PDA

View Full Version : Harden Partied Last Night with Drake at V-Live

JNA17
05-24-2015, 12:14 AM
https://twitter.com/trillac_/status/602294605409751040

https://twitter.com/prezidentyoung/s...99531955318784

Saw this posted in another forum.

Would explain Harden's lackluster play today.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-24-2015, 12:15 AM
:pity:

goingfor28
05-24-2015, 12:16 AM
Um. So?

still1ballin
05-24-2015, 12:20 AM
Did he do the LT?

:dance:

More-Than-Most
05-24-2015, 12:27 AM
thats good leadership right there

nastynice
05-24-2015, 12:33 AM
If he doesn't party last night, rox win

jason
05-24-2015, 12:36 AM

Lol sounds like an excuse to me too.. Game started at 6 pm

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2015, 12:49 AM
EDIT: Double post.

GiantsSwaGG
05-24-2015, 12:50 AM
Partying is more important than championships

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2015, 12:50 AM
Guys go out to party all the time. I remember one time in between games Phil Jackson knew Rodman was flying out to Atlantic City or some $#!t like that, and he told Kerr and a couple other reserves to go with him and keep him company (Kerr told this story somewhere; there were a couple other guys).

Came back early the next morning, like 5:00am, and Rodman, MJ and Pip all got passes on practice and Kerr and the others had to go to practice.

Guys are allowed to go out on their night off. It's not a big deal. It's only a big deal when TMZ shows up and they lose the next game. It can impact how some guys perform, but let's not pretend as if the Warriors weren't playing great defense.

Anyways... with the Rockets as injury depleted as they are, it's a miracle they beat the Clippers. I mean, Josh Smith was their best three point shooter last night. Let that sink in. There was solid D all around and in the paint to (Dwight only got 10 attempts all night).

IndyRealist
05-24-2015, 01:13 AM
Guys go out to party all the time. I remember one time in between games Phil Jackson knew Rodman was flying out to Atlantic City or some $#!t like that, and he told Kerr and a couple other reserves to go with him and keep him company (Kerr told this story somewhere; there were a couple other guys).

Came back early the next morning, like 5:00am, and Rodman, MJ and Pip all got passes on practice and Kerr and the others had to go to practice.

Guys are allowed to go out on their night off. It's not a big deal. It's only a big deal when TMZ shows up and they lose the next game. It can impact how some guys perform, but let's not pretend as if the Warriors weren't playing great defense.

Anyways... with the Rockets as injury depleted as they are, it's a miracle they beat the Clippers. I mean, Josh Smith was their best three point shooter last night. Let that sink in. There was solid D all around and in the paint to (Dwight only got 10 attempts all night).
To be fair, Rodman's ability to party all night and then work the next day was legendary, which is why anyone's heard that story in the first place.

Teeboy1487
05-24-2015, 01:15 AM
I guess the whole damn team was with him because they got their *** waxed tonight.

Byronicle
05-24-2015, 02:04 AM
Um. So?

Really?

goingfor28
05-24-2015, 02:06 AM
Really?
Yes. Are they supposed to not have lives outside of basketball? Especially in a day off?

Byronicle

You are comparing apples and oranges

When was their next game? Was it the next day or in a couple of days?

Was their next game as important as this one? A WCF, must win so that they are not down 3-0?

And like someone mentioned before, it wouldn't have been a story if it happen too often.

goingfor28

Thank you. This is a non issue.

Byronicle
05-24-2015, 02:08 AM
Yes. Are they supposed to not have lives outside of basketball? Especially in a day off?

You mean he couldn't wait until after the playoffs are over?

Byronicle
05-24-2015, 02:08 AM
Thank you. This is a non issue.

I take you haven't played many sports at a high level

edit: And you are agreeing with a post that is comparing an apple to an orange. Both are completely different scenarios.

goingfor28
05-24-2015, 02:10 AM
You mean he couldn't wait until after the playoffs are over?
It was an off day. He should be able to do what he wants. Just like if you didn't have to pick up trash tomorrow,you can do whatever you want tonight.

goingfor28

edit: And you are agreeing with a post that is comparing an apple to an orange. Both are completely different scenarios.
No. I am not a pro athlete. I apologize. I assume you've played baseball basketball and football at at least the college level though since you seem to know everything.

Iron24th
The guy isn't ready for the big stage.

Byronicle
05-24-2015, 02:17 AM
It was an off day. He should be able to do what he wants. Just like if you didn't have to pick up trash tomorrow,you can do whatever you want tonight.

