PDA

View Full Version : If GS sweeps the Cavs does Curry dethrone LBJ?

Pages : 1 [2]

Kenny
06-08-2015, 12:30 AM
So one ****** game totally negates LeBron's statistical inferiority to Curry in both the regular and postseason?

Curry is fantastic and will probably catch fire next game. But if you think Curry is in the same league as Lebron as a player your lost. The gap between Lebron and the 2nd best player is laughable.

FlashBolt
06-08-2015, 12:31 AM
Curry is fantastic and will probably catch fire next game. But if you think Curry is in the same league as Lebron as a player your lost. The gap between Lebron and the 2nd best player is laughable.

Disagree. KD is probably the second best player and Davis is the third. The gap between the 1st to 2nd/3rd is nowhere laughable.

JLynn943
06-08-2015, 12:38 AM
Curry is primarily a shooter, and these games happen to shooters. It's the risk you take when you rely on jump shooting as much as he/the warriors do.

Curry is great, but he's nowhere close to the player LeBron is.

ThaDubs
06-08-2015, 01:07 AM
No, but if you think Curry>LeBron, you're delusional. This game proved it and last game proved it as well. James stepped up, did everything he can for his team to win. Curry steps down and defers to Klay Thompson. Shoots 2-15 from three and horrible efficiency overall with 6 turnovers, but they were still up 1 late in the game? Okay, now tell me how this goes for the Cavs if Bron gave that performance.

It took Klay having his best game of the playoffs and Curry having the worst game of his career for your argument to be valid. Lmao.

ThaDubs
06-08-2015, 01:10 AM

How is the gap laughable? Curry has better advanced stats during these playoffs and an all-around way better regular season statline than LeBron. I agree LeBron is the best in the world but the gap is very small. 3 year ago it was large. LeBron was spectacular tonight but you act like this was some sort of unforgettable performance. He was 11-35 from the field and got a lot of easy assists of double teams. I was far more impressed with Dellavadova.

mjt20mik
06-08-2015, 01:13 AM
This also upset me with the MVP voting. Curry is the an amazing player, but I think he gets a lot of credit when his team is insanely deep and well coached. I think the Most Valuable Player this year to their team should have been James Harden, due to the fact that he does not have clearly anywhere close to the support Curry had.

G_S_W
06-08-2015, 02:38 AM
How is the gap laughable? Curry has better advanced stats during these playoffs and an all-around way better regular season statline than LeBron. I agree LeBron is the best in the world but the gap is very small. 3 year ago it was large. LeBron was spectacular tonight but you act like this was some sort of unforgettable performance. He was 11-35 from the field and got a lot of easy assists of double teams. I was far more impressed with Dellavadova.

Please stop.

G_S_W
06-08-2015, 02:45 AM
This also upset me with the MVP voting. Curry is the an amazing player, but I think he gets a lot of credit when his team is insanely deep and well coached. I think the Most Valuable Player this year to their team should have been James Harden, due to the fact that he does not have clearly anywhere close to the support Curry had.

As a warriors fan, I'm reluctant to say this, but I am fairly certain the media had decided to award the MVP to curry just a couple of months into the regular season. It's one of the oddities of nba mvp voting, but a "groupthink" consensus tends to develop very early on, and that bias is very difficult to overcome regardless of what happens later in the season.

Harden was by no means a clear cut MVP, but he was probably handicapped in the voting by "personality factors" such as the perception that he is arrogant, has a reputation for partying too much, etc. Of course, some of his on-court antics (ridiculous flopping, ball hogging iso ball), as well as Morey's politically incorrect statements (throwing all of harden's teammates under the bus in order to promote harden's campaign) didn't help either. Add to that harden's very questionable defensive effort.

Regardless, curry is just far more presentable as a "face of the league." I do think steph's marketability handicapped Harden and that he should have received stronger consideration, perhaps not enough to sway the vote in his favor, but enough to at least make his candidacy more viable, and to prevent an early consensus that the award was steph's to lose (only under catastrophic circumstances apparently).

IBleedPurple
06-08-2015, 03:23 AM
No, but if you think Curry>LeBron, you're delusional. This game proved it and last game proved it as well. James stepped up, did everything he can for his team to win. Curry steps down and defers to Klay Thompson. Shoots 2-15 from three and horrible efficiency overall with 6 turnovers, but they were still up 1 late in the game? Okay, now tell me how this goes for the Cavs if Bron gave that performance.

It took Klay having his best game of the playoffs and Curry having the worst game of his career for your argument to be valid. Lmao.The argument is still quite valid, just the example is specific to this game, and it's a good point.

ThaDubs
06-08-2015, 04:18 AM
The argument is still quite valid, just the example is specific to this game, and it's a good point.

