PDA

View Full Version : All NBA 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams

Rivera
05-21-2015, 12:12 PM
forward LeBron James and Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curryare unanimous selections to the All-NBA first team, earning 129 first-team votes. They are joined by Houston Rockets guard James Harden (125 first-team votes), New Orleans Pelicans forward/center Anthony Davis (119 first-team votes) and Memphis Grizzlies center Marc Gasol (65 first-team votes).

The All-NBA second team consists of Oklahoma City guard Russell Westbrook, Portland Trail Blazers forward/center LaMarcus Aldridge, Los Angeles Clippersguard Chris Paul, Chicago Bulls center Pau Gasol and Sacramento Kings center/forward DeMarcus Cousins.

The third team comprises Clippers forward Blake Griffin, Clippers center DeAndre Jordan, San Antonio Spurs forward/center Tim Duncan, Warriors guard Klay Thompson and Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving.

First team

Curry
Harden
Lebron
Davis
M Gasol

Second team

Paul
Westbrook
Aldridge
P Gasol
Cousins

Third team

Irving
Thompson
B Griffin
Duncan
Jordan

tredigs
05-21-2015, 02:26 PM
No comments on this?

Other players receiving votes, with point totals (First Team votes in parentheses): Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio, 155; Paul Millsap, Atlanta, 70; Al Horford, Atlanta, 64 (1); John Wall, Washington, 50; Jimmy Butler, Chicago, 32; Damian Lillard, Portland, 22; Draymond Green, Golden State, 9; Zach Randolph, Memphis, 7; Jeff Teague, Atlanta, 7; Andrew Bogut, Golden State, 6; Nikola Vucevic, Orlando, 6; DeMar DeRozan, Toronto, 3; Rudy Gay, Sacramento, 3; Andre Drummond, Detroit, 2; Gordon Hayward, Utah, 2; Kyle Korver, Atlanta, 2; Joakim Noah, Chicago, 2; Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas, 2; Dwyane Wade, Miami, 2; Carmelo Anthony, New York, 1; Tyson Chandler, Dallas, 1; Mike Conley, Memphis, 1; Brook Lopez, Brooklyn, 1; Kevin Love, Cleveland, 1; Kyle Lowry, Toronto, 1; Khris Middleton, Milwaukee, 1.

Looks like Kawhi was the only other guy who was close. Surprised Jimmy and Klay weren't closer. 2nd Team for Pau is a stretch. The rest of the choices seem about right.

NYKnickFanatic
05-21-2015, 02:29 PM
No comments on this?

Looks like Kawhi was the only other guy who was close. Surprised Jimmy and Klay weren't closer. 2nd Team for Pau is a stretch. The rest of the choices seem about right.

How the hell did Melo get a vote? lol

Lakers + Giants
05-21-2015, 02:36 PM
LA over BG? Not sure about that at all.

Redrum187
05-21-2015, 02:39 PM
I'm not sure how DeAndre Jordan beat out Al Horford for 3rd team. Wtf?

FraziersKnicks
05-21-2015, 02:42 PM
Where's Spursfan at? He said Kawhi was easy 2nd team :laugh2:

Blake should be 2nd team and Jimmy Butler should be 3rd team. I think Horford should be 3rd team (Hawks deserve at least 1 player) so him, TD and Butler as the front court players on 3rd team looks good to me.

Saddletramp
05-21-2015, 03:21 PM
4 Hawks got votes; Cleveland has a 1st teamed, 3rd teamer and another guy that got a vote; and the Warriors have a 1st teamer, 3rd teamer and two other guys that got votes.

Houston has one guy.

SF8
05-21-2015, 03:28 PM
Horford should have made it over LMA imo.

And Kawhi should have DEFINITLEY made it over Klay just like he should have in the all star game.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-21-2015, 03:41 PM
LA over BG? Not sure about that at all.

Pau over Blake is worse.

leprechaun5
05-21-2015, 03:56 PM
Klay over Wall?

Longhornfan1234
05-21-2015, 04:04 PM
Duncan on the list is a joke.

solid_pro
05-21-2015, 04:51 PM
No Wall is very curious. Almost as much as Kawhi getting DPOY and not making any of these teams. Especially since he did not play great until the last 1/3 of the season and missed 15+ games. As much as I love the guy, I don't really get how he gets DPOY over Draymond, who had a small down-swing in yet an otherwise tremendous and consistent season. And then Kawhi isn't even all-team...

tredigs
05-21-2015, 05:57 PM
3 from the East, 12 West.

flea
05-21-2015, 06:06 PM
3 from the East, 12 West.