Lol you are comparing an everyday meaningless routine with something that is a do-or-die situation. Like I said, I highly doubt you played sports at a high enough level because if you did, you would know enough that you need all the focus you can get, especially someone like Harden who he admittedly zones out on defense

No. I am not a pro athlete. I apologize. I assume you've played baseball basketball and football at at least the college level though since you seem to know everything.

Rugby, track and field and basketball at a college/university level and not all at the same year. If there was a boxing

NYKnickFanatic
05-24-2015, 02:18 AM
He learning from JR.

NYKnickFanatic
05-24-2015, 02:20 AM

You are right, he can do whatever he wants. BUT, knowing you have a big game tomorrow, is it really the smart choice to party until whatever, most likely getting chocolatey wasted? I don't think so.

TDE
05-24-2015, 02:27 AM
To be fair, Rodman's ability to party all night and then work the next day was legendary, which is why anyone's heard that story in the first place.cocaine is a heluva drug

Scoots
05-24-2015, 02:29 AM
Some guys can't focus without a night out the night before. Late night, late tip-off. The ONLY issue is that he didn't have a good game and this is a ready made excuse.

Sports psychologists heavily re-enforce staying to your routine. If Harden goes out partying every night then that is what he must do, even in the playoffs ... especially in the playoffs!

Saddletramp
05-24-2015, 03:12 AM
Lol you are comparing an everyday meaningless routine with something that is a do-or-die situation. Like I said, I highly doubt you played sports at a high enough level because if you did, you would know enough that you need all the focus you can get, especially someone like Harden who he admittedly zones out on defense

Rugby, track and field and basketball at a college/university level and not all at the same year. If there was a boxing

talk about apples to oranges.😃

You are right, he can do whatever he wants. BUT, knowing you have a big game tomorrow, is it really the smart choice to party until whatever, most likely getting chocolatey wasted? I don't think so.

Yeah, probably wasn't the smartest move considering what this game meant.

ThaDubs
05-24-2015, 03:35 AM

Not during the conference finals down 2-0 with a game the following day.

More-Than-Most
05-24-2015, 04:14 AM

No sorry this is wrong... Off day doesnt mean go out and party all night when you have a game the next day as important the the damn conference finals... Its dumb. You dont get 5 days off in between games.

SF8
05-24-2015, 04:34 AM
Ridiculous. Can the team fine him for this?

SF8
05-24-2015, 04:35 AM

He can't wait til playoffs are over to enjoy his private life?

If I told you I would pay you $100 million guaranteed if you could just sacrifice 2 months of free time and focus only on basketball, you couldn't do it? Really?

Its not like focusing on basketball is like asking a kid to his calculus homework or something. If you like the game enough, it shouldn't be a chore.

Why do you think LeBron always turns off his social media account and doesn't even use his freaking cell phone once playoffs starts until it ends? You ever hear of Kobe or Duncan partying in the middle of the playoffs when their still in it?

There's a reason for that...its called dedication and commitment to winning and that's why their all champions and GOATS.

Iron24th
05-24-2015, 04:37 AM

If I told you I would pay you $100 million guaranteed if you could just sacrifice 2 months of free time and focus only on basketball, you couldn't do it? Really?

Its not like focusing on basketball is like asking a kid to his calculus homework or something. If you like the game enough, it shouldn't be a chore.

Why do you think LeBron always turns off his social media account and doesn't even use his freaking cell phone once playoffs starts until it ends? You ever hear of Kobe or Duncan partying in the middle of the playoffs when their still in it?

There's a reason for that...its called dedication and commitment to winning and that's why both of them are champions and GOATS.

Great post.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-24-2015, 04:42 AM
Was he supposed to sit at home and do yoga on his day off?

SF8
05-24-2015, 04:44 AM
How about watching more film and resting his body like, idk, what most other "superstar" players do?

G_S_W
05-24-2015, 04:47 AM

There's a reason for that...its called dedication and commitment to winning and that's why both of them are champions and GOATS.

In all fairness, Jordan, whom you didn't mention, was legendary/infamous for playing 18 holes of golf, drinking his *** off, or gambling until the wee hours (and then some) during days off in the playoffs.

The legendary "flu game" was apparently just a cover for Jordan getting stupid drunk the night before (according to Jalen Rose). Even if that particularly story wasn't true, there's no denying that Jordan rarely got any rest between playoff games.

Then again, Harden is no Michael Jordan.