The Cavs are without Kyrie and Kevin Love, so there's no equivalent for LeBron's Klay. If Kyrie were playing, the same point he's trying to make in regards to Steph could be made for LeBron. Remember when LeBron didn't play and Kyrie went off for 55 to beat the Blazers?

Let's pretend the Warriors went into game 5 without Klay and Draymond. There's no way the Warriors beat the Cavs under those circumstances with Steph having a 5-22, 6 turnover game. Likewise, the Cavs without Kyrie and Kevin would have no chances at winning if LeBron had a similarly terrible game.

His argument is actually still invalid.

ThaDubs
06-08-2015, 04:26 AM
Please stop.

Curry leads LeBron in PER, WS/48, VORP, RPM, points per minute, assists per minute, fewer turnovers per minute, steals per minute, offensive rating, and had an equally impressive defensive rating in relation to team defensive rating, and with Curry guarding the far superior position. The statistical superiority carried over into the postseason as well, despite Curry getting trapped far more than anyone in the league, getting guarded by guys like Jrue Holiday, Mike Conley, Tony Allen, and Trevor Ariza. So, if there even is a gap, it's not a large one.

Munkeysuit
06-08-2015, 04:44 AM
Curry leads LeBron in PER, WS/48, VORP, RPM, points per minute, assists per minute, fewer turnovers per minute, steals per minute, offensive rating, and had an equally impressive defensive rating in relation to team defensive rating, and with Curry guarding the far superior position. The statistical superiority carried over into the postseason as well, despite Curry getting trapped far more than anyone in the league, getting guarded by guys like Jrue Holiday, Mike Conley, Tony Allen, and Trevor Ariza. So, if there even is a gap, it's not a large one.

Curry leads this Curry leads that, Curry does this and curry does that, Curry's numbers are superior to Lebron's numbers so this makes him yadda yadda yadda, you know dam well you come on here to vent, just so you can read what you typed 10x over to make yourself feel better...read it 20x over pal, that won't validate any of the asinine comments and stats you throw out here on these forums...Lebron is 10 x better than Curry right now and even your mom knows that.

ThaDubs
06-08-2015, 04:47 AM
Curry leads this Curry leads that, Curry does this and curry does that, Curry's numbers are superior to Lebron's numbers so this makes him yadda yadda yadda, you know dam well you come on here to vent, just so you can read what you typed 10x over to make yourself feel better...read it 20x over pal, that won't validate any of the asinine comments and stats you throw out here on these forums...Lebron is 10 x better than Curry right now and even your mom knows that.

Sweet articulation.

Munkeysuit
06-08-2015, 04:56 AM
Stephen Curry has done nothing...he's a nobody, he has no rings therefore he gets no shine from me...he has 1 MVP wow, big woop, Nash has 2! and unfortunately for both players, that isn't even nowhere near enough credentials to be compared to Lebron...Curry is D Rose right now, he want some respect? BEAT LEBRON!

ThaDubs
06-08-2015, 05:02 AM
Stephen Curry has done nothing...he's a nobody, he has no rings therefore he gets no shine from me...he has 1 MVP wow, big woop, Nash has 2! and unfortunately for both players, that isn't even nowhere near enough credentials to be compared to Lebron...Curry is D Rose right now, he want some respect? BEAT LEBRON!

So Curry not having the same accolades as LeBron over the course of his career to this point means he's nowhere near as good as LeBron presently as a basketball player? Where am I? The Youtube comments?

mgjohnson7851
06-08-2015, 10:10 AM
So Curry not having the same accolades as LeBron over the course of his career to this point means he's nowhere near as good as LeBron presently as a basketball player? Where am I? The Youtube comments?

Come on you can't be this dense. Curry has had one great year, and one decent year. He needs to do it for a lot longer before he deserves to be compared to the likes of LeBron and Kobe.

He also needs to show that he can carry a team consistently when they have an off night... if he can't, then he will never be truly regarded as great.

mgjohnson7851
06-08-2015, 10:12 AM

And yet if LeBron wins the championship, LeBron had the better season.

buck4493
06-08-2015, 10:15 AM

Yeah because delladova shut the league MVP down.

You're "advanced stats" crap is laughable.

lebron shoots 11-34 and drops 39-16-12. Wills an inferior team to a win on the road.

Better stats reg/ postseason. yeah ok.

In finals thru 2. Lebron averaging over 40 ppg both in Oakland. Doing it when it counts

buck4493
06-08-2015, 10:17 AM
when Delladova shouts you out its pretty easy to say this debate is completely hysterical

buck4493
06-08-2015, 10:26 AM

it absolutely has a correlation. James harden Statistically had a better year than Curry, guess he is better.

