kobe lost 1, won twice. and didn't see the finals again.
Bro I can't talk to you about Lebron, you make more excuses than anyone I've seen.

Which Bosh are you talking about? And Wade was Lt Dan for the last 2 finals runs for much of it. The only series I absolutely give LeBron credit for effing up, is 2011 finals.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Bro I can't talk to you about Lebron, you make more excuses than anyone I've seen.

well, you aren't capable of talking about anything related to LeBron, but in this case, it doesn't matter anyways. His next best 2 players are gone, and what is left, is a terrible roster for a so called championship level team. Now that Irving is out (he was already gimpy), there isn't a player in history that could lead this squad to a chip. The Warriors bring guys off the bench that are better than option #2 now for the Cavs.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 05:18 PM
http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/where-this-years-cavs-rank-among-lebrons-nba-finals-supporting-casts/

statistically speaking, LeBron's roster rankings for finals teams.
2007-4th worst cast carried by it's star since 1985.
2015-3rd worst cast carried by it's star since 1985 (an now the worst with Irving gone)

but whatever, right?

flea
06-05-2015, 05:39 PM
http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/where-this-years-cavs-rank-among-lebrons-nba-finals-supporting-casts/

statistically speaking, LeBron's roster rankings for finals teams.
2007-4th worst cast carried by it's star since 1985.
2015-3rd worst cast carried by it's star since 1985 (an now the worst with Irving gone)

but whatever, right?

Seen people reposting this a lot, looked at how they calculated their "SPM" (which is what the ranking is based on) and it's basically just D RTG and O RTG - box score stats, in other words, with some sort of league adjustment. So don't be fooled by the Plus/Minus moniker - this is a glorified version of WS or PER they are using to separate team contributions. Considering Lebron is a high-usage tweener forward with penetrating guard skills he will own these metrics.

Good defensive guards like Shumpert and sometimes Smith, good non-shotblocking bigs like Thompson, and rim protectors that don't have giant block % like Mozgov don't rate particularly highly on box score stats. But they are vital for the success of a purely offensive player like Lebron (at this point in his career). Hence why Bird's Celtics, Malone's Jazz, Dirk's Mavs, AI's Sixers overrate the scorers and underrate the casts.

Not a terrible ranking for team quality, but not a particularly good one. I'd say it rates as one of the better Lionel420 lists in terms of how interesting it is.

Hawkeye15
06-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Seen people reposting this a lot, looked at how they calculated their "SPM" (which is what the ranking is based on) and it's basically just D RTG and O RTG - box score stats, in other words, with some sort of league adjustment. So don't be fooled by the Plus/Minus moniker - this is a glorified version of WS or PER they are using to separate team contributions. Considering Lebron is a high-usage tweener forward with penetrating guard skills he will own these metrics.

Good defensive guards like Shumpert and sometimes Smith, good non-shotblocking bigs like Thompson, and rim protectors that don't have giant block % like Mozgov don't rate particularly highly on box score stats. But they are vital for the success of a purely offensive player like Lebron (at this point in his career). Hence why Bird's Celtics, Malone's Jazz, Dirk's Mavs, AI's Sixers overrate the scorers and underrate the casts.

Not a terrible ranking for team quality, but not a particularly good one. I'd say it rates as one of the better Lionel420 lists in terms of how interesting it is.

by no means is it a factual bible. But the way they score it is based on production value, so it's a pretty damn good list. Not perfect, but that is impossible.

Fact remains, when Love went down, his cast was already one of the worst ever. Now that Irving is down, it's terrible. By a cast in the finals that is, not for a 30 team comparison.

MVPKOBE43
06-05-2015, 05:45 PM

Thats what Im sayn. Who crowned LeBron in the first place. Self proclamation doesnt count

MVPKOBE43
06-05-2015, 05:48 PM

Yeah its really not worth wasting your time. People love being blinded by ________ (fill in the blank)

KnicksorBust
06-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Yes.

JordansBulls
06-05-2015, 05:53 PM
Rodman just went into the HOF, and he was in his prime in Chicago (he crushed Kemp, and nearly made Malone cry).

Wait Rodman was in his prime in Chicago from ages 35-37 but when it is mentioned Shaq on the Cavs in 2010 at 37 then it was he was old as heck or Ben Wallace on the Cavs in 2009 at 33.

And Kemp outplayed Rodman soo hard in that series. He averaged 20 and 10 on him.

L8kers4life
06-05-2015, 06:34 PM
God, the LeBron defenders are ridiculous. There is obviously people on here trolling you guys, just let it go for once in your life. Why do any of you LeBron fans care what the trolls and haters say? The fact you guys keep arguing the same point over and over is starting to make it look like you believe what these people are saying.

Here is the one thing I will say about LeBron fans, he has never done anything wrong, he has never played bad in his life, and if he ever loses dont you ever say any of it was his fault. And please dont ever say he played on a good team.

I Love the Lakers and I'm a Kobe fan, but at least I can admit certain things. Kobe is a chucker, yes.. Kobe wears out teammates and forces some away, yes... Kobe has had great teammates, yes, see it's not that hard to admit to things that people argue.