This is the third major ding to Harden's already spotty playoff resume, however.

1. HOU destroys the Clips with Harden on the bench.
2. Harden fails to get a shot off in G2.
3. Harden lays an egg shooting 3-16 in a must win G3.

I doubt Harden ever figures out that there are certain things you can't do if you want to win a chip. HOU fans will see more epic collapses from Harden indefinitely in the playoffs.

G_S_W
05-24-2015, 04:53 AM

Kareem practiced yoga in his playing days. He seems to have done all right for himself. Six chips as well as the all time scoring leader in NBA history.

Jordan NEVER took a day off during the playoffs. He also won six chips.

The point being, a player has to have enough common sense to understand what they can and cannot do in order to perform at their very best.

Harden doesn't get it. HOU fans are in for a treat. :)

G_S_W
05-24-2015, 04:54 AM
double post.

jerellh528
05-24-2015, 05:10 AM
I wonder if Dwight has a problem with this. He has bad luck with his star sg teammates, one doesn't take it serious enough, and the other took the game too seriously.

More-Than-Most
05-24-2015, 05:26 AM
I wonder if Dwight has a problem with this. He has bad luck with his star sg teammates, one doesn't take it serious enough, and the other took the game too seriously.

Let me ask you something... Dead serious could you ever see a Kobe/Jordan/James doing something like this? Could you ever see a teammate on a Kobe team doing something like this? I could see James teammate doing something like this because I still dont think he or Jordan are as passionate or intense as a KB.... I couldn't see a Jordan teammate doing this either but could you imagine a kobe guy coming in and shooting this badly and going out the night before a playoff game where you are down? Could You imagine if James/Kobe/Jordan did something like this and had the night harden just had? They would be hung on the spot.

Anyone giving Harden an out for this is laughable at this point. I dont believe in clutch but ITS THE DAMN PLAYOFFS lol. Superstars coast during the season some but you dont do this crap in the playoffs. This is why I hated Iverson but even he I dont think would do something this stupid.

KnicksorBust
05-24-2015, 07:31 AM

Not during the conference finals down 2-0 with a game the following day.

I agree actually. They have entire months of the year where they can go out every night if they want. His basketball legacy is being formed with every game. Why risk a hangover/bad performance for one night with Drake? Lmao

superwill
05-24-2015, 08:26 AM
Michael Jordan did it himself but he's Michael Jordan he could do that

superwill
05-24-2015, 08:36 AM
in 1993 the bulls went down 0-2 to the Knicks Michael Jordan was out gambling til the wee hours of the morning before game 2 but he's Michael Jordan he can do that

GoferKing_
05-24-2015, 08:51 AM
Day off between regular season and party? OK, that is cool, no problem. But party between PLAY OFF games? Are crazy? He should be fined by the team for such behaviour. What example it sets for others?

sammyvine
05-24-2015, 09:27 AM
i don't see the problem tbh
People make a big deal out of everything.

sammyvine
05-24-2015, 09:31 AM
Day off between regular season and party? OK, that is cool, no problem. But party between PLAY OFF games? Are crazy? He should be fined by the team for such behaviour. What example it sets for others?

Is this even true?

superwill
05-24-2015, 09:52 AM
how many remember Dennis Rodman skipping practice 48 hours before game 4 in the NBA finals in 98 to go to a WCW wrestling event in Detroit and then help win game 4 by making two late free throws

Miltstar
05-24-2015, 10:23 AM
Yolo

nycericanguy
05-24-2015, 10:42 AM
i wouldnt even go out if i had a measly job interview for 30-40k when I was young...lol. Wanted to stay focused and conserve my energy.

looks bad for sure but what can you do...

Vinylman
05-24-2015, 10:46 AM
are people really surprised by this? He did the same **** during the finals against Miami

curtcocaine
05-24-2015, 10:55 AM
cocaine is a heluva drug
I take offense to this

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2015, 11:09 AM
You are comparing apples and oranges

When was their next game? Was it the next day or in a couple of days?

Was their next game as important as this one? A WCF, must win so that they are not down 3-0?

And like someone mentioned before, it wouldn't have been a story if it happen too often.

It was a playoff game, and he went out after a game.

How is this apples and oranges. A player in the playoffs goes out to a bar on an off night. It is the EXACT same thing.

Look... would you be ok with your boss telling you that you can't go out on your day off? Of course not. How is this an issue? Jordan use to take trips out to Vegas DURING THE PLAYOFFS in between games to gamble and drink and then fly back for the next game.