I think you could craft a good argument for Conley's more well-rounded game over Irving, too. Both 2nd best players on their team, but Conley's team had a better record in the tough conference. He'll forever be underrated though.

tredigs
05-21-2015, 06:32 PM
I think you could craft a good argument for Conley's more well-rounded game over Irving, too. Both 2nd best players on their team, but Conley's team had a better record in the tough conference. He'll forever be underrated though.

Conley's got an argument for sure. So does Wall. He'd have been my choice, I'm cool with Kyrie there though.

I might've had Jimmy over Klay, but actually I'd have gone with Draymond over Pau (and 3rd team, not 2nd).

Overall no big complaints from me.

TheNumber37
05-21-2015, 06:34 PM
Deandre Jordan is 1st team Defesne and 3rd team ALL NBA? C'mon, he's not that good.

One of the top 5 defenders, and top 15 overall this year?

RLundi
05-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Conley's got an argument for sure. So does Wall. He'd have been my choice, I'm cool with Kyrie there though.

I might've had Jimmy over Klay, but actually I'd have gone with Draymond over Pau (and 3rd team, not 2nd).

Overall no big complaints from me.

Draymond doesn't deserve to even sniff an all-NBA team.

Chronz
05-21-2015, 06:44 PM
Deandre Jordan is 1st team Defesne and 3rd team ALL NBA? C'mon, he's not that good.

One of the top 5 defenders, and top 15 overall this year?

not top 15 top 3 CENTER

solid_pro
05-21-2015, 07:07 PM

Whys that?

While I don't think he was at all a lock for it this year, if there was an All-NBA Fantasy Performance Team, he sure would.

The Dubs do not win likely 25+ games this year w/out him and he was damn near always the guy making a key play (or 2 or 3) to lockdown victories in the last view minutes (+Steph, Klay at times). I probably wouldn't have guessed that if I hadn't watched pretty much every game this season... dude seemed to always be in the right place at the most crucial time. That's baller.

tredigs
05-21-2015, 07:12 PM

If you go to ESPN for your news and are primarily only interested in offense, sure. But I'd argue he's more of a game changer defensively than Pau is offensively, and that his O was better than Pau's D. Among the league leaders in RPM, VORP, BPM. Not a fluke. He's a massive contributor.

solid_pro
05-21-2015, 07:40 PM
If you go to ESPN for your news and are primarily only interested in offense, sure. But I'd argue he's more of a game changer defensively than Pau is offensively, and that his O was better than Pau's D. Among the league leaders in RPM, VORP, BPM. Not a fluke. He's a massive contributor.

Word. Well said.

Method28
05-21-2015, 07:47 PM
Whys that?

While I don't think he was at all a lock for it this year, if there was an All-NBA Fantasy Performance Team, he sure would.

The Dubs do not win likely 25+ games this year w/out him and he was damn near always the guy making a key play (or 2 or 3) to lockdown victories in the last view minutes (+Steph, Klay at times). I probably wouldn't have guessed that if I hadn't watched pretty much every game this season... dude seemed to always be in the right place at the most crucial time. That's baller.
Oh cone on lol they don't win more than 25 games?! Then Curry needs to have his awards stripped and they should be handed to Green.

solid_pro
05-21-2015, 07:48 PM
Oh cone on lol they don't win more than 25 games?! Then Curry needs to have his awards stripped and they should be handed to Green.

Not what I meant. I meant they don't get 25 or so of the wins without him.

And ya didn't speak to your original claim...

Vinny642
05-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Anthony Davis yessirp, many more will come

IversonIsKrazy
05-22-2015, 12:53 AM
Timmy with his 15th selection, ties Kobe & Kareem with most All-NBA selections of all-time. If he returns next year, I can defs see him topping it.

Saddletramp
05-22-2015, 05:15 PM
Not what I meant. I meant they don't get 25 or so of the wins without him.

And ya didn't speak to your original claim...

So one guy says The Warriors are a borderline playoff team without Curry and you say Green is responsible for about 25 of their wins (which would take them out of the playoffs). How is Curry the MVP if he needed Green for almost half of thier wins?

Regardless of whatever you guys think, they are a great team put together through the years and are all jelling this year so well. Can they sustain it after this year? We'll see. But everything is just working out so perfectly for them.

YAALREADYKNO
05-23-2015, 11:55 AM
Hmm kyrie over wall and klay?