The day LeBron fans can do this just once, I will admit you guys are not biased and maybe I can stop hating him.

But as it stands now, PSD, ESPN, NBA.com, grantland, 589, they all do one thing, suck LeBrons balls, it's seriously getting old.

JWO35
06-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Thats what Im sayn. Who crowned LeBron in the first place. Self proclamation doesnt count
You could also look at it from the media perspective. James is viewed as the best player in the NBA, so if Curry takes down the "almighty LeBron James" will ESPN, NBATV, Fox, etc sell their LeBron stock & buy Curry's?

mgjohnson7851
06-05-2015, 07:34 PM
You could also look at it from the media perspective. James is viewed as the best player in the NBA, so if Curry takes down the "almighty LeBron James" will ESPN, NBATV, Fox, etc sell their LeBron stock & buy Curry's?
No chance of that happening. Hell even before last night's game they were saying that it's a match up of the mvp versus the best player in the world.

Curry needs continued success to become known as the best. Two years is not going to do it.... LeBron has done it for the better part of a decade.

lol, please
06-05-2015, 08:09 PM

Maybe if he didn't switch sceneries in the first place there wouldn't be statistical drop offs and he would have more respect, like Kobe or Curry

lol, please
06-05-2015, 08:09 PM
You could very much make the argument that Harden and AD were better than Lebron this season. That said, I think Harden showed that he also can't always be trusted when it matters and in no circumstance would I take him over Lebron. AD? The kid is already beginning his argument as being a more dominant player than LBJ, but the problem with his stats to me is that the steal/block totals are over-inflating some of his aggregate stats while still not quite translating to dominant D. He still has a lot to learn defensively and overall I'd probably still take Lebron. The Durant comment is dumb and I won't bother with that.

Curry, on the other hand, is doing this while leading the best squad in the league and is potentially on route to a Finals MVP over Lebron's Cavs. Combining that with his statistical superiority and regular season MVP, and you have yourself a solid case of player A > B. We'll see how the rest of the series shakes out.
Davis and Harden absolutely had better seasons than lebron. Saying otherwise is just irresponsible

lol, please
06-05-2015, 08:13 PM
I'm storing all their tears in a jar.
[emoji23]

lol, please
06-05-2015, 08:16 PM
I've had Durant at #2 since Kobe dropped off, though arguments can be made for Duncan. Right now it's Curry though, and he will probably reign for many years.

LA_Raiders
06-05-2015, 08:28 PM
No need to sweep, just beat him

Hardaway Here
06-05-2015, 08:58 PM

Miami not making the playoffs had nothing to do with LeBron and everything to do with the injuries that plagued multiple players all year. 2 of which were season enders Bosh and McBob

JWO35
06-05-2015, 09:29 PM
Miami not making the playoffs had nothing to do with LeBron and everything to do with the injuries that plagued multiple players all year. 2 of which were season enders Bosh and McBob
Yeah I think when Bosh went down their hopes of making the playoffs went with him...The heat didn't go from champions to chumps just because LeBron James left

Tony_Starks
06-06-2015, 02:24 AM
God, the LeBron defenders are ridiculous. There is obviously people on here trolling you guys, just let it go for once in your life. Why do any of you LeBron fans care what the trolls and haters say? The fact you guys keep arguing the same point over and over is starting to make it look like you believe what these people are saying.

Here is the one thing I will say about LeBron fans, he has never done anything wrong, he has never played bad in his life, and if he ever loses dont you ever say any of it was his fault. And please dont ever say he played on a good team.

I Love the Lakers and I'm a Kobe fan, but at least I can admit certain things. Kobe is a chucker, yes.. Kobe wears out teammates and forces some away, yes... Kobe has had great teammates, yes, see it's not that hard to admit to things that people argue.

The day LeBron fans can do this just once, I will admit you guys are not biased and maybe I can stop hating him.

But as it stands now, PSD, ESPN, NBA.com, grantland, 589, they all do one thing, suck LeBrons balls, it's seriously getting old.

I don't think we will ever see Lebron fans really call him on the carpet. As far as they're concerned he's received the most unfair criticism ever, is capable of literally doing anything he wants statistically, has done the most of any superstar ever, it's never his fault, and he's played with some of the worst support ever..... even in Miami!

Once you realize that narrative will continue to get regurgitated in some fashion regardless of the scenario then it's just to be expected.

Happens like clockwork.

mgjohnson7851
06-06-2015, 02:48 AM
Maybe if he didn't switch sceneries in the first place there wouldn't be statistical drop offs and he would have more respect, like Kobe or Curry
Kobe had a front office willing to give him help, and saying Curry won't leave eventually is a little premature.

sammyvine
06-06-2015, 05:31 AM
Is it just me who prefers Curry's game to Lebron's?

I dont think Lebron's game exciting at all even though he is the best.

IBleedPurple
06-06-2015, 06:36 AM
Bump 4 relevance

Without question he does.Without question he does not.