This is a non issue. Guys are allowed to go out.

It's like the Turkaglu was injured and missed a game, but went out to a bar and fans were livid. So he went out to have a few drinks and hit the dance floor. He's injured. His elbow or wrist injury (or whatever it was) wasn't impact be a few turns on the dance floor, and if it was his night off, who cares?

Fans act like players aren't allowed to have a life outside of the game. He went out for a few drinks on his off night. What's the BFD? Get over it. His game on the court would not have been improved any if he spent the night binge watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Netflix. What would you rather he be doing?

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2015, 11:10 AM
How about watching more film and resting his body like, idk, what most other "superstar" players do?

Like Jordan when he would fly to Vegas in between playoff games? Right.

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2015, 11:18 AM

Apple: All-Star player going out to party in between games during the payoffs.
Orange: All-Star player going out to party in between games during the payoffs

How are they different again?

Also... have you ever been in the conference finals of any professional sports league? I thought not. Then why are you attacking this guy for not being in the same situation?

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Lol you are comparing an everyday meaningless routine with something that is a do-or-die situation.

lol you are comparing a sports game (a game three where elimination is not even possible) to a 'do-or-die' situation.

Firstly, maybe you've never consumed alcohol, but but even you are out late, when you don't have a game until late afternoon/early evening, there is PLENTY of time to recover, and YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THE GUY WAS DRUNK! You are just going off Tweet that somebody posted about seeing the guy.

On my WORST drinking night EVER, when I wasn't in bed until 4:00 and I puked all over the place, I was back to 100% by noon the next day. Do you not know how alcohol works? What is your issue with this?

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2015, 11:27 AM

Right. And picking up your babies during the regular season, ok, but during the playoffs? You might tear a rotater cuff.

Look... these guys don't sing over their life when they sign a contract. Many coaches have allowed and encouraged players to go out in between games so that they can unwind and relax. Why would you be fined for going out the night before a game?

How would you like it if your boss fined or fired you because you had a few beers the night before you had to come into work on an afternoon shift?

Scoots
05-24-2015, 11:28 AM

Also... have you ever been in the conference finals of any professional sports league? I thought not. Then why are you attacking this guy for not being in the same situation?

This

Scoots
05-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Right. And picking up your babies during the regular season, ok, but during the playoffs? You might tear a rotater cuff.

Look... these guys don't sing over their life when they sign a contract. Many coaches have allowed and encouraged players to go out in between games so that they can unwind and relax. Why would you be fined for going out the night before a game?

How would you like it if your boss fined or fired you because you had a few beers the night before you had to come into work on an afternoon shift?

This too.

Fact is if the Rockets and Harden destroy the Warriors in game 3 then none of this comes up. Players go out all the time, in fact the players who do NOT go out are considered strange and sometimes as bad teammates. I do think Harden probably should have been more aware of the possible PR ramifications, but I have no problem with him going out on his day off.

lakerfan85
05-24-2015, 11:39 AM

Maybe he should focus on winning the game.. I mean he will have all offseason to party if he chooses..

MonroeFAN
05-24-2015, 11:42 AM
People who are supportive of this seem like the biggest idiots in the world. If you expect to progress through life, I don't see how you can subscribe to the theory that it's ok to go out and party in between western conference finals games.

He's being paid like a top level CEO. He represents that team.

lakerfan85
05-24-2015, 11:49 AM

How about watching some game tape? Trying to find a way to beat the Warriors D?

lakerfan85
05-24-2015, 12:02 PM
lol you are comparing a sports game (a game three where elimination is not even possible) to a 'do-or-die' situation.

Firstly, maybe you've never consumed alcohol, but but even you are out late, when you don't have a game until late afternoon/early evening, there is PLENTY of time to recover, and YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THE GUY WAS DRUNK! You are just going off Tweet that somebody posted about seeing the guy.

On my WORST drinking night EVER, when I wasn't in bed until 4:00 and I puked all over the place, I was back to 100% by noon the next day. Do you not know how alcohol works? What is your issue with this?

It was do or die.. Rockets aren't coming back down 3-0..

Tony_Starks
05-24-2015, 12:27 PM
In LA Shaqs partying was pretty legendary. During the season, playoffs, whatever. But when it was time to play he was ready. Same goes for a lot of stars, they turn up when they're off. But are ready when it's playing time. That's all that counts.