Its not slighting Curry, n o one is as good as lebron, not close. He is unguardable. Did you miss the first two games?? This guy is carrying a mess of a team on his back. What in the world would curry be doing if he was on that roster and no lebron. They wouldn't be in Finals.

Thats the big difference. Curry was a pretty ineffective player last night and they still had a shot to win. If lebron is ineffective its a 30 point blowout.

You can discuss any PER's or advanced stats you want but what happens on the floor is what matters.

Its a pleasure to be able to watch both players.

If james wins this thing it may be the greatest accomplishment of any player in NBA history.

koreancabbage
06-08-2015, 10:31 AM
when Delladova shouts you out its pretty easy to say this debate is completely hysterical

now now, its combination of both.

I don't give all the credit to Delly bc Curry is somewhat off as well but to think that Delly shut down Curry, the leagues most prolific shooter, is kinda outrageous.

buck4493
06-08-2015, 11:03 AM
scored zero on him.

Goose17
06-08-2015, 11:33 AM
scored zero on him.

Not true. He had him dancing, drove past and got the lay up. But it was in transition so the stat guys don't count it. They only count shots in half court offense when tracking that stuff.

Delly played Steph brilliantly though. Like the Aussie Beverley.

ThaDubs
06-08-2015, 02:44 PM
it absolutely has a correlation. James harden Statistically had a better year than Curry, guess he is better.

Um no, he didn't have a better year statistically.

Its not slighting Curry, n o one is as good as lebron, not close. He is unguardable. Did you miss the first two games?? This guy is carrying a mess of a team on his back. What in the world would curry be doing if he was on that roster and no lebron. They wouldn't be in Finals.

He is very guardable. 44 and 39 on 35 and 38 shots is not all that impressive. And really? You don't think Curry, Kyrie, and K Love could make it to 56+ wins? You don't think Kyrie and Curry could make it through the Celtics, injured Bulls, and injured Hawks? You're delusional.

Thats the big difference. Curry was a pretty ineffective player last night and they still had a shot to win. If lebron is ineffective its a 30 point blowout.

That's because Kyrie and Love are out. Like I said to someone last night on here, that comparison is unfair to Curry because his 2nd and 3rd option guys are active. There is no Kyrie to be LeBron's Klay and therefore you can't make this comparison. If Steph was missing his two main guys like LeBron is, there's no way we're in the game if he has a 5-22, 6 turnover game.

You can discuss any PER's or advanced stats you want but what happens on the floor is what matters.

What happens on the floor is reflected in statistics.

So his molestation of Jrue Holiday, Mike Conley, Tony Allen, and Trevor Ariza, all historically good-great defenders is totally negated because he had an off game? He missed nearly every wide open shot he took, and when he was guarded well and they showed slow-mo replays it made it seem to viewers like Delly was playing lockdown defense the whole game, when Steph was really missing easy ones from the beginning.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Come on you can't be this dense. Curry has had one great year, and one decent year. He needs to do it for a lot longer before he deserves to be compared to the likes of LeBron and Kobe.

He also needs to show that he can carry a team consistently when they have an off night... if he can't, then he will never be truly regarded as great.

God I hate this thread. I'm not talking about all time! I mean RIGHT NOW. RIGHT NOW, the gap between Curry and LeBron as basketball players is not large. I'm not comparing there careers, stop being an idiot. And if you haven't seen him carry the Warriors when they've had an off night, I am 100% sure you do not watch games.

OceanSpray
06-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Um no, he didn't have a better year statistically.

He is very guardable. 44 and 39 on 35 and 38 shots is not all that impressive. And really? You don't think Curry, Kyrie, and K Love could make it to 56+ wins? You don't think Kyrie and Curry could make it through the Celtics, injured Bulls, and injured Hawks? You're delusional.

That's because Kyrie and Love are out. Like I said to someone last night on here, that comparison is unfair to Curry because his 2nd and 3rd option guys are active. There is no Kyrie to be LeBron's Klay and therefore you can't make this comparison. If Steph was missing his two main guys like LeBron is, there's no way we're in the game if he has a 5-22, 6 turnover game.

What happens on the floor is reflected in statistics.

So his molestation of Jrue Holiday, Mike Conley, Tony Allen, and Trevor Ariza, all historically good-great defenders is totally negated because he had an off game? He missed nearly every wide open shot he took, and when he was guarded well and they showed slow-mo replays it made it seem to viewers like Delly was playing lockdown defense the whole game, when Steph was really missing easy ones from the beginning.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

God I hate this thread. I'm not talking about all time! I mean RIGHT NOW. RIGHT NOW, the gap between Curry and LeBron as basketball players is not large. I'm not comparing there careers, stop being an idiot. And if you haven't seen him carry the Warriors when they've had an off night, I am 100% sure you do not watch games.