Red_Pill
06-06-2015, 05:18 PM
No, Lebron is still better. And KD is better than both of them. KD and Lebron can at least play some defense. Steph is like Steve Nash. Great shooter, good passer, and mediocre defensively. Yeah, he gets steals, but steals don't equal good defense the same way just getting blocks doesn't make you a good defender.

likemystylez
06-06-2015, 05:21 PM
No, Lebron is still better. And KD is better than both of them. KD and Lebron can at least play some defense. Steph is like Steve Nash. Great shooter, good passer, and mediocre defensively. Yeah, he gets steals, but steals don't equal good defense the same way just getting blocks doesn't make you a good defender.

steph isnt a lockdown defensive player- but he is above average. he is wayyyyyy better than steve nash.

Red_Pill
06-06-2015, 05:22 PM
How can you rank an injured player of the reigning MVP who led his team to 67 wins?

Durant had a better season, and much of it was without Westbrook. Steph has a fully loaded stacked team. Stephs 2015 stats were very similar to his stats in 2014. He's a great player, but he's not the best.

Red_Pill
06-06-2015, 05:24 PM
steph isnt a lockdown defensive player- but he is above average. he is wayyyyyy better than steve nash.

I know he's better than Nash in that regard, but it's the best comparison I could think. Steph, at best, is an average defender who gambles and gets lucky. He's a much better offensive player than he is a defender. And I think LBJ and Durant are better on the defensive end, while still being able to do whatever they want offensively.

tredigs
06-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Durant had a better season, and much of it was without Westbrook. Steph has a fully loaded stacked team. Stephs 2015 stats were very similar to his stats in 2014. He's a great player, but he's not the best.

They were similar to his 2014 stats, but better in every way. Better PPP, TS%, Rebound%, Assist%, steal%, PER, WS, BPM, VORP, RPM, etc. Led the NBA in many cats as well. MVP aside, he was statistically arguably the top player in the league. It's sort of a shame they blew out so many teams, because seeing his counting stats jump more would've been fun. Also, rather than hiding him on a lesser offensive player defensively like Mark did (which in a rare criticism of that coach, Curry said he couldn't stand), Kerr challenged him against the other point this season. He's not fantastic, but he's a +defender, and I'm not sure why you think he gambles too much. That's not a part of his game defensively at all.

Red_Pill
06-06-2015, 05:52 PM
They were similar to his 2014 stats, but better in every way. Better PPP, TS%, Rebound%, Assist%, steal%, PER, WS, BPM, VORP, RPM, etc. Led the NBA in many cats as well. MVP aside, he was statistically arguably the top player in the league. It's sort of a shame they blew out so many teams, because seeing his counting stats jump more would've been fun. Also, rather than hiding him on a lesser offensive player defensively like Mark did (which in a rare criticism of that coach, Curry said he couldn't stand), Kerr challenged him against the other point this season. He's not fantastic, but he's a +defender, and I'm not sure why you think he gambles too much. That's not a part of his game defensively at all.

Yeah, he was more efficient given he was playing less time. His season was better than last years, but I still don't think he's the best player in the league. He's got the fortune to be playing on a stacked team in which some of their bench players are better than some teams starters. He can rely on others to do some of the heavy lifting. It's part of the reason I don't believe he deserved the MVP over Harden who literally had to carry his team to that 2nd seed.

Steph is a phenomenal talent, though. He's definitely taken his game to a whole new level. I mean, it's crazy that we're even discussing Steph being better than Lebron. Go back a year and people would think a conversation like this is nuts.

SteveNash
06-06-2015, 06:03 PM

What? Prime Nash was a much better overall defender than Curry now, Curry just has wayyyyyyyy better defensive teammates.

buck4493
06-06-2015, 10:25 PM
Yeah I think when Bosh went down their hopes of making the playoffs went with him...The heat didn't go from champions to chumps just because LeBron James left

Yeah it was injuries, haaaa with healthy bosh they were sub. 500,

buck4493
06-06-2015, 10:49 PM
Comparing curry and LeBron, absolute comedy.

Yes the Warriors won game one however LeBron was easily the best and by far most dominant player on floor. I'm not a fan of either team but it was pretty clear who was in charge of that game.

I really hope LeBron goes to blatt for game two and says I will be guarding curry all game. It will take all of 2 minutes to show how ridiculous the comparison is. LeBron would shut him down.

I like curry a lot but isn't in same category as LeBron, not even close.

So if a trade was proposed from Cleveland to gst LeBron for curry what person in right mind would decline it.

Tell me this hypothetically top 10 teams in East if LeBron was on any of them which one wouldn't make the finals? We already know he won two rings with 10th place, so I would comfortably say all of them. Absolutely no way curry could do same.

Warriors won one game which easily could have lost and this is what happens, wow!! James looked awful dropping 44 on the Warriors.

buck4493
06-06-2015, 10:59 PM
Starting lineup 06-07
James
Drew gooden
Ilgauskas
Sasha pavlovic
Larry hughes

Take James off insert curry, cavs making finals??
Hell no

lol, please
06-06-2015, 11:05 PM

Yes the Warriors won game one however LeBron was easily the best and by far most dominant player on floor. I'm not a fan of either team but it was pretty clear who was in charge of that game.