It doesn't matter what you do on your off day as long as you don't get wasted to the point of physically not being able to perform. Everybody prepares different, they don't have to sit in a dark room light candles and meditate on the game. Some guys want to relax and get their mind right...

Scoots
05-24-2015, 12:57 PM
People who are supportive of this seem like the biggest idiots in the world. If you expect to progress through life, I don't see how you can subscribe to the theory that it's ok to go out and party in between western conference finals games.

No, Harden is NOT payed like a top level CEO. The CEO of GoPro got $285M last year and a lot of CEOs income isn't valued every year because it comes in stock options and options in other companies that pay off HUGE years later. Also CEOs make huge money into their 60s while athletes are mostly done with their big earning by their early 30s. Anybody who says athletes are overpaid don't realize how much the top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1% in other fields are paid. NBA superstars are WILDLY underpaid.

Sure Harden could, and probably should, have been home WELL before 4am ... but the idea that if he had the Rockets WOULD have won the game is absurd. The Warriors had 10 turnovers in the first quarter of game 2 and won the game with Harden playing magnificently ... the Warriors had 0 turnovers in the first the next game ... do you think a stayed-at-home-all-day Harden's D would have made that much of a difference?

The fact is that Harden and the Rockets shooting came back toward the mean while the Warriors cleaned up some of their sloppiness as predicted when they are away from home.

Maybe Harden's play suffered a little due to his being out on the town, but it's also possible he was out even later before games 1 and 2.

Was it smart of him to be out and get caught? No. Was it a deciding factor in the game/series/season? NO!

effen5
05-24-2015, 01:24 PM
Just saying phil Jackson made Steve Kerr and Judd bucheler go out with Dennis Rodman to Atlantic city

nastynice
05-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Sure Harden could, and probably should, have been home WELL before 4am ... but the idea that if he had the Rockets WOULD have won the game is absurd. !

lol, Scooooots!! I'm messin around man, just making fun of how every single rox dubs game this yr, except for last nights *** raping, steady hear "if so n so is healthy, we win, if so n so hits his shots, we win" and on n on with that bs. Figured I'd just go ahead n beat rox fans to the punch n put it out there myself, lol!!

Scoots
05-24-2015, 02:22 PM
lol, Scooooots!! I'm messin around man, just making fun of how every single rox dubs game this yr, except for last nights *** raping, steady hear "if so n so is healthy, we win, if so n so hits his shots, we win" and on n on with that bs. Figured I'd just go ahead n beat rox fans to the punch n put it out there myself, lol!!

Yeah, but some rockets fans no doubt believe it! :)

The logic of a fan base that the refs are out to get them while they draw more help from the refs than any other team in the NBA (except maybe the Kings).

da ThRONe
05-24-2015, 02:25 PM

It's only a good example when it suits your position. People have no idea what Duncan, Jordan, or any all time great did on their off days. We just assume because media sources are always putting in our faces now-a-days.

We don't know if that action hurts or helps or don't impact his performance.

0nekhmer
05-24-2015, 02:38 PM
Harden is the type of guy who celebrates his MVP before he even gets it. Glad curry is the face of the NBA and not this clown

xnick5757
05-24-2015, 02:56 PM
who cares

TrueFan420
05-24-2015, 03:07 PM

Your WORST drinking night EVER seems rather tame

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2015, 03:23 PM
It was do or die.. Rockets aren't coming back down 3-0..

First of all, 'do-or-die' is a figurative term. Nobody died because they lost that game, therefore it's not a 'do-or-die' game in a literal sense.

Secondly, in the figurative sense, the term means that if you don't win, you are eliminated. Since they weren't eliminated, then it wasn't even a figurative 'do-or-die' game.

And people in other sports have come back from three down. It is not impossible. Was it an important game? Yes. Was it a 'do-or-die'? Not unless you change the literal and figurative meanings of that phrase.

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2015, 03:26 PM
The funny thing about this was that this entire conversation is based on a Tweet stating nothing other than "I saw him out." NOT "I saw him drinking" or "I saw him dancing", or "He was drunk". Just: "I saw him out."

A guy can't go out and hang out with a friend during down time? If we saw him at Taco Bell would we be having this conversation? The tacos gave him the runs and he couldn't play as well?

Or what is we saw him at the mall with a friend. Would we say: He should be practicing his defense instead being a mall rat.

I've been out to a bar or club without drink a drop of alcohol more times than I can count.

Seriously. This is an annoying conversation.