Your arguments are petrifying to read. Please do not post again. Anthony Davis by your definition is the best player in the NBA right now and furthermore, you're backtracking on your arguments. First, you're saying the gap between Curry and James isn't huge but you're forgetting that one player has defied the odds while the other is playing on a historically stacked team. Lastly, are you serious about the defenders Curry played against?

1. Jrue Holiday barely played big minutes. He's an okay defender, not great. And last I checked, Conley/Allen were both injured that series. They missed a combined total of three games. Trevor Ariza wasn't even sticking Curry 100% of the time. GSW got lucky that they are the only healthy team. Every single playoff game they have played was against an injured squad. As stated, there is zero chance Bron wins a game if he shoots 5-23 with 6 turnovers. Curry had a chance to WIN the game. Enough said.

ThaDubs
06-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Your arguments are petrifying to read. Please do not post again. Anthony Davis by your definition is the best player in the NBA right now and furthermore, you're backtracking on your arguments. First, you're saying the gap between Curry and James isn't huge but you're forgetting that one player has defied the odds while the other is playing on a historically stacked team. Lastly, are you serious about the defenders Curry played against?

1. Jrue Holiday barely played big minutes. He's an okay defender, not great. And last I checked, Conley/Allen were both injured that series. They missed a combined total of three games. Trevor Ariza wasn't even sticking Curry 100% of the time. GSW got lucky that they are the only healthy team. Every single playoff game they have played was against an injured squad. As stated, there is zero chance Bron wins a game if he shoots 5-23 with 6 turnovers. Curry had a chance to WIN the game. Enough said.

My point throughout this string of posts isn't that Curry is better than LeBron, so no I don't think AD is the best player in the league. I think LeBron is the best player on the planet, not AD followed by Westbrook and Curry (what I would think if I believed stats are the be all end all). I'm just proving that Curry's gap between LeBron is not as large as people ITT make it out to be. They are on the same tier.

SteveNash
06-08-2015, 06:25 PM
LeBron is on a tier by himself clearly no one else is close, it shows you how great LeBron is that even in a down year he's still miles better than Curry.

Curry is just the flavor of the month. Curry will never touch LeBron in his career, but he needs to start having a better work ethic if he wants to validate his MVP.

buck4493
06-08-2015, 10:09 PM

Conley was hurt, and prior to i am pretty sure Memphis was up 2-1 in series.

The gap between Curry and james is HUGE. I'm not so sure klay thompson isnt as good of shooter as curry either

buck4493
06-08-2015, 10:17 PM
i dont see how curry is as good as russell westbrook. westbrook is far more explosive and puts up the stats to back it up

im still wondering how curry had the best stats this year
PPG APG RPG PER
23.8 7.7 4.3 28.06
Westbrook
PPG APG RPG PER
28.1 8.6 7.3 29.12
James
PPG APG RPG PER
25.3 7.4 6.0 26.01

ThaDubs
06-08-2015, 11:12 PM
i dont see how curry is as good as russell westbrook. westbrook is far more explosive and puts up the stats to back it up

PPG APG RPG PER
23.8 7.7 4.3 28.06
Westbrook
PPG APG RPG PER
28.1 8.6 7.3 29.12
James
PPG APG RPG PER
25.3 7.4 6.0 26.01

Westbrook's 40% usage rate say hi.

buck4493
06-09-2015, 12:41 AM

PPG APG RPG PER
23.8 7.7 4.3 28.06
o
Westbrook
PPG APG RPG PER
28.1 8.6 7.3 29.12
James
PPG APG RPG PER
25.3 7.4 6.0 26.01

Westbrook's 40% usage rate say hi.

Usage rate, holy crap

sammyvine
06-09-2015, 07:11 AM
curry is much better to watch than lebron.

koreancabbage
06-09-2015, 10:08 AM
curry is much better to watch than lebron.

perv.

ILLUSIONIST^248
06-09-2015, 11:41 AM
Curry is going off tonight

buck4493
06-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Curry is going off tonight
He may
LeBron will continue to go off

Nick O
06-10-2015, 12:42 AM
this thread title tho

goingfor28
06-10-2015, 03:44 AM
this thread title tho
Yup. Lol

MonroeFAN
06-10-2015, 07:10 AM
Yeah this is just funny.

Someone referred to curry as the best player in the league. Dear god.

IBleedPurple
06-10-2015, 10:12 AM
This could definitely edge Dirk leading the Mavs (due to a better supporting cast) as the best NBA championship of this century, at least.