I really hope LeBron goes to blatt for game two and says I will be guarding curry all game. It will take all of 2 minutes to show how ridiculous the comparison is. LeBron would shut him down.

So if a trade was proposed from Cleveland to gst LeBron for curry what person in right mind would decline it.

Tell me this hypothetically top 10 teams in East if LeBron was on any of them which one wouldn't make the finals? We already know he won two rings with 10th place, so I would comfortably say all of them. Absolutely no way curry could do same.

Warriors won one game which easily could have lost and this is what happens, wow!! James looked awful dropping 44 on the Warriors.
Cavaliers would trade lebron for Curry in a heartbeat. Are you kidding me?

buck4493
06-06-2015, 11:21 PM
R u saying golden state wouldn't do that deal???

They would won 5 titles in a row

tredigs
06-07-2015, 12:58 AM
Yeah, he was more efficient given he was playing less time. His season was better than last years, but I still don't think he's the best player in the league. He's got the fortune to be playing on a stacked team in which some of their bench players are better than some teams starters. He can rely on others to do some of the heavy lifting. It's part of the reason I don't believe he deserved the MVP over Harden who literally had to carry his team to that 2nd seed.

Steph is a phenomenal talent, though. He's definitely taken his game to a whole new level. I mean, it's crazy that we're even discussing Steph being better than Lebron. Go back a year and people would think a conversation like this is nuts.

I don't buy the efficiency/time argument. He could've quite easily played 6 more minutes a game at 100%. We know this because he has, and it's not as if his efficiency was at this level in those seasons for the first 33 minutes, then just fell apart in the 4th. He's just a more efficient/better/smarter player now. It's clear as day if you watch him.

basch152
06-07-2015, 01:09 AM

Are you serious right now?

Look, I think LeBron is better than curry, but he doesn't match up well defensively against him at all.

Curry is quicker with amazing handles, LeBron would struggle to keep up with him.

Curry WANTS those bigger guys on him, that's how he scores most of his points.

Watch how often GS runs screens until a forward or Center has to match up on Curry, and then they go into ISO because Curry beats them every single time.

ThaDubs
06-07-2015, 02:55 AM
Starting lineup 06-07
James
Drew gooden
Ilgauskas
Sasha pavlovic
Larry hughes

Take James off insert curry, cavs making finals??
Hell no

Didn't realize it was 2007 right now. Bout to go cop me an iPhone 1.

ThaDubs
06-07-2015, 02:57 AM
A lot of the people ITT remind me of the NBA YouTube comments section... "Steph sucks at defense, is nearly the same as last year, *brings up past to make point pertaining to present*"...

Bostonjorge
06-07-2015, 03:24 AM
Curry is making James his little brother.

bgdreton
06-07-2015, 06:09 AM

Umm lebron at this point can't even guard Iggy. He crossed him twice easy, once for a jumper and once to the rim. Curry not only will still get his but Lebron would be too tired and his efficiency would drop tremendously. Lebron Defensively has lost a step it's very clear. Leonard was giving it to him and Paul George the same when he was healthy a couple years back. Curry is way above both those players offensively so no

buck4493
06-07-2015, 06:38 AM
Curry is making James his little brother.

Really so why is LeBron out playing him.

buck4493
06-07-2015, 06:42 AM

Umm lebron at this point can't even guard Iggy. He crossed him twice easy, once for a jumper and once to the rim. Curry not only will still get his but Lebron would be too tired and his efficiency would drop tremendously. Lebron Defensively has lost a step it's very clear. Leonard was giving it to him and Paul George the same when he was healthy a couple years back. Curry is way above both those players offensively so no

Really doesn't matter comparing a guy to one of greatest ever in his prime is ridiculous.

Curry isn't a top 3 player right now let alone better than LeBron.

Did curry choke last year?? Must have. LeBron isn't allowed to lose so if u want to compare curry has zero rings and has only list in playoffs

basch152
06-07-2015, 06:42 AM

How is having one extremely high usage game with pretty weak efficiency outplaying anyone?

IBleedPurple
06-07-2015, 07:00 AM

How is having one extremely high usage game with pretty weak efficiency outplaying anyone?Lets just forget about the rest of each team, and why usage may go up. I (really) dislike Lebron, but the better player is pretty clear, and has been for quite a while.

Sidenote: the Cavs would not trade Lebron for Curry in a heartbeat, maybe about 126 million heartbeats, or about 3 years from now.

FraziersKnicks
06-07-2015, 08:18 AM
I don't think we will ever see Lebron fans really call him on the carpet. As far as they're concerned he's received the most unfair criticism ever, is capable of literally doing anything he wants statistically, has done the most of any superstar ever, it's never his fault, and he's played with some of the worst support ever..... even in Miami!

Once you realize that narrative will continue to get regurgitated in some fashion regardless of the scenario then it's just to be expected.

Happens like clockwork.

But this just isn't true. I'm sure I'm regarded as one of LeBron's biggest supporters and defenders on these forums but I won't blindly defend him.