Rivera
05-24-2015, 03:32 PM
Let me ask you something... Dead serious could you ever see a Kobe/Jordan/James doing something like this? Could you ever see a teammate on a Kobe team doing something like this? I could see James teammate doing something like this because I still dont think he or Jordan are as passionate or intense as a KB.... I couldn't see a Jordan teammate doing this either but could you imagine a kobe guy coming in and shooting this badly and going out the night before a playoff game where you are down? Could You imagine if James/Kobe/Jordan did something like this and had the night harden just had? They would be hung on the spot.

Anyone giving Harden an out for this is laughable at this point. I dont believe in clutch but ITS THE DAMN PLAYOFFS lol. Superstars coast during the season some but you dont do this crap in the playoffs. This is why I hated Iverson but even he I dont think would do something this stupid.

Jordan had the"flu" game which he had a hangover

Scottie pippen refused to go in a game cause he was mad at the coach

Kobe didn't shoot during game 7 vs the Suns when the lakers were the 7 seed.

Lebron no showed during his first finals with the heat and let Jason Kidd and jj barrea guard him one in one.

What was your point again?

Sofnr
05-24-2015, 03:59 PM
Partying means different things to different people. So what if he was up till 4.am. That's absolutely meaningless. Is there actual evidence he was drunk? Barring somebody with pictures of Harden passed out on the toilet I don't see any reason to assume that staying out late affected his performance in any way. Not everyone has to get hammered to have a good time. There is nothing about Harden going out and letting off steam that people should be angry about. If he drank so much that he couldn't properly recover in time for the game that'd be a different story. There is zero evidence that happened. So who cares? Just TMZ starting **** and a bunch of idiots eating it up.

lakerfan85
05-24-2015, 04:23 PM
First of all, 'do-or-die' is a figurative term. Nobody died because they lost that game, therefore it's not a 'do-or-die' game in a literal sense.

Secondly, in the figurative sense, the term means that if you don't win, you are eliminated. Since they weren't eliminated, then it wasn't even a figurative 'do-or-die' game.

And people in other sports have come back from three down. It is not impossible. Was it an important game? Yes. Was it a 'do-or-die'? Not unless you change the literal and figurative meanings of that phrase.

Fine it was a must win game.. Now go make another useless thread and clutter up the main forum..

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2015, 04:36 PM
Fine it was a must win game.. Now go make another useless thread and clutter up the main forum..

Ooh... personal insults when proven wrong.

Sorry to bruise your ego.

Besides, you haha'd my Jamie Foxx/Doc Rivers post. I thought you liked that :-(

;-)

JasonJohnHorn
05-24-2015, 04:37 PM
Your WORST drinking night EVER seems rather tame

It didn't feel tame when I was puking up the General Tao's Chicken. ;-)

More-Than-Most
05-24-2015, 04:52 PM
Jordan had the"flu" game which he had a hangover

Scottie pippen refused to go in a game cause he was mad at the coach

Kobe didn't shoot during game 7 vs the Suns when the lakers were the 7 seed.

Lebron no showed during his first finals with the heat and let Jason Kidd and jj barrea guard him one in one.

What was your point again?

I used Jordan/Kobe//James.... Jordans flu game/hungover is all rumor... Nothing you posted is relevant to anything I said at all.. Sorry I dont remember any of the 3 having this bad of a game down 0-2 after going out partying.

MygirlhatesCod
05-24-2015, 08:43 PM
It didn't feel tame when I was puking up the General Tao's Chicken. ;-)

I think the fact that you even recall puking or anything for that matter reinforces the tame statement.

JNA17
05-24-2015, 10:11 PM
Harden is the type of guy who celebrates his MVP before he even gets it. Glad curry is the face of the NBA and not this clown

Harden=Zoolander
Curry=Hansel

goingfor28
05-25-2015, 12:14 AM
Harden is the type of guy who celebrates his MVP before he even gets it. Glad [B]curry is the face of the NBA[/V] and not this clown

:eyebrow: LeBron says hi. And I am the furthest thing from a lbj fan

GoferKing_
05-25-2015, 03:23 AM

First of all, you serioulsy comparing going to a party to picking your baby from school? In what world this is even remotely comparable? And I doubt you would have a beer and shiet when you know you have some major event in your work and has to be focused and bring your best to work. Don't compare Play Off to every day at work.

SF8
05-25-2015, 05:57 AM

Yea except Harden, and everyone else on the planet, aren't wired like Jordan.

You lose all credibility in your post if you think Harden and Jordan are even remotely similar.

And learn to read, I didn't even mention Jordan in my post smart guy.

Rivera
05-25-2015, 07:25 AM
I used Jordan/Kobe//James.... Jordans flu game/hungover is all rumor... Nothing you posted is relevant to anything I said at all.. Sorry I dont remember any of the 3 having this bad of a game down 0-2 after going out partying.

Bad games happen all the time lol it's basketball. If anything what Kobe and Lebron did was worse than harden

Kobes team was up 3-1 and he quit game 7. Think about this Kobe refused to shoot. Kobe freaking Bryant decided he didn't want to shoot because he was having a war with a few teammates.

Lebron no showed during an NBA finals in his prime. He didn't even party and what he did during that macs series was much worse than harden because it was more than one game

But you can stick to your down 0-2 and party narrative when NBA players especially the ones you've listed has done egregious things on the court in the past without partying

MonroeFAN
05-25-2015, 07:52 AM

No, Harden is NOT payed like a top level CEO. The CEO of GoPro got $285M last year and a lot of CEOs income isn't valued every year because it comes in stock options and options in other companies that pay off HUGE years later. Also CEOs make huge money into their 60s while athletes are mostly done with their big earning by their early 30s. Anybody who says athletes are overpaid don't realize how much the top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1% in other fields are paid. NBA superstars are WILDLY underpaid.

Wat? Did you just actually say that? You list off one CEO, who slaved to create a product, put himself out there to market it. Garnered seed cash, dealt with VC's etc. Basically has a self sustaining system and a small employee base in comparison to others. He's essentially an entrepreneur, but either way you're complaining that to some piece of **** who puts a basketball through a hoop for a living? I didn't suggest he had the responsibility of a CEO. He basically has one responsibility and its to not get trashed the day before a game.

MonroeFAN
05-25-2015, 07:53 AM
Welcome to ignore list, I don't need to hear about hoop dreams from someone who I would bet good money on having never accomplished anything in life. With that attitude, I don't see how it's possible. LOL x 10000 at NBA players being underpaid.

Most of these players aren't even educated, good luck finding someone to listen to this nonsense.

mjt20mik
05-25-2015, 09:32 AM
Nothing against going out and having a life outside work. But damn, if I knew I had a hectic month of meeting crucial deadlines and reports I wouldn't go out till **** got done.

Maybe thats just me.

Scoots
05-25-2015, 04:55 PM
Wat? Did you just actually say that? You list off one CEO, who slaved to create a product, put himself out there to market it. Garnered seed cash, dealt with VC's etc. Basically has a self sustaining system and a small employee base in comparison to others. He's essentially an entrepreneur, but either way you're complaining that to some piece of **** who puts a basketball through a hoop for a living? I didn't suggest he had the responsibility of a CEO. He basically has one responsibility and its to not get trashed the day before a game.

I have no problem being ignored by you. If you look at the $ superstar NBA players bring to the bottom line of their corporations they are woefully underpaid. It's a fact. CEOs are often wildly overpaid just like some NBA players are overpaid ... but the superstars thanks to the maximum contract are way underpaid. Michael Jordan made more when he played that LeBron makes now even though the NBA makes a lot more money now. It's simple economics. I think all of sports collects way too much money from fans, but I don't blame the athletes for it I blame the fans willing to pay ever increasing amounts for their product. I wasn't "complaining" about NBA players pay, but you compared NBA players pay to top level CEO pay ... and they are NOT parallel. If you can't handle facts that's fine but don't lose your **** just because you are wrong.

Byronicle
05-26-2015, 10:51 AM
You know what's hilarious, you make all these threads that are either pointless or trying to make something out of nothing and yet you claim that this is a case that it is nothing this time. Its so ironic

Don't ever EVER compare Harden to Michael Jordan in terms of winning. That just voids your entire argument.

It was a playoff game, and he went out after a game.

How is this apples and oranges. A player in the playoffs goes out to a bar on an off night. It is the EXACT same thing.

Look... would you be ok with your boss telling you that you can't go out on your day off? Of course not. How is this an issue? Jordan use to take trips out to Vegas DURING THE PLAYOFFS in between games to gamble and drink and then fly back for the next game.

This is a non issue. Guys are allowed to go out.

It's like the Turkaglu was injured and missed a game, but went out to a bar and fans were livid. So he went out to have a few drinks and hit the dance floor. He's injured. His elbow or wrist injury (or whatever it was) wasn't impact be a few turns on the dance floor, and if it was his night off, who cares?