He played like absolute **** in the '11 Finals and that's a knock on his legacy. "The Decision" was poor taste (but he did raise $6m for charity by doing it). I'm not one that believes LeBron could "average a triple double if he wanted" or score "40 every night if he wanted". On a forum with as many people such as this, with two of the most polarising athletes of all-time, you're gonna have a fair few people on the extreme ends of the spectrum in terms of blindly defending their idol. The key is deciding which ones are unrealistically biased and completely ignoring them whilst engaging in discussions with the people who seem more realistic. In my opinion, LeBron will never dethrone Jordan. I think he'll finish his career top 5 all-time and I think he has a shot at top 3 all-time but it's certainly not a foregone conclusion.

It is exactly the same with Kobe fans though. There are a ton who will just shout "5 ringz" "he played in da west" "kobe iz better".

I'm still actually waiting for an anti-LeBron, pro-Kobe poster to form a coherent argument as to why Kobe is the better player that isn't based around "moar ringz" or "killa instinct".

lol, please
06-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Really doesn't matter comparing a guy to one of greatest ever in his prime is ridiculous.

Did curry choke last year?? Must have. LeBron isn't allowed to lose so if u want to compare curry has zero rings and has only list in playoffs
Curry is not a top 3 player? The hate is real...

buck4493
06-07-2015, 11:58 AM

How is having one extremely high usage game with pretty weak efficiency outplaying anyone?Lets just forget about the rest of each team, and why usage may go up. I (really) dislike Lebron, but the better player is pretty clear, and has been for quite a while.

Sidenote: the Cavs would not trade Lebron for Curry in a heartbeat, maybe about 126 million

heartbeats, or about 3 years from now.

Well god no they wouldn't trade him I was asking warriors fans if they would turn a curry for LeBron trade. Since again this thread is dethroned James.

Curry is great, like watching him but to even compare is comedy

buck4493
06-07-2015, 12:03 PM

How is having one extremely high usage game with pretty weak efficiency outplaying anyone?

High usage, haaaa

They guy had 42 points and game was tied at end of regulation.

I could care less about either team but be objective. I like Paul George more than LeBron but wouldn't ever even consider saying he is better. Even if he beat lebrons team

Oh and I would take p George over curry anyday. Way better all around player with size and lock down defender

ThaDubs
06-07-2015, 12:12 PM

LeBron isn't outplaying Curry now and he wasn't doing it during the regular season. And Curry not a top 3 player? Are you crazy? He's had a better season and postseason than LeBron. THE RINGS ARGUMENT? So now Robert Horry was a superstar right? And Derek Fisher an all-time great? God damn you're straight out the YouTube comments section. What the hell are you doing on a sports forum? Curry has a super legit case already for being the best basketball player in the world presently, and where LeBron is on the all-time list and how many rings he has compared to Curry doesn't change that in the slightest.

Alan Shore
06-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Lebron hate is surreal in this place. I love Curry but come on if they switched places there would be no difference.

As long as dethroning I must say one finals win with a much superior team won't do that.

ThaDubs
06-07-2015, 12:22 PM
Oh and I would take p George over curry anyday. Way better all around player with size and lock down defender

There are inhuman levels of stupidity ITT. Paul George. A "way better all around player" than Curry? You just started watching the NBA I'm guessing? He's a better defender than Curry... and that's where it ends. Curry is a worlds better scorer, a worlds better passer, has way better intangibles like the fact that he causes wide open layups to happen just by coming around a screen off-ball, he shoots way, way better percentages from everywhere... just stop.

tp13baby
06-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Curry is my favorite player in the NBA. Great to watch, but to me its much more than him. GS to me is one of the best teams put together of this era. I'm not just talking talent but the role players they have are unreal. Kerr deserves just as much credit as any player on that team. To be a top defensive team and offensive team (2nd) in efficiency is unreal.

And the rings argument is stupid and always will be.

Scoots
06-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Oh and I would take p George over curry anyday. Was a Way better all around player with size and lock down defender

Fixed it for you. ;)

I like George, but at his best he didn't control the game like Curry at his best.

On the subject in general:

I don't think any player is flawless and I think a lot of the "hate" stuff is just people pushing back on the LeBron "love" rather than any actual analysis.

The Cavs have said that LeBron dominating the ball had a negative effect on the rest of the team and they are going to look to find a way to not have him do that which plays into the Warriors hands in that they singled LeBron KNOWING he'd go off.

LeBron > Curry no question and it will NEVER be any different. I prefer Curry because he's so fun to watch, but he'll never surpass LeBron overall, just like LeBron will never surpass Mike.

ThaDubs
06-07-2015, 12:38 PM
LeBron > Curry no question and it will NEVER be any different. I prefer Curry because he's so fun to watch, but he'll never surpass LeBron overall, just like LeBron will never surpass Mike.