Fans act like players aren't allowed to have a life outside of the game. He went out for a few drinks on his off night. What's the BFD? Get over it. His game on the court would not have been improved any if he spent the night binge watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Netflix. What would you rather he be doing?

You brought up this boss analogy yet you don't give any context to the type of job. That is not how you make an analogy. What job is this?? An office job? Where I just need to have a brain? Or something physical? The comparison between the two on it's own is an apple and orange which makes this hilarious and again ironic.

Haha the Turkoglu example. Man, do you even watch Raptors? I know you are Canadian but clearly you forget that Turkoglu had NO HEART when he was playing with the Raptors. The guy didn't care, and the key point that you leave out is that a girl actually took a picture of him out at the club and he had someone from his entourage grab her phone and break it. It was a dbag move on his part but why have her phone destroyed? Ah evidence. That was the issue, because he played with no heart and was out partying when he clearly wasn't suppose to. That doesn't say team player to me.

Because when a player WANTS to win, they do their homework, they watch film, they wake up early to do a light shoot around, they get their focus/head in the game. When you are the greatest player of all time, and you proven yourself to be a winner, sure do your thing, but when people criticize you for being terrible on defense, for not prioritizing WINNING, and doing something very individualistic like going out, as if there is something to celebrate being down 2 games in the WCF, then yes you will feel the backlash.

Are you seriously comparing Harden to the best player of all time, the one who was the greatest at the time, the one who already had championships under his belt, who already proved to the world that he is a winner, Michael Jordan?

Apples and oranges

Using your Dennis Rodman example

Apple: An extremely good role player who is pretty damn crazy in the head but uses that intensity to get the job done. Oh yeah and it was 48 hours before the game, AND they were up 3-0. So basically they knew the Bulls had the series since NOBODY comes back from being down 3 games.

Orange: The leader of the team, the star of the league, the FIRST option of the team where the entire OFFENSE is based around James Harden. He has another game in 24 hours, not like the 48 hours that Rodman had. A guy who admits to zoning out on defense and was down 0-2 in the WCF, a guy who has to prove himself still.

LOL your rebuttal to my apples to oranges was ridiculous, you completely left out the details. You don't have a sound argument.

Attacking? Let's not be a diva here. Yes I played in University/College which is the next best thing. You pull this type of **** before a game, and you just get kicked out instead and lose varsity status which means you cannot have special exceptions in things like deferred exams and assignments.

It wouldn't matter if the guy was drunk or not. When you are DOWN 0-2 in the WCF then you have homework and resting to do. And it is a do-or-die situation because NO team has ever come back being down 0-3. None, if you don't win that game, then its over. Hence, do or die.

And you are not helping your case bringing up an anecdote. Your anecdote proves nothing. Do I even know how alcohol works? Lol clearly you don't with that story. Why do you think police officers do ride checks even early Saturday mornings? If you knew how alcohol works or even the body and enzymes, which is funny because I took endocrinology in Life Sci program at UofT, you would know that you only have a limited amount of enzymes to catalyze the alcohol, therefore you do not catalyze all the alcohol at once, it goes by a rate which is dependent on when the enzymes are available in your liver. This is why police rides still happen Saturday and Sunday mornings, because people still have alcohol in their systems and can still be considered drunk. There's a lesson for you.

Lol the comparison with going out and picking up a baby. Again your comparison is an apple to an orange. You can go out ANYTIME. How often does someone have a baby? Terrible thinking processes happening here.

Your parallelism when using this work analogy is just terrible as well, especailly since you do not specify the type of work but let's use an office analogy. Really you are using the analogy of an afternoon shift to compare to a WCF where a team is down 0-2? Really?

Afternoon shift = everyday routine vs. Western Conference Finals = crunch time.

Again that is an apple to an orange. Maybe if you said, what if my boss fined/fired me because I skipped work to party rather than work on an important project that would be bringing the company closer to world recognition, leading to many more clients, then yes that would be more accurate.

The difference between my analogy and yours is that mine has circumstances where failure leads to ridicule and success leads to reward. Your analogy again uses a periodical scenario, where it is more comparable to a regular season routine practice. Your logic is terrible

Tony_Starks
05-26-2015, 12:13 PM
Harden is singing "how bout now...cuz I'm up right now!"

Well he's not up, but he's probably still singing it.....

LA_Raiders
05-26-2015, 01:52 PM
Not a big deal, but this shows Hardens leadership.