Why are people afraid of the idea of LeBron not being the best player in the world? Sure, of the league's current active players, he's the highest on the all-time list, but Curry has had a better season than LeBron by a relatively wide margin, and considering Curry is just entering his peak and LeBron just began declining, I'm willing to bet good money that this trend of Steph being statistically superior to LeBron is going to continue.

buck4493
06-07-2015, 12:41 PM

LeBron isn't outplaying Curry now and he wasn't doing it during the regular season. And Curry not a top 3 player? Are you crazy? He's had a better season and postseason than LeBron. THE RINGS ARGUMENT? So now Robert Horry was a superstar right? And Derek Fisher an all-time great? God damn you're straight out the YouTube comments section. What the hell are you doing on a sports forum? Curry has a super legit case already for being the best basketball player in the world presently, and where LeBron is on the all-time list and how many rings he has compared to Curry doesn't change that in the slightest.

#1 curry did not have a better regular season
# 2 he has not had a better postseason.

LeBron line 28-10-7
Curry 30-?-8

Lebrons stats in every category were better in regular season. They just didn't win 67 games. Nor should they have golden St has a better team

He dies not have a case to be best. Russell Westbrook is better. He was amazing this year

buck4493
06-07-2015, 12:43 PM

On the ring thing what does Horry and fisher have to do with anything

Better hope curry wins it. Otherwise will be a massive choke job

buck4493
06-07-2015, 12:44 PM

Why are people afraid of the idea of LeBron not being the best player in the world? Sure, of the league's current active players, he's the highest on the all-time list, but Curry has had a better season than LeBron by a relatively wide margin, and considering Curry is just entering his peak and LeBron just began declining, I'm willing to bet good money that this trend of Steph being statistically superior to LeBron is going to continue.

Please explain in detail how curry had a better year

ThaDubs
06-07-2015, 12:53 PM
Please explain in detail how curry had a better year

On a per minute basis he is superior in really every way. Scoring, passing, steals, turns it over way less. Better offensive and defensive rating, higher BPM, RPM, WS/48, PER, and VORP. His advanced stats have been superior to LeBron's all across the board in the postseason as well.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&y1=2015&p1=curryst01&y2=2015&p2=jamesle01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

phantasyyy
06-07-2015, 12:54 PM

LeBron line 28-10-7
Curry 30-?-8

Lebrons stats in every category were better in regular season. They just didn't win 67 games. Nor should they have golden St has a better team

He dies not have a case to be best. Russell Westbrook is better. He was amazing this year

when all credibility is lost..

i love me some westbrook, but i don't think you have taken efficiency into consideration.

ThaDubs
06-07-2015, 01:00 PM

LeBron line 28-10-7
Curry 30-?-8

Westbrook was not better than Curry lmao. He had the luxury of finishing 85% of his team's possessions. He shot horrific %s from the floor and turned it over nearly 5 times per 36. Steph's stats with a 38% usage rate would be absolutely ridiculous.

Scoots
06-07-2015, 01:02 PM

Sure, but if you are talking about legacy then I don't see Curry catching and surpassing LeBron which is all I was talking about.

ThaDubs
when all credibility is lost..

i love me some westbrook, but i don't think you have taken efficiency into consideration.

But dood, didn't you see all of his triple doubles last year? You know he's being compared to Big O man? Westbrook is a goat

ThaDubs
Sure, but if you are talking about legacy then I don't see Curry catching and surpassing LeBron which is all I was talking about.

Oh my bad.

Scoots
06-07-2015, 01:07 PM
On a per minute basis he is superior in really every way. Scoring, passing, steals, turns it over way less. Better offensive and defensive rating, higher BPM, RPM, WS/48, PER, and VORP. His advanced stats have been superior to LeBron's all across the board in the postseason as well.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&y1=2015&p1=curryst01&y2=2015&p2=jamesle01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

Just saw a stat I didn't know ... Curry only played 120 minutes more than LeBron this season despite playing 11 more games. And that's for the regular season. In the Playoffs LeBron has played 1 fewer games and has played 2 more minutes. I think we've seen LeBron's efficiency drop the last 2 years for that precise reason, and Steph's at a career high because of that as well. Fatigue is a bastard and it is undefeated.

ThaDubs
06-07-2015, 01:14 PM
Just saw a stat I didn't know ... Curry only played 120 minutes more than LeBron this season despite playing 11 more games. And that's for the regular season. In the Playoffs LeBron has played 1 fewer games and has played 2 more minutes. I think we've seen LeBron's efficiency drop the last 2 years for that precise reason, and Steph's at a career high because of that as well. Fatigue is a bastard and it is undefeated.

I agree with your reasoning, but I think Steph would be just fine playing heavy minutes. We saw him play at a very high level two years ago playing more total minutes than LeBron has since 10-11. He's getting heavy minutes now in these playoffs and well... the results speak for themselves.

Scoots
06-07-2015, 01:24 PM
I agree with your reasoning, but I think Steph would be just fine playing heavy minutes. We saw him play at a very high level two years ago playing more total minutes than LeBron has since 10-11. He's getting heavy minutes now in these playoffs and well... the results speak for themselves.

But you are assuming the results are not cumulative when in fact they are, not linearly but they are cumulative.

ThaDubs
06-07-2015, 02:03 PM
But you are assuming the results are not cumulative when in fact they are, not linearly but they are cumulative.

True, but LeBron is such an athletic freak that I'm guessing any fatigue he has is a result of aging rather than cumulative seasons with heavy minutes. I don't really disagree with you though in regards to LeBron, I just disagree with the idea that Curry's greatness is a result of low minutes. I hope he plays 36+ minutes next season so he can put up some crazy numbers.

Scoots
06-07-2015, 02:09 PM
True, but LeBron is such an athletic freak that I'm guessing any fatigue he has is a result of aging rather than cumulative seasons with heavy minutes. I don't really disagree with you though in regards to LeBron, I just disagree with the idea that Curry's greatness is a result of low minutes. I hope he plays 36+ minutes next season so he can put up some crazy numbers.

I didn't say anything about Curry's greatness, just his efficiency. There is reasonable evidence that players who are fatigued have significant drops in efficiency.

Saddletramp
06-07-2015, 02:19 PM

So when your team isn't performing to your expectations it's not ok to switch? That's rich coming from front running fair weather fan like you.

lol, please
06-07-2015, 02:24 PM
High usage, haaaa

I could care less about either team but be objective. I like Paul George more than LeBron but wouldn't ever even consider saying he is better. Even if he beat lebrons team

Paul George over Curry? Not sure if serious...

ThaDubs
06-07-2015, 02:38 PM
I didn't say anything about Curry's greatness, just his efficiency. There is reasonable evidence that players who are fatigued have significant drops in efficiency.

I'm really having trouble understanding you this morning lol. But yeah I agree, but overall I still think Curry's superiority to LeBron this season had little to nothing to do with fatigue. I think Curry could maintain efficiency with heavy minutes like he has in these playoffs.

buck4493
06-07-2015, 02:40 PM

There are inhuman levels of stupidity ITT. Paul George. A "way better all around player" than Curry? You just started watching the NBA I'm guessing? He's a better defender than Curry... and that's where it ends. Curry is a worlds better scorer, a worlds better passer, has way better intangibles like the fact that he causes wide open layups to happen just by coming around a screen off-ball, he shoots way, way better percentages from everywhere... just stop.

Yeah I just started watching, curry needed an excellent team to get where he is. His first three years his team was horrific, why? If he's the best

Paul George is two years younger and already has led team to more conference finals. Unfortunately he got hurt this year or would have likely been three in a row.
G St other than this year in Currys 6th season had never finished higher than 6th place in conference. Oh and 3 incredible 12th place or worse finishes.
So I don't see how you just dismiss George at his age he is a better player than curry was. Let's see what happens.

buck4493
06-07-2015, 02:47 PM
High usage, haaaa

Paul George over Curry? Not sure if serious...
Absolutely serious, bird would never trade pg fir curry if that was on table guy is now 24 and has led them to two conference finals.

I just value a 6-9 versatile player over curry that's all.
Look I like curry but Jesus he has led his team to one impressive year out of six.

ThaDubs
06-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Yeah I just started watching, curry needed an excellent team to get where he is. His first three years his team was horrific, why? If he's the best

Paul George is two years younger and already has led team to more conference finals. Unfortunately he got hurt this year or would have likely been three in a row.
G St other than this year in Currys 6th season had never finished higher than 6th place in conference. Oh and 3 incredible 12th place or worse finishes.
So I don't see how you just dismiss George at his age he is a better player than curry was. Let's see what happens.

My god, you are everything I hate about dumb NBA fans. Age has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Curry's first 3 seasons have absolutely nothing to do with anything. As of now, in the present, currently, Paul George doesn't even sniff Steph as a basketball player. I can't believe someone actually thinks this. Just stop.

ThaDubs
06-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Absolutely serious, bird would never trade pg fir curry if that was on table guy is now 24 and has led them to two conference finals.

Look I like curry but Jesus he has led his team to one impressive year out of six.

Your logic is absolutely terrifying. Curry isn't as good as George now because he didn't carry a terrible supporting cast to the playoffs when he was younger? He just led a team to nearly 70 wins. I'd love to see PG do that.

tredigs
06-07-2015, 04:00 PM
^The Buck44 guys defense of Lebron having a better regular season/playoffs than Curry was to list his box-score #'s without any %'s or context. He is the lowest common denominator of an NBA fan and should be ignored accordingly.

I'm very willing to debate who had the better year between the two and who is currently playing at a higher level in the playoffs, but why would we bother with someone at that level infant level of knowledge? Who cares what he thinks?

Saddletramp
06-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Buck was a LeBron troll just being an idiot to rile you guys up.

Bostonjorge
06-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Curry dethrones James today.

buck4493
06-07-2015, 04:17 PM

Your logic is absolutely terrifying. Curry isn't as good as George now because he didn't carry a terrible supporting cast to the playoffs when he was younger? He just led a team to nearly 70 wins. I'd love to see PG do that.

LeBron had no problem carrying a terrible supporting cast, what's Currys excuse?

And maybe pg will who knows. Won 56 with less talent than curry has

SteveNash
06-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Game 1 showed that Curry is not even better than Kyrie let alone LeBron.

Bostonjorge
06-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Game 1 showed that Curry is not even better than Kyrie let alone LeBron.
Curry won the game.

ThaDubs
06-07-2015, 04:22 PM
LeBron had no problem carrying a terrible supporting cast, what's Currys excuse?

LeBron had one of the most dominant regular seasons in NBA history playing in the east. You need to quit clinging to the past.

Saddletramp
06-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Curry won the game.

The Warriors won the game.

Munkeysuit
06-07-2015, 05:20 PM
You have got to be kidding me with this post.

lol, please
06-07-2015, 06:00 PM
You have got to be kidding me with this post.
Which post?

buck4493
06-07-2015, 06:11 PM

LeBron had one of the most dominant regular seasons in NBA history playing in the east. You need to quit clinging to the past.

Plays 30 games against the west.

The past matters LeBron is in his prime

Good luck to your warriors and curry.

Just think putting g curry as the best is completely a fans perspective, not an objective one

buck4493
06-07-2015, 06:16 PM

Yeah he played in East, yet somehow did the same against west.

ThaDubs
06-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Plays 30 games against the west.

The past matters LeBron is in his prime

Good luck to your warriors and curry.

Just think putting g curry as the best is completely a fans perspective, not an objective one

Hes better than LeBron this season, that is not subjective.

Sandman
06-07-2015, 06:39 PM
No. This was a soft season as far as players getting hurt.

Not taking anything away, but you're asking for something extra.

Sandman
06-07-2015, 06:42 PM
I am waiting for them to put Curry on LeBron like they did to Derrick Rose a few years back. If he played well and played through that, I'd consider it.

tredigs
06-07-2015, 07:13 PM
I am waiting for them to put Curry on LeBron like they did to Derrick Rose a few years back. If he played well and played through that, I'd consider it.

Tougher guard because you can't give him an inch and Lebron's not as quick laterally now as he was then. If they try it, it'll be a short experiment.

Sandman
06-07-2015, 07:28 PM
I don't think Curry is as fast as Rose was either but yeah it'd be interesting. IMO if he could guard Rose he could guard anybody in the league.

Definitely a few years older but I'd pay to see that.

tredigs
06-07-2015, 07:44 PM
I don't think Curry is as fast as Rose was either but yeah it'd be interesting. IMO if he could guard Rose he could guard anybody in the league.

Definitely a few years older but I'd pay to see that.

Rose is faster for sure but with Curry you have to deal with his crossovers and lighting quick release. He'd just cross 'Bron up real quick and get his shot up, or burn by him with his fake-pullup pumpfake thing he does when larger guys attempt to get on him and they lunge at what they think is about to be a shot. That's what he did on AD 4 or 5 times when tried his luck on him.

Who knows though, if Lebron's stuck in maybe he could pull it off for a play here and there. Gotta factor in how gassing it is to chase Curry around as well. He'd probably only get the chance to ISO D him off of a screen.

SteveNash
06-07-2015, 11:19 PM
Game 2 showed that Curry is not even better than Delly let alone LeBron.

lol, please
06-07-2015, 11:40 PM
Game 2 showed that Curry is not even better than Delly let alone LeBron.
Curry is leagues above delly. Delly just played out of his mind defense and made some clutch shots. Curry will not play this poorly again.

SteveNash
06-07-2015, 11:47 PM
Curry is leagues above delly. Delly just played out of his mind defense and made some clutch shots. Curry will not play this poorly again.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/607754003783376896

buck4493
06-07-2015, 11:48 PM
Curry isn't on same planet as LeBron. Hopefully that game ended the silly debate

Curry worst 3 pt shooting in NBA finals history and Shutout by a back up.
Gst should be embarrassed losing at home to that rostet

mjt20mik
06-07-2015, 11:49 PM
Lets not be rash.. Curry is the best guard in this league.

However, the dude choked hard tonight. If Lebron played this bad, everyone would be on his case. Clearly Lebron is still the best player in this league.

mjt20mik
06-07-2015, 11:50 PM
Curry isn't on same planet as LeBron. Hopefully that game ended the silly debate

This.

buck4493
06-07-2015, 11:58 PM
That had to be one of worst performances by a league MVP in the history of nba.

FlashBolt
06-08-2015, 12:22 AM
Here's how I answer this:

Could you imagine LeBron's team still having a chance to win the game if he played the way Curry did? Cavs would have been blown out from the first quarter if that ever happened. Oh yeah, and media critics/haters are going to be on their keyboard talking smack nonstop.

ThaDubs
06-08-2015, 12:27 AM

So one ****** game totally negates LeBron's statistical inferiority to Curry in both the regular and postseason?

FlashBolt
06-08-2015, 12:29 AM
So one ****** game totally negates LeBron's statistical inferiority to Curry in both the regular and postseason?

No, but if you think Curry>LeBron, you're delusional. This game proved it and last game proved it as well. James stepped up, did everything he can for his team to win. Curry steps down and defers to Klay Thompson. Shoots 2-15 from three and horrible efficiency overall with 6 turnovers, but they were still up 1 late in the game? Okay, now tell me how this goes for the Cavs if Bron gave that